PDA

View Full Version : "Winter Themed" Removal What Exactly?

ElaineCarrel
01-04-14, 04:21 PM
Got a pop up this morning warning of removal of "winter themed" items being deleted on January 7th. My ? is how far back r they going? Will they also b including Thanksgiving items or are they only including the items that were released in approx. December?
I find it interesting that they did not do another sale like they did w the Fall/Halloween removal. But then again we r talking about TL so one never knows.

nky1111
01-04-14, 04:26 PM
usually it's everything that has been added this year, except maybe a few items they choose to stay.
After that it's possible to access some of these items only in special edition games.

xoxjenn
01-04-14, 07:24 PM
But we get to keep the stuff we already bought. Correct?

bobbyrae
01-05-14, 06:21 AM
I only got a pop up in restaurant. Does this apply to bakery story as well?

jc32079
01-05-14, 09:58 AM
I only got a pop up in restaurant. Does this apply to bakery story as well?

I only play BS, and I have not gotten a pop-up yet. Curious to hear about others.

igames4me
01-05-14, 10:07 AM
I only play BS, and I have not gotten a pop-up yet. Curious to hear about others.

Yeah out of all games I play on / accts only got the pop up on restaurant

bobbyrae
01-05-14, 11:36 AM
Wish one of the Mods could check on this please. Seems like it may only be restaurant story that got the pop up. Will winter items (whatever that means) be removed from bakery on Jan 7 too?

ElaineCarrel
01-05-14, 05:48 PM
I could swear I got a popup this morning here in BS.

mayennalee
01-06-14, 02:08 AM
But we get to keep the stuff we already bought. Correct?
Yes usually this is the case.

OnCloudDivine
01-06-14, 02:22 AM
I still haven't gotten any pop up on Bakery about a removal of any sort.

ashrb
01-06-14, 09:12 AM
You would think they would have the courtesy to inform all of their players about the removal of content tomorrow considering there's so many players who don't even read the forum so they'll be surprised.

bobbyrae
01-06-14, 10:40 AM
I still have not received a pop up in BS.

irlanda_c
01-06-14, 12:13 PM
I could swear I got a popup this morning here in BS.

Are you on android? I am and didnt see any popup

kvoeller
01-06-14, 08:12 PM
I still have not received a pop up in BS.

Me either. Players who don't read the forum and don't play restaurant are going to be in for a huge shock tomorrow.

teamburcroff
01-07-14, 05:57 AM
I still have all my items available to purchase - nothing has been removed...will it be mid-day? I'm confused?

nky1111
01-07-14, 06:48 AM
last year it was 11 PM PST

teamburcroff
01-07-14, 07:56 AM
Thank-you! I was worried I passed incorrect info on to my neighbors! I made sure to let everyone know...

bobbyrae
01-07-14, 10:15 AM
I still have no pop up in bakery story.

igames4me
01-07-14, 11:04 AM
I still have no pop up in bakery story.

yeah i think no one has... so since no pop up tl should not remove any items i hope

bobbyrae
01-07-14, 12:02 PM
yeah i think no one has... so since no pop up tl should not remove any items i hope

Wishful thinking?

snlps
01-07-14, 12:55 PM
I haven't noticed that anything has been removed. I also never received a pop up in bs or fashion story. Im hoping this mean they aren't removing anything. But just in case I went ahead and bought everything I wanted on BS. Should go run and do the same on fashion.

bobbyrae
01-07-14, 01:25 PM
I haven't noticed that anything has been removed. I also never received a pop up in bs or fashion story. Im hoping this mean they aren't removing anything. But just in case I went ahead and bought everything I wanted on BS. Should go run and do the same on fashion.

I did that in bs too....just in case.

ElaineCarrel
01-07-14, 02:57 PM
I think it's gr8 that BS gets 2 cont buying Winter themed items 4 at least another wk. However I don't think it's fair that RS not only lost that chance but TL also removed the chance 4 people 2.finish the Christmas goals since they took away the goal ovens/drink machines, steps and rewards 7 days b4 they expired. What gives TL?

yumyumsnack
01-07-14, 05:46 PM
Would it really have been / be so difficult for TL to inform its loyal customers what items would be removed? There was a lot of speculation on BS and RS boards regarding this. What benefit to TL for the mystery? It just seems ...ungracious. Company goodwill has got to to be worth more than the nickels and dimes that must result from a mad dash to buy up items lest they disappear forever. Bakery and restaurant have become, for me, super games that leave a bad taste in my mouth over and over. One might usually consider that an undesirable consequence.

RS goal items have been restored so the goals can be completed; see RS discussions

bobbyrae
01-07-14, 06:37 PM
They have never given a list of what will be removed.

bobbyrae
01-07-14, 06:37 PM
... TL also removed the chance 4 people 2.finish the Christmas goals since they took away the goal ovens/drink machines, steps and rewards 7 days b4 they expired. What gives TL?

See this thread : http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?63880-Removed-goal-items-before-goals-expire

chocolat_89
01-10-14, 03:53 AM
I just received the following popup after game reset:

Don't forget to save some holiday cheer! All winter holiday items will be removed from the market this Wednesday, January 15th.

richa_aqua14
01-10-14, 11:56 AM
I received that popup today too! Which ones exactly are the 'winter holiday' items? The Christmas ones? Does that include the 2 new appliances?

gdmcrjunkie
01-10-14, 01:03 PM
I received that popup today too! Which ones exactly are the 'winter holiday' items? The Christmas ones? Does that include the 2 new appliances?

The Halloween appliances got removed so I think the Christmas ones will be as well. Again looking at what got removed after Halloween, I assume everything that got released in December is in danger. (Yeah I don't think they'll all go but better safe than sorry~)

bobbyrae
01-10-14, 01:39 PM
Does that include the 2 new appliances?

Well that would be something, wouldn't it?

filochick1982
01-10-14, 04:20 PM
I bought 10 of the new appliances just in case. But I hope they don't remove the recipes! Not fair to remove recipes from ovens we've purchased!!!!! Still sore about the candy canes from the candy cane maker being removed. Now I have a candy cane maker which actually can't make candy canes.

minidemon88
01-11-14, 10:25 AM
I'm wondering if they will remove the snowflake fountain we just got recently? Hmmm~

ruthiessweetretreat
01-11-14, 11:18 AM
Didn't the popup say "winter holiday themed"? Not just winter-themed? Wouldn't that mean the Christmas stuff and possibly Thanksgiving? Though I am wondering about the Valentine's Day-themed stuff that remains from last year. I started playing just after Valentine's Day last year, so I'm not sure what is permanent and what was a seasonal addition for 2013.

sls0991
01-11-14, 11:29 AM
LOL what christmas holiday content? There was barely anything it was pretty pathetic.

cherryberry9
01-11-14, 11:31 AM
LOL what christmas holiday content? There was barely anything it was pretty pathetic.

I know right.

OnCloudDivine
01-11-14, 12:51 PM
I need some opinions! Should I get the snowflake cookies display or autumn tree before removal? I'm not certain that the tree will be removed, and I have two already. However, I'm not sure whether I feel the snowflake cookies is worth the same price as the tree.

minidemon88
01-15-14, 12:39 PM
BUMP!

So we got the updates, but the winter theme items are still there. I'm wondering when will the nightmare begin?

nky1111
01-15-14, 12:56 PM
in 12 hours

snlps
01-15-14, 03:23 PM
Many items have already Been removed.

rosewaterlily
01-15-14, 03:39 PM
The Christmas theme items are gone. Brick display case, holiday, bear, firewood, holiday fireplace, holiday cupcakes all zapped, and probably some other stuff but I didn't buy and thus can't see in my inventory with no price tag. But the Thanksgiving/fall items are still around.

shanapiv
01-15-14, 07:45 PM
I need some opinions! Should I get the snowflake cookies display or autumn tree before removal? I'm not certain that the tree will be removed, and I have two already. However, I'm not sure whether I feel the snowflake cookies is worth the same price as the tree.

I got the snowflake cookies in my bakery....15 earned gems is a bit much but I felt like splurging...plus it's cute!

minidemon88
01-16-14, 01:18 AM
I'm so glad that this year they did kept to their promises! They removed items related to winter theme only and leave out the other theme items alone. Good job tl! :D

ashrb
01-17-14, 04:51 PM
I'm pretty annoyed they removed those icicle tables, why bring something out then remove it a couple weeks later?? And why did they remove those tables, but they kept those crystal tables from last year?

minidemon88
01-18-14, 12:59 AM
I'm pretty annoyed they removed those icicle tables, why bring something out then remove it a couple weeks later?? And why did they remove those tables, but they kept those crystal tables from last year?

They always love to remove something you least expected to be removed. That's what happen usually in tll. I bought the penguin cake, thinking that there's a high chances it will got remove but alas it didn't. And it's been there for don't know how long. =.=""""

filochick1982
01-21-14, 12:34 AM
My advice - get everything you want if you have the gems/coins now. I really don't understand why people hold off buying stuff, then get annoyed when it's removed despite having sufficient notice and then they miss out? Considering no one ever knows for sure what will get removed and what will stay, the safest strategy is to just buy everything you want when you can afford it, at any given time, regardless of whether there is notice that stuff will be removed. I never hesitate anymore. If I like it, I buy it. Now I don't miss out on anything. The only thing I regret not buying is the coffee bean display which was an LTO from memory. I'd pay a good amount of gems if that ever became available again.

bobbyrae
01-21-14, 07:39 AM
My advice - get everything you want if you have the gems/coins now. I really don't understand why people hold off buying stuff, then get annoyed when it's removed despite having sufficient notice and then they miss out? Considering no one ever knows for sure what will get removed and what will stay, the safest strategy is to just buy everything you want when you can afford it, at any given time, regardless of whether there is notice that stuff will be removed. I never hesitate anymore. If I like it, I buy it. Now I don't miss out on anything. The only thing I regret not buying is the coffee bean display which was an LTO from memory. I'd pay a good amount of gems if that ever became available again.

Not everyone can afford to do that. For some players buying gems is not an option and so choices have to be made. The autumn tree or the cookie display. This tile or that one. Buy this one now and hope the other doesn't get removed before i can save up enough gems to buy it.

filochick1982
01-21-14, 03:18 PM
Not everyone can afford to do that. For some players buying gems is not an option and so choices have to be made. The autumn tree or the cookie display. This tile or that one. Buy this one now and hope the other doesn't get removed before i can save up enough gems to buy it.

I think you missed the part where I said IF you can afford it.

bobbyrae
01-21-14, 04:20 PM
I think you missed the part where I said IF you can afford it.
On the contrary. I didn't miss it at all.

filochick1982
01-21-14, 07:55 PM

Then why the need to point out that not everyone can afford it when my post clearly implies that already, hence the "if" and "when". No need to state the obvious for the sake of posting.

OnCloudDivine
01-22-14, 01:57 AM

+1 I give you a figurative standing ovation.

ashrb
01-22-14, 10:35 AM
I really don't understand why people hold off buying stuff, then get annoyed when it's removed despite having sufficient notice and then they miss out?

I didn't hold off on buying stuff, I bought some of those tables beforehand, but I can still get annoyed when they're only available for a few weeks before getting removed. Not everyone will have the money to purchase certain items in only a couple weeks time because some items are quite pricey when buying large quantities, such as tables. Just because TL gives you sufficient notice doesn't mean you're guaranteed to not miss out.

ashrb
01-22-14, 10:44 AM
Then why the need to point out that not everyone can afford it when my post clearly implies that already, hence the "if" and "when". No need to state the obvious for the sake of posting.

Your post contradicts itself, though. You're aware not everyone can afford the items being removed, then you say you don't understand why folks get annoyed about it.

kooky panda
01-22-14, 11:05 AM
Thread has now gone off topic. You can continue your personal conversations via the Pms.

Closing thread .