PDA

View Full Version : How to Maximize Stocking Up

cold_ethyl
01-03-14, 01:49 PM
I'm interested in learning what other players do in order to build up their stores. I've searched the forums, and except for Maguar's AWESOME player's guide (Thanks, Maguar!) there are few specifics.

Has anyone worked out a "system" of maximizing their energy with collection and crafting?

For instance, is it better to craft, say, 100 wooden beams, then use them all on fancy beams, then build the next, etc. then start over with wooden beams? Or, should you build from lowest to highest as soon as you have enough? (And then start over again?)

Is it better to collect only one thing at a time until it' full and then move on to the next item? For instance, use all energy each time it's filled to collect from flowers. Once all petals are filled, move on to cows.

Maybe it's best to collect only items you can use in trades, and if you have leftover energy, collect elsewhere. Then, you can make trades every day.

What do you do when you've got an over abundance of things that don't seem useful for crafting (living wood?) but stocks are full and collections just seem to be wasted.

What collections/crafting seem to go hand in hand?

Thanks!

jimboser
01-03-14, 04:00 PM
I think a lot will really depend on your playing style, what goals you are trying to achieve, etc. For me, when I get a goal, I tend to focus mostly on that, collecting and crafting what is needed to progress to the next step, while at the same time crafting what I can from the kitchens/workshops so that nothing is idle.

If I know I have a block of time to play, and can keep checking back, I'll craft things that don't take long, and when I know I'll be away for a while (sleep, etc), craft longer length items. Same with the crops, I plant things that take a while overnight, and shorter duration crops get planted during the day.

As far as waiting until you max out on something before using that item for other crafts, there isn't really any gain there. Like I said above, use your time wisely, don't leave crafting buildings sitting idle if you can avoid it. As soon as you can, get two kitchens, stables, hatcheries, potion shops, magic forges, workshops, mines, and sawmills. Deep mines too as soon as you can build them. Collect from these as soon are you see that they are ready.

If you don't have a wizard school (or two) yet, work on getting those, the extra energy is very helpful. Get as many farm plots as you can, don't leave them idle either. Get a few more cows and chickens if you need them, collect what you need when you can. They cycle pretty quickly, so even if you run low on milk/eggs, with a half dozen chickens and cows each you can build back up reasonably quickly.

Don't let your Keep sit idle either, go on adventures as frequently as you can manage, build up extra feasts when you can, make sure you have enough swords/armor/lumin essence for the adventures as well.

It's rough early on getting yourself into a good rhythm, there are a lot of challenges to complete, but you will find that things level out after a while.

maguar
01-03-14, 04:08 PM
My long term goal is to max on as much as I possibly can. However as soon as I max on any crafted item I try to use some up. The reason for this is I hate collecting from an adventure or sir pig only to be told I'm maxed on royal beams etc.

When I was doing my major crafting binge (while waiting for updates) I found it helpful to get into a friendly competition with other players. Basically we'd choose an item, a time frame and post our starting quantities. We'd then craft like mad and post our results at the end.

cold_ethyl
02-14-14, 12:15 PM
Just wanted to say, "Thanks" here. (Late coming, sorry!)

I'm finding it hard to max with all the weekly updates (Thanks, TL!) ... but I hope to try some suggestions once I get caught up.

Thanks again!

wassupbaby
02-14-14, 02:40 PM
My long term goal is to max on as much as I possibly can. However as soon as I max on any crafted item I try to use some up. The reason for this is I hate collecting from an adventure or sir pig only to be told I'm maxed on royal beams etc.

When I was doing my major crafting binge (while waiting for updates) I found it helpful to get into a friendly competition with other players. Basically we'd choose an item, a time frame and post our starting quantities. We'd then craft like mad and post our results at the end.

hey i miss that thread about the competition :) it's been a long time ago when we were bored while waiting ages for new updates . You guys still doing it ?

maguar
02-14-14, 04:10 PM
wassupbaby we haven't run one of ages. I guess with the updates everyone's been working towards specic goals. Of course if people want to start this up again I'm all for it. You'll find the thread here (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?42739-Unofficial-Stockpile-Contest)

rabsos
02-14-14, 08:41 PM
I would love that idea I'm down if you start!!

bethmadison
02-15-14, 04:59 PM
When nothing big is happening that I have to craft specific things for then I try and craft all the items I need for a simple feast and a hearty feast each day. Some days this takes all day and other days (with help from sir piggy and the food trade and a couple other places) I can get this done reasonably fast. And then I spend the rest of my time trying to build up ingredients for a spicy feast or a sweet feast. Then I can usually add one of these in a week. I usually only send my keep to the hearty feast adventure and my barracks to the simple feast adventure and try and build the other feast up for special adventure times. Like right now during the Vday promotion I've been sending them out on the other two to try and maximize the "gifts". There are many days when I can even get enough stuff that I can have two or three hearty feasts waiting to be crafted. Right now I'm focusing on the stuff for the baron but I still managed to collect stuff to craft a hearty feast for tonight.

And I don't max stuff out (or try not to) I try and get to 90 of an item before crafting other stuff up the line. I also craft depending on how much time I have to play. If I'll be on lots then I do half hour, hour or two hour things. If I won't then I set up longer stuff.

passinthru8
02-15-14, 06:08 PM
When nothing big is happening that I have to craft specific things for then I try and craft all the items I need for a simple feast and a hearty feast each day. Some days this takes all day and other days (with help from sir piggy and the food trade and a couple other places) I can get this done reasonably fast. And then I spend the rest of my time trying to build up ingredients for a spicy feast or a sweet feast. Then I can usually add one of these in a week. I usually only send my keep to the hearty feast adventure and my barracks to the simple feast adventure and try and build the other feast up for special adventure times. Like right now during the Vday promotion I've been sending them out on the other two to try and maximize the "gifts". There are many days when I can even get enough stuff that I can have two or three hearty feasts waiting to be crafted. Right now I'm focusing on the stuff for the baron but I still managed to collect stuff to craft a hearty feast for tonight.

And I don't max stuff out (or try not to) I try and get to 90 of an item before crafting other stuff up the line. I also craft depending on how much time I have to play. If I'll be on lots then I do half hour, hour or two hour things. If I won't then I set up longer stuff.

It wouldn't make sense to do any other way. My Garden or crafting buildings are NEVER idle.

mrosmeows
02-15-14, 11:43 PM
Start with the basics. The 15 minute logs and blocks go so quick it's needless to inventory them. Try to get a good stock of fancy blocks and beams most buildings start with them anyhow. Once you have that move on to everything else I try and keep ten to twenty of each when I get above that ill upgrade a building I work on those one at a time. If you're a newer player try to remember as much as you've been checking your game us long termers have been doing that for over a year there's no shortcut. While besides spreading up with gems but I highly advise against it. Be careful what you spend your gems in a lot of times buying the materials to craft something cost more then the finial product. Always add it up. And as stated even if you do NOT NEED IT ALWAYS craft long stuff at night. Always. You'll need it later use the time your games not in play wisely