PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Update 1-14-2014 Hook Dragon

cedkugedchgd
01-14-14, 11:35 AM
fairytale x red x black

i dont get it? how are we supposed to breed fairytale?

Edit(KP) 10 Hours

Fairytale/Goblin 10 hours
After many many fails
Loving the egg :)

big bad/goblin got it! 3rd try woohooo...was scared of the 52 possibilities for a minute. Good luck everyone

dalexxx
01-14-14, 11:40 AM
Fairytale goblin? :3

813vv
01-14-14, 11:40 AM
Give up right away when I see Fairytale element...

jus7_me89
01-14-14, 11:59 AM
if you breed the fairytale with the goblin you will get 50 results ! what the hell is this ? :|

kooky panda
01-14-14, 11:59 AM
Fairytale and Big Bad Dragons are back!

NouraMoh
01-14-14, 12:13 PM
After many many fails

dalexxx
01-14-14, 12:23 PM
After many many fails

Wow you are always quick noura congrats ::3

NouraMoh
01-14-14, 12:26 PM
Thanks sweetie :)
Just pure luck and lots of gold for speeding :)

Kami365
01-14-14, 12:32 PM
After many many fails

Congrats NouraMoh,certainly excellent worked,.I can't breed Hook dragon,don't have Goblin & Mask:confused:

awsumum
01-14-14, 12:37 PM
After many many fails

Well done darling :*

I got Titan (32 hours) and athletic? (11 hours) guess hook is hiding out with oracle! I'm very happy for you tho, sweetie :)

killah611
01-14-14, 12:49 PM
big bad/goblin got it! 3rd try woohooo...was scared of the 52 possibilities for a minute. Good luck everyone

killah611
01-14-14, 12:50 PM
1st fail was a tinsel which ive been trying forever with every possible combo

freshfunin2008
01-14-14, 01:20 PM
What an ugly long list of potential fails.

awsumum
01-14-14, 01:23 PM

I think I'm getting everyones fails, some of them twice or more :(

Titan
Coral x3
Fruitful x3
Mindvolt x3
Familiar x2
Genie x4
Firestorm x4

I've got no where to put hook, oracle, amazon anyway. They would just have to stay as eggs :( as I have no room.

Well done to everyone who has managed to breed hook! Can I borrow your luck?

buttabdullah99
01-14-14, 01:38 PM
Can we breed ninja with fairytale for this dragon bcoz don't have goblin any suggestion plz

aussiejules
01-14-14, 01:39 PM
Well done darling :*

I got Titan (32 hours) and athletic? (11 hours) guess hook is hiding out with oracle! I'm very happy for you tho, sweetie :)

Good morning hun..

Ok I havent neither goblin or big bad any other combos if not looks like this ones a pass...
Or id have to get big bad or goblin anyone has combos for them?

tuskmage
01-14-14, 01:49 PM
Can we breed ninja with fairytale for this dragon bcoz don't have goblin any suggestion plz

Breed any Fairytale with any Champion dragons should work for Hook, Fairytale/Mask should work too.

leprechaun31783
01-14-14, 02:14 PM
I'm still trying for gingerbread.

How the heck do you people get all these new dragons? Tried for days getting the Cerberus and all I got was firestorm EVERY TIME. gave up yesterday; first time since that dragon came out. I really want it.

I have zero luck breeding anything other than the stupid common dragons that we already have

pribakes
01-14-14, 02:30 PM
1st fail was a tinsel which ive been trying forever with every possible combo

Congrats on tinsel, what combo did you use? I've been trying to get tinsel with no luck :( good luck :)

jus7_me89
01-14-14, 02:35 PM
I'm still trying for gingerbread.

How the heck do you people get all these new dragons? Tried for days getting the Cerberus and all I got was firestorm EVERY TIME. gave up yesterday; first time since that dragon came out. I really want it.

I have zero luck breeding anything other than the stupid common dragons that we already have

There are always the same people who get these new dragons and they get them VERY fast. In just few min/hours they have the dragons in their nests. Good for them ! I wish i could be one of them but unfortunately i get ONLY commons. Congrats for those who got this one and the cerberus. It would be cool if TL would give us, the other players a chance to breed the new ones. i tried for cerberus since day 1 and i got ONLY commons : mists, firestorms and some corals. i will try for this one because i have the fairytale dragons ( except the hook of course ) and i also have a goblin and 7 champions. Hope i will get it

chaselance
01-14-14, 03:23 PM
After many many fails

Hi nouramoh I was just curious if you seemed to be having a harder time lately breeding new dragons and having to spend more than normal amount of gold speeding breeding to finally get your dragons? Because I have been a loyal player for a couple years and play everyday and constantly buy gold and i haven't gotten a new dragon on this island in three weeks and haven't gotten a new dragon on artic in two months and was wondering if anyone else was having this same problem lately or if TL just hates me right now?

pribakes
01-14-14, 03:40 PM
After many many fails

Congrats :)

jus7_me89
01-14-14, 03:45 PM
Hi nouramoh I was just curious if you seemed to be having a harder time lately breeding new dragons and having to spend more than normal amount of gold speeding breeding to finally get your dragons? Because I have been a loyal player for a couple years and play everyday and constantly buy gold and i haven't gotten a new dragon on this island in three weeks and haven't gotten a new dragon on artic in two months and was wondering if anyone else was having this same problem lately or if TL just hates me right now?

i also have the same problem ! from 23th december 2013 untill 14th january 2014 i only got COMMONS and 2 rares ( rainbow and mindvolt ), but i already have those. I stopped buying gold because i always end up using it on failed breedings and i always get frustrated. So, now i try for the new dragons without using gold and i'm getting COMMONS ! it doesnt matter what combo i use, i get the same ugly commons ! Yesterday, after almost 1 month of getting the same annoying dragons, i finally got a clockwork when i was trying for tinsel. Since then, i got another mist and an island. Don't know what is going on, but for me it's HARDER to breed rare and super-rare dragons lately. i hope this will change...

jenifer1015
01-14-14, 03:53 PM
I'm pretty New to the game and need neighbors anybody wanna help;)

lorentw
01-14-14, 03:57 PM
I'm pretty New to the game and need neighbors anybody wanna help;)
you can post your id on the "add me thread" if you want you can add me my id is lorentw

Kami365
01-14-14, 05:07 PM
Breed any Fairytale with any Champion dragons should work for Hook, Fairytale/Mask should work too.

Thank you tuskmage, I'll try Fairytale & Black knight.

Emeralding
01-14-14, 05:35 PM
i also have the same problem ! from 23th december 2013 untill 14th january 2014 i only got COMMONS and 2 rares ( rainbow and mindvolt ), but i already have those. I stopped buying gold because i always end up using it on failed breedings and i always get frustrated. So, now i try for the new dragons without using gold and i'm getting COMMONS ! it doesnt matter what combo i use, i get the same ugly commons ! Yesterday, after almost 1 month of getting the same annoying dragons, i finally got a clockwork when i was trying for tinsel. Since then, i got another mist and an island. Don't know what is going on, but for me it's HARDER to breed rare and super-rare dragons lately. i hope this will change...

They have definitely tightened up the breeding A LOT! I spend a lot of money on gold and it disappears quick with nothing to show for it. I blew threw a ton trying for Cerberus. We are talking 100ish tries. Nothing but fails. I did get 2 Trojans but that is not what I was after. I have always been able to breed a dragon with persistence. Not Cerberus. I started to try for Hook. First try was Poison. I wanted to vomit! I quit that nightmare immediately. I am just letting Mythic and Bat hang out in the breeding den from now on. Nothing else I need to breed besides this obvious gold sucker.

tuskmage
01-14-14, 05:47 PM
Thank you tuskmage, I'll try Fairytale & Black knight.

Wish you lots of luck, hope that will work for you :)

For some who forgot Champions elements = Black+Red. Fairytale elements = Green+Yellow

They have definitely tightened up the breeding A LOT! I spend a lot of money on gold and it disappears quick with nothing to show for it. I blew threw a ton trying for Cerberus. We are talking 100ish tries. Nothing but fails. I did get 2 Trojans but that is not what I was after. I have always been able to breed a dragon with persistence. Not Cerberus. I started to try for Hook. First try was Poison. I wanted to vomit! I quit that nightmare immediately. I am just letting Mythic and Bat hang out in the breeding den from now on. Nothing else I need to breed besides this obvious gold sucker.

You should ride with Altas/Bat they looks like the same species ;)

walhalladragon
01-14-14, 07:18 PM
Fairytale and goblin give 52 possibilities. I wasted a week breeding mythic and bat trying for either a cerberus or trojan and got nothing but commons and a few rares that I didn't need. Now of the 52 possibilities with this combo I need 2---clockwork and hook!! I'm not wasting any more money on this game...with odds like these it's rapidly not fun anymore!! I didn't get but 2 of the holiday dragons and none since then. They are just making the dragons more difficult to get so some people will spend money on the gold to buy them or speed the combos!! I'd buy gold to get food and use to speed up things if there was a possibility that I might get the dragons but I don't believe it'll help anymore!!!

walhalladragon
01-14-14, 07:22 PM

Everyone is having the problems. I've had a number of players who have played for yrs. quit because of the problems! I've only been playing since Oct but have noticed that in the last month it has become impossible to get any new dragons. They'll **** the game if they don't change things up soon. I've never been able to breed an ice age dragon so I've never even been able to play the artic island.

LadyAggie06
01-14-14, 08:14 PM
I haven't been able to get an ice dragon either...

chaselance
01-14-14, 08:40 PM
Well I am glad to know its not just me I thought I was going crazy trying for Cerberus and oracle and spent easily 1000 gold with nothing to show for it is ridiculous and you are right if TL persists like this they will start losing their loyal following and regular gold buyers

dracoonic
01-14-14, 11:41 PM
I think I'm getting everyones fails, some of them twice or more :(

Titan
Coral x3
Fruitful x3
Mindvolt x3
Familiar x2
Genie x4
Firestorm x4

I've got no where to put hook, oracle, amazon anyway. They would just have to stay as eggs :( as I have no room.

Well done to everyone who has managed to breed hook! Can I borrow your luck?

oh, thats 275 gold for speed breeding, ouch!

dragonhoarders
01-14-14, 11:54 PM
I also think that the chance of breeding anything new has been reduced. I no longer have any interest in buying gold after so many common fails when trying for anything new

draquis
01-15-14, 01:06 AM
In my game it has always been like that, impossible to get more than 1-2 new dragons per month, even speeding up with gold. I only get rares and commons, and from time to time, a super rare, but never a new one, always one I already have. I spent 700 gold trying for skeleton and failed, after that I won,t buy gold any more.

awsumum
01-15-14, 03:10 AM
oh, thats 275 gold for speed breeding, ouch!

I forgot to put the island fails in too :( there's been at least 6 or 7 of those, and a New Years and another 3 genies and a super and *sigh* (lol) this is a litte frustrating! I'm not wanting to speed anymore, but I am missing oracle and hook, and still gotta get amazon! good luck everyone! If anyone manages to breed hook, can I borrow your luck? :)

buttabdullah99
01-15-14, 08:27 AM
I just breed big bad/mask and got 11 hrs it's mirage new dragon for me ;);):) gud luck everyone for this dragon :):):)

Kennedward
01-15-14, 09:05 AM
Wow, this dragon doesn't look good at all for me, so I won't even try to breed for it

MissStateGirl
01-15-14, 09:16 AM
Since I don't even have a Fairytale Dragon.. but I do have Parakeet (Yellow and Green) and Goblin (Black and Red).. Think this combo will work.. maybe at least get me that Fairytale that I don't have yet?

echo005
01-15-14, 09:34 AM
i tried with fairytale/goblin and just got reindeer

tuskmage
01-15-14, 10:58 AM
Since I don't even have a Fairytale Dragon.. but I do have Parakeet (Yellow and Green) and Goblin (Black and Red).. Think this combo will work.. maybe at least get me that Fairytale that I don't have yet?

You need to have a Fairytale element in order to get Hook.

Hook = Fairytale + Black+Red. NOT Yellow+Green+Black+Red. Hope that help.

spectacular2nv
01-15-14, 12:04 PM
Is it just me or are these dragons impossible to breed

MissStateGirl
01-15-14, 12:17 PM
You need to have a Fairytale element in order to get Hook.

Hook = Fairytale + Black+Red. NOT Yellow+Green+Black+Red. Hope that help.

Thanks Yes this does make since. I was just hoping since Fairytale is combo of Yellow and Green that If I combined this with my Goblin that it might work.

cakeandpie
01-15-14, 03:38 PM

You could get Fairytale from that, but you cannot get any other fairytale-type dragons without a Fairytale to breed with. In other words, yellow and green will get you Fairytale but not any of the other fairytale types. So I'd put only yellow and green together until you get Fairytale--reduces the number of potential fails, and all yellow/green fails are 10 hours or less, so not too bad.

awsumum
01-15-14, 04:39 PM
Is it just me or are these dragons impossible to breed

Not just you, hun :( I, too, am having a very hard time trying to breed this and oracle. I wish you good luck (with all my fingers crossed!)

buttabdullah99
01-16-14, 03:34 PM
I am breeding mask/big bad ang again and again getting 3 or 6 hrs life's and wilds nothing else 1st try got mirage (new) 2nd mist 3rd life 4th life 5th wild :(:(

jus7_me89
01-16-14, 04:45 PM
I am breeding mask/big bad ang again and again getting 3 or 6 hrs life's and wilds nothing else 1st try got mirage (new) 2nd mist 3rd life 4th life 5th wild :(:(

lucky you ! i got a poision ! and of course...lots of lifes and genies.

LadyAggie06
01-16-14, 05:05 PM
So I've lost all day to gold level 14.... Sigh...

daughtryville
01-16-14, 11:56 PM
i don't have goblin yet
is there any other good combo besides fairytale and goblin?
plz and thank you

good luck to all and congrats to those who got it :)

jbay25
01-17-14, 12:20 AM
How can we breed fairytale when its expired but new goal for a hook dragon..

daughtryville
01-17-14, 12:54 AM
How can we breed fairytale when its expired but new goal for a hook dragon..

green and yellow makes fairytale... its back in the market :)

buttmarb
01-17-14, 01:39 AM
FYI.. If u breed FAIRYTAIL X TROJAN you will get hook and cerebas along with other recent released dragons. 56 outcomes only 4 more than the other pr'ing (Fairytail x goblin )

buttmarb
01-17-14, 01:42 AM
i don't have goblin yet
is there any other good combo besides fairytale and goblin?
plz and thank you

good luck to all and congrats to those who got it :)
Trojan x Fairytail ..
....gave me oracle too!!!

daughtryville
01-17-14, 02:05 AM
FYI.. If u breed FAIRYTAIL X TROJAN you will get hook and cerebas along with other recent released dragons. 56 outcomes only 4 more than the other pr'ing (Fairytail x goblin )

thank you so much!
unfortunately I don't have Trojan yet either...
I might start trying for that one... been trying for goblin with no luck.. hopefully my luck will change

thank you again!! :)

LadyAggie06
01-17-14, 07:16 AM
So has anyone bred this dragon successfully? I tried with BK and Dynasty/Fairtytale... but no such luck...

buttmarb
01-17-14, 12:48 PM
Trojan is a much easier dragon to get now. And then using it w fairytale to get the others.
Trojan x fairytale :Cercrebus ,Hook, Trojan ,new year, oracle, it can also produce the new "RED QUEEN" which is 24hr breed time if I remember right??? For iOS there are 54 poss. Outcomes with this pr'ing.

Jrod333
01-17-14, 01:06 PM
What I want to know , is why release new dragons that they know need new habitats but no habitats increase ? Why not dino or stone or even 1 gemstone ? I'm sure others have space for as well

matchbox222
01-17-14, 01:08 PM
It reminds me of caption hook

Emeralding
01-17-14, 02:43 PM
How is Oracle a possibility from Trojan and Fairytale? There is no white in that combo. What am I missing?

awsumum
01-17-14, 03:04 PM
So has anyone bred this dragon successfully? I tried with BK and Dynasty/Fairtytale... but no such luck...

I have! FINALLY!!! After many (many, many) goes I traded my level 6 goblin and brought out my level 8 from stables (which, admittedly, I did forget about) and after about 3-4 goes, I got hook! Yay!

Good luck everyone (I really hope someone gets hook as a fail for red queen!)

belbar22
01-17-14, 03:08 PM
I have! FINALLY!!! After many (many, many) goes I traded my level 6 goblin and brought out my level 8 from stables (which, admittedly, I did forget about) and after about 3-4 goes, I got hook! Yay!

Well done. I am about to start trying for this one.

awsumum
01-17-14, 03:14 PM
Well done. I am about to start trying for this one.

Good luck, belbar! ;)

chaselance
01-17-14, 03:30 PM
You must have great luck buttmsrb because I just wasted 400 gold speed breeding and only got island mind lot 3 charms 2 fruitful wild life and 4 corals with Trojan x fairytale

chaselance
01-17-14, 07:17 PM

I know this may be a dumb question but does the level the dragon you are breeding with really make a difference ? Awsumum says she switched their level 6 for a level 8 and then she got the dragon so I was wondering if that really does make a difference?

awsumum
01-18-14, 01:32 PM
I know this may be a dumb question but does the level the dragon you are breeding with really make a difference ? Awsumum says she switched their level 6 for a level 8 and then she got the dragon so I was wondering if that really does make a difference?

It may not be levels, it may just be that I used a different goblin, I added levels because there are some players who believe levels matter, and that information might help them. I'm not knowledgable enough to know whether levels matter or not. I'm sorry I'm not more helpful to you. Good luck :)

PS no question is a dumb question :)

LadyAggie06
01-18-14, 02:03 PM
Has anyone got the hook Dragon by breeding FT and Champion???

sfallday
01-19-14, 10:09 PM
Has anyone got the hook Dragon by breeding FT and Champion???

Or fairytale and diamond?

Mani_Sari
01-19-14, 10:37 PM
Or fairytale and diamond?

You can't get Hook using FT/Diamond. You need the Night/Fire element involved with FT. FT/Champion is possible too, but I haven't seen anyone successful with that combo.

LadyAggie06
01-20-14, 06:56 AM
You can't get Hook using FT/Diamond. You need the Night/Fire element involved with FT. FT/Champion is possible too, but I haven't seen anyone successful with that combo.

Thanks Mani.... I don't have a red/black like goblin... Just the champions...

Thanks.

chaselance
01-21-14, 12:25 PM
Has anyone gotten hook using the red queen with either night or goblin?

chaselance
01-21-14, 07:42 PM
So far 4 titans big bad fairy 4 firestorms 2 charms 4 genies all trying with red queen and dark angel and 400 gold still no hook yet hope everyone else is having better luck

chaselance
01-21-14, 08:31 PM
5 poisons 2 islands 4 charms 1 troll 3 red queens 4 genies 2 fairy 3 life 2 wild 1 serpent 6 mists 1 mindvolt 4 fruitfuls 3 corals at this point it would of cost me less to just buy this dragon outright

chaselance
01-21-14, 08:31 PM
Oh all those fails we're with fairytale and goblin

chaselance
01-27-14, 09:00 PM
That's pretty sad it's been five days since my last post and still no one has gotten the hook dragon. I know none of my 100 neighbors have gotten it either. Anyone else besides the regulars have you gotten the hook dragon?

debosden
02-02-14, 05:58 PM
Finally got Hook just now using Dark Angel and Red Queen....

cquinn32
02-05-14, 09:14 AM
Still haven't gotten this one :( been trying since it's release, tried at least 50 times by now.

chaselance
02-05-14, 08:51 PM
Finally got Hook just now using Dark Angel and Red Queen....

Ok I will try this combo again I didn't have any luck before with it but now maybe I will.

PinkiePie2008
02-07-14, 12:58 AM
Does anyone know if I can breed a hook with a big bad and a fire dragon, as big bad has a hidden black element?

drakoshka89
02-07-14, 01:06 AM
Does anyone know if I can breed a hook with a big bad and a fire dragon, as big bad has a hidden black element?
No, you cant, cause big bad is yellow and green.

chaselance
02-07-14, 08:58 AM
So far with dark angel and red queen I have gotten 2 charms an eagle a landworm and two titans

poisonoushades
02-12-14, 11:28 PM
I am attempting to get this with the Red Queen and Night dragons, both epic. Red Queen is fairytale+red, so hopefully it will work eventually. I don't have a Goblin or Dark Angel yet. I have only tried once so far, but it was an 8 hour fail.

cquinn32
02-19-14, 11:18 AM
Any recent successes on this one? I've been trying forever it seems only taking a break to get passion. Think I've gotten at least one of all the 50 possibilities including a dark angel and anubis using red queen (also got while trying for hook) and dark angel. This for me has been the most elusive rare dragon yet, but once I start trying to get a certain dragon I have a hard time stopping.

tuskmage
02-20-14, 12:56 AM
Any recent successes on this one? I've been trying forever it seems only taking a break to get passion. Think I've gotten at least one of all the 50 possibilities including a dark angel and anubis using red queen (also got while trying for hook) and dark angel. This for me has been the most elusive rare dragon yet, but once I start trying to get a certain dragon I have a hard time stopping.

http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y444/Tuskmage/3F9DAB1F-F99E-4481-B3EE-3CF1667F1E40_zps1jjgtcfu.jpg (http://s1275.photobucket.com/user/Tuskmage/media/3F9DAB1F-F99E-4481-B3EE-3CF1667F1E40_zps1jjgtcfu.jpg.html)

Gosh! :rolleyes: I really took a beating from Hook...combo = Bigbad/Goblin

debhutchinson
03-07-14, 03:21 PM
http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y444/Tuskmage/3F9DAB1F-F99E-4481-B3EE-3CF1667F1E40_zps1jjgtcfu.jpg (http://s1275.photobucket.com/user/Tuskmage/media/3F9DAB1F-F99E-4481-B3EE-3CF1667F1E40_zps1jjgtcfu.jpg.html)

Gosh! :rolleyes: I really took a beating from Hook...combo = Bigbad/Goblin

I have been breeding for Hook since he came out using both Boosted and Speed Breeding. I have read that both Black and Fairytale gems can split into their component gems. So I finally used Red Queen & Dark Angel to avoid this problem. I even cleared my cache as instructed in the text of the Breeding Calculator. Finally this morning I just decided to buy this dragon. However there is something going on here either with TL's code or some other factor that I haven't figured out.

Maybe TL should look into this.

poisonoushades
03-08-14, 03:19 AM
I got Aurora and Jewel fails using Red Queen and Night both epic. I guess that is cool since I didn't have either of them yet. Still no hook though.

Mani_Sari
03-15-14, 10:47 AM
Finally after alternating trying for Cerberus/Hook for who knows how long, I got em both, this is by far the hardest "rare" in my island. Combo was Red Queen/Goblin.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v512/tinatamad2001/8C5D7326-8891-433F-AA14-4A267D2C371E.jpg (http://s.photobucket.com/user/tinatamad2001/media/8C5D7326-8891-433F-AA14-4A267D2C371E.jpg.html)