PDA

View Full Version : Christmas items have disappeared.

klengenhues
01-08-14, 02:11 PM
When playing, the christmas items suddenly disappeared. That is not so good because I had a train order to make peppermintchocolate crops and I needed only 1 more to fullfill the order. But now it's impossible. I can't neither buy the last one in the newspaper. What is happening with these items we have in our barn if we can't sell it anymore ? All the wasted time and crops to make these items. And my train can't be completed. Is there a solution to this problem ?

edit(KP) adding update info

Your expired holiday items will eventually sell on their own in your Side Shop :)

greygull
01-08-14, 02:13 PM
I just flagged this over :)

mamareader02
01-08-14, 02:14 PM
Yup,gotta be level 1000 to buy those leftovers!lol

mymummy789
01-08-14, 02:34 PM
What about the items I have for sale? I notice I cannot buy my neighbours Christmas items so presume mine are just going to sit there indefinitely, blocking my store ��

mamareader02
01-08-14, 02:36 PM
What about the items I have for sale? I notice I cannot buy my neighbours Christmas items so presume mine are just going to sit there indefinitely, blocking my store ��

I'm waiting just a few more hours to see if this wasn't intentional(but positive it is),but if it is,we're all just gonna have to discard all Christmas recipes and peppermint

mamareader02
01-08-14, 02:41 PM
Ok,so people can buy them from our shops now,but recipes are gone,guess we better sell our stuff while the train is still requiring them(selling my stuff for lowest coin for speedy sell)

cosmolife
01-08-14, 03:02 PM
Ok,so people can buy them from our shops now,but recipes are gone,guess we better sell our stuff while the train is still requiring them(selling my stuff for lowest coin for speedy sell)

No, I don't think they can buy from our shops. I just visited my neighbors and saw that those items are grayed out and can't by bought. So I assume those same items are also grayed out in my shop too. I have 2 choices.....discard them or use the promote sale to sell them. Bummer :-(

glimmergate
01-08-14, 03:10 PM
No, I don't think they can buy from our shops. I just visited my neighbors and saw that those items are grayed out and can't by bought. So I assume those same items are also grayed out in my shop too. I have 2 choices.....discard them or use the promote sale to sell them. Bummer :-(

Your expired holiday items will eventually sell on their own in your Side Shop :)

cosmolife
01-08-14, 03:32 PM

Glimmergate, I'm new to the game and don't know how long is "eventually". Can you please tell me a rough estimate? It's just that I have 2 items taking up 2 slots and if it takes too long to "eventually" sell them, then maybe I'd best discard them now in order to free up the slots and sell other things? Thank you :-)

crystalrayn3
01-08-14, 04:01 PM
I'd go ahead & discard the holiday items from your shop. No other players can purchase them from your store. They're taking up valuable coin popping slots! LOL

greygull
01-08-14, 04:08 PM
Glimmergate, I'm new to the game and don't know how long is "eventually". Can you please tell me a rough estimate? It's just that I have 2 items taking up 2 slots and if it takes too long to "eventually" sell them, then maybe I'd best discard them now in order to free up the slots and sell other things? Thank you :-)

I don't know for sure, but I know that Stormie will eventually buy things from you if it's been in your shop for so long. I'm guessing about 24 hours? I would hold off discarding them, if you can.

whistle20134
01-08-14, 04:11 PM
I have exactly the same problem. I need 1 peppermint bark, can't make it or buy in the side shop. Why wasn't some notice given? This was the last item on my train so have loaded the rest and will 'lose' the completion bonus.

glimmergate
01-08-14, 04:26 PM

It will depend on the item and on how many / how much, but it shouldn't be much more than a few hours for most of these items. We don't want to clog your shop up with holiday items.

Clark_Wayne
01-08-14, 05:42 PM
Same for me. I need one last xmas cookie to complet my train but can't do it, neither buy it, all locked to level 1000 !
We don't even have a warning, like for the xmas decoration !

mamareader02
01-08-14, 05:55 PM
Well,somebody,not Stormie bought my stuff,don't care who,but all my extra is gone(but yet I still see the "level 1000" grey out in others shops).thats why I posted they could,cause all I knew was somebody bought my stuff,whatever the case,winter cleaning DONE!:)

pipipooh1977
01-08-14, 09:35 PM
All those new recipes and peppermint crop shouldn't have been pulled, if your going to come out with new recipes and a new crop it should be permanent...like in another farm game I play, new recipes & crops always stay even after holiday version is done.

My train is asking for peppermint bark but I can't make it now! That just seems so stupid!

mymummy789
01-09-14, 04:24 AM

I put all mine up for sale before I went to bed, and they had all been sold when I got up in the morning (about 6-8 hours later)

sommerLK
01-10-14, 05:58 AM
Ok, I understand the time limits for the Christmas specialty crops and recipes has come to an end. I couldn't finish a full train delivery by 4 cookies. So be it I will get the next one now that there won't be any Christmas stuff on it. But guess what I need 29 of the Christmas plants nearly 24 hours after they are no longer available to grow or buy.
I think there is a problem.......