PDA

View Full Version : Pls help. Transferred game successfully to new iPad. Now on old device my son....

mamamacfashion
01-26-14, 03:16 PM
Now on old device my son wants to start his own dragon story. But my dragon story is still on my old device. So my game/my island are on both my new iPad and my old droid phone. How can I restart it on my old phone? Or not even just restart that game. But sign out of play store. I cant even delete it from my old phone. I have read that you can't play the same storm I'd on 2 different devices, but that's what is happening to me. I thought that once I transferred my storm I'd to my new iPad then it would automatically clear on the old phone!? I don't need it on the phone anymore. I tried to sign out of the play store cause I assumed it was attached to my account in the play store, but I can't seem to find out how to sign out of the play store. I removed all my email accounts , but that didn't do anything. I don't want to factory reset the phone because I need the texts and messages on it. All I want is to delete my games from it and let my son start over. There has to be a way for this?.? Plssss any help, this is my first time on the forum :)

DragonMaster128z
01-26-14, 03:16 PM
Did you use the Restaurant Story Log in Feature?

igames4me
01-26-14, 04:00 PM
You have to email support@teamlava.com
For them to take off your acct on one device

mamamacfashion
01-26-14, 04:41 PM
Yes I used restaurant story.

mamamacfashion
01-26-14, 04:42 PM
You have to email support@teamlava.com
For them to take off your acct on one device
So it will be a few days till my son can play, in other words :p

midnightmeerkat
01-26-14, 06:01 PM
Now on old device my son wants to start his own dragon story. But my dragon story is still on my old device. So my game/my island are on both my new iPad and my old droid phone. How can I restart it on my old phone? Or not even just restart that game. But sign out of play store. I cant even delete it from my old phone. I have read that you can't play the same storm I'd on 2 different devices, but that's what is happening to me. I thought that once I transferred my storm I'd to my new iPad then it would automatically clear on the old phone!? I don't need it on the phone anymore. I tried to sign out of the play store cause I assumed it was attached to my account in the play store, but I can't seem to find out how to sign out of the play store. I removed all my email accounts , but that didn't do anything. I don't want to factory reset the phone because I need the texts and messages on it. All I want is to delete my games from it and let my son start over. There has to be a way for this?.? Plssss any help, this is my first time on the forum :)

If you used restaurant story to transfer your game onto the ipad did you set up a storm 8 ID? If you did you should be able to log in to that one on the old device. Presumably dragon story will start at level 1

kooky panda
01-26-14, 06:24 PM
So it will be a few days till my son can play, in other words :p
When you use the login feature you are not removing your storm ID from your old device.
Since you new device now has a storm ID, you will not be able to transfer your storm ID off your old device.
You will need to send an email to support@teamlava.com. Tell them that you have moved your games over to your new device by using the login feature but you do not want your storm ID to remain on your old device ( so no one else can have access to your games) and ask if they will remove that storm ID from that device.

Future reference:
To permanently transfer a storm ID off a device use a storm 8 game.
See post 1
Transfer Thread (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?54910-ID-Transfer-Storm8-Method&p=675489&viewfull=1#post675489)

CoalCountry
01-26-14, 06:39 PM

A similar thing has happened to me with Castle Story. I have 2 CS kingdoms, one on my iPad and one on my iPhone. Somehow they both synced, and I have only one kingdom. But they're both acting strange. The activities I do on one device does not sync up with the other device. Everything's messed up! I worked hard on that second kingdom, and it want it back EXACTLY as it was! I don't want to lose Gems, Experience Points, Coins, or anything else! I'm gonna take a screen shot of the kingdom as it is now (because I can visit it through my other kingdom)!

kooky panda
01-26-14, 06:58 PM
A similar thing has happened to me with Castle Story. I have 2 CS kingdoms, one on my iPad and one on my iPhone. Somehow they both synced, and I have only one kingdom. But they're both acting strange. The activities I do on one device does not sync up with the other device. Everything's messed up! I worked hard on that second kingdom, and it want it back EXACTLY as it was! I don't want to lose Gems, Experience Points, Coins, or anything else! I'm gonna take a screen shot of the kingdom as it is now (because I can visit it through my other kingdom)!
If you have the same storm ID and games on two different devices, you need to force close out the games on one device before trying to play on the other device.

There will be a delay in seeing what you did on one device when you try to play on the other device.

How to force close out your games (IOS) (http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?61422-How-to-force-close-out-your-games-(IOS))

mamamacfashion
01-27-14, 12:33 AM
When you use the login feature you are not removing your storm ID from your old device.
Since you new device now has a storm ID, you will not be able to transfer your storm ID off your old device.
You will need to send an email to support@teamlava.com. Tell them that you have moved your games over to your new device by using the login feature but you do not want your storm ID to remain on your old device ( so no one else can have access to your games) and ask if they will remove that storm ID from that device.

Future reference:
See post 1
Transfer Thread (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?54910-ID-Transfer-Storm8-Method&p=675489&viewfull=1#post675489)
Ok I will email them. But now I'm confused what is the difference between storm and storm 8. Seems so frustrating for someone who just plays 1 game. Where and when would I have been told this or learned this. Wish it could just be a little simpler, would be so much easier on all the users!
So if I play dragon story, am I in the right forum?

mamamacfashion
01-27-14, 12:43 AM

Future reference:
See post 1
Also I did use those instructions, because it says an "update" ,that you can use restaurant story to transfer. That's how I figured out how to do it.

carlosprie
01-27-14, 06:03 AM
You should have created a new id storm for your son in the new device,and then use restaurant to change the id in both devices. You can use another device to create another id, and then to transfer it to your son phone. You can only cr?ate one id in each device, but once You have it, You can transfer it wherever You want. Use your husband phone if he doesnt play, for example

CoalCountry
01-27-14, 10:18 AM
If you have the same storm ID and games on two different devices, you need to force close out the games on one device before trying to play on the other device.

There will be a delay in seeing what you did on one device when you try to play on the other device.

How to force close out your games (IOS) (http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?61422-How-to-force-close-out-your-games-(IOS))
I do not use the same ID for the games.

mamamacfashion
01-27-14, 12:55 PM
You should have created a new id storm for your son in the new device,and then use restaurant to change the id in both devices. You can use another device to create another id, and then to transfer it to your son phone. You can only cr?ate one id in each device, but once You have it, You can transfer it wherever You want. Use your husband phone if he doesnt play, for example
But if I had of created a new id in my new device I wouldn't have been able to transfer mine from my old device, or would I have? So I could have. Started a new id in the new device then transfers it to the old device, then transfer my old id to y new device? holy wow so confusing. It would be so much easier if TLjust made it so you can sign in and out of your game on any device. That would make so much more sense.
So now what I could do Is, make an id up on my hubby's phone then transfer it to my old phone? Will that automatically remove my id for me old phone? Also it wouldn't effect my Id on my new device.
I guess I'll go ahead and email TL and then if that's taking too long I can try this way.

midnightmeerkat
01-27-14, 01:31 PM
But if I had of created a new id in my new device I wouldn't have been able to transfer mine from my old device, or would I have? So I could have. Started a new id in the new device then transfers it to the old device, then transfer my old id to y new device? holy wow so confusing. It would be so much easier if TLjust made it so you can sign in and out of your game on any device. That would make so much more sense.
So now what I could do Is, make an id up on my hubby's phone then transfer it to my old phone? Will that automatically remove my id for me old phone? Also it wouldn't effect my Id on my new device.
I guess I'll go ahead and email TL and then if that's taking too long I can try this way.

You won't be able to transfer it as there is already an ID on the old device but you will be able to log in to that new ID on the old device.

It seems to me that you would have already had to have set up a new ID on your ipad and then it sounds like you signed in (not transferred) your game from your old device... If you can remember what that ID Is you can just sign in using that ID onto the old device.

Also when you transfer an ID you do not set up a new storm ID all out do is start playing a game to level 2 on the new device then enter in your old storm ID

"Open any Storm8 game (World War, iMobsters, Racing Live, Vampires Live, Kingdoms Live, Pets Live, Ninjas Live, Zombies Live, or Rock Battle Live).
Create a Storm8 ID and password for your original character on your OLD device, if you haven't already. (On the old device, visit HOME (unlocks at level 2) -> SETTINGS (tiny cog icon) -> STORM8 tab.)
On your NEW device, log into your previously created Storm8 ID. To do this, visit HOME (unlocks at level 2) -> SETTINGS (tiny cog icon) -> STORM8 tab -> Begin Resume/Transfer button -> New, and from here you can enter your Storm8 ID and password and your data from all Storm8/TeamLava games will have moved to the new device."

midnightmeerkat
01-27-14, 01:58 PM
Ok I will email them. But now I'm confused what is the difference between storm and storm 8. Seems so frustrating for someone who just plays 1 game. Where and when would I have been told this or learned this. Wish it could just be a little simpler, would be so much easier on all the users!
So if I play dragon story, am I in the right forum?

Errr.... Storm and storm8 are the same thing

mamamacfashion
01-27-14, 03:18 PM
You won't be able to transfer it as there is already an ID on the old device but you will be able to log in to that new ID on the old device.

It seems to me that you would have already had to have set up a new ID on your ipad and then it sounds like you signed in (not transferred) your game from your old device... If you can remember what that ID Is you can just sign in using that ID onto the old device.

Also when you transfer an ID you do not set up a new storm ID all out do is start playing a game to level 2 on the new device then enter in your old storm ID

"Open any Storm8 game (World War, iMobsters, Racing Live, Vampires Live, Kingdoms Live, Pets Live, Ninjas Live, Zombies Live, or Rock Battle Live).
Create a Storm8 ID and password for your original character on your OLD device, if you haven't already. (On the old device, visit HOME (unlocks at level 2) -> SETTINGS (tiny cog icon) -> STORM8 tab.)
On your NEW device, log into your previously created Storm8 ID. To do this, visit HOME (unlocks at level 2) -> SETTINGS (tiny cog icon) -> STORM8 tab -> Begin Resume/Transfer button -> New, and from here you can enter your Storm8 ID and password and your data from all Storm8/TeamLava games will have moved to the new device."
There are 2 people posting on this thread, the very first post is my problem.
I never started a new id. If you read my first post it explains it. I transferred my storm Id and game from my old phone to my new iPad via restaurant story. When I first got my iPad I looked up how to transfer and I did it. I downloaded restaurant story then signed in and then I downloaded dragon story and my id and game was all transferred.
But now I want my id and game off of my old phone.
But yes I signed in with restaurant story on my new iPad and my dragon story game "transferred"!
I didn't have to play to level 2 though because I was already past level 2 .

mamamacfashion
01-27-14, 03:20 PM
Errr.... Storm and storm8 are the same thing

Err?
They are the exact same thing? Then why is one storm8 and one is storm? If this is making you mad, you don't need to help.
Thanks though

midnightmeerkat
01-27-14, 03:35 PM
I never started a new id. If you read my first post it explains it. I transferred my storm Id and game from my old phone to my new iPad via restaurant story. When I first got my iPad I looked up how to transfer and I did it. I downloaded restaurant story then signed in and then I downloaded dragon story and my id and game was all transferred.
But yes I signed in with restaurant story on my new iPad and my dragon story game "transferred"!
I am not getting mad just trying to help :). The restaurant story way does not transfer your account it just lets you log in to your game from a different device

I have an iphone and ipad and have a game set up on both, I use the restaurant login feature to login to my ipad game on my iphone when I am away from home, then swap back and forth

midnightmeerkat
01-27-14, 03:37 PM
Err?
They are the exact same thing? Then why is one storm8 and one is storm? If this is making you mad, you don't need to help.
Thanks though
I think when kooky was saying storm ID she meant storm8 ID, there is not 2 different ID's.... If you don't want me to try to help I'll stop posting tho

midnightmeerkat
01-27-14, 03:52 PM

I wonder.... if you have not set up a storm8 ID on you ipad you could try the transfer feature which I quoted in my post... You will need to download a storm8 game (not restaurant story)

kooky panda
01-27-14, 03:54 PM
Storm ID- This is an ID you set up for you games.

Storm 8 game- Dragon story is a Team Lava Game. There are also Storm 8 games . The one transfer method I was referring to requires you to download/use a Storm 8 game (http://forums.storm8.com/forumdisplay.php?134-Storm8) to do a transfer.

mamamacfashion
01-27-14, 03:57 PM
I wonder.... if you have not set up a storm8 ID on you ipad you could try the transfer feature which I quoted in my post... You will need to download a storm8 game (not restaurant story)

My game is already on my new iPad. I need it takin off my old phone, so my son can start a new game.
Thank you for your help :). I just didn't know why there was storm8 and storm. I look too far into things and I'm still wondering in my head why it has two names (lol)

mamamacfashion
01-27-14, 03:59 PM
Storm ID- This is an ID you set up for you games.

Storm 8 game- Dragon story is a Team Lava Game. There are also Storm 8 games . The one transfer method I was referring to requires you to download/use a Storm 8 game (http://forums.storm8.com/forumdisplay.php?134-Storm8) to do a transfer.

I'm starting to get it. So storm8 is it's own "thing" which has games, and also supports (?) team lava games? Kinda thing.

kooky panda
01-27-14, 04:00 PM
My game is already on my new iPad. I need it takin off my old phone, so my son can start a new game.
Thank you for your help :). I just didn't know why there was storm8 and storm. I look too far into things and I'm still wondering in my head why it has two names (lol)
No worries it can get very confusing!

Support should be able to assist with removing your storm ID and games from your old device.

midnightmeerkat
01-27-14, 04:06 PM

You have logged into your game on your ipad but you have not transferred it.... If I were you I would use the transfer method which will take the game off your old device then your son can start fresh.......

It is a bit confusing because when you use the new login feature it does say that it is transferring the games but it isn't actually transferring them from the other device - the games are still domiciled to the original device

[iOS & Android] New Login feature in Limited Games! Does not transfer your game http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?59955-iOS-amp-Android-New-Login-feature-in-Limited-Games!

Have a new device? Restore your original account here! http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?42962-Have-a-new-device-Restore-your-original-account-here!

midnightmeerkat
01-27-14, 04:11 PM
No worries it can get very confusing!

Support should be able to assist with removing your storm ID and games from your old device.

Kooky, from what she is saying she has used the restaurant story feature to sign into her account on her ipad but the account is still domiciled on the old device... Surely all she need to do is use the transfer method to transfer her account to the ipad? Then her son can then start fresh on the old device.

mamamacfashion
01-27-14, 07:34 PM
Kooky, from what she is saying she has used the restaurant story feature to sign into her account on her ipad but the account is still domiciled on the old device... Surely all she need to do is use the transfer method to transfer her account to the ipad? Then her son can then start fresh on the old device.

I emailed TL. I terrified to try and do a transfer again and I will loose progress. I'll wait and see what they say.

kooky panda
01-27-14, 07:43 PM
She cannot use the login feature since the storm ID is already on the new iPad.

midnightmeerkat
01-27-14, 07:46 PM

She says she did not set up a storm ID on the ipad. (Just used restaurant story to sign in)

midnightmeerkat
01-27-14, 07:50 PM

In the this post she says she never created a new ID..... She has used the sign in feature and thought that it transferred her account

kooky panda
01-28-14, 06:29 AM
She says she did not set up a storm ID on the ipad. (Just used restaurant story to sign in)
I understand, but since she used the login feature, her storm ID is now on her new device so she cannot use the storm 8 transfer to remove the storm ID off her old device.

midnightmeerkat
01-28-14, 11:58 AM
I understand, but since she used the login feature, her storm ID is now on her new device so she cannot use the storm 8 transfer to remove the storm ID off her old device.

Oh. Ok. So it has the same storm8 ID on both devices...... interesting.

mamamacfashion
01-30-14, 02:05 PM

Thank you to everyone who has helped me with this. Here is my update. When I very first emailed TL to find out how to transfer my account, that is how I got the instructions to transfer my account, that is when I used the restaurant story way. Then that is when I came on here and posted because my game was still left on my old device, but to update you both. When you use the restaurant story way, you do actually transfer your account. All I had to do was restart my old phone and I also uninstalled the game and reinstalled it and my account is not on it anymore.
Maybe this is something that has changed recently, but I thought it would be good for you to know kooky. That the restaurant story way will transfer an account. This is the site that TL gave me when I emailed them. When they send the automatic response to all emails this is the site that is attached to that email, which tells you how to transfer :)
http://support.storm8.com/entries/23732810

Yay my son is going to be soo excited, lol I've been working on this, on and off for days lol ;) When all I had to do was restart my phone :p hehe

mamamacfashion
01-30-14, 02:07 PM
Oh. Ok. So it has the same storm8 ID on both devices...... interesting.

I think the id was only on both because I hadn't restarted my phone, * Read my update in previous post :)

midnightmeerkat
01-30-14, 03:38 PM
I think the id was only on both because I hadn't restarted my phone, * Read my update in previous post :)

I tried the restaurant story login on an iphone which does not have any teamlava games on it and it does transfer the storm8 ID and I did get the same games on both devices.... I emailed support to get it deleted off as my son wanted his games on it which we have now done. I think it is likely that support had taken off the storm8 ID off that phone as per your request....

kooky panda
01-31-14, 06:41 AM
Thank you to everyone who has helped me with this. Here is my update. When I very first emailed TL to find out how to transfer my account, that is how I got the instructions to transfer my account, that is when I used the restaurant story way. Then that is when I came on here and posted because my game was still left on my old device, but to update you both. When you use the restaurant story way, you do actually transfer your account. All I had to do was restart my old phone and I also uninstalled the game and reinstalled it and my account is not on it anymore.
Maybe this is something that has changed recently, but I thought it would be good for you to know kooky. That the restaurant story way will transfer an account. This is the site that TL gave me when I emailed them. When they send the automatic response to all emails this is the site that is attached to that email, which tells you how to transfer :)
http://support.storm8.com/entries/23732810

Yay my son is going to be soo excited, lol I've been working on this, on and off for days lol ;) When all I had to do was restart my phone :p hehe

I am with midnight, I am sure that support removed your storm ID from your old account. When I use the login my storm ID is on both devices.
Players can access that Storm8 ID from both devices until they login to another Storm8 ID.

mamamacfashion
02-05-14, 11:08 AM
I tried to ask them exactly how they did it and they won't tell me. They keep sending duplicate emails, by accident maybe I don't know.
Thanks though

Gradma65
03-20-14, 09:44 PM
Do I understand correctly that to transfer my dragon story game I have to Download and log in to restaurant story?

Future reference:
See post 1

maguar
03-21-14, 02:53 AM
Do I understand correctly that to transfer my dragon story game I have to Download and log in to restaurant story?

If you're getting rid of your old device you should do the method in the Transfer thread that kooky mentioned. This is so whoever gets your old device can't access your accounts. If you're keeping your old device but want to be able to access your account on your new device you can download restaurant story and use it to log in.