PDA

View Full Version : Ability to control boost direction?

Tetelestai72
01-07-14, 10:05 PM
Got a quick question and I'm wondering if I missed the answer in a tutorial somewhere.

I've had a lot of levels lately where being able to get a vertical boost as a result of chaining is necessary to get crystals in hard to reach spots. (I'm on level 67 right now.)

I know that you activate these things by getting a long chain of fruits. (I think it was 7?)

My question is, is it possible to control getting either a horizontal boost or a vertical boost as a result of the chain? Is there a trick to getting one and not the other? For me right now the horizontal ones are almost pointless and the vertical ones are critical to beating this level.

Thanks

Phaedrakiki
01-08-14, 12:38 AM
As far as I can tell, it's random (edit: Not so! See saucysammis' post below.) I just finished 67 a couple days ago, and was wishing for more of those vertical blasters myself! Yeah, you get blasters from 7 or more fruit strings/chains, and 14 or more gets you a blaster and a bomb. Don't forget, you just have to take out the crystals (the first time I played, I wasted moves clearing snowed-in fruit, etc.) You have to clear some of the obstacles, like snow, vines, stumps, etc. But only the ones that are really in your way--the rest can be left alone. Just concentrate on the crystals & making long fruit chains (to get more special fruits like blasters!) ;)

Good luck!

Phaedrakiki
01-08-14, 01:48 AM
Here's a photo of the entire level 67:

http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag81/Beadsbykat/Fruit%20Splash%20Mania/9e807ba1-5a86-4e4c-83ab-fcd4fb01d4ad_zpsd0c5b3ac.jpg
http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag81/Beadsbykat/Fruit%20Splash%20Mania/6f1ee2fa-4caf-4f41-a42d-0367fb324957_zps2e4840ac.jpg
http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag81/Beadsbykat/Fruit%20Splash%20Mania/fb593638-cca4-4c68-a624-578a095073b1_zps771c3345.jpg
http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag81/Beadsbykat/Fruit%20Splash%20Mania/d0e5749d-9034-4831-8a3b-7f2e94385958_zps4da74374.jpg

Horizontal blasters can be useful in certain areas, too. I have a couple horizontal blasters in the photos below. I'm going to use one to take out the remaining crystal onscreen. The 1st pic shows the blasters, and the 2nd shows the fruit path/chain I used, ending so that the last fruit in the chain is in the same row as the crystal I'm aiming for. You can tell which row will be blasted, since it's automatically "shaded" (you can see it as you move your finger in any fruit chain containing a blaster.)

http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag81/Beadsbykat/Fruit%20Splash%20Mania/0a304e94-b893-4157-b640-6519c357219d_zps234a9587.jpg http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag81/Beadsbykat/Fruit%20Splash%20Mania/a62ce7cd-fdb6-4fb2-9169-31c0fffee1d9_zps1e67dcfe.jpg

I always try to make the fruit chains as long as possible, though you have to cut them short sometimes for different reasons (like when a blaster's involved and you're "aiming" at something!) Good luck!

saucysammis
01-08-14, 10:53 AM
Got a quick question and I'm wondering if I missed the answer in a tutorial somewhere.

I've had a lot of levels lately where being able to get a vertical boost as a result of chaining is necessary to get crystals in hard to reach spots. (I'm on level 67 right now.)

I know that you activate these things by getting a long chain of fruits. (I think it was 7?)

My question is, is it possible to control getting either a horizontal boost or a vertical boost as a result of the chain? Is there a trick to getting one and not the other? For me right now the horizontal ones are almost pointless and the vertical ones are critical to beating this level.

Thanks

I found that boost direction is determined by the direction -vertical or horizontal- you're moving your finger when moving across the "boost activating" fruit. Also- when you are moving diagonally it's left up to the game.

Phaedrakiki
01-08-14, 02:22 PM
I found that boost direction is determined by the direction -vertical or horizontal- you're moving your finger when moving across the "boost activating" fruit. (...)
Omg! I love you for figuring that out! :D It seemed random to me...guess I should've dug deeper on the options, lol. I just tried it, and sure enough--it works! As you end your swipe, you want to be going up/down if you want a vertical blaster.

That makes things much easier, since there are times you need one type of blaster (row or column) over the other. Yay! And thank you! :D

Tetelestai72
01-09-14, 09:07 PM
Thanks for the help!

Phaedrakiki
01-09-14, 10:49 PM
I'm SO glad this post was created! Thanks to the OP & to saucysammis for letting us know there IS a way to control the blasters you get!

I tested this further...it looks like the direction you're moving when you end your swipe determines the type of blaster you get. This has the same result as what saucysammis said if you're dealing with a 7-fruit chain. But in longer chains, it's the direction you're moving at the end of the chain that gives you your horizontal or vertical blaster. I also think when you're moving diagonally at the end of the chain, it reverts back to the last horizontal or vertical move to determine the blaster type. (I didn't test an "all diagonal" chain, but that one would have to be determined by the game, lol!)

In a 7-fruit chain: 1. If you're moving up/down on that last fruit, you'll get a vertical blaster (left/right, you'll get a horizontal one.) 2. If you're moving diagonally, the last horizontal or vertical move you made in the chain seems to determine the type. For example, if you started a chain moving horizontally, then diagonally to the 7th fruit, you'd get a row blaster (horizontal.)

In a 8 or more-fruit chain: At the end of the chain -- If you're moving horizontally, you'll get a row (horizontal) blaster. If you're moving vertically, you'll get a column (vertical) blaster. If you're moving diagonally, the last horizontal or vertical move you made in the chain will determine whether you get a row or column blaster.

Note: In really long chains where you get multiple blasters, they will all be the same type (determined the same way--how you end the chain.) For ex., in a 28-fruit chain, you'd get a bomb and 3 blasters. All 3 blasters will be vertical, if you ended the swipe in an up/down motion...

luna2cute
01-10-14, 08:16 PM
Thank you thank you! I tried to find the pattern about boasters and couldn't figure it out. Thank you so helpful! I'm still stuck at level 64 but now I have a chance. ;)

Phaedrakiki
02-26-14, 11:40 PM
Someone mentioned this was hard to understand...so let me try to simplify this.

7 or more fruit in a line/chain (FC) will create a blaster. 14 or more will give you a bomb & a blaster. For each additional 7 fruit you add to the chain, you get another blaster. So, for example, a 28-fruit chain will give you a bomb and 3 blasters. The blasters you create are placed randomly on the board.

Blasters can be horizontal (row-blasting) or vertical (column-blasting.) If you create multiple blasters in a long FC (21+ fruit,) they will all be the same type (all row blasters or all vertical blasters.)

The way you swipe (direction your finger moves) along the line of fruit at the end of the chain determines the type of blaster you get:

~If you are moving horizontally when you end a 7-or-more FC, you will get a horizontal/row blaster.

~If you are moving vertically when you end the FC, you will get a vertical/column blaster.

~If you are moving diagonally, it will revert back to the last non-diagonal move in the chain--the last horizontal or vertical move before the diagonal ones determine the type of blaster you get. In an all-diagonal (zig-zag) chain, the game will randomly choose the blaster type.

I hope that simplifies things! :D