PDA

View Full Version : Play both of Castle Story and Dragon Story

moon331
01-24-14, 10:59 AM
Post deleted. Disappointed by TL.

avidbeader
01-24-14, 01:19 PM
I use to play dragon story but trying to get all of the dragons before the expired just made the game too hectic for me.

kooky panda
01-24-14, 02:04 PM
If you like the challenges in castle of having to prepare recipes and grow crops to do other things, I would suggest you try Farm Story 2. It runs slow at the start like castle did (building your buildings) but I have really enjoyed it.

CottageRose
01-24-14, 02:17 PM
I tried DS for awhile, but didn't find it nearly as much fun as CS. There are more and more different things going on in CS, and the CS storyline and characters are more engaging. Perhaps most importantly, I have much greater ability in CS to design my kingdom.

youbugme
01-24-14, 02:44 PM
Dragon Story has ridiculous gold requirements and many quests that I never even attempt. Farm Story seems a bit boring and is hard a the start. Home Story is fun, but Castle Story is the one I play every single day. Addicted? yup!

moon331
01-24-14, 03:07 PM
If you like the challenges in castle of having to prepare recipes and grow crops to do other things, I would suggest you try Farm Story 2. It runs slow at the start like castle did (building your buildings) but I have really enjoyed it.

I tried Farm Story 2 and kinda like it. The problem is unlike CS, which generally only needs to play every 2 hours, FS2 needs much more attention. You know, eggs and milk...

faeriedust
01-24-14, 05:36 PM
You'll have to play with a different mindset towards Dragon Story. If missing limited time events such as Harvest Pergola, Reindeer Stable, etc. bothers you a lot, then I suggest you don't try Dragon Story. Some people have more luck, but personally, I miss more than half of the limited time dragons. Its all about luck over there even if you spend heaps of gold.

I think of it like this:
Alicorn = Diamond Dragon, you either get it or you don't for ages.
Dragon = Limited Super Rare dragons. Many frustrated players for every limited super rare.
Fangbeasts = Common dragons. Expect a whole lot of 14 hour, 20 hour, 10 hour fails when you breed dragons.
The level of shock/luck if someone were to get Large Diamond, Golden Fleece, and Burning Ember in the space of a week = getting a super rare or ultra rare on the first try.
There are a lot more timed events: Tournaments (7 days) Summoning (10-14 days)

BUT its still fun, give it a go?

GoodyTwoShoes2
01-24-14, 06:02 PM
Does anyone play both of Castle Story and Dragon Story here? Which one do you prefer?

I have been playing Castle Story for a long time but never Dragon Story. Though these two games have things similar, like dragons, I personally think CS looks more beautiful than DS. CS has 3D style designs while DS is more like 2D. DS is only about dragons and many of those dragons look weird to me.

Or in other words, I am playing Castle, Fashion, Bakery, Restaurant Story. CS is my favorite. Which game will you recommend to play next? Let's stick with teamlava games, because this is TL forum. :)

I play them both but am seriously considering quitting Dragon Story. It is very, very frustrating when you keep breeding worthless dragons you already have and just have to "sell" it for 100 or even 10 dollars! I had a 10 level dragon (the highest) and he has been "exhausted" for several weeks so I had to sell him to make room and they gave me 10 bucks. I spent a small fortune getting him to level 10!! AND the quest like things are almost un-achieveable and I have a huge string and the "NEW" ones don't even come up on the top. You have to keep going through this big looonnnngggggg list to see if there are any new ones. (hoping you might be able to do it and move up a level). Can you tell my feelings!! I love Castle Story but I don't think I will ever find the golden apple so I can finish that goal!!!! Linda (Twilight) GoodyTwoShoes2

meme1098
01-24-14, 06:29 PM
Those are the very same reasons I quit dragon story Goodytwoshoes. And the unachievable dragons as well.

Anaboe
01-24-14, 09:11 PM
@GoodyTwoShoes2: an exhausted dragon only rejuvinates in a healing well, this is a building you can buy at your market. It costs 500 silver + 2 hours for a dragon to heal, so it's no problem.

I play both DS and CS (and FS, BS, RS, PSS, FS1, MS and 2 non-Team Lava games) and I'm very fond of these, all for different reasons. Lots of other Team Lava games I've tried, mainly for the gems and gold you get when you install and play them, some I kept playing, some I de-installed. I started BS, then PSS and DS. Castle Story is my latest new game (am now lvl 23). In DS I now have 105 uniqe dragons, more than half of them lvl 10. I participate in tournaments, summonings, mining, and try to complete my Arctic Isle in BS. Yes, it's a luck based game, but the additional gameplay (tournaments, summonings, minings) make it not solely depending on luck. Although I haven't bred a nice dragon in weeks, I still like it.

The fun of playing lots of these games is that when some games don't go so well, others will ens the other way around. When Castle Story is going slow and a bit boring because of the long waiting times, I always have another game in which I'm going like a blast.

If you have questions, you can always go to the forum of that game: most people are very helpfull here.

ahomeforme
01-25-14, 06:35 AM
Castle is my all time fav. Like what other players mentioned above, I also love the unexpected storyline, engaging characters, cute pets, pretty and detailed buildings n decorations, etc, etc...

I have DS but hardly play it anymore, same reasons, difficult to breed dragons in goals. Besides, I adore the baby dragons, once they evolved, they are not as cute for me.

I also have Bakery, Restaurant, Farm, Farm2, Fashion, Home Design, Pet Shop, Pet Hotel, Mystery. But for now, my time only permits me to play Castle and Bakery.

BriarAvenue
01-25-14, 08:00 AM
I tried DS for awhile, but didn't find it nearly as much fun as CS. There are more and more different things going on in CS, and the CS storyline and characters are more engaging. Perhaps most importantly, I have much greater ability in CS to design my kingdom.
Same here. DS graphic isn't as good.
Dragons are cute when they are small. Find the dragons movement limited to the habitats a bit stupid n awkward.
Graphics in other TL games are just not as good.

moon331
01-25-14, 08:06 AM
I just went to play DS. Still don't like the appearance of dragons. I visited other advanced players' land, basically packed with bizarre creatures. Maybe because I am never an animal person. Wish we could have another game like CS.

preinsko
01-25-14, 10:10 PM
Does anyone play both of Castle Story and Dragon Story here? Which one do you prefer?

I have been playing Castle Story for a long time but never Dragon Story. Though these two games have things similar, like dragons, I personally think CS looks more beautiful than DS. CS has 3D style designs while DS is more like 2D. DS is only about dragons and many of those dragons look weird to me.

Or in other words, I am playing Castle, Fashion, Bakery, Restaurant Story. CS is my favorite. Which game will you recommend to play next? Let's stick with teamlava games, because this is TL forum. :)

I play CS every day, I pretty much had given up on DS due to summoning that didn't pay off properly. Plus I was delivered the wrong habitat once and it is still not used. Now I play just to see when I will give up, I respond to all requests; but don't have time to visit. If you are lucky then breeding dragons can be fun; but when you breed the same useless duplicate for 7 or 8 days it annoys you. DS Quests are useless most involve breeding a specific dragon which you may or may not get. I have been breeding mythic & light for 8 days still no sign of Oracle dragon.
I also play FS2; it is not as fast paced unless you do the train. Buying storage can be challenging though.
I say go with CS and/or FS2 DS is boring, CS & FS2 challenges my organizational s****s so I like them.

wassupbaby
01-26-14, 01:46 AM
I would never ever recommend FS 2 unless you're willing to buy gems , tons of gems ! Unlike CS, FS2 is unplayable if you refuse to pay gems .The buildings are extremely expensive , the trades rate of getting sth back is ridiculous it's like 1:10, the lack of the tools to clear land and upgrade is a nightmare. I managed to get to lv 28 but i don't play it anymore.Just waiting for promotion goals with free gems .

MiniLaura
01-26-14, 08:25 AM
I would never ever recommend FS 2 unless you're willing to buy gems , tons of gems ! Unlike CS, FS2 is unplayable if you refuse to pay gems .The buildings are extremely expensive , the trades rate of getting sth back is ridiculous it's like 1:10, the lack of the tools to clear land and upgrade is a nightmare. I managed to get to lv 28 but i don't play it anymore.Just waiting for promotion goals with free gems .

I disagree. I play without paying for gems. Yes it's taking me a long time to save up money for buildings, etc. But it doesn't matter to me. I'm in no hurry to get everything and expand everywhere.

seishy
01-27-14, 09:30 AM
I used to play dragon story, too many limited time dragons, too much coming out constantly. It just got overwhelming and that led to a loss of interest.

I think I like castle story because of the story line element. I like interacting with the characters and whatnot.

I played farm story 2 for a bit, but I also got frustrated with that one. Earning money is very slow and expanding is even slower. I almost never find the items needed to expand or the items needed to upgrade buildings, I would always end up using the gems I earned to upgrade things because items never dropped

midnightmeerkat
01-27-14, 12:35 PM
CS is one of my favourite TL games but because I only have 1 square to expand and a couple of goals to complete I spend most of my time in DS and lately FS2 - I keep up with the updates and enjoy progressing with the story line but don't like to stockpile just for the sake of stockpiling.

I find that my style of play is that I like to have goals to achieve so where others don't like FS2 and DS because they take time to achieve things I don't mind having a list of dragons still to get or to slowly make coins to buy buildings.

There are different things that i like about each of the games (DS, CS and FS2), I've always loved dragons, when i first got my iphone i searched for a cute dragon game to play and got hooked by DS, once I'd gotten all dragons available except for the diamond prior to halloween 2012 i got bored and stopped playing, my son took over my old game and wanted me to start playing again after xmas, so early 2013 I got interested again because there was a challenge again with the trading portal and crafting, I had missed all the first Halloween dragons by then but got a chance at the Xmas dragons.... I love the summonings, mining, tournaments.

My absolute ideal game would be a combination of DS and CS - DS with story lines!

leonsandcastle
01-27-14, 12:38 PM
I find CS to be relaxing, for the most part fun, and a diversion. DS, which I will likely not be playing much longer, is none of these things for me. Luck and $$$ are the only factors that determine most outcomes in the game. I have been playing for a year and have not gotten a single ultra-rare dragon, which are a major asset during tournaments, which are about the only interesting thing left to do in DS. New dragons are created on a weekly basis it seems, yet I breed over and over the same 14, 20, 21, and 24 hour fails. The only things to do in DS are breed NEW dragons that you don't already have (which goes well early in the game) and compete in tournaments which use a terrible percentage simulator.

CS I can play at whatever speed I want, and I don't worry about getting the rarest items. It took me almost a year to piece together my Alicorn, which is really a decoration more than anything (I don't find that I need the 40 energy per week very often), but that was fine. I greatly disliked the timed goals, especially the winter hotel thing, which I ended up not getting, and it does bum me out that I know I won't have a chance at it randomly down the road.

I do find FS2 very similar to CS, and while it can be a pain collecting enough expansion papers or pieces/tools, it's not something that NEEDS to be done within a certain time frame, so I don't have to stress. Yes, it is slow at the beginning, but it picks up as you gain XP and expand your farm. I have never spend a $ on FS2, but I am doing just fine. I wouldn't mind spending a little on CS if the need arose, but I would never give another penny to DS.

wassupbaby
01-28-14, 12:53 PM
I disagree. I play without paying for gems. Yes it's taking me a long time to save up money for buildings, etc. But it doesn't matter to me. I'm in no hurry to get everything and expand everywhere.

Just checked your farm :) good job ! I don't pay gems either but i think apart from the gems thing FS2 has no story, i was hooked on the game at first but then it's all the same thing. The characters don't even walking around , there aren't many place for decorations, and it's extremely slow game. At lv 28 , i'm supposed to be able to buy the forge, which costs 120k gold and i'm no where near that number , don't have enough maps and permits to expand > therefore ... frustrated .... quit. Games are supposed to be fun and relaxed . The second i get frustrated is the moment i quit. If someone can stand all the thing i've posted then go ahead, play FS2 . But again , I would never ever recommend FS2 to anyone.

meme1098
01-28-14, 04:25 PM
I played FS2 at first too but also quit when I was unable to do anything. Frustration set in quickly.

midnightmeerkat
01-29-14, 12:45 PM
Just checked your farm :) good job ! I don't pay gems either but i think apart from the gems thing FS2 has no story, i was hooked on the game at first but then it's all the same thing. The characters don't even walking around , there aren't many place for decorations, and it's extremely slow game. At lv 28 , i'm supposed to be able to buy the forge, which costs 120k gold and i'm no where near that number , don't have enough maps and permits to expand > therefore ... frustrated .... quit. Games are supposed to be fun and relaxed . The second i get frustrated is the moment i quit. If someone can stand all the thing i've posted then go ahead, play FS2 . But again , I would never ever recommend FS2 to anyone.

I'm at level 28 too :) I can't see that it is going to be a long term game for me either, I've only recently opened the train station and I'm enjoying filling train orders but that will get old quickly. It is also giving me a game 'fix' while I wait for something to do on CS and DS.

tigarlilyvol
01-29-14, 03:26 PM
I keep playing because my 3 yr. old grandson always wants to see the airplane fly, he likes to mine for rocks, and see the train come and go. Every time I delete it he asks to see it again. So I put it back on my I-pad.

shambalaya
05-22-14, 01:59 PM
Well, it seems like dragon story and castle story are merging for a while! :-)

Oliver118
05-23-14, 04:57 AM

Good point.

Oliver118
05-23-14, 04:59 AM
I'm at level 28 too :) I can't see that it is going to be a long term game for me either, I've only recently opened the train station and I'm enjoying filling train orders but that will get old quickly. It is also giving me a game 'fix' while I wait for something to do on CS and DS.

I don't like Farm Story 2. I stopped playing it because I couldn't do anything-I like Castle story more than how much I like Dragon story and Farm story 2!

TinksThots
05-23-14, 01:37 PM
I play all three being discussed here, and yeah, they all have their ups and downs.

DS - Goals occasionally surprise me by popping up completed, I've kinda forgotten that game even has them. Once I finished all the "clear debris, upgrade farms, add nbrs, etc." type goals and the list became nothing but "have this or that dragon" ones, I stopped paying attention to them and just started breeding for what I like. When it says "New" up there I'll go make sure they're all opened so they'll count if I do complete one, but otherwise, I'm sandboxing it, collecting whatever I find attractive. Breeding countless fails is highly irritating, but since TL's timers don't matter to me, I don't have to care. I only keep fails if they'll get me a stone toward one of the ones I want from trading/crafting, otherwise, I instantly sell. I don't battle, found that to be a waste of time and coins. Nowhere near fully expanded, but almost done expanding since crashing is becoming an issue. :-/

CS - I very much enjoy this game's dynamic and interface, far too many specifics to try to lay out right now, but this game makes me brain a lot and I love it. XD Amazing graphics, wish I could detail my decorating more, but crashing is an issue here as well (iPad 1) Also wish there was an easier way to keep track of what I need/what I'm maxed on as I send little miniTink on her rounds. Constantly referencing/endlessly scrolling the inventory surely isn't your long term plan for us? Perhaps an additional floating number, turning 1 wood into 1 wood (83)? And maybe use all those organizational tabs you made? I know some stuff about some stuff... and I have lots of free time... just saying. ^_^

FS2 - The longer I play this one, the more stressful and time-consuming it becomes, and the closer I get to my breaking point. The temptation to sell off everything I've got at rock-bottom prices and leave my animals in those hilariously priceless poses (kudos to whoever did that, I still giggle!) gets stronger by the day. The hoarder in me is the only reason I haven't yet, and I have a feeling that that's no coincidence... after all, the majority of the population has at least a touch of that tendency... that phrase "by design" comes to mind... lolololol *wink wink*