PDA

View Full Version : Delete and reinstall Bakery Story Failure

makemineabsoloot
01-28-14, 11:59 AM
Hi,
I deleted my Bakery Story for a while then tried to reinstall it. In the App Store it was on my purchased list (even though it is free) and it shows it was installed. The tab on the app says open....not install. But when I open it nothing happens. Furthermore there is no icon for it on my iPad, so I am unable to delete it to try again. I have no idea what to do now to get it back? Any help would be appreciated. This was my favorite game. I am level 62 or 63. Storm ID makemineabsoloot.

Thanks
Sue

makemineabsoloot
01-28-14, 12:01 PM
When playing restaurant story or Dragon story, it shows my Bakery story as installed on the list of games in the drop down tab top right. But when I click on play, it does nothing.

SparklyOctopus
01-28-14, 12:11 PM
Hello! Have you tried restarting your device? That should fix the issue! If not, let us know. :)

makemineabsoloot
01-28-14, 12:58 PM
Yes several times, and just tried again. Still the same issue. Is there another way to install it?

kooky panda
01-28-14, 01:20 PM
Try doing a hard reset of your iPad. This normally will bring your icon back.
Hold down the on/off and home buttons at the same time until you see the apple icon.

(Also check to make sure the bakery icon did not move over with other icons.

makemineabsoloot
01-28-14, 01:28 PM
I did the hard restart and checked the icons. All icons are singular. It did not solve the problem.

kooky panda
01-28-14, 01:33 PM
I see you went down your purchase history. Have you tried searching in app store for teamlava, then scroll over to find bakery story. See if you can download it that way instead of through your purchase history.

makemineabsoloot
01-28-14, 01:39 PM
Also in the drop down menu for other games my bakery icon says ACCEPT and shows a number one by the bakery story title. The others say PLAY

makemineabsoloot
01-28-14, 01:42 PM
I jus tried the team lava search and it shows OPEN vs install and when I touch it nothing happens. It stays highlighted while my finger is touching it but goes back to white when I remove my finger.

makemineabsoloot
01-28-14, 01:44 PM
I wonder if I can't get it back on my ipad if I could transfer my level etc to my android device. At least I could play it there.

makemineabsoloot
01-29-14, 09:47 AM
Is there any way you can remove it from your end so I can install it again?

kooky panda
01-29-14, 10:49 AM
You can use the login feature to move your games to your android device. (Be sure and set up a password for your storm Id first).
You can also send an email to support@teamlava.com to see if an support agent can assist in removing the game.

makemineabsoloot
01-29-14, 05:01 PM
Success!!! I have tried everything including installing a new app so I had to use my Apple ID which was supposed to complete all other apps which didn't finish installing. (A tip given to me by tech support) which did not work. But I got a notification from the Game Center from a new app installed and noticed my achievements for bakery story was still there. I deleted the achievements and got a message asking if I wanted to uninstall Bakery Story too. So I did and was able to reinstall it! I'm so happy! I just wanted you Mods to know I case someone else experienced the same issue. Thanks kooky Panda and sparkleyoctopus for trying to help me!!!

kooky panda
01-29-14, 05:04 PM
Oh thanks for reporting back. This will be helpful for others that are experiencing the same issues.

So you went to the game center and deleted the achievements for Bakery, then you got the option to delete the game too, right?

makemineabsoloot
01-29-14, 05:40 PM
Exactly!