PDA

View Full Version : Star Rating

Unregistered
01-13-11, 07:36 AM
The worst thing about TeamLava games is the fluctuating star rating. Most people spend a lot of time on these games making neighbors and leaving tips. We recognize that the community aspect is an essential part of the game, and we have no problem with that. But it is disappointing to have a fluctuating star rating because we work hard to maintain good standings in the bakeries, cities, and restaurants we create. Please change the star rating to be permanent. We work so hard to achieve 4-star ratings, only to be back at 3 1/2 the next morning. It's not fair for the amount of time it takes to master the recipes and continue expansions.

Unregistered
01-13-11, 08:22 AM
The worst thing about TeamLava games is the fluctuating star rating. Most people spend a lot of time on these games making neighbors and leaving tips. We recognize that the community aspect is an essential part of the game, and we have no problem with that. But it is disappointing to have a fluctuating star rating because we work hard to maintain good standings in the bakeries, cities, and restaurants we create. Please change the star rating to be permanent. We work so hard to achieve 4-star ratings, only to be back at 3 1/2 the next morning. It's not fair for the amount of time it takes to master the recipes and continue expansions.

That wouldn't serve the purpose that it was intended. If the star rating stayed permanently at a level 4 then everyone would have a level 4 rating, whether they are good tippers or not. By having the rating drop each day, you need to work to keep it at a level 4, so if you have a level 4 rating it proves that you are a good tipper, and worth tipping. And likewise, if your rating continues to drop then it also proves that you aren't great at tipping. It is designed to give other community members daily "advice" on how good we are at tipping. It is possible to keep your rating at a level 4, just by continuing to tip after you hit level 4, if you tip enough people you should stay at level 4, and if you do drop to level 3 then it wont be by as much.

I am not sure how the star rating ties in with your complaint about the amount of time it takes to master recipes and expand though.

Unregistered
01-13-11, 08:31 AM
The developers of this app and others like it prey on young children to make in app purchases to line there greedy pockets. This app is nothing more then a cash generator via in app purchases. Why don't you guys make a quality app that's not aimed at ripping off young children.

Unregistered
01-13-11, 08:35 AM
The developers of this app and others like it prey on young children to make in app purchases to line there greedy pockets. This app is nothing more then a cash generator via in app purchases. Why don't you guys make a quality app that's not aimed at ripping off young children.

Ummm, what has that got to do with the star rating?

So I guess you let your child play with your device, and they made purchases... well that is your fault, not TL's. Turn off your in-app purchases and stop trying to blame other people.

Unregistered
01-13-11, 09:09 AM

Um... I agree with the second poster. Why are you complaining? If YOU'VE worked so hard on your 4-star rating to drop to 3-stars... don't you think the people who have MAINTAINED their 4-star ratings are working *a bit* harder than you, and deserve that better distinction?

I have a 4-star rating. I have NEVER dropped down from it since I started playing back in October. Are you not working "less" than me? Why should YOU get a perfect star rating for doing LESS than me? :\

Unregistered
01-13-11, 09:35 AM
Um... I agree with the second poster. Why are you complaining? If YOU'VE worked so hard on your 4-star rating to drop to 3-stars... don't you think the people who have MAINTAINED their 4-star ratings are working *a bit* harder than you, and deserve that better distinction?

I have a 4-star rating. I have NEVER dropped down from it since I started playing back in October. Are you not working "less" than me? Why should YOU get a perfect star rating for doing LESS than me? :\

I have a four star rating as well, which means I go play the games (BS & RS) on a daily basis at mutiple times of the day and tip people. It is not all fun.. it becomes a chore at times. But that means I do work at it, and spend time on it to maintain the 4. I would be disappointed if you got to keep your 4 rating and didn't tip as often as I did.

I also do not accept invites from those folks who are at a level 0, 1 or 2. I do not decline them either. I wait and see if they are going to bring up their own rating to at least a 3. If they sit there in my request list for more than a week without them increasing their rating, I then decline their request. I also periodically go through my neighbor's list and delete the neighbors who are less than a 2 rating.

Unregistered
01-13-11, 09:54 AM
I used to be a good tipper and maintained a 4 star status on all games, but now that I have reached higher levels I dont see any interest in spending hours to tip others as well as I do not need/request to be tipped. Revenues from baking are more than sufficient (I have more coins that I could ever spend) knowing that I will not change the look of my bakery/restaurant because nicest stuff requires gems which I'm not going to purchase anyway.

Amalah
01-13-11, 12:25 PM
It would be awkward to me if Star Ratings didn't drop. Every now and then I like to do a sweep of my Neighbours list and get rid of inactive neighbours. Any neighbours that stay at 0 for a week or two get removed so there are more room for active ones. ^^

*Sips Tea*