PDA

View Full Version : Missing items from inventory...again!

goofy42
12-28-13, 11:58 AM
Hi. I wrote a while ago concerning items which simply disappear from my inventory. Well, now there are more.
I don't know if anyone else is having this problem, but here goes: I decided to change my bakery decor. I placed
the Santa goal reward into storage (and I hope it stays there!). I wanted to place the Gelato Stand, which I
purchased for gems on Black Friday, in the bakery. Well, I checked my inventory so many times (to be sure)
and it isn't there. I am also missing the Barista Counter. I have had many missing items, which never reappear,
no matter how many times I write to TL. Well, I wrote again this morning. I was just wondering if anyone else
is missing current items. thanks

jdelvalle1
12-28-13, 01:17 PM
That is crazy, usually when I don't see something right away, I close the design tab or force close the game & reopen it & it reappears...this is why I've been avoiding putting stuff away...but I don't have any space left

goofy42
12-28-13, 02:30 PM
Thanks...this may be a silly question, but what do you mean by 'force close' the game? Does that simply mean turning the device off and then turning it back on again? I know what you mean about keeping everything out. But, as you say, some of these items take up a lot of space. One of these days, my bakery is going to be completely decorated for every single holiday, and every season. There just won't be any room left for tables and chairs!

kooky panda
12-28-13, 03:15 PM
How to force close out your games (IOS) (http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?61422-How-to-force-close-out-your-games-(IOS))

gdmcrjunkie
12-28-13, 03:41 PM
I don't know if everyone's decoration tab's organised the same way but if it is, my Gelato Stand and Barista Counter are near the beginning. They're with the box items that show up after the regular decoration Cookie Display.

goofy42
12-28-13, 04:54 PM
Thanks for the info, gdmcrjunkie...I have checked and the items that I should have are simply not there. I did read the info about 'force closing',
but (and here's another silly question)....the instructions start with double clicking the 'home' button. Where exactly is the 'home' button???
I looked at all the possible places it could be, but I do not see a button marked 'home'. Thanks

ashrb
12-28-13, 05:17 PM
Thanks for the info, gdmcrjunkie...I have checked and the items that I should have are simply not there. I did read the info about 'force closing',
but (and here's another silly question)....the instructions start with double clicking the 'home' button. Where exactly is the 'home' button???
I looked at all the possible places it could be, but I do not see a button marked 'home'. Thanks

What device are you on?

goofy42
12-29-13, 10:19 AM
I am playing BS on an iPod (latest version). I feel so silly.. I probably should know where the 'home' button is, but I never needed to use it, so I need help:-) Thanks for any assistance.

goofy42
12-29-13, 11:20 AM
oops....iPod is version 6.1.5...and under Settings, it indicates that the software is up-to-date. Oh, I found the 'home' button (I did some research.)
But, when I double-click on it, I cannot scroll the particular icon up to the main part of the screen. I am so mixed up. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm not even sure this will help. I think that my items are missing and I doubt that this will be the way to recover them:-) However, I will continue to try, thanks to your assistance.

gdmcrjunkie
12-29-13, 01:57 PM
Swiping up is an ios7 thing. I believe you need to press&hold on the game's icon and tap the red cross that appears, as if you were deleting the app. That's how it was in ios6. And yes, your situation sounds like something you should get help from support to resolve, but force closing the game's always worth a try. It brought back my Candy Carousel when it disappeared from my inventory a couple of months ago. I hope you get your missing items back one way or another, good luck!

goofy42
12-29-13, 02:16 PM
I can't thank you enough for helping me out here. I truly appreciate it and I just wanted you to know it. In any case, I will try to do the 'force close' thing the other way, but I don't have any hopes of finding my missing items. As for getting support from TL? I have emailed them so many times that I feel as if we are pen-pals. And yes, they have replied. However, I have to say that I haven't received any satisfactory responses from them. Some of the responses were simply 'robotic' replies. Then, their replies were so far off base, it boggles the mind. I wrote again yesterday, and I'm waiting for a reply.

filochick1982
01-02-14, 07:19 PM
I'm going to make a list of everything I own so I can refer back to it in case they all go missing. I suggest all players do the same. There's no way if remember everything I have just off the top of my head!

sls0991
01-02-14, 07:51 PM
I'm going to make a list of everything I own so I can refer back to it in case they all go missing. I suggest all players do the same. There's no way if remember everything I have just off the top of my head!

I think this is a good idea as well. I plan on taking snapshots of all my inventory in the next few days, as a way to also prove to TL that I have certain items if they ever go missing. If items I paid for with gems go missing... oh boy there will be trouble because gems=cash money in my case and I don't take kindly to people stealing money from me.