PDA

View Full Version : What would you spend your gems on?

dezzzila
12-31-13, 09:17 AM
I am having a really hard time deciding on what to spend my 430 gems on. What would you recommend and why?

brandonu
12-31-13, 10:01 AM
Wizard Schools for the energy.

I would stay far, far away from spending gems on the Royal Manor, as it does nothing. The Fortune Teller is not worth the gems, nor is the Kingdom Inn.

The Harvest Pergola and Reindeer Stable both drop useful items, but the Pergola is all over the map. Sometimes it is eggs and chicken and other times it's feasts, flour and sugar.

vednir
12-31-13, 10:30 AM
Wizard schools, then one of each fruit tree and if you do not have access to the valentine's plants either the new bush or the gem plant that drops red petals. The rest is up to you.

dezzzila
12-31-13, 11:37 AM
So wizard school over the barracks?

rosewaterlily
12-31-13, 11:52 AM
If you feel like you're always running out of energy then wizard school. I sometimes don't bother collecting from mine because I don't know what to use the energy on, but it's useful at the beginning of the day when you're collecting from everything and harvesting crops. The barracks are great when there's a quest using the castle so you have doubled rate of finishing if the quest is in both the keep and the barracks or you can still do separate quests for rewards (and use up stuff like swords which I'm always maxing out on) while your keep is occupied with the goals, but the 2x waiting time for barracks quests is annoying.

roguebee
12-31-13, 11:59 AM
I bought an apple tree and had my first gold apple before I could bake the second pie. Lucky, I guess.

arikasi
12-31-13, 02:08 PM
Wizard Schools all the way, full upgrade them and they are hands down the best thing. Having that extra 20 (18 really) energy made the game so much more enjoyable.

After that an apple tree.

gdmcrjunkie
12-31-13, 02:48 PM
So wizard school over the barracks?

Absolutely! I don't know what I'd do without mine.

CLOVERKAITO
01-01-14, 02:55 AM
Definitely wizard school. Don't consider the barracks unless you can cook at least 2 feasts per day.

dizzy7373
01-01-14, 11:41 AM
100% wizard school. I bought a barracks just before the reindeer quest to make the questing part easier, and then there was no questing aspect to that.....
You will have a source of extra energy a couple of times a day for the rest of your time playing Castle Story

wassupbaby
01-02-14, 01:23 AM
wizard school for sure. Now i hardly make 1 feast per day so the barack is not for me.

Anyuszko
01-02-14, 02:17 AM
Definitely wizard school. Don't consider the barracks unless you can cook at least 2 feasts per day.

Wizard school.

However, if you do regular trades (the one when you give milk+egg and get kitchen things) it is easy to get 2 feasts/day. Currently I have like 20 feasts in storage, despite that I have barrack and make 1,5 adventure/day.

The trade usually drops good parts for the first two feasts.

starbows
01-02-14, 06:20 AM
The baracks quests take twice the time of regular quests to finish. So you would need to prepare 3 feasts every 2 days.

Castloninian
01-02-14, 09:10 AM
I think my first purchase was an orange tree, because at that time I thought I'd never have enough gems for anything better. I have since bought all three fruit trees, a glimmerdust trove, the barracks, the fortune teller, two wizard schools, a red trillium and the maple tree.

My best purchases were the wizard schools and red trillium. Lots of extra energy boosts and no more red petal shortage. I would not have bought the barracks except for it has recently become important to help out with timed quests.

brandonu
01-02-14, 09:49 AM
I've had them for so long that I forgot about the fruit trees. I definitely bought an apple tree and it is worth it to advance through the story line of the game. The rest I received as quest rewards.

cloudsail
01-02-14, 10:35 AM
I bought all three fruit trees when they came out but I've since gotten multiples of each from adventures so it seems like kind of a waste. But then again I'm not sure if I would've been patient enough to wait for them, since fruit was needed for some of the quests. At least I don't regret buying the apple tree because I got my first golden apple (and consequently sir piggy) from it.