PDA

View Full Version : Cost of army suddenly increased without upgrading

theube
01-25-14, 07:34 AM
I have a Lvl 50 Kingdom. On Thursday my cost for airships-Lvl 3 was 3600 Friday it suddenly jumped to 9000, others jumped too, Assassin-Lvl 3 went to 5200, and white wizard-Lvl 1 to 16000, Bears up 200 and thief up 100. The costs to rebuild has escalated so high I can no longer win more than I spend. What happened??

MeisterLampee
01-25-14, 09:12 AM
Yes, it is horrible. I lost much fun with those troop costs. I am in the top 50 and regularly run out of spell stones. Really frustrating.

redrockstar
01-25-14, 09:31 AM
So typical of TL. Instead of giving us a REAL update like a new weapon or a new troop they just keep screwing with times and prices. I wish people who actually knew what they were doing were in control of this game. :(

gandalf72
01-25-14, 10:37 AM
Has anyone seen a reason why FM did this cost update? I use airships ... As do a lot of those who attack me. For me it's either attack less often waiting for mines, or back to ground troops. At my level 48, ground troops wiped fast by powerful scatter damage of catapults and lightning etc... Maybe if archers would stay in smaller groups I could make more progress?
What's reason for this huge cost change? Anyone see new advantages or fun in this?

melanthia
01-25-14, 12:17 PM
The point here is that not all players have their troops costs changed..I find it extremely unfair to have applied the patch to only a few if us while the rest can still make low-cost army..if they wanted to apply the patch the owed at least to do it equally for every one..this games management is a disgrace..not only cause of this patch, but cause their carelessness/ignorance blah blah keeps getting worse patch by patch..

FrozenTurtle
01-25-14, 01:49 PM
Some train costs and build times were changed in an effort to help balance certain attacking strategies. While costs and times may have changed, please know that combat effectiveness was not changed. Please continue providing constructive feedback so we can make the appropriate changes. Thanks!

ngoc11906
01-25-14, 07:17 PM
Some train costs and build times were changed in an effort to help balance certain attacking strategies. While costs and times may have changed, please know that combat effectiveness was not changed. Please continue providing constructive feedback so we can make the appropriate changes. Thanks!
It's not fair, why is the costs of my troops to train increase. while others do not increase

gfbnm
01-25-14, 07:23 PM
Shame the effectiveness has not improved. Feels like a ripoff paying more for nothing.

Have you fixed the health hack in this update?

Dolce_Bella
01-25-14, 07:30 PM

You are balancing certain attacking strategies? What I see is that the increased troop cost benefits those who are willing to spend gems on stones. The rest of the players (those who don't spend cash on gems for stones) either have to stay online 24/7 to collect and protect stones or be destroyed repeatedly by paying players. How is a player supposed to build up 12m stones to upgrade a post if their most effective troops require such outrageous amounts to train? Is this a switch to make only paying players successful?

popeepopee
01-26-14, 01:43 AM

seriously what nonsense is this? there are people who use the same strategies, but their cost remain the same.

melanthia
01-26-14, 02:28 AM

That's such a diplomatic reply..why didn't u refer to the fact that changes haven't been applied to everyone? What r u gonna do about it? Will there be a compensation to the rest if us that already pay x3 to make an army while the rest pay old prices? The spellstone difference is huge to let it go.. Please respond accordingly and stop playing games with our intelligence..

rafifarm
01-26-14, 06:11 AM

LOL

I can't win. I lose 122 crowns:mad:

i have now 400 blue stones
thx for this .

And you make this new rule not for all:mad::mad::mad::mad:

penqueen2
01-26-14, 08:00 AM
For those who they picked out to raise these costs up to the point that makes the game unplayable, it is wrong. I will NOT BUY ANY MORE GEMS for any of my accounts! I use 57 air ships which now cost 12,800 each or 729,600 total. I never get 729k in a raid so every battle will cost gems (real money). Dragons 100,000, knights 50,000. I believe this is they they are trying to do. It was fun while it lasted!

Dolce_Bella
01-26-14, 08:17 AM

Why concern yourselves with battle strategy? Battle strategy should be the player option. If a player upgrades air defenses, the airship strategy will fail.

All that this will do is encourage more farming rather than entice players to win more crowns. Couple that with the fact that not all players pay the same price for troops, you have created a serious un-balance in the game.

lam1973
01-26-14, 08:36 AM
Why is there a distinction between each player on the time and price when buying military . That is not fair!

theube
01-26-14, 12:51 PM
So far I've lost all matches without airships. I guess my strategy will be to quit. Shame game was fun.

penqueen2
01-26-14, 02:27 PM
So far I've lost all matches without airships. I guess my strategy will be to quit. Shame game was fun.

Same here, lost every match without air ships or knights or dragons. Looks like it's quitting time. No spell stones to even make alliance donations. It' s no fun now.

kwhales
01-26-14, 03:03 PM
I am curious to know that if i change my strategy to use these higher prices troops, will my costs go up too? Yes i am one who hasn't seen an increase. Yet.

Sumercarefree
01-27-14, 12:32 AM
I used to get attacked by 12 Knights for a few stones. I wonder how they can afford ha ha !
Now it will cost them 480,000 stones !
Keep costs high and I have no more attackers .
Only problem I can no longer upgrade my units as I cant save enough stones !

Sumercarefree
01-27-14, 12:34 AM
I am curious to know that if i change my strategy to use these higher prices troops, will my costs go up too? Yes i am one who hasn't seen an increase. Yet.

No change in costs for you ? good.
Normally Bears and Archers and Demo guy is pretty common. Cheap and effective.

But I understand different accounts have different training times too !

Sumercarefree
01-27-14, 12:36 AM
For those who they picked out to raise these costs up to the point that makes the game unplayable, it is wrong. I will NOT BUY ANY MORE GEMS for any of my accounts! I use 57 air ships which now cost 12,800 each or 729,600 total. I never get 729k in a raid so every battle will cost gems (real money). Dragons 100,000, knights 50,000. I believe this is they they are trying to do. It was fun while it lasted!

My Dragons are 90,000 each and Knights 40,000 ! Training time half and hour and 15 mins respectively.
Why the difference ?

Sumercarefree
01-27-14, 12:40 AM
Airships - Luckily my Buddy's Airships still costs 3,400 stones each ! Mine is 9000 each ( both same level).
I will ask him to take full advantage and whack everyone .

bjslagt
01-27-14, 01:24 AM
I'm still wondering.... Why is the price change not for all players? What is the trigger for the price change?

An alliance partner of mine, is playing with two kingdoms... one on iPad, the other on iPhone... his iPhone one still has the cheap prices... the iPad one is expensive...
Same strategies?.. same prices?

Cheers,
brinchland

theube
01-27-14, 02:47 AM

The best constructive criticism would be to say the increasing Lvl 3 airships to 9000 has effectively removed them as an option. There's no point even having airship listed if they are beyond economical use. Even the white wizard is too expensive to use in support of bears so might as well remove it too.

liscke
01-27-14, 04:57 AM
The best constructive criticism would be to say the increasing Lvl 3 airships to 9000 has effectively removed them as an option. There's no point even having airship listed if they are beyond economical use. Even the white wizard is too expensive to use in support of bears so might as well remove it too.

I totally agree, no point having troops that are rendered useless for the average player. Problem is, they are not catering to the average player, they are catering to the gemmers. It's a shortsighted approach. With less people being able to compete for crowns, the already lean pickings up the rankings will be nearly non existent, so those players currently happy to buy their way there will be far less inclined to do so.

bjslagt
01-27-14, 06:28 AM
Maybe get an option to build 'lower lvl, than maximum' troops???

Example:
So even though I have promoted my airships to level 3... I opt to build the lvl 2 airships???

Brinchland

penqueen2
01-27-14, 07:20 AM
What triggers this 3x cost increase that will **** an account? If it's crowns, can I go back down in crowns and get back normal costs & have fun again? If so what level do I need to go down to? If this is permanent let me know so I can just delete the game?

redrockstar
01-27-14, 09:58 AM
How do you explain how some players have time changes while other have increased prices? How is that fair? If level 2 knights are 50k now, using 12 would be 600k alone per match. There's no way you can gain 600k Spellstone every single match. We want answers.

ronnieleer
01-27-14, 10:35 AM
1213712138 how do you explain this? My level 8 barrack should have been upgraded to a lvl 9 yesterday and my level 7 to 8 should be done in two hrs but not it's going to take 7 days??? Anyone else having this issue

Sumercarefree
01-27-14, 06:25 PM
1213712138 how do you explain this? My level 8 barrack should have been upgraded to a lvl 9 yesterday and my level 7 to 8 should be done in two hrs but not it's going to take 7 days??? Anyone else having this issue

I hope this does not happen to me too.
My L8 Barracks will be L9 in another day. (one day and three hours to go).

Sumercarefree
01-27-14, 06:27 PM
How do you explain how some players have time changes while other have increased prices? How is that fair? If level 2 knights are 50k now, using 12 would be 600k alone per match. There's no way you can gain 600k Spellstone every single match. We want answers.

I know Im never gonna use airships, knights and dragons. All cost too much !
Maybe I will use a couple of Airships only.

Fortunately the Flaming Towers are quite effective against most air attacks !

Sumercarefree
01-27-14, 06:29 PM
I'm still wondering.... Why is the price change not for all players? What is the trigger for the price change?

An alliance partner of mine, is playing with two kingdoms... one on iPad, the other on iPhone... his iPhone one still has the cheap prices... the iPad one is expensive...
Same strategies?.. same prices?

Cheers,
brinchland

I guess it is all random, perhaps to make war unequal so that there will be more fun :)
( for the lucky ones)

FrozenTurtle
01-27-14, 08:03 PM

We located a specific issue that occurred on your account and that should be resolved. Sorry about that!

syllrag
01-27-14, 08:43 PM
It seems that the training cost and time changes is intended that way and is permanent.

syllrag
01-27-14, 09:25 PM
Btw, so Mossad is forgiven? Since he's back in the game.

xzm828288
01-28-14, 04:13 AM
The training time of bear is wrong.Help me please.
Dear developer
I found a problem in my game. Most players in my alliance told me that the training time of bear had been reduced to 1 minute. But mine is still 2 minutes. My role name is 苍天帝国,and it also happens to a friend of mine,his role name is 月圣使者. Please help us modify it. I really appreciate it.

lam1973
01-28-14, 12:25 PM
Every game should be fair to the players. But this game is no justice there. Here is a big disappointment��

ngoc11906
01-28-14, 05:05 PM
Every game should be fair to the players. But this game is no justice there. Here is a big disappointment��

I also think that, if there are any changes, they must apply to all the players, not each players is different application. recommend you please correct this error as soon as possible.
Thanks

Sumercarefree
01-28-14, 06:16 PM
In some Accounts, Knights are only 10 mins Training and cost 12,000 stones.
Mine costs 40,000 stones and 15 mins training. so it is pointless for me to upgrade Barracks anymore, not much advantage.

The worst is my Dragons 90,000 stones and half hour Training. Dragons need more work as they are ineffective as yet.

Luckily my Bears are 4,000 stones and 1 min Training. If the price for this had been raised for me I would have to stop playing till adjustments made again.

Alternatively delete the whole game and restart under a new account ! Better in the long run.

redrockstar
01-28-14, 08:25 PM
Well, what's the status about this ridiculous "luck of the draw" style update, Frozen?

gandalf72
01-28-14, 10:22 PM

But why am I paying more than other members to train the same troop? How is that remotely fair? Who chooses which players get the shaft? This can't be planned. Seriously?

syllrag
01-29-14, 12:03 AM
It is still unsure how they pick who get a higher or longer troops training cost and time. Level, RH level, crown level and barrack level don't seem to be the case.

lam1973
01-30-14, 12:07 AM
I'll be the first to leave this game to protest the lack of change in the draw. Hope you will experience in the next upgrade.i'm L?m xung from alliance T?i❤️Vietnam

teogionia
01-30-14, 03:59 AM
If FM would like to hear my constructive feedback here it is, developers are supposed to make game better not worse, make new content worth spanding gems on, make game funnier, draw in more players. If u like us try out new strategy give us new troops, weapons, new res new spell shops and ecetra. This new costs entirely removes heavy artilery from my army, which means i will never be able to reach top, or attack well defended kingdoms. There is no option for me in this game but go offline and wait others fail on me, thank u for healing me from KC addiction

redrockstar
01-30-14, 04:59 AM
Exactly. There is NO way to reach the top now. There is no way you'll get over 600k in spellstones every match therefore if they don't fix this I might as well delete the game now. Ridiculous.

syllrag
01-30-14, 05:06 AM
If FM would like to hear my constructive feedback here it is, developers are supposed to make game better not worse, make new content worth spanding gems on, make game funnier, draw in more players. If u like us try out new strategy give us new troops, weapons, new res new spell shops and ecetra. This new costs entirely removes heavy artilery from my army, which means i will never be able to reach top, or attack well defended kingdoms. There is no option for me in this game but go offline and wait others fail on me, thank u for healing me from KC addiction

The champion's altar has forever been there in the wish list. Bugs are released faster than new features. I feel.. that the game is dying. Maybe they are trying to squish out the player's pocket before closing it down. cross my fingers x

redrockstar
01-30-14, 01:36 PM
The game is definitely dying. I've been playing since September and since then there's only been 1 new troop with every other "update" being additional bugs, price changes, or time changes. Zero progress.

jackansi
01-30-14, 10:19 PM
Don't just threaten to quit the game, do it. Otherwise shut up.

theube
01-31-14, 05:12 PM
It has been over one week and my alliance mates have not had the same increase in costs. Why??? Am I a test case to see what I do? If so, you'll see my raiding has gone from 3 hrs a night to three hrs this whole week. I can't compete with others that don't pay the same costs.

liscke
02-01-14, 12:45 AM
It has been over one week and my alliance mates have not had the same increase in costs. Why??? Am I a test case to see what I do? If so, you'll see my raiding has gone from 3 hrs a night to three hrs this whole week. I can't compete with others that don't pay the same costs.

Interesting test case if nothing else... See? I can say something positive. I'm one of the 'lucky' ones who didnt get hit with a price increase - instead i got hit with a training time increase. The net result is the same - i no longer raid. Over an hour training time is unacceptable. Couple this with the genius troop downgrades and you get the typical SNAFU but this time taken to a whole new level.

meyoume
02-04-14, 10:01 PM
i hadnt noticed this but seeing someone has to spend 90k for a dragon....i checked mine are only 30 k
this is not fair at all.........if i win , i want it to be on a FAIR PLAYING FEILD. I can think of zero reason why some should be paying more or having to wait longer than others. if we are all equal then wins are based on s****....now that would be a fair fight someone could be proud of winning.....................

Claytongordon
02-05-14, 03:44 AM
hi frozen turtle,
The combat effectiveness has been changed. I keep troop stats recorded and there was a change to airships bears and knights both in hp and damage. knights hp was reduced by about 1080 and over 160 dam was removed from them

syllrag
02-05-14, 04:35 AM
hi frozen turtle,
The combat effectiveness has been changed. I keep troop stats recorded and there was a change to airships bears and knights both in hp and damage. knights hp was reduced by about 1080 and over 160 dam was removed from them

Here is the update note:
http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?64790-Patch-Notes-January-30-2014

yenminh2
02-05-14, 01:33 PM
I agree, this game management is a disgrace. Treating paying customers unfairly. I was about to buy some more gems for additional workshed. Luckily I have and will not spend another dime unless they start fixing this. Just like in dragon story, used to spend money very month but haven done so in 6 months. All these stupid changes just encourage me more to are farming.

FrozenTurtle
02-05-14, 02:03 PM
hi frozen turtle,

As syllrag pointed out, the combat effective was part of a separate change. Please continue providing feedback. I have been sharing your concerns with the team to discuss for future updates. Thanks again! :)

Sumercarefree
02-05-14, 06:12 PM
As syllrag pointed out, the combat effective was part of a separate change. Please continue providing feedback. I have been sharing your concerns with the team to discuss for future updates. Thanks again! :)

Good.
I realise it is pointless for me to upgrade the Barracks as both my Higher lvl units are overpriced. Knights and Dragons.
Dragons need plenty of work as it is not effective, any way I cant be paying 90,000 stones for it. :)
I was using Bears but not it is only a good shield, cause if I use too many I will definitely lose.
Airships cost too high for me, so will not upgrade it further. So Air Battles are not for me.

Ice Wizard, Mr. Freeze keeps dying, so will not use it. Summoners has been a waste of time.
My Maze is overpriced.

So I have to use common units to Fight.
Archers and Demo guys are good luckily.

Sumercarefree
02-05-14, 06:16 PM
i hadnt noticed this but seeing someone has to spend 90k for a dragon....i checked mine are only 30 k
this is not fair at all.........if i win , i want it to be on a FAIR PLAYING FEILD. I can think of zero reason why some should be paying more or having to wait longer than others. if we are all equal then wins are based on s****....now that would be a fair fight someone could be proud of winning.....................

Dear Friend,

Make Hay while the sun shines. The game is still evolving and will keep changing.
I was having fun with Airships until it was 9000 for a lvl 3 Airship.
Then I switched to Bears, but now they cant bite.
I may have to upgrade my Warriors after the Armory is done.

I even missed out on the 500 free gems for reaching 1500 crowns ha ha.
But Life is never fair.

teogionia
02-08-14, 02:11 PM
Thank u for giving me back the original prices. So glad i can play this game again

Sumercarefree
02-09-14, 08:38 PM
Thank u for giving me back the original prices. So glad i can play this game again

Prices are back, but the power cut is still on. :)

Price for Demo guy is up slightly.