PDA

View Full Version : Optimal number of doors and registers for efficiency layout

jc32079
01-29-14, 01:34 AM
I have recently been working to refine my efficiency layout through experimenting with the numbers of doors and registers and the number of tables in each section. I have tried:

4 doors with 8 tables per section
5 doors with 6 tables per section
6 doors with 5 tables per section

After looking at the results, I'm finding them all to be pretty much equal in terms of profit, with the 6-door layout with a very slight advantage. For those of you who have experimented as well, what have you found regarding the earning potential for different layouts?

zZ_guera_Zz
01-29-14, 05:23 AM
I've only gone up to five doors, it will take me a while to be able to expand enough for six doors. Do you mind posting a picture of your layout?
I've found that the bots in bakery tend to come in evenly, making it easier to add less chairs. In restaurant, though, I get angry customers with anything less than 7 chairs per door.

marianagresta
01-29-14, 06:29 AM
Well, I have done some testing too. But it was only with the game opened. The doors does not open simultaneously, so the time that the 29 customers take to enter the bakery does not change with one, two or more doors.
No new customer will enter before the first leave AND the last one enters.
The time that the 29 customers take to enter is equal to the time the first one leaves when he or she has to walk the distance of 6 squares untill reaching the chair (including cash registrer). So, in this line of thinking there should not be any diference with less than 11 places for door+cash registrer.
I soon may do some lay out alterations to check how the game behaves in long term closed periods.

jc32079
01-29-14, 02:37 PM
Here's my current layout (I'm in the midst of remodeling, so excuse the confused decor)..
http://i62.tinypic.com/ins7eo.png

saren47
01-29-14, 04:08 PM
I currently have 2 doors and find my earnings are over 200,000 coins a day, 16 seats per door. I have had up to 4 doors but no difference in earnings, just decor.

Since I have mastered all dishes, I only prepare 10 coin items.

Hope this helps.

zZ_guera_Zz
01-29-14, 06:07 PM
Here's my current layout (I'm in the midst of remodeling, so excuse the confused decor)..
http://i62.tinypic.com/ins7eo.png
Is the rose stool enough to block the bots' paths? I've got my sections enclosed with tables.

filochick1982
01-29-14, 07:25 PM
I currently have 2 doors and find my earnings are over 200,000 coins a day, 16 seats per door. I have had up to 4 doors but no difference in earnings, just decor.

Since I have mastered all dishes, I only prepare 10 coin items.

Hope this helps.

I currently use 4 doors but could also do with just two, I just prefer to have 4 for aesthetic reasons. I have 8 tables per door however 2 doors share the same 7th and 8th table and it works most of the time with the occasional broken heart but I don't mind. Curious with the earnings. Exactly how much are you making per day excluding the daily bonus, and what recipes are you baking to make that money?

For reference, I make about 230,000 coins per day excluding my daily bonus with just 4 coin recipes (currently waiting to sell my food out). I do leave my game open for 8 hours overnight.

jc32079
01-29-14, 07:26 PM
Is the rose stool enough to block the bots' paths? I've got my sections enclosed with tables.

Yep.. The rose stool works fine. All 6 sections are blocked.

zZ_guera_Zz
01-29-14, 07:34 PM
Oh, wow! I much prefer the rose stool look than all my tables. Never thought to just put a chair there lol. I've tried statues though. Very interesting! Thank you for sharing :)

jc32079
01-30-14, 10:46 AM
Oh, wow! I much prefer the rose stool look than all my tables. Never thought to just put a chair there lol. I've tried statues though. Very interesting! Thank you for sharing :)

No problem! I think any item, as long as it blocks the bots' path, will work.

zZ_guera_Zz
01-30-14, 12:25 PM
I'm going to experiment with the dragon again maybe. lol

bobbyrae
01-30-14, 01:03 PM
Interesting.

Yes, Zz, anything will work, even the dragon :)

zZ_guera_Zz
01-30-14, 08:08 PM
I just took them out again :) I tried only one but he looked lonely so I added his friends back :D

davidyagi
04-01-14, 04:03 PM
Hi all,

I'm currently looking for efficient BS layout. Just wonder if cash register close to door or some steps far will make difference in earn coins. Can someone help me answer this question?

Regards,

David

ElaineCarrel
04-01-14, 05:44 PM
U want 2 make the register close 2 the door, and make sure ur bots r able to get 2 the front of it. Then u need 2 have only 28 tables and chairs as close 2 the register as possible. The bots need 2 b able 2 access these also. Make their walk as short as possible. The best layout is a T formation. There's a thread 2 show u the layout but I'm not familiar w where it's at. As far as doors go 1 works just fine, u don't need 2 waste ur gems (10) on a second 1. Make sure ur door is in the middle of ur T formation that way ur bots will walk equal distance going either direction.
I hope I helped.

davidyagi
04-01-14, 06:02 PM
U want 2 make the register close 2 the door, and make sure ur bots r able to get 2 the front of it. Then u need 2 have only 28 tables and chairs as close 2 the register as possible. The bots need 2 b able 2 access these also. Make their walk as short as possible. The best layout is a T formation. There's a thread 2 show u the layout but I'm not familiar w where it's at. As far as doors go 1 works just fine, u don't need 2 waste ur gems (10) on a second 1. Make sure ur door is in the middle of ur T formation that way ur bots will walk equal distance going either direction.
I hope I helped.

Thanks for ur answer.

Unfortunately, I already bought 3 more doors-cash registers, just to test myself (4 doors with 7 tables each)...

The issue is if I put the cash register right next to the door I noticed the customers delayed a little more than if I put the cash register a few steps (2 or 3) far from the door...

Regards,

David

ElaineCarrel
04-01-14, 06:33 PM
Thanks for ur answer.
Unfortunately, I already bought 3 more doors-cash registers, just to test myself (4 doors with 7

I hope that u have 4 different sections in ur bakery sectioned off. If not then ur ppl can pick and chose which 1 they want to go to which will cause them to waste time.. In other words 1 bot shouldn't b able to chose between 2 registers.

filochick1982
04-01-14, 07:13 PM
Hi all,

I'm currently looking for efficient BS layout. Just wonder if cash register close to door or some steps far will make difference in earn coins. Can someone help me answer this question?

Regards,

David

Thanks for ur answer.

Unfortunately, I already bought 3 more doors-cash registers, just to test myself (4 doors with 7 tables each)...

The issue is if I put the cash register right next to the door I noticed the customers delayed a little more than if I put the cash register a few steps (2 or 3) far from the door...

Regards,

David

I actually tested the cash register theory - right next to the door and 2 squares away from the door. The total number of seconds the bots took to walk from the door to the register was higher with the register far from the door than with the register next to the door so I keep mine right next to it.

davidyagi
04-01-14, 08:14 PM
I actually tested the cash register theory - right next to the door and 2 squares away from the door. The total number of seconds the bots took to walk from the door to the register was higher with the register far from the door than with the register next to the door so I keep mine right next to it.

Thanks for ur answer filochick1982,

I will move my cash registers right next to the doors...

Regards,

David

PepperWoo
04-02-14, 10:41 AM
I don't have the feeding pens and my layout is pretty much not the optimized one (only one door), but I earn around 230k-260k per day (daily bonus of 40k-70k and cost of baking another set of RVC for 18 ovens already excluded). I don't know how but it works for me. Right now I still have 11 counters of 4-profit per serving food so I make up for that by putting all of my RVC batch on their own counters so they'll sell out in a day.

filochick1982
04-02-14, 12:15 PM
You'd probably earn more coins faster if you had a feeding pen layout but then your food would probably sell out if you're only baking RVC every day as the yield isn't high enough for the feeding pen layout.

I don't have the feeding pens and my layout is pretty much not the optimized one (only one door), but I earn around 230k-260k per day (daily bonus of 40k-70k and cost of baking another set of RVC for 18 ovens already excluded). I don't know how but it works for me. Right now I still have 11 counters of 4-profit per serving food so I make up for that by putting all of my RVC batch on their own counters so they'll sell out in a day.

PepperWoo
04-02-14, 12:36 PM
You'd probably earn more coins faster if you had a feeding pen layout but then your food would probably sell out if you're only baking RVC every day as the yield isn't high enough for the feeding pen layout.

Yeah I can barely make my RVC counters last for 22 hours, they're selling out in 20/21 hours but I do have one RVC counter that I stock-piled with 800k+ servings so I still make some extra cash while waiting for the next batch to finish at least. I do plan on experimenting with feeding pens after I've sold out all of my 4-profit food.. still got a few months though lol.

filochick1982
04-02-14, 01:57 PM
That food will never sell out if you keep baking though. I had 4.5 million plates of 4 coin food in late December last year. It took 3 solid months of baking nothing (except baking for goals) to get it down to almost zero and that's with a feeding pen layout and leaving my game open overnight. I've only just managed to do it in the last few days. If you want sell that food out, I strongly suggest you give up baking for a while.

Yeah I can barely make my RVC counters last for 22 hours, they're selling out in 20/21 hours but I do have one RVC counter that I stock-piled with 800k+ servings so I still make some extra cash while waiting for the next batch to finish at least. I do plan on experimenting with feeding pens after I've sold out all of my 4-profit food.. still got a few months though lol.

bobbyrae
04-02-14, 02:07 PM
And when you do start baking again try to spread out the food over several counters. Don't put all of the same food onto one counter. Very very bad idea. Bad idea. Bad, bad idea. Trust me.

PepperWoo
04-02-14, 03:39 PM
That food will never sell out if you keep baking though. I had 4.5 million plates of 4 coin food in late December last year. It took 3 solid months of baking nothing (except baking for goals) to get it down to almost zero and that's with a feeding pen layout and leaving my game open overnight. I've only just managed to do it in the last few days. If you want sell that food out, I strongly suggest you give up baking for a while.

Wow congrats on selling 4.5 million plates! XD I only have about 900k servings of 4-coin food left (used to be 2 million) so I think that's not a whole lot most especially now that I'm only baking RVC and goal recipes. I'm estimating I could sell out all of it in 3-4 months even if I do not stop baking.

And when you do start baking again try to spread out the food over several counters. Don't put all of the same food onto one counter. Very very bad idea. Bad idea. Bad, bad idea. Trust me.

Haha yes, that's why my RVCs are now spread out in 19 counters because I have other food. I made the mistake of stock piling RVC in one counter and it's taking me such a long time to see the profit lol

luincristiel
04-02-14, 11:10 PM
Interesting - I've only got 2 doors with 10 tables each and 100% satisfication almost all the time.
Not sure how much exactly I earn per day but over 200k with 2/3 ovens baking RVC and 1/3 baking 4-coin food.