PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story: Update 01/23/014 Fruit Crate Trade/Monster Traps

Aggwynn
01-23-14, 12:15 PM
Hi All,

Here is today's update!

1) Fruit Crate Trade
- Complete this quest line to unlock a new trade in the Royal Exchange called: "Trade With The Fruit Farmers"
- "Trade With The Fruit Farmers" drops a variety of fruits including Apples, Oranges, and Lemons

2) Monster Traps (Skunkupine Trap and Fangbeast Trap)
- Instantly spawn a monster!
- Traps can be purchased in the Market and will spawn a monster when chopped

NOTES:
- WE DID NOT ADJUST spawn rates of these monsters. This is an optional way for players to quickly spawn monsters if they wish to do so.
- Monster will not spawn IF THERE IS ALREADY A MONSTER IN YOUR KINGDOM

3) Glimmergate and I will look into making a way for you to track which fortune you are on

dw9893
01-23-14, 12:17 PM
yeah work on 3 =D thanks

Be sure to complete this chain guys =) Mythic Essence is discovered in this chain

Edit(KP)
(level 26)
Under Royal Exchange

Trade With The Fruit Farmers
50 Mushrooms
25 Truffles
5 Magic Fruit

Time: 2 hours

Unlock this trade by following the quest line described below.

Single quest:
Alluring cheese
chop to lure a skunkupine
chop to lure a fangbeast
the 2 traps cost 5 gems each, but the reward for this is 10 gems
this is the only step in this quest
Reward: 10 gems, 10 XP

Fruit Crate Trade quest line:
Micro managing:
visit deep mine
visit cathedral
visit conservatory
visit ampitheater
visit tavern
check jeweller
Reward: 1700 coins, 6 XP

What Gold Can't Buy
Tour the Magic Garden 0/2
Reward: 2600 coins, 8 XP

The Extravagant Picnic
Tomatoes - 40
Prime Cuts - 4
Hearty Stews - 4
Carrots - 30
Cabbage - 30
Hot Pepper - 20
Reward: 2900 coins, 9 XP, Unlocks Fruit Crate Trade in Exchange

A King's Appetite
Complete a Fruit Crate Trade 0/1
Reward: 1700 coins, 6 XP

As His Highness Commands
Give Orange Cobbler - 1
Give Apple Pie - 1
Reward: 2900 coins, 9 XP
end of quest line

dw9893
01-23-14, 12:19 PM
will the fruit trade have a % chance of dropping golden apples?

Queenzod
01-23-14, 12:36 PM
1. What's with all the fruit? I put away my glimmerbat b/c I'm always maxed out on fruits. I don't need more fruit opportunities.
2. Who wants to spawn a fangbeast and have your energy stolen? The skunkupine I can understand a little more, but I thought the rattail problem was addressed with the new Mr. Stinky. And we need trolls for essence. Why aren't they included?

I'm bummed. I wanted something NEW, not more of the same stuff I don't need!

Okay, sorry to complain, but I'm not sure I'll even do these ones. I'm confused as to whats going on here. This game is getting way tedious for longtime players. Poopies.

Maybe I need to go eat some fruit and calm down. ;)

Aggwynn
01-23-14, 12:40 PM
will the fruit trade have a % chance of dropping golden apples?

Yes. It has a chance of dropping a Golden Apple.

Aggwynn
01-23-14, 12:44 PM
1. What's with all the fruit? I put away my glimmerbat b/c I'm always maxed out on fruits. I don't need more fruit opportunities.
2. Who wants to spawn a fangbeast and have your energy stolen? The skunkupine I can understand a little more, but I thought the rattail problem was addressed with the new Mr. Stinky. And we need trolls for essence. Why aren't they included?

I'm bummed. I wanted something NEW, not more of the same stuff I don't need!

Okay, sorry to complain, but I'm not sure I'll even do these ones. I'm confused as to whats going on here. This game is getting way tedious for longtime players. Poopies.

Maybe I need to go eat some fruit and calm down. ;)

Hey Queenzod,

1) Not everyone has fruits =( You're ahead of the pack!
2) There are players out there that need help with finding Fangbeasts and Skunkupines. This is for them.
3) We have big story arc for the Trolls, we will not release any Troll Traps =)

You're ahead Queenzod =) We have lots in store for elder players. Stay tuned!

dizzy7373
01-23-14, 12:49 PM
Hey Queenzod,

!
Hopefully this means a pet troll rather than just diminishing our troll appearance rate for an upcoming story arc where we need lots of trolls to appear.
I am enjoying the new none time limited updates, but how about making these level dependant whilst adding new levels.

pattipenguin
01-23-14, 12:52 PM
Thank you for the update! I really appreciate all the different challenges!

manu90ela
01-23-14, 12:57 PM
Thanks for the update! :) I hope this new trade will be easy in order to do it very often and get a lot of trade tickets. :) I need another 14 expansion permits! ;)

dizzy7373
01-23-14, 01:05 PM
It has arrived, 2 new quests.
Micro managing:
visit deep mine
visit cathedral
visit conservatory
visit ampitheater
visit tavern
check jeweller

alluring cheese
chop to lure a fangbeast

Castloninian
01-23-14, 01:08 PM
Thanks for the update! :) I hope this new trade will be easy in order to do it very often and get a lot of trade tickets. :) I need another 14 expansion permits! ;)
It takes two hours and requires 50 mushrooms, 25 truffles and 5 magic fruit. So no, I would not call it easy ;)

raghadd1
01-23-14, 01:09 PM

jtm101
01-23-14, 01:10 PM
1) I find it hard to believe that anyone has trouble finding enough fangbeasts. They come up at least twice as often as any other monster for me, without trying. What we need is a Reliable source of rat tails. This new pet skunkupine is not reliable at all, i am yet to find one tail and have collected at least a half dozen times and only found useless crops from him. I think you need to go back to the drawing board on him. We have more than enough sources of fur (i am often maxed and dont dont even bother collecting from manticores). I was really hoping the pet skunkupine would have at least a 50% chance of dropping tails.... But it looks likely it is maybe 10%.

2) In regards to fruit, we dont need more fruit. We need a trade to use fruit. I stopped collecting from my fruit trees months ago and stored my glimmerbat after a few days as it wasnt for me either.

3) Sounds good, a new fortune or two each update wouldnt go astray either. I'd like them to act like goals and be included in that list. Maybe with a summary of the clue in the goal so we can refresh our memory on demand.

raghadd1
01-23-14, 01:13 PM

Ohhh I have to wait 2days to do this task

I'm happy for new updates

jtm101
01-23-14, 01:16 PM
The new trade sounds like a waste of magic fruit to me. I would have rather used up my 99 prime cuts along with the truffles.

manu90ela
01-23-14, 01:16 PM
It takes two hours and requires 50 mushrooms, 25 truffles and 5 magic fruit. So no, I would not call it easy ;)

Wow that was fast! :)
ok thats not easy at all. Well at least I had 10 minutes to hope... ;)

girufel
01-23-14, 01:20 PM
I do not have an amphitheatre. Does that mean that I cannot unlock the new trade?

1Murphy1
01-23-14, 01:22 PM
I don't need more fruit unless it includes golden apples, I'm maxed on the fruit, never have time to make lemon aid or pies too busy using my 2 kitchen for the quests. The pig sir wiggles always gives me oranges and apples. I hope the next update is worth waiting for. This one is really disappointing.

MiniLaura
01-23-14, 01:26 PM
I do not have an amphitheatre. Does that mean that I cannot unlock the new trade?
you can always skip that part with gems. It's only 5 gems to skip.

dizzy7373
01-23-14, 01:28 PM
1) I find it hard to believe that anyone has trouble finding enough fangbeasts. They come up at least twice as often as any other monster for me, without trying. What we need is a Reliable source of rat tails. This new pet skunkupine is not reliable at all, i am yet to find one tail and have collected at least a half dozen times and only found useless crops from him. I think you need to go back to the drawing board on him. We have more than enough sources of fur (i am often maxed and dont dont even bother collecting from manticores). I was really hoping the pet skunkupine would have at least a 50% chance of dropping tails.... But it looks likely it is maybe 10%.

Agreed, I can collect from all my coin buildings, no troll, collect from 1 cow and bang, a fang beast.
The whole selling point for the pet skunkupine was a nice regular source of tails, but it seems to prefer to give sugar cane.......

2) In regards to fruit, we dont need more fruit. We need a trade to use fruit. I stopped collecting from my fruit trees months ago and stored my glimmerbat after a few days as it wasnt for me either.

I only collect from my apple trees, and that is just for the chance of a golden apple.
TL must have a database with players levels, it would be interesting to know the ratio of level 30+ against other levels.
I would have thought that near enough everyone at 30 has more than enough fruit.

How about a use for manticore whiskers or mysterious venom, instead of using the same ingredients over and over again

ShibuyaCloth
01-23-14, 01:31 PM
The new trade sounds like a waste of magic fruit to me. I would have rather used up my 99 prime cuts along with the truffles.

Well you can use your kitchen for that. Use the "Feed the Baron" receipt.

Queenzod
01-23-14, 01:31 PM
Hey Queenzod,

1) Not everyone has fruits =( You're ahead of the pack!
2) There are players out there that need help with finding Fangbeasts and Skunkupines. This is for them.

Thank you Aggwynn! Sorry again to be so grumpy. I'm having a day and was just disappointed.

zoo123g
01-23-14, 01:33 PM
is the skunk trap part of the main quest line? is it necassary to do it?

enaid03
01-23-14, 01:33 PM
The whole selling point for the pet skunkupine was a nice regular source of tails, but it seems to prefer to give sugar cane.......

How about a use for manticore whiskers or mysterious venom, instead of using the same ingredients over and over again

At least your pet gave sugar cane. My last 4 collections were 1 tomato, 1 tomato, 50 coins and 50 coins.

The mythic essence used up a good deal of my manticore whiskers that I am actually collecting from the manicors again.

MiniLaura
01-23-14, 01:34 PM
no, you don't have to do it.

olcastle

Just build it, you'll need it for other quests too.

youbugme
No, but you may as well do it. It returns the gems required for the task, and you will get whatever the beasts drop.

kudukuda
01-23-14, 01:35 PM
Did the trap quest. Gained a rat tail, a creep tooth, fur and two extra energy over the energy i invested. Plus, because of the 10 gem reward, it cost me nothing.
Thanks TL. Now I know I have the traps in stock if i need stuff fast from monsters.
I like this update.
Now i just have to wait 17 hours for my first magic garden collection. But a two hour trade, even if it does involve magic fruit, is better than nothing. The other components are easily on hand for me. I am always maxed on mushrooms and truffles (yes, and also prime cuts). I dont need the fruit, but the trade tickets sure will come in handy.

Update: apparently the new trade will give speciality foods, not fruit. That's like another kitchen item. I LOVE those....

dizzy7373
01-23-14, 01:37 PM

No, you have 2 quests, main quest to unlock the trade and a secondary quest for the traps.
The trap quest is just one level, buy 1 skunk trap and 1 fang trap.
These cost 5 gems each, and the reward is 10 gems, so you wind up even on gems, but you will also have whatever the fang and skunk drop.
REMEMBER do not open both traps at once, open 1, **** the beast then open the other, otherwise you won't get the 2nd beast

mamareader02
01-23-14, 01:38 PM
Will do the goals,but hope FS2 has something better in store tomorrow ,this one for CS is eh

meme1098
01-23-14, 01:41 PM

3) Sounds good, a new fortune or two each update wouldnt go astray either. I'd like them to act like goals and be included in that list. Maybe with a summary of the clue in the goal so we can refresh our memory on demand.

Fangbeasts continually appear for me while collecting from animals, farm buildings. It's so irritating and I lose from 1-2 energy each time as well. As for the pet skunkupine, I also thought it's intention was to create a reliable source of rat tails for those in need. However, all I've gotten over the last 3 days are tomatoes, sugar cane, wheat & a few coins. I guess the rat tails are a rare drop from him.
I don't collect from any of my fruit trees either except for the apple. Still trying to start the adamant goal without any luck at all.

girufel
01-23-14, 01:43 PM
Just build it, you'll need it for other quests too.

Ok, but it's expensive. I'm still saving for the pet skunk. 500,000.... phew....

mamareader02
01-23-14, 01:44 PM
Fang beasts love my queendom,skunkupines have no love for Daze a lot!and why couldn't the traps be for coins? People need the items from the beasties for goals,wouldn't it be easier for them(and less gems) to just push the "skip" button?

girufel
01-23-14, 01:45 PM
you can always skip that part with gems. It's only 5 gems to skip.
Good point. Thanks :-)

DrP4ever
01-23-14, 01:47 PM
Thank you for keeping the game fresh and fun. I'm one with a problem with the fortune teller so I'm hopeful you can figure out a solution.

eepopp
01-23-14, 01:47 PM
The Extravagant Picnic (Step after visiting Magic Garden twice)

Tomatoes - 40
Prime Cuts - 4
Hearty Stews - 4
Carrots - 30
Cabbage - 30
Hot Pepper - 20

http://i43.tinypic.com/wj9c3a.jpg

http://i42.tinypic.com/11r6ss6.jpg

jtm101
01-23-14, 01:52 PM
Well you can use your kitchen for that. Use the "Feed the Baron" receipt.

I do occasionally Feed the Baron (once a week?), but my kitchen is usually too busy making feasts for adventures. The same reasoning applies to why i dont bake fruit pies for the fruit trade we already have. I usually only make those when one of my fruits hits 99, thx to Sir Piggy.

kooky panda
01-23-14, 01:52 PM
Goal steps added to post 2 up through here.

Castloninian
01-23-14, 01:56 PM
Update: apparently the new trade will give speciality foods, not fruit. That's like another kitchen item. I LOVE those....

No, you misread that. You trade speciality foods (truffles, mushrooms, magic fruit) to get fruit.

rosym47
01-23-14, 01:59 PM
I love the skunkupine trap it gives another option to obtain the little critters, and the trap is pretty. Now I have the choice of spending gems or planting 50 wheat and hoping they turn up.

I also really, really love Pepe and he is giving me lots of good stuff.

jptheripper
01-23-14, 02:02 PM
I would trade 20 oranges, 20 lemons, 20 apples for 5 magic fruit, no way am I giving up magic fruit FOR fruit, it's useless

Castloninian
01-23-14, 02:13 PM
I would trade 20 oranges, 20 lemons, 20 apples for 5 magic fruit, no way am I giving up magic fruit FOR fruit, it's useless

I like that idea better too.

cad33
01-23-14, 02:15 PM

Woot! Glad to hear this! I don't mind the things that I don't need (though geee I wish I had access to sap trees back when I was trying to upgrade all the taverns, markets, windmills, jewelers, etc.) And I expect you'll start giving us a better way for mermaid scales as soon as I get my next 50-60 so I can finish my last Cathedral to lvl 5 :P

Still, enjoy playing all the time, and love the updates so thank you Storm8 moderators, staff and programmers! :)

eepopp
01-23-14, 02:17 PM

I'm going to take this as a subtle head's up to stock up on Troll Essences (and possibly Swords and Armor), after I finish the Fruit Crate Trade quest. :)

Cesar49
01-23-14, 02:31 PM
I like the fruit trade. I have loads of fruit trees, so don't need the fruit, but it's great to have another 2 hour trade. I do the milk/egg exchange most of the time, but sometimes run low on one or the other. Up till now I've then done the 2 hour exchange that uses fish for 10 energy, while I get more milk or eggs. Now I have another option. I won't do it often, but I have lots of magic fruit as I rarely do the 4 hr trade, my 6 pigs give a lot of truffles and mushrooms are easily replenished. I think it's a small update that's easily done and will give me another trade ticket in about an hour's time, so thanks TL!

my607
01-23-14, 02:36 PM
I really hate to use magic fruit for this fruit trade wished it was something else in place of magic fruit. I think last two updates we had to used magic fruit then I used it for the first trade in the exchange.

kudukuda
01-23-14, 02:36 PM
No, you misread that. You trade speciality foods (truffles, mushrooms, magic fruit) to get fruit.

You're right.... Oops.... :(

my607
01-23-14, 02:37 PM
Is it possible to get a trade so that we can get magic fruit? Like the post above have mentioned. That would be nice .

sheri59
01-23-14, 03:04 PM
Why would I give 5 magic fruited to get regular fruits! We need a 3rd kitchen before needing more fruits. I have stored most of my fruit trees and the ones I have out, I don't need to pick them. I get plenty of fruits from Glimmerbat Habitat and Sir Piggleworth.

Plus we need to get rid of things we hardly have to use, not the things we don't have. I bet all your old players are maxed out on fish, creep tooth, living wood, coal, earth wisp, wisp lantern, truffle, prime cut, troll essence, golden egg, manticore whisker, dragon scale, purple dye, faerie jar, and fey crystal. These items might have a little bit of use at some point in the game, but once people catch up with the game and they don't need to expand or upgrade their buildings, they keep maxing out. I was even maxed on most other items that come out of mine and deep mines before we started getting these new weekly updates.

So please give us usage for items we don't use as often. And also think about long term usage. With no new levels, everyone eventually getting to level 30, so if you want to keep the game more interesting to old players, please remember our needs as well. Also max of 40 moves is too little. As levels go up, max moves should go up.

BriarAvenue
01-23-14, 03:14 PM
Won't hurt doing it. Spend 5 gems on each n get 10 gems back.
Only takes some energies.

BriarAvenue
01-23-14, 03:17 PM
The fruit trade is good for more junior players who don't hv fruit trees yet.
But the magic fruit qty seems a bit high for them. I won't waste my magic fruits on this one.

BriarAvenue
01-23-14, 03:18 PM

Me too. Maybe hv this one for players at lvl 30.
So either group gets what is desirable.
Or, may be traded for gold nuggets n gold apples?
Magic fruit is at least one per day, but those two are often required but hard to get.

vontalken
01-23-14, 03:19 PM
I noticed the picture for the fruit trade has pineapples, pears, and bananas . Is this a hint that more types of fruit will be appearing?

BriarAvenue
01-23-14, 03:25 PM
Fangbeasts continually appear for me while collecting from animals, farm buildings. It's so irritating and I lose from 1-2 energy each time as well. As for the pet skunkupine, I also thought it's intention was to create a reliable source of rat tails for those in need. However, all I've gotten over the last 3 days are tomatoes, sugar cane, wheat & a few coins. I guess the rat tails are a rare drop from him.
I don't collect from any of my fruit trees either except for the apple. Still trying to start the adamant goal without any luck at all.

For me, the beast n troll appear without a miss when I collect and my energy level is equal or less than what is required to beat them. Most of the time, I have to wait another 3 or 6 minutes to be able to clear them out.

jimboser
01-23-14, 03:31 PM

Today I FINALLY got a rat tail from the little stinker, often nothing drops because I'm maxed. The percentage for dropping skunkupine parts really should be raised.

I'm like most others here, Fangbeasts are everywhere, About every 3rd cow/chicken spawns one, very frustrating!

It seems like the traps are working backwards, I would think that having a trap would keep the beastie from appearing, trap it away somewhere safe so I don't need to deal with it.

BriarAvenue
01-23-14, 03:32 PM
yeah work on 3 =D thanks

Edit(KP)
Under Royal Exchange ....

Hi, dw9893
Could you add the rewards as well. So we know what we will be getting pls. Thx

Cesar49
01-23-14, 03:40 PM
For the fruit crate trade I got apple, lemon, tomato and strawberry. Can't state for certain how many of each, as I didn't check beforehand how many of each I had, but think it was just one of each fruit. Not impressive. After that the baron demands an apple pie and an orange cobbler.

MiniLaura
01-23-14, 03:58 PM
Hi, dw9893
Could you add the rewards as well. So we know what we will be getting pls. Thx

Done!!

meme1098
01-23-14, 04:06 PM
For the fruit crate trade I got apple, lemon, tomato and strawberry. Can't state for certain how many of each, as I didn't check beforehand how many of each I had, but think it was just one of each fruit. Not impressive. After that the baron demands an apple pie and an orange cobbler.

So you sacrifice 5 magic fruit to get something you can easily farm or collect? Did you get a trade ticket? Don't see how this is useful unless you're really strapped for the trade tickets

eepopp
01-23-14, 04:22 PM
alluring cheese
chop to lure a fangbeast

Reward screen for reference:
http://i42.tinypic.com/jru0d3.jpg

maz3girl
01-23-14, 04:37 PM
So the animal traps are an optional thing, right? Not part of a storyline? (Will it expire after a few days?) I don't have any gems. Lol

JayUK69
01-23-14, 04:41 PM
The fruit trade dropped a golden apple for me.

traxle
01-23-14, 06:17 PM

traxle
01-23-14, 06:19 PM
A new trade ! Fruit crate trade. 50 mushrooms, 25 truffles, 5 magic fruit. 2 hours long. Not sure what it gives yet, will update after trade is completed.

meme1098
01-23-14, 06:30 PM

Nice!

Of course--Mts mts

Liloze
01-23-14, 07:10 PM
is that why I did not get but 8 skunkupines since the s. Pet goal started ?! :confused::p

newzealander
01-23-14, 07:49 PM
Did the trap quest. Gained a rat tail, a creep tooth, fur and two extra energy over the energy i invested. Plus, because of the 10 gem reward, it cost me nothing.
Thanks TL. Now I know I have the traps in stock if i need stuff fast from monsters.
I like this update.
Now i just have to wait 17 hours for my first magic garden collection. But a two hour trade, even if it does involve magic fruit, is better than nothing. The other components are easily on hand for me. I am always maxed on mushrooms and truffles (yes, and also prime cuts). I dont need the fruit, but the trade tickets sure will come in handy.

I think you're mistaken, Kudu. You won't have the traps in stock. They disappear when you 'chop' them. They are replaced by the beast you are going to slay. You buy them fresh each time.

freesiawoods
01-23-14, 08:17 PM
Great to have new goals and glad something is being done about the fortune teller.

Although, I am not sure how many if us would pay five gems to get a regular monster. I for sure won't be.

Fruit trade is not something I would use either, unless there is a new source of magic fruit. I have too much fruit from my fruit trees and my kitchens are too busy to use them because they need that darned sugar sugar sugar. I also notice that chopping dead trees for some reason often drops fruit.

bonniesue48
01-23-14, 08:31 PM

My fruit trade says it is locked by goal. What do I have to do to unlock it?

jtm101
01-23-14, 08:32 PM
I also notice that chopping dead trees for some reason often drops fruit.

Sounds like you are stuck on the Dead Tree/Fruit fortune! You need to completely chop down 2-3 dead trees before the next fortune shows up.

eepopp
01-23-14, 09:56 PM
A new trade ! Fruit crate trade. 50 mushrooms, 25 truffles, 5 magic fruit. 2 hours long. Not sure what it gives yet, will update after trade is completed.

That quest (after Extravagent Picnic) is called "A King's Appetite"
http://i41.tinypic.com/2553otd.jpg

http://i43.tinypic.com/2ufy7g9.jpg

Once that trade is finished, it is followed by:
"As His Highness Commands"
Give Orange Cobbler
Give Apple Pie
Rewards: 2900 Coins, 9 XP

This is the last mission in the Fruit Crate Trade Questline.

http://i42.tinypic.com/2a7eull.jpg

eepopp
01-23-14, 09:59 PM

You need to finish the "Extravagent Picnic" mission in the Fruit Crate Trade quest line to unlock the Fruit Trade.

http://i40.tinypic.com/107nrtj.jpg

eepopp
01-23-14, 10:11 PM

I wasn't so lucky.

My fruit trade gave me :

2 apples
2 tomatoes
1 orange
1 lemon
1 trade ticket

http://i39.tinypic.com/148jd69.jpg

QueenCarolyn
01-23-14, 10:37 PM
Yea for #3 - letting us know what fortunes we are on. I am so lost on the fortune teller things.

BriarAvenue
01-23-14, 11:15 PM
Done!!
Thanks

onemansmiracle
01-23-14, 11:29 PM
Collect cows *bang* appears fang beast
Collect chickens *bang* appears fang beast
Collect pigs *bang* appears fang beast
Collect sheep *bang* appears fang beast
Collect strawberries *bang* appears fang beast
Collect peppers *bang* appears fang beast
Collect from iron ore *bang* appears fang beast
Collect resources buildings *bang* appears fang beast
Those are unfortunately most useful resources, and it's sole purpose is to make your life miserable. So can we extinct them pls?

hedvigso
01-24-14, 01:45 AM
I dont get the idea about the traps.
A Fang beast appears
I mark the trap
My avatar Cheops and the trap dissappers
The Fang beast is still there.

What do I do wrong? I thought the beast would dissappear when usling the trap.

Castloninian
01-24-14, 01:53 AM
I dont get the idea about the traps.
A Fang beast appears
I mark the trap
My avatar Cheops and the trap dissappers
The Fang beast is still there.

What do I do wrong? I thought the beast would dissappear when usling the trap.
The trap makes a fangbeast appear, and then you can chase it off. If you already had a fangbeast and then clicked on the trap the fangbeast from the trap will not appear and obviously the other is still just there. You can only use the traps to make a beast appear, not make a beast you already have disappear.

LinkinPark92
01-24-14, 01:58 AM
How does the alluring cheese goal actually work? First chop it or..?
How can I get a fangbeast or skunkupine in the cages? I have no trolls right now in my kingdom

hedvigso
01-24-14, 02:03 AM
Thanks!

katbtodd
01-24-14, 02:45 AM
The fruit trade is good for more junior players who don't hv fruit trees yet.
But the magic fruit qty seems a bit high for them. I won't waste my magic fruits on this one.

I as thinking the same thing,,, magic fruit comes to us but once aday,,, it does not build up very fast, I'm a season player level 30 , all building level up to 5 and don't even have 50 magic fruits. We had two quest that wipe me out, had to wait days to build back up , so I'm thinking if I'm a season player struggling to keep my magic fruit , I can't imagine beginner having a lot and to use that many, Is a lot..

katbtodd
01-24-14, 02:48 AM

You got to do the quest line. In your little book

nasha86
01-24-14, 03:40 AM
How does the alluring cheese goal actually work? First chop it or..?
How can I get a fangbeast or skunkupine in the cages? I have no trolls right now in my kingdom
You guy maybe misunderstand about the use of these traps. it will not trap them in the cage but somewhere in your kingdom. So, when you want to use it, put it in a empty place which not affect buildings or animals, then you can chop the trap. A beast will appear at the place you want it to be, and just keep it there. Five gems for a rest place of beast.

parlski
01-24-14, 04:46 AM
... Also max of 40 moves is too little. As levels go up, max moves should go up.

I've been pondering this same dilemma for a few days now. too many things to do and not enough energy. third wizard school would help.

freesiawoods
01-24-14, 06:18 AM
Sounds like you are stuck on the Dead Tree/Fruit fortune! You need to completely chop down 2-3 dead trees before the next fortune shows up.

Ohhh, thank you SO MUCH!!! I missed out that one somehow!

BriarAvenue
01-24-14, 06:45 AM
Collect cows *bang* appears fang beast
Collect chickens *bang* appears fang beast
Collect pigs *bang* appears fang beast
Collect sheep *bang* appears fang beast
Collect strawberries *bang* appears fang beast
Collect peppers *bang* appears fang beast
Collect from iron ore *bang* appears fang beast
Collect resources buildings *bang* appears fang beast
Those are unfortunately most useful resources, and it's sole purpose is to make your life miserable. So can we extinct them pls?

You need their fur, fangs n bones for trading n trading tickets for the expansion permits.
Take it as a required devil. You get most of the energy back n sometimes get 1 or 2 extra too.

jptheripper
01-24-14, 06:50 AM
Yes the beasts are awesome, I get them all the time and need them. They cost zero energy (sometimes the take one, sometimes you get a bonus one, so average about 0) and give great useful items

BriarAvenue
01-24-14, 06:51 AM
I've been pondering this same dilemma for a few days now. too many things to do and not enough energy. third wizard school would help.

Haha, it's been raised from 30 to 40 already.
The higher levels we go, the more buildings n events we hv n more energy is req'd.
So it's a matter of where you want to spend them for.
I usually ignore collections from bldgs like the cottage, tower etc.
and then you will get extra energy from doing trading n adventures
and visiting neighbors gets you additional 10 per day. 40 is OK.
It's like time management. We all hv 24 hours per day, how to use them is the question.

MiniLaura
01-24-14, 07:00 AM
Goal information updated through here.

Mistymoo50
01-24-14, 07:00 AM
Ok, but it's expensive. I'm still saving for the pet skunk. 500,000.... phew....

Me too, and I need the amphitheatre and the cathedral!

eepopp
01-24-14, 07:40 AM
I as thinking the same thing,,, magic fruit comes to us but once aday,,, it does not build up very fast, I'm a season player level 30 , all building level up to 5 and don't even have 50 magic fruits. We had two quest that wipe me out, had to wait days to build back up , so I'm thinking if I'm a season player struggling to keep my magic fruit , I can't imagine beginner having a lot and to use that many, Is a lot..

The Fairy Respite building also occasionally drops a Magic Fruit. I've had at least 2 drops from there this week.

HistoryGirl7
01-24-14, 08:46 AM
Erm....I've ****ed two skunkupines since quest began but neither have registered in goal? I thought we didn't have to buy the traps unless we wanted to.

onemansmiracle
01-24-14, 08:53 AM
You need their fur, fangs n bones for trading n trading tickets for the expansion permits.
Take it as a required devil. You get most of the energy back n sometimes get 1 or 2 extra too.

Fang beast can totally be replaced by skunkupine and troll, and bones and teeth are always 99, cos you don't get as many trolls to drop horns for the trade(I have 20 lv5 amphitheaters and 20 windmills to find the troll,even me don't get enough). We shall extinct the fangbeast but evenly distribute more trolls and skunkupines. And they reward more energies and better resources. Honestly if you don't lost 3 energies when you meet a fangbeast,that is a blessing. Cos fighting a beast of 5 energy consuming,it dies with 60% chance of only giving 2 energies,30% 3, and 10% 4. It's guaranteed a losing battle.

MiniLaura
01-24-14, 09:06 AM
Erm....I've ****ed two skunkupines since quest began but neither have registered in goal? I thought we didn't have to buy the traps unless we wanted to.
You don't have to buy the traps.
But if you want to complete the Alluring Cheese quest, you do have to buy the traps.

HistoryGirl7
01-24-14, 09:14 AM
Thanks for responding!

You don't have to buy the traps.
But if you want to complete the Alluring Cheese quest, you do have to buy the traps.

passinthru8
01-24-14, 09:54 AM
I am usually maxed out on fruit. They should have made it just the opposite. Trade apples, oranges & Lemons for Magic Fruit!!! I would have had my baby Skunkupine days ago if I wasn't waiting for my pitiful 1 ( one) Magic Fruit per day to drop! Thanks but no thanks.....Another issue is Feed the Baron. why does it take all those supplies & 2 hours for something like a bag of sugar? Don't get me wrong, CS is my all time favorite thing to do these days! Thanks.

passinthru8
01-24-14, 10:01 AM
Is there any other way to get Magic Fruit than from the Magic Garden 1 per day? I get excited to make the 15 Energy Exchange once a week. Why do they offer an exchange that is impossible to complete?

zelda0816
01-24-14, 10:15 AM
So the animal traps are an optional thing, right? Not part of a storyline? (Will it expire after a few days?) I don't have any gems. Lol

Optional yes. Suggestion TL- Since traps cost gems, when we buy one, after we chop it, it goes to inventory, so we can use again? I love the idea, but 5 gems to trigger a monster? Thanks for updates!

Z

eepopp
01-24-14, 11:49 AM
Is there any other way to get Magic Fruit than from the Magic Garden 1 per day? I get excited to make the 15 Energy Exchange once a week. Why do they offer an exchange that is impossible to complete?

The Fairy Respite Building (Upgraded to Level 5) has a chance to drop Magic Fruit. Unlike the 22 hour recharge time of the Magic Garden (and 100% drop rate of Magic Fruit from the Garden), the Fairy Respite Building has a ~5 hour recharge time, and a less than 100% chance drop rate of Magic Fruit (I do not know the exact chance percentage).

I always collect from my Fairy Respite building when I am able to, and I received a Magic Fruit yesterday and another one this morning (out of approximately 4 collections).

Before yesterday's Thursday Update release, I had 40 Magic Fruit. Even though I had to use 5 Magic Fruits for the Fruit Crate Trade, I am now up to 38 Magic Fruits due to The Magic Garden and Fairy Respite Building drops.

I had posted a pic of my Fruit Crate Trade in the Royal Exchange which showed I had 40 Magic Fruit.
Here is a pic of my current Inventory now....
http://i41.tinypic.com/21dheoo.jpg

I would recommend stockpiling Magic Fruit and have a minimum of 20 in your inventory for future quest needs. ( I learned my lesson after the Reindeer Stable quest in December to have a lot of Magic Fruit in my Inventory. There was a particular quest in that quest line that required 5 Magic Fruit per Trade for Polarian Lichen that was extremely challenging. )

SybreTiger
01-24-14, 12:39 PM
This is a really dumb idea. 5 gems just to spawn a single monster? At least it's optional, I will never ever buy these traps (except to finish the quest). MAYBE if the traps were 1 gem each, then I might consider it. But these monsters spawn readily enough, why should anyone ever spend gems? Of course now TL will drop the spawn rate to force people to buy gems.

Petasos
01-24-14, 03:19 PM
I could see a lot of players buying one or two of these at the beginning of the pet skunkupine quest. You have 18 or 19 and and want to move on you will fork over 5 or 10 gems. TL are pretty stinking good at getting us to use our gems. Just look at the recent updates, you can bypassing checking a building for only 5 gems at the beginning of the fruit trade quest line. I am sure many players did that. And these traps are not intended to be purchased all of the time. Just when we want to not wait 16 hours and then the 5 gems is something we will pay. But it all adds up, and sooner or later we will be waiting for the next gem sale to pay 13.99 to add 530 more gems because we were nickled and dimed to death. I do not blame TL for that, it is a great strategy. The only reason I bring it up is because there seems to be a lot of folks saying they will never buy one of these traps. I bet TL will get a whole lot of them bought in the future.

P.S. I am sad to say I might buy one if the situation were right, 5 gems is not a lot.

infinitelove19
01-24-14, 03:20 PM
I LOVE the idea of a fruit trade, as on two of my accounts I've been holding out on buying a lemon tree & really need another source of them. However, what is required for this trade makes it not a good source. One trade every 5 days (5 magic fruits take 5 days to collect) will give me one more lemon per week, based on what people have reported getting from the new trade. That will be one extra lemonade every two months.

Any chance the requirements can be lowered or the fruit received increased?
I'm thinking 4-5 of each fruit from the trade (as it currently is) would be fair, or decrease requirements to 20-40%.

Just my opinion, but I'll probably be buying the lemonade tree soon if I don't get one from the dark caves soon.

sabbywabbys
01-24-14, 04:35 PM
Having the trees is way better. With luck you do get them from adventures. I have 2 of each and 3 lemon trees all from adventures. If your going to use magic fruit you better off using it for energy in my opinion.

Queenzod
01-24-14, 04:47 PM
Having the trees is way better. With luck you do get them from adventures. I have 2 of each and 3 lemon trees all from adventures. If your going to use magic fruit you better off using it for energy in my opinion.

My advice is to stop doing that trade b/c you use 100 energy to get 15 in return. I noticed a big change when I stopped doing the magic fruit trade. I now have 109 magic fruit. I have more energy to work with and I'm always maxed out on those trade items.

BriarAvenue
01-24-14, 09:00 PM
Fang beast can totally be replaced by skunkupine and troll, and bones and teeth are always 99, cos you don't get as many trolls to drop horns for the trade(I have 20 lv5 amphitheaters and 20 windmills to find the troll,.
Skunkupines are rare for me, and they don't drop furs always. Not sure why you need that many trolls for? 20 lvl 5 amphitheaters? Wow..
Troll essence? It's easy for me to get trolls n beasts, always pop up if I collect from building, glimmer dust, glimmer bulbs etc. if my energy level is low. Almost a sure hit.

freesiawoods
01-25-14, 03:30 AM
Yes keep doing adventures. I now have lots of apple and lemon trees, though never got an orange tree. I heard that different adventures drop different trees.

pixieblob
01-25-14, 03:47 AM
Do you need to be a particular level or have finished other quests to generate the Fruit Trade quest line? I'm level 24 but haven't got it. I did have the traps one

Mylly2
01-25-14, 05:20 AM
A big thank you to everyone who contributes on these posts, I look forward to reading them and your help and advice has made my game play so much more enjoyable. I appreciate the time taken to make the guides so good.

BriarAvenue
01-25-14, 08:17 AM
Do you need to be a particular level or have finished other quests to generate the Fruit Trade quest line? I'm level 24 but haven't got it. I did have the traps one

See post #2 of this thread. You need to start with the micro management first.
If you can, skip building with coins if you don't hv them all.

pixieblob
01-25-14, 09:18 AM
See post #2 of this thread. You need to start with the micro management first.
If you can, skip building with coins if you don't hv them all.

I haven't got the Micro Managing quest, that's why i was wondering if it was triggered by your level or other quests.

BriarAvenue
01-25-14, 09:39 AM
I haven't got the Micro Managing quest, that's why i was wondering if it was triggered by your level or other quests.
What stage are u up to for that quest? Didn't prompt you for the magic garden?
You need to collect from magic garden twice, which means 2 days before moving on the next.

sabbywabbys
01-25-14, 09:55 AM
My advice is to stop doing that trade b/c you use 100 energy to get 15 in return. I noticed a big change when I stopped doing the magic fruit trade. I now have 109 magic fruit. I have more energy to work with and I'm always maxed out on those trade items.

If your considering the energy lost from harvesting the strawberrys Nd bulbs to get 15 energy in return i understand your point but you also get money when you harvest so its not so terrible. Plus a trade ticket with the 15 energy id just think its better to get energy instead of fruits that are so easily obtained but as TL said the lower level players cant get trees easily so it all depends on how far along in the game you are i guess. I saving all my magic fruit too but if i had to choose between using them for the fruit trade or the energy id pick the energy. I also always have 99 of anything u can harvest because harvesting also gives you good coins. When i have nothing to harvest i do carrots just for the coins.

jptheripper
01-25-14, 10:12 AM
Hopefully this means a pet troll rather than just diminishing our troll appearance rate for an upcoming story arc where we need lots of trolls to appear.
I am enjoying the new none time limited updates, but how about making these level dependant whilst adding new levels.
They do not adjust monster appearance rates,

jptheripper
01-25-14, 10:17 AM
This is a really dumb idea. 5 gems just to spawn a single monster? At least it's optional, I will never ever buy these traps (except to finish the quest). MAYBE if the traps were 1 gem each, then I might consider it. But these monsters spawn readily enough, why should anyone ever spend gems? Of course now TL will drop the spawn rate to force people to buy gems.
TL does not adjust spawn rates

BriarAvenue
01-25-14, 10:18 AM
They do not adjust monster appearance rates,

But my experience, at least, tells a different story.
Unless, it's like the neighbors' hearts, once it was collected by others
then the next one visiting won't hv any more.
So at the time of quest when more than one players is collecting,
the one after the item was collected then won't hv any.
That may be the explanation.

Queenzod
01-25-14, 10:21 AM
If your considering the energy lost from harvesting the strawberrys Nd bulbs to get 15 energy in return i understand your point but you also get money when you harvest so its not so terrible. Plus a trade ticket with the 15 energy id just think its better to get energy instead of fruits that are so easily obtained but as TL said the lower level players cant get trees easily so it all depends on how far along in the game you are i guess. I saving all my magic fruit too but if i had to choose between using them for the fruit trade or the energy id pick the energy. I also always have 99 of anything u can harvest because harvesting also gives you good coins. When i have nothing to harvest i do carrots just for the coins.

I do understand your point but if you have lots of coins (I have over 6 million) there's no reason. I did do the trade in the early days of playing cos I needed any kind of energy boost. For me now, theres no reason to. :)

jptheripper
01-25-14, 10:27 AM
I'm saving magic fruit now as well. Before I needed the trade tickets however I could get them, now I need the fruit more

pixieblob
01-25-14, 10:49 AM
What stage are u up to for that quest? Didn't prompt you for the magic garden?
You need to collect from magic garden twice, which means 2 days before moving on the next.

No that's my point, I'm not at any stage as the new update ones haven't started at all for me (apart from the monster traps which I've completed)

meme1098
01-25-14, 01:08 PM
TL does not adjust spawn rates

They may not adjust the spawn rates but I'll bet you it's coded in to lower as certain things happen. Because drop rates are much lower as the item is required for whatever reason. When no requirements are evident then you can't turn around w/o accumulating what you once were trying to get.

BriarAvenue
01-25-14, 02:28 PM
No that's my point, I'm not at any stage as the new update ones haven't started at all for me (apart from the monster traps which I've completed)

I see. Did you try force close the game or delete n reinstall again?
If that doesn't help, then maybe you need to email the support team.
It looks like this quest does not hv any level requirement except you need those buildings in place
oe else you need to skip with gems, ouch!

wassupbaby
01-25-14, 02:45 PM
geez ... let me count .... ehhh... i have 17 fruit trees , all from adventures , half of the trees are in my inventory. I collect from glimmer bat habitat once in a while just to see the bat :( and now you give me more fruit ? thanks but no thanks !

SenseiNJ
01-25-14, 04:09 PM
The monster traps seem like a nice idea, but at 5 gems a piece I don't think I'll use them. if they were reusable rather than single use, then it'd be better. How about making them similar to crafting buildings? We can use materials to lure the monsters out (like planting bait in the traps) then giving a collection time. Upon collection, it'll trigger the monster to appear.
For example:
Skunkpine trap : Plant 5 corn + 5 wheat + 5 sugar cane as bait, and collect after 1 hour.
Fangbeast: Plant 5 bacon + 5 roast chicken + 5 prime cuts as bait, and collect after 2 hours.
But if they were made reusable, then more than likely the price would be more expensive than they are now.

sabbywabbys
01-25-14, 06:02 PM
I do understand your point but if you have lots of coins (I have over 6 million) there's no reason. I did do the trade in the early days of playing cos I needed any kind of energy boost. For me now, theres no reason to. :)

Im interested in visiting your kingdom. Is your id Queenzod?

CLOVERKAITO
01-25-14, 07:44 PM
geez ... let me count .... ehhh... i have 17 fruit trees , all from adventures , half of the trees are in my inventory. I collect from glimmer bat habitat once in a while just to see the bat :( and now you give me more fruit ? thanks but no thanks !

Nice, I have been playing since June, almost every day, and the only fruit tree I have received was the orange tree which is pretty useless (stopped collecting from it ages ago). The bat habitat and sir piggy had been my source of other fruits right now. The drop rate for these things sure is uneven. It also took me over 20 wheats chop to get one skunkupine to pop up, while collecting from my 6 cows all at once almost always guarantee the fangbeast showing up (soooo annoying). Ever since that friendly skunkupine quest popped up, I have only ****ed off 11 of them. My fangs and bones are maxed out all the time but can't do the trade to get rid of them since I don't have enough troll horns for the trade. This is very annoying...

zoo123g
01-26-14, 01:30 AM
this quest was easy. i love this game so much :)

rosym47
01-26-14, 05:16 AM
Just completed the fruit quest and received strawberries, oranges and a golden apple. Yeh!

minndom
01-26-14, 05:47 AM
I got golden apple when visiting Magic Garden for the 2nd time in this quest line. Was this just coincidence for me or has it happened to anyone else too?

scarletdragon18
01-26-14, 12:23 PM
Just wondering what level do you have to be for the fruit crate trade goal to start? I'm on level 25 and haven't seen it yet, although I've completed the other one.

pixieblob
01-27-14, 03:27 PM
Just wondering what level do you have to be for the fruit crate trade goal to start? I'm on level 25 and haven't seen it yet, although I've completed the other one.

I'm still waiting for it too. I tried force closing and resarting phone etc but it's still not there.

scarletdragon18
01-27-14, 05:03 PM
I'm still waiting for it too. I tried force closing and resarting phone etc but it's still not there.

It pops up at level 26, finally got it yesterday. :)

craterlake
01-27-14, 07:44 PM
This week was very easy - finished the whole thing 2 days ago and now have zero outstanding quests. So will someone answer the question - Is TL going to run the whole Valentines thread for those of us who started after Feb last year.

BriarAvenue
01-27-14, 10:38 PM
This week was very easy - finished the whole thing 2 days ago and now have zero outstanding quests. So will someone answer the question - Is TL going to run the whole Valentines thread for those of us who started after Feb last year.
Perhaps you saw the answer by now. If not, pls check post #64, 68 &72 in the Look into February thread.

pixieblob
01-28-14, 12:46 AM
It pops up at level 26, finally got it yesterday. :)

ah thank you. I'll be level 25 by the end of the day so not too much longer to wait I hope.

craterlake
01-28-14, 11:54 AM
Perhaps you saw the answer by now. If not, pls check post #64, 68 &72 in the Look into February thread.
Thanks for that I normally just check the Thursday updates so missed it entirely. I'll start clicking next thread from now on

AuntyRose32
01-29-14, 12:42 PM
I don't really need the extra fruit, so I'm not sure if I should deplete some of my resources to complete this quest line or not? Any suggestions or advice, maybe there's something I'm missing here?

MayaRomeo
01-31-14, 07:28 PM
Has there been an update for this week 29/01/14

meme1098
01-31-14, 07:46 PM
Go back a page and check the thread update 1/30/14

dave8459
02-12-14, 05:43 AM
I did the fruit trade the first time. I received a golden apple and tons of other fruit. Just did it the second time and got 3 apples. 3 apples for all the stuff that it takes to do this trade? Are you kidding me!?!

Aggwynn
02-12-14, 11:56 AM
Be sure to complete this chain guys =) Mythic Essence is discovered in this chain

kudukuda
02-12-14, 12:31 PM

I completed this a while ago and dont remember getting any mythic essence. And i dont have any in my inventory. Nor do i see a reward of such in post 2 of this thread. Am i missing something? Thanks

avidbeader
02-12-14, 12:52 PM
I completed this a while ago and dont remember getting any mythic essence. And i dont have any in my inventory. Nor do i see a reward of such in post 2 of this thread. Am i missing something? Thanks

You can craft it in the workshop.

dizzy7373
02-12-14, 01:05 PM
You can craft it in the workshop.

potion shop :)

manu90ela
02-12-14, 01:07 PM
I thought mythic essence is dicovered in the adamant questline? Because I completed this one and I can't craft mythic essence anywhere??:confused:

dizzy7373
02-12-14, 01:11 PM
mythic essence is unlocked from the adamant quest line, it can then be crafted in the potion shop,

If you scroll down it lists enchanters, then lumin and then mythic

manu90ela
02-12-14, 02:17 PM
Ok but why did aggwynn write it in this thread then? Which is about the fruit crate trade questline?

rachmac07
02-13-14, 10:02 AM
I completed this quest line and I have NO option anywhere for mythic essence. Only quest I didn't complete though was the Adamant one.

What does it have to do with this quest line?

manu90ela
02-13-14, 10:10 AM
Don't understand that either.....

NorthWoodsKingdom
03-02-14, 01:34 PM
Seeking advice from the older players....

I asked this on the thread for the Fruit Crate Trade Upgrade but it's hidden in game guides & no one is seeing it, so I'm asking here in a new thread that's more visible...
Mods, once answered, please merge with that thread or delete this one altogether. Thanks.

I just hit level 26 & "Micro Managing" popped up. Reading through the whole thread for that update (1/23/14), I see the end result opens a fruit trade with the farmers that wants my precious magic fruit along w/truffles & mushrooms. I'm thinking I will probably never do that trade (even tho I currently need the trade tickets for tinker camp & expansions)... And it seems after visiting all these buildings in micro managing (two of which I still don't have cuz they cost too much), a picnic opens that wants a lot of my stashed items...sheesh.

All to open a trade that I'm unsure I'll ever do cuz it wants magic fruit in exchange for reg fruit!?
So, old players.... Ever do this trade much? Is it worth going through the entire quest to open the trade or should I just ignore Micro Managing & let it sit in my quest book? .... Thoughts?

Ps Was it ever determined why Aggwynn mentioned mythic essence in that thread?..is it related to that quest line?
This is the thread I am referencing:
http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?64488-Castle-Story-Update-01-23-014-Fruit-Crate-Trade-Monster-Traps

LadyLolepere
03-02-14, 01:57 PM
I'm currently in the final stages of micro-managing...just because it seems that once you build these things something else may open up in which you need the building. I'm running out of space for any more buildings though. I have NEVER completed the builders caravan because I need those items myself, thus the quest just sits there

NorthWoodsKingdom
03-02-14, 02:00 PM
I'm currently in the final stages of micro-managing...just because it seems that once you build these things something else may open up in which you need the building. I'm running out of space for any more buildings though. I have NEVER completed the builders caravan because I need those items myself, thus the quest just sits there
It doesn't open up a building tho, it opens up a fruit trade in the royal exchange...

I fiiiiiiinally finished the builders caravan lol...got the rich windbag caravan...finished it, got 20 gems. Cooking one is still sitting in my book tho...

tollerach
03-02-14, 02:03 PM
Hey NWK,

I know that the fruit trade doesn't look very useful. I do agree that since it also uses magic fruit, it kinda duplicates what the glimmerbulb trade does. I have used this trade because I tend to accumulate mushrooms and truffles without even trying, so I did have max of these for a while. The crop trade needs 60 strawberries and I don't usually have spare strawberries lying around, so I do grow them specifically for that trade.

So all in all I'm saying, the trade is slightly useful, but not very. You're not missing out on much, but if you don't have anything else to do, you might as well. So yeah, I'd agree with ignoring it for a while.

ciarjen
03-02-14, 02:30 PM
Seeking advice from the older players....

I asked this on the thread for the Fruit Crate Trade Upgrade but it's hidden in game guides & no one is seeing it, so I'm asking here in a new thread that's more visible...
Mods, once answered, please merge with that thread or delete this one altogether. Thanks.

I just hit level 26 & "Micro Managing" popped up. Reading through the whole thread for that update (1/23/14), I see the end result opens a fruit trade with the farmers that wants my precious magic fruit along w/truffles & mushrooms. I'm thinking I will probably never do that trade (even tho I currently need the trade tickets for tinker camp & expansions)... And it seems after visiting all these buildings in micro managing (two of which I still don't have cuz they cost too much), a picnic opens that wants a lot of my stashed items...sheesh.

All to open a trade that I'm unsure I'll ever do cuz it wants magic fruit in exchange for reg fruit!?
So, old players.... Ever do this trade much? Is it worth going through the entire quest to open the trade or should I just ignore Micro Managing & let it sit in my quest book? .... Thoughts?

Ps Was it ever determined why Aggwynn mentioned mythic essence in that thread?..is it related to that quest line?
This is the thread I am referencing:
http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?64488-Castle-Story-Update-01-23-014-Fruit-Crate-Trade-Monster-Traps

Before you upgrade you get a trade ticket and 5 energy for exchanging 25 strawberries and 5 sugar. Once it has upgraded you need 60 strawberries, glimmerbulbs and magic fruit to get a trade ticket and 15 energy (I think, can't see mine at the moment to check).

You need lots of trade tickets to open up the tinker camp and for expansions. Harvesting 60 strawberries alone stops me doing the fruit trade now. It's not worth using that amount of energy for a trade ticket. So make the most of the current fruit trade you have to get tickets fairly easily.

tigarlilyvol
03-02-14, 02:35 PM
I finished it used once, my problem is I don't want to let go of magic fruit because the last time I was low along came a quest that required them in large quantities and I only get 1 a day

NorthWoodsKingdom
03-02-14, 02:35 PM
Before you upgrade you get a trade ticket and 5 energy for exchanging 25 strawberries and 5 sugar. Once it has upgraded you need 60 strawberries, glimmerbulbs and magic fruit to get a trade ticket and 15 energy (I think, can't see mine at the moment to check).

You need lots of trade tickets to open up the tinker camp and for expansions. Harvesting 60 strawberries alone stops me doing the fruit trade now. It's not worth using that amount of energy for a trade ticket. So make the most of the current fruit trade you have to get tickets fairly easily.

I'm not talking about that fruit trade... I've already upgraded to the strawberry/glimmer bulb/magic fruit trade there (sadly) ... This one is about the fruit trade with the FARMERS

NorthWoodsKingdom
03-02-14, 02:37 PM
I finished it used once, my problem is I don't wart to let go of magic fruit because the last time I was low along came a quest that required them in large quantities and I only get 1 a day

That is EXACTLY what I suspected!!, ...I now have 15 magic fruit, I think (got to magic garden 15 days ago) & had a feeling those lil once/day fruits would be needed for something more important, which is why I haven't used any in the other fruit trade, for energy.

Good. To. Know. .... Thanks!! :)

NorthWoodsKingdom
03-02-14, 02:38 PM
Hey NWK,

I know that the fruit trade doesn't look very useful. I do agree that since it also uses magic fruit, it kinda duplicates what the glimmerbulb trade does. I have used this trade because I tend to accumulate mushrooms and truffles without even trying, so I did have max of these for a while. The crop trade needs 60 strawberries and I don't usually have spare strawberries lying around, so I do grow them specifically for that trade.

So all in all I'm saying, the trade is slightly useful, but not very. You're not missing out on much, but if you don't have anything else to do, you might as well. So yeah, I'd agree with ignoring it for a while.

Ohhhhh, I have plenty to do right now lol ....PLENTY!!!

Good advice & thanks, I'm convinced, not messing with Micro Managing...not falling for the baron's tricks THIS time, muwahahaha! Lol

tigarlilyvol
03-02-14, 02:39 PM
I'm not talking about that fruit trade... I've already upgraded to the strawberry/glimmer bulb/magic fruit trade there (sadly) ... This one is about the fruit trade with the FARMERS

No it's not used much wait until you are tired of looking at the goal setting in your box starring at you each time you check to see how much more is to be done.

NorthWoodsKingdom
03-02-14, 02:48 PM
No it's not used much wait until you are tired of looking at the goal setting in your box starring at you each time you check to see how much more is to be done.

LOL!!! ...yeah, that's prolly what I'll do lol...get to the point where everything is done and only thing staring me in the face is Micro Managing and Cooking Caravan ..and I'll do em just cuz I'm bored lol .... But let's hope new updates and new levels and new expansions and and and keep on coming from TL so we NEVER get bored! (One can hope, right?) lol ;)

Thanks to everybody. *thumbs up*

pixieblob
03-02-14, 03:43 PM
Mine has been sitting in my quest bok since I go to level 26 but I've not had the buildings to be able to complete it. I'm just now getting to building the last one I need (amphitheatre) and will go ahead and do the trade once it's built just to get the quest ticked off. I tend to grow other crops rather than strawberries so at least the magic fruits will be used.

cpabae
03-04-15, 09:17 AM
So the "micro managing" quest just showed up in my log today. It seems like it should have some sort of back-and-forth between me and the Baron, but...I got nuthin'. I know this is really trivial, but I enjoy the little discussions before the quests. Does anyone know what it said (or IF it said anything)? This has happened to me several times recently...no fun back-and-forth...just something randomly showing up in my log like I should already know it's there. It doesn't even say "new."