PDA

View Full Version : What to build next?

PookieBear50
01-21-14, 07:55 PM
I finally saved up enough to purchase the Candle Maker (55,000), but in the meantime I've also leveled up and now the Jelly Maker is available (74,000). Should I keep saving up for the Jelly Maker, or just go ahead and get the Candle Maker? I'm now receiving orders with products from both...I've also been fortunate in that all the Beeswax and Honey I put in the Side Shop sells quickly, but that may be because other people need those for either or both of their own Candle and Jelly Makers.

Which of the two would potentially earn me more and get me back the coins needed to purchase the other?

Thanks in advance for any advice offered.

GameOfFarms
01-22-14, 05:47 AM
It's either or, for me! The candle maker uses 3 beeswax and 1 wool for each plain candle (plus, lemon candle uses lemons, purple candle uses blackberries). I sometimes runout of beeswax due to the slow collection rate of the hive. Which is why everyone would snap up any beeswax you sold! Sell rate of candles is pretty good though.

The jelly maker uses 1 honey, herbs and apples for the apple jelly, and 2 honey and blackberries for the blackberry jelly. (I've only got 2 sorts of jelly at level 36, not sure if there is any others). I generally have enough of the honey pots and don't have a problem with keeping enough stock. Again, the jelly sells well in the newspaper.

So really, either of them is going to be a good investment. If you get the candle maker you just need to be frugal with your beeswax. If you get the jelly maker, you need to be careful with your herbs (again, the collection rate is abysmally slow!).

minidemon88
01-23-14, 10:53 AM
There's also the orange jelly but you need 3 honey(can't remember the rest) and the peanut jelly(need some peanut, honey is not needed.) Actually it sound funny calling them jelly. Since it look more like fruit jam. :p

mamareader02
01-23-14, 11:24 AM
I didn't really use the jelly maker until peanut butter became an option,now it works non stop making grape jelly and peanut butter ,those pb and j sandwiches make a decent pile of coins in my shop

PookieBear50
01-23-14, 02:16 PM
Between a glut of excess juices and kitchen goods (due to having my Dairy, Chocolatier, and Deep Fryer occupied with turning out items for my two most recent train orders) and a warehouse overstuffed with unfilled (but profitable? 5 of 8 at 300+ coins) orders, I've been selling out my Side Shop almost immediately, so I decided I might as well save up and keep going for the Jelly Maker.

Um, what level do peanuts become available? And I'm still trying to save up for the blackberry bushes as well. And with my luck, by the time I can afford the Jelly Maker, the next crafting machine/building will become available, and I'll still be saving.

GameOfFarms
01-23-14, 08:30 PM
The peanuts just became available to me at level 37, although I haven't got anything to use them with yet??? The orange jam/jelly was level 37 too.