PDA

View Full Version : Expansion permits

TastyCakeBakery
01-28-14, 03:16 PM
Would it be possible to get a few trades in the Royal Exchange that would give multiple trade tickets and of course don't take all day to make? I'd be happy if we even had a trade that gave two tickets upon completion. Of course we would have to trade more items, but it sure would help those of us that are needing to expand and need quite a few expansion permits. Thanks!

PikaSquirrel
01-28-14, 03:29 PM
Thanks for the feedback. Right now, each time you upgrade the original Fruit Trade, you get 5 Trade Tickets as a reward for upgrading (just for upgrading, not for each trade after that).

We'll forward your feedback to the development team.

Mylly2
01-28-14, 04:27 PM
PikaSquirrel, how do you upgrade the Fruit Trade, I don't understand what you mean?

TastyCakeBakery
01-28-14, 05:26 PM
Thanks for the feedback. Right now, each time you upgrade the original Fruit Trade, you get 5 Trade Tickets as a reward for upgrading (just for upgrading, not for each trade after that).

We'll forward your feedback to the development team.

I don't understand either. How do you upgrade the fruit trade?

maguar
01-29-14, 03:12 AM
The first fruit trade upgrades when you collect a glimmerbulb (crop, purple cow). That trade then upgrades when you collect a magic fruit (magic garden).

Mylly2
01-29-14, 03:33 AM
Thanks maguar.

passinthru8
01-29-14, 12:13 PM
I still don't understand!! Q: are you saying you get 5 Trade Tickets for Fruit Trade Exchange??? Please explain Q: How do you Upgrade Fruit Trade? I got a bunch of Lemons & Oranges. Since then, Mr Piggleworth has only given me Lemons and Oranges. It is a little disappointing!

passinthru8
01-29-14, 12:16 PM
I just don't get the Fruit Trade Upgrade?? Please explain in detail. Thank you.

Mylly2
01-29-14, 05:49 PM
Maybe there's more info in the guide and maguar could link us to it.
I think as we start using the Royal Exchange, we are given basic exchanges. As our kingdom grows, our levels raise and we gather different items, we are given more advanced exchanges, requiring the new found items.

lunerasilver
01-30-14, 02:02 AM
I really wish additional fruit trades were "added" rather than upgraded. I very much miss the middle fruit trade because it was a much FASTER way to get tickets than after I unlocked the magic garden. Now I can only do the trade every 6 days. Before I used to do the trade every 2-3 days (I grew a LOT of sugar & strawberries). It's funny that an "upgrade" slowed things down. Maybe the highest level fruit trade should drop 2 trade tickets.

maguar
01-30-14, 04:16 AM
I just don't get the Fruit Trade Upgrade?? Please explain in detail. Thank you.

The original fruit trade required strawberries and sugar. If you collected a glimmer fruit you would get a popup saying you'd upgraded your trade and you were given a bonus of five tickets.

The second fruit trade (upgraded from the first - needs strawberries and glimmerbulbs) gave one ticket. If you collected a magic fruit you'd get a popup saying you'd upgraded a trade and a bonus five tickets.

The final fruit trade (upgraded from the second - needs strawberries, glimmerbulbs and magic fruit) gives one ticket.

I don't know if the new fruit crate trade upgrades.

The original thread on the exchange is here (http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?48517).

zenobia42
05-15-14, 11:32 AM
If I do not plant any glimmerbulbs, and do not place & collect from a purple cow, can I begin the Magic Garden quest line and not be forced to have my fruit trade "upgraded"?

As I understand from reading on this forum, "upgrading" means a forced replacement of the 1-hour (25 strawberries + 5 sugar) Fruit Trade with the 2-hour (40 strawberries + 25 glimmerbulbs + 3 sugar) Rare Fruit Trade. I MUCH prefer my easy to complete 1-hour exchange. In fact, like pretty much everyone I have seen post on the subject, I really see the "upgrade" as a penalty not a reward for anyone who is saving up trade tickets... which is typically a primary reason for using the exchange. As it stands now, I need 4 hours to grow 25 sugar cane + 1 hour to grow 25 strawberries while making sugar + 1 hour for the exchange = a start to finish time of 6 hours. Instead of that, when "upgraded," it requires 8 hours (glimmerbulbs) + 4 hours (sugar cane) + 2*2 sets of 20 strawberries + 2 (exchange) = 18 hours. This is assuming one wants at least a few plot free s to be growing other needed stuff, like carrots. Alternatively, use all my plots; I do the 25 glimmerbulbs alongside 15 plots used for sugar cane then 3 sets of strawberries, then 2 hours for the exchange = 10 hours.

So which is better:
A) 2 trade tickets and 5 energy (and random food items) every 6 hours using 25 plots? (This option means the Eggs & Dairy exchange is doable while sugar cane is growing).
B) 1 trade ticket and 10 energy every 18 hours using ≤25 plots?
C) 1 trade ticket and 10 energy every 10 hours using all 40 of my plots?

I don't see why anyone would consider B or C an "upgrade" from A. And I don't even know how much worse it gets the second "upgrade - couldn't find that exact info on the forum.

I would very much like a Tinker Camp. Since I have 28 trade tickets now (after unlocking the Royal Chateau), that won't happen for MONTHS if my fruit exchange is "upgraded." So... If I do not plant any glimmerbulbs, and do not place/collect from a purple cow, can I progress at least a bit on the Magic Garden / other goal lines before losing my ability to get the Tinker Camp before the end of the year? And would the game devs please consider letting the good fruit trade remain an option alongside the "upgraded" one?

ETA: Please someone tell me my Mr. Pigglesworth won't ever drop glimmerbulbs or I'll have to stop tapping him too!

doobievilla
05-16-14, 03:22 PM
If I do not plant any glimmerbulbs, and do not place & collect from a purple cow, can I begin the Magic Garden quest line and not be forced to have my fruit trade "upgraded"?

As I understand from reading on this forum, "upgrading" means a forced replacement of the 1-hour (25 strawberries + 5 sugar) Fruit Trade with the 2-hour (40 strawberries + 25 glimmerbulbs + 3 sugar) Rare Fruit Trade. I MUCH prefer my easy to complete 1-hour exchange. In fact, like pretty much everyone I have seen post on the subject, I really see the "upgrade" as a penalty not a reward for anyone who is saving up trade tickets... which is typically a primary reason for using the exchange. As it stands now, I need 4 hours to grow 25 sugar cane + 1 hour to grow 25 strawberries while making sugar + 1 hour for the exchange = a start to finish time of 6 hours. Instead of that, when "upgraded," it requires 8 hours (glimmerbulbs) + 4 hours (sugar cane) + 2*2 sets of 20 strawberries + 2 (exchange) = 18 hours. This is assuming one wants at least a few plot free s to be growing other needed stuff, like carrots. Alternatively, use all my plots; I do the 25 glimmerbulbs alongside 15 plots used for sugar cane then 3 sets of strawberries, then 2 hours for the exchange = 10 hours.

So which is better:
A) 2 trade tickets and 5 energy (and random food items) every 6 hours using 25 plots? (This option means the Eggs & Dairy exchange is doable while sugar cane is growing).
B) 1 trade ticket and 10 energy every 18 hours using ≤25 plots?
C) 1 trade ticket and 10 energy every 10 hours using all 40 of my plots?

I don't see why anyone would consider B or C an "upgrade" from A. And I don't even know how much worse it gets the second "upgrade - couldn't find that exact info on the forum.

I would very much like a Tinker Camp. Since I have 28 trade tickets now (after unlocking the Royal Chateau), that won't happen for MONTHS if my fruit exchange is "upgraded." So... If I do not plant any glimmerbulbs, and do not place/collect from a purple cow, can I progress at least a bit on the Magic Garden / other goal lines before losing my ability to get the Tinker Camp before the end of the year? And would the game devs please consider letting the good fruit trade remain an option alongside the "upgraded" one?

ETA: Please someone tell me my Mr. Pigglesworth won't ever drop glimmerbulbs or I'll have to stop tapping him too!

Dude progress with the game.. Poke your Cows and Chickens and do that Trade.. wait for all the other stuff to build up and then do those trades.. This game is race with no finish line and you are missing 1 of 4 tires..

zenobia42
05-20-14, 08:18 AM
If anyone else is interested, I tried to progress without hamstringing my efforts to get a Tinker Camp by working on the Magic Garden quests but never planted any glimmerbulbs... And the game forced me to lose the good trade anyway by dropping glimmerbulbs from the garden itself, not 24 hours after I had opened it. I wish someone had answered my question and let me know that could happen. But at least now I can warn the next person: Even without ever plantning **** glimmerbulbs, the game forces the chance on you. I will post in 8 months or so when I get the Tinker Camp if I'm even still playing then.

zenobia42
05-25-14, 08:31 AM
Great, I am gathering the 40 strawberries and 25 glimmerbulbs that grew overnight, and in the process, also collected from the Magic Garden and now I have been forcibly upgraded to the WORST trade, the "Magic Fruit Trade." Right as I was about to do my crappy Rare Fruit Trade. Now I can't even do that! I have my 25 glimmerbulbs and 40 strawberries and now I get to wait another 9 hours to be able to do anything with them, 9 hours with no bonus energy.

A summary of how this "upgrade" is a huge hindrance:

We start with a 6-hour process for 5 energy.
Next is an 18-hour process for 10 energy.
Next is... how often does the Magic Garden drop Magic Fruit? Once a day at best. So enough for the Magic Fruit Trade once every 6 days.

Am I the only ones who sees GREATLY diminishing returns?

0.833 energy / hour input.
0.555 energy / hour input.
0.104 energy / hour input. Literally EIGHT TIMES WORSE.

Can we at LEAST make it double the energy of the rare (as the rare doubles the original) and only 2 magic fruit per exchange? Then we'd get it every other day. That's an exchange rate of .42 which is *merely* twice as bad as the original. Or heck, 15 energy every other day is only 2.7 times as bad as the original, I'd take that in a heartbeat at this point!

What I actually really want to know is WHY the game thinks it's a good idea to continually make the game more difficult to get anywhere in? I understand it taking more time to use wood/stone then beams/blocks then fancy ones then royal then enchanted. But I do NOT understand why the game also feels the need to give us LESS ENERGY to do the things we need to do, and to make it so that if you want to progress in the storyline, it means you are forced out of getting any of the non-storyline stuff (e.g. Tinker Camp) which can help alleviate just a little bit of the increased difficulty. Can someone Storm8 please explain WHY they force this decrease in energy on us AND make it take months to get 99 stupid trade tickets? I feel like the victim of a bait and switch here: here is a goal, 99 trade tickets, and look it's easy to get 6 tickets a day or so. Only once you get started, suddenly it's 2 tickets a day. Is it going to reduce to a ticket a week before I get there?????