PDA

View Full Version : Revenge should return your crowns

Chianti
12-19-13, 12:51 PM
I want you to think about this, logically.

If I was attacked, and I lost 20 crowns for instance, I want those crowns back. I want the resources they plundered back.

Revenge is hard enough to achieve; to be honest, most people don't even bother. The odds of you actually catching someone with revenge are maybe slightly better than the odds of you winning the mega millions lottery. Accordingly, I don't think it's too much to ask that if you do successfully "revenge" someone, you get your crowns and resources back.

I was able to revenge someone the other day, and all it took was spamming the revenge button and catching them when they walked away from their phone, but they ended up awarding me zero crowns after having taken 20. Makes absolutely no sense to me whatsoever. Did my crowns just up and disappear? Are they being hidden in a secret vault? If you revenge someone, you should get your crowns back, end of story.

If you attack the player normally in the course of the game, they may offer zero crowns due to level discrepancy, I understand that. However, if you are actually able to revenge the person, you should get back all that you lost.

ccc5469
12-19-13, 05:47 PM

If I was attacked, and I lost 20 crowns for instance, I want those crowns back. I want the resources they plundered back.

Revenge is hard enough to achieve; to be honest, most people don't even bother. The odds of you actually catching someone with revenge are maybe slightly better than the odds of you winning the mega millions lottery. Accordingly, I don't think it's too much to ask that if you do successfully "revenge" someone, you get your crowns and resources back.

I was able to revenge someone the other day, and all it took was spamming the revenge button and catching them when they walked away from their phone, but they ended up awarding me zero crowns after having taken 20. Makes absolutely no sense to me whatsoever. Did my crowns just up and disappear? Are they being hidden in a secret vault? If you revenge someone, you should get your crowns back, end of story.

If you attack the player normally in the course of the game, they may offer zero crowns due to level discrepancy, I understand that. However, if you are actually able to revenge the person, you should get back all that you lost.

Totally agree! I was able to revenge someone who had won 28 crowns when they attacked me and was offered zero when I was able to revenge them. They were the same level and around the same crown count as I was so it makes absolutely no sense to have them offer 0 crowns in return..

Btw, nice win the other day Mossad..will be revenging that as well. ☺

jahil
12-19-13, 06:57 PM

Well, that is not possible... It is very hard to revenge someone, i agree, but when you do, the same mechanics for matchmaking is in effect... If you were attacked by a lower crowned player and loses, you will lose substantial number of crowns, but when you revenge a much lower crowned player, thus as the matchmaking applies, you get less crowns... Easy!

With regards to loots, if you lost 500k to a player and that player spend the loot he got, then you revenge, you don't expect The game to give you back the resource that is now unavailable from the player.... Correct?

Figure it out now... Is revenge necessary? Well maybe for someone else's ego...

Chianti
12-19-13, 10:24 PM
Totally agree! I was able to revenge someone who had won 28 crowns when they attacked me and was offered zero when I was able to revenge them. They were the same level and around the same crown count as I was so it makes absolutely no sense to have them offer 0 crowns in return..

Btw, nice win the other day Mossad..will be revenging that as well. ☺

haha Look forward to it, my friend :) I don't understand why people get so angry when they are attacked and lose. This is a game! I have plenty of people I'm friends with in game, and we still attack each other - thats what the game is about!

Cheers :)

Chianti
12-19-13, 10:29 PM
Well, that is not possible... It is very hard to revenge someone, i agree, but when you do, the same mechanics for matchmaking is in effect... If you were attacked by a lower crowned player and loses, you will lose substantial number of crowns, but when you revenge a much lower crowned player, thus as the matchmaking applies, you get less crowns... Easy!

With regards to loots, if you lost 500k to a player and that player spend the loot he got, then you revenge, you don't expect The game to give you back the resource that is now unavailable from the player.... Correct?

Figure it out now... Is revenge necessary? Well maybe for someone else's ego...

I have to respectfully disagree. Clearly if they spent the money they looted from you, then you cannot regain it all back. However, you should be able to regain as much of it back as possible - even if it brings the player down to zero.

Like we both agree, it's virtually impossible to actually "revenge" someone, so if you ARE able to, then special circumstances should apply. With regard to the return of crowns, that's simple. I'm a developer so I can tell you exactly what needs to be done to code this. If you lost to a player that would normally give you 0 crowns in a typical battle, when setting up the revenge battle the code can simply set the crown win variable to the amount of crowns you lost. No effort required at all on the developers part... just another "If" statement.

Sumercarefree
12-19-13, 11:33 PM
Yes most of us do not want to revenge because we do not want to waste resources on something that may not yield any results. When crowns drop the income goes up some say . I am happy with crowns at a certain practical level which my forces can handle.
I gave away some crowns to some players. Next day they dropped it back to me ! ha ha :)

kittensabc
12-20-13, 09:57 AM
I agree that at least 50% of the crowns should be returned, but I don't think that the loot needs to be.

Takiofallen
12-22-13, 01:18 PM
I cant agree with any of this. This is a a response from someone who has lost an attack. I am an equal opportunist revenger (lol) wether you beat me or not i will revenge. So what about those who attacked me and lost? Because i didn't lose crowns or loot i should be rewarded nothing for my revenge? Just time your revenge better (yeah i know this is not easy by any means ) wait until it will hurt them or you can get back what you lost. We should be able to clear our logs manually so we can hold on to those we love and show it when we see fit. Not have to wait and one day find they have been pushed off of the log.

Chianti
12-22-13, 01:40 PM
I cant agree with any of this. This is a a response from someone who has lost an attack. I am an equal opportunist revenger (lol) wether you beat me or not i will revenge. So what about those who attacked me and lost? Because i didn't lose crowns or loot i should be rewarded nothing for my revenge? Just time your revenge better (yeah i know this is not easy by any means ) wait until it will hurt them or you can get back what you lost. We should be able to clear our logs manually so we can hold on to those we love and show it when we see fit. Not have to wait and one day find they have been pushed off of the log.

Have you not read any of my posts here? Losing battles is part of the game. I simply make suggestions to try and improve on a system that is becoming monotonous and dull. The revenge system is currently absolutely useless. There is no point to it whatsoever. I defy to you to come up with a reason behind it. Is it any different than attacking the person while searching for targets? No. Do you gain extra resources by using it? No. Are your crowns returned to you? No.

It has absolutely no intrinsic value whatsoever. At least my proposal would give it some meaning... make people want to revenge more often if possible. You know very well what the odds are of getting a revenge in, why not sweeten the deal if you're actually able. If not all the crowns, 50% of the crowns sounds reasonable.

Chianti
12-23-13, 09:34 PM
Another option is to have your army strength (attack strength, defense strength) boosted by 20% or so on a revenge attack. Personally, I'd much prefer getting a percentage of my crowns back; they took them, I'm revenging them so it makes logical sense to retrieve them. However, as I stated above, revenge currently has no use whatsoever. It's just a button that lets you attack a specific person... if you are lucky enough to catch them offline and before they were attacked by someone else (3% odds at best?). Give it a purpose or just remove it.

Takiofallen
12-24-13, 06:25 PM
Yes i sure did read all of your post and i simply don't agree with you. While the revenge is not great and needs a bit of tweaking it is far from useless.

Reason behind it number one is as clear as day, revenge. Attack the person who attacked you. Now while your not happy with the reward for doing so i am at times. There has been times that i have received much more then was taken form me. Also hurt some people buy taking a large sum of crowns. There has also been times i have bitten off more then i can chew and got slaughtered. So while it is a pain to revenge some people get what they need from it. I guess at your high level you have no use for it but i'm sure if they allowed a revenge wether you were shielded or not would be a welcomed change.
Have you not read any of my posts here? Losing battles is part of the game. I simply make suggestions to try and improve on a system that is becoming monotonous and dull. The revenge system is currently absolutely useless. There is no point to it whatsoever. I defy to you to come up with a reason behind it. Is it any different than attacking the person while searching for targets? No. Do you gain extra resources by using it? No. Are your crowns returned to you? No.

It has absolutely no intrinsic value whatsoever. At least my proposal would give it some meaning... make people want to revenge more often if possible. You know very well what the odds are of getting a revenge in, why not sweeten the deal if you're actually able. If not all the crowns, 50% of the crowns sounds reasonable.

Chianti
12-25-13, 06:08 PM
Yes i sure did read all of your post and i simply don't agree with you. While the revenge is not great and needs a bit of tweaking it is far from useless.

Reason behind it number one is as clear as day, revenge. Attack the person who attacked you. Now while your not happy with the reward for doing so i am at times. There has been times that i have received much more then was taken form me. Also hurt some people buy taking a large sum of crowns. There has also been times i have bitten off more then i can chew and got slaughtered. So while it is a pain to revenge some people get what they need from it. I guess at your high level you have no use for it but i'm sure if they allowed a revenge wether you were shielded or not would be a welcomed change.

Okay, so you do agree that "Revenge" needs to change to some degree. You disagree that it should return crowns (I still believe it should), but you do believe that it should be something more than it currently is - which is nothing. I'll put a poll up after we get a few more responses, and I'll add "revenge through shield" as an option based on your feedback.

Adjie8
12-26-13, 05:29 AM
I think if this feature added, we won't be able to add some crowns because our enemies taken back their crowns. It's a silly feature that you wanna in this game.