PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story: Update 01/16/2014 Pet Skunkupine

Pages : [1] 2

MiniLaura
01-16-14, 01:12 PM
Ivy wants a Pet Skunkupine!
(Must have Thurston's Fort completed and be at level 19+ to access this questline.) -Pikasquirrel

Edit(KP)- Known drops from pet skunkupine
Coins, XPs, Fur, Rat Tail, Corn, Wheat, Sugar Cane, Tomatoes, Creeptooth, a skunkpine will show up.

Goal 1: A Friendly Skunkupine
Find a friendly skunkupine (fight off 20 skunkupines, pink ones count)

A friendly skunkupine
Find a friendly skunkupine 0/20 (defeat 20 regular skunkupines)

Really Didn't mean to
Ask Old Thomas 0/1
Ask the Actors 0/1 (visit theater)
Ask the Stable Masters 0/1
Ask the Hatchery 0/1
Ask the Librarians 0/1
Ask the Merchants 0/1

How can you be so heartless?
Offer 500,000 coins 0/1 (pay 500,000 coins)

A Thurston Foundation
Virit Thurston 0/3

Daddy Thurston
Give some Water 0/60
Give some Milk 0/30
Give some Mushrooms 0/60
Give some Apples 0/30
Give some Oranges 0/30
Give some Wool 0/30

Obedience Training
Give some Hide 0/60
Give some Jewels 0/20
Give some Iron Ore 0/40
Give some Enchanter's Essence 0/3
Train Baby Skunkupine 0/1 (Visit Conservatory)

Gnawed Out
Check the Wheat Fields 0/50 (Collect from Wheat Fields)
Check the Flowers 0/50 (Collect from Flowers)
Check the Aspen Trees 0/25 (Chop from trees)

^^^^

For flowers, go for the regular ones. When I collected from my valentine flowers they didn't count.

You can't sit with us
Ask the Neighbors for Ointment 0/50 (ask neighbors)

A spoonful of Syrup
Give Syrup 0/10
Give Strawberries 0/50
Give Magic Fruit 0/10

Young, Wild, and Free
Party at the Tavern 0/2 (Visit Tavern)

After all this you get a brown/white skunkupine, works like a farm animal that you can collect from every hour and drops things like sugar canes, corn, rat tails, etc

MiniLaura
01-16-14, 01:12 PM
Edit(KP) Extra Information

Hey folks, I was out with strep throat last week so unfortunately wasn't able to keep up with the forums.

Reading through, I see that there's a lot of concern about Skunkupine spawn rates.

Just want to clarify that we did not change the Skunkupine spawn rate at all for this questline, and in fact haven't changed it in over a year. If you're still struggling, Skunkupines drop off Corn, Wheat, Tomatoes, Sugar Cane, some flowers, and Aspen Trees, all at the same rate.

Lovecupines have a slightly higher (1%) chance to drop than Skunkupines off last year's Valentine items.

Best of luck everyone :)

Lovely Skunkupine

katbtodd
01-16-14, 01:14 PM
Will pink skunkipines count

vednir
01-16-14, 01:17 PM
Will pink skunkipines count

Yes, lovecupines count.

katbtodd
01-16-14, 01:23 PM
Yes, lovecupines count.

Thanks

mcscrapper
01-16-14, 01:26 PM
How do I attract them? I've been busy making hot sauce for the dark caves adventure, and it takes a LONG time for one to show up so I can get the tail! I've tried harvesting wheat, sugar cane & tomatoes. I've tended to my flowers. If one pops up, I'm lucky! Help? :-)

MiniLaura
01-16-14, 01:27 PM
How do I attract them? I've been busy making hot sauce for the dark caves adventure, and it takes a LONG time for one to show up so I can get the tail! I've tried harvesting wheat, sugar cane & tomatoes. I've tended to my flowers. If one pops up, I'm lucky! Help? :-)

I'm planting corn like crazy. I've gotten 4 to show up so far in 45 corn harvests.

mcscrapper
01-16-14, 01:30 PM
I will try corn! Thx!

tigarlilyvol
01-16-14, 01:35 PM
I have planted corn and collect from flowers then corn then flowers,etc. so far I have 5

girufel
01-16-14, 01:43 PM
I have planted corn and collect from flowers then corn then flowers,etc. so far I have 5

How many gave rat tails? Mine are always tail-less.

my607
01-16-14, 01:43 PM
What happens after collecting from all these buildings?

jaytrek25
01-16-14, 02:40 PM
500,000?!?!?!?! Wow. Guess it's time to turn up the gold production.....

craterlake
01-16-14, 02:48 PM
As it is now only 4 weeks till Valentines, are there any plans to rerun the various Valentines quests. I started in May/June and would love a chance to get some Alicorn.

sabbywabbys
01-16-14, 02:56 PM
Um 500 000 for what exactly!? I mean what is gained by the end of this?!

BriarAvenue
01-16-14, 03:03 PM

Good question. I thought this week's quest was meant to be more accessible for newbies.
But $500,000 coins is awlful lot given that they need coins to expand n purchase bldgs etc. etc.

cad33
01-16-14, 03:07 PM
As it is now only 4 weeks till Valentines, are there any plans to rerun the various Valentines quests. I started in May/June and would love a chance to get some Alicorn.

Ditto.

As to the $$$; $$$ is probably the easiest part. You just have to make choices as to expansions, buildings or quests.

maguar
01-16-14, 03:13 PM

At the end youll get a pet skunkupine and from what the staff hinted at during the week it will be a cute and more reliable source of rat tails.

meme1098
01-16-14, 03:15 PM

See the first post. You offer 500k to adopt the baby skunkupine

No ones gotten to the end yet so no clue, except for Maguar's post stating a source for rat tails.

mamareader02
Only one skunkupine,really a loveupine,tending flowers and corn and tomatoes,and only got that one?!

kooky panda
If you have any pink items in storage( Fluttermush rings, plants, flowers, chickens , cows, etc, Spire of Love) bring these out. These will attract the pink skunkupines.

Petasos
01-16-14, 03:17 PM
Wow, suddenly my normally Skunkupine infested Kingdom is completey void of the little creatures. Funny how when you need a resource it becomes non-existent.

mamareader02
01-16-14, 03:27 PM
If you have any pink items in storage( Fluttermush rings, plants, flowers, chickens , cows, etc, Spire of Love) bring these out. These will attract the pink skunkupines.

I never put mine in storage,now just slowly walking through my love garden,just chillin,trying to egg one on

rabsos
01-16-14, 04:35 PM

I've been planting wheat I know it's 2 hours but I got 6 in 30 wheats...!

meme1098
01-16-14, 04:37 PM
I get better results from wheat, too. Corn doesn't seem to work very good for me in attracting skunkupines. I have a bunch of flutter mush, 1 pink sheep and 1 pink pig but have only gotten 1 from them so far.

rosewaterlily
01-16-14, 05:20 PM
Somehow I haven't attracted a single skunkpine since this quest started! Nothing from wheat, white flowers, pink animals, tomatoes. I have a large batch of sugar cane up for collection soon, hopefully I'll get something.

kooky panda
01-16-14, 06:01 PM
Somehow I haven't attracted a single skunkpine since this quest started! Nothing from wheat, white flowers, pink animals, tomatoes. I have a large batch of sugar cane up for collection soon, hopefully I'll get something.
Corn seems to working for me.

(also make sure you do not have another monster out .)

craterlake
01-16-14, 06:03 PM
I,very done corn and wheat, got 6 skunkpines but only one rats tail. Very frustrating

mikado86
01-16-14, 06:11 PM
A friendly skunkupine
Find a friendly skunkupine 0/20 (defeat 20 regular skunkupines)

Really Didn't mean to
Ask Old Thomas 0/1
Ask the Actors 0/1 (visit theater)
Ask the Stable Masters 0/1
Ask the Hatchery 0/1
Ask the Librarians 0/1
Ask the Merchants 0/1

How can you be so heartless?
Offer 500,000 coins 0/1 (pay 500,000 coins)

A Thurston Foundation
Virit Thurston 0/3

Daddy Thurston
Give some Water 0/60
Give some Milk 0/30
Give some Mushrooms 0/60
Give some Apples 0/30
Give some Oranges 0/30
Give some Wool 0/30

Obedience Training
Give some Hide 0/60
Give some Jewels 0/20
Give some Ore 0/40
Give some Enchanter's Essence 0/3
Train Baby Skunkupine 0/1 (Visit Conservatory)

Gnawed Out

You can't sit with us

A spoonful of Syrup
Give Syrup 0/10
Give Strawberries 0/50
Give Magic Fruit 0/10

Young, Wild, and Free
Party at the Tavern 0/2 (Visit Tavern)

After all this you get a brown/white skunkupine, works like a farm animal, collecting from him is 4 hours colddown and drops things like sugar canes, corn, rat tails, etc

my607
01-16-14, 06:49 PM
It says give some ores. Is that silver or iron ore?

1Murphy1
01-16-14, 07:59 PM
I needed rat tails before the upgrade at noon, since 4 am I have been doing everything that would produce multiple skunkupines,( for rat tails)Planted numerous corn , wheat and sugar, and harvested numerous times, did all my flowers. Under normal circumstances, which you change according to your payrol. I got 1 skunkupine. team lava needs to not change everything just so they can offer a gem sale!! Before I would have been frustrated by the over abundance of these creatures. but now with the disappearance they want me to buy gems? Stop being so greedy team lava... I buy gems but not by being tricked . Just come out and charge for this new adventure. And stop tweeking things to ***** loyal players!!!

mikado86
01-16-14, 08:00 PM
It says give some ores. Is that silver or iron ore?
Iron Ore

1Murphy1
01-16-14, 08:01 PM
I needed rat tails before the upgrade at noon, since 4 am I have been doing everything that would produce multiple skunkupines,( for rat tails)Planted numerous corn , wheat and sugar, and harvested numerous times, did all my flowers. Under normal circumstances, which you change according to your payrol. I got 1 skunkupine. team lava needs to not change everything just so they can offer a gem sale!! Before I would have been frustrated by the over abundance of these creatures. but now with the disappearance they want me to buy gems? Stop being so greedy team lava... I buy gems but not by being tricked . Just come out and charge for this new adventure. And stop tweeking things to ***** loyal players!!!

I also meant to ask, did any other players notice the lack of these, when you didn't need them, they were in over abundance.

my607
01-16-14, 08:34 PM
Just curious at the end of the goal it says chop 25 trees. Does Valentine trees count?

BriarAvenue
01-16-14, 08:50 PM
Same here. All a sudden they've gone from scarce to extinct.

aimeeq
01-16-14, 08:55 PM
I have been trying to do the adamant quest and begging for them to come out. I finished that today and have gotten 6 today, including a couple of lovecupines. Those seem to draw them out more. I'm trying to use red and white petals like crazy

my607
01-16-14, 08:56 PM
Never mind about the tree. I just realize it said Aspen tree. Thanks anyway

professorcharizard
01-16-14, 09:11 PM

Players have brought this up before, but Mods have insisted that they don't modify the chances of the appearance of monsters, rare drops, etc, for the new updates. At least be thankful it's not a timed update like the holiday buildings and stuff.

craterlake
01-16-14, 09:16 PM
Come on TL. 35 wheat - one skunkpine and then it didn't even drop a rats tail

newzealander
01-16-14, 09:30 PM
20 wheat, 10 sugar, 15 corn, and 24 flowers watered. 3 rats tails. This is going to take a huge amount of energy; I'm putting all other projects on hold for now because at this rate it's going to be a long one, but at least it's not timed, so it's do-able!

Petasos
01-16-14, 09:48 PM
60 corn, 25 flowers of different colors, not one skunkupine. I have 99 tails, they were regular in my kingdom prior to the patch, now not one in sight. Without a doubt the spawn rate has changed. And I agree with the previous poster, it is to get us to skip the goal and spend gems.

newzealander
01-16-14, 10:43 PM
60 corn, 25 flowers of different colors, not one skunkupine. I have 99 tails, they were regular in my kingdom prior to the patch, now not one in sight. Without a doubt the spawn rate has changed. And I agree with the previous poster, it is to get us to skip the goal and spend gems.

if I understand you correctly, the problem could be that you are already maxed out on tails. If you already have 99, you won't be able to collect any more until you spend some as 99 is the max you can hold. Perhaps make some hot sauce?

QueenCarolyn
01-16-14, 10:44 PM
I have been harvesting corn and flowers and valentine animals for 12 hours and I've only gotten 2 skunkupines. I usually get a lot more than this.

Queenzod
01-16-14, 10:55 PM
No one is forcing anyone to use gems. This isn't a time sensitive goal. You can take your time. If you get bothered by how long it's taking, you're welcome to use gems. Eventually you're going to get all the little critters you need. Personally, I'm planting and harvesting corn I don't need. I've made as many grits as I can without decimating my bacon stocks. This isn't a race. You can work on this until next new year if you like. I don't get what all the pilikia is about.

eastie41
01-16-14, 11:07 PM
Hi Folks!

Just wanted to report that I seem to be doing good with getting skunkupines to appear by collecting from all flowers, and from harvesting corn. Actually, they seem to be appearing more than usual....or maybe it seems that way.

Good Luck to Everyone! Have fun! :cool:

Neiara
01-17-14, 01:41 AM
I don't even have the goal for the skunkpines. I've rebooted my device several times now as we'll. still nothing :( have also deleted the game and then re-installed. Still nothing

rosym47
01-17-14, 02:17 AM
I like this sort of quest because I can just let it roll along with just a bit of planting, planning and luck. But .... if Ivy is having a pet then Thurston should have a horse. Not any old horse but a HORSE with gold trimmed harness and shoes made of a really rare mineral.

kaif8770
01-17-14, 02:28 AM
I really like your idea rosym47. A unicorn would be perfect.

marse66
01-17-14, 03:28 AM
Is it 25 aspen trees or chop the aspen trees 25 times?

stourwalk
01-17-14, 03:36 AM
Do the goals show up in Kingdom Goals as per other quests?

I had the Royal Proclamation screen pop up, but then nothing then about what to do? Are there any special requirements to get things started?

Cheers!

JayUK69
01-17-14, 04:40 AM
Love the fact it drops rat tails. I don't get many of these as I'm usually maxed out on petals, corn, wheat etc... So don't do anything which attracts them. I'm not having many show up at the moment, but as it's not a timed quest it doesn't matter.

vitriolicheart
01-17-14, 05:52 AM
Oh dear, we need jewels for some of this. I am stupidly short on Jewels!

manu90ela
01-17-14, 06:21 AM
At least the friendly skunkupine is not a random drop! ;)

aldalin
01-17-14, 08:31 AM
You can't sit with us

Awesome Mean Girls reference! Thanks, TL! :D

Petasos
01-17-14, 08:41 AM
if I understand you correctly, the problem could be that you are already maxed out on tails. If you already have 99, you won't be able to collect any more until you spend some as 99 is the max you can hold. Perhaps make some hot sauce?

I do not care about tails, I want 20 Skunkupines to complete the first part of the quest and now they are not showing up. Well to be fair I have gotten a couple, just not what I am used too. Maybe I am imagining the whole thing.

girufel
01-17-14, 09:02 AM
Players have brought this up before, but Mods have insisted that they don't modify the chances of the appearance of monsters, rare drops, etc, for the new updates. At least be thankful it's not a timed update like the holiday buildings and stuff.

I've caught 6 skunkupines since the beginning of this quest. That's not bad. But non of them dropped a rat tail. NONE. They are supposed to have a 50% chance of dropping a tail. Something wrong with my maths?

AuntyRose32
01-17-14, 09:03 AM
I love this quest, looking forward to having the little critter in my Kingdom. I appreciate that it's not a timed quest so I can take my sweet old time with it, thanks TL.

@ rosym47, I love your suggestion for Thurston to have a horse, I've always wanted a horse for him, fingers crossed TL will make this a future goal.

meme1098
01-17-14, 09:13 AM
Well, my skunkupines have gone extinct since early yesterday. I got a troll tapping my pink shrooms ..?? What the heck???:confused: Since when does a troll pop from shrooms?

I'll just keep trudging along and hope for the best but as usual mostly get the worst.:(

cherriesx
01-17-14, 09:14 AM
I don't even have the goal for the skunkpines. I've rebooted my device several times now as we'll. still nothing :( have also deleted the game and then re-installed. Still nothing

Me too! I got the notification screen for the quest...but the quest doesn't show up in my log! How can I participate?? I want a pet skunkypop.

meme1098
01-17-14, 09:16 AM
Maybe it triggers if you're at a certain level? IDK

gdmcrjunkie
01-17-14, 09:18 AM
When was the last time I had so much trouble with energy shortage? Can't even do energy trades, I'm out of meat and strawberries. All the waiting for visiting Thurston is trying my patience but at least I can use the time to get everything ready and save up some energy.

Liloze
01-17-14, 09:50 AM
Until now I only saw two skunkupines!
I am depleting my energy on flowers and crops to avail, and did anyone get EGGS yes EGGS fron the skunkupine, I am not getting tails, And NO I do not have 99 tails since I am also trying to up grade the Fairies' building,sending them on the Dark caves Adventure!

Anyway since it is not a time Goal, I will take my time!
I do not have the Valentine edition which makes the skunkupine chances of availability Higher to those who's got it, totally unjust and unfair towards those who don't !

MiniLaura
01-17-14, 09:58 AM
did anyone get EGGS yes EGGS fron the skunkupine
You must be on the fortune about the skunkupine that laid the golden egg. They will stop dropping eggs once you get a golden one.

Liloze
01-17-14, 10:00 AM
I also meant to ask, did any other players notice the lack of these, when you didn't need them, they were in over abundance.

Same here! TL denies changing anything, but I kept a count before starting the skunkupine quest, and yes they desappear, I am keeping count of the Fang beast and Troll also,just to see the when another goal starts, and we need these do, how many times they will appear or rather disappear once the goal is started! Now Every other cow pig or chicken I collect from A fangbeast is there, every two buildings sometimes every other building the troll is there, also cocoa, i will wait and see when we need them for a new goal.

Liloze
01-17-14, 10:06 AM
You must be on the fortune about the skunkupine that laid the golden egg. They will stop dropping eggs once you get a golden one.

I did not get the Fortune pop up "Ivy monologue" like the wheat ! Strange! But anyway if you say so...Though the timing couldn't be worse for me, lol

kooky panda
01-17-14, 10:17 AM

Me too! I got the notification screen for the quest...but the quest doesn't show up in my log! How can I participate?? I want a pet skunkypop.
Are you both playing the most current version of the regular game?
I will see if there are any level requirements (or past goals that need to completed) before you get this goal.

ciarjen
01-17-14, 10:31 AM
I will see if there are any level requirements (or past goals that need to completed) before you get this goal.

My quest arrived 14 hours after this thread was posted and I had forced closed, turned off the device and had been playing actively during that time.

I am in the UK and got the quest a couple of hours after the day reset at 10am here. I'm just glad it is not a timed quest as I get those later too.

wildhearts20
01-17-14, 10:39 AM
My skunkupines are still showing up like they were before the update. I just think people pay attention more when they need them. I've always gotten more fangbreasts then anything else.
But I did notice that once I had the fairy quest my jeweler building stopped dropping jewels, and it's still not.

JayUK69
01-17-14, 10:51 AM
I've had 15 show up so far, that's with not doing much else apart from constantly collecting from flowers and collecting corn.

PikaSquirrel
01-17-14, 11:27 AM
You'll need to have Thurston's Fort completed and be on level 19+ in order to access the Pet Skunkupine questline. Thanks!

Castloninian
01-17-14, 11:50 AM
I've had 15 show up so far, that's with not doing much else apart from constantly collecting from flowers and collecting corn.

Will skunkupines appear when harvesting corn even if you are maxed? I am maxed on corn so have been going for wheat and sugar. They take longer to grow but I find it easier to keep those below max and sugar and flour are more useful to me.

JayUK69
01-17-14, 12:34 PM
Will skunkupines appear when harvesting corn even if you are maxed? I am maxed on corn so have been going for wheat and sugar. They take longer to grow but I find it easier to keep those below max and sugar and flour are more useful to me.

Yes they still show up, although it seems at a lower rate. I'm maxed out on corn, but getting on average one skunkupine per 25 corn. I tend flowers too and I'm maxed out on all petals, but they still show up.

Castloninian
01-17-14, 12:45 PM
Yes they still show up, although it seems at a lower rate. I'm maxed out on corn, but getting on average one skunkupine per 25 corn. I tend flowers too and I'm maxed out on all petals, but they still show up.

Thanks

Neiara
01-17-14, 01:25 PM

I am at-least. I even deleted and re-installed the game.

Im only level 22. But the post don't state any level requirements and I did get that notifications while starting the game about the event started. So kinda confused. And I only have 4 goals in my log ATM. Caravans, certificate and that new big mine

kooky panda
01-17-14, 03:03 PM
I am at-least. I even deleted and re-installed the game.

Im only level 22. But the post don't state any level requirements and I did get that notifications while starting the game about the event started. So kinda confused. And I only have 4 goals in my log ATM. Caravans, certificate and that new big mine

You'll need to have Thurston's Fort (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?40538-The-legendary-sword-Excalibam-Thurston&p=463697&viewfull=1#post463697)completed .

gdmcrjunkie
01-17-14, 03:31 PM
Gnawed Out

For flowers, go for the regular ones. When I collected from my valentine flowers they didn't count.

JayUK69
01-17-14, 03:37 PM
Had my final few skunkupines appear earlier, shame most never dropped any tails. Just have to collect from Thurston twice more to continue.

fino212
01-17-14, 04:49 PM
I like this sort of quest because I can just let it roll along with just a bit of planting, planning and luck. But .... if Ivy is having a pet then Thurston should have a horse. Not any old horse but a HORSE with gold trimmed harness and shoes made of a really rare mineral.

Thurston has already got a pet horse though - the alicorn! If you remember we went on the quest for the alicorn parts initially to get Thurston a fine rare steed and as a result my alicorn now lives outside Thurstons fort at all times

jptheripper
01-17-14, 04:49 PM
Same here, although I got a lot of tails

craterlake
01-17-14, 05:06 PM
Come on 42 wheat in one go and not a single Skunkupine. And you expect us to believe that drop rates aren't being adjusted. I'm not going to spend any gems on this but hey this is simply ridiculous. You make us waste time and energy for no result - why.

Just followed that up with 18 corn. That now makes 60 crops in two goes and not a single Skunkupine.

I've also watered maybe 60 flowers in lots of 6 without a single Skunkupine. This has simply become a joke. Why give us a quest and then make it virtually impossible to complete it.

I also not that at least the last 6 visits to Ivy's hut haven't produced a single rats tail

letf8b
01-17-14, 05:32 PM
For some reason I had gotten To the part of goal where u pay 500, then go to thurs tons then I signed off when I went back on I was back to pay 500, so I had to pay twice. That wasn't cool but I'm still looking forward to pet skunkupine.

Aggwynn
01-17-14, 06:06 PM
Hi All,

We want to remind everyone again that we DO NOT adjust drop rates. Thank you for letting us know of your experiences, we will keep it in mind when designing future content.

jptheripper
01-17-14, 06:08 PM
@craterlake. Are you sure you dont have a monster hiding somewhere? I remember collecting like 40 crops once hoping for a fangbeast only to realize I had a troll trapped on the other side of the kingdom (I play with sound off)

craterlake
01-17-14, 08:00 PM
@craterlake. Are you sure you dont have a monster hiding somewhere? I remember collecting like 40 crops once hoping for a fangbeast only to realize I had a troll trapped on the other side of the kingdom (I play with sound off)

No, I've been collecting milk and eggs as well and keep on having to **** fang beasts.

cloudsail
01-17-14, 08:41 PM
It's a chance thing, sometimes you just get unlucky. When this quest first came online yesterday I was having decent luck with collecting from pink items for lovecupines. Ever since this morning I haven't seen a single lovecupine, even though I continue to collect from pink items. I got two skunkupines in a row collecting from sugar cane once and none after a whole bunch of corn. It's just the luck of the draw.

rosewaterlily
01-17-14, 09:35 PM
I got a grand total of three skunkpines so far, none today, despite whole wheat and sugar cane fields being harvested. Those fangbeasts and trolls are still popping up reguarly though when I do my other collections though, sheesh. I used to get skunkpines frequently when I collected from white flowers, now nothing.

craterlake
01-17-14, 10:15 PM
Now just picked 48 Sugar cane. Directly after ****ing a Fang beast. 48 cane no Skunkupine. That's now over 100 crops - wheat, corn and cane without a single Skunkupine. In the past 24 hours heaps of fang beasts but no Skunkupine. Something is definitely wrong.

craterlake
01-17-14, 10:47 PM
Finally got a Skunkupine after 15 corn. Yippee

bigtail2
01-17-14, 10:52 PM
Now that I have gotten 20 for the quest, my skunkupines are showing up at about once every five corn/wheat. Before that I used the full 40 of energy several times without getting any. I know they say the rates aren't changed, but it does seem to be more than coincidence.

zuma022
01-17-14, 11:57 PM
No skunkupines for me either, but I admit I kinda enjoy harvesting all plots without being interrupted. I also need troll essence, they still show up but also not as often as they used to. I can spend 60+ energy in the morning (2 schools and adventure) and usually only get fangbeasts when I tend the animals.
It's kind of nice.

cherriesx
01-18-14, 01:57 AM
You'll need to have Thurston's Fort completed and be on level 19+ in order to access the Pet Skunkupine questline. Thanks!

Thanks for checking!

Grar now to rush-complete Thurston's Fort.

tphiz
01-18-14, 03:02 AM
I've had the best luck with watering flowers. I got 4 just now from just watering 20 plants or so which is a heck of a lot quicker than planting and harvesting wheat. I still had a heap of flowers out from previous quests thankfully and they renew quickly.

Serendipity1110
01-18-14, 03:16 AM
I remember only a few weeks ago when I wasn't able to harvest anything in peace without a skunkupine showing up with every second chop. Ever since I HAVE to collect rat tails or slay them for this challenge, they are basically extinct. I am harvesting crops, collecting from flowers and chopping down trees like a maniac - everything that used to instantly trigger skunkupines - , now maybe I get one a day, and only half of them drop rat tails at most. This is getting increasingly frustrating :-(

girufel
01-18-14, 03:48 AM
I play Version 1.1.6. , is that the latest one?

MiniLaura
01-18-14, 06:17 AM
I play Version 1.1.6. , is that the latest one?
Yes, it is.

meme1098
01-18-14, 06:54 AM
So now that I've finished that part of the goal ****ing skunkupines, they're popping up like crazy. One as soon as I tapped a pink chicken got a lovekupine, went to harvest sugar cane and got one on the first tap. Harvested 2 more and was full so went to wheat and after 2nd tap there's another. Rates may not be adjusted during goals but there's something coded in to drop the frequency. So I had 3 within 6 taps.

Just tapped 5 more sugar cane and got 2 more skunkupines.

girufel
01-18-14, 09:12 AM
So now that I've finished that part of the goal ****ing skunkupines, they're popping up like crazy. One as soon as I tapped a pink chicken got a lovekupine, went to harvest sugar cane and got one on the first tap. Harvested 2 more and was full so went to wheat and after 2nd tap there's another. Rates may not be adjusted during goals but there's something coded in to drop the frequency. So I had 3 within 6 taps.

How many of them dropped tails?

meme1098
01-18-14, 09:16 AM
How many of them dropped tails?

Gosh ... Wasn't paying that much attention but I'd say probably half. I know 1 of them dropped nothing at all tho cause I thought that was just weird.

midnightmeerkat
01-18-14, 01:53 PM
No one is forcing anyone to use gems. This isn't a time sensitive goal. You can take your time. If you get bothered by how long it's taking, you're welcome to use gems. Eventually you're going to get all the little critters you need. Personally, I'm planting and harvesting corn I don't need. I've made as many grits as I can without decimating my bacon stocks. This isn't a race. You can work on this until next new year if you like. I don't get what all the pilikia is about.

Agreed... I actually like goals that are not time sensitive and that give me something to work towards, that take time to do.

midnightmeerkat
01-18-14, 05:45 PM

Just tapped 5 more sugar cane and got 2 more skunkupines.

I get that all the time feast or famine and not related to when there is a goal or not, while I have been harvesting corn and plants for this goal I have been getting the feast and famine drops .....It is the same as tossing a coin I tossed 1 just now and got 3 heads in a row 1 tail then 2 more heads The odds of heads/tails is 50% but you are not going to get an even distribution

Queenzod
01-18-14, 05:53 PM
Out of the 20 critters I had to get rid of, I got 5 tails. Pretty rotten odds. But! This new critter will help to grow lots on a regular basis. Once I get thru the goal, that is.

vontalken
01-18-14, 07:42 PM
so just a side note on the Really didn't mean to part under the Ask the merchants task it says "(It doesn't each much...)".
Is this a joke I don't get or a misspelling of eat?

ajax1964
01-18-14, 09:00 PM
I've got the little critter if you want to check him out

cad33
01-18-14, 09:29 PM
Ugh! 40 wheat for only 1 skunkpine?! At this rate it's going to take _forever_. So far I have done 2 skunkpines. Well, at least I finally finished the darn fairies.

Castloninian
01-19-14, 12:20 AM
It took me a day and a half to get the skunkupines and I got plenty of tails. Does help when you have the relevant shard because something I get two tails. I am now visiting Thurston. Enjoying this quest line because while it is not necessarily hard, it is time consuming. And unless you spend gems on it, it will take quite a few days. I refuse to skip parts and don't mind that my 3rd visit to Thurston won't be until tomorrow morning.

newzealander
01-19-14, 01:09 AM
I've got the little critter if you want to check him out

A cutie! I look forward to having him in amongst my crop fields. This a great quest, because it's not timed, so it's ok that some things are a little challenging. It took me almost 2 days to get the Skunkupines, but at least I wasn't worrying that I wouldn't finish in time. The game will get you there in the end; frustrating as it can be!

yousthere
01-19-14, 03:11 AM
I have had the friendly skunkupine for a couple days now. The collecting time on mine is 1 hour all I got so far is crops, and the creepy tooth!! This is crazy. All that for crops and the tooth that drops from all 3 (trolls, beasts and skunkupines)
I thought this one was going to help out with the rat tail shortages but not yet.
It is dropping things that are easy to get and doesn't really solve any problem. I have been playing for many months now and I have been really disappointed with this game lately. Why have these things and they don't service a purpose. It's just like the jeweler that doesn't drop jewels. What's the point! ��

mrbinky
01-19-14, 05:36 AM
Is it 25 aspen trees or chop the aspen trees 25 times?I'd really like an answer to this, too, I can't find one.

rosym47
01-19-14, 06:17 AM
The first day I gathered masses of wheat and flower petal and only one skunkupine , yesterday I did the same and got nine in a short time then they were not about. Today I tried 60 wheat and 20 petals without one skunkupine. Now I have switched to growing tomatoes that only take 10 minutes and I have had 4 skunkupine in 8 plants!

marse66
01-19-14, 06:22 AM
I'd really like an answer to this, too, I can't find one.

It is 25 times... The aspen trees take 6 chops each so you will need 5 aspen trees.

TastyCakeBakery
01-19-14, 06:39 AM

At least you get a gem sale offer. I have been plating since October and haven't gotten ONE gem sale offer. I have gotten one sale offer for newbies and that's it. I know someone else playing and they have gem sales every other week. I would settle for a gem sale once every month, but for some reason don't seem to get them. I have deleted and reloaded the game about 5 times now and no such luck.

girufel
01-19-14, 07:59 AM
I have had the friendly skunkupine for a couple days now. The collecting time on mine is 1 hour all I got so far is crops, and the creepy tooth!! This is crazy. All that for crops and the tooth that drops from all 3 (trolls, beasts and skunkupines)
I thought this one was going to help out with the rat tail shortages but not yet.
It is dropping things that are easy to get and doesn't really solve any problem. I have been playing for many months now and I have been really disappointed with this game lately. Why have these things and they don't service a purpose. It's just like the jeweler that doesn't drop jewels. What's the point! ��

Please keep us postet about the drop rate of rat tails (if ever). I am still at step one of the quest, so I'll know if it is worth to hurry bcs I need rat tails desperatly.

lherman5
01-19-14, 09:31 AM
I noticed that some of my neighbors have a black glimmer gate now. How does that happen. Does anyone know how that happens

vitriolicheart
01-19-14, 09:33 AM
I am really glad this is not timed quest. I've had every other beastie over the past few days multiple times and I've had two, yes two skunkupines. That despite watering numerous flowers, chopping trees and growing crops. Very frustrating.

marse66
01-19-14, 09:41 AM
I can't speak for anyone else but I really look forward to Thursdays to see what needs to be done next and truly believe there is a lot of thought into each goal... Some of the goals are easier than others and should be challenging and not always easy. I love our new little friend skunkupine and since I'm maxed out on my crops I have not received any gifts from him yet but you never know... I get the same for sir piggy so this is no different. In the meantime, I collect as many eggs and milk to craft trade tickets and try to max out on as many other resources as I can... Then I wait until next Thursday... Hope this game never ends and Koodos to TL for doing a great job.... Wish people would stop complaining and enjoy the game.

QueenCarolyn
01-19-14, 10:20 AM
I just noticed that when you collect from a flowered, you can use all types of regular flowers, but not valentines flowers.

oliverrr11
01-19-14, 11:35 AM
I noticed that some of my neighbors have a black glimmer gate now. How does that happen. Does anyone know how that happens

That happens when you expand to it, but haven't unlocked it yet with goals. Just like the tabernum, magic garden etc. was blackened before you advanced further

midnightmeerkat
01-19-14, 01:00 PM
I just noticed that when you collect from a flowered, you can use all types of regular flowers, but not valentines flowers.

Sorry... What??

yousthere
01-19-14, 01:25 PM
I can't speak for anyone else but I really look forward to Thursdays to see what needs to be done next and truly believe there is a lot of thought into each goal... Some of the goals are easier than others and should be challenging and not always easy. I love our new little friend skunkupine and since I'm maxed out on my crops I have not received any gifts from him yet but you never know... I get the same for sir piggy so this is no different. In the meantime, I collect as many eggs and milk to craft trade tickets and try to max out on as many other resources as I can... Then I wait until next Thursday... Hope this game never ends and Koodos to TL for doing a great job.... Wish people would stop complaining and enjoy the game.

Seriously!? I can speak for myself here and that's what I did.
Everyone on here is entitled to their opinion. Just like you are to yours. TL made this quest for a reason. People have been "complaining" about Rat tails and look what "complaining" got. A permanent one. My opinion about it is that since there was a reason for this line. What is the point when out of 20 collects there has only been 1 rat tail drop. We get that TL works hard on these games. All developers do. But we as paying gamers have the right to state how we feel!
If you don't like it. Don't read it.

BriarAvenue
01-19-14, 01:43 PM
But we as paying gamers have the right to state how we feel!
If you don't like it. Don't read it.
Can't agree more. We come from all walks of life, different age n experience.
Some play to **** time, some play for getting relax from work stress, cancer stress etc. etc.
Especially for those players in sick beds (I note there are quite a few)
these extra hurdles can be really annoying.
Wish TL realizes such aspect more n be more compassionate!

vontalken
01-19-14, 02:52 PM
Can't agree more. We come from all walks of life, different age n experience.
Some play to **** time, some play for getting relax from work stress, cancer stress etc. etc.
Especially for those players in sick beds (I note there are quite a few)
these extra hurdles can be really annoying.
Wish TL realizes such aspect more n be more compassionate!

Just to counterpoint. What good is a game with no difficulties or challenges? If there is no struggle is there value in the reward? would gold have any value if it were as common and easy to obtain as dirt?

kooky panda
01-19-14, 03:26 PM
Okay guys, you are free to post how you feel about the updates/quest, etc, but please also respect the other members and keep the thread on topic
of the current quest.
Thanks!

rosewaterlily
01-19-14, 04:31 PM
Finally got all my skunkpine tails. Close to maxing out on sugar now from all the sugar cane I planted and didn't want to waste. When it got down to the last three tails I planted tomatoes (corn did not work and tomato gives better coin return) and eventually got them all. Now just waiting to visit Thurston two more times.

1Murphy1
01-19-14, 04:36 PM
For the gnawed out quest. You need to collect 50 wheat. No good having it in your inventory.

Administrator can you post this with the requirements or this goal, please

BriarAvenue
01-19-14, 04:36 PM
I got mine with the pink mushroom rings.
Got 2 more after the 20 quota!

BriarAvenue
01-19-14, 04:40 PM
For the gnawed out quest. You need to collect 50 wheat. No good having it in your inventory.

Administrator can you post this with the requirements or this goal, please

You have reached the gnaw out stage right?
Could you pls advise what does it mean by 50 flowers from flowers pls?
Meaning collecting petals from any color of flower plants? Thx

tigarlilyvol
01-19-14, 05:14 PM
Yes any color works, some have a quicker turn around time so use them

tigarlilyvol
01-19-14, 05:17 PM
I just noticed the name of the new pet when I clicked on him "Pepe le Skunkupine" somebody watches Tom and Jerry cartoons

1Murphy1
01-19-14, 06:06 PM
You have reached the gnaw out stage right?
Could you pls advise what does it mean by 50 flowers from flowers pls?
Meaning collecting petals from any color of flower plants? Thx
All you have to do is collect from the flowers 50 times and chop your aspens 50 times , this gnawed out goal eats a lot of energy.

Queenzod
01-19-14, 06:10 PM
All you have to do is collect from the flowers 50 times and chop your aspens 50 times , this gnawed out goal eats a lot of energy.

Those new petal hedges count, too.

BriarAvenue
01-19-14, 06:14 PM
Thank you all!

FigmentValley
01-19-14, 07:52 PM
My flowers do not seem to count. I merrily took them out of storage and started collecting (watering), yet got NOTHING. The only one that does seem to "count" is the single NEW Icelandic poppy I bought. Since I HAVE dozens of flower plants in storage I thought I would use them. Even my 20 Icelandic poppies fom storage do not work. It seems I have to buy more?

This is so lame.

FigmentValley
01-19-14, 08:15 PM
Only Icelandic poppies work. And, it appears, only newly purchased Icelandic poppies work.

This whole thread is a thinly veiled ploy to empty out all the stores of the more advanced players. I don't really care, but I would have preferred more story, less manipulative plot......

Queenzod
01-19-14, 08:25 PM
Only Icelandic poppies work. And, it appears, only newly purchased Icelandic poppies work.

This whole thread is a thinly veiled ploy to empty out all the stores of the more advanced players. I don't really care, but I would have preferred more story, less manipulative plot......

All my old flowers worked. Have you tried force starting?

outhouse01
01-19-14, 09:03 PM

I do not have the val version so cannot comment on those, However, I can advise that all of my stored flowers registered, except for the bush (which does made some kind of sense). Cheers

FigmentValley
01-19-14, 09:06 PM
Yup. No joy. But I just bought 50 Icelandic poppies, used my alicorn's energies and collected from them and threw them away. Brute force - no fun, but it works. I have coins to burn.

I will collect the wheat in a bit - all will be thrown away because I HAVE 99 wheat, but at this point I really don't care. I have been SOOOO close to tossing this "game" anyway. I had hopes that the story would progress....

Now I have something to do - I get to make/collect 99 of everything again. Or not.

outhouse01
01-19-14, 09:16 PM
Yup. No joy. But I just bought 50 Icelandic poppies, used my alicorn's energies and collected from them and threw them away. Brute force - no fun, but it works. I have coins to burn.

I will collect the wheat in a bit - all will be thrown away because I HAVE 99 wheat, but at this point I really don't care. I have been SOOOO close to tossing this "game" anyway. I had hopes that the story would progress....

Now I have something to do - I get to make/collect 99 of everything again. Or not.

If not maxed out already use your wheat to make flour. It only takes 30 minutes each time.

Burn your coins if you wish and toss in the game if you like.

I must admit I have been known to complain from time to time, however, I have learnt to just slog on through. This is not life or death, it is just a game. Jimboser, thanks for the pep talk/message a while ago. I have learnt that patience is a virtue (--and yes, I finally got that ember). Now happy just to have fun!! Cheers

meme1098
01-19-14, 10:00 PM
I collected from all the flowers I already had just fine - white ones, yellow ones, blue & purple all worked great.

Saigon8
01-19-14, 10:59 PM
I believe the Valentine flowers (red/pink) were the ones which did not count for the quest.

craterlake
01-20-14, 02:09 AM
Yippee, I have completed the thread and now have my very own "friendly" Skunkupine. Come see my ID is the same as my kingdom name so please feel free to add me

1Murphy1
01-20-14, 06:22 AM
I collected all my flowers. Even the Hedge flowers work. The only ones I found not to work were the valentine ones.

1Murphy1
01-20-14, 06:35 AM
I'm waiting to get my 50 Healing ointment. I sent the request out to my friends yesterday. Received 38 so far. Sent the request out again today. Anyone know how many you can receive each day. I had over 20 last night before going to bed.

girufel
01-20-14, 06:46 AM
I'm waiting to get my 50 Healing ointment. I sent the request out to my friends yesterday. Received 38 so far. Sent the request out again today. Anyone know how many you can receive each day. I had over 20 last night before going to bed.
You can receive 20 per day.

girufel
01-20-14, 06:48 AM
Yippee, I have completed the thread and now have my very own "friendly" Skunkupine. Come see my ID is the same as my kingdom name so please feel free to add me
How is the drop rate of rat tails?

katbtodd
01-20-14, 07:06 AM

I got,a fur my first drop ,,, it drop every hour,, not 4 like in reads at the beginning,,, and I was max on furs

girufel
01-20-14, 08:57 AM
How did you all get so far so quickly? I'm still at step one (caught 11 skunks so far) and I play quite often.

marse66
01-20-14, 09:08 AM
You can receive 20 per day.

I got 24 or 25 the first day... Then stuck at 45 the next day.. Then voila it was all done..

Liloze
01-20-14, 09:37 AM
I got 24 or 25 the first day... Then stuck at 45 the next day.. Then voila it was all done..

I am still at two,yes TWO. Since this goal started I saw two skunkupines, and that was it, 5 days through, not a single one in sight, though I am being tripped every other action, by trolls and fangbeasts like nobody's business.

I decided to stop worrying about it, and not depleting my energy on flowers and crops, it seems no matter what I plant no skunkupine is goung to show!

kudukuda
01-20-14, 10:19 AM
I am still at two,yes TWO. Since this goal started I saw two skunkupines, and that was it, 5 days through, not a single one in sight, though I am being tripped every other action, by trolls and fangbeasts like nobody's business.

I decided to stop worrying about it, and not depleting my energy on flowers and crops, it seems no matter what I plant no skunkupine is goung to show!
I'm at 11 and i play often and invest in crops and flowers. But to no. Avail. Sometimes three pop up one after the other and sometimes none for hours and hours.
I also go slow. No rush. Don't have 500000 coins for the third step anyway, so what's the rush?

Liloze
01-20-14, 11:28 AM
I'm at 11 and i play often and invest in crops and flowers. But to no. Avail. Sometimes three pop up one after the other and sometimes none for hours and hours.
I also go slow. No rush. Don't have 500000 coins for the third step anyway, so what's the rush?

yep, I play daily myself, but I am wondering how for 5 days in a row Not a single skunkupine shows up, no matter what kind of crop I plant or which flower I water.

Maybe those who got their friendly Skunkupine pet took them all, LOL.

CottageRose
01-20-14, 11:58 AM
I had the 20 skunkupines in less than 48 hours by pulling out all my valentines flowers and pink animals and collecting from them as often as possible to trigger pink lovecupines.

QueenCarolyn
01-20-14, 12:20 PM
I had a lot of luck attracting skunkupines with tomatoes.

QueenCarolyn
01-20-14, 12:21 PM
I had any flowers work except Valentines flowers.

kooky panda
01-20-14, 12:22 PM
yep, I play daily myself, but I am wondering how for 5 days in a row Not a single skunkupine shows up, no matter what kind of crop I plant or which flower I water.

Maybe those who got their friendly Skunkupine pet took them all, LOL.

Check your kingdom and make sure you do not have any other monsters hanging around . If another monster is out you will not see any skunkupines show up.

midnightmeerkat
01-20-14, 12:57 PM
I had valentines, orange, purple flowers out as I needed the petals and planted corn, eventually got the 20

oliverrr11
01-20-14, 01:23 PM
I just collected from Pepe and a skunkupine showed up

tigarlilyvol
01-20-14, 02:35 PM
I just collected from Pepe and a skunkupine showed up

Same thing happened to me this morning, got a wheat and Skunkupine at same time. Thought Pepe's family came looking for him.

DanitaDale
01-20-14, 02:47 PM
I have been playing this game for almost 1 year and still no Alicorn :( I have 5 Alicorn horns, but 0 wings. I send out my knights every day for an adventure. Has anyone had more luck getting wings on a certain adventure? It's disheartening seeing all these kingdoms with lots of alicorns and I don't even have one yet :(

meme1098
01-20-14, 03:52 PM
Yea..I have 6 wings in my inventory. Talk about inequitable.
I finally got a horn a while back but couldn't tell you how long it took.

Liloze
01-20-14, 04:51 PM
Check your kingdom and make sure you do not have any other monsters hanging around . If another monster is out you will not see any skunkupines show up.

I always make sure to finish any Monster that pop up directly and if I do not have energy I wait to accumulate enough to finish it, so no it is mot any other monster hanging around for 5 days Straight!!!

Liloze
01-20-14, 04:55 PM
I have been playing this game for almost 1 year and still no Alicorn :( I have 5 Alicorn horns, but 0 wings. I send out my knights every day for an adventure. Has anyone had more luck getting wings on a certain adventure? It's disheartening seeing all these kingdoms with lots of alicorns and I don't even have one yet :(

Well I have been playing since june 2013 and sending my knights to both The barracks and The Castle on all 4 or 5 kind of adventures / exploring/ etc...No wings of alicorns, or horns or anything at all, My stock has ZERO of any Alicorn part!

i then gave up and bought some.

Now I am waiting for the Ember to finish with the Manticore, and it's the same thing, I already bought two of those, so yeah ...Talk about spending gems!

Liloze
01-20-14, 05:00 PM
I had the 20 skunkupines in less than 48 hours by pulling out all my valentines flowers and pink animals and collecting from them as often as possible to trigger pink lovecupines.

Well and those who do not have the Valentine version?! I think this is totally unfair to those who don't have it, since I read many got their Skunkupines by pulling the Valentine plants, flowers and such...SIGH....

Liloze
01-20-14, 06:44 PM
Yayyy got my 3rd Skunkupine after five days of absebce, and 15 crops collection... At this rate and pace! It will take me months to get the pet!

shambalaya
01-20-14, 08:03 PM
Well I have been playing since june 2013 and sending my knights to both The barracks and The Castle on all 4 or 5 kind of adventures / exploring/ etc...No wings of alicorns, or horns or anything at all, My stock has ZERO of any Alicorn part!

i then gave up and bought some.

Now I am waiting for the Ember to finish with the Manticore, and it's the same thing, I already bought two of those, so yeah ...Talk about spending gems!

You can't even get alicorn parts from adventures if you don't have the love shack and completed most of the Valentines questline, sorry about the bad news :-(

vitriolicheart
01-21-14, 02:52 AM
Yayyy got my 3rd Skunkupine after five days of absebce, and 15 crops collection... At this rate and pace! It will take me months to get the pet!

Hahahaha, I know the feeling. I'm going to add this to my list of quests that are crazy hard to complete.

avidbeader
01-21-14, 05:12 AM
Well and those who do not have the Valentine version?! I think this is totally unfair to those who don't have it, since I read many got their Skunkupines by pulling the Valentine plants, flowers and such...SIGH....

I have the Valentine plants & flowers but got most of my skunkupines from collecting wheat. I could collect my entire wheat field which is 34 plots and not get any skunkupines and then at the next collection I might get 2-3. I tried corn but didn't have much luck so went back to just using wheat even though I was maxed out on it.

craterlake
01-21-14, 09:24 AM

Cool down is only 60 mins, to date have had a variety of flowers and corn etc. not one rats tail. But on the positive side my bad Skunkupines are back to a normal rate and dropping tails.

my607
01-21-14, 10:42 AM
I got wheat and rats tail so far.

JayUK69
01-21-14, 12:02 PM
Finished the skunkupine task yesterday, with about 10 collections so far I have had 3 rat tails drops, most others have been corn etc... But good to have some tails drop rather than having to try and get them to appear randomly.

Queenzod
01-21-14, 12:02 PM
On my 4th collection, Mr. Stinky gave me corn and a rat tail. Woohoo! I'm psyched! This is going to be magnificently helpful.

BriarAvenue
01-21-14, 01:12 PM
On my 4th collection, Mr. Stinky gave me corn and a rat tail. Woohoo! I'm psyched! This is going to be magnificently helpful.
I am not too sure abt that. It's still a random drop, like I hv only collect ONE syrup from the two maple trees I bought so far! Must be over a month.

glimmergate
01-21-14, 01:19 PM
Hey folks, I was out with strep throat last week so unfortunately wasn't able to keep up with the forums.

Reading through, I see that there's a lot of concern about Skunkupine spawn rates.

Just want to clarify that we did not change the Skunkupine spawn rate at all for this questline, and in fact haven't changed it in over a year. If you're still struggling, Skunkupines drop off Corn, Wheat, Tomatoes, Sugar Cane, some flowers, and Aspen Trees, all at the same rate.

Lovecupines have a slightly higher (1%) chance to drop than Skunkupines off last year's Valentine items.

Best of luck everyone :)

jimboser
01-21-14, 01:41 PM

So, that means that Skunkupines only have a <1% chance of dropping? Or that the Lovecupine percentage is 1 greater than that of a Skunkupine?

Separate issue, it would be great if the 1st post in this thread were edited to include an updated list of drops, right now at the top is says 'Coins, XP, Fur', then lower down, we have 'sugar cane, corn, rat tails, etc'.

So far, no rat tails or fur, but I've gotten corn, tomatoes, and wheat. I would have imagined that the percentage drop for rat tails and fur would be higher than the other items. I mean, seriously, how does this animal drop crops exactly? I would think it would be dropping tails and fur like mad, trying to rid itself of its mutant coloring.

maguar
01-21-14, 01:56 PM
jimboser I read it as +1% higher than skunkupine not that skunkupine has <1% drop rate. I've also update the first post

glimmergate
01-21-14, 02:22 PM
So, that means that Skunkupines only have a <1% chance of dropping? Or that the Lovecupine percentage is 1 greater than that of a Skunkupine?

Separate issue, it would be great if the 1st post in this thread were edited to include an updated list of drops, right now at the top is says 'Coins, XP, Fur', then lower down, we have 'sugar cane, corn, rat tails, etc'.

So far, no rat tails or fur, but I've gotten corn, tomatoes, and wheat. I would have imagined that the percentage drop for rat tails and fur would be higher than the other items. I mean, seriously, how does this animal drop crops exactly? I would think it would be dropping tails and fur like mad, trying to rid itself of its mutant coloring.

To clarify, if you rolled 100 times, on average you'd end up with 1 more lovecupine than skunkupine.

Queenzod
01-21-14, 03:01 PM
I am not too sure abt that. It's still a random drop, like I hv only collect ONE syrup from the two maple trees I bought so far! Must be over a month.

Jeez! I've gotten about 40. I have 3 trees. I usually get at least one per day. Seriously. Your game must be broken. :(

jimboser
01-21-14, 04:08 PM
jimboser I read it as +1% higher than skunkupine not that skunkupine has <1% drop rate. I've also update the first post

I could read it both ways, always nice to clarify. ;)

Thanks for updating post 1.

freesiawoods
01-21-14, 06:47 PM
Really. I have one tree and it only dropped syrup on the day it became possible to do so, none since.

craterlake
01-21-14, 07:29 PM

If you have updated the 1st post why does it still say a 4 hour cool down when those of us who have got him all have a 60 min cool down (and in my case still no rat tail drops)

craterlake
01-21-14, 07:30 PM
Can someone advise if the Valentines version is being rerun for those of us who started later in the year.

zoeee87
01-21-14, 09:15 PM
I'm soooo excited to get a pet Skunkupine!!!

BriarAvenue
01-21-14, 09:45 PM
Jeez! I've gotten about 40. I have 3 trees. I usually get at least one per day. Seriously. Your game must be broken. :(
Nope. I play almost round the clock, if possible.
My game is fine, at least for the fairy quest, got 1 pillar each adventure, statute on first venture.
Got rat tails just at a slightly lower rate, but back to normal once I finished that tail stuff.
Now the beasts pop up in my collection of wheat, mushroom, flowers, even when I cut my aspen!
Total 15 tails so far after finish with that line!
So honestly, I am not buying what Glimmergate said here.
At least my experience and her account don't jive. Not only this one, but all along,
drop rate drops whatever resources are required.
My strategy is to stock up with practically everything except eggs n milk.

BriarAvenue
01-21-14, 09:48 PM
If you're still struggling, Skunkupines drop off Corn, Wheat, Tomatoes, Sugar Cane, some flowers, and Aspen Trees, all at the same rate.
:)

Seem that I don't see tail included in Glimmergate's post.

Queenzod
01-21-14, 09:54 PM
Nope. I play almost round the clock, if possible.
My game is fine, at least for the fairy quest, got 1 pillar each adventure, statute on first venture.
Got rat tails just at a slightly lower rate, but back to normal once I finished that tail stuff.
Now the beasts pop up in my collection of wheat, mushroom, flowers, even when I cut my aspen!
Total 15 tails so far after finish with that line!
So honestly, I am not buying what Glimmergate said here.
At least my experience and her account don't jive. Not only this one, but all along,
drop rate drops whatever resources are required.
My strategy is to stock up with practically everything except eggs n milk.

Okay, whatever. I don't understand what you're talking about. My comment was about sap.

mrbinky
01-21-14, 10:15 PM
I had all my skunkupines turn up in a few days by constantly harvesting wheat only. When it went near the maximum I made flour, it was pretty quick. I have 30 plots and sometimes there would be none turn up when I collected the lot, then the next round I'd get 2 or 3. It's felt about the same as before the quest came along.

Flowers were useless, and other crops didn't work as well as wheat.

BriarAvenue
01-21-14, 11:20 PM

I was saying I got only 1 syrup sofar.

rosewaterlily
01-22-14, 05:52 AM
Finally got my pet skunkupine! It's sitting in my kingdom now.

raghadd1
01-22-14, 09:15 AM

Lovely Skunkupine

edit(KP) added to post 2

MiniLaura
01-22-14, 09:52 AM
Seem that I don't see tail included in Glimmergate's post.
Glimmergate is stating what will trigger a Skunkupine to show up, not what Skunkupines drop. Obviously, Skunkupines do not drop flowers and aspen trees. And only the pet skunkupine will drop corn, wheat, tomatoes, and sugar cane.

kudukuda
01-22-14, 11:53 AM
I played all day today. Tried wheat, tomatoes, sugar cane, flowers (maxed on corn, but tried that yesterday or day before to no avail).... Not one skunkupine. Not one. I'm in no rush, since i am far from the 500,000 coin mark, but i find it hard to believe.
Having said that, i just touch a cow or a chicken and I get a fangbeast no sweat....
Three more skunks to go... I wonder how many more days it will be.
In the mean time, i am making feasts from all the wheat and flour and sugar I have.

maguar
01-22-14, 02:58 PM
If you have updated the 1st post why does it still say a 4 hour cool down when those of us who have got him all have a 60 min cool down (and in my case still no rat tail drops)

Sorry missed that one. MiniLaura did fix it though

Liloze
01-22-14, 03:10 PM
7 Skunkupines until now ! Really! I tried all kinds of crops, except the cabage and still nothing !I am almost maxed on all kind of flower petals NOTHING! One Skunkupine every other day! While I am being invaded with fangbeasts and Trolls, every other collection from something else!
AND NO I DO NOT HAVE HANGING BEAST AROUND, like someone suggested, In**** them directly when they show up, and if I lack the energy I wait until I get the necessary energy to **** it.
No I do not have the Valentine version and all that which is related to it and drops Skunkupines by the minute!
Talk about fair chances!

Liloze
01-22-14, 03:12 PM
Seems Kudukuda is also having same problem, so TL gonna fix this or not?! for it appears some are not given the same chances as others!

marse66
01-22-14, 05:26 PM
I got my skunkupines with corn and wheat and regular flowers.. Each time I got one I would force close and start collecting again... It worked for me.

Queenzod
01-22-14, 08:34 PM
Sometimes when I collect from Mr. Stinky, I get nothing. Air, a few coins. No box telling me I'm full on this or that. Is this normal or a glitch of some kind? I just got him 24 hours ago, and this has happened twice. Maybe he doesn't produce every hour? Anyone else notice this?

outhouse01
01-22-14, 09:51 PM
Sometimes when I collect from Mr. Stinky, I get nothing. Air, a few coins. No box telling me I'm full on this or that. Is this normal or a glitch of some kind? I just got him 24 hours ago, and this has happened twice. Maybe he doesn't produce every hour? Anyone else notice this?

I've had the same thing a few times. Have just written it down to luck of the draw. Cheers

BriarAvenue
01-22-14, 10:36 PM
7 Skunkupines until now ! Really! I tried all kinds of crops, except the cabage and still nothing !

I believe cabbage attracts trolls. I got mine mostly from the pink mushroom rings.
The pink ones drop tails, regular one's chance to drop tail may be 1 in 3 according to my experience.
Especially when I was close to meet the required quota.

plby
01-22-14, 10:57 PM
7 Skunkupines until now ! Really! I tried all kinds of crops, except the cabage

Only wheat, corn, sugar and tomatoes attract skunkupines. The other crops will draw fangbeasts or trolls. I've always had most luck with wheat and tomatoes, but it usually takes collecting 20+ for one to show up.

the Valentine version and all that which is related to it and drops Skunkupines by the minute!
Talk about fair chances!

The valentine flowers and mushrooms doesn't draw skunkupines any easier or drop rat tails more often than regular items do, in my experience.

kudukuda
01-23-14, 01:30 AM
I got my skunkupines with corn and wheat and regular flowers.. Each time I got one I would force close and start collecting again... It worked for me.

This is a good idea. Will have to try it.

kitrakat76
01-23-14, 06:37 AM
I am also not getting any skunkupines and I have all of my valentine stuff out. I get trolls and fanged beasts gallore. I'm maxed out on crops and most petals. This is getting ridiculous. Not getting any tails either which I need desperately for 3 quests.

3Dolphin2013
01-23-14, 06:45 AM
Hey all,

I ****ed 11 oh wait 12 skunkupines until now but it's going sooo slow.
Is there anything I can do to bump into more?
My farming patch is 5x7, I planted seeds like cocoa beans and corn, not even 1 skunkupine decided to show up the last few runs :(
Does it just happen randomly or what?

dolla525
01-23-14, 06:51 AM
Plant some wheat..

Castloninian
01-23-14, 07:17 AM
Hey all,

I ****ed 11 oh wait 12 skunkupines until now but it's going sooo slow.
Is there anything I can do to bump into more?
My farming patch is 5x7, I planted seeds like cocoa beans and corn, not even 1 skunkupine decided to show up the last few runs :(
Does it just happen randomly or what?

Cocoa attracts trolls. Try sugarcane, wheat, tomatoes, corn. I found sugarcane and wheat worked best, you can keep making those into sugar and flour so you don't max out. Watering flowers also worked for me. I made quite a few dyes to use up the petals.

ashanthya
01-23-14, 07:19 AM
Cocoa beans will get you a troll, not a skunkupine! Skunkupines like wheat (like dolla said) and sugar, as well as flowers. So go flower-picking for some petals while you wait for your harvest. I don't think I've ever collected 10 petals in a row without running into one of the critters.

Liloze
01-23-14, 07:54 AM
Only wheat, corn, sugar and tomatoes attract skunkupines. The other crops will draw fangbeasts or trolls. I've always had most luck with wheat and tomatoes, but it usually takes collecting 20+ for one to show up.

I know that corn sugar wheat and tomatoes attract the Skunkupine, what I was being sarcastic about the whole thing, I am Maxed out on all the said crops, and still have only 7.

The valentine flowers and mushrooms doesn't draw skunkupines any easier or drop rat tails more often than regular items do, in my experience.

As I have understood from plenty of other posts, many said they got theirs from the Valentine Plants, maybe you are as unlucky as me. hopefully your luck would change soon.

Liloze
01-23-14, 08:04 AM

I know that corn, wheat, tomatoes, attract skunkupines, I was simply being sarcastic about this issue. I am now maxed out on all the above mentioned crops, petals almost getting there, still got white, red and Purple and I would be maxed out too!
Ah yes maxed out on mushrooms as well.
I feel like am playing Lottery rather than CS.

JayUK69
01-23-14, 08:11 AM
Getting quite a few rat tails dropping from the pet skunkupine, about 15 in the past few days since finishing the quest. Really pleased with got an animal with regular guaranteed tail drops.

jimboser
01-23-14, 08:57 AM
Getting quite a few rat tails dropping from the pet skunkupine, about 15 in the past few days since finishing the quest. Really pleased with got an animal with regular guaranteed tail drops.

I wish I were so lucky. All I am getting is crops that I'm mostly maxed out on, I haven't received either fur or rat tails from the pet skunkupine yet, and I've collected from him at least a dozen times so far.

Liloze
01-23-14, 12:38 PM
I wish I were so lucky. All I am getting is crops that I'm mostly maxed out on, I haven't received either fur or rat tails from the pet skunkupine yet, and I've collected from him at least a dozen times so far.

Your comment is giving me food for thought, thinking to slow down on acquiring this Skunkupine pet, seems like everything else, it does not deliver what it promises!

jtm101
01-23-14, 01:32 PM
I stiill havent got my pet to drop tails (after only ~6 collections). BUT he did just now attract a regular skunkupine which droppped a tail, does that count as one?

Maybe the fact he attacts Skunkupines himself should be added to the first post too.

kooky panda
01-23-14, 01:49 PM
I just collected, and got the message that I was maxed on creep tooth, so looks like it also drops creep tooth.

JayUK69
01-23-14, 02:33 PM
It drops multiple rat tails too. Most of the other times it has dropped, there have only been one. Just collected from it again and it dropped 2 this time.

midnightmeerkat
01-23-14, 03:12 PM
I got a tomato the first time and now a rat tail..... I love having a pet skunkupine

meme1098
01-23-14, 03:41 PM
I wish I could get rat tails. Just getting tomatoes & wheat. Every time I see tomatoes drop, I want to pick them up & throw them at Stinky. ;)

meme1098
01-23-14, 06:31 PM
Wow...finally got a rat tail. Took long enough haha

Liloze
01-23-14, 06:56 PM
Seeing the new Skunkupine trap for 5 gems, no wonder I was not getting any skunkupines, this whole week !!!
Sigh, TL ...some subtlety !

LinkinPark92
01-24-14, 06:09 AM
Keep on trying, i made a pink and a white field seperated from each other, and eventually I got them

Liloze
01-24-14, 11:23 AM
Just today I used all of my energy and another 40 from Alicor to:

Collect 45 Wheat , maxed out. Forgot how many tomatoes, maxed out too,
4 Orange petals,maxed out
2 white petals,
10 sugarcanes maxed out,
1red petal maxed out,
NOT A SINGLE SKUNKUPINE IN SIGHT.

I touch one Cow :1 Fangbeast
another cow nothing, Another cow : 1 Fangbeast,
A Pig : 1 fangbeast,
and that not talking about When I mined Rocks today Got two as well, let alone the Trolls when I collected from some buildings, 3 in total.

Now I have a fangbeast waiting for me to **** it.

AND TL HAS THE NERVE TO ISSUE SUNKUPINE TRAPS,:mad: While for 10 days now I get only 8 Skunkupines!!! :mad:
if it is going to take me months to get the pet, I will not pay a single gem for the traps, because as I see it, it is VERY ...OBVIOUS WHAT Is HAPPENING HERE. :mad:

ieatcakes
01-24-14, 01:20 PM
Skunkupine only spawn with harvest simple crops (corn, tomatoes, and wheats) and flowers (all colors including Valentine's).

2 white petals,
10 sugarcanes maxed out,
1red petal maxed out,

and that not talking about When I mined Rocks today Got two as well, let alone the Trolls when I collected from some buildings, 3 in total.

AND TL HAS THE NERVE TO ISSUE SUNKUPINE TRAPS,:mad: While for 10 days now I get only 8 Skunkupines!!! :mad:
if it is going to take me months to get the pet, I will not pay a single gem for the traps, because as I see it, it is VERY ...OBVIOUS WHAT Is HAPPENING HERE. :mad:

Liloze
01-24-14, 02:08 PM
Skunkupine only spawn with harvest simple crops (corn, tomatoes, and wheats) and flowers (all colors including Valentine's).

Thank you for the input, I have already stated how much I tried to trigger a Skunkupinr to no avail, COMPARING IT to how easy the Fangbeasts and trolls were showing!!! I already know what triggers which Monster!

jptheripper
01-24-14, 02:22 PM
Well sugarcane does not trigger skunks, that's why he said that

JayUK69
01-24-14, 04:14 PM
Well sugarcane does not trigger skunks, that's why he said that

I've had skunkupines spawn when harvesting sugar cane.

BriarAvenue
01-24-14, 09:07 PM

Used to work for me too, but not as many as before when I did this quest.
I think I got most of mine from the flowers n mushrooms.

nasha86
01-24-14, 09:47 PM

2 white petals,
10 sugarcanes maxed out,
1red petal maxed out,

So sad to hear about your skunkupine spawn rate. Maybe you can try these tips if it works:
1. Try to use up wheat, corn, petals... Maxed out seem decrease the spawn rate.
2. To avoid the troll and fangbeast, collect coins building, animals together. If the troll/fangbeast appear, ignore them there and continue to collect until you're done with building/animal. Then, defeat the troll/fangbeast before you want to lure the skunkupine with wheat, corn, petals...
3. Don't use up energy to collect only one type. Rotate after 4,5 energy for harvest, try out with watering, and again.
4. Chopping tree also attract skunkupine, so try it out.

JayUK69
01-25-14, 03:21 AM
Used to work for me too, but not as many as before when I did this quest.
I think I got most of mine from the flowers n mushrooms.

I got mine from constantly collecting from corn and flowers, even though totally maxed out on petals and corn. They still appeared about 1 in 20 collections. I only ever get trolls collecting from mushrooms, but get the odd pink skunkupine show up from collecting from the pink mushroom circle. It took me 2 days to get all the skunkupines for this quest, but have had loads pop up since. Even the pet skunkupine has spawned a few when collecting from him.

Liloze
01-25-14, 08:33 AM

Yes me too, now I don't see it at all!

Liloze
01-25-14, 08:36 AM
So sad to hear about your skunkupine spawn rate. Maybe you can try these tips if it works:
2. To avoid the troll and fangbeast, collect coins building, animals together. If the troll/fangbeast appear, ignore them there and continue to collect until you're done with building/animal. Then, defeat the troll/fangbeast before you want to lure the skunkupine with wheat, corn, petals...
3. Don't use up energy to collect only one type. Rotate after 4,5 energy for harvest, try out with watering, and again.

Thank you very much for taking the time to help,
I will try what you advised and let you know if it works, though I really don't need coins have almost 2 millions, but I still need 10 skunkupines, today I triggered one with Tomato, after 25 collections, The Baron did something good for me this time at least lol.

jimboser
01-25-14, 09:16 AM
This is too funny, today when collecting from the pet skunkupine and getting more crops, another skunkupine spawned in the process. No tails dropped from either, as usual...

JayUK69
01-25-14, 10:19 AM
Yes me too, now I don't see it at all!

About 90% of monsters spawned on my game are fang beasts. They constantly show up and drain energy. I have a troll trapped in the corner of my kingdom at the moment, he's been there a couple of days. So I can go about my business without any fang beasts showing up, they are so annoying.

Liloze
01-25-14, 02:35 PM
About 90% of monsters spawned on my game are fang beasts. They constantly show up and drain energy. I have a troll trapped in the corner of my kingdom at the moment, he's been there a couple of days. So I can go about my business without any fang beasts showing up, they are so annoying.

same here, it is annoying indeed, especially when it doesn't give fur as well. lol. I wish my monsters shows up somewhere where it does not hinder my actions,so I can forget about them for a while, alas, they show up - both - always in the most needed of places. sigh!

Liloze
01-25-14, 02:40 PM

I got 2 Skunkupine one when I chopped a tree the other while changing from Collecting animals to Corn crops, I did collect from buildings, which of course brought the troll up, so I went to chop tree again, then to crop yet again, which brought tbe second Skunkupine, so today I got 3 counting the tomato one as well.

Thank you for your advice, now I need 7 to move on, hopefully my luck will continue until I finish.

Thanks again, Appreciate it :)

Liloze
01-25-14, 03:49 PM
OMG :eek:...Now am getting fangbeast when I cut trees !!! :rolleyes::confused::rolleyes:
Thank you for visiting Mr. Fangbeast could you please send your cosin Skunkupine instead ?!
WTH?!:mad:

jptheripper
01-25-14, 05:10 PM
my pet skunk spawned a skunk. that doesnt seem right

BriarAvenue
01-25-14, 08:56 PM

Nope. Got that once too.
The story line seems to say because it's different, it gets attacked by the rest.
That's why we need to ask for ointment to heal it's wounds.

infinitelove19
01-26-14, 09:38 PM

Given what the pet skunk drops, I was rather hoping it would trigger skunkupines.
I just triggered one today collecting tomatoes and corn... Hello double rat's tails!!! ;-)

I am rather fond of my little Pepe le Pew! LOL!

outhouse01
01-27-14, 06:36 AM

Has anyone else had this. I responded a few days ago to say that I've had the same thing a few times. Since that post I've had the same on a number of occasions. Just curious, as no one else has made comment about it except of QZ and I. Cheers

Liloze
01-27-14, 07:08 AM
My kingdom has no Skunkupines, seems they went extinct somehow!
Now I cut trees and get Fangbeast! ( I used to get Skunkupines all the time) Crops and flowers are not popping up Skunkupines no matter how many times I water or collect...
The day before yesterday while mining Iron rich rock I got One Skunkupine,( usually I used to get fangbeast instead) nothing since, seems what we used to know as what item triggers what beast is now changed, or there's a glitch soewhere, I mean, no one is having this Skunkupine problems, at this rate and recurrent ! :confused:

freesiawoods
01-27-14, 05:57 PM
Still en route to getting the pet skunkupine but I've been getting loads of skunkupines in my kingdom because of the faerie respite requirements. They pop up when harvesting sugar cane, collecting flowers and chopping trees.

dracoonic
01-27-14, 11:29 PM
any reports on "good" loots from our pets? :)

pixieblob
01-28-14, 12:42 AM
Woop just got my last skunkupine.

Liloze
01-28-14, 10:50 AM
today was mining For Iron got two Skipunkupines, then after a fangbeast, still need two and no not going to pay a single gem for it on the traps, they will show up sooner or later, and TL say they don't drop the rates of anything?! Since the Skukupine pet goal started my rate dropped to One every other day. It is playing lottery now!

infinitelove19
01-28-14, 11:33 AM
Has anyone else had this. I responded a few days ago to say that I've had the same thing a few times. Since that post I've had the same on a number of occasions. Just curious, as no one else has made comment about it except of QZ and I. Cheers

I've also had this...but am full on bone & tooth so wnder if the 'full' message doesn't always pop up...?

As for good drops, which someone was asking about, I have gotten up to three things at once. Sometimes a rat tail, wheat & tomato or sometimes one corn & two wheat. Overall, I'm pretty happy with little Skunky!

Liloze
01-28-14, 05:37 PM
Finally got my last needed Skunkupines yaaayyyy:);):D

outhouse01
01-28-14, 06:23 PM
I've also had this...but am full on bone & tooth so wnder if the 'full' message doesn't always pop up...?

As for good drops, which someone was asking about, I have gotten up to three things at once. Sometimes a rat tail, wheat & tomato or sometimes one corn & two wheat. Overall, I'm pretty happy with little Skunky!

Ta. Thanks for the response. I am also happy with my little stinky and what he drops. Was just curious about the no drop bit from time to time.

Queenzod
01-28-14, 08:10 PM
Ta. Thanks for the response. I am also happy with my little stinky and what he drops. Was just curious about the no drop bit from time to time.

I'm very happy with my little guy, too. Maybe he's just passing gas when nothing else comes out? I have noticed my other animals sort of moving off to one side sometimes. Pepe pee-yew, indeed!

;)

newzealander
01-29-14, 12:03 AM

Outhouse, I've had the same thing. 50 coins, and that's it. I think it's just one of his many quirky offerings!

michieboony
01-29-14, 01:12 PM
Ivy wants a Pet Skunkupine!
(Must have Thurston's Fort completed and be at level 19+ to access this questline.) -Pikasquirrel

Edit(KP)- Known drops from pet skunkupine
Coins, XPs, Fur, Rat Tail, Corn, Wheat, Sugar Cane, Tomatoes, Creeptooth, a skunkpine will show up.

Goal 1: A Friendly Skunkupine
Find a friendly skunkupine (fight off 20 skunkupines, pink ones count)

Question: for gnawed out challenge, for 50 flowers collection, which flowers can I use. Also I take it you have to chop aspen trees 25 times?

michieboony
01-29-14, 01:14 PM
Ps: new to forum but I've been playing CS for about 1 year.

Castloninian
01-29-14, 01:22 PM
Question: for gnawed out challenge, for 50 flowers collection, which flowers can I use. Also I take it you have to chop aspen trees 25 times?

Any flowers, you know the blue/white/purple/orange ones. And yes you will need 5 Aspen trees for 25 chops.

MiniLaura
01-29-14, 01:22 PM

You can collect from any flower except the Valentines flowers from last year. It does not matter if you are full on petals, just collect away!
I believe you need 5 aspen trees to get 25 chops in.

outhouse01
01-29-14, 03:45 PM
Outhouse, I've had the same thing. 50 coins, and that's it. I think it's just one of his many quirky offerings!

Thanks NZ. Have had a few more since then, however, as previously stated, I am quite happy with what my Mr Stinky drops. Such a cute little critter. Cheers