PDA

View Full Version : TL - You are losing customers!

lelaina752
01-24-14, 01:30 AM
Dear TL,

I'm sorry to post this, but I just had another neighbor message me that she is quitting Fashion Story. This makes me incredibly sad as this is my sixth (at least) high level active neighbor to quit recently. You are losing customers with your gem traps, no goals, etc. PLEASE listen to your customers! I have said so many times that I would purchase more if items were offered out of the box and if you offered past LTOs and avatar items (brown groovy hair). However, you didn't even have a Christmas sale! I expected to purchase a lot and purchased nothing. Now with players quitting (who are all players that purchase items with gems), you will have even less money.

This really makes me so sad that people are leaving the game. I LOVE this FS and I love my neighbors. I don't plan to leave and I want to keep buying things if you make things I like available. Please don't wreck this game because you have a lot of customer loyalty and goodwill. You could make so much more money (and I would have my neighbors back) if you listened to your customers. Please consider making different (and better) business decisions.

Really really sad. :(

mollybrown0
01-25-14, 05:09 AM
I have to agree. It does feel as though no one listens apart from customers who look at the forums. I understand that it's difficult for moderators to listen to everyone's feedback, but I've seen a lot of suggestions with no replies from moderators, and these suggestions are in their hundreds. I've considered leaving Fashion Story due to how expensive everything is. I've found that it gets very hard to level up, and you don't get much of a reward. Sometimes I've levelled up and only unlocked one new fashion set in the catalogue. People are wanting improvements made but it just doesn't seem to be happening. I think the most important problem is to sort out the money issues and gems, but instead, we get new fashion available to buy. It's a nice touch, but its not a solution to the games problems. I hope problems like this will be considered more in the future because I don't want to leave Fashion Story.

bobbyrae
01-25-14, 07:30 AM
Now with players quitting (who are all players that purchase items with gems), you will have even less money.

The fact that players are quitting, whether those players buy gems or not, does not equate to TL having less money.

lelaina752
01-25-14, 12:34 PM
The fact that players are quitting, whether those players buy gems or not, does not equate to TL having less money.

Well, I can't speak to the community at large as I have no idea of those specific statistics. However, I personally have spent less considering I expected to buy 580 gems for the Christmas sale, and didn't. So, based upon my limited personal experience, I can say that TL has earned less money from me. If some of my neighbors who purchased gems have already left the game, I can say that TL has less money from those particular players. Is TL making up those funds from new players? Possibly. Again, I have no statistics. With that said, I do think it's rare for newer players to immediately start purchasing large quantities of gems since they are less invested in the game (at least that's been my experience).

However, if there is some other point you are making or you have some other information, please clarify. :)

bobbyrae
01-25-14, 12:46 PM
Your experience does not necessarily reflect the general TeamLava experience. There are many players who continue to buy gems, lots and lots of gems in many, many storm8 games. Just take a look at the threads referring to Boxes and see how many times some players open boxes at 24gems a pop. That is just here on the forum by the way. And that only refers to boxes. Many of my neighbours continue to buy many many many gems and don't have any intention to slow down or stop.

Storm8 has a growing network of mobile games with over 200 million other players worldwide besides you. Think about that for a second.

So they didn't make $50 off you last year. Wow.

lelaina752
01-25-14, 12:59 PM
Your experience does not necessarily reflect the general TeamLava experience. There are many players who continue to buy gems, lots and lots of gems in many, many storm8 games. Just take a look at the threads referring to Boxes and see how many times some players open boxes at 24gems a pop. That is just here on the forum by the way. And that only refers to boxes. Many of my neighbours continue to buy many many many gems and don't have any intention to slow down or stop.

Storm8 has a growing network of mobile games with over 200 million other players worldwide besides you. Think about that for a second.

So they didn't make $50 off you last year. Wow.

LOL. Thanks for the polite response. As you point out, and as I mentioned several times, my opinion was based on my personal experience.

bobbyrae
01-25-14, 03:22 PM
Now with players quitting (who are all players that purchase items with gems), you will have even less money.

This was not a statement based on your personal experience. It was to this specific portion of your post that I gave a response.

I agree with your assessment that players are leaving out of sheer frustration with the gem traps, lack of goals and, I might add, in some games, decent content and updates. But the fact that some players are quitting does not equate to TL or Storm8 losing money. They apparently like their business decisions and it seems to be working very well for them. I wish they would listen more to the players of the games in deciding what content and tech updates should be put into the games, but apparently that is not on their agenda.

nky1111
01-26-14, 03:50 AM
yea producing single-use plastic junk always has been profitable xDD and the worse its quality the better the profit xDD