PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Summoning: Holly and Reindeer Dragons(IOS)

Pages : 1 [2]

Kami365
12-26-13, 09:09 AM
For those who need gifts to complete this, use air. Every two hrs you get one gift. So in twelve, you get 6 gifts not 4 as you would if you used water.

Thank you kwhales ,glad to see your post again.:)

Kami365
12-26-13, 09:34 AM
So far my Dragon Summoning are as follows,.

Harvest Food 161/180

Quest 22/30

Hatch Dragons 44/50

Time remaining 03 Days 15 Hours 25 mins

sfallday
12-26-13, 09:58 AM
Got my Holly today should have reindeer by tomorrow

pinkprincess1313
12-26-13, 11:03 AM
So far my Dragon Summoning are as follows,.

Harvest Food 161/180

Quest 22/30

Hatch Dragons 44/50

Time remaining 03 Days 15 Hours 25 mins

Can I ask what food you are using to be that high? I have been doing pumpkin wings I think that's what there called around the clock and I am at 115..
Thanks in advance..

freshfunin2008
12-26-13, 11:06 AM
[QUOTE=pinkprincess1313;814549]Can I ask what food you are using to be that high? I have been doing pumpkin wings I think that's what there called around the clock and I am at 115..
Thanks in advance..[/QUOTE

After a slow start day 1 with Diamond dates, I have used Diamond dates for all six crops non stop. I am at 149 candies from using them. I get one candy for each one and I plant them every 5 hours. I can get 18 to 24 a day. I hope this helps. good luck

DragonMaster128z
12-26-13, 11:09 AM
Can I ask what food you are using to be that high? I have been doing pumpkin wings I think that's what there called around the clock and I am at 115..
Thanks in advance..

I am planting scalypears and I have- 129

pinkprincess1313
12-26-13, 11:22 AM
I am planting scalypears and I have- 129

Thanks I'll try that, how many candy canes does that give out?

DragonMaster128z
12-26-13, 11:22 AM
Thanks I'll try that, how many candy canes does that give out?

I get 4 per 24 hours then I usually plat a diamondate and get another 6 candycanes.

chewytwix
12-26-13, 11:29 AM
I have 161 and did scaly pears. Sometimes I do diamond dates around 7 am and switch to scaly pears by 12 pm. I get 24 with the pears per day.

pribakes
12-26-13, 11:34 AM
Got Holy this morning woooohooo!

Im now in my main account : 234/260 total
165/180 harvest
19/30 quest (this will BE tight)
50/50 breed

In 2nd account 223/260 total
155/180 harvest
18/30 quest (this will BE tight)
50/50 breed

Hope you all had a lovely christmas And TL thanks for the new games, and PLEASE increase our habitats, I have no room for new dragons my holly is in my storege :(

pinkprincess1313
12-26-13, 11:35 AM
I have 161 and did scaly pears. Sometimes I do diamond dates around 7 am and switch to scaly pears by 12 pm. I get 24 with the pears per day.
Thanks so much...I'm done with everything but the candy canes, can't lose too close...lol

rsusko
12-26-13, 11:44 AM
For those worried about hatching I think it's pretty easy to make it even if you're just breeding normally. I am done with hatching just from regularly trying for gingerbread and tinsel dragons. Also I've been planting 5x scaly pears for 20 canes a day (will easily make it) and then use the last farm for either rushrooms or diamondates depending on when I'll get to my iPad again. Sometimes the rushrooms give one candy so if that happens twice in 5 hrs it's better than the 5 hour crops giving one always. Still not sure how the heck I'm supposed to finish the ornament quest without gold if it only gives one ornament every time though?? I have rushed here and there bc paying partial time costs is cheaper than buying them outright. Maybe you have to set alarms and wake up at night, but i like my sleep too much :)

igames4me
12-26-13, 11:46 AM
Thanks so much...I'm done with everything but the candy canes, can't lose too close...lol

How did you finish the questing so fast? Unless you used gold to speed up?

Thanks

buttabdullah99
12-26-13, 11:53 AM
Guys I got my Santa dragon yepiee :););) I am so happy
Now I have total
227/260

LemonadeMouth173
12-26-13, 12:01 PM
164/180
26/30
50/50
I planted only diamond n rush. I didnt speed but i accidently bought some decorations and i had some virtues who gave me 13 presents one. Good luck!

midnightmeerkat
12-26-13, 12:24 PM
For those worried about hatching I think it's pretty easy to make it even if you're just breeding normally. I am done with hatching just from regularly trying for gingerbread and tinsel dragons. Also I've been planting 5x scaly pears for 20 canes a day (will easily make it) and then use the last farm for either rushrooms or diamondates depending on when I'll get to my iPad again. Sometimes the rushrooms give one candy so if that happens twice in 5 hrs it's better than the 5 hour crops giving one always. Still not sure how the heck I'm supposed to finish the ornament quest without gold if it only gives one ornament every time though?? I have rushed here and there bc paying partial time costs is cheaper than buying them outright. Maybe you have to set alarms and wake up at night, but i like my sleep too much :)

For quests as long as you can send them during the day you can easily get it. 30 of them at 4 times a day is 8 days

midnightmeerkat
12-26-13, 12:25 PM
Got my holly on the nest!! :)

pinkprincess1313
12-26-13, 01:31 PM
How did you finish the questing so fast? Unless you used gold to speed up?

Thanks

The questing I did speed up with gold a few times like at 2 hours or less time left so it wasn't so much gold at once..hope you make it, I just got my ipad air as a early Christmas present from my boyfriend so this was my first quest like this..thanks to everyone that answered my questions, it is much appreciated..

buttabdullah99
12-26-13, 01:38 PM
Yay!!! Just got my holly in the storage can't hatch now both nests full

buttabdullah99
12-26-13, 01:39 PM
Got my holly on the nest!! :)
Congrats midnight :)

awsumum
12-26-13, 01:42 PM
Yay!!! Just got my holly in the storage can't hatch now both nests full

Yay! Congrats hun! I've had to put fruitfool in stables so I could house holly, and all the other dragons are on best behaviour, as they know they could be next into The Dreaded Storage!

finnth12
12-26-13, 02:06 PM
Got my holly this morning. Thanks TL please keep the summoning like these in the future.;)

wildhearts20
12-26-13, 02:22 PM
I must not be doing it right because I'm way behind on quest items and harvesting. I've been planting the diamodates and always get 1 par farm. But I can't always do it three times a day because of work, same with the quests. Oh well, glad to see other people are getting it. And I do agree the drop rates are much better.

mjauuuu
12-26-13, 02:25 PM
I must not be doing it right because I'm way behind on quest items and harvesting. I've been planting the diamodates and always get 1 par farm. But I can't always do it three times a day because of work, same with the quests. Oh well, glad to see other people are getting it. And I do agree the drop rates are much better.

How come you haven't been planting scalypears? Those have the best drop rates as far as i know. I've been plating them and only them since this summoning started and are not having any problems at all with the harvest part. You should definitely try planting those instead! I hope you'll be able to get at least one of the dragons! Good luck:)

mjauuuu
12-26-13, 02:32 PM
For quests as long as you can send them during the day you can easily get it. 30 of them at 4 times a day is 8 days

4 times a day?? Are you serious? That's 20 hours since each quest takes 5 hours. How is that supposed to work? I can barely make it 2 times a day, sometimes 3 if I stay up way too late. How many people are able to stay awake for 20 hours each day?:confused:

igames4me
12-26-13, 02:42 PM
4 times a day?? Are you serious? That's 20 hours since each quest takes 5 hours. How is that supposed to work? I can barely make it 2 times a day, sometimes 3 if I stay up way too late. How many people are able to stay awake for 20 hours each day?:confused:
Lol I think they put an alarm.... Not gonna happen for me
I rAther pay 8 gold for the remaining I need and have my sleep

freshfunin2008
12-26-13, 02:45 PM
Lol I think they put an alarm.... Not gonna happen for me
I rAther pay 8 gold for the remaining I need and have my sleep

either that or the sleep in 4.5 hour increments. lol

midnightmeerkat
12-26-13, 03:08 PM
I Send one at 7am, midday, 5pm, 10pm. And get 7-8 hours sleep. Definitely no night alarms for me.

freshfunin2008
12-26-13, 04:53 PM
I will have Holly in storage shortly and the other one tomorrow if all goes well. Let's hope TL doesn't screw with the drops again like last time

kooky panda
12-26-13, 04:56 PM
I Send one at 7am, midday, 5pm, 10pm. And get 7-8 hours sleep. Definitely no night alarms for me.
This is my pattern too. Just got the Holly Dragon on the nest.

Kami365
12-26-13, 05:07 PM
Thanks in advance..

Sorry for late reply,I planted 20 hours food ( scalypears ) to get 4 candy from each farm,i.e, 24 candy every time.Good luck.

creolepraline
12-26-13, 05:17 PM
I'm 20 candies away from getting holly....in about seven hours once my scalypears are finished. This is the earliest id have ever gotten a dragon. I still need to do 8 more quests.

JustKay
12-26-13, 05:29 PM
Best summoning ever! Got Holly yesterday and I just ticked off the Gifts from hatching. Should finish in in a day or two. I'm a bit low on space (& I'm not in the new expansions beta :( ), so I think I'll only hatch Reindeer. Thank you TL. A great way to end the year!

midnightmeerkat
12-26-13, 06:17 PM
This is my pattern too. Just got the Holly Dragon on the nest.

I got holly this morning on one game and just now on the other :)

DragonMaster128z
12-26-13, 07:24 PM
11 more and I have Holly. :)

DarkAther
12-26-13, 10:55 PM
Got Holy this morning woooohooo!

Im now in my main account : 234/260 total
165/180 harvest
19/30 quest (this will BE tight)
50/50 breed

In 2nd account 223/260 total
155/180 harvest
18/30 quest (this will BE tight)
50/50 breed

Hope you all had a lovely christmas And TL thanks for the new games, and PLEASE increase our habitats, I have no room for new dragons my holly is in my storege :(

Congrats, Pribakes! I'm with you on the habitat increase. Please increase the habitats. I summoned holly this afternoon and he is sitting in my storage also. I don't have room for him or reindeer. I only need 3 ornaments from quests and 17 candy canes from harvesting and will be able to summon reindeer tomorrow if everything stays the way it is, but won't have room for these dragons in my habitat.

jim23cash
12-27-13, 12:47 AM
Congrats, Pribakes! I'm with you on the habitat increase. Please increase the habitats. I summoned holly this afternoon and he is sitting in my storage also. I don't have room for him or reindeer. I only need 3 ornaments from quests and 17 candy canes from harvesting and will be able to summon reindeer tomorrow if everything stays the way it is, but won't have room for these dragons in my habitat.

I got Holly today, but it will be in storage until we get a habitat increase. I should get Reindeer tomorrow, but it also will stay in storage. I also have 75 masks towards crafting the Immortal, again, no room.
Thank you TL for making this summoning a better experience. Please give us a few more habitats for all these new dragons!!

jim23cash
12-27-13, 12:51 AM
Btw, the drop rate for scaleypears and diamond dates is the same, so plant scaleypears if you can't check as often.
Diamonddates give 1 per 5 hours.
Scaleypears give 4 per 20 hours, which is same as 1 per 5 hour.
Good Luck Everyone!

sabrinainde
12-27-13, 01:20 AM
Holly is on my nest. I'm very happy with this summoning; it is the first one that hasn't been stressful and irritating. Yes you have to work at it, but it's attainable. :)

belbar22
12-27-13, 01:49 AM
Holly is on my nest. I'm very happy with this summoning; it is the first one that hasn't been stressful and irritating. Yes you have to work at it, but it's attainable. :)

Just hatched my Holly. Totally agree, this has been the least stressful summoning yet and we have been able to plant diamond dates which means our food supplies don't suffer.

chewytwix
12-27-13, 05:03 AM
Done with everything except quests. Just five more, but I might just speed up. Last time, the game was malfunctioning during the end of the timer so I don't want to risk that again.

buttabdullah99
12-27-13, 05:13 AM
I am only 7 away from reindeer now I have
180/180 completed
23/30 quest
50/50 completed.
Total 253/260 ;)
;);););)

Kami365
12-27-13, 05:28 AM
I just Got Holly dragon,hatch time 8 hours,need another 4 Quest to get Reindeer dragon,.:)

Harvest Food 180/180

Quest 26/30

Hatch Dragons 50/50

Time Remaining Days 02 Hours 19 Mins 38.

Amicello
12-27-13, 05:45 AM
Hi guys !

Today I ran into an error and my dragon summoning seems to have crashed.

Although I had to stay in hospital for the christmas days I was right on track to finish the dragon summoning quest in time.
As I collected the final part required for the Holly Dragon today, the game got stuck for a while and the screen dimmed to half-bright.
After a few seconds the screen "you summoned Holly dragon" appeared twice.

I clicked "View in storage" and to my suprise I got BOTH dragons (holly and reindeer) in my storage!

Happy at first sight, I noticed then that most of my gold was gone.
The gold amount dropped from approx. 305 down to 133.
The summoning Icon has disappeared also.

I already notified teamlava support to see if there is a way to get the gold back.
Did any of you experience any similar situations?

cquinn32
12-27-13, 06:12 AM
Hi guys !

Although I had to stay in hospital for the christmas days I was right on track to finish the dragon summoning quest in time.
As I collected the final part required for the Holly Dragon today, the game got stuck for a while and the screen dimmed to half-bright.

I clicked "View in storage" and to my suprise I got BOTH dragons (holly and reindeer) in my storage!

I already notified teamlava support to see if there is a way to get the gold back.

Same exact thing happened to me.

buttabdullah99
12-27-13, 06:51 AM
I just Got Holly dragon,hatch time 8 hours,need another 4 Quest to get Reindeer dragon,.:)

Harvest Food 180/180

Quest 26/30

Hatch Dragons 50/50
Time Remaining Days 02 Hours 19 Mins 38.
Kami it seems u sped up with gold :p

Kami365
12-27-13, 07:20 AM
Kami it seems u sped up with gold :p

No I never used Gold in Dragon Summoning :)

finnth12
12-27-13, 07:47 AM
Yeah, only 2 more quests to go, I'll get the reindeer tonight.

http://i1342.photobucket.com/albums/o763/finnth12/35f6456cb6f9e2f365cd2e359e61e790_zps49b26253.jpg

jim23cash
12-27-13, 07:49 AM
I was down to only needing 3 candy canes to get the Reindeer, so I decided to go ahead and pay the 18 gold and be done with it. When I selected buy, it froze my game and darkened the screen. After waiting a couple of minutes, I took a picture of darkened screen, then force closed my game.
When I opened it, I got the pop up screen for summoning the Reindeer Dragon, and both It and Holly Dragon are in storage.(No habitats for our Christmas babies). Anyway, I got both Dragons and didn't lose any extra gold, just wanted to report that it was glitchy, if someone from TL wants to take a look at it.
Thanks again for making this a better experience. It was fun this time. Now if you could just ease up on those tournament opponents!!:o

kolbycyclone
12-27-13, 08:11 AM
233/260
It's hard with the quests with the 8 hours of sleep we use you know TL...

MakJulos
12-27-13, 08:59 AM
233/260
It's hard with the quests with the 8 hours of sleep we use you know TL...

I doubt we're meant to do the summonings or tournaments without using gold - ofc it's still doable if you can babysit game 24/7...well this summoning has not bugged out for me so i've been quite ok, but if i had not been off from work it would have been impossible ofc, much like the tournaments usually are.

It is a pity that there are no events in DS for casual players that aren't much for gold farming/buying - there would be room for this alongside the summonings/tournaments intended for "hardcore caretakers". Oh well, no profit in that ofc....

But despite the obvious goldtrapping i must say again, that this summoning has worked really nice so far - information explaing that crops that take longer gives more rewards would've been nice for newer players ofc, but that might cut down the gold sales in last days of the event so i guess we can't expect that. Anyway, nice job TL on the mechanics of this summoning - some has had glitches apparently, but judging by forum reactions this one works 100000% better than last one! Hmm maybe i'm cheering too early, who knows if bugs will trick me from getting Reindeer just like i lost Steampunk....ah well looking good so far!

freshfunin2008
12-27-13, 09:09 AM
I got holly this morning on one game and just now on the other :)

Holly doesn't make much money so it is just taking up space. Let's get the habitat limit increased some. Thanks!!!!!

freshfunin2008
12-27-13, 09:12 AM
Hi guys !

I have had no problems with this summoning so far. TL will never and I mean never give gold back. You fell into a gold trap unfortunately.

freshfunin2008
12-27-13, 09:43 AM
I have had no problems with this summoning so far. TL will never and I mean never give gold back. You fell into a gold trap unfortunately.

I did want to mention that I was using the Halloween version up to a day or two ago. It was always "processing" more so than normal so I went ahead and upgraded to the new 1.8 version in the middle of the summoning and that did not seem to affect my summoning. Also, the frequency of processing has gone away as well.

cquinn32
12-27-13, 09:49 AM
Yes I know TL will never give you gold back but now after I accidentally spent 200 gold on two dragons I didn't even want they could at least raise the habitat limit so I have somewhere to put them.

dalexxx
12-27-13, 09:59 AM
I am at 198/260

Question. If i were able to complete the requirements and my nests are full. Where does the dragies go? Will i still be able to summon if the timers all done that time?

chaselance
12-27-13, 09:59 AM
Yes there is definitely a glitch last night I need 232 gold to complete quests with 149/180 food and 21/30 quest than before bed downloaded update with mining feature and still numbers were fine I woke up and played and completed 1 quest so got 1 ornament and harvested 6 farms and got 6 candy canes but when I went to check to see how much gold I needed to complete nothing had changed it didn't register any of the candy canes or ornament I got this morning. So now I'm waiting to see if it happens again in another 2 hours when I collect from my farms and quest. I was wondering if this happened to anybody else once they downloaded the new update?

Amicello
12-27-13, 10:27 AM

How can a simple click on "VIEW IN STORAGE" be a gold trap ??

On the one hand I'm glad that I'm not the only one who experienced that. cquinn3 has reported the same problem.
I'm quite sure there is nothing we did do wrong.
What is there to do when next dragon summoning comes around? Force close the app and restart?
I'm not feeling very happy if ingame gold simply disappears because of bugs.

freshfunin2008
12-27-13, 10:40 AM
I am at 198/260

Question. If i were able to complete the requirements and my nests are full. Where does the dragies go? Will i still be able to summon if the timers all done that time?

My summoned dragons always go to storage first. You should be ok. Look for them there.

igames4me
12-27-13, 10:40 AM
I am at 198/260

it will go to your storage

freshfunin2008
12-27-13, 10:45 AM
How can a simple click on "VIEW IN STORAGE" be a gold trap ??

On the one hand I'm glad that I'm not the only one who experienced that. cquinn3 has reported the same problem.
I'm quite sure there is nothing we did do wrong.
What is there to do when next dragon summoning comes around? Force close the app and restart?
I'm not feeling very happy if ingame gold simply disappears because of bugs.

it very well may be a bug / glitch but Storm 8 and TL will not admit it and they will simply say in 3 to 5 days when they respond that the game is running as expected and you must have done something wrong. Been there and done that. They have the worst customer support ever and I mean ever.

igames4me
12-27-13, 10:49 AM
yes got holly on both accts in my house

(didn't experience any glitch)

DarkAther
12-27-13, 12:37 PM
5more candy canes and 1 more ornament needed and then I'm done with summoning event. Very happy! Thanks TL!
I've had no problems with this event so far! :)

midnightmeerkat
12-27-13, 12:53 PM
Duplicate

midnightmeerkat
12-27-13, 12:56 PM
Holly doesn't make much money so it is just taking up space. Let's get the habitat limit increased some. Thanks!!!!!

I'm going for dragons .... Got coins by the bucket loads. 78 mil and 139 mil. But yes, a habitat increase would be super!!

jaesha
12-27-13, 01:07 PM
I did want to mention that I was using the Halloween version up to a day or two ago. It was always "processing" more so than normal so I went ahead and upgraded to the new 1.8 version in the middle of the summoning and that did not seem to affect my summoning. Also, the frequency of processing has gone away as well.

I second that. The dreaded processing has decreased and it seems to be running in the background better with fewer restarts after doing both internet and non internet tasks.

Should finish this summoning today or tomorrow. Thanks TL. Very grateful that this summoning went smoothly and seemed to have fair and consistent requirements as well as improved drop rates.

240/260 total
161/180
29/30
50/50

Holly is in storage; no room for her right now. We desperately need a habitat increase. I'm 60/60 maxed. Would be satisfied with an upgradable diamond habitat to 3, available with coin of course. :)

DragonMaster128z
12-27-13, 01:30 PM
248/ 260
177/180 Food
21/30 Quest
50/50 Hatch.

I think the quest is going to be what ****s me.
Holly is in Storage.

midnightmeerkat
12-27-13, 01:51 PM
248/ 260
177/180 Food
21/30 Quest
50/50 Hatch.

I think the quest is going to be what ****s me.
Holly is in Storage.
it's only 6 gold each to buy extras when using the buy all

DarkAther
12-27-13, 03:37 PM
Just summoned reindeer. I did get the black screen at the end, but I restarted the game and reindeer came up in my storage. It was a well-run summoning event this time. Great job, TL and thank you! :)

DragonMaster128z
12-27-13, 03:38 PM
it's only 6 gold each to buy extras when using the buy all

Theres a Problem with that. The 6 gold XD

freshfunin2008
12-27-13, 04:29 PM
Reindeer is on the nest. I believe this is the first summonings where TL did [] Well at least for me. I know others are having issues and I feel for you. Good luck you all.

awsumum
12-27-13, 04:49 PM
Just summoned reindeer. I did get the black screen at the end, but I restarted the game and reindeer came up in my storage. It was a well-run summoning event this time. Great job, TL and thank you! :)

I got the black screen too and I think my heart stopped! I know my face went funny and I may have made a noise cos everyone in my lounge room turned and looked at me! It turned out ok tho, I went and played a different game and when I came back it was in my storage :)

Thankyou TL, and good luck to everyone :)

DarkAther
12-27-13, 05:11 PM
Congrats freshfunin and awsumum!

DragonMaster128z
12-27-13, 05:27 PM
I just collected the rest of my Candy Canes.
9 Quests to go! :D

awsumum
12-27-13, 10:31 PM
Congrats freshfunin and awsumum!

Congrats to you to, hun!

midnightmeerkat
12-27-13, 11:02 PM
Congrats awsumum, darkaether, freshfunin, and all who have completed the summoning. I have reindeer on one of my games and just need to do 2 more quests on the other. Good luck to all still trying.

sfallday
12-27-13, 11:33 PM
I will have my reindeer in 2 hours woot woot!

doop01
12-27-13, 11:53 PM
I got the black screen too and I think my heart stopped! I know my face went funny and I may have made a noise cos everyone in my lounge room turned and looked at me! It turned out ok tho, I went and played a different game and when I came back it was in my storage :)

Thankyou TL, and good luck to everyone :)
I got mine just a little while ago and the same thing with the screen. I hadn't seen that it was happening and so I freaked a bit too lol
Congrats on finishing to all who have gotten to the end so far. And best of luck to those still questing etc :)
This is by far the best summoning, with the drops coming at a good rate. The only thing that would have stopped me getting to the end was a lack of play time and the inability to collect often enough from the quests. I was a bit worried about the short quest times due to it being a busy time of year with work and not being able to quest as often as I normally would have.

doop01
12-27-13, 11:54 PM
I just collected the rest of my Candy Canes.
9 Quests to go! :D
Woohoo! Almost there! :D

cityfan
12-28-13, 12:28 AM
Me too, almost there. Thanks, TL, you did an awesome job with the summoning this time around. It was FUN to play!

buttabdullah99
12-28-13, 02:58 AM
I still want 5 quest to go :(

cdbabe
12-28-13, 03:21 AM
congrats to everyone who finished..

1 more quest for me and 2 more hatch to go....

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE

dalexxx
12-28-13, 04:41 AM
233/260

i now have holly yay, i started like 6-7 days left ::3

159/180
24/30
50/50

Kami365
12-28-13, 05:18 AM
Finally I got Reindeer today,Two days earlier got Holly dragon,.Thank you TL,such a wonderful gifts on New Year 2014.

Harvest Food 180/180

Quest 30/30

Hatch Dragons 50/50

Happy & Prosperous New Year 2014 to everyone and TeamLava.

DragonMaster128z
12-28-13, 06:15 AM
6 Quests to go for reindeer! Might speed a little.

DarkAther
12-28-13, 10:09 AM
congrats to everyone who finished..

1 more quest for me and 2 more hatch to go....

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE

Congrats, cdbabe!

DarkAther
12-28-13, 10:10 AM
Finally I got Reindeer today,Two days earlier got Holly dragon,.Thank you TL,such a wonderful gifts on New Year 2014.

Harvest Food 180/180

Quest 30/30

Hatch Dragons 50/50

Happy & Prosperous New Year 2014 to everyone and TeamLava.

Congrats, kami! Happy New Year to you too! :)

DarkAther
12-28-13, 10:13 AM
Congrats midnightmeerkat and everyone else who finished the summoning yesterday! Happy New Year to all of you!

Kami365
12-28-13, 10:46 AM
Congrats midnightmeerkat and everyone else who finished the summoning yesterday! Happy New Year to all of you!

Thank you DarkAther,same to you too! Happy New Year:)

Kami365
12-28-13, 10:47 AM
Congrats, kami! Happy New Year to you too! :)

Thank you DarkAther,Happy New Year to you too.:)

DragonMaster128z
12-28-13, 11:45 AM
3 Quests!!! Buy all 18 :)

midnightmeerkat
12-28-13, 12:23 PM
TL ... Thanks so much for the summonings... I love them and it is also great to come onto the forum and have a happy atmosphere because it is working well!!

midnightmeerkat
12-28-13, 12:27 PM
3 Quests!!! Buy all 18 :)

Yahoo!!

Depending on how much you speed it might be better value to buy the last 1 or 2 decorations outright

jus7_me89
12-28-13, 01:26 PM
I got the reindeer few moments ago. As many of you know me, i am one of those guys who complains a lot about TL and about how they treat their players. Well..i must say they did a great job with this summoning ! The app worked very good during the contest, without crashes or other errors. Also, it was a good summoning because we all had a REAL chance to get the dragons. It was something like this: if you are a daily player and and spend some time completing the quests, then you will get them ! Best summoning ever ! Thank you, TL ! The breeding is still awful, and we can barely can get some new dragons ( except some players who get all of them very easy...i do not know how but whatever ) , but we can all enjoy these 2 seasonal dragons ! We can say : Hey, at least i got something new on this Christmas !

elizabetheva
12-28-13, 04:02 PM
I've been playing daily to summon the holiday dragons for my kids, and before I started I calculated it all out to make sure it was realistic and everything seemed right on track except for candy canes. I'm over goal on gifts and ornaments, but I only have 96 food. Any suggestions on salvaging this to get at least one of those guys? I'm only halfway there with little time left!

Also, I noticed in this thread a couple people mentioned getting more than one candy cane per harvest, I've never harvested more than one, regardless of the crop. Is this normal?

Lastly, slightly off topic, but on a side note, I've been trying breed the seasonal dragons: gingerbread, new year, tinsel, or santa, but no luck at all, even after breeding loads of Halloween dragons at least 6 Cornucopia dragons during Thanksgiving. I guess I'm assuming the breed rate if seasonal dragons is higher during that particular holiday, and maybe that isn't true. Also no luck on any of the limited time dragons, despite even using the boosted breed, although I remain skeptical of whether or not it really helps. I'm generally a pretty patient player (still waiting on my diamond) but this is by far my poorest streak since started the game, on both of my devices. Is this really just bad luck or am I missing something?

pinkprincess1313
12-28-13, 05:06 PM
Finally it's over, I got them both and i am set good on food as I'm sure everyone else is too...lol hope everyone trying gets them..

Amber498
12-28-13, 05:38 PM
Congrats to everyone that has finished. :D it's nice to see the reindeer and holly dragon eggs around the islands. I've been slacking off and just finished Holly, so will use a little gold at the end for Reindeer. This is has been a great event, very balanced and very fun, and a very nice treat to receive two cool presents from TL. Looking forward to more summoning events in the future!

midnightmeerkat
12-28-13, 05:39 PM
I've been playing daily to summon the holiday dragons for my kids, and before I started I calculated it all out to make sure it was realistic and everything seemed right on track except for candy canes. I'm over goal on gifts and ornaments, but I only have 96 food. Any suggestions on salvaging this to get at least one of those guys? I'm only halfway there with little time left!

Also, I noticed in this thread a couple people mentioned getting more than one candy cane per harvest, I've never harvested more than one, regardless of the crop. Is this normal?

Lastly, slightly off topic, but on a side note, I've been trying breed the seasonal dragons: gingerbread, new year, tinsel, or santa, but no luck at all, even after breeding loads of Halloween dragons at least 6 Cornucopia dragons during Thanksgiving. I guess I'm assuming the breed rate if seasonal dragons is higher during that particular holiday, and maybe that isn't true. Also no luck on any of the limited time dragons, despite even using the boosted breed, although I remain skeptical of whether or not it really helps. I'm generally a pretty patient player (still waiting on my diamond) but this is by far my poorest streak since started the game, on both of my devices. Is this really just bad luck or am I missing something?

What crops were you planting? I wouldn't plant crops below 5 hours unless you are just filling in time... Drops rates are 5 hours 1 per farm, 8 hours 1-2 per farm, 20 hours 4 per farm.

fortunecookiemaster
12-28-13, 06:19 PM
I have both dragons but they will stay in storage forever, no room for them but at least this summoning was enjoyable.

dragonhoarders
12-29-13, 12:11 AM
A great event. Thank you TL. People experiencing success encourages goodwill and a want to put real $ into this game:)

dalexxx
12-29-13, 12:53 AM
wooo hoooooo im 2 quests away to completing both dragies. Cant believe i could make it on time although i started like with 6-7 days left yay!!! ::3

buttabdullah99
12-29-13, 05:44 AM
Only 1 quest to go :);)

Kami365
12-29-13, 06:37 AM
Only 1 quest to go :);)

GoodLuck buttabdullah.

DragonMaster128z
12-29-13, 08:10 AM
2.5 hours to go. Last Quest!

Edit: I sped :o I summoned Reindeer! Its on Nest and Holly is Still in storage!

I Like having Higher Drop Rates and Higher amounts! Thank you TL! :D

buttabdullah99
12-29-13, 10:40 AM
Yay!!! I just got my reindeer dragon ;););)

buttabdullah99
12-29-13, 10:41 AM
GoodLuck buttabdullah.
Thanx kami :)

dalexxx
12-29-13, 10:43 AM
Ahm i finished everything and my screen goes gray.... Whats up with that? ::/

igames4me
12-29-13, 10:50 AM
Yes got them and paid 18 gold on both acct since I didn't want to risk them being removed early

dalexxx
12-29-13, 10:56 AM
Been stucked for 20 mins... Grayed out... Anyone experienced this?

viechris
12-29-13, 11:12 AM
Stuck with candy cane, planted a lot off food, but zero reward :mad:

dalexxx
12-29-13, 11:13 AM
Whew restarted ds and summoned both to my storage. ::3

buttabdullah99
12-29-13, 11:13 AM
Ahm i finished everything and my screen goes gray.... Whats up with that? ::/
Same thing happened to me and the others just for rly close ur game and open it.It will be in ur storage :)

buttabdullah99
12-29-13, 11:14 AM
Same thing happened to me and the others just for rly close ur game and open it.It will be in ur storage :)
Just close ur game :?

dalexxx
12-29-13, 11:20 AM
Just close ur game :?

Thank you. Been stucked for almost half an hour. Was afraid of closing but still did. Then poof in the storage. ::3

midnightmeerkat
12-29-13, 12:52 PM
Whew restarted ds and summoned both to my storage. ::3

Yep, that happened to me too..... Needed to force close and restart

Lucifer_II
12-29-13, 02:03 PM
Will almost have enough to finsh if we have all the hours. But am afraid. It will end to soon. When should I spend gold to finsh?

asyran2012
12-29-13, 06:05 PM
I skipped the Ornaments 4 times xD
Now I need another Ornament (Middle) and 4 Candy Canes (Top)

judyluvs
12-29-13, 06:31 PM
Team lava made money off gift cards from the holidays, that's for sure. Thank you for the gold offers for trying other games though; all the game trials just about made enough for me to pick up a second nest for hatching dragons. Just too bad that I got caught by two gem traps and was 5 gold short of the goal to get the second dragon. I hate myself for spending more money but I had to complete it - it was so close!

creolepraline
12-29-13, 06:34 PM
I won't finish this on one island. I'm short about 6 ornaments with no gold to skip. I wish I'd paid more attention to it. I got my reindeer a few hours ago on another account. All in all this one was much better than the rest.

matchbox222
12-29-13, 08:23 PM
I guess I'll have to give up I can't finish in 4 hours:(

ufooo
12-29-13, 08:41 PM
Does anyone know whether the summoning will end 3hours earlier ?

midnightmeerkat
12-29-13, 09:09 PM

Your guess is as good as any.... It has been ending earlier so if I was down to the last few hours and the last few items I would use buy all or speed up which ever was cheaper

JustKay
12-29-13, 09:14 PM
I wonder if this might be the last summoning event. I was reading the thread on the new mining\expansion system and it seems like all the buildings will be dropping bombs, etc instead. Will they still be able to run summoning events along side normal mining activity? Worse yet, will new bugs emerge when they try to do a summoning alongside normal mining...

DragonMaster128z
12-29-13, 09:17 PM
I wonder if this might be the last summoning event. I was reading the thread on the new mining\expansion system and it seems like all the buildings will be dropping bombs, etc instead. Will they still be able to run summoning events along side normal mining activity? Worse yet, will new bugs emerge when they try to do a summoning alongside normal mining...
Yes, they had the people with the mining do the summoning this time and it was ok. I'm sure there will be more bugs emerge..

igames4me
12-29-13, 09:21 PM

On other acct I had both running at same time and no problems or glitches.
Oh and bombs only fall from after you finish evolving a dragon

It will be hard for those who are max habitats and have all epics

JustKay
12-29-13, 11:53 PM
On other acct I had both running at same time and no problems or glitches.
Oh and bombs only fall from after you finish evolving a dragon

It will be hard for those who are max habitats and have all epics

Yes, they had the people with the mining do the summoning this time and it was ok. I'm sure there will be more bugs emerge..

Thanks for the info! Good to hear they timed their testing well to coincide with the summoning :)

Getting bombs from evolutions would be tough on people like me who don't have to evolve to get to lvl4. Should be interesting to see how they intend to resolve this imbalance.

doop01
12-30-13, 12:44 AM
Thanks for the info! Good to hear they timed their testing well to coincide with the summoning :)

Getting bombs from evolutions would be tough on people like me who don't have to evolve to get to lvl4. Should be interesting to see how they intend to resolve this imbalance.
I have the beta test and all went smoothly for me too. Dynamite to expand drops from the den when you put an egg into the nest and the bombs for the dragon pieces from the evolution chamber. So just about everything I touched was dropping something or other while the summoning was on lol

But I don't know what they could do about the evolving thing unless they change it so that everyone evolves to lvl 4. If that doesn't happen then people who don't have to do that will miss out on items for the mine.

WinnyWoos
12-30-13, 01:29 AM

Considering mine did end EARLY once again, how come it was going to end earlier than normal? I have already emailed support because I am FURIOUS. I had EVERYTHING expect 1 ornament in which I went into the game to purchase and gather my last candy canes and as soon as I got my 180th candy cane POOF summoning completely disappeared leaving me no option to go pay the gold for the last item. When I opened the game it stated the amount of time but as soon as I got my last items, it was gone. And yes there was still time left. I am SO fed up with these events not going as they are advertised! So now all the gathering and time invested was just a HUGE WASTE of my time. I REALLY WISH TL WOULD STOP THESE EVENTS IF THEY CANNOT GET THEM TO RUN CORRECTLY and stop wasting our time and continuing to p**s people off. Sorry for venting, it's just so aggravating when you actually take the time to complete these events and somehow still come up empty handed. I have not bred any of the new Christmas dragons which is fine, I know that's how this game works but seriously, to end this early and take away my chance at getting the only ones I could without having to breed them just infuriates me. I hate that my love for this game is rapidly disappearing because of [] like this.

tromalyt
12-30-13, 03:53 AM
I got the Holly but I skipped the reindeer. I finished the food and ornament quest 2 days early but 50 dragon hatching points was a bit unrealistic, in my opinion. I only had 30 hatching points even though I finished the other 2 tasks 2 days earlier.

I could have spent 100+ gold and get it, but It did not seem interesting enough for me to spend gold on it. I would rather spend gold to finish tournaments. Champion dragons are more use useful when playing tournaments.

MakJulos
12-30-13, 04:21 AM
Except for minor glitch with blacked out screen in the end i got through this summoning without any problems at all, with good margin too. Ofc this is because i grew Scaleypears which was very efficient - one could only dream about TL being helpful to new players and inform about such things before events.... I got a bunch of the hatching done from buying Light dragon eggs to hatch, and was lucky enough to not get too many long duration eggs from breeding - without having more than one nest it would have been a lot trickier, i guess many players with single nest struggled - sadly the setup of these summonings totally stinks for so many players... And ofc i could not have made it as smoothly if holidays hadn't made it possible to babysit game, the DS events really aren't meant for ppl that have a life lol. But overall, in the way it is set up, it was a well functioning event imo, great improvement from Steampunk bug fest!

jim23cash
12-30-13, 04:59 AM
Considering mine did end EARLY once again, how come it was going to end earlier than normal? I have already emailed support because I am FURIOUS. I had EVERYTHING expect 1 ornament in which I went into the game to purchase and gather my last candy canes and as soon as I got my 180th candy cane POOF summoning completely disappeared leaving me no option to go pay the gold for the last item. When I opened the game it stated the amount of time but as soon as I got my last items, it was gone. And yes there was still time left. I am SO fed up with these events not going as they are advertised! So now all the gathering and time invested was just a HUGE WASTE of my time. I REALLY WISH TL WOULD STOP THESE EVENTS IF THEY CANNOT GET THEM TO RUN CORRECTLY and stop wasting our time and continuing to p**s people off. Sorry for venting, it's just so aggravating when you actually take the time to complete these events and somehow still come up empty handed. I have not bred any of the new Christmas dragons which is fine, I know that's how this game works but seriously, to end this early and take away my chance at getting the only ones I could without having to breed them just infuriates me. I hate that my love for this game is rapidly disappearing because of [] like this.

Did you check in your storage? I had a little problem at the end, as did several others, but our dragons did show up in storage. If not, are your items still in storage? If so, take a screen shot of them and try force closing the game and reopening. I hope you get your dragons! Good luck!

WinnyWoos
12-30-13, 11:24 AM
Did you check in your storage? I had a little problem at the end, as did several others, but our dragons did show up in storage. If not, are your items still in storage? If so, take a screen shot of them and try force closing the game and reopening. I hope you get your dragons! Good luck!

Thank you. I did check my storage and no Reindeer. Thankfully I took snap shots as soon as I realized it had disappeared because when I closed my game and went back in my items in storage were already gone. If I had not gotten the screen shots of all my items, everyone in the world would have probably heard my scream! Lol. So far I got an auto reply from Support saying they have little access due to holidays and won't be back till the 3rd of Jan. I will have my fingers crossed but I have a feeling it won't do much good but a girl can always hope.

rsusko
12-30-13, 12:14 PM
I had a somewhat similar problem in that all I had left was to gather one ornament yesterday and I was done...instead as soon as the summoning banner popped up it randomly awarded me the last ornament (and I think charged me gold) and put reindeer in my storage. Was kind of funny when I went to collect my quest and it just awarded me nothing. I'm glad this didn't happen earlier because I actually have some gold from all the sales and game downloads lately so I could have lost a lot from this glitch...

Kennedward
12-30-13, 01:37 PM
I managed to get Holly but not Reindeer

MakJulos
12-30-13, 01:50 PM
I managed to get Holly but not Reindeer

At least you didn't miss out on some fancy Champ dragon...myself i think the summonings demand a tad too much time and dedication to be fun for everyone. Well, i hope it goes better next time!

Sumercarefree
12-30-13, 01:50 PM
This time it was smooth except had to wake up at ungodly hours.
Thnx TL.

Kennedward
12-30-13, 02:03 PM
At least you didn't miss out on some fancy Champ dragon...myself i think the summonings demand a tad too much time and dedication to be fun for everyone. Well, i hope it goes better next time!

Well, I couldn't get Reindeer because I couldn't finish all 30 quests within the 9 days, and I also didn't get to hatch enough dragons, with 2 Titan and a Quetzal that took up most of my time just breeding and then waiting to hatch.

asyran2012
12-30-13, 04:26 PM
I did managed to get Holly and Reindeer! Placed Holly in a Red Habitat and Reindeer no where to place :p
I had to sell an Epic Fire to actually place him :/

Note to self : Keep expanding! lol

shield14
12-08-14, 06:20 AM
This year TL made it breedable but for 3 days only,
One must be either blessed by TL or really lucky to get one with 12 hours Dino and 21 hours Snowman fails,
1 day left and no Holly still :(

shield14
12-09-14, 12:34 AM
After wasting 200 gold on speeding and getting Life, Landworm and Wild I decided to let it go.