PDA

View Full Version : Level 48

ghjvcucjb
12-27-13, 04:11 PM
Played it a dozen times and can't get past it. Half the time I can't even get to the crystal rows. The other half of the time, I reach it and only have a couple of plays left. But have no idea even when I do, how I was able to get the rows to move. Have tried to save the special row blaster and sun fruits hoping if I set off several of them the rows will move but that doesn't even work. Any ideas?

puzZelda
12-30-13, 09:04 AM
The trick is to realize how to use the boasters on the left side to get rid of crystals on the right.
Hopefully I'm getting the order of these pics right... Can't really tell. But you should be able to see that there's 2 types of combo to get rid of crystals on the right just using the blasters on the left.

One way is to combine two horizontal row blasters to create a vertical column blaster to get rid of all the crystals at once, another is to use a couple of horizontals to take one out.
11877 11876
11875 11874

That should make it go faster. HTH.

Phaedrakiki
01-07-14, 03:36 PM
That's it! Yeah, you have to "aim" the blasters at the crystals. Just as the photos show, you can aim & take them out one by one. Or, if you're lucky, you'll get a vertical blaster in the right spot, that you can activate with horizontal blasters like in the photo...and take all of the crystals onscreen at once. Even easier if you have 2 fruits the same color as your vertical blaster (that you can link to it, of course.) Just remember, as PuzZelda says, wherever you end your swipe is the row (or column) the blaster will take out...

Phaedrakiki
02-26-14, 02:32 AM
(...)The other half of the time, I reach it (...) But have no idea even when I do, how I was able to get the rows to move. Have tried to save the special row blaster and sun fruits hoping if I set off several of them the rows will move but that doesn't even work. Any ideas?

On the crystal levels, the "rows move" when you've cleared all the crystals on the screen (or at least all but the very bottom row.) When all but the lowest onscreen row is cleared of crystals, the screen will scroll down to the next level. Some levels will scroll multiple times...

This level will go much faster if you make lots of 7-or-more fruit chains (FC's.) That's how you get blasters (and this thread (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?63896-Ability-to-control-boost-direction&p=824013#post824013) will explain how to get the type of blaster you want--vertical or horizontal.) The longer the FC's you make, the more special fruits (blasters & bombs) you'll get. In fact, you get one for every 7th fruit (7, 14, 21, etc...)

If you keep running out of moves, then make sure you start with a good board. You should have a 7+ match visible as a first move when you start the level, or a match winding through the crystals on the right side. If you don't have either of these "good moves," pause & restart the level (doesn't take an energy if you don't touch anything.) Hope that helps!