PDA

View Full Version : Tips&Tricks?

jesoftngentle
01-17-14, 05:08 PM
Does anyone have any useful tips or tricks they would like to share? Pls let me know, I am all ears

shambalaya
01-18-14, 11:37 AM
I think your question is a bit too general, anything in specific you're thinking about?

Castloninian
01-18-14, 12:09 PM
Not quite sure what you mean but when I started playing I focused on expanding to interesting areas as soon as possible. So I had Thurston, magic garden etc well before I was a level 30. Only now am I taking the time and resources to expand to squares without anything on it.

angela3737
01-18-14, 12:50 PM
Save your gems to get 1 of each fruit tree..it will help down the road for many quests ... ( you can get them from random rare drops from adventures ...after 1 year of playing I only got 2 lemon trees..no apple or orange from adventure ).. You will get free gems eventually from adventures and Also promos they do do download other games ..also..get sir pig ASAP ....but you will need golden apple from apple tree or magic garden...

Queenzod
01-18-14, 01:13 PM
I remember when I first started how overwhelming it was b/c of all the goals. So focus on one or two at a time. Get the basic buildings up and running, like the workshops, forge, kitchens, etc. That way you'll have a good, steady stream of resources coming in regularly. Do the goals but try not to do too much at one time. Expand when you can to allow for more neato buildings.

Also, and this is just my preference, I don't like to see all those flags telling me I must collect! Now! It makes me nervous. So I put away everything that I can't collect from in a timely fashion so I can collect pretty regularly and keep my stocks up. It may be great to have 20 chickens, but if you never collect from them because youre busy chopping and hauling, you're not going to have any eggs. I'd rather have four chickens that I get to every half hour.

Energy is the number one thing that you're going to be short on, and it can get kinda frustrating. Take your time. This isn't a race and it's meant to be enjoyable. Some people here have been playing for well over a year and their kingdoms still need work. Mine included.

Oh, and a touch of OCD kinda helps. :)

CottageRose
01-18-14, 03:08 PM
I have been playing for a little over a year, and I still work on my kingdom all the time ... buildings, landscaping, forestry... :)

carolinarain
01-19-14, 12:46 AM
SORRY IN ADVANCE THAT THIS GOT SO LONG...I've been playing for just about 2 years now? A long time! One of my biggest tips is that I always try to keep stuff cooking/crafting/building. I try to stock up on everything, because you never know when you're going to need it, and with this game it seems like once you need it its impossible to get it. I found 3 neighbors that I exchange Earth Wisps with daily (those are always a valuable commodity) so I think it's a great idea to find 3 people that you can keep trading with daily. Keep in touch, that way if your needs change to something specific (say glimmerdust or silver) you can tell them, and have them send that instead. I send my knights out on daily quests. I alternate between "Hunt Roaming Bandits" and "Explore Dark Caves" the most because those are the two I find easiest to keep up with. I try to keep 5 of each spicy feast, and hearty feast as well as 10 lumin essences and 25 longswords in my inventory at all times. This isn't too difficult, I can make a spicy feast in one day and I can usually make 2 or 3 hearty feasts depending on what my bread stock is. I have a lot of chickens and cows, I collect from them more than anything else in my kingdom because I use the Royal Exchange all day long to get the Meat Delivery as many times as I can. Its awesome because it usually gives out pretty awesome cooking ingredients, which cut down on my kitchen crafting time. Having a sock of feasts is useful for days when I forget to make something, or when a timed opportunity comes up that requires dropping everything and fulfilling tasks as quickly as possible. It's always nice to not be held behind and be able to do something right away because you had things put away. Even if the task doesn't require sending knights on quests, if it needs 10 loaves of bread, I won't have to worry that I can't send my knights out for two days because my kitchens are tied up. :D Knights = crafting objects, coins, rare drops (I got my royal cow, royal pig, three black sheep, two white cows, two black cows, and three black pigs ALL from knight quest drops; not to mention countless decorations that I usually end up selling because I just don't have the space, along with tons of fruit trees, dark cave formations, alicorn parts (I have 5 alicorns and all of them were crafted in the Love Shack). Knights also = gems. Sure its usually only 2 or 3 but once in a while its 5 and if you get that a few times a week it starts to add up! Trust me when Team Lava says there are ways to get everything without spending money, they mean it. I've spent gems on a few things (my dragon, for one BECAUSE I THINK I'LL NEVER GET THAT DARN BURNING EMBER) but they really are good about dropping things and I think that's cool. It's part of what's kept me interested in this game for so long. I'm trying to think of more tips...if you're starting out and need to make money, crops are a good way to do it. Some of them are higher yielding like strawberries. Plant, pick, then plant some more. Even if you have no use for the berries, the coins make it worth it. Never let your energy go to waste, there's always something to do with it. I remember a quest coming along that gives you an option to double what comes out of ponds and wells, do that because its really helpful. Mermaid scales are hard to come by sometimes and they're always needed. Be careful when trading with the Baron. He'll take a lot of useful stuff, so go slow if you can. Give him a little a time, don't do it all at once. Don't be in a rush to complete a goal if there isn't a time clock on it. If its not timed, there's no rush and then you won't deplete all your resources trying to get it done. Hopefully some of this was helpful, I know I just wrote a novel, but honestly I'm happy to answer questions or help anyone any time. If you have a specific question feel free to ask or post on my wall I'll try to help however I can!

girufel
01-19-14, 01:09 AM
Wow, that was really interesting. I'll buy some more cows right away.

BriarAvenue
01-19-14, 01:54 PM
Beware of gem traps, especially if you play on iPhone.
Don't click so fast when you collect or check time remaining to collect.
Then you can still have chance to avoid losing gems by tap on another spot on the screen.

tabbiesmom
01-20-14, 03:26 PM
How do I get the lotion shop?

wswau
01-20-14, 11:54 PM
Advice: Just remember that this is only a game, don't get upset or anything... have fun!:D

MiniLaura
01-21-14, 10:48 AM
How do I get the lotion shop?
If you mean the potion shop, you have to follow Ivy's quest line. (Expand to the "tree lady" to start that quest line.)

doobievilla
01-21-14, 11:15 AM
Lotion Shop Giggity . To get the option shop you need to expand to Tree Lady or otherwise known as Ivy. Upper left corner of starting kingdom

marse66
01-21-14, 03:06 PM
SORRY IN ADVANCE THAT THIS GOT SO LONG...I've been playing for just about 2 years now? A long time! One of my biggest tips is that I always try to keep stuff cooking/crafting/building. I try to stock up on everything, because you never know when you're going to need it, and with this game it seems like once you need it its impossible to get it. I found 3 neighbors that I exchange Earth Wisps with daily (those are always a valuable commodity) so I think it's a great idea to find 3 people that you can keep trading with daily. Keep in touch, that way if your needs change to something specific (say glimmerdust or silver) you can tell them, and have them send that instead. I send my knights out on daily quests. I alternate between "Hunt Roaming Bandits" and "Explore Dark Caves" the most because those are the two I find easiest to keep up with. I try to keep 5 of each spicy feast, and hearty feast as well as 10 lumin essences and 25 longswords in my inventory at all times. This isn't too difficult, I can make a spicy feast in one day and I can usually make 2 or 3 hearty feasts depending on what my bread stock is. I have a lot of chickens and cows, I collect from them more than anything else in my kingdom because I use the Royal Exchange all day long to get the Meat Delivery as many times as I can. Its awesome because it usually gives out pretty awesome cooking ingredients, which cut down on my kitchen crafting time. Having a sock of feasts is useful for days when I forget to make something, or when a timed opportunity comes up that requires dropping everything and fulfilling tasks as quickly as possible. It's always nice to not be held behind and be able to do something right away because you had things put away. Even if the task doesn't require sending knights on quests, if it needs 10 loaves of bread, I won't have to worry that I can't send my knights out for two days because my kitchens are tied up. :D Knights = crafting objects, coins, rare drops (I got my royal cow, royal pig, three black sheep, two white cows, two black cows, and three black pigs ALL from knight quest drops; not to mention countless decorations that I usually end up selling because I just don't have the space, along with tons of fruit trees, dark cave formations, alicorn parts (I have 5 alicorns and all of them were crafted in the Love Shack). Knights also = gems. Sure its usually only 2 or 3 but once in a while its 5 and if you get that a few times a week it starts to add up! Trust me when Team Lava says there are ways to get everything without spending money, they mean it. I've spent gems on a few things (my dragon, for one BECAUSE I THINK I'LL NEVER GET THAT DARN BURNING EMBER) but they really are good about dropping things and I think that's cool. It's part of what's kept me interested in this game for so long. I'm trying to think of more tips...if you're starting out and need to make money, crops are a good way to do it. Some of them are higher yielding like strawberries. Plant, pick, then plant some more. Even if you have no use for the berries, the coins make it worth it. Never let your energy go to waste, there's always something to do with it. I remember a quest coming along that gives you an option to double what comes out of ponds and wells, do that because its really helpful. Mermaid scales are hard to come by sometimes and they're always needed. Be careful when trading with the Baron. He'll take a lot of useful stuff, so go slow if you can. Give him a little a time, don't do it all at once. Don't be in a rush to complete a goal if there isn't a time clock on it. If its not timed, there's no rush and then you won't deplete all your resources trying to get it done. Hopefully some of this was helpful, I know I just wrote a novel, but honestly I'm happy to answer questions or help anyone any time. If you have a specific question feel free to ask or post on my wall I'll try to help however I can!

I've been playing for about a year and agree with all of your tips... I do the same and it works.. Would like to add a couple of tips of my own... For example if you need fish and mermaid scales but maxed out on water.. Find so,etching that you can craft using water then when you collect from the wells for other supplies then you will also get water... If your maxed out on wood then craft something using wood and you will also get other supplies that you need when collecting from the wood shop... Save your gems until you have to use them... Be patient...

jesoftngentle
01-21-14, 04:40 PM
I have some neighbors that post some of their strategies for playing, and I have learned some useful information. I thought it would be fun to have a thread where people can come and share information. I wish I had the Valentine Version- I don't understand how I have a different version.

georgiagirl2686
01-21-14, 07:48 PM

I see all the time on the forum where people suggest to ask your friends for certain items such as jewels (which I REALLY need!!!). How do I ask my neighbors for a certain item?

meme1098
01-21-14, 07:49 PM
Leave a message on their wall.

stormie29
01-22-14, 02:45 PM
grow wheat and craft flour. you need flour for so many items in the kitchen. i always run out. and craft earth wisps, and lanterns used for expanding, and other items and quests.

midnightmeerkat
01-22-14, 02:53 PM
I have some neighbors that post some of their strategies for playing, and I have learned some useful information. I thought it would be fun to have a thread where people can come and share information. I wish I had the Valentine Version- I don't understand how I have a different version.

The valentine update as from last valentines - hopefully they will bring back the love shack this year (for those who didn't get the chance to get it) as well as giving new stuff for this years valentines.

buildmt
01-24-14, 02:01 PM
carolinarain - This was GREAT!!!!! Thank you for taking the time to explain all of this! Very, very helpful. :)

doobievilla
01-24-14, 04:40 PM
Line up things so they are easy to harvest / collect. This can be done and still have a nice layout. Look at how your higher neighbors are doing it. Also remember the EDIT button is a Energy saver. If you notice a miss tap then hit Edit and it will cancel all taps that didn't register. Unless you have Pinpoint accuracy of E.T.'s index finger get a Stylus. And above all first thing is in your own personal Workshop (brain) build some patience-or would that be Potion Shop? )). Your Kingdom does not have a number on the side and is not racing to a Checkered Flag.

carolinarain
01-24-14, 09:31 PM
carolinarain - This was GREAT!!!!! Thank you for taking the time to explain all of this! Very, very helpful. :)

Absolutely happy to help any time!

marse66
01-25-14, 08:44 AM
I decided to start crafting and cooking as much as I can... I used to try and max out on wood, stone, pedals, fruit, veggies etc.. And wait for an update to see what would be needed to craft or cook things, but now... I've decided to craft and cook as much as I can in between while keeping an eye on my inventory... I start with making 5 of each item then add 1 at a time... This will allow me to have much more in inventory and my other resources keep replenishing by collecting or planting...

Sorcha_Sarama
01-25-14, 02:06 PM
Carolinarain - Just reading through threads and wanted to thank you for all this wonderful info!!! I sent you a neighbor request - My kingdom is Lissandia. I would LOVE to be in your earth wisp sharing rotation if you have room!!! I've been playing about a month now and am enjoying it tremendously!

Gabi2111
01-26-14, 01:36 PM
Thank you so much for your tips carolinarain. That was really helpful

isiskertezc
01-26-14, 06:38 PM
Before you buy and place a new building, come on the forums and see what building materials you will need so that you don't end up with an ugly construction site in your kingdom for a long time. I started doing this because one time I had three ugly construction sites sitting around for three months while I was collecting the materials for them.

Also, if its taking a long time for your character to walk around and complete actions, click a bunch of actions at once, then go to menu>social>then exit the menu. Your actions will have been instantly completed.

kooky panda
01-26-14, 06:55 PM
Another way to speed up your actions: Grab your notification screen at the top of your device and pull it down then back up, and all actions of your character that you are waiting on will complete.

shambalaya
01-27-14, 08:05 PM
I speed up my actions by pressing the home button and then entering the game again immediately.
I've developed a fondness for seeing all the coins, stars, crops and crafted things flying all over the place as the game autocompletes 30 or so actions all at once :-)

3Dolphin2013
01-28-14, 06:56 AM
Carolinarain do you remember which quest doubles items? Not sure if I have done this one already lol :)

carolinarain
02-03-14, 02:23 AM
Carolinarain do you remember which quest doubles items? Not sure if I have done this one already lol :)

Hmmmm....oh boy this was a while ago. Does anyone else remember the name of this one? It gives you 2 waters on each collect from a pond or well and a higher chance for fish and mermaid scales.

faeriedust
02-03-14, 03:26 AM
Hmmmm....oh boy this was a while ago. Does anyone else remember the name of this one? It gives you 2 waters on each collect from a pond or well and a higher chance for fish and mermaid scales.

The first shard quest from the Tablet of Tabernum: Aquifer Research or something similar.

marse66
02-03-14, 03:46 AM
I have over 300 trade tickets and continue to craft more using milk and eggs... Might need them for expansions... Had well over 200 the last time we expanded and used them all up.

kooky panda
02-03-14, 11:49 AM
Here is a list of the shard rewards

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?41680-Knowledge-Shard&p=479721&viewfull=1#post479721

carolinarain
02-05-14, 03:48 AM
I have over 300 trade tickets and continue to craft more using milk and eggs... Might need them for expansions... Had well over 200 the last time we expanded and used them all up.

How can you have over 300? The max quantity of anything in this game is 99...:confused:

carolinarain
02-05-14, 03:49 AM
The first shard quest from the Tablet of Tabernum: Aquifer Research or something similar.

YES! THATS THE ONE!

Here is a list of the shard rewards

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?41680-Knowledge-Shard&p=479721&viewfull=1#post479721

Thank you! My memory was just not cooperating on that!

3Dolphin2013
02-08-14, 03:44 AM

It doesn't sound familiar. And again maybe it does lol I'm confused now!
Hopefully I didn't do this quest yet.
(If someone knows which quest we're talking about please post) :)

SpiritWind00
02-08-14, 05:43 AM
How can you have over 300? The max quantity of anything in this game is 99...:confused:

This is the only thing you can more than 99 of. It's the best thing ever!

carolinarain
02-14-14, 02:02 AM
It doesn't sound familiar. And again maybe it does lol I'm confused now!
Hopefully I didn't do this quest yet.
(If someone knows which quest we're talking about please post) :)

It was posted right above you! Knowledge shard: Aquifiers!

maguar
02-14-14, 04:47 PM
This is the only thing you can more than 99 of. It's the best thing ever!

Well technically you can go over the limit on other items. Examples - if you've for 98 wood beams and you craft three more at the same time (two workshops and the tinker camp) you'll go over. Or you could have 98 of something like iron ore, have your neighbours end you some, don't accept the gifts straightaway, mine and get another's e and then accept your gifts. Oh and if you do a feed the baron quest you'll still get the item even if you're maxed.