PDA

View Full Version : Answered No fortune teller goal

mrosmeows
01-17-14, 12:49 AM
I bought this months ago and only got two fortunes from it and now the new goal won't start. And I've collected at least a half dozen times since it was posted last week it said it would start after two. I was excited about having a goal since I only got two fortunes. Now it won't work either it's frustrating especially since I paid gems for the thing

maguar
01-17-14, 02:28 AM
You'll only get the next fortune when you finish the previous one. You can tell you've finished it because they'll be some dialogue.

These are the current fortunes:
Bountiful wheat harvest: Wheat harvests are temporarily doubled.
Hidden sparkle of wealth and bounty: 5 gems from the Talinum Auranticm flower (plant that has three yellow flowers on it.)
Skunkupine that laid the golden egg: Skunkupines drop eggs until one drops a golden egg (no more eggs after that)
Wisdom by the water: spark-takular fortune - 10 mermaid scales. Has to be from pond and not wells
Something unexpected from a tree: Dead trees drop oranges, lemons, and apples
Collect from cottage: cottage is booby trapped - get 1 enchanted block
Bags of glimmerdust: A red mushroom circle gives 10 glimmerdust bags
Precious metal: chop a fern patch to receive 1 mithril
Someone is after you: collect from a farmhouse to receive an enchanted beam
Extra sweet: collect from a market for 5 sugar
Luminous meeting: Collect from Magic Garden for 5 magic fruit
Smellovision: Collect from Troll Pit for 5 Troll Essence's
Another bad fortune: Collect from Old Thomas House for 2 Mysterious Venoms
Jokes between two ferns: Chop a fern to get 5 gems
Being a real hero: Collect from theater to get swords (unsure how many)

Do the actions required starting from the top until you get the dialogue. Eg harvest wheat (if you're not getting 2 wheat for each harvest you've already done it. Then collect from the yellow flower (if you don't get gems you've already done it) etc

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?57458-Update-8-23-2013-Fortune-Teller

QueenCarolyn
01-18-14, 07:33 PM
You'll only get the next fortune when you finish the previous one. You can tell you've finished it because they'll be some dialogue.

These are the current fortunes:
Bountiful wheat harvest: Wheat harvests are temporarily doubled.
Hidden sparkle of wealth and bounty: 5 gems from the Talinum Auranticm flower (plant that has three yellow flowers on it.)
Skunkupine that laid the golden egg: Skunkupines drop eggs until one drops a golden egg (no more eggs after that)
Wisdom by the water: spark-takular fortune - 10 mermaid scales. Has to be from pond and not wells
Something unexpected from a tree: Dead trees drop oranges, lemons, and apples
Collect from cottage: cottage is booby trapped - get 1 enchanted block
Bags of glimmerdust: A red mushroom circle gives 10 glimmerdust bags
Precious metal: chop a fern patch to receive 1 mithril
Someone is after you: collect from a farmhouse to receive an enchanted beam
Extra sweet: collect from a market for 5 sugar
Luminous meeting: Collect from Magic Garden for 5 magic fruit
Smellovision: Collect from Troll Pit for 5 Troll Essence's
Another bad fortune: Collect from Old Thomas House for 2 Mysterious Venoms
Jokes between two ferns: Chop a fern to get 5 gems
Being a real hero: Collect from theater to get swords (unsure how many)

Do the actions required starting from the top until you get the dialogue. Eg harvest wheat (if you're not getting 2 wheat for each harvest you've already done it. Then collect from the yellow flower (if you don't get gems you've already done it) etc

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?57458-Update-8-23-2013-Fortune-Teller

I haven't had a Fortune Teller goal in ages. I am possibly on the cottage collections, because I don't remember doing that. But I don't remember getting that quest either. I wish there was an open goal that would tell us where we were.

maguar
01-19-14, 02:39 AM
I've put in a request to see if there is a way to easy get this info in game.

hatton2
01-19-14, 10:35 AM
I've put in a request to see if there is a way to easy get this info in game.

I am having the same problem no goal and I've checked more than a dozen times and I don't have a goal I'm working on for it????

maguar
01-19-14, 03:42 PM
You won't see the goal in the goal book as its separate to that.

Follow these steps till you hit a dialogue scene. You'll then be up to a stage where the next fortune will start triggering

Harvest wheat - if you get two per harvest keep going til you get the popup
Collect from yellow flower - if you don't get gems move on
Skunkupine - if skunkupines drop eggs keep going til you get a golden egg
Pond - collect from pond if you don't get popup with 10 mermaid scales move one
Dead trees - if you chop them and get fruit keep going til you get the popup
Cottage - collect to see if you get enchanted block otherwise move on
Mushroom - collect from red mushroom circle if you don't get a popup with 10 Glimmerdust move on
Fern - chop if you don't get mithril move on
Farmhouse - collect from farmhouse if you don't get an enchanted beam move on
Market - collect from market if you do t get sugar move on

If you've gotten though all of those without triggering popups you're up to the new fortunes

Magic garden - 5 magic fruit or move on
Troll pit - troll essence or move on
Old Thomas - mysterious venom or move on
Fern - gems or move on
Theatre - swords (I think this might be the last at the moment)

DrP4ever
01-21-14, 01:25 AM
I finished the Skunkupines golden egg but nothing since. I've collected from the ponds and nothing. I've chopped dead trees and only have received flowers. It would be nice if this was in our goal book not just random things you need to come to the forum for.

mrosmeows
01-21-14, 02:38 AM
I finished the Skunkupines golden egg but nothing since. I've collected from the ponds and nothing. I've chopped dead trees and only have received flowers. It would be nice if this was in our goal book not just random things you need to come to the forum for.

Same here I finished these and never got another. How do I prompt them... I got the wheat my skunk laid an golden egg then nothing! I said hmmm checked here and saw the dead tree thing. Chopped one down got fruit.... That I don't need they're all at 99 and who has extra kitchen time to make the pies for the gem trade. Anyhow never ever got another fortune. My dead trees still give fruit. I chopped down at-least four. Didn't move on. Forgot about it wrote it off as a frequent tea lava ripoff then they say there's going to be a new goal and I can't have it cuz I didn't finish the fortunes? They stopped coming its so frustrating especially since us long term players help teamlavas new ones People want to keep playing when they see how huge my kingdom is and a lot of my neighbors have been with me since day one. Their kingdoms kick my kingdoms ass and I get compliments and invites from new players all the time. I try to help me out like sending glimmer dust to those trying to build Ivys hut(you guys remember how horrible that was!?). And the new goals require you to spend gems because of time restrictions or just don't work. Ugh I'm just disgusted

maguar
01-21-14, 03:52 AM
If you only to the gold egg recently then you'll need to collect from the tent a couple of times to trigger the next one.

If you're still getting fruit from the dead tree you'll need to cut more till you get the popup.

DrP4ever
01-21-14, 02:22 PM
I collect from the Fortune teller every time I can and keep going back to the ponds and dead trees. I'll keep trying I guess.

DrP4ever
01-22-14, 05:43 PM
Two more collections and nothing new. Don't know what to do. Last time I received anything was the golden egg from the skunkupines.

mrosmeows
01-22-14, 10:59 PM
I've cut down atleast a dozen dead trees and still has not prompted a new goal and I collect from it every day

PikaSquirrel
01-23-14, 03:42 PM
Thank you for your feedback. We are working on a way to help you keep track of which Fortune you are currently on! :)

Nashanal
02-13-14, 03:01 AM
I've had the fortune teller tent for months and never had anything but coins and xp points from it. How do you get the fortune goals to start?

PikaSquirrel
02-13-14, 12:06 PM
This means you're currently on a Fortune that you haven't finished yet. You can follow the list that maguar posted in the first page of this thread. Keep going through the tasks until a dialog shows up with the new Fortune.

Nashanal
02-13-14, 01:30 PM
I just hit a dead tree and lemons came out so I guess I'm up to that one! Thanks for the tips. :)

brdwybaby
02-28-14, 03:38 PM
But shouldn't you get dialogue prompting the FIRST fortune (the wheat) the very first time you collect from your building? I collected from it for the first time last night and nothing happened.

maguar
02-28-14, 05:23 PM
It can take a couple of collections before you get a fortune.

brdwybaby
02-28-14, 06:50 PM
It can take a couple of collections before you get a fortune.

Ah ha! Thanks!!