PDA

View Full Version : question

jbigby
01-12-14, 07:02 AM
When you guys say you leave the game open at night do u mean not to turn off our device? I usually exit out of the game?is that considered closed? How do u leave it open?

bobbyrae
01-12-14, 07:14 AM
Some players use a table or the podium or some other thing to block the door so that customers cannot get inside during the night. There is a risk to doing this, however, as there is a chance that when you open your door all your food will disappear in what is known as a quick sell.

This is what players mean when they say they close their bakery.

sally_brown
01-12-14, 10:09 AM
Some players use a table or the podium or some other thing to block the door so that customers cannot get inside during the night. There is a risk to doing this, however, as there is a chance that when you open your door all your food will disappear in what is known as a quick sell.This confuses me. First of all, why is this risky? Don't you want to sell your food? Or is it not sold and just gone so you don't get your coins? And the second thing that confuses me is: How is that possible? Is the game not set up to be realistic in that the food shouldn't be going anywhere if no customers can get in to buy it? (The last question is rhetorical; people probably don't know the answer to that one. :) )

nky1111
01-12-14, 12:23 PM
the game doesn't support closing the door so sometimes it thinks it's still open and sells food.
there may be a bug so it just goes away without giving coins, may be not..

open at night means leaving it running on the screen. so you can sell 2x faster if you have an efficient layout.
when the game is closed (you exit it) it sells 43k per day at max., no more.

filochick1982
01-12-14, 02:56 PM
the game doesn't support closing the door so sometimes it thinks it's still open and sells food.
there may be a bug so it just goes away without giving coins, may be not..

open at night means leaving it running on the screen. so you can sell 2x faster if you have an efficient layout.
when the game is closed (you exit it) it sells 43k per day at max., no more.

Does the 43k plates a day when the game is closed assuming you have an efficient layout or does the layout not matter?

ElaineCarrel
01-12-14, 05:43 PM
I haven't "closed" my bakery doors since November 2012. When I remodel of course I have 2 use the Design Tab but even then I do it in bits and pieces so I'm able 2 c how it's looking and how traffic flows thru it. I don't understand y any1 would close their bakery once they've got enough food 2 make it thru the nite.
I also am cooking 24/7. The only time I haven't cooked was when I was having wifi problems and didn't want 2 have spoiled food.

talensnana
01-12-14, 08:39 PM
I am on a iPad and when I leave my bakery open it means that I turn off the screen saver mode and I leave my game up and running all night. I have an efficient floor plan I use. It makes a huge difference in sales of food. I will usually do this 2-3 times a week. Your device needs to be plugged in to power. There are some threads on this in forum.

As far as blocking the door... I only did this in the beginning when I was first starting out and did not have enough food. It is not something I would recommend doing otherwise.

Layout does matter. In my bakery I have 4 doors with enclosed areas..... Each area has 10-12 tables and a cash register. I have other areas and tables but they are for decoration and are not visited by the bots. Layout DOES make a big difference!

Sparkly888
01-13-14, 08:20 PM
I find when I leave game open at night, no standby mode on iPod, popups come up before morning so no advantage.
Layout makes a huge difference. I found single door with l shaped or t shaped layout with cashier close to door is just as effective as multiple doors.

rosewaterlily
01-13-14, 11:05 PM
I find when I leave game open at night, no standby mode on iPod, popups come up before morning so no advantage.

Switch to camera mode and that will block the pop ups until you manually revert the game to normal mode.

gdmcrjunkie
01-14-14, 12:37 AM
Switch to camera mode and that will block the pop ups until you manually revert the game to normal mode.

:O THANK YOU! Ahhhh I'd never thought of that so brilliant

Sparkly888
01-14-14, 01:36 PM
Cool Ty.