PDA

View Full Version : demolitioist pathing

nachomandeluxe
01-12-14, 01:53 PM
I wanted to thank storm8 for improving the demolitionists........ has anyone else noticed this

syllrag
02-03-14, 03:24 AM
They still do something stupid...

Case 1:
The demos run around towards the wall intersection far away, instead of going forward blowing the walls in front of them

Case 2:
After sending 6 demos to blow up 2 layers of wall, I sent my troops in to clear up the buildings. Then I sent in again another batch of 6 demos to blow up another layer of wall in the inside, surrounding the RH and resources; however, instead of going straight through the gap created by the previous demos to target the inside walls, they go shopping somewhere else...

jackansi
02-03-14, 07:36 AM
They still do something stupid...

Case 1:
The demos run around towards the wall intersection far away, instead of going forward blowing the walls in front of them

Case 2:
After sending 6 demos to blow up 2 layers of wall, I sent my troops in to clear up the buildings. Then I sent in again another batch of 6 demos to blow up another layer of wall in the inside, surrounding the RH and resources; however, instead of going straight through the gap created by the previous demos to target the inside walls, they go shopping somewhere else...

I have the same issue consistently.

Only "rules" I've figured out:
They seem to go for the nearest "corner" of the nearest enclosed space, be that a "junction" or just a corner, if that corner is 5 or more spaces away from them (parallel to the wall from their current position) they will go for a flat wall...

So if you build your base to have a corner or junction every 4 spaces and don't double up your walls (doubled up walls are a corner/junction at every block), you can confuse the attacking demos. Or at the very least you stand a better chance of them going in a direction unintended by the attacker.

FM could fix all these pathing issues very easily, if they actually wanted to. For demos, they could make you select a "drop" point and then select an "end" point. When the end is selected, launch the demos to head down that path taking out walls in their way.

If they were just more clever in their attack system instead of trying to outsmart the person trying to attack they wouldn't have to nerf everything.