PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story: Update 01/16/2014 Pet Skunkupine

Pages : 1 [2]

v4mpy
01-30-14, 04:53 PM
How do you guys farm coins? Doesn't look like anyone has mentioned it but 500k is 5 times anything I've saved up before and that would take weeks any tips?

belbar22
01-30-14, 05:22 PM
How do you guys farm coins? Doesn't look like anyone has mentioned it but 500k is 5 times anything I've saved up before and that would take weeks any tips?

Collect from coin buildings as often as possible
Level up buildings but don't spend coins doing it
Plant crops back to back. Some of the crops give a great return
Visit neighbours you get coin bonuses.

Good luck.

eepopp
01-30-14, 05:23 PM

One of my most helpful neighbors (His/Her kingdom's name is Russia), recommends planting and harvesting strawberries. When you max out your inventory, keep harvesting them because you get a coin percentage bonus. Strawberries only have a 1 hour grow time, so it 's very easy to top off your inventory.

jtm101
01-30-14, 06:35 PM
All these coin tips sound good. I'd like to add, avoid collecting from animals, flowers, chopping trees/rocks as these have a very low coin return. Even collecting from watchtowers or cottages is a decent return compared to these. I would also recommend stocking up on carrots, cabbage, peppers and glimmerbulbs as these are the best value crops per energy spent collecting.

sassmastah
01-30-14, 07:49 PM
One of my most helpful neighbors (His/Her kingdom's name is Russia), recommends planting and harvesting strawberries. When you max out your inventory, keep harvesting them because you get a coin percentage bonus. Strawberries only have a 1 hour grow time, so it 's very easy to top off your inventory.

How much of a coin bonus do you get if you're already maxed out when you collect?

fari85
01-30-14, 10:34 PM
I haven't got one apple or orange tree....how am I to complete all the quest without spending gems:(

girufel
01-31-14, 12:19 AM
I had about 20.000 coins when the quest started. I planted carrots and cabbage. That takes more time but less energy. Needed that for other things. And harvesting cabbage and carrots triggers the monsters whose bones/horns you can exchange to 25.000 coins. So it didn't take that long.

Ostrich_Mountain
02-04-14, 10:11 AM
stage "gnawed out" i tried different flowers here ,
the only flowers, that worked are Iceland Poppy Patches

ciarjen
02-04-14, 10:26 AM
This was a good quest. I finally got mine a few days ago. I love him. :)

JayUK69
02-05-14, 03:34 AM
I've had over 40 rat tails drop since getting the pet skunkupine. Great to finally have a regular source for these, so don't have to pointlessly plant crops I'm maxed out on to get them to spawn.

jimboser
02-06-14, 08:03 AM
I've had over 40 rat tails drop since getting the pet skunkupine. Great to finally have a regular source for these, so don't have to pointlessly plant crops I'm maxed out on to get them to spawn.

40!?! I don't think I've gotten a single one from him. I've gotten fur maybe 3 times, the rest was crops that I'm generally maxed out on. I'm done to single digits on rat tails, and even with all the pink chickens I bought I'm still having trouble triggering lovecupines.

JayUK69
02-06-14, 08:53 AM
40!?! I don't think I've gotten a single one from him. I've gotten fur maybe 3 times, the rest was crops that I'm generally maxed out on. I'm done to single digits on rat tails, and even with all the pink chickens I bought I'm still having trouble triggering lovecupines.

I am up to 45 rat tails now. He drops tails along with other stuff like fur or crops mostly, but still regular tail drops. He even triggers other skunkupines sometimes. The other day he dropped 2 tails, triggered a skunkupine which dropped another. I currently have a lovekupine trapped so i can collect without those annoying fangbeasts showing up every second collection from cows etc... I want to get maxed out on rat tails before using any more on trades and other stuff.

riverly
02-06-14, 12:55 PM
I am surprised that the skunkupine is not a consistent source of rat tails they are very scarce and hard to find

texanmary
02-07-14, 12:36 PM
What is magic fruit?

meme1098
02-07-14, 12:50 PM
Drops from the magic garden..can be used in a trade at the royal exchange.

dracoonic
02-09-14, 06:59 PM
lovecupines, i cant found thread for this... what should we do after ****ing 5? help please

shambalaya
02-09-14, 07:15 PM
lovecupines, i cant found thread for this... what should we do after ****ing 5? help please

I believe the quest line ends here for those who didn't get the love shack last year.
But you can still hunt the cute little critters :-)

GBeesHive
02-10-14, 11:47 AM
It took ages to get everything I needed for my little skunky pet, but he is worth the hard work. He's far more attentive than a husband or boyfriend. He brings home dinner regularly, chew bones and rat tail treats, and the occasional fur coat. I am really looking forward to the 14th - I am sure he has something special planned!

:o

guyrye
02-12-14, 02:22 PM
This quest will take me a long time. The 500,000 coins is what will keep me from getting this done anytime soon. Any suggestions on how to get coins quickly?

shambalaya
02-13-14, 02:27 AM
This quest will take me a long time. The 500,000 coins is what will keep me from getting this done anytime soon. Any suggestions on how to get coins quickly?

Build multiple of the high yielding royal buildings, use most of your energy on crops and take your time. Collecting a lot from coin buildings will also attract trolls whose horns are the rarest parts for the 25,000 coin exchange. Also don't spend the 500,000 as soon as you get them - that is bad financial management both in real life and cs. You never know if a more urgent quest arrives tomorrow where you'll need $$$.

4miche
02-13-14, 07:41 AM
Build multiple of the high yielding royal buildings, use most of your energy on crops and take your time. Collecting a lot from coin buildings will also attract trolls whose horns are the rarest parts for the 25,000 coin exchange. Also don't spend the 500,000 as soon as you get them - that is bad financial management both in real life and cs. You never know if a more urgent quest arrives tomorrow where you'll need $$$.

I've been holding off on spending the 500,000. I've got about 750 right now, but I'm not sure I want to part with that much money. How much would you recommend holding in reserve? I'm pretty far in. Level 30. I've got all of the buildings, except I haven't finished the Faerie Respite, Kingdom Inn or Reindeer Stable. The only expansions I have left to do require permits...I was thinking of waiting until I hit a million, but maybe that's waiting needlessly.

ciarjen
02-13-14, 07:53 AM
I've been holding off on spending the 500,000. I've got about 750 right now, but I'm not sure I want to part with that much money. How much would you recommend holding in reserve? I'm pretty far in. Level 30. I've got all of the buildings, except I haven't finished the Faerie Respite, Kingdom Inn or Reindeer Stable. The only expansions I have left to do require permits...I was thinking of waiting until I hit a million, but maybe that's waiting needlessly.

The new quest will be out later and probably by tomorrow we will know exactly what is needed to complete it all from people who have speeded it up. As soon as you know that you will know whether or not you will need a large sum of money in the next week - if you don't, I would just finish the pet skunkupine. He's really cute :)

texanmary
02-14-14, 02:04 PM
Thanks!
Drops from the magic garden..can be used in a trade at the royal exchange.

roguebee
02-17-14, 06:24 PM
Finally completed a quest real time rather than play catch up. I have a cute skunkupine and collected once from him.

dracoonic
02-17-14, 11:42 PM
the lovecupine thingy, is there any further quest? how come i saw from page 1 it says drop valentines stuff?

crystalrayn3
02-18-14, 11:27 AM
It took ages to get everything I needed for my little skunky pet, but he is worth the hard work. He's far more attentive than a husband or boyfriend. He brings home dinner regularly, chew bones and rat tail treats, and the occasional fur coat. I am really looking forward to the 14th - I am sure he has something special planned!

:o
Hope skunky made your Valentine's special! My little critter brought me a bouquet of roses ripe with his personal cologne. It was followed by several cans of tomato paste artfully arranged in a basket weaved from rat tails. He's my favorite CS critter LOL

MiniLaura
02-18-14, 12:49 PM
the lovecupine thingy, is there any further quest? how come i saw from page 1 it says drop valentines stuff?
The pet skunkupine is not a lovecupine. It is a special skunkupine. It drops coins, various crops, fur, and tails. (And I think bones and creep teeth.)

Lovecupines are pink and drop the same things as regular (non-pet) skunkupines drop. They do not drop Valentine's items. They drop FROM (i.e. are triggered by) Valentine's items. For example, pink chickens, cows, Serenade towers, and other pink things can trigger the appearance of lovecupines.

Em_storm
03-27-14, 02:26 PM
Ok, I collected from Pepe and it triggered a skunkupine! Somehow, that just seems wrong...

rar745
04-05-14, 10:16 AM
Every 15 minutes, we gain 5 energy, and if used to collect from five Level 5 Farmhouses, we receive 490 COINS. Only 1960 COINS hourly.
After two 8-hour collections, a Level 5 Amphitheater yields 2208 COINS. Yet in just 1 hour, 20 STRAWBERRIES yield more!
(I recommend using 20 STRAWBERRY plants because you only gain 20 units of energy each hour, and STRAWBERRIES take 1 hour to grow.)

When your inventory of an item is full, you often gain coins in place of getting more of it. With STRAWBERRIES, the amount of coins is large.
With 99 STRAWBERRIES in inventory, 1 STRAWBERRY will provide you with 125 COINS. (That is Net Cost, after the cost of planting is factored in.)

If you harvest 20 STRAWBERRIES after 1 hour, you get 2500 COINS.
If you harvest 40 STRAWBERRIES after 2 hours, you get 5000 COINS.
After 16 harvests (16 hours) of 20 STRAWBERRIES, you receive 40000 COINS!

(Hello, eepopp.)

Oliver118
05-17-14, 10:59 PM
How do I attract them? I've been busy making hot sauce for the dark caves adventure, and it takes a LONG time for one to show up so I can get the tail! I've tried harvesting wheat, sugar cane & tomatoes. I've tended to my flowers. If one pops up, I'm lucky! Help? :-)

I know, I'm still trying to finish Defeating Peril, need one more Skunkupine, but I can't get it! Maybe I should try getting a tree...

zenobia42
05-26-14, 10:50 AM
Have harvested about 200 crops and flowers. It drew a TOTAL of 4 skunkupines. Have tried corn, wheat, tomatoes, strawberries, white flowers and purple flowers. Can anyone tell me, since I am all full of the crops and get annoyed at spending precious energy to harvest, well, nothing with the low inventory cap of 99.... is there any particular flower that draws skunkupines more than the others?

Also, it's VERY suspicious how, the day before my friendly skunkupine quest popped up, my crops drew about 1 skunkupine per 8 crops harvested, and now the rate is about 1 per 40.

ETA: It also doesn't help when your incredibly poor luck extends much further than not getting any skunkupines when you need them. I also just visited 43 neighbors, desperately seeking energy since the game punishes you for progressing by forcibly removing the good fruit trade for energy from you [then making the bad one ten times worse than even that (THEN giving you a quest to collect 20 rare fruits AFTER you spend the 6 you had on said horrible excuses for a fruit trade)] ... but my bad luck extends there as well. Visited 43 kingdoms. Got ZERO energy. ZERO. You know, sometimes it really does seem the game is out to get me. Logically, I know it's not so. It's just every time you feel like you start getting somewhere, a dozen doors slam in your face. Not sure I'm going to continue playing this much longer.

charismabmw33
07-23-14, 02:14 AM
Ummm the goal tell me I need to offer 500,000 to find some one to take a skunkupine. All I have is 500,000. Does that mean I'm going to be back at zero if I continue this goal.

maguar
07-23-14, 02:41 AM
It will take the $500,000 so you might want to wait until you've got some spare cash. Crops like strawberries have a high profit margin or you could go carrots/cabbages which have a longer growth time. Also try to do the monster trade in the exchange whenever you can.

PurpleScorpion76
07-23-14, 03:30 AM
I literally got this just this morning. I actually used the midsummer quest to help me further in this. I waited til I had 7,000 coins over the 500,000 do I still had some sitting there. Just out of interest I'm on level 29 can I ask what level you are on?

PurpleScorpion76
07-23-14, 03:33 AM
Oh and Pepe is totally worth it apparently. I was advised work towards this even over expansions.

zenobia42
07-23-14, 08:10 AM
Oh and Pepe is totally worth it apparently. I was advised work towards this even over expansions.

What / how often does he drop?

charismabmw33
07-23-14, 09:55 AM
I literally got this just this morning. I actually used the midsummer quest to help me further in this. I waited til I had 7,000 coins over the 500,000 do I still had some sitting there. Just out of interest I'm on level 29 can I ask what level you are on?

I'm on level 24.

charismabmw33
07-23-14, 09:58 AM
Thank you everybody for all your help.

8hat
07-23-14, 10:17 AM
Seems like he's on a 1 hour timer. I know he drops sugar cane, corn, tomatoes, rat tails, and fur. I think he drops the creep tooth sometimes and wheat. Have your volume on when you check him...he makes a funny little squeak.

beeclaire80
07-23-14, 10:44 AM
I've been debating paying the cash on this quest. Is it really worth it?

TheBoulder2
07-23-14, 10:55 AM
Pepe, the pet skunkupine, singlehandedly removed the aggrevation of scrounging for rat tails for me. Need more be said? Plus he/she is so cute :-)

8hat
07-23-14, 11:01 AM
If you have the coin, just go for it!

One day I was in a quest lull waiting for something to happen (not sure which quest but I was doing the Sabina line at the same time) and I noticed I had 450k in coin so despite any advice I when ahead and committed to it as soon as I could scrap together the rest of the money. The money you will recover from quick enough but be warned: it is a wild ride of resources to finish that one. But I had Pepe le Skunkupine long before I had 'lil Manty hatched (Manticore from the end of Sabina line).

In fact, I wish I could do it again and get another because I'm stuck again. I can't get Greselda without dragon scales to craft the night glimmer sword and I can't get the large diamond or the burning ember to hatch my dragon egg.

PurpleScorpion76
07-23-14, 12:48 PM
I'm on level 24.

I did think I was behind on quests.

PurpleScorpion76
07-23-14, 12:49 PM

I don't know.

PurpleScorpion76
07-23-14, 12:52 PM
I don't know.

Apart from rat tails. Very keen for these to start turning up :)

kooky panda
07-23-14, 02:06 PM
Once an hour.

Merging thread with the current thread for Pepe!

http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?64259-Castle-Story-Update-01-16-2014-Pet-Skunkupine&p=828239&viewfull=1#post828239

reported drops:

Edit(KP)- Known drops from pet skunkupine
Coins, XPs, Fur, Rat Tail, Corn, Wheat, Sugar Cane, Tomatoes, Creeptooth, a skunkpine will show up.

charismabmw33
07-23-14, 05:00 PM
I did think I was behind on quests.
Yeah me too. Castle story is the only teamlava that moves at a snails pace for me.

Schattenbraut81
07-26-14, 11:24 PM
Hello, it's so nice to read alle of these pepe stories. But on the other hand I'm very disappointed because my skunkupine didn't show up after me finishing the whole quest. :( what can I do? Any advice for me?

PurpleScorpion76
07-27-14, 02:01 AM
Email team lava that's what I would do. Have you visited the tavern twice? There's a party at the tavern first before you get Pepe. Pepe showed up for me this very morning and he dropped wheat. Oh well. Come on rat tails.

PurpleScorpion76
07-27-14, 02:06 AM
Yeah me too. Castle story is the only teamlava that moves at a snails pace for me.

It's weird I seem to have stumbled this morning. See sandy metal boots thread for more info, maybe it's because I visit my neighbours everyday and am home all the time due to illness. So I think with experience points I'm ahead of the storylines.

Schattenbraut81
07-27-14, 02:23 AM
@PurpleScorpion76: I completed the whole task. How can I mail them? Here in the Forum? Thanks for the advice.

SpiritWind00
07-27-14, 02:41 AM
Hello, it's so nice to read alle of these pepe stories. But on the other hand I'm very disappointed because my skunkupine didn't show up after me finishing the whole quest. :( what can I do? Any advice for me?

Double check he's not in your inventory first. If he isn't, Team Lava Support email is: support@teamlava.com

Schattenbraut81
07-27-14, 02:49 AM
It's not in my inventory. :( thanks for the answer. I'm going to mail them. :)

PurpleScorpion76
07-27-14, 02:51 AM
Sorry my forum has gone all weird everything is now marked as read so only just seen this sorry.

Schattenbraut81
07-27-14, 02:56 AM
Oh, it appeared in my inventory a few seconds ago. Thank you all!!! Can't wait till the little pepe drops some things for me. :)

Schattenbraut81
07-27-14, 03:02 AM
No problem, PurpleScorpion 76!

cocoland911
04-16-15, 09:35 AM
I have been working on getting $500,000 for the "why you have to be so heartless" task regarding the pet skunk... The quest disappeared. I am still getting the other tasks regarding the Pet skunk. Is there any way to get that quest back or will there be another chance to pay the $500,000 for the pet Skunk???

8hat
04-16-15, 09:40 AM
I have been working on getting $500,000 for the "why you have to be so heartless" task regarding the pet skunk... The quest disappeared. I am still getting the other tasks regarding the Pet skunk. Is there any way to get that quest back or will there be another chance to pay the $500,000 for the pet Skunk???

If you got to skip the half-million coin quest and you are continuing to get goals towards Pepe, then you lucked out! I remember at that stage coin was pretty hard to save up.

cocoland911
04-16-15, 09:55 AM
I Hope you are right, or hope it comes back if I have to pay. I didn't skip it, it just disappeared from my list ��. Thank you for getting back to me. I was in panic mode over this little pet skunk!

cocoland911
04-16-15, 10:05 AM
You are right, I just finished the quest and I received the precious pet Skunkupine. Thank you for your help!

totalwasteoftime
04-16-15, 10:53 AM
How many gave rat tails? Mine are always tail-less.

Not sure the drop rate. I ended up purchasing the Faerie Skunkhouse with gems from playing other games. By collecting regularly from it, I'm maxed out on rat tails. The house is only a 1x1 so I like that it doesn't take up much space.

TheRuneRealm
01-29-18, 05:15 PM
A friendly skunkupine
Find a friendly skunkupine 0/20 (defeat 20 regular skunkupines)

Really Didn't mean to
Ask Old Thomas 0/1
Ask the Actors 0/1 (visit theater)
Ask the Stable Masters 0/1
Ask the Hatchery 0/1
Ask the Librarians 0/1
Ask the Merchants 0/1

How can you be so heartless?
Offer 500,000 coins 0/1 (pay 500,000 coins)

A Thurston Foundation
Virit Thurston 0/3

Daddy Thurston
Give some Water 0/60
Give some Milk 0/30
Give some Mushrooms 0/60
Give some Apples 0/30
Give some Oranges 0/30
Give some Wool 0/30

Obedience Training
Give some Hide 0/60
Give some Jewels 0/20
Give some Ore 0/40
Give some Enchanter's Essence 0/3
Train Baby Skunkupine 0/1 (Visit Conservatory)

Gnawed Out
Check the Wheat Fields 0/50 (Collect from Wheat Fields)
Check the Flowers 0/50 (Collect from Flowers)
Check the Aspen Trees 0/25 (Chop from trees)

You can't sit with us
Ask the Neighbors for Ointment 0/50 (ask neighbors)

A spoonful of Syrup
Give Syrup 0/10
Give Strawberries 0/50
Give Magic Fruit 0/10

Young, Wild, and Free
Party at the Tavern 0/2 (Visit Tavern)

After all this you get a brown/white skunkupine, works like a farm animal, collecting from him is 4 hours colddown and drops things like sugar canes, corn, rat tails, etc

Seriously? Half a million coin + bunch of materials ... for a skunk...?! And all it seems to drop is rat tail..for that price it should drop thousand of coins+Jewels+ rat tail and much more.
I think this goal is placed on the bench for a very loong time in my realm.
It takes me about a month to save up half a mill. I'll rather use it to expand than for a very expensive skunk. Im stunned.