PDA

View Full Version : Reorganizing your kingdom? Here's what NOT to do

sassmastah
01-11-14, 06:32 PM
Did you know that when you're reorganizing your kingdom and you put a building in storage momentarily, just to have it out of the way, that when you put it back in place SECONDS later, it resets the collection timer?

NOT COOL TEAMLAVA!

Really not cool. So Ivy's Hut, which takes 12 hrs to collect and was just 1 hour from collection? RESET to 12 hours. My 2 Wizard Schools that take 5 hours to collect and were an hour away from being ready? Reset.

:mad:

I'm sure this has come up before, but I searched the forums and couldn't find anything. I want to hopefully help keep people from making the same mistake I just did.

In summary - do not put buildings in storage, not even for a second to reorganize your kingdom, unless you literally just collected from that building!!! Same goes for upgrading a building, but that one I'd already been warned about on this wonderful forum that keeps me from pulling my hair out in frustration over tiny little things that TL does in the game that could be so easily remedied yet they are not. Holy run-on sentence Batman

meme1098
01-11-14, 06:48 PM
I only store buildings right after collecting from them.

nasha86
01-11-14, 09:47 PM
Actually, we can't complain if the timer reset. How do they know if we store buildings for long time or immediately? And if it is possible, all the data they store can make the game overloaded. Not TL intention, but it is simply technical. I always try to storage all the decoration and keep space to move the building around, so don't need to store coins building temporarily in storage. And, try to recoderate if you don't have any missions or timed quests. I do feel it is an interesting and relaxing time in this game ;).

BriarAvenue
01-11-14, 11:04 PM
I only store buildings right after collecting from them.

Me too, just store right after I collect.

Queenzod
01-11-14, 11:55 PM
Right, or sometimes I use CottageRoses (i think) trick to store and take out again just to reset the timer. Besides, nothing takes more than 1 day to come around again, so it's not that bad if you make an error. Considering many of us have been playing for a year or more, one day isn't that much of a hardship. I do understand, however, if you weren't expecting it, it must have been a shock.

vitriolicheart
01-12-14, 03:36 AM
Oh I put them in and out of storage to re arrange my kingdom all the time.

I remember the first time I did it I got the shock you just had. Now I just try and make sure I do it when it's not going to affect me too badly.

sassmastah
01-12-14, 10:47 AM
Actually, we can't complain if the timer reset. How do they know if we store buildings for long time or immediately? And if it is possible, all the data they store can make the game overloaded. Not TL intention, but it is simply technical. I always try to storage all the decoration and keep space to move the building around, so don't need to store coins building temporarily in storage. And, try to recoderate if you don't have any missions or timed quests. I do feel it is an interesting and relaxing time in this game ;).

You make a very good point. I hadn't considered how difficult it would be for each timer to stay on pause in storage. That makes sense. Sorry for overreacting TeamLava!

Thank you though to those who remember the initial shock I experienced. I still think it's important to have this info out there on the forum for those who did not know about this!

jimboser
01-12-14, 01:38 PM
I think I found out early on that the timers get reset, I think I did the same thing having to store something temporarily when moving around with limited space. One of those things you learn once and remember. LOL

I'm at a point now where I don't need to shuffle things quite so much, and anything I do store is going away for a while until I need it again, towers, cottages, farm houses, etc.

CottageRose
01-12-14, 02:27 PM
I also learned that early on. It's painful to find out something on a long timer just got reset. So I always just store non-collectable decorations and flowers, and squish things over in free space away from where I am decorating. Of course whether that's possible may depend on whether you have any open space or have filled it with walkways.

jaybay1147
01-13-14, 01:58 PM
I hate when I do that. :P