PDA

View Full Version : Idea pool

Mattdiner
01-13-11, 07:14 PM
State all of your ideas to make this game even better all in one thread.

Unregistered
01-13-11, 07:19 PM
I would like to see...

A bar, with little bottles at the back of it, and glasses hanging in the front.
A 2 seat sofa.
A button to "gift all".

Araxi Whistler
01-13-11, 07:40 PM
- Wall partitions which morph to make corners when other walls are placed perpendicular to each other.
- A list of available items from the "Magic Box" (or "Magic Shell" or "Holiday Box") and their respective rank.
- A dimmed "Tipped" button (or the "Visit" button) which means that you have already tipped that person.

Mattdiner
01-13-11, 07:57 PM
A button in everyone's restaurant where they can describe what foods they cook, their design, ID, etc.

Mattdiner
01-13-11, 08:21 PM
Example: Drink Tower
1. Tap to prepare (pour).
2. Tap to prepare (stack).
3. Waiting time...
4. Tap to serve.
It would be its own counter and cost 1 coin each.
5. Empty so go back to step 1.

Unregistered
01-14-11, 12:34 AM
Be able to scroll left and right with gestures when selecting decorations or recipes.
Have and open/close sign or just have the door be lockable instead of having to block it with furniture which is ghetto.

Unregistered
01-14-11, 12:54 AM
oh and maybe have different music that you can purchase. this would add to the memory size of the game though. It'd be really cool if you could select different music you can play and hear at other restaurants and give it a different feel.

also be able to "click"/touch various knicknacks and have them do something like piano play some notes, turn lamp on and off, pinball machine light flash, tv play a scene, fountain spray some water etc

Unregistered
01-16-11, 03:42 AM
More non gem options for wall & floor decorations, please.

Airzound
01-17-11, 08:06 AM
I'm close to the maximum number of neighbors, 2000. Sometimes I want to visit, gift, or tip a particular restaurant, but it's very hard to do unless the restaurant name is really early in the list, starting with A or B (or with spaces, a trick a lot of people have figured out).

Other apps on my phone give me much greater ability to quickly scroll through and search contacts by name; something like this in RS would be great. It would also be nice to be able to sort neighbors by other criteria besides restaurant name, such as start rating, level, gifted/tipped status, or even Storm8 ID.

Oh, and a "select all" button on the gifting page would be a huge time saver. Some days I do make an effort to gift everyone, but it takes a long, long, time and a lot of clicking and scrolling.

cityerror
01-17-11, 04:53 PM
Yes! I would also like to see a description box for everyone!

Spartanchick316
01-19-11, 12:34 PM
[ didQUOTE=Unregistered;35481]More non gem options for wall & floor decorations, please.[/QUOTE]

have to agree. A few more non gem walls and flooring/tiles would be nice.
I didnt see anything about being able to sell them and thought I would add it. Honestly I havnt played for long (level 8 I think.) I do however have a number of tiles and walls but cant sell them or get rid of them like I would Like to be able to do.

Unregistered
01-20-11, 04:13 AM
* Gifts other than food, such as decorations (could be purchased)
* Bigger size tables so you don't need to put tables together to achieve the same thing
* Drink machines, like coffee, soft drinks, milk shakes
* Different curtains to decorate windows
* More avatar options, not just a girl or boy chef
* Purchase waitstaff that can run around the restaurant to serve customers
* Sofa/couches that customers will sit on if there's a waiting area

Unregistered
01-21-11, 09:38 AM
I wanna b able 2 buy gems w/ coins! If 100Gs of coin is 100 gems then 100 gems should cost 100Gs!
I wanna b able 2 view foods I've bn promoted on and see how many more of a certain dish I have to make before I am promoted again.

Unregistered
01-22-11, 09:20 PM
A way to search by restaurant name or id and a way to delete people from the invite friends page if they don't respond after a while.

Unregistered
02-22-11, 12:31 AM
Avatar editor like on wii. More staff, updated customers, customers based on other restaurants custom avatars.

Unregistered
03-08-11, 02:55 AM
We have some really cool ideas suggested that will really make this game a better place to spend our time!

Keep it up teamLava!

Unregistered
03-08-11, 11:24 AM
1. more foods of course (varies with fast to cook to 2 days) especially with the grill, i kept all my grills cause i completed all the recipes there
2. easier system to tip neighbours
3. longer newsfeed and also please put neighbours who tipped in the newsfeed
4. more money purchases items instead of gems
5. more gems bonus (for instance everytime level up)
6. drink machines
7. more stability (too many glitch lately since the valentine version especially)

Unregistered
03-08-11, 11:32 AM
let's not forget a waitress or waiter.....

Unregistered
03-08-11, 11:35 AM
Are you that naive that you still think that TL will implement ANY of the fine ideas listed above? If they do, it will be a first, as well you know! You are not a newbie, so you should know better by now. It's nice that so many have contributed to the discussion, but what is the point? A lot of these suggestions and requests have been asked for since the games began and not one thing has been implemented. There is no recognition of any feedback on here. I just hate to see people actually think that anything is going to change around here.

I'm sure someone will attack me for negativity, but it's just being a realist.

Unregistered
03-11-11, 05:45 PM
3. Waiting time...
4. Tap to serve.

Unique! Maybe a fooseball table or air hockey and maybe even some lights flashing around like a party or something. All 2 be purchased with coins of course.

starrynight999

mattdiner
03-11-11, 06:21 PM
Are you that naive that you still think that TL will implement ANY of the fine ideas listed above? If they do, it will be a first, as well you know! You are not a newbie, so you should know better by now. It's nice that so many have contributed to the discussion, but what is the point? A lot of these suggestions and requests have been asked for since the games began and not one thing has been implemented. There is no recognition of any feedback on here. I just hate to see people actually think that anything is going to change around here.

I'm sure someone will attack me for negativity, but it's just being a realist.

I completely understand what you're saying, but if that day comes one day, they could look here opposed to individual threads.

Unregistered
03-12-11, 08:47 PM
Restaurant Story needs:

1. A "Select All" button for sending your neighbours gifts.

2. Add more items like vending machines, etc..

3. Add freezers for ice cream, popsicles, and such along with the stoves, ovens and grills.

4. Make it easier to see who's tipping you and how often by adding an icon beside their name or something.

Unregistered
03-13-11, 01:47 PM
It would be nice if u could add more food to the grill like corn for 30 min., spareribs for one day, hot dogs for 15 min., and wings for 30 min. For the oven add something like some lasagna for 2 hrs., pork chops for one hr., sweet potatoes 30 min., tuna casserole for 3 hrs. and eggplant for 2 hrs. For the stove add some deviled eggs for 15 min., onion rings for 30 min., and rice and beans for 1 hr. Also add some more equipment and accessories if possible. I love the game, but I need more. Also a way to gain more gems and expansion.

I HAVE THIS GAME ON BOTH MY iPHONE AND iPOD TOUCH AND LOVE THEM, BUT I NEED MORE. I ALSO HAVE CITY STORY.

Unregistered
03-15-11, 11:06 PM
I would like to see

1. an active/inactive button by neighbors' names to see who has and has not been tipped.
2. the ability to sell back floor tiles and wall tiles if even for a fraction of what things are usually re-sold for now
3. more food options
4. more gift items of equal value (I'm tired of serving stew)
5. more wall decorations rather than tacky pictures

I do not want to see

1. servers (if I want those, I'll play Tap Bistro or the like; they only confuse matters and cost money)
2. more lame (or any for that matter) challenges that get you no where but with fewer jewels
3. a default user interface; I would like to choose what to see on the small screen to avoid using valuable real estate
4. additional tapping to get tips, extra credit, or make food (this isn't Tap anything); people play this because it is cute, fun, and a way to use their free time and not because they want to waste extra time; it also makes my finger hurt after so many
5. more items that can only bought with gems without an option to do so with coins (example in TL terms: 5 gems or 480,000 coins)

Thank you

glob
03-16-11, 06:06 PM
A confirmation screen or 2 when buying coins with gems, cuz I already wasted 20 gems accidentally. If there was a confirmation screen I would have clicked "NO".

Donnahh
03-16-11, 07:37 PM
I'd like some items transferred over from Restaurant to Bakery. Decorations mostly.
There are a lot of tables and chairs that would go well other items in each Story.

greygull
03-16-11, 10:02 PM
And the counters too please. I would really love the grey counters from bakery in restaurant. That could be a long running update, transfer one or two items between the two games every week. It would satisfy the people who want updates, and those of us that would like some of the items.

Unregistered
03-16-11, 10:08 PM
To the developers,

When ever I want to tip my neighbours, I just can't remember whom I have tipped so I would have to 'visit' him and check to see if I have already done so.

Is it possible to place a small indicator beside the 'Gift' and 'Visit' button in the Neighbours List to indicate that this neighbour has already been tipped. I would still need to visit him to tip him the normal way but placing a small indicator beside the current buttons would definitely be of help.

The indicator can be something small like a checkbox. To indicate that the neighbour has been tipped, a small tick in the checkbox will be sufficient, if not, the checkbox will remain empty.

Do hope you would consider this. thanks.

Unregistered
03-19-11, 01:51 PM
Here are some of my wants:

~waiter and waitresses for 1 gem each and a 1 coin bonus for faster service
~some child customers so it wont just be adults
~families
~drinks like juice,milk,soda,coffee,and milkshake

Those are my ideas

~hello288~

Unregistered
03-19-11, 02:02 PM
I wish I could leave my gems on my neighbors tables as tips. I have 117 gems saved up and I don't want them *shrug*

Unregistered
03-19-11, 02:05 PM
Here are some of my wants:

~waiter and waitresses for 1 gem each and a 1 coin bonus for faster service
~some child customers so it wont just be adults
~families
~drinks like juice,milk,soda,coffee,and milkshake

Those are my ideas

~hello288~

I was thinking it'd be cool to have a table that seats multiple people. Family booths would be cool and different.

Donnahh
03-19-11, 02:50 PM
And the counters too please. I would really love the grey counters from bakery in restaurant. That could be a long running update, transfer one or two items between the two games every week. It would satisfy the people who want updates, and those of us that would like some of the items.

I think this is a great idea. And they don't have to spend money or time designing new objects for us, just transfer them over. Perfect! :)

Unregistered
03-21-11, 12:17 AM
Might have been mentioned, but how about buying different customer types?

Let's say I have a classy restaurant with a fireplace and fancy decor, so I want to use the "black tie" set of customers to match it. Or use the "game day" set if I'm going for a sports bar feel with TVs, pinball, and pool tables.

Hello288
03-24-11, 06:05 PM
3. Waiting time...
4. Tap to serve.
Good idea! I have multiple chilled drinks and some of the drinks I have are sparkling cider and red wine.

mrF39
03-26-11, 01:33 AM
I haven't seen this idea yet, but I would love to be able to swap items with neighbors. I have five fireplaces in storage right now and it would be great to trade them for something else that a neighbor isn't using either. Have a swap forum within the game perhaps. I am not sure of the logistics as I don't want people to be dishonest when swapping, but surely there could be a way to do this. Thanks for listening ~ mrF39
BTW this should be an option on all story games. And if you implement this I won't claim intellectual rights, just give me a boatload of gems & story cash! :)

Mogwai4111
03-26-11, 11:40 AM
I haven't seen this idea yet, but I would love to be able to swap items with neighbors. I have five fireplaces in storage right now and it would be great to trade them for something else that a neighbor isn't using either. Have a swap forum within the game perhaps. I am not sure of the logistics as I don't want people to be dishonest when swapping, but surely there could be a way to do this. Thanks for listening ~ mrF39
BTW this should be an option on all story games. And if you implement this I won't claim intellectual rights, just give me a boatload of gems & story cash! :)

It's ironic you mention gems, since those are the reason this won't happen. Why would they give you a way to avoid buying gems to get a certain item you want? They're in this business to make you buy those little gems.

mrF39
03-26-11, 09:38 PM
Money would still be made. If I bought gems to get magic box items and ended up with five fireplaces and someone else did the same and ended up with five pianos, why couldn't we swap? The game creators already have our money, so what exactly would be the problem?

Hello288
03-27-11, 08:07 AM
I think that there should be a daily guessing game and you can get different amounts coins, gems, and get other items from common, uncommon, rare, and exclusive.

Hello288
03-29-11, 03:56 PM
I would really like the menu from Bakery Story™ here in Restaurant Story™. I also have a very long list of new foods in mind so I an really looking forward to them in the next update with no more bugs. Thank you.

GroupMagma
03-29-11, 04:06 PM
I think that there should be a daily guessing game and you can get different amounts coins, gems, and get other items from common, uncommon, rare, and exclusive.

We occasionally hold guessing games in our Contests subforum, in which you can earn Gems. :cool:

Hello288
04-02-11, 09:24 AM
How about buying double or triple servings of a food. It will save space, but the cooking time will increase double or triple and cost more. You can also get more coins.

Hello288
04-03-11, 03:35 PM
I want some weather:
sunny
rain
snow
sunrise/sunset
day
night

BlakBeard
04-03-11, 03:55 PM
How about a auction where we can auction off Gems for Coins. I have a bunch of Gems in RS, FS that I'm not using. So this would be helpful to others. We could hold the auction here on the site. This won't really hurt TL sense a lot of people use their Gems so not everyone will have Gems to sell. Plus it's a good way to meet new neighbors and bring traffic to this site.

Rachael98
04-19-11, 04:22 PM
All of these ideas are brilliant and I wish TL LLC. would look at them because if anyone knows what makes a good game, it's the players. Sadly, all of the Senior Members and Super Moderators have refrained from looking at this thread, or at least acknowledging it. I wonder why.