PDA

View Full Version : Emoji Display on Android

Tony1Cafe
01-17-14, 09:17 AM
I am running an Android device.
It has long been a frustration of mine that I can't see the names of some bakeries or what they post on my wall when they use Emoji's.
This problem is now much worse than when I first started playing the game after all the subsequent game updates.
Upon realizing that the latest version of Android, KitKat, now supports Apple compatible Emoji's I lost no time in upgrading only to find that the new device and operating system made no difference to the way Emoji's are treated in Bakery Story seemingly due to the Android version of the code not supporting them.
Is there an update planned to add Emoji support in the Android version of the game?

violet0220
04-07-14, 11:10 PM
Yes please! Half of the time I can't read what a neighbor posted on my wall cuz I'm using an android phone.

n35513w
04-08-14, 01:13 PM
I feel your pain...lol

sally_brown
04-08-14, 08:49 PM
I've told people I can't read emoji, and usually that keeps them from using them for a couple days but then they go back. I can't really blame them. I don't expect them to be able to keep track of who can read them and who can't. But it's still annoying.

sugarmilkppm
04-15-14, 12:44 PM
Would love to see updated emoji support for Androids. More and more of my neighbors have upgraded from pretty old Android devices to brand new ones & now have access to emoji but still can't see it in-game until TL supports it.

Eric1343
04-16-14, 01:28 PM
It will be great :)

zeldashepard
05-02-14, 11:18 AM
A quick solution that I've found to this problem is by playing BS Christmas 2012 version. For some reason, that one DOES support emoji and my android tablet displays them just fine.

Tony1Cafe
06-07-14, 12:30 AM
A quick solution that I've found to this problem is by playing BS Christmas 2012 version. For some reason, that one DOES support emoji and my android tablet displays them just fine.

How do you get bakery Christmas 2012? Is it downloadable somewhere?

geordieprogman
06-07-14, 01:08 AM
Yes it is. You can get quite a few of the older versions. We aren't allowed to say where from but if you do a search on the forum it should be there somewhere. If not then send me a pm.

Tony1Cafe
07-24-14, 05:59 AM
Yes it is. You can get quite a few of the older versions. We aren't allowed to say where from but if you do a search on the forum it should be there somewhere. If not then send me a pm.

Was able to download and works perfectly thanks. So frustrating that they downgraded the program and haven't added the functionality back with the new updates.