PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story: Weekly Update 12/26/2013 Hedges/Sap Trees

sabrinashal
12-26-13, 01:07 PM
there is a Weekly Update (26/12/2013) - SAP!

edit (KP) adding photo
The Hedges drop white and blue petals each time you collect from them.
http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y416/kookypanda99/9090dd20-95a3-4b6f-87da-4f327861ff4f_zpsbfe737a8.jpg (http://s1273.photobucket.com/user/kookypanda99/media/9090dd20-95a3-4b6f-87da-4f327861ff4f_zpsbfe737a8.jpg.html)
Multi-Color Hedge

Cost: 40 Gems
info: Tend for White, Orange, Purple, Blue and Red Patals.
Tend Before Grown: No
Times to Use: Unlimited
Regen / Tend Time: 4 Hours
Size: 1x2
Resources / Drops: White, Orange, Purple, Blue and Red Patals.

Maple Tree

Cost: 40 Gems
info: A baby Maple Tree. High chance of dropping Sap.
Tend Before Grown: 5 Times
Times to Use: Unlimited
Regen / Tend Time: 4 Hours
Size: 2x2
Resources / Drops: Sap, low chance of Syrup
Note: Works like the fruit trees! grow it and then tend it repeatedly to get drops.

Sap Tree

Cost: 4000 Coins
info: Water to grow into a Sap tree. Low chance of dropping Sap.
Times to Use: 6
Regen / Tend Time: Tend Time: 3 Minutes
Resources / Drops: Sap, Wood, Living Wood (when chopped down)
Note: Grow it and then chop it down to get Sap.

Weekly Updates List - check it! (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?62916)

http://s22.postimg.org/eq9ik8odd/image.png

Important Note:

The descriptions for the trees say "high chance" and "low chance" of dropping sap,
but TL states (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?63188-What-s-going-on-with-Living-Wood&p=814672&viewfull=1#post814672) that BOTH trees have a 100% drop rate for sap.
The descriptions are errors that will be fixed later.

bawpotter
12-26-13, 01:13 PM
Prob not, although maybe.

BriarAvenue
12-26-13, 01:13 PM
is there a 26/12/2013 Weekly Update? :confused:

Lol, com'on, TL deserves a holiday break with families n friends too!

sabrinashal
12-26-13, 01:15 PM
Lol, com'on, TL deserves a holiday break with families n friends too!

lol just wanna be sure :P

katbtodd
12-26-13, 01:21 PM
It's funny ,,they sure gave us one on thanksgiving day,,,, I been setting here waiting too

vednir
12-26-13, 01:22 PM
Expect the faerie storyline to start next week. Stockpile resources!

katbtodd
12-26-13, 01:23 PM
Got an up date in City yesterday ,,

[S8] Elsa
12-26-13, 01:31 PM
There was a minor content update today! Check out the Multi-color Hedge, Maple Tree, & Sap Tree. Aren't they pretty?

BriarAvenue
12-26-13, 01:32 PM
Expect the faerie storyline to start next week. Stockpile resources!

What items do you suggest pls?

Castloninian
12-26-13, 01:37 PM
There was a minor content update today! Check out the Multi-color Hedge, Maple Tree, & Sap Tree. Aren't they pretty?
Hmm, how does the maple tree work? Do you chop down the tree, or will it keep giving sap at regular intervals?

SinCityPhoenix
12-26-13, 01:43 PM
New Sap tree and Maple tree at the market. Both dropping sap. And a new hedge.
Thanks TL.

vednir
12-26-13, 01:47 PM
What items do you suggest pls?

Hard to say really but I would go in order of difficulty to find. So rare drops like fur, living wood, prime cuts, etc. that require more energy to search out vs. things that you may need large quantities of but are relatively easy to acquire such as wheat, eggs or milk.

Basically don't upgrade anything and pull buildings out of storage that have a longer cool-down time like market places and perhaps libraries as well since those seem to be popular for "researching" with quests.

BriarAvenue
12-26-13, 01:49 PM
Hmm, how does the maple tree work? Do you chop down the tree, or will it keep giving sap at regular intervals?
The info says "a baby maple tree, high chance of dropping saps".
So it should be dropping at regular intervals.

But my question is .. will it drop syrup as rare drop?
Otherwise, what the difference btw the maple n the sap tree.
Btw, will the sap tree grow leaves? It doesn't look nice now leafless.

BriarAvenue
12-26-13, 01:50 PM
Hard to say really but I would go in order of difficulty to find. So rare drops like fur, living wood, prime cuts, etc. that require more energy to search out vs. things that you may need large quantities of but are relatively easy to acquire such as wheat, eggs or milk.

Basically don't upgrade anything and pull buildings out of storage that have a longer cool-down time like market places and perhaps libraries as well since those seem to be popular for "researching" with quests.

Thanks. I am stock piling for pepper, carrots n cabbages now!

creolepraline
12-26-13, 01:51 PM
They're right up my alley and do very pretty, but that amount of gems for one hedge is outrageous. Same goes for the tree.

Castloninian
12-26-13, 01:53 PM

I expected to cut down the sap tree, like other trees you can buy. I don't mind spending 40 gems on a maple tree, but if it does cut down then I would be miffed as I'd prefer to take my chances with the sap tree. Ho hum, let's wait and see.

vednir
12-26-13, 01:58 PM
I expected to cut down the sap tree, like other trees you can buy. I don't mind spending 40 gems on a maple tree, but if it does cut down then I would be miffed as I'd prefer to take my chances with the sap tree. Ho hum, let's wait and see.

Are these trees we cut down or that we tend (i.e. fruit trees)? Given the Christmas tree debacle where you have to chop down the tree to get the drops I'm not spending any gems on the maple tree until it's confirmed that it's a tree to "tend" not to "chop". The description is extremely vague about which one it is.

katbtodd
12-26-13, 02:02 PM
Thinking. You just going to have to water it,,, not chop it

glimmergate
12-26-13, 02:02 PM
You don't need to cut down the Maple Tree - once it grows, it's permanent, like the fruit trees.

OMG I love this idea, of course the Maple Tree should drop syrup sometimes... Maple trees might see a tiny update once the holidays are over... :)

glimmergate
12-26-13, 02:03 PM
Are these trees we cut down or that we tend (i.e. fruit trees)? Given the Christmas tree debacle where you have to chop down the tree to get the drops I'm not spending any gems on the maple tree until it's confirmed that it's a tree to "tend" not to "chop". The description is extremely vague about which one it is.

I'll update the description text to be clearer. The Sap Tree (coins) you chop down, but the Maple Tree (gems) you tend like the Apple Tree.

vednir
12-26-13, 02:03 PM
I'll update the description text to be clearer. The Sap Tree (coins) you chop down, but the Maple Tree (gems) you tend like the Apple Tree.

Thank you for the clarification. Also a big thumbs up to possibly having syrup be a rare drop from the Maple Tree.

Also to anyone considering buying these, both of these trees are 2x2 squares so plan accordingly.

Castloninian
12-26-13, 02:07 PM

Thanks, love the idea of a sap tree because I never have enough for building materials and cooking.

Castloninian
12-26-13, 02:11 PM

Sap tree stays leafless, but you chop them in 6 chops and take 5 times to grow I think, at 3 minute intervals to water. Does anyone know yet how often you tend the maple tree? Trying to figure out whether it is worth splurging for it.

sabrinashal
12-26-13, 02:12 PM
Omg!!!!

Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap! Sap!

Thanks!!!!!!!!!

best update yet!

we need the sap!

vontalken
12-26-13, 02:16 PM
Hurray for Maple tree! worth the 40 because it provides sap and looks B-E-A-utiful. ... now to find some space for it.

mjauuuu
12-26-13, 02:19 PM
The cost of the new hedge is as "creolepraline" says outrageous it should not be much more than 5 gems since it's only a decoration and something you want plural of. The maple tree on the other hand is very pretty and since it works like the fruit trees, worthy of those 40 gems IMO. Thanks for the update TL! I'm very much looking forward to next weeks fairy update now.:)

Castloninian
12-26-13, 02:24 PM
The cost of the new hedge is as "creolepraline" says outrageous it should not be much more than 5 gems since it's only a decoration and something you want plural of. The maple tree on the other hand is very pretty and since it works like the fruit trees, worthy of those 40 gems IMO. Thanks for the update TL! I'm very much looking forward to next weeks fairy update now.:)
It is more than a decoration as it gives petals. But seeing as all but red petals come from coin bushes, and you can buy the red trillium for 35 gems, I can't see why you would need it. There will always be people that want it though.

BriarAvenue
12-26-13, 02:31 PM
Seems to be 20 minutes interval, at least it's now for watering it!
Yup my second tree purchased with gems (first one was the apple tree),
but this one is really worth it. Like the color more than the sap, maybe syrup.

Castloninian
12-26-13, 02:35 PM
Seems to be 20 minutes interval, at least it's now for watering it!
Yup my second tree purchased with gems (first one was the apple tree),
but this one is really worth it. Like the color more than the sap, maybe syrup.

Thanks. Just got one. That's my Boxing Day shopping done. Shame it wasn't on sale ;).

olcastle
12-26-13, 02:35 PM
Now we are talking about real Christmas gifts :) Thank you TL!

sabrinashal
12-26-13, 02:36 PM

i am waiting a bit b4 i will buy it

i have a feeling they might lower the cost soon :P

mjauuuu
12-26-13, 02:40 PM
It is more than a decoration as it gives petals. But seeing as all but red petals come from coin bushes, and you can buy the red trillium for 35 gems, I can't see why you would need it. There will always be people that want it though.

I see. I was not aware of that small fact but it doesn't justify the cost either way so it should still be a much, much lower amount of gems than those 40 gems. Besides, as you said yourself, there's other, cheaper ways of getting petals. I for one won't be buying the hedge since I don't even like the look of it but to each their own I guess.:)

JayUK69
12-26-13, 02:42 PM
Only bought the sap and maple trees, one of each. Just because I use sap a lot making syrup. Have no use for the hedge as I have plenty of flowers which drop all colours anyway.

CLOVERKAITO
12-26-13, 02:43 PM
Ohhh 40 gems maple tree that DROPS sap (not chopped down for sap)? Sounds nice! Should I get it? Hmmm...
For now I planted two of those 4000 coins sap trees.

I want something that has a higher drop rate of mermaid scales as well. I'm always maxed out on water when trying to get those mermaid scales (and kept making simple feasts to use up those fishes).

mjauuuu
12-26-13, 02:44 PM
i am waiting a bit b4 i will buy it

i have a feeling they might lower the cost soon :P

That's exactly how i feel about the Maple tree :p I've been burned too many times before by TL lowering prices so I'm always cautious nowadays before buying something new.

mjauuuu
12-26-13, 02:46 PM
Ohhh 40 gems maple tree that DROPS sap (not chopped down for sap)? Sounds nice! Should I get it? Hmmm...
For now I planted two of those 4000 coins sap trees.

I want something that has a higher drop rate of mermaid scales as well. I'm always maxed out on water when trying to get those mermaid scales (and kept making simple feasts to use up those fishes).

That's a brilliant idea!!!! I was just thinking that I'm ALWAYS low on those mermaid scales and they are so hard to come by. Hey, TL! how about you make the hedge drop those instead? Then I'd be interested! ;) lol

PJColley
12-26-13, 02:46 PM
In the description, with the pics, it states specifically that the Maple Tree will be tended to get drops. But the SAP Tree will give sap when it is CHOPPED DOWN.

sabrinashal
12-26-13, 02:49 PM
That's exactly how i feel about the Maple tree :p I've been burned too many times before by TL lowering prices so I'm always cautious nowadays before buying something new.

i don't need the "Multi-Color Hedge" (maybe some day i will buy it)
i really need the "Maple Tree" (even two!)
i might use the "Sap Tree" for now (its kinda cheep for me)

i will wait like 1-2 weeks to see if maybe TL will lower the gems price b4 buying it

mjauuuu
12-26-13, 02:50 PM
In the description, with the pics, it states specifically that the Maple Tree will be tended to get drops. But the SAP Tree will give sap when it is CHOPPED DOWN.

This was corrected. This information was not clear before and that's why people were wondering.

MiniLaura
12-26-13, 02:52 PM
FYI: the first post in these Update threads (or other stickied threads) are usually edited by the moderators to contain all the relevant information about the update. Often, this is done after the thread has been started. Castloninian's question was asked before the info was added to the first post.

mjauuuu
12-26-13, 02:55 PM
i don't need the "Multi-Color Hedge" (maybe some day i will buy it)
i really need the "Maple Tree" (even two!)
i might use the "Sap Tree" for now (its kinda cheep for me)

i will wait like 1-2 weeks to see if maybe TL will lower the gems price b4 buying it

I will do the same as you, wait a couple weeks before buying the tree. I'm still hoping for a late christmas sale!

sabrinashal
12-26-13, 02:55 PM
I want something that has a higher drop rate of mermaid scales as well. I'm always maxed out on water when trying to get those mermaid scales

they did something like that already it's called "tablet of tabernum 1st shard research"

1st shard : x2 drop rate for water , higher chance to get fish and mermaid scale
2nd shard : higher drop rate from monsters( fangs, skunks, trolls), u get more item from them
3st shard : 33% chance to get an extra energy when harvest
4st shard : you can craft mithrill, jewel, silver ore ... in your magic forge.

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?41381-Position-of-Tablet-of-Tabernum&p=502520&viewfull=1#post502520

mjauuuu
12-26-13, 02:59 PM
they did something like that already it's called "tablet of tabernum 1st shard research"

1st shard : x2 drop rate for water , higher chance to get fish and mermaid scale
2nd shard : higher drop rate from monsters( fangs, skunks, trolls), u get more item from them

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?41381-Position-of-Tablet-of-Tabernum&p=502520&viewfull=1#post502520

Trust me, I've got all the 4 shards and that higher chance of finding mermaid scales are not that high. "Cloverkaito"s idea of TL releasing an item with an actual higher drop rate of MS is a very good one!

CLOVERKAITO
12-26-13, 03:04 PM

Yes, I got all the shards as well. I have 5 ponds and 1 fountain to collect from, and I usually get 0-3 fish and/or mermaid scale each time I collect from them. Maxing out on water is kinda of annoying especially when you only get water with the collection... makes me felt like I wasted my energy. :(

Trust me, I've got all the 4 shards and that higher chance of finding mermaid scales are not that high. "Cloverkaito"s idea of TL releasing an item with an actual higher drop rate of MS is a very good one!

I think something like a mermaid statue that we can collect from regularly would be nice and pretty!

cloudsail
12-26-13, 03:11 PM
Is there a chance of getting the maple tree from adventures, like the fruit trees?

sabrinashal
12-26-13, 03:13 PM
I think something like a mermaid statue that we can collect from regularly would be nice and pretty!

"mermaid statue" now that's a nice idea

i smell a greed gem cost for that one :)

sabrinashal
12-26-13, 03:14 PM
Is there a chance of getting the maple tree from adventures, like the fruit trees?

donno ... that's a good question

i think its the same just like the fruit trees tho ....

mjauuuu
12-26-13, 03:15 PM

I would suppose so but until someone gets it from an adventure and/or TL confirms it, nobody knows. But it would be sweet if they did come from adventures!

mjauuuu
12-26-13, 03:18 PM

OMG!! Another brilliant idea! You know what? Mermaid FOUNTAIN would be even sweeter! Oh, please TL... I beg you! Please, PLEASE release something like that.

glimmergate
12-26-13, 03:22 PM
OMG!! Another brilliant idea! You know what? Mermaid FOUNTAIN would be even sweeter! Oh, please TL... I beg you! Please, PLEASE release something like that.

What about a mermaid POND

Er
I mean, shhhh I have no idea what you're talking about...

;) ;) ;)

midnightmeerkat
12-26-13, 03:27 PM

Er

;) ;) ;)

Lol... I love the idea of a mermaid pond!!

newzealander
12-26-13, 04:14 PM
LOL...they are one step ahead of us ;)

gdmcrjunkie
12-26-13, 04:17 PM
That maple tree! With all those colours! And now I'm out of gems :D

BriarAvenue
12-26-13, 04:32 PM
Lol... I love the idea of a mermaid pond!!
Make sure TL puts some blue water lilies in it too.

m1stery
12-26-13, 04:49 PM
I wonder, since we got that Multi-Colour Hedge does that mean that we are getting petal trade that I've seen many of players asking?

m1stery
12-26-13, 05:03 PM
My Maple Tree just grew.... it seem to be similar to Glimmerdust Trove, it will drop sap every 4 hours

rosewaterlily
12-26-13, 05:24 PM
My Maple Tree just grew.... it seem to be similar to Glimmerdust Trove, it will drop sap every 4 hours

How many saps does it drop at once? Four hours is kind of long considering I can get like 10 sap from my level 5 sawmills more frequently than that. But of course I got one anyway since the tree is pretty and once they update it to drop syrup, I'll probably like it a lot more! Between the reindeer stable dropping ice cream and the maple trees dropping syrup, maybe I won't constantly have to grow sugar cane and make sugar all the time.

8theSniper
12-26-13, 06:43 PM
Oh that's nice :)

ghjvcucjb
12-26-13, 06:50 PM

Er

;) ;) ;)

I would like to point out that one of the awesome posters here on the board (me, tee hee) has been asking for a mermaid pond with mermaid scales and maybe pearls in the suggestion threads for about 9 months and am absolutely overjoyed!!! Can she have long curly locks? I wish Sabina could have her back.

rosepetal58
12-26-13, 07:09 PM
I can't get into my game to see the maple trees. It keeps saying there is something wrong with my internet. I have done all things I am supposed to do. Is anyone else having a problem?

troubadours
12-26-13, 10:06 PM

Anything that gives mermaid scales would be appreciated! Major shortage of MS and huge surplus of water and even fish in my kingdom

JustKay
12-26-13, 10:30 PM

Would be awesome to have a mermaid in the kingdom... but that's a bit of a stretch. Might also feel a bit bad about ethical treatment of aquatic creatures...

jtm101
12-26-13, 10:31 PM
Thankyou TL

My 3 kingdoms have been suffering from a shortage of Sap and a surplus of Wood and Wooden Beams for ages. I've now bought 5 Maple trees and probably a dozen of the Sap trees and plan to buy more in the future, especially if the Maple trees have a chance of dropping Syrup. Perhaps if they dropped syrup at the rate the Windmill drops flour, i think that would be fair.

vontalken
12-26-13, 11:27 PM
Ok so all grown up maple tree. 4 hour refresh timer and first result is 1 sap. May need to buy a second or third tree.

Castloninian
12-26-13, 11:54 PM
Ok so all grown up maple tree. 4 hour refresh timer and first result is 1 sap. May need to buy a second or third tree.

Oh really? Four hours and then 1 sap? That seems a bit stingy. I was hoping it would be more like the red trillium, every 20 minutes :) or the fruit trees are 2 hours. If it is like the glimmerdust trove then hopefully it also has a chance of dropping more sap, as that drops 1-3. If it stays at four hours for 1 sap I think I am better off with the sap trees.

olcastle
12-27-13, 12:45 AM
I got just 1 sap too. Honestly I don't see how this tree with drop rate like this could make any difference.

vednir
12-27-13, 12:53 AM
I got 1 and 2 saps on my first two collections.

BriarAvenue
12-27-13, 12:59 AM
I got 1 and 2 saps on my first two collections.
I think the same rates for me too. Maybe 3 saps on the 2nd, but not sure.
Always forgot to check my inventory before collecting.

sabbywabbys
12-27-13, 01:23 AM
Hey can anyone please tell me what the hedge drops specifically? Is it only one colour petal? Several petals of different colours or what?!

sabrinashal
12-27-13, 01:37 AM
I got just 1 sap too. Honestly I don't see how this tree with drop rate like this could make any difference.

well it can make a huge difference!

if you will have like 10 maple trees then you will have 10 saps every 4 hours

meaning: 60 spas per day! :)

rosewaterlily
12-27-13, 02:04 AM
I only got one sap for the first collection too. Doesn't seem very useful unless you have a couple of them, and they're like the glimmerdust troves and occasionally drop 3 as well. I have four glimmerdust troves and can max out glimmerdust quickly by collecting from them regularly--but I got all those from adventures and not for gems. Any chance the maple tree will drop from adventures also? Plus they're 2x2 so if you get several trees, they take up quite a lot more space than multiple gd troves. The tree is pretty though.

nasha86
12-27-13, 02:05 AM
I would like to point out that one of the awesome posters here on the board (me, tee hee) has been asking for a mermaid pond with mermaid scales and maybe pearls in the suggestion threads for about 9 months and am absolutely overjoyed!!! Can she have long curly locks? I wish Sabina could have her back.
Thank for brilliant idea. Why don't we open up a chain quest on mermaid too. We know that we are near to the sea. Why don't we have any mermaid get lost in the forest while sightseeing, injuried and can't go back to the sea. We can cure her, have some adventure to the sea, find the potion to change her back to mermaid. Finally, she left but do give us a mermaid pond as the way we can contact to her. That would be a long journey when we the first time can access to the sea.

sabrinashal
12-27-13, 02:38 AM
finished!

Jaeron_Q
12-27-13, 02:44 AM
Multi Color Hedge, no tending time, and regen time is 4hrs, size is 1x2.
Maple Tree is 2x2

Castloninian
12-27-13, 02:47 AM
well it can make a huge difference!

if you will have like 10 maple trees then you will have 10 saps every 4 hours

meaning: 60 spas per day! :)
But at 40 gems each, who's going to have 10 of them??

sabrinashal
12-27-13, 02:50 AM
Maple Tree is 2x2

thanks!

celphyn
12-27-13, 03:38 AM
Not bad =]
Love the ideas but i don't really need them for the moment.
One day maybe ^.^
I already have my little garden.

sabbywabbys
12-27-13, 03:43 AM
Maple Tree is 2x2

How manu petals does it drop?

jim23cash
12-27-13, 05:39 AM

Er

;) ;) ;)

YES! Yipee, I love this idea!

vontalken
12-27-13, 08:05 AM
Second collection of the maple tree gave 2 Sap. so my score card is:
1-1
2-2

BriarAvenue
12-27-13, 08:07 AM
My 3rd collection only gave 1 sap. 1-2-1 for me

brandonu
12-27-13, 08:10 AM
Is the maple tree going to be available as a random quest reward, like the fruit trees? Sorry if this has already been asked/answered.

BriarAvenue
12-27-13, 08:27 AM
Just collected, my pattern seems to be 1-2-1-2

mjauuuu
12-27-13, 08:57 AM

Er

;) ;) ;)

Really?! :D Now I'm beyond excited to see what you have planned for us! Time to refill my gem stash just in case I guess. :cool: I hope you'll make it rather big and gorgeous with some movement in it, that would be epic!

preinsko
12-27-13, 12:54 PM

Like you I have all 4 shards and in my experience the drops are not consistent. When I manage my inventory the drops are good, I have 5 sources and I will get 1/2 scales and 3/4 fish and double H2O. However, when I slack off and need them the drops, I guess, are more normal like 1:3 plus double H2O. Timed quests **** me because to conserve energy I change my collection pattern. Oh well it's all in the game.

CottageRose
12-27-13, 01:24 PM
With 2 maple trees, I usually get 3-4 saps total from the two of them. I would not be surprised if it is possible a maple might rarely drop 3 saps like the glimmer troves, but I haven't seen it yet. :)

BriarAvenue
12-27-13, 01:36 PM
Like you I have all 4 shards and in my experience the drops are not consistent. When I manage my inventory the drops are good, I have 5 sources and I will get 1/2 scales and 3/4 fish and double H2O. However, when I slack off and need them the drops, I guess, are more normal like 1:3 plus double H2O. Timed quests **** me because to conserve energy I change my collection pattern. Oh well it's all in the game.

My experience is that if I max out on water (or if quest requires scale or fish)
then the dropping drops or sometimes I got nothing except coins).
I got all the shards too btw.

BriarAvenue
12-27-13, 01:41 PM
With 2 maple trees, I usually get 3-4 saps total from the two of them. I would not be surprised if it is possible a maple might rarely drop 3 saps like the glimmer troves, but I haven't seen it yet. :)

Seems so bcs my sap inventory jumped suddenly. Unfortunately I didn't check each time
and I collected once or twice from the 2 mills, twice from the tree, and I believe once from Mr. Piggy.
But the inventory increased from 72 to 89, a total of 17!

vednir
12-27-13, 02:38 PM
I have not gotten a +3 sap from the maple trees yet so I assume their limit is lower than the glimmerdust troves. Can anyone confirm they have gotten +3 sap?

shelby647
12-27-13, 03:06 PM
Love the Sap trees!

jimboser
12-27-13, 04:33 PM
I'm tempted to get this, not sure yet. Sap isn't a biggie for me right now, I've done good at crafting lots of glues and syrup when I get low, and collect from the sawmills as often as I can. I usually have a good supply of sap, though at the moment I'm down under 60 from working on sweet feasts.

Maybe when I reorganize all of my buildings I might make a spot for this. I'm definite happy to see the option, wish the tree wasn't a 2x2 square though.

BriarAvenue
12-27-13, 04:39 PM
I don't need saps, just can't resist the colorful maple, end up getting two! Lol

bottledH20
12-27-13, 10:05 PM
Thanks for this update TL. Anything to help with sap is appreciated and the maple tree is quite attractive

ac302
12-27-13, 10:26 PM
I chopped down almost every tree in my kingdom trying to obtain sap for the Reindeer goal. I have since replanted those trees - not much room for the new sap/maple trees, but I've made room. These trees are greatly needed and much appreciated. Thanks TL.

parlski
12-28-13, 02:38 PM
FYI: the first post in these Update threads (or other stickied threads) are usually edited...

* snickrs. this Sap post is "stickied" haha.. hoo. clever.. i might die laughing. do worry, I just maple through.
seriously, the tree colours (much like the puns) are like a bad clowns wig. I bought two none-the-less.
cheers TL for your generosity withe the game trial gems.

abis4444
12-28-13, 03:08 PM
How manu petals does it drop?

I've been getting between 5-10 petals of mixed colours each drop

nasha86
12-28-13, 10:31 PM
The maple tree seems to drop just 1 sap so far in every 4 hours for me. As this pace, it really not interesting. Rather collect from the sawmill. Anyway, its color is briliant, thank you TL :)

sabbywabbys
12-29-13, 12:13 AM
I've been getting between 5-10 petals of mixed colours each drop

Cool! Thanks thats awesome. Sounds worth it to me. I hate wasting energy on petals!

infinitelove19
12-29-13, 03:05 AM
there is a Weekly Update (26/12/2013) - SAP!

Sap Tree

Cost: 4000 Coins
info: Water to grow into a Sap tree. Low chance of dropping Sap.
Times to Use: 6
Regen / Tend Time: Tend Time: 3 Minutes
Resources / Drops: Sap, Wood, Living Wood (when chopped down)
Note: Works like the fruit trees! grow it and then chopped it down to get Sap.

Weekly Updates List - check it! (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?62916)

http://s22.postimg.org/eq9ik8odd/image.png

Important Note:

The descriptions for the trees say "high chance" and "low chance" of dropping sap,
but TL states (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?63188-What-s-going-on-with-Living-Wood&p=814672&viewfull=1#post814672) that BOTH trees have a 100% drop rate for sap.
The descriptions are errors that will be fixed later.

Seems to me that if we chop it down, it is nothing like the fruit trees.
Perhaps delete that line?
Love that we have sap sources now! Whoo-hoo!!!

jessicattt
12-29-13, 03:43 AM
I couldn't resist the colourful tree! Don't really need sap but you never know for the future.

vednir
12-29-13, 09:38 AM
Seems to me that if we chop it down, it is nothing like the fruit trees.
Perhaps delete that line?
Love that we have sap sources now! Whoo-hoo!!!

They have stated they will likely update the descriptions to clarify. The Sap Tree is chopped down. The Maple Tree is tended. Therefore the Maple Tree is like the fruit trees. There is also the possibility that the Maple Tree will have syrup as a rare drop once that code change is approved/implemented.

arikasi
12-29-13, 11:10 AM
I bought a maple tree. I am mostly getting one sap per tending, two rarely.

Its production is just too low for its timed duration. One sap per hour would be a better rate of return.
As others have said when considering we get up to 10 sap every two hours with the sawmills yet we have been begging for another way to get sap because even at 10 per two hours we have been struggling with production, one sap extra every 4 hours is not going to make a difference.

I hope someone from Team Lava reads these and will consider lowering the refresh time of this tree.

ghjvcucjb
12-29-13, 11:17 AM
I'm always maxed out on sap so didn't need any of these trees. However I bought one because it's so pretty. Would buy a forest of them but am afraid to use gems now that the time goals are getting harder and harder to accomplish without gems.

jptheripper
12-29-13, 11:23 AM
The flower hedge is great. Put all my flowers in storage, hopefully will fill up on all

denizey
12-29-13, 02:51 PM
Agree with jptheripper, I bought a flower hedge with reward gems and it never fails to deliver at least a mix of around 5-6, sometimes more.

guyrye
12-29-13, 06:14 PM
What is the point of the glimmergate? I unlocked that space weeks ago, but it seems useless. I have the amphitheater. Any help is appreciated.

faeriedust
12-29-13, 09:26 PM
What is the point of the glimmergate? I unlocked that space weeks ago, but it seems useless. I have the amphitheater. Any help is appreciated.

I've just recently reached the glimmergate expansion and the glimmergate questline with Greselda popped up. If that is what you are talking about.

Queenzod
12-29-13, 09:31 PM

It is useless, once the goal is finished. What gets me is that it can't be stored. Drives me crazy. :)

guyrye
12-29-13, 09:40 PM
How do I get the quest to open? I'm level 29 and have all the regular buildings.

gdmcrjunkie
12-29-13, 11:36 PM
1 sap every 4 hours. Well, at least the tree is pretty.

BriarAvenue
12-30-13, 01:12 AM
How do I get the quest to open? I'm level 29 and have all the regular buildings.

Your post seems unrelated to this thread.
Pls see following n maybe you will get your answer there.

http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?63293-Glimmer-gate-quest&highlight=Glimmergate

guyrye
12-30-13, 06:07 AM
Your post seems unrelated to this thread.
Pls see following n maybe you will get your answer there.

http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?63293-Glimmer-gate-quest&highlight=Glimmergate

I'll try there. Thanks.

stripes567
12-30-13, 08:15 PM
When I bought the Sap Tree it gave me sap every time I chopped it. Whats the difference between the Maple and Sap Tree they both provide sap?!?

dragoniakingdom
12-30-13, 10:03 PM
When I bought the Sap Tree it gave me sap every time I chopped it. Whats the difference between the Maple and Sap Tree they both provide sap?!?

The Sap Tree is one you chop while the Maple tree is a collect tree & does not disappear after x amount of chops.
The Maple also has a rare chance of collecting syrup.

MiniLaura
12-30-13, 10:26 PM
The Maple also has a rare chance of collecting syrup.

no, it does not. At least not yet. Syrup drops were suggested, and TL liked the suggestion. However, this feature HAS NOT been added yet.

dragoniakingdom
12-31-13, 12:32 AM
no, it does not. At least not yet. Syrup drops were suggested, and TL liked the suggestion. However, this feature HAS NOT been added yet.

Thank you for the clarification - did wonder why I never received any syrup.:p

BriarAvenue
12-31-13, 12:55 AM
Wonder if the next quest has anything to do with petals n syrup? @-@

cad33
12-31-13, 08:30 AM
Any chance of these getting added to the rewards from quests?

I bought an apple tree for 60 gems... and now have a small grove of 4 or 5 of them having gotten them from quests.

MiniLaura
12-31-13, 10:27 AM
Any chance of these getting added to the rewards from quests?

We won't know this until someone reports getting one from a quest.

aypeerez
12-31-13, 03:12 PM
Love the sap and maple trees - have one maple for a steady supply of sap and buy the sap trees for when I need sap in a hurry. Team Lava you rock!!

bowlfullofcherries
01-01-14, 08:13 AM
The new plants are very pretty, and I've bought one of each maple and sap. I seem to have the same reservations concerning the hedge as some other players on forum, though. Hedges are similar to walls in usage so forty per seems mighty steep. It's great that they give out so many petals in one go, though. I'll wait, I suppose, for quest drops and deals.

HistoryGirl7
01-01-14, 09:16 AM
So excited for next update...any ideas of when?

MiniLaura
01-01-14, 09:26 AM
The new plants are very pretty, and I've bought one of each maple and sap. I seem to have the same reservations concerning the hedge as some other players on forum, though. Hedges are similar to walls in usage so forty per seems mighty steep. It's great that they give out so many petals in one go, though. I'll wait, I suppose, for quest drops and deals.

The multicolored hedge does not count against your wall/hedge total. It's also a different size from the wall-like hedges and will not connect to those hedges.

bowlfullofcherries
01-01-14, 09:50 AM
Yeah, but I mean as far as decorative use. One hedge? It's comparable to having one wall standing alone. I don't need any of these updates but I tend to buy whenever TL puts out new things because I'm a compulsive collector. But only if it makes sense. Forty gems a pop when I might need six or more strictly for decorative purposes is silly.

MiniLaura
01-01-14, 11:26 AM
Ah, I see what you mean.
however, I don't think the multicolor hedge looks like a hedge. It looks like a very big bush in a planter box. I personally don't think it looks weird by itself. But, to each her own!

bowlfullofcherries
01-01-14, 02:01 PM
So it's.... not like the green hedge walls? I've never seen it, so I assumed this hedge would look like all the other hedges.

kooky panda
01-01-14, 02:14 PM
I got them because they drop white and blue petals each time you collect from them. I like they way they look even standing alone.
http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y416/kookypanda99/9090dd20-95a3-4b6f-87da-4f327861ff4f_zpsbfe737a8.jpg (http://s1273.photobucket.com/user/kookypanda99/media/9090dd20-95a3-4b6f-87da-4f327861ff4f_zpsbfe737a8.jpg.html)

CLOVERKAITO
01-02-14, 06:14 PM
^The pink chickens look hilarious! Were they from Valentine? I hope they bring them back next month so that I can have a chance to get them!

I also bought one maple tree with extra sap trees when I have space to put them (my kingdom is messy with me trying to fit everything somewhere with lack of space)... and I also bought those 25000 x'mas trees whenever I got 30000+ coin so I'm so low on coins right now for any expansion lol.

glimmergate
01-02-14, 07:06 PM
The Maple Tree now has a low chance of dropping Syrup :)

dragoniakingdom
01-02-14, 10:21 PM

That's great.

Thank you.:)

Castloninian
01-03-14, 12:24 AM

That's wonderful. I was kind of regretting buying a maple tree, as 1 or 2 sap every 4 hours hasn't helped much. Now with possible drops of syrup it is more interesting. Luckily we also got sap trees because thanks to those my sap shortage has been somewhat relieved.

troubadours
01-03-14, 12:39 AM

Sweet! Thanks game developers

mjauuuu
01-03-14, 01:19 AM

Thank you so much for this! I got a syrup just now when collecting from my maple tree. :)

freesiawoods
01-03-14, 05:53 AM
Yes! My maple tree just dropped one syrup along with one sap. Fantastic!!

jtm101
01-03-14, 05:55 AM
1 Syrup from 10 Maple tree collections for me so far.

HorseHoundandFoxHoldings
01-04-14, 04:25 PM
I am to the fairie quest but still do not have the option to make snow in the exchange for the reindeer stable. I have completed all options but unless I use gems to buy the snow I have no other way to access the snow. Is there something I am missing? I checked to make sure I am updated on my ipad-version 7. C
I have been reading close to 70 pages between the forum and your replies, but I also have not heats about the colored maple trees until I started reading. I also have items In storage that I cannot use for the sweet bribe, yet it allowed the lemonade in storage to be used but not the cake.
Any help/suggestions is greatly appreciated.
I do not know if you need ID but will leave it just in case. Storm ID: HorseHoundAndFoxHoldings
Thank you.

MiniLaura
01-04-14, 05:03 PM
I also have items In storage that I cannot use for the sweet bribe, yet it allowed the lemonade in storage to be used but not the cake.

i answered your question about the snow in the reindeer stable thread.

you should be able to use items in storage for the sweet bribe. If you cannot, try force closing your game and restarting. If that doesn't help, delete the game from your device (your progress is saved on TL servers and will not be lost), and reinstall the game.

troubadours
01-06-14, 10:38 PM
Just got my first syrup from a maple tree! Took awhile to get one, but I hate making syrup so it's still pretty nice

bowlfullofcherries
01-11-14, 03:24 AM
Has anyone gotten a hedge from an adventure yet?

cherriesx
01-18-14, 05:37 AM
What is the drop rate of red petals from the hedge? I need more red petals but love how the hedge looks, so I'm considering getting this instead of the red trillium. Is there at least 1 red petal per collection?

shambalaya
01-18-14, 11:30 AM
I would also like to know if anyone received a maple tree or hedge from an adventure?

jimboser
01-18-14, 01:25 PM
I would also like to know if anyone received a maple tree or hedge from an adventure?

None for me yet.

maguar
01-18-14, 03:45 PM
What is the drop rate of red petals from the hedge? I need more red petals but love how the hedge looks, so I'm considering getting this instead of the red trillium. Is there at least 1 red petal per collection?

It's not a guarantee for the red petals. From what I've seen I tend to get a total of five petals. This is made up of different combinations (colours and quantities). So I might get 3 of one and 2 of another for one collection. Another time I might get 2 of two and 1 of another etc.

cherriesx
01-19-14, 07:13 AM
It's not a guarantee for the red petals. From what I've seen I tend to get a total of five petals. This is made up of different combinations (colours and quantities). So I might get 3 of one and 2 of another for one collection. Another time I might get 2 of two and 1 of another etc.

But are the red petal drops plentiful enough to make the hedge worthwhile? Or am I better off buying the red trillium?

maguar
01-19-14, 03:45 PM
But are the red petal drops plentiful enough to make the hedge worthwhile? Or am I better off buying the red trillium?

Sorry I've been maxed on reds for awhile so I haven't noticed

Korlcek
02-12-15, 03:09 AM
Maple tree info now says "Tend for sap and other crafting materials". So is sap now returned everytime the tree is collected from or is there still a "high chance"? Which are other materials?

shambalaya
02-12-15, 05:16 AM
Maple tree info now says "Tend for sap and other crafting materials". So is sap now returned everytime the tree is collected from or is there still a "high chance"? Which are other materials?

1-2 sap on every collection and a chance of maple syrup drop (I would estimate around 20%)

Jagger517
04-01-16, 12:17 PM

I would like to know this answer.

Ajennifer1016
05-11-16, 11:40 AM
I would like to know this answer.

I would too!