PDA

View Full Version : Gift swap or expiration

jules0072
01-27-14, 06:03 AM
Hi there,

I have been playing the game since November, but when I added neighbours I was given out of date gifts that I cannot get ovens for, so I was wondering if we could either swap with neighbours who need the gifts that others have clogging up their gift inbox or that the items expire after a week, I think this idea could go down well as it could help others out seeing as there is a limit to how many we can have

ElaineCarrel
01-27-14, 07:47 PM
There is not a limit as 2 how many items we can have in gift storage. The only limit there is where gifts r involved is we're only allowed 2 receive 20 gifts a day.

jules0072
01-28-14, 12:21 AM
Oh ok but still I would like the items from my gift box to expire as I hate my Box looking cluttered up

ElaineCarrel
01-28-14, 07:15 PM
Oh ok but still I would like the items from my gift box to expire as I hate my Box looking cluttered up
I'm not sure how long uve been playing this game but as u go along ull b using items from ur storage 2 build different appliances. Don't 4get u can refuse any gift that u don't want. Items don't magically appear in ur storage wo u accepting them. I make it a habit 2 accept ALL gifts unless it's something so far out in left field that I don't want it. The last challenge we had I didn't have 2 ask 4 any parts because I had enough and I built 10 of ea type of appliance.

twospoons
01-29-14, 07:18 AM

i'm with you (well, partly - auto-expiring would be bad, because that would interfere with keeping a stash of gears and screws and such, but the option to delete gifts would be nice). but it's been requested before and nothing's ever changed, so i think it's one of those learn to live with it situations. hopefully you haven't accepted too many parts that you'll never have any use for, and if you have neighbors who continually send parts that are only used in appliances you can't access, i'd suggest rethinking whether you want to continue being their neighbor. i've got one crazy neighbor i keep just to see what random thing he'll send me today. not sure what his motivation is, but he never fails to mystify me.

side note: if you're on android, you can get earlier versions of the game, though not from google play. it doesn't help with goal-locked appliances, unfortunately, but i did download the xmas versions for bakery & restaurant from 2012 (2011?) this past season, and got access to a couple of old ovens that i hadn't gotten to make before, so some parts i never thought i'd be able to use were suddenly very welcome.

bobbyrae
01-29-14, 08:06 AM
There is not a limit as 2 how many items we can have in gift storage.

Actually, there is a limit on how many items you can have in storage. The limit is 32,767 of any one item, according to some players who have tested it. There is a reason for that number and you can read trenae's explanation her (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?14238-If-u-save-all-your-gifts-please-read!&p=87807&viewfull=1#post87807)e.

You can also receive up to 40 gifts per day (well, we are supposed to be able to) in that you can request and receive 20 parts in addition to your 20 regular gifts from neighbours.