PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story: A Look Into February

Aggwynn
01-24-14, 06:30 PM
Hey All,

We haven't been giving many sneak peaks lately, so here's a small glimpse into our plans for February!

1) Valentine's Day Festivities!
-We are not going to re-release last year's V-Day version of the game, instead, we will release a variety of limited V-Day items for purchase

-Limited V-Day items also has a chance of dropping from any of the main Adventures

-While studying about the Realm with Old Thomas, you stumble upon a page that looks stained with strawberry juice. But Old Thomas swears he wasn't feeding his sweet tooth over his books! The page was colored on purpose and it's about the fabled ____ _______! :eek:

-We heard the Baron has been collecting weird seeds and creepy plant life. He says it's a gift to ____ ________. Just what is he up to??! :eek:

2) Other Things
-Mermaid Pond!
-Something Awesomely Blue, Times Two!
-Raising Max Level!

3) Continuing the Core Storyline!
-To our elder players, thank you for playing Castle Story! Once the level cap is raised, we are going to continue on with the core storyline!
-This will be a 3 Week installment like the Lady Greselda Questline

Stay tuned for next week =) Happy Friday All!
-Aggwynn and Glimmergate

MiniLaura
01-24-14, 06:33 PM
Yay! I can't wait!

edit(KP)

While our game system doesn't support giving energy when we raise everyone's levels, we'll be doing something special for those of you who jump levels and miss out on level-up energy bonuses :)

eepopp
01-24-14, 06:33 PM
I can't wait! SWEET!!

I will be spending the next week going into stockpile overdrive!

I'm very excited! Thank you for the preview!

Mylly2
01-24-14, 07:14 PM
Sounds great, thank you.

cloudsail
01-24-14, 07:14 PM
The Baron thing creeps me out, lol.

Can't wait!

rabsos
01-24-14, 08:21 PM
Yay I can't wait!!!!! What do you mean a 3 week installment like lady Greselda???

vednir
01-24-14, 08:22 PM
For purchase: looks like a lot of gem-only limited time items.

moon331
01-24-14, 08:25 PM
So no love shack? I feel very disappointed... :(

Petasos
01-24-14, 09:04 PM
So no love shack? I feel very disappointed... :(

I do as well...

Anaboe
01-24-14, 09:16 PM
Realy too bad that we can't buy last years Valentines items. I didn't play back then, and I heard they were pretty good.....

faeriedust
01-24-14, 09:37 PM
we will release a variety of limited V-Day items for purchase
Limited V-Day items also has a chance of dropping from any of the main Adventures

Realy too bad that we can't buy last years Valentines items. I didn't play back then, and I heard they were pretty good.....

I guess that would mean Alicorn? Im not familiar with what was available from Valentines edition.
Does that mean valentines trees and flowers? I would like to get some valentines decorations.
Wouldn't "we will release a variety of limited V-Day items for purchase" mean that you can buy some of the good stuff?

nasha86
01-24-14, 09:55 PM
Wow, the best sneak peak ever. Thanks TL for the max level and core storyline 😁

passinthru8
01-24-14, 10:42 PM
Would be nice to sell or trade in all the Kissing Dust, Love Stones, etc. that I was gifted the first few months playing. I didn't know any better than accept them. Why were they still in items to Gift??

caiaxoxo
01-24-14, 11:50 PM
Yay mermaid pond!!! And raising the cap! Thank you TL for listening to us :)

infinitelove19
01-25-14, 12:04 AM
Does having higher levels mean we will have more than 40 energy at maximum???
I sure hope so! :-)

onemansmiracle
01-25-14, 01:03 AM
I am so excited!! There are a lot of goodies coming ;)

Castloninian
01-25-14, 01:03 AM
Woohoo, really looking forward to this. Thank you!

SpiritWind00
01-25-14, 02:08 AM
This sounds awesome and I like storylines that take at least a week to complete. thank you TL, I will let my neighbours know too. Can't wait! I look forward to waking up on Friday mornings and seeing the weekly update. Now, does anyone know how to make time go faster so we can get to this next release! Woohoo!

rosym47
01-25-14, 03:38 AM
Oh my! A mermaid pond and something will come out of the cold water that will need warming up. I'm stocking up on wool for blankets, peppers for a hot dish and everything else because I haven't a clue. I would like a blue dragon to give me scales because they seem to be rare for me.

manu90ela
01-25-14, 03:40 AM
:(
No.... :( I've been so looking forward to the valentines edition... Again no love shack for me... :(

manu90ela
01-25-14, 03:43 AM
But on the other hand.... a mermaid pond :) and level raising....

Jaeron_Q
01-25-14, 04:34 AM
But on the other hand.... a mermaid pond :) and level raising....

I AGREE, the two most exciting things! February, I wasn't looking forward to you, but now I am.

m1stery
01-25-14, 06:54 AM
Hey All,

We haven't been giving many sneak peaks lately, so here's a small glimpse into our plans for February!

1) Valentine's Day Festivities!
-We are not going to re-release last year's V-Day version of the game, instead, we will release a variety of limited V-Day items for purchase

-Limited V-Day items also has a chance of dropping from any of the main Adventures

I hope this means we will be able to buy Love Shack and FINALLY craft the Alicorn!!! :D
I also hope that Love Shack will NOT be gem building!

-While studying about the Realm with Old Thomas, you stumble upon a page that looks stained with strawberry juice. But Old Thomas swears he wasn't feeding his sweet tooth over his books! The page was colored on purpose and it's about the fabled ____ _______! :eek:

-We heard the Baron has been collecting weird seeds and creepy plant life. He says it's a gift to ____ ________. Just what is he up to??! :eek:

Are the blank spaces supposed to be Lady Greselda?!?

2) Other Things
-Mermaid Pond!
-Something Awesomely Blue, Times Two!
-Raising Max Level!

Finally the Mermaid Pond!!! Thank you!!!! :D

3) Continuing the Core Storyline!
-To our elder players, thank you for playing Castle Story! Once the level cap is raised, we are going to continue on with the core storyline!
-This will be a 3 Week installment like the Lady Greselda Questline

Can't wait! :)

Liloze
01-25-14, 08:27 AM
Raising levels yaaay thank you TL :) I have a question though, will you take into account the accumulated experience points or not ?! thank again cannot wait!

bowlfullofcherries
01-25-14, 08:39 AM
So much in store just around the corner. Looking forward to it. :)

Triple_K
01-25-14, 08:46 AM
Wow sounds exciting! Especially the part about raising the cap level and introducing a new storyline :)
Mermaid pond ...yes :)
Also, can we please have some more expansions.

jimboser
01-25-14, 09:24 AM
I hope this means we will be able to buy Love Shack and FINALLY craft the Alicorn!!! :D
I also hope that Love Shack will NOT be gem building!

If I recall correctly, originally the Love Shack was made available after a particular quest was completed and was zero coins, like Thomas' house and others. Still had to be built with various parts. I would hope that if this reappeared, it would have the same quest line recycled for those that don't have it yet.

My wife has just started playing (finally) and I thing she would really love playing through that old quest line and doing all the pink plants from the shack.

my607
01-25-14, 09:25 AM
Thank you TL I'm so excited. Thanks for listening about the mermaid pond. I can't wait now.

fiberterian
01-25-14, 10:40 AM
I've been loving all the recent quests but these sound even more exciting. I'm really looking forward to the mermaid pond, that sounds cool!

oliverrr11
01-25-14, 10:59 AM
Hi Aggwynn and Glimmergate and all-

Thank You and I think I figured out your hints...

-While studying about the Realm with Old Thomas, you stumble upon a page that looks stained with strawberry juice. But Old Thomas swears he wasn't feeding his sweet tooth over his books! The page was colored on purpose and it's about the fabled New Expansions!
And ....

-We heard the Baron has been collecting weird seeds and creepy plant life. He says it's a gift to Expand Kingdom. Just what is he up to??!

Can't wait! Thanks again!

vednir
01-25-14, 11:23 AM
It'll be interesting to see how they will handle those that "skip" levels. Will you get each of the energy refills for gaining a level? Getting 200+ energy all at the same time isn't as handy as getting 40 energy spaced out over time.

GoodyTwoShoes2
01-25-14, 11:24 AM
Will those of us who are newer to the game still be eligible to do the Valentine Special events and get the limited time Valentine items? Love this Game!

wassupbaby
01-25-14, 03:06 PM
It'll be interesting to see how they will handle those that "skip" levels. Will you get each of the energy refills for gaining a level? Getting 200+ energy all at the same time isn't as handy as getting 40 energy spaced out over time.
sure , but it seems like it's the only way ....

jptheripper
01-25-14, 05:04 PM
im fine with just setting us at the new level and getting rewards going forward.

I do hope there is a way for newer players to get the love shack.

And a mermaid pond is AWESOME. one of my toughest resources. And blue.. maybe ice dragon??????

jimboser
01-25-14, 05:04 PM

One way around would be to increase the max level 1 at a time every 1-2 days, until the new max level is reached. Soften the blow a bit.

jptheripper
01-25-14, 05:09 PM
soften what blow? its a free gift

ytalia
01-25-14, 07:43 PM
So, in other words.... All those amazing valentine items will be for those able to pay for gems??? If so, I'll be very sad and disappointed :(

Galadraal
01-25-14, 07:52 PM
Sounds really cool; I'm really enjoying the different story lines

kooky panda
01-25-14, 08:09 PM
Raising levels yaaay thank you TL :) I have a question though, will you take into account the accumulated experience points or not ?! thank again cannot wait!

When TL increases the cap level, you will automatically jump to the level associated with your current Xps points.
It is cool to say go from level 30 to 40 when you neighbors only go up a few levels(since you have more xp points) but you are correct that you will not get the energy refills for the levels that you skip.

Queenzod
01-25-14, 08:17 PM
When TL increases the cap level, you will automatically jump to the level associated with your current Xps points.
It is cool to say go from level 30 to 40 when you neighbors only go up a few levels(since you have more xp points) but you are correct that you will not get the energy refills for the levels that you skip.

I gotta say, that kind of...bites. So we only get one energy refill? All those months and months of work, and we get one refill? 40 energy?

Tell me you're joking.

BriarAvenue
01-25-14, 08:37 PM
I gotta say, that kind of...bites. So we only get one energy refill? All those months and months of work, and we get one refill? 40 energy?

Tell me you're joking.

Agree. We add our XP points through our work. It's not our fault to skip the levels all a sudden.
Why shouldn't we get the additional energy just like the new comers when they gradually attain the same levels?
Not to say it's a kind of reward for our long support.

If increasing the energy limit is a problem,
(which I believe not, as the energy level can exceed the 40 limit if we collect extra energy from advantage etc)
TL can add a temporary storing the total which we each qualify, and then as soon as we use up the regular limit,
the energy will automatically pumped up to 40, until the temp counter depletes completely.

Actually even doing so, it will still work against us, as we will lose the regular energy increment if we let it stands at 40
E.g. During the night.

ApexErst
01-25-14, 09:51 PM

Dear TL,
I'm really hoping that you choose to reward loyalty and implement leveling energy refills as a goal.
I understand that normal leveling was not coded as a goal, however, you've backed yourself into a corner and must do a little duct-tape coding.
Considering that you have already proven that you can reward energy as a goal, this should be fairly simple.

if (currentLevel >= 30) {
if (energyRefillGoalExists == false) {
// Create 'Energy Refill' Goal
// This goal will be similar to the energy received from 'Sweepstakes: Thank you for participating!'
} else {
// Append Level X to 'Energy Refill' goal chain
// Obvious naming convention: 'Level 31 Refill' -> 'Level 32 Refill' -> 'Level 33 Refill' ...
}
} else {
// proceed as normal
// this is for players under level 30
}

While this may not be pretty, it can also be slowly erased if need be with only a few more checks.
Place an expiration on each refill in the chain, say 2 days.
Find the player who jumped the most levels, say maxLevelsJumped = 30, therefore after 60 days(2 * 30), you can just get rid of the additional code altogether.
Use if (currentLevel >= 30 && playerStartDate <= 20140130) so that no new players have goals created but instead get leveling energy refills as normal.

It may be slightly more work, but I'm sure that the long time players would be greatly appreciative.

Because I have not seen your source code, I'm sure that I've missed a few things, but I still think temp goals will definitely work.

FYI for non programmers - 20140130 is YYYYMMDD format Jan. 30, 2014 which is a Thursday(update day).

rosym47
01-26-14, 05:22 AM
I am prepared to wait and see what happens because I just want this game to be fun to play. I know I will go up levels and I have had the light flash at least twice while being at level 30.
But the increases in energy are not so much of a problem for me as I have two wizard schools and four alicorn, plus Sir Piggy gives me 30 energy sometimes.

echowuuu
01-26-14, 05:53 AM
I suspect there will be an update to the expansion?

Also will the exp be calculated in accordance with the other thread?

jim23cash
01-26-14, 06:06 AM
Yay! I'm excited! Thanks TL!!

farmerted7
01-26-14, 06:19 AM
Bump what Apexerst wrote.

I would like a goal that I can collect energy from, and have it renew for each level I've been skipped.

Katrien01
01-26-14, 07:25 AM
Thanks for the update!!! But I'm verry dissapointed and sad about that fact that there won't be a valentine update like last year ������ Although can't wait for new goals because I'm out of goals for a while now!!

jptheripper
01-26-14, 09:02 AM

Tell me you're joking.

Let's just be grateful the are raising the cap

BriarAvenue
01-26-14, 11:35 AM
If giving all the legitimately earned energy is too much a hustle,
another alternative can be giving those already capped at lvl 30 gems.
5 gems per level, which I think is reasonable, n more useful for us than energy pump all a sudden.

BriarAvenue
01-26-14, 11:39 AM
Let's just be grateful the are raising the cap

Why degrading ourselves for something that should be the case in the first place?
Other TL games hv levels beyond 30. It's not a question of can or cannot, but just do and don't.

Castloninian
01-26-14, 11:50 AM
You know, it would be/have been nice if the max level was raised gradually, so everyone does still get those extra energy bumps but hey, does it really matter? I know lower level players will have those extra bumps of energy but have we (long-term level 30 players) not had the advantage all along, particularly doing the timed quests? Life isn't fair, this game doesn't need to be fair, sp let's just enjoy what we do get?

cloudsail
01-26-14, 12:56 PM
I don't really understand why people constantly demand more expansions. I have every building except for the royal manor and the barracks. I have two of all the crafting and resource buildings. I don't really see the need to have multiples of other buildings unless they are needed for a quest, so I put them into storage as soon as the quest completes. I wouldn't collect from them if I had them out anyway. (An exception is the windmill, of which I have three.) I have a ton of animals, and the valentines stuff too. I have a lot of decorations too. Nothing in my kingdom is jammed together and everything is nicely spaced out. Yet I still have lots of spaces I haven't expanded to yet. What do you all have that you need so much space?

jptheripper
01-26-14, 02:21 PM
Why degrading ourselves for something that should be the case in the first place?
Other TL games hv levels beyond 30. It's not a question of can or cannot, but just do and don't.

It's not degrading, there is not "should be". There is no entitlement, it's just a game, enjoy the upgrade of levels

cad33
01-26-14, 04:15 PM
The oldest players have had the chance to do all the quests.
The newest players have the easiest time (Sap trees, Wizard schools, soon a mermaid pond).
It's the in-between players (like myself) that have had the hardest time.

It's a game. It's suppose to be fun. And as long as I'm still enjoying myself, I'm still playing - even if I had a bigger challenge then most. Thanks for the updates! Cannot wait for the next one... I finally caught all the way up and have no quests.

labsandboxers
01-26-14, 09:29 PM
This in response to cloud sail. I only have two buildings that are doubled. I need more space to expand because I don't want to drastically change my kingdom that I have worked on for a year. I designed mine more like a town. I am sure we will be adding more building in the future and I have already compromised my design for the holiday additions. Most of us need the space and to probably deplete our collection of lantern. I've be maxed for a while. Come visit and leave a comment if you like.

HistoryGirl7
01-26-14, 11:21 PM
I think the blanks are mystic essence (since red) and the faires since maybe baron wants to lure them away. Bummed about vday edition but really hoping some items are coin

shellandtrev
01-27-14, 12:21 AM
I don't really understand why people constantly demand more expansions. I have every building except for the royal manor and the barracks. I have two of all the crafting and resource buildings. I don't really see the need to have multiples of other buildings unless they are needed for a quest, so I put them into storage as soon as the quest completes. I wouldn't collect from them if I had them out anyway. (An exception is the windmill, of which I have three.) I have a ton of animals, and the valentines stuff too. I have a lot of decorations too. Nothing in my kingdom is jammed together and everything is nicely spaced out. Yet I still have lots of spaces I haven't expanded to yet. What do you all have that you need so much space?

I agree completely and I have every building released. I too don't see the point in having multiple buildings out unless an update requires them. The only multiples I have are resource eg mines stables etc. crafting - kitchen, potion shop etc. and wizard school as the extra energy is a must feel free to stop by and say hello

Queenzod
01-27-14, 12:45 AM
I have enough room for what I want to put out, building wise, but I am absolutely drowning in earth wisps. I'm constantly maxed on lumin essence and lanterns. It would be nice to have more expansions just to get rid of some of these! I'd even love to have some kind of giant lighthouse that takes 1000 wisps that we can work towards, just to get rid of them.

naturalnana
01-27-14, 02:53 AM
Thanks for the sneak peek :-D

maguar
01-27-14, 04:25 AM

From another thread

We hear that The Baron is quite smitten with Lady Greselda :O could it be true??

Liloze
01-27-14, 06:55 AM

Well I guess that is reasonable, though it is sad we won't get energy, still awesome news:)thanks :D

avidbeader
01-27-14, 07:40 AM

Will the level cap be raised enough so that those of us that have been at lvl 30 for a long time won't be maxed out again with the update. If TL only raises the cap to 40 and the exp. needed per level is close to what is posted in the other thread about what lvl you would be at, I would be maxed out again. I hope you can understand what I'm trying to say.

Petasos
01-27-14, 08:16 AM
Will the level cap be raised enough so that those of us that have been at lvl 30 for a long time won't be maxed out again with the update. If TL only raises the cap to 40 and the exp. needed per level is close to what is posted in the other thread about what lvl you would be at, I would be maxed out again. I hope you can understand what I'm trying to say.

My guess is that is exactly what will happen. If you jump to 40 then you will be maxed again at lvl 40. No real change except a 4 instead of a 3. You will also likely see your max walls and building raise and possibly energy. So there may be other things that benefit you, we will have to wait and see. My guess is most of us just like to play the game and do not really care about the level we are. it is nice to see the the change but in the end it is really not a factor, except for the benefit of being that level.

glimmergate
01-27-14, 11:13 AM
While our game system doesn't support giving energy when we raise everyone's levels, we'll be doing something special for those of you who jump levels and miss out on level-up energy bonuses :)

midnightmeerkat
01-27-14, 11:37 AM

Yay!! Tyvm!

Also I can understand why you won't be running the valentines quests again this year (those of us who already did it last year would complain that there was nothing in valentines for us). But will one of the items available for purchase be a love shack? and if it is once you have it will the alicorn parts then drop from adventures? A lot of people who started playing after last valentines hear about the alicorn and loveshack and would love a chance to get them.

Queenzod
01-27-14, 11:39 AM

Thank you very much! This is appreciated!

dizzy7373
01-27-14, 12:20 PM

I'm not fussed by missing out on the energy refills, despite having 2 of each craft building, 2 of each resource building and 51 plots of land, 40 energy and a wizard school are enough for me to plod along with.

Thanks for thinking of us, will this be a one time thing? or will all levels up to the new cap be given the reward as it is reached?
In other words, I am estimated to be around level 45 according to the ready reckoner, so if the new cap is 50, I will get the bonus for getting to 45, will someone else who hits the 50 get a better bonus? and will I accumulate those bonuses as I get to 50, or is it the same bonus for everyone regardless of how many levels they jump?

I would suggest that all Thursday content is released with a new level, so lets say this Thursdays release is just for people on level 30, then next Thursday is released with level 31, and it is only available to those on level 31.
Anyone on a lower level has more than enough quests to work on, and it will stop the current issue of having a level cap that has been in place for months.
The rewards for these new quests will need to have a significant jump in Xp reward though, gaining 9 xp is a bit pathetic for the amount of work that has gone into achieving the quest

glimmergate
01-27-14, 01:51 PM
Yay!! Tyvm!

Also I can understand why you won't be running the valentines quests again this year (those of us who already did it last year would complain that there was nothing in valentines for us). But will one of the items available for purchase be a love shack? and if it is once you have it will the alicorn parts then drop from adventures? A lot of people who started playing after last valentines hear about the alicorn and loveshack and would love a chance to get them.

I actually worked on last year's valentines event, and unfortunately when we made it, it really was built to be a one time thing. Bringing it back would take more time than we have, and would be VERY, VERY risky because of the way everything is set up.

We do have some fun stuff planned ahead, including a really cool valentine questline, and unlike this time last year, we're able to focus on getting quality content out every week.

marse66
01-27-14, 01:52 PM
Silly question but since Thursday is still January, are we getting the February goals this Thursday?

amerirish
01-27-14, 02:02 PM
I've only been playing for about 3 months so I would like to see old content that I missed, however, all of these sneak peeks have me very excited! I can't wait to see what they are/what we'll get so THANKS TL ;)

jimboser
01-27-14, 02:10 PM
I actually worked on last year's valentines event, and unfortunately when we made it, it really was built to be a one time thing. Bringing it back would take more time than we have, and would be VERY, VERY risky because of the way everything is set up.

That's definitely understandable, and I know that a number of other games have had holiday editions, but really it seems better to just add such content to the game as a whole, rather than a separate app.

That said, I think a lot of folks would really like to know if the Love Shack is making a return for those that missed it last time. It would seem to be an easy thing since that's already in the game for many players already. The LS hasn't been ruled out from anything I've seen, but hasn't been specifically confirmed either...

glimmergate
01-27-14, 02:27 PM
That's definitely understandable, and I know that a number of other games have had holiday editions, but really it seems better to just add such content to the game as a whole, rather than a separate app.

That said, I think a lot of folks would really like to know if the Love Shack is making a return for those that missed it last time. It would seem to be an easy thing since that's already in the game for many players already. The LS hasn't been ruled out from anything I've seen, but hasn't been specifically confirmed either...

The Love Shack won't be making a comeback.. not this year, anyways.

The Valentine event last year had these unique Valentine items dropping off almost every item in the game. When we turned it off, we decided we wanted everyone who was partially through the quests to be able to continue them, even though we were turning off the loot. So we actually made huge modifications to the event so that it would remain on for players after expiration, and moved a lot of the items into the Love Shack so they'd be permanently accessible.

Undoing all of that would leave us without enough time to create new Valentine content for our players.

Thanks everyone for your interest :)

jessicattt
01-27-14, 03:24 PM
Yay I'm really looking forward to all of this :) thank you!!

FigmentValley
01-27-14, 05:16 PM
I am looking forward to a continuation of the main story line. I don't need new space. I don't need more energy. I don't care about the level upgrade.

I would like the story to progress. But PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE - when you say "a three week" story line - please not make it limited time. Those are so not fun. I don't want to rush - I want something to do, something to play. Rushing through it limits the fun!

If you DO have to do a time limited goal - do it on some holiday theme. Just NOT on the main story line.....

midnightmeerkat
01-27-14, 05:32 PM
I am looking forward to a continuation of the main story line. I don't need new space. I don't need more energy. I don't care about the level upgrade.

I would like the story to progress. But PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE - when you say "a three week" story line - please not make it limited time. Those are so not fun. I don't want to rush - I want something to do, something to play. Rushing through it limits the fun!

If you DO have to do a time limited goal - do it on some holiday theme. Just NOT on the main story line.....

She said that it is 3 week instalments like lady griselda .... So it will be a 3 instalments released weekly not time limited .... If you are not up to it you will see them when you get to that part of the story

FigmentValley
01-27-14, 05:58 PM
Good. I have been playing since the beginning. I have everything. I've done everything. I am greedy. I want more. ;)

I just don't want to rush - I like to dawdle and draw it out.

FigmentValley
01-27-14, 06:00 PM
Oh. I also understand. Lack of commas...

Three, weekly installments. Not one update for 3 weeks. Got it. :)

moon331
01-27-14, 11:01 PM
Still disappointed with no vanlentine's version and no love shack. Only had an iOS since last May. Looking forward to this vanlentine's version for a long time. :( Some of my neighbors have many lovely pink stuffs, walls, trees, the shack...even fountains. I do coding every day and I know the most important reason for not bringing back wouldn't be the cost of modifications. They could simply make the love shack available to everyone, however, unlike the new things, these can't make to cost gems otherwise many players would complain...

Petasos
01-28-14, 07:19 AM
Still disappointed with no vanlentine's version and no love shack. Only had an iOS since last May. Looking forward to this vanlentine's version for a long time. :( Some of my neighbors have many lovely pink stuffs, walls, trees, the shack...even fountains. I do coding every day and I know the most important reason for not bringing back wouldn't be the cost of modifications. They could simply make the love shack available to everyone, however, unlike the new things, these can't make to cost gems otherwise many players would complain...

I think it is a pretty crappy situation when you give a small percentage of the population the ability to craft the most expensive gem animal in the game and then deny the rest of the populace that same opportunity. Meanwhile I continue to read threads about wings and horns and people arrogantly complaining about how they cannot get them to drop. At least you have the small chance! Not to mention the players with one or more alicorns for every day of the week on display when I visit my neighbors. So now after months of waiting TL says there is no love shack, which equals no crafted alicorn. What a terrible thing to do to players that have shown loyalty and waited for months only to be told that. And to then throw out a smokescreen about how hard the code would be. Pffffft!!! If only more people knew about coding, then they would be hearing "but then we would have to do some work and change some already built stuff a little".

Not a fan of this decision in case you did not notice. If TL is going to stand by this decision then they should remove the alicorn crafting ability from the game entirely. My two cents.

TastyCakeBakery
01-28-14, 07:52 AM
Will there be new expansions?

esmerelda35
01-28-14, 08:45 AM
Alicorn question - maybe not the right place in this thread, but since we're talking Valentines....
So I was around before Valentine's last year and did do the quests, and I currently have an alicorn horn, but not a wing.
I put my love shack away into storage awhile ago because I didn't use it for anything anymore and it was taking up space.
I know the alicorn parts are a very very very rare and random drop - but my question is whether I need to have my loveshack out in my kingdom to have any chance for the wing to drop? With it in storage does the game think I don't have that quest line and therefore it won't drop? Or has it just not dropped because it's a random rare drop and I can leave my loveshack in storage and still hope it'll drop some day?
Anyone know?
Thanks.

jptheripper
01-28-14, 09:01 AM
maybe alicorn crafting will be available in a new building, or maybe there will be another completely new animal. Lets give TL the benefit of the doubt, they have earned it with all the wonderful new features they have introduced lately

cityfan
01-28-14, 10:09 AM
These changes all sound awesome!! Thanks so much, you guys :)

my607
01-28-14, 10:52 AM
Love shack doesn't need to be in your kingdom. I had my horn for few months and today I finally got the wing. My love shack was in storage. I only have 2 Alicorns.

Petasos
01-28-14, 11:09 AM
I thought you crafted it in the love shack, once you gave the parts. If I am wrong I apologize, obviously I do not have either.

Petasos
01-28-14, 11:15 AM
"Love Shack - complete the Strangeness in the Air quest to unlock the shack. You can craft the new valentine items in here, including the alicorn. There are also two recipes that can be unlocked that allow you to craft random valentine plants and trees."

I copied that from last years valentines thread. You craft the alicorn in the love shack, is that not correct?

If it is then no love shack =no crafted Alicorn. Unless they change the crafting location, which they have not yet confirmed or denied.

esmerelda35
01-28-14, 11:48 AM
"Love Shack - complete the Strangeness in the Air quest to unlock the shack. You can craft the new valentine items in here, including the alicorn. There are also two recipes that can be unlocked that allow you to craft random valentine plants and trees."

I copied that from last years valentines thread. You craft the alicorn in the love shack, is that not correct?

If it is then no love shack =no crafted Alicorn. Unless they change the crafting location, which they have not yet confirmed or denied.

You need the love shack to craft it, but need the two parts first (wing and horn) which are random drops. So my question had been whether the parts would still drop if I had the love shack in storage (and my607 kindly responded that they would still drop). Then, once/if I had both parts, I would have to bring my love shack out of storage to actually craft the alicorn.

puunpet
01-28-14, 12:50 PM
You need the love shack to craft it, but need the two parts first (wing and horn) which are random drops. So my question had been whether the parts would still drop if I had the love shack in storage (and my607 kindly responded that they would still drop). Then, once/if I had both parts, I would have to bring my love shack out of storage to actually craft the alicorn.

Don't know it's straight to your point or not but if you're really need Alicon then you're really need Loveshack standing, in order to drop Horn and Wing you need to send the knight with Valentine feast altogether with Absorbtion crytal which crafted from Loveshack. I have to tell you that it still drop Horn and Wing, I randomly get it time to time and now I already have 5 Alicons in my kingdom. Goodluck hope it'll be useful to you

wassupbaby
01-28-14, 01:20 PM
No . It's not necessary to do Valentine adventure because all adventures drop alicorn parts .
@esmeralda35 : i can confirm it's correct what my607 posted.

esmerelda35
01-28-14, 01:24 PM
No . It's not necessary to do Valentine adventure because all adventures drop alicorn parts .

Thanks a million :)

puunpet
01-28-14, 03:08 PM

Thank you for correcting me, just feedback from my experiences

parlski
01-28-14, 05:44 PM
what are the chances we will be getting a bump in total energy ? the bigger the kingdom (or queendom) the more energy needed. I wish I had the time in the day to keep up with this game. it's my favourite

doublescream
01-29-14, 12:36 AM

...an Alicorn? :rolleyes:

manu90ela
01-29-14, 01:01 AM
...an Alicorn? :rolleyes:

doublescream I love your idea... :)
Oh please please please... That would be a chance for me to get an alicorn even if there will be no loveshack for valentines day. :)

But I don't think it will be one. :( because the ones who will get this bonus are mostly long time players who've got the loveshack and already more then one alicorn. So they would'nt be happy to get a single one for all the levels they jump.....

avidbeader
01-29-14, 09:19 AM
doublescream I love your idea... :)
Oh please please please... That would be a chance for me to get an alicorn even if there will be no loveshack for valentines day. :)

But I don't think it will be one. :( because the ones who will get this bonus are mostly long time players who've got the loveshack and already more then one alicorn. So they would'nt be happy to get a single one for all the levels they jump.....

I would gladly take an Alicorn. I have the Love shack but it took me about 8 months to get the 1 Alicorn that I have.

DanitaDale
01-29-14, 09:43 AM
I would love an Alicorn!! I have been playing for almost 1 year, have the Love shack, but no Alicorn yet �� Wish we could have some sort of trade. I have 5 horns, but no wings. Send my knights out on adventures everyday, still hoping!!

Queenzod
01-29-14, 10:11 AM
I already have 8 alicorns, so another one would be a yawn for me. I hope this treat is something fab, but mostly what I'm finding is the hype is greater than the reality. No worries, tho. I am very disappointed about the way they're handling the level up problem, but I can understand why they have to do it like that. I just hope we get to continue to level up and not get stuck again at level XX.

moon331
01-29-14, 10:31 AM
I think it is a pretty crappy situation when you give a small percentage of the population the ability to craft the most expensive gem animal in the game and then deny the rest of the populace that same opportunity. Meanwhile I continue to read threads about wings and horns and people arrogantly complaining about how they cannot get them to drop. At least you have the small chance! Not to mention the players with one or more alicorns for every day of the week on display when I visit my neighbors. So now after months of waiting TL says there is no love shack, which equals no crafted alicorn. What a terrible thing to do to players that have shown loyalty and waited for months only to be told that. And to then throw out a smokescreen about how hard the code would be. Pffffft!!! If only more people knew about coding, then they would be hearing "but then we would have to do some work and change some already built stuff a little".

Not a fan of this decision in case you did not notice. If TL is going to stand by this decision then they should remove the alicorn crafting ability from the game entirely. My two cents.

This is what I meant. The whole point is to bring new things that will cost gems while bringing back love shack is the opposite way. But TL, I wouldn't mind if you could sell love shack for 300 gems, which at least gives us an option. Alicorn will be just like other time limited buildings. Once we miss the goal, we have to pay for it. In fact, I paid 10 dollars for the alicorn and some gems when there was a value pack. But I still miss all the other pink stuffs and wish I could craft an alicorn by myself. Out of disappointment, I may not spend any dollars in CS again. That's it. I still love this game and I appreciate the upcoming updates.

swisschoco08
01-29-14, 11:09 AM
I've been playing a over 9 months now. I must have just missed last years valentines quest line. I've been really looking forward to last years stuff so I'm really disappointed those who missed it don't get a shot at them. I'm particularly bummed over the Alicorn. I would be so grateful if they created another way to make an Alicorn!

That being said, I'm also really excited for the new content. Time to begin stocking up! For now I will leave my faith with TL and hope that they hear us players who would love to be able to get an Alicorn without using gems.

youbugme
01-29-14, 02:25 PM
QUOTE=Petasos "Meanwhile I continue to read threads about wings and horns and people arrogantly complaining about how they cannot get them to drop".

I honestly don't think it's arrogant for people to complain that they cannot find a wing or horn for the Alicorn. (But I do believe that the ones that do should probably get a life!)
Everyone has different opportunities in this game, i.e. random drops. Just because you don't have a love shack doesn't mean you should resent those that do.

Petasos
01-29-14, 02:52 PM
QUOTE=Petasos "Meanwhile I continue to read threads about wings and horns and people arrogantly complaining about how they cannot get them to drop".

I honestly don't think it's arrogant for people to complain that they cannot find a wing or horn for the Alicorn. (But I do believe that the ones that do should probably get a life!)
Everyone has different opportunities in this game, i.e. random drops. Just because you don't have a love shack doesn't mean you should resent those that do.

I hear ya, and I was probably too harsh in my statement. I guess I was trying to say that it is hard to swallow when you read about all the hard times players are having finding alicorn parts. Those players do not even think about reading those posts from a point of view of players who do not even have the ability to get alicorn parts at all. It would be a step up for us to be able complain about getting alicorn parts, that is how I feel when I read such comments. I say arrogant because there is no consideration at all for those of us who do not have the same opportunity. However, to be fair, why would they need to consider the other group of players. I am just stuck in the second group, and am feeling a little jealous, and angry when I found out that I will not have the same opportunity. One thing that really grinds my gears is to be treated differently just because. This is really not about the love shack (although I would like it too) but as I said before it is needed to craft the alicorn.

And a special thanks to Queenzod for proving my point that when you have 8 alicorns you could care less about getting another one. Too bad I will not have the ability to know what Queenzod means as I will have to spend money/gems to get alicorns which is the source of the inequity.

youbugme
01-29-14, 03:29 PM
Although I do have the love shack, I can sympathize. Alas, I have no Alicorn. (I'm guessing Queenzod probably purchased more than a few of those elusive creatures) I do love my VDay trees, so I feel sorry for those that do not have the ability to craft these things.
Chin up, Petasos, perhaps you'll score something awesome this Valentines Day!

infinitelove19
01-29-14, 04:04 PM
what are the chances we will be getting a bump in total energy ? the bigger the kingdom (or queendom) the more energy needed. I wish I had the time in the day to keep up with this game. it's my favourite

I asked this question back on page two & am shocked at the lack of discussion & response on this. I mean a bonus refill when levelling up is great and all, but wouldn't starting each and every day with, say, 50 energy be even better?!?! :-)

Queenzod
01-29-14, 04:05 PM
I hear ya, and I was probably too harsh in my statement. I guess I was trying to say that it is hard to swallow when you read about all the hard times players are having finding alicorn parts. Those players do not even think about reading those posts from a point of view of players who do not even have the ability to get alicorn parts at all. It would be a step up for us to be able complain about getting alicorn parts, that is how I feel when I read such comments. I say arrogant because there is no consideration at all for those of us who do not have the same opportunity. However, to be fair, why would they need to consider the other group of players. I am just stuck in the second group, and am feeling a little jealous, and angry when I found out that I will not have the same opportunity. One thing that really grinds my gears is to be treated differently just because. This is really not about the love shack (although I would like it too) but as I said before it is needed to craft the alicorn.

And a special thanks to Queenzod for proving my point that when you have 8 alicorns you could care less about getting another one. Too bad I will not have the ability to know what Queenzod means as I will have to spend money/gems to get alicorns which is the source of the inequity.

I am interested in whether they are going to have some way for people to still craft an alicorn. It is a pretty central piece to the game, and it does seem unfair (wildly so) that some people get them and some don't. I've bought 4 of my 8. People who are at the same level as me prolly don't want another one as a gift for missing out on 800 energy. Of course, I can't speak for everyone. I think this is actually 2 issues. What to do about the leveling up, and what to do about the alicorn inequity. IMHO, this speaks to the problem of having a game perpetually in development and not paying attention to details.

But, as been said before, it's still a pretty rockin' game!

fari85
01-29-14, 11:20 PM
I think it's biased that some ppl get energy refills every now and then coz of multiple alicorns and others hv to do without it....I do get that some things are rare but there's always a possibility of getting it sooner or latter. But with this Alicorn thing it's seems it's not gonna happen. If they can keep Alicorn for gems why can't we hv it for coins I say, if it's so difficult to inculcate the making process in the game....you can also hv a cap on them if you are worried about players getting to many of them..

I think many would appreciate if this concern was resolved .....after all many of us were waiting for feh especially for this

cherriesx
01-30-14, 12:46 AM
I am SO disappointed the valentine's edition won't be making a comeback. I have such pink envy each time I visit a neighbor with V-day decor and the loveshack. Could we PLEASE get some nice looking decorations for V-day at least?? The current decorations we have a terribly boring. Pink trees, pink walls and maybe even a pretty new building would be awesome!

Castloninian
01-30-14, 12:56 AM
February isn't far away. Why don't we wait and see what we are getting instead of complaining in advance about what we (think) we aren't? I do find it amusing how people can complain so much over a game, one that is free to play even.

lunerasilver
01-30-14, 01:20 AM
Mermaid! Awesome!
Raise in max level: Double Awesome!

Super excited... Thanks TL :)

lunerasilver
01-30-14, 01:26 AM
In fact, I paid 10 dollars for the alicorn and some gems when there was a value pack... and wish I could craft an alicorn by myself.

I also paid for one of these guys... but I dream of being able to craft my own! I do have the love shack... and it is one of my favorite kingdom elements. I think everyone should have the ability to make pink flowers, trees etc.!

lunerasilver
01-30-14, 01:30 AM
I agree that time-limited quests are the hardest (and most stressful = least fun) to manage. I'm find I often have LESS time to play over the holidays... so steep time limits are difficult!

dng1234
01-30-14, 06:22 AM
I asked this question back on page two & am shocked at the lack of discussion & response on this. I mean a bonus refill when levelling up is great and all, but wouldn't starting each and every day with, say, 50 energy be even better?!?! :-)

I think it depends on you playing preference and your time available. There's an aspect of time management involved here too with only so much energy. Only 40, and even before when you only had 30, energy makes you have to decide what must be done first. I'm personally happy with my 40 just because I'm not using it all up at one during the day.

jptheripper
01-30-14, 06:59 AM
I am just shocked that people can complain IN ADVANCE about something, when they don't yet know what it is.

There might not be an alicorn, there might not be a love shack. There might be a double headed blue dragon that gives unlimited energy for 5 minutes. We have NO idea, and it's disappointing, after all the wonderful free updates that TL has given us over the past year, that they don't get the benefit of the doubt.

Petasos
01-30-14, 07:09 AM
I am just shocked that people can complain IN ADVANCE about something, when they don't yet know what it is.

There might not be an alicorn, there might not be a love shack. There might be a double headed blue dragon that gives unlimited energy for 5 minutes. We have NO idea, and it's disappointing, after all the wonderful free updates that TL has given us over the past year, that they don't get the benefit of the doubt.

You are right I suppose it is early to jump to conclusions. However, I would remind you of a famous quote "those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it". The last time I had my hopes up and was really super excited about a holiday update was Christmas. I put my absolute trust in TL and had faith in an outstanding impending update. Here is the outcome:

http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?62773

jptheripper
01-30-14, 07:45 AM
The Xmas updates were fine. Reindeer was great and fun, and the trees were put on sale afterwards with lots of free gems from installs. I didn't spend a dime and got them all.

esmerelda35
01-30-14, 08:11 AM
The Xmas updates were fine. Reindeer was great and fun, and the trees were put on sale afterwards with lots of free gems from installs. I didn't spend a dime and got them all.

Agreed!! I didn't spend a cent of my own money either with all the free gems. And they're starting again now with a few other valentine's updates, so I'm rebuilding my gem balance in advance - it's great!
i am excited for the updates and concur - let's wait and see what they give us - I am sure they posted this sneak preview to get us excited, and I am!

moon331
01-30-14, 08:25 AM
You are right I suppose it is early to jump to conclusions. However, I would remind you of a famous quote "those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it". The last time I had my hopes up and was really super excited about a holiday update was Christmas. I put my absolute trust in TL and had faith in an outstanding impending update. Here is the outcome:

http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?62773

Go to the previous post in this thread. It has been confirmed that No V-version and No Love Shack.

Again, I suggest that, like other time-limited buildings, sell love shack for gems if bringing back the quest and Valintine's Verstion is too much modifications.

jptheripper
01-30-14, 09:28 AM
Right, but no love shack and v version does not mean no alicorn or nothing. It just means something different

jimboser
01-30-14, 09:57 AM
Right, but no love shack and v version does not mean no alicorn or nothing. It just means something different

Indeed. I like the idea of the holiday content being built right into the game, and not a separate app. Only downside is that for people playing all those 'other' apps, they won't get a reward for installing a new Castle Story.

As for the Love Shack, maybe there will be something new that is better, that can craft all the same items. A Love Shack 2.0 or whatever.

We will know soon enough.

Anastisha13
01-30-14, 10:13 AM
Has anyone noticed this! My energy has just shot up to 70/40 ��
Also my level has been raised to 50! ��
It keeps changing! 30 then 50 then 30 again ??

jptheripper
01-30-14, 10:13 AM
Or all new items, even better. Maybe not an alicorn, but a Gryphon, or a lion, or something equally cool and unique like a hydra or phoenix

katbtodd
01-30-14, 10:19 AM
Has anyone noticed this! My energy has just shot up to 70/40 ��
Also my level has been raised to 50! ��

Really!!!!!! Not here yet

Anastisha13
01-30-14, 10:25 AM
It has gone back down to 30 now When I close and reopen, it fluctuates 50 then 30! Increase in energy remains high

Anastisha13
01-30-14, 10:26 AM
Really!!!!!! Not here yet

Maybe they are doing it alphabetical

katbtodd
01-30-14, 10:35 AM
Maybe they are doing it alphabetical

So your not teasing,,, that's good to know

oliverrr11
01-30-14, 10:37 AM
It has gone back down to 30 now When I close and reopen, it fluctuates 50 then 30! Increase in energy remains high

It briefly shows 50 when first opening when loading and has for a while now. You probably got the extra energy from an adventure, pigglesworth, dragon, alicorn etc. etc.

Anastisha13
01-30-14, 10:46 AM
So your not teasing,,, that's good to know

LoL. Now that would be nasty! Lol. No seriously. That is what happened.
As for an adventure oliverr11, all I was doing at the time was farming!

HistoryGirl7
01-30-14, 10:53 AM
Do we know if update will be today? Excited :)

katbtodd
01-30-14, 10:57 AM

If we get one,,,should be in bout two hours ,

Farmtastic
01-30-14, 11:40 AM
This is great news, can't wait!

cad33
01-30-14, 11:50 AM
It briefly shows 50 when first opening when loading and has for a while now. You probably got the extra energy from an adventure, pigglesworth, dragon, alicorn etc. etc.

Yup on both counts. I see 50 for a split second while it's loading. Energy say 100 during that time too. Then my info loads in and it's lvl 30, energy 40.

As to have 70/40. There are a few things that can let you go over max. I'm guessing one of them happened. Personally, I'd spend it ASAP so as not to wait your energy accrual.

mrosmeows
01-30-14, 11:52 AM
I think the newer players are overacting about the loveshack. There are so many updates to this game since I've started that make it so much easier its unbelievable. Until it got huge thAnks to us that started when it came out they didn't put a special focus on it. I've personally spent atleast sixty bucks enough to buy any xbox game over the year. Not at once five dollars here and there. And alicorns are great but you get one refill once a week. The wizard schools give you ten every four hours once you build them up way better. Look I'm not against newer players for a long time you needed an iPhone to play. Infact I play on my boyfriends old iPhone that badly works because both of our new phones don't have it. After all that money and almost a year in I was cut off for months when my iPhone brokes until a friend could fix it. Now it's not even active so I can only play at home When I emailed team lava they told me it would eventually be out for everyone too bad dispite the money I had spent. I'm not trying to be mean to early players but you have so much we didn't.... For example who would spent gems on more energy when you can buy a wizard school or and alicorn.... It gets old to hear you complain about the one thing we do have. I agree with you the loves hack should be up for sale. Maybe it will maybe it won't I don't know. But to redo the original quest is pretty unfair to those of us who have been here all along. We would like a new quest. I'm sure you guys wouldn't like it if we get the bat quest again for Halloween for new players ect...And for the record it took me almost eight months to get the alicorn parts and it was locked for me until then. It's not like they pop up everyday

Anastisha13
01-30-14, 12:06 PM
Yup on both counts. I see 50 for a split second while it's loading. Energy say 100 during that time too. Then my info loads in and it's lvl 30, energy 40.

As to have 70/40. There are a few things that can let you go over max. I'm guessing one of them happened. Personally, I'd spend it ASAP so as not to wait your energy accrual.

You are probably right! It has settled down now! I guess I was getting a bit excited, what with all the expected changes coming, and I have been level 30 what seems like forever 😀. We should know by tomorrow anyway! Thanks for responding! Hope I didn't get too many of you excited for nothing 😊

kooky panda
01-30-14, 12:08 PM
Yes!!

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?64778-Castle-Story-01-30-2014-Update-Valentine-s-Day-Items

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?64778-Castle-Story-01-30-2014-Update-Valentine-s-Day-Items&p=837850&viewfull=1#post837850