PDA

View Full Version : What do you spend your gems on?

Tip__Mee
01-20-14, 11:20 AM
Do you buy coins or use them to decorate? I have 112 would it be a waste to spend it on coins? Thanks for your opinions :)

igames4me
01-20-14, 11:25 AM
I waste them on decor when a nice lto offer comes on on gamble on a box that has decor I want

Neverrrr on coins since coins you can earn faster than gems

bobbyrae
01-20-14, 11:32 AM
I have, unfortunately, spent gems to buy coins. More than once. Not intentionally. Never intentionally.

Perhaps you may want to spend it on an expansion, if you are not yet fully expanded? Or on an additional appliance slot...or a limited time offer. But just be very careful whatever you do. 112 gems is a lot of gems to accidentally spend.

lilkeeks
01-20-14, 01:45 PM
Up unto this point, I have only used gems on display items...mostly limited edition items. However, I have two expansions to go so I am now considering expanding with gems

ElaineCarrel
01-20-14, 03:49 PM
I would definitely spend them on expanding! I don't know how anyone will ever be able 2 save enough coins 4 the last 3-4 expansions and still have coins 2 play the game.

filochick1982
01-20-14, 04:14 PM
I've spent a small fortune on this game buying gems (usually buy the 580 gem package) and have used them to expand my bakery, gamble on boxes, and buy gem decor, tiles and wallpaper. I guess I am Team Lava's ideal customer. Now if only they listened to my suggestions!

mergirl96
01-20-14, 04:19 PM
Do you buy coins or use them to decorate? I have 112 would it be a waste to spend it on coins? Thanks for your opinions :)

Just so you know, you're not supposed to post your gem amount on here, for your security. If a moderator doesn't fix it for you, you should edit it out. To answer your question, I'd use them to expand or buy cute decorations.

zZ_guera_Zz
01-20-14, 05:49 PM
I use them to buy unique tiles, wallpapers, and tables at first. After I decorated to my heart's content, I started using gems to change my name bec I didn't know what else to do with them, lol.
I've only just done the 6m expansion. I wouldn't use gems to expand bec I only plan on doing maybe one more expansion, so I doubt it will be that expensive. Both coins and gems are so easily earned in this game that I wouldnt use gems to buy coins, Id just serve higher profit recipes to make more money.

cozyreader13
01-20-14, 07:33 PM
I have bought the last two 40 gem expansion because I knew I would not be willing to spend 80 gems to expand so I figured might as well get 2 expansions for the price of one so I can have more room. Now to expand I will need to use coins. After wasting gems on quite a few boxes and getting nothing too exciting in return, I have become a gem hoarder, saving them for future LTO items or weekly update items

matchbox222
01-20-14, 07:59 PM
Speeding up food

igames4me
01-20-14, 08:38 PM
Speeding up food

Really? Why?
Don't you have counters of filled with food?

Wow I didn't know people actually did that on purpose

cozyreader13
01-20-14, 10:47 PM
Speeding up food

Wow... Seems like a waste

shanapiv
01-21-14, 12:07 AM
Some decorations, a few expansions...I agree with PP I won't be spending 80 of them once I get that high though. It's easier to spend 40 gems than multiple multiple millions...

filochick1982
01-21-14, 12:42 AM
I spent the 80 gems on the last expansion plus whatever the gems were for the two previous ones. That was almost 2 years ago. I don't miss them. Once you get used to spending a large amount of gems in this game, it stops becoming too much of a big deal. At least that's what it's been like for me.

bobbyrae
01-21-14, 07:32 AM
Speeding up food

I used to do that too. Now i sometimes spend them on stuff i don't need...or even want. :rolleyes:

MsBrookeNicole
01-21-14, 07:47 AM
Aside from accidental spending to complete all my dishes, I only spend my gems on decor. I'm still at the point where expansions are relatively cheap (next is 4 mil) so I don't see the point in spending gems on expansions yet-though I might later when the expansions get crazy expensive.

I have splurged on boxes twice, and might do so again if I like everything in the box.

hiralhg
01-21-14, 08:48 AM
I used gems 2 to 3 times on my 40 gems expansion... Now i use them on decor... I dont use them on boxes as i have no luck with them ...

Tip__Mee
01-21-14, 10:50 AM
Alllright, thanks guys:)! Just going to keep saving them.

marianagresta
01-21-14, 01:03 PM
Decoration!

matchbox222
01-21-14, 09:25 PM
Wow... Seems like a waste

I'm a busy person so I don't check on bakery story that much so I speed it up with gems (plus the prices are reasonable so I spend my gems on it) :rolleyes:

matchbox222
01-21-14, 09:26 PM
Really? Why?
Don't you have counters of filled with food?

Wow I didn't know people actually did that on purpose

No my counters are empty most of the time

bobbyrae
01-22-14, 06:49 AM
No my counters are empty most of the time

Wow...what is your secret to having empty counters? Enquiring minds do want to know! :p

xoxjenn
01-22-14, 09:56 PM
My counters are ALWAYS empty, too. Lol.
Can't keep up!

But I spend my gems on boxes!
Sometimes I regret it, though. Lol.

OsmiumDragon
01-23-14, 08:06 PM
Can you get gems without buying them or *****ing? I accidentally spent nearly all my gems to finish baking sugar cookies.

matchbox222
01-23-14, 08:11 PM
Can you get gems without buying them or *****ing? I accidentally spent nearly all my gems to finish baking sugar cookies.

You can also get them from when you get a goal about downloading a game and completing badges

bdocc
12-28-14, 02:33 PM
I don't understand why someone would speed up their food with gems when the purpose of the game is actually to make food. THis is only my opinion and some people may find speeding up food useful.

staciessuperzoo
12-31-14, 06:30 AM
I have, unfortunately, spent gems to buy coins. More than once. Not intentionally. Never intentionally. .

Me too...and I friggin HATE it...Happened to me ALL THE TIME when I first started playing... Ive been much more attentive when I have low coins now because thats when it happened..

Now its happening in Castle Story...(which I hate b.t.w)