PDA

View Full Version : Farm Story from behind forced proxy

Cameron
07-20-10, 02:48 PM
Hi

I am a teacher and I was hoping to let the kids use Farm Story on our classroom iPod touches. Our school recently introduced a forced proxy which stopped many applications from working. I have entered the proxy details into the iPod touch wireless settings, but cannot get Farm Story to connect. I am able to sue Safari and other apps like Dictionary.com okay, but not Farm Story.

Does anyone know anything about the protocols that Farm Story uses - is it just http?

Thanks, Cameron

Donnahh
07-21-10, 04:21 PM
I can't get my iPod touch to "talk" to my computer and share the prepaid Telstra wireless connection, and I went into McDonalds last night to use their free wifi and Farm Story refused to load.

There goes my star rating, and I hope my neighbors don't start deleting me thinking I have left the game!
Thank god I planted 4 day crops ... I miss my farm :(

Unregistered
07-21-10, 09:02 PM
Hi

I am a teacher and I was hoping to let the kids use Farm Story on our classroom iPod touches. Our school recently introduced a forced proxy which stopped many applications from working. I have entered the proxy details into the iPod touch wireless settings, but cannot get Farm Story to connect. I am able to sue Safari and other apps like Dictionary.com okay, but not Farm Story.

Does anyone know anything about the protocols that Farm Story uses - is it just http?

Thanks, Cameron

If i may jump in and give a little answer .. DOE may need to approve those IPod's through its system which the I.T.TECH from DOE can help with.
Consent from parents for use not for internet but as this can be implied as a "CHAT-BASE" program. it will help with legalities.
It has been done; ex: laptops use for education teaching lessons. ex: ONCE pass all lesson the child may keep the laptop.
you may want to contact support and maybe get with them for use strictly for your students for learning purposes.
GOOD LUCK!!