PDA

View Full Version : When do you discard an order?

iggychic
01-18-14, 11:02 AM
I mean aside from the ones asking for items you don't even have the ability to fill (alpaca?)

I have been discarding the ridiculous ones. I'm level 44 and don't fill any orders below 100 stars ever. I also discard almost every order with stones or rubies in them because they are so impossibly low in value and they're too hard to get. I normally do the same with herbs (though I'm sitting on 50 now so maybe I'd fill them, but they're too low in cost).

I'm just curious what other people don't fill? I tend to fill orders when I want to level up (like now to get to 45 and earn the toy shop) otherwise I just sell to make money. But when I'm in the mood to fill them I hate to see them full of cheap values asking for things that are hard to come by :(

mamareader02
01-18-14, 11:04 AM
I mean aside from the ones asking for items you don't even have the ability to fill (alpaca?)

I have been discarding the ridiculous ones. I'm level 44 and don't fill any orders below 100 stars ever. I also discard almost every order with stones or rubies in them because they are so impossibly low in value and they're too hard to get. I normally do the same with herbs (though I'm sitting on 50 now so maybe I'd fill them, but they're too low in cost).

I'm just curious what other people don't fill? I tend to fill orders when I want to level up (like now to get to 45 and earn the toy shop) otherwise I just sell to make money. But when I'm in the mood to fill them I hate to see them full of cheap values asking for things that are hard to come by :(

I'm almost to toy shop level too,so I'm doing more orders,same as you,I discard the ones that require hard items,those I sell

PookieBear50
01-18-14, 01:21 PM
I discard orders, as you say, when they request items I cannot make (at this point, jewelry) or include items that are too difficult to obtain quickly (like ore, silver, gold, or rubies) or to make due to the lack of materials or tools to obtain the materials (e.g., belts or buttons). I also discard the orders that aren't worth it financially relative to the time invested in producing/harvesting/making the order components--like those asking for 2 baked potatoes, 2 sticks of butter, 1 catfish sandwich, 2 flour, and 2 beeswax (or whatever the order consists of) for only about 125 coins. That's a lot of time for so little money.

Generally speaking, though, if an order is worth enough (350+ coins), even if it contains items I cannot quite produce yet but which I am close to being able to produce, I will keep it. For example, right now I have an order for 2 candles and 2 buttons, for 402 stars and 443 coins. I will also keep orders, even if they aren't quite as profitable, if I am close to fulfilling them...right now, I have an order that requires 2 gold nuggets, but I already have everything else on hand...I just need to wait on receiving more picks and/or shovels.

Anything else, though, is fair game for being discarded if something a lot better shows up, including a "duplicate order" that is more profitable (like two orders for 2 buttons...I discarded the one that was worth fewer coins).