PDA

View Full Version : Inflation on Gems to Rebuild Army

mackbolan
12-22-13, 11:08 AM
Like seemingly every other mid- to high-level player (Level 56, ~2000 Crowns) I shifted over the last couple days into using Airships. At first, when I was presented with a junky kingdom that had a bit of Coin and Spellstone, I could throw ~20 Airship, get ~100-125k of Coin and Spellstone in aggregate, and rebuild for ~10 Gems.

Without any warning, Storm 8 raised the cost to rebuild Airships, and they now cost Airships more than .5 Gems/Airship to rebuild in a low-use battle. Storm8, do you really think people will just keep paying these prices? I've already had Apple credit my account for $100 I spent when Storm8 took a month or more to correct its non-stop crashing and refused to credit my account for Crowns lost when I won battles and the game crashed. Now, I don't feel I have a refund-worthy gripe, since I have the choice not to play the game going forward if the cost to replenish is too high, but I do feel like I was sold a bill of goods. I've continued to buy gems having done the math on what a typical army rebuild will cost, and now Storm8 has changed that cost without warning.

Here is my main problem with Storm8 (among many problems). You change the rules of engagement without warning, and then you also mess with the cost to implement a successful strategy under those new rules. Changing the rules to balance attacking and defending is potentially laudable, although Storm8's implementation is complete amateur hour (nerfing troop upgrades when they were 90% complete, obsoleting various troops and defenses on a whim, etc.).

But making those changes and then also changing the cost without any warning is pure greed. Storm8 nerfed archers because they were too powerful, but when there is only one successful attack strategy and you raise the price of that unit, you are ruining the game.

FrozenTurtle
12-22-13, 06:13 PM
The cost to rebuild Airships should not have changed. Can you send me a PM with the approximate date/time of the battles that had the lower costs to rebuild? Please include the name of the Kingdom that you attacked as well. We'll take a look to see what going on. Thanks!

Sumercarefree
12-30-13, 09:19 PM
I lost 300 gems. Accidentally my phone purchased a shield when I put it in my pocket.
now who wants to pay 300 gems for a shield when we can get it for free !
Of course I broke the shield immediately !