PDA

View Full Version : Bakery Update 1/15/2014

ElaineCarrel
01-14-14, 05:21 PM
I haven't seen anything posted about an update on 1-15-2014. So I'm curious as 2 what every1 else wants 2 c?
I would like 2 c either Olympic themed items or Valentine items. Since they're taking away the Winter themed items on that date it would seem safe to assume they'll b moving on 2 different items.

Edit (KP)

Red Rose Table $35,000
Red Rose Chair 10,000
Glass Rose 10 Gems
Winter Kitten 10,000
Winter Puppy 10,000
Pink Rose Wall Paper 12,500
Rose Petal tile 1 gem
Pink Rose 10 gems

Does anybody fine this update weird? Not related to the wedding goal. and prices are ridiculous

cozyreader13
01-14-14, 07:00 PM
Valentines! I'm really hoping the winter wedding goals don't count as our valentines update....

my607
01-14-14, 07:58 PM
I want to see some Valentines decorations. For example, cute heart chairs and tables. Heart balloons and cute things. I don't like Olympic.

sls0991
01-14-14, 08:56 PM
Valentine content for sure!! So sick of the winter updates, they've just been really lame. I want pink and pink and more pink lol.

filochick1982
01-14-14, 09:18 PM
Please no Olympic updates!

shanapiv
01-14-14, 09:31 PM
I agree with everyone else. Olympic isn't fun, IMO. I'd like to see a bunch of pink and red stuff! Right now my bakery is a winter wonderland but after January I want to make it all pink, lol

bobbyrae
01-15-14, 07:24 AM
Please no Olympic updates!

Lol. I wouldn't mind Winter Olympic stuff...so long as they are relevant to a bakery. Would love to see some actual tiles that look like snow. But Vday decor would be cool too.

LalaSmooth
01-15-14, 07:44 AM
It's another month to Valentines so doubt we will see that yet but hoping for recipes on the regular oven

applesauce510
01-15-14, 10:13 AM
Valentine content for sure!! So sick of the winter updates, they've just been really lame. I want pink and pink and more pink lol. This! Pink and more pink! So tired of winter. Give me pretty frilly cute things. I can't get into RS because i just don't find the decor "cute".

ashrb
01-15-14, 11:02 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing decor related to the winter wedding, perhaps an actual wedding cake, more flowers, maybe some wedding guests dancing. And please let it be a fair update, not gem heavy.

minidemon88
01-15-14, 12:29 PM
Updates is here! We got a rose theme. XD

78story
01-15-14, 12:32 PM
Omg! It's all GORGEOUS! Thanks TL! I'm Loving this theme !

igames4me
01-15-14, 12:33 PM
Omg I love this update
Table chairs kitten dog everything
Great job tl

minidemon88
01-15-14, 12:36 PM
Oh ya, forgot to mention. It's more of a coins updates this week. Yay!

igames4me
01-15-14, 12:38 PM
Wow would have been great with a pretty rosy lto

I don't see any lto?

mjauuuu
01-15-14, 12:41 PM
Gorgeous update! This week BS got the best update no doubt. Loving all the rose items and even the cute puppy and kitten for COINS :) Thanks TL! I can't wait to decorate for valentine's.

Nelvette
01-15-14, 12:46 PM
Red Rose Table $35,000
Red Rose Chair 10,000
Glass Rose 10 Gems
Winter Kitten 10,000
Winter Puppy 10,000
Rose Petal tile 1 gem
Pink Rose 10 gems

Does anybody fine this update weird? Not related to the wedding goal. and prices are ridiculous.

edit(KP) added to post 1

nky1111
01-15-14, 12:56 PM
it's for valentines day

SnoEternal
01-15-14, 01:00 PM
Nice update.. Has inspired me to master the rest of the recipes on the rose oven heh..

minidemon88
01-15-14, 01:03 PM
Wow would have been great with a pretty rosy lto

I don't see any lto?

No LTO from what I seen. I was hoping for one too. :(

StevenKevin
01-15-14, 01:07 PM
A rather fair update nothing too expensive. I just wonder why valentine stuff often looks so... girly

rita6834
01-15-14, 01:17 PM
Red Rose Table $35,000
Red Rose Chair 10,000
Glass Rose 10 Gems
Winter Kitten 10,000
Winter Puppy 10,000
Rose Petal tile 1 gem
Pink Rose 10 gems

Does anybody fine this update weird? Not related to the wedding goal. and prices are ridiculous.
Thx for posting

ashrb
01-15-14, 01:18 PM
Hmm, I really like the rose theme they're going for, I'm happy to see everything apart from a few items costs coins, but this update still falls flat for me. Why is the only decor a cat & dog?? It doesn't really seem to tie in with the rose theme. They're cute, but they just don't make sense to me. It would be nice to have a lot more decor to decorate with because it gets boring when there is nothing else to buy for coins.

sls0991
01-15-14, 02:03 PM
Really love the table and chair. The little rose stool is actually my favorite, fits nicely with my forest theme. No valentine decor though, kind of disappointing. I'll be picking up that kitty though. :)

Snowlotus04
01-15-14, 02:15 PM
Oh **** really like the rose petal floor tile...wish it wasn't for gems!!! The only thing!!! Whyyyyy T-T

carabellexo
01-15-14, 02:54 PM
The tables are gorgeous. Beautiful design :)

78story
01-15-14, 03:14 PM
The tables are gorgeous. Beautiful design :)

They really are. The Glass Top is translucent in the very edge and the colors are perfect! They really outdid themselves with this update and , in my opinion, are the MOST BEAUTIFUL tables I have ever seen on BS. <3333

78story
01-15-14, 03:16 PM
A rather fair update nothing too expensive. I just wonder why valentine stuff often looks so... girly

I think that's true with Valentine's Day in general. What kind of decor would you suggest in order to make it less feminine and more masculine? I'd love to hear ideas from the males here :)

filochick1982
01-15-14, 03:17 PM
How hard is it to make tables and chairs that MATCH exactly? Seriously. The items are pretty on their own but WHY don't they match?

rosewaterlily
01-15-14, 03:31 PM
Like the rose theme, very elegant. I especially like the wallpaper. Haven't bought anything yet since I'm not sure how it all fits into the the winter wedding theme, and I just spent millions of coins buying new counters and Christmas/fall items recently.

mergirl96
01-15-14, 03:39 PM
Hmm. Maybe I'm the only one, but personally I'd have liked an update like this in February. At least there's cute stuff.

ElaineCarrel
01-15-14, 03:59 PM
BS definitely got the better update this wk. RS has a weird 1 this wk, Twisted. They got a really cute, but expensive LTO. The tables in RS cost gems so BS consider ourselves lucky. Now wonder if if TL will continue the rose theme thru Valentines or will it change?

Snowlotus04
01-15-14, 04:11 PM
I think that's true with Valentine's Day in general. What kind of decor would you suggest in order to make it less feminine and more masculine? I'd love to hear ideas from the males here :)

Haha that's a unique thought, even though valentines day are made for woman in general. I'd say something to do with chocolates, perhaps a table and chair made of chocolate (white, milk, dark, peppermint, hazelnut, name it lol).

~From a female point of view ;)

lavanyadhir
01-15-14, 04:15 PM
ohh man! just look at those chairs and counters!! absolutely loving the update :-) :-) very nice tables too but i loved the counter more :-) i would prefer not to keep food over it otherwise its rose base will hide.. its design should have been for table... lovely :-) nice wallpaper too! put a window on top of it and the vines seen above and below it look great :-)

OnCloudDivine
01-15-14, 04:36 PM
Incredibly impressed with content and prices this week; please continue this theme with a rose lto next week, tl!

MizCricket
01-15-14, 04:56 PM
Love this update! That's two great weeks in a row. Nice job TL! :-)

hiralhg
01-15-14, 05:12 PM
I have the kitten and the puppy for 15000 .... But here its posted 10000... Can anyone clarify...thanx

ElaineCarrel
01-15-14, 05:36 PM
I have the kitten and the puppy for 15000 .... But here its posted 10000... Can anyone clarify...thanx
I also paid 15,000 per animal, it must b a discount 4 moderators. hey KP will u arrange a refund of 10,000 coins since u listed both animals at 10,000 coins and we were charged 15,000 4 each one? Thx KP

IsisGarden
01-15-14, 06:13 PM
Winter Kitten 10,000
Winter Puppy 10,000

As much as I don't like animals in my bakery, I am going to have to get the cute Winter animals. I will have to create an outside area for them. Too cute.

IsisGarden
01-15-14, 06:14 PM
Love this update! That's two great weeks in a row. Nice job TL! :-)

I agree with you. I wish we could have gotten a Winter Wedding cake like the Fall Wedding cake. That would have made it ultra fabulous.

MsBrookeNicole
01-15-14, 07:22 PM
It's all so pretty!

I'll definitely be buying a set of the table and chairs, the kitten,and maybe some of the wallpaper. I'll wait until near Valentine's Day to put it out, though.

shanapiv
01-15-14, 07:43 PM
lOve the kitten and puppy! They go with my winter theme...Once I switch my bakery to V-Day I think the rose stuff will go in nice. But who pays gems for tiles? smh...that's just me...I would never spend real money for gems..I earn them so it just seems like buying tiles is throwing lots of work away

applesauce510
01-15-14, 09:28 PM
Well maybe I'm alone here...but I don't like it. Reminds me of the awful rose stuff from last year. I hope this isn't a preview of what's coming for Valentines day. I love the decor from a couple years ago. I want to see chocolates, pink, and pretty hearts. This looks very granny like to me. The cat and dog are mehh...

srg70
01-15-14, 11:00 PM
I really like this update but think the items are expensive. I almost have enough coins for my 30 million expansion so I'm going to have to hold off buying the items this week and maybe buy some next week:(

AutumnHikari
01-15-14, 11:23 PM
I like this theme a lot! The roses go well with Valentines but also aren't so Valentine-y that they would look out of place the rest of the year. Wish there was some sort of floor decor though! I mean besides cute puppy and freaky kitty.

Snowlotus04
01-15-14, 11:34 PM
I really like this update but think the items are expensive. I almost have enough coins for my 30 million expansion so I'm going to have to hold off buying the items this week and maybe buy some next week:(

Do you cook red velvet everyday?? I'm trying to get to my next 10m expansion, but I'm too busy trying to max the goal ovens, so I haven't been cooking any red velvet cake, if you do, how many red velvet cakes do you cook in a day??

CuteTali
01-16-14, 12:30 AM
LOVE the rose theme, so cute and so nice to use for valentine's decor. The little rose stools are so adorable and the tables are nice, I like how they made it shiney and sleek. The counters are extremely cute!!! They should've made tables that look exactly like those counters. Too bad they're gems though, I don't like using gems for counters, since it's hard to see them well with food on top anyway. The wallpaper has too much blue, I would've preferred a pink one or something more "rosey". Don't care for animals in my bakery much, but I know some people like that sort of thing. The tiles are nice too. Overall this is a nice update.

xoxjenn
01-16-14, 12:45 AM
I love the rose table & chair! The floor tiles are cute, but I don't like gem tiles. Lol.
The rest is a little iffy.
But I hope we get some cute stuff for Valentines Day!

tennysonrobin
01-16-14, 04:43 AM

wait, is there any male playing this game?? :D

bobbyrae
01-16-14, 07:41 AM

Lol. Where would you find valentine's stuff that looked...manly? :p

AuntyRose32
01-16-14, 08:04 AM
I think the update is great. I love the table and chair. The counter is really beautiful, I just wish they had used this design for a table instead because with food sitting on top of it all the time you won't see how pretty it is. Maybe they'll bring out a table and chair to match it next week...fingers crossed. Cute wallpaper and tile, both can be used all year round I think, not too Valentine-ish. I like the winter puppy and kitten, don't usually like animals in clothes (traumatised from playing farm story...lol) but these little guys I will get for my outside area. I'd like to see more wall decor for this theme, please don't forget about the walls TL. I hope there's a rose themed LTO next week too.

78story
01-16-14, 10:12 AM
Haha that's a unique thought, even though valentines day are made for woman in general. I'd say something to do with chocolates, perhaps a table and chair made of chocolate (white, milk, dark, peppermint, hazelnut, name it lol).

~From a female point of view ;)

Ohhh.. Chocolate table and chairs would be amazing! I can picture chocolate heart shaped table and chairs in milk chocolate. White chocolate center heart with the words "I ♥ U" or "Kiss Me" in red; similar to the candy hearts and their cute little sayings. I agree that is much less feminine than roses.... but I just adore the roses too lol :-)

LadyZhenJi
01-16-14, 02:56 PM
I really liked the tables and chairs. I'm a little sad that there aren't any red or pink tiles that are for money (at least that I could find). My bakery is a mess right now. I need to spend some time refocusing its theme. I'm all over the place.

Snowlotus04
01-16-14, 04:39 PM
Ohhh.. Chocolate table and chairs would be amazing! I can picture chocolate heart shaped table and chairs in milk chocolate. White chocolate center heart with the words "I ♥ U" or "Kiss Me" in red; similar to the candy hearts and their cute little sayings. I agree that is much less feminine than roses.... but I just adore the roses too lol :-)

I just thought of having wallpapers with the words "Be mine" all over it for valentines day, maybe the tiles too, that'd be something I don't think we ever had ;) I'm hoping for more tiles in pinkish peach color, or hot pink!! A color we never had before for V day!

zZ_guera_Zz
01-16-14, 04:55 PM
wait, is there any male playing this game?? :D

My fianc? plays lol. His bakery is super boring though, all solid colors. He wants more black and grey furniture, tiles and wallpaper. Not so sure I've ever seen an all-black bakery in real life, though. Lol

78story
01-16-14, 07:08 PM
I just thought of having wallpapers with the words "Be mine" all over it for valentines day, maybe the tiles too, that'd be something I don't think we ever had ;) I'm hoping for more tiles in pinkish peach color, or hot pink!! A color we never had before for V day!
Oh that would be adorable! You're speaking my language! I love hot pink! I know a lot of players love pastels but I like bold and exciting colors lol.

78story
01-16-14, 07:09 PM
My fianc? plays lol. His bakery is super boring though, all solid colors. He wants more black and grey furniture, tiles and wallpaper. Not so sure I've ever seen an all-black bakery in real life, though. Lol

Ha, you are lucky. My husband won't even let me talk about the game to him because once I get started, I won't stop lol. :)

srg70
01-16-14, 09:08 PM
Do you cook red velvet everyday?? I'm trying to get to my next 10m expansion, but I'm too busy trying to max the goal ovens, so I haven't been cooking any red velvet cake, if you do, how many red velvet cakes do you cook in a day??

I do cook only red velvet cake everyday. I cook it on about 32 of my ovens. The other ovens are my goal ovens. I also put the red velvet on 4-6 counters so at least 50% of my sales are red velvet cake. I don't really like the look of the red velvet cake so I hide them behind my movie screen!

zZ_guera_Zz
01-16-14, 09:39 PM
Ha, you are lucky. My husband won't even let me talk about the game to him because once I get started, I won't stop lol. :)
You've got to try him on Restaurant Story first. Its so much more manly lol. Mine got intrigued bec I was always checking my restaurant and bakery and one day he said "Is that really that fun?" I was like oh yes, try it! He's not nearly as into it as I am, but once I taught him a few tricks to keep the food on his counters he liked it well enough. He's a gamer anyway though in general, so it was easy to convert him :)

Snowlotus04
01-16-14, 11:10 PM
I do cook only red velvet cake everyday. I cook it on about 32 of my ovens. The other ovens are my goal ovens. I also put the red velvet on 4-6 counters so at least 50% of my sales are red velvet cake. I don't really like the look of the red velvet cake so I hide them behind my movie screen!

Haha I don't blame you, you get sick and tired of looking at the same cake over and over again! It's going to be difficult for me to get 32 ovens out because of the layout I have right now (not even 20 out atm). I've been trying to max out the goal ovens... So I haven't had any regular ovens out. Such headache for me to even pass 3m because I've been buying the new stuffs... X.x

Wait how come I can't put more than 18 ovens?? How do you get 32 ovens out at once?

shanapiv
01-16-14, 11:27 PM
You've got to try him on Restaurant Story first. Its so much more manly lol. Mine got intrigued bec I was always checking my restaurant and bakery and one day he said "Is that really that fun?" I was like oh yes, try it! He's not nearly as into it as I am, but once I taught him a few tricks to keep the food on his counters he liked it well enough. He's a gamer anyway though in general, so it was easy to convert him :)

My boyfriend won't try it :( In fact, everytime I'm on it or when I talk about it, he rolls his eyes!

xoxjenn
01-17-14, 01:37 AM
My boyfriend won't try it :( In fact, everytime I'm on it or when I talk about it, he rolls his eyes!

My boyfriend would never play it RS or BS. Lol. He is more into PS4.
But he knows my addiction to BS & for Christmas he even bought me gems as one of my gifts. Lol.
I got my first smart phone when we first started dating (3 & a half yrs ago) & I've been playing ever since then.

juxtaposition
01-17-14, 02:03 AM
Is anyone else a teeny bit worried? I mean we got chairs and tables which could be called Valentines themed and counters... All the usual stuff required for goals... I reckon Valentines might be purchase only items... I can't see TL releasing a second set for goals. Just an observation though.

srg70
01-17-14, 07:06 AM
Haha I don't blame you, you get sick and tired of looking at the same cake over and over again! It's going to be difficult for me to get 32 ovens out because of the layout I have right now (not even 20 out atm). I've been trying to max out the goal ovens... So I haven't had any regular ovens out. Such headache for me to even pass 3m because I've been buying the new stuffs... X.x

Wait how come I can't put more than 18 ovens?? How do you get 32 ovens out at once?

I bought oven slots with gems when they were a lot cheaper. I haven't bought any since the price hike though.

YvieKennaCafe
01-17-14, 10:49 AM
How about a scantily-clad... oh wait... um. Valentines isn't really a male-friendly "holiday." I'd suggest some black roses or some stuff with red and black. Definitely no pink.

bobbyrae
01-17-14, 11:23 AM
How about a scantily-clad... oh wait... um. Valentines isn't really a male-friendly "holiday." I'd suggest some black roses or some stuff with red and black. Definitely no pink.

Scantily clad red and black roses? :rolleyes:

78story
01-17-14, 12:39 PM
Scantily clad red and black roses? :rolleyes:
Lol!!

But really... Black Roses would be Amazing!! With Long Flowing Red Ribbon!<3

78story
01-17-14, 12:48 PM
Am I worried about Valentine's Day goals? Hmm.... Maybe just a little bit.

If this is meant to be the Valentine's Day goals, I think they hit it out of the park. I am happy they gave the goals early with plenty of time to complete them casually and still leave more time for players to enjoy the decor before the big day arrives.

If they release another set of goals with a Love theme, I'd be super happy! I'd like to see a cute date or dare I ask.... a proposal with a little guy in a tuxedo bent on one knee. In his hands a diamond engagement ring! <3333 Omg!! It would be soooooo amazing!! <33

78story
01-17-14, 01:03 PM

It must be fun to play with him and talk about the game. I don't think he would like RS either, as he's not into video games at all. He knows how much I love my games though. He gave me a few gift cards for Christmas to spend on my games!<3 :)

I do enjoy playing with my sister too, we both talk about the game and help each other complete the goals. For Christmas I bought my niece a new netbook with a keyboard and case. She always liked my restaurants so I set her up an account and she's learning as time comes along. She is also super excited about the new rose tables, but because she's low leveled she can't purchase them yet. It's actually really nice to play with people you know in real life; give them tips, send them gifts, answer request. :)

clarissadw
01-17-14, 05:58 PM
Despite my nickname, I'm a guy that loves to cook and also bake a little. My favorite chefs are almost all women: Sara Moulton, Madeleine Kamman, Jacques Pepin, and, of course, the wonderful Two Fat Ladies, Clarissa D. Wright and Jennifer Paterson. Perhaps I should have chosen jpepin as a nickname, but que sera sera. (Then again, Clarissa deserves the respect, especially considering that I can't even write her full name on this message board...)

Bakery Story's a bit rough for a guy. I just spent 2 million redecorating after this update because I couldn't find a decent color scheme that isn't blinding. Put up 6 rose tables and chairs as a second centerpiece to contrast with all the light blue from the wedding decor and absolutely hate them--No way I'd want to eat in such a garish establishment--though a few aren't so bad along the wall. I'm still far from happy with it. Restaurant Story seems to have a more acceptable selection of decor for my tastes.

Do those rose chairs give you thorns when you sit on them?

jdwalton46
01-19-14, 12:03 PM
Yeah those prices r kind of high...

jdwalton46
01-19-14, 12:11 PM
I just started playing bakery story but I can't figure out how to add neighbors...can anybody help...

ElaineCarrel
01-19-14, 05:06 PM
I just started playing bakery story but I can't figure out how to add neighbors...can anybody help...
I know that this thread is off topic but I hope it helps u.
Welcome 2 the game and it's very easy 2 do if u follow these steps.
1. Go to top of this pg and click on the Team Lava link
2 this link w take u 2 TL's mastery link and scroll down 2 were it says ADD ME and click here
3 on this pg scroll down to Bakery Story and click here and this will take u to the dedicated pg 4 Bakery Story Add Mes.
4. On this pg ull c all different types of threads. Ur best bet is 2 find the 1 that's specifically 4 the month of January 2014 and click on it and start reading here.
Ur gonna want 2 find players like urself who r fairly new and r probably in the lvl range of 10-30. Most of the people who post their Ids here r like u- new and looking 4 nbrs and most will just have their id posted no information or anything. Now I posted my I'd there because I'm looking 4 established players and I listed some strict criteria.
Hopefully this will get u started in finding more nbrs.
U also might want 2 go ahead and post ur id also just like everyone else.
Good luck.

shanapiv
01-19-14, 09:45 PM
My boyfriend would never play it RS or BS. Lol. He is more into PS4.
But he knows my addiction to BS & for Christmas he even bought me gems as one of my gifts. Lol.
I got my first smart phone when we first started dating (3 & a half yrs ago) & I've been playing ever since then.

PS3 for him here! i could only dream of him buying me gems for Rs and BS! I don't even buy em' myself, lol

AnnasCoffee
01-20-14, 10:26 AM
More cakes. Less kitties... please.

cherryberry9
01-20-14, 04:40 PM
More cakes. Less kitties... please.

Or puppies for that matter....