PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story: 12/19/2013 Update -Reindeer Stable

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

NeNa3838
12-22-13, 12:33 AM
Visit a neighbor, touch a couple of hearts and return to your kingdom. The new goal should appear in your quest log.

If not, then do what cloudsail recommended and force close Castle Story and relaunch.

If it still doesn't appear, I got nothing, and recommend you post in the Castle Story Bugs section and/or email Castle Story support. (I have no idea what their email addy is)

Good luck!

Thank you eepopp, cloudsail, I will try what you guys suggested :)

ciarjen
12-22-13, 12:57 AM
These timed events clearly demonstrate that TL does not want you to interact with the game more than absolutely necessary. You must hoard any random drops (troll essence, furs), never spend your limited drops unless you have 99 (troll horns, magic fruit), never send an exchange unless you've stockpiled 99 of the item, never use your alicorns unless it's in support of a timed event, never send an adventure 24 hours before the potential weekly update, never collect from your any of your buildings for up to 24 hours prior to an update so you don't lose any time from their ridiculously short timelines.

I've played a few TL games and the point of the quests is to craft the items needed to complete it but for some reason with CS, you need the items before the quest starts to complete. I am not even sure that those devising the quest even play the game themselves. The Christmas tree quest was just had absolutely no logic to it at all for a game player.

I quit this quest yesterday morning when I was crafting simple glue, which then had to be made into super glue, then into builder's paste and then into architects paste. I have two potion shops which would have been used but then I realised that I couldn't also make the enchanters essence which was needed for the exchange. So I gave up as the quest was impossible for me.

I don't mind a challenge - I'm currently playing every hour in the dragon tournament and I don't mind spending real money either to finish off what is needed but there has to be a point to playing the game and if a task is only achievable through buying gems/gold, there seems no point to me to play.

Good luck to those who can do the quest.

anissada
12-22-13, 01:49 AM
is it just me, or has noone had the offer for installing farm story 2 christmass in our castle game ?
i got it in all the other TL games i play, but in the game i need the gems the most it is not requested !

wow! spoke too soon.. i force closed the game, started uo again, and yes.... it popped up

CLOVERKAITO
12-22-13, 02:24 AM
If you are going to blatantly announce that you are not a paying customer, what incentive does TL have to acknowledge your concerns? You do know they are also trying to make a living, trying to buy their own families Christmas presents too, right?

Losing too much gems to gem traps when I first started playing this game was the biggest reason why I have made a resolution to not pay for any gems. If they actually removed all those gem traps, I would be more willing to pay for gems as I won't have to worry about pointlessly losing gems to gem traps. But because I worry about losing money on double-clicking by accident, I refuse to spend my hard earned cash on this game.

While I won't be a paying customer, I can be an advertising customer, such as writing reviews on my blog, telling my friends about this game (and friends can be potential paying customer), and writing a 5 star review on iTunes/Google Play review page. Most companies should know that advertising is one of the most important PR and revenue source. Why else do you think big sellers like coke company still have to advertise for their drinks when they are already super well-known?

Back to this quest itself...

1st inn collection: 3 snow
1st exchange collection: 10 snow
2nd exchange collection: 10 snow
2nd inn collection: 3 snow

Only picked up 1 magic fruit today. Currently have 7.

Hopefully the exchange collection will pick up... 5 days left, it's not looking pretty... and I have to work the next few days...

eepopp
12-22-13, 02:45 AM
Just chopped 17 Classic Christmas trees and not a single magic fruit so I think TL needs to look at that again...I would say the average is regular logs and 1 energy...out of all those trees I got 1 white dye, 1 royal block, 1spicy feast, 1 simple feast, 1 hide, 2 super glue, 1coal, 2 creep tooth, 1 flour, 1 red petal, and 2 glimmer dust the rest was logs and energy all for $425,000 gold coin. Lucky for me I had lots of extra coin. Just bought 10 more trees will update when I chop them.

I bought 8 Classic Christmas trees for $200k, and I finally got a magic fruit on the 8th tree. In addition to wood and sap, i also got two trade tickets, Royal Beams, a sundae, and various glues. I'm going to buy another $200k in trees, and stop there.

vitriolicheart
12-22-13, 02:56 AM
What level are you? Mine doesn't have it but that is because my platform will not support the newest updates.....Must be level 22

I'm on an iPhone 3Gs currently and I don't have the latest updates from apple. However I have no such issues with this game. It updates fine for me.

CLOVERKAITO
12-22-13, 03:20 AM
I bought and chopped 4 of the 25000 coins tree so far, no magic fruit. The most special item I have got was 1 white dye (very interested in seeing what it'll be used for) and lemonade (because I don't have lemon tree)... everything else were a relatively common drop or items I can easily craft myself. The most worthless item I got was a piece of wood or an energy.

jannywanny86
12-22-13, 04:03 AM
ahhhhhhhh I bought it and cant even be bother to start building I never make these things on time, but now I cant get rid of it :(

minndom
12-22-13, 04:08 AM
I hate this quest as it's impossible to complete inthe timeframe if you didn't have the regular materials at hand from the beginning. I didn't have any architect's paste to start with. :( in other words I'm still in level 1. On the other hand I'm maxed on magic fruit as I have been lazy in doing magic fruit trade.

Btw, I have noticed clear decrease in glimmer dust drop rate fro red mushroom circles.

JayUK69
12-22-13, 04:12 AM
I have done the level 3 upgrade this morning, hopefully the lichen drop at a good rate too. I might just have it finished by Christmas eve.

ac302
12-22-13, 04:15 AM
I originally thought this goal was impossible, but after receiving 60 gems for downloading two Christmas-version TL games, I am sure I'll be able to finish it. I've only spent 28 gems for one builder's paste to get past the first upgrade and am waiting on my second architect's paste to get past the second upgrade.

JayUK69
12-22-13, 04:24 AM
I originally thought this goal was impossible, but after receiving 60 gems for downloading two Christmas-version TL games, I am sure I'll be able to finish it. I've only spent 28 gems for one builder's paste to get past the first upgrade and am waiting on my second architect's paste to get past the second upgrade.

I got those gems too so spent 20 on the final 10 snowflakes.

infinitelove19
12-22-13, 04:52 AM
So I'm havng trouble getting enough glimmerdust for these trades & want to knw what you think. Do the red mushroom circles drop more glimmerdust than the regular mushroom circles? I think so, but wanted to ask here. Bought one extra trove for forty gems, but don't want to invest too much on this one step!

DrP4ever
12-22-13, 05:05 AM
So I'm havng trouble getting enough glimmerdust for these trades & want to knw what you think. Do the red mushroom circles drop more glimmerdust than the regular mushroom circles? I think so, but wanted to ask here. Bought one extra trove for forty gems, but don't want to invest too much on this one step!

Yes, you want red mushroom circles. I think you can collect from them every 10 minutes.

faeriedust
12-22-13, 05:13 AM
I am not level 30, but I do think this quest is possible... for people who had the crops and some of multiple-step materials ready beforehand: Architect's and Builder's pastes and Enchanted Essence.
I actually may be able to squeeze by on the materials that I had before this quest started. All my spare energy has been spent on resource buildings, mushrooms, pigs, and ponds.
I need to do some serious restocking though.
Still low on the magic fruit but I will figure that out when I get there.

I'm more worried about what this means for future quests. This quest looks impossible but is just barely doable with some calculating. Especially with those free gems from TL games. Great for drawing in players and once I'm in, well those builder's pastes would be wasted if I didn't continue.

Can't say that this quest is possible without gems though. I've used them to make up for some missing materials and speed up the last 2 hours of an exchange. 12 hours is difficult to match every single time.

There's probably somethings I haven't thought of too.

Anyways, I'll just go back to trying not to overthink this quest.

Edit: Wait I forgot that the exchange drops are random. This whole post may be invalid. Sorry.

girufel
12-22-13, 05:20 AM

In Germany we don't get gems for downloading those games :-((

ambulldog615
12-22-13, 05:35 AM
These people complaining about these missions are so funny!
Seems they all got happy with the game when they get 60 free gems
Wow look at all the happy go lucky people now������

manu90ela
12-22-13, 05:39 AM

Are you sure? Because in Italy we do, so I cannot imagine why in Germany you shouldn't.
You get gems after a goal pops up, where the baron tells you to download and play a certain game.
After you play it and go back to castle story sometimes you have to visit a neighbour to make the progress register to the game. After that the baron tells you to collect from any coin building and when you do it you get the gem reward....

ac302
12-22-13, 05:45 AM
I don't see any happy-go-lucky replies from any complainers being happy about 60 gems.

jptheripper
12-22-13, 06:15 AM
I think they are all realizing that they were complaining about free things not being "free" enough.

Sandeuro
12-22-13, 06:21 AM

In Brussels we do

kooky panda
12-22-13, 06:28 AM
Please note that IOS players do not receive gems for downloading or playing other games.
There are other goals you will get in your game that do award gems.

girufel
12-22-13, 06:28 AM
Are you sure? Because in Italy we do, so I cannot imagine why in Germany you shouldn't.
You get gems after a goal pops up, where the baron tells you to download and play a certain game.
After you play it and go back to castle story sometimes you have to visit a neighbour to make the progress register to the game. After that the baron tells you to collect from any coin building and when you do it you get the gem reward....

Ah, grazie. Quindi lo devo anche girocare. Non basta solo il download.
Ma non me li fa vedere i Gems. C'e' scritto "Reward:........" niente.

girufel
12-22-13, 06:29 AM
Please note that IOS players do not receive gems for downloading or playing other games.

Ah. Now I understand. Thx.

anissada
12-22-13, 06:34 AM

that's odd, as the netherlands are europe as well and i have gotten 60 gems.
if you have never installed those basic games before you even get more when you reach certain levels, like 3, 6, 10, 13 and i believe one more.

anissada
12-22-13, 06:35 AM

this is certainly NOT true, i play on my iPad with IOS 7 and got both bubbles and farm story2 as goal for gems

bryncalyn
12-22-13, 06:39 AM
Quote Originally Posted by freesiawoods
Okay I am giving up on this one and possibly all future timed quests. I am on vacation and was happy enough to spend gems to complete the kingdom inn, but this quest is just too ridiculous. It requires too many materials that are difficult to get. I don't like the way this game is going. Sure these quests are optional but who likes to know there is something you could have but can't because of whatever reason. Worse still, many players start the quests and use precious resources on them before they realise they can't make it and are left with an unfinished building. 50 snowflakes and then lichen and reindeer in 6 days? No fun at all

Totally agree. I have just stored mine. I am on holiday and have no intention of playing continuously to build up the relevant resources required. Very disappointed I wasted any time on it. I am a level 30 player and have been playing about 5 months. This is impossible without logging into your devise every hour or so.

I totally agree. This quest was put right at Christmastime when people are travelling, cleaning, cooking, baking, and spending time with family. Quests are nice but the amount of materials required (enchanted blocks and beams, architect paste, etc) is difficult for those who are depleted to aquire. And the fact that experience tells us that once you fail part of the quest you can't finish the item without megagems is depressing. I only finished one timed quest (Holiday Inn) and used gems to do so. The reindeer stable would be nice but with little ones and making merry for Christmas it is impossible to finish the quest. I have 4 days left and only on level 2. Yeah, so not happening. I can go ahead and grow the crops but it has a depressing forecast. I wish the quest, while timed, had been more achievable. I am on my 2nd 12 hour journey for planks and my first drop was 4 planks. This is going to take me 3 trips (36 hours) just for leveling up to level 3. I think I might just go back and focus on playing Hay Day. At least their gem drop rate, requirements, and quests are more reasonable.

anissada
12-22-13, 06:42 AM

ok.. pls in english.?
i think you say you did not get gems after installing the bonusgame, that is normal.
you get those bonusgems after collecting from a coinbuilding

elaur
12-22-13, 06:44 AM
Wow I knew once I needed all the stuff for the second quest there would be people in forums. This may be the first quest (beside those caravans which weren't real quests) that I don't finish. I'll have to see I think it's going to be very expensive to get it if I decide to use gems. (I've bought all gem buildings already so I'm not cheap with this game at all).

That's some crazy requirements for a timed quest. Castle story just isn't relaxing anymore. :,(. I shed a tear.

elaur
12-22-13, 06:45 AM
this is certainly NOT true, i play on my iPad with IOS 7 and got both bubbles and farm story2 as goal for gems

Legally (contract with apple) they can not reward for downloading apps. So they have you download the app and give you rewards for collecting from a building.

katbtodd
12-22-13, 06:59 AM
A friend and neighbor try enter this message, she couldn't get it to work so she emailed it to me to try, I believe we all feel this way,,,,,,,,,,,,,I usually don't post anything, but here goes. I'm a level 30 player and love this game. But it's not the same game that it used to be. I purchase gems when I can and I've also purchased some of the special packs that were offered (Alicorn/Dragon) so I understand that TL needs to earn a living. The timed goals that are offered are not required to continue playing, but most players WANT to do them. In my opinion the problem is that TL sets stressful time limits and then decreases the drop rates for the harder to get items. The goals require us to deplete our inventory in order to finish. I noticed before this quest started that trolls weren't giving troll essence. TeamLava, what I'm saying is I'm a paying customer, love the game, recommend the game, just give us a fair chance to complete these goals without an enormous amount of gems needed and total depletion of our inventory. Leave us in a position to have a fighting change on the next goal ... Let it be a challenge, but fun.

elaur
12-22-13, 07:13 AM
Yes exactly. You said it very well thanks. It's really just the time limits. I would be fine with taking forever on a hard to complete quest.

manu90ela
12-22-13, 07:30 AM

Si infatti prima non ricevi niente, ma poi quando hai giocato e ritorni a castle story esce un altro pop up con il baron che ti chiede di "collect coins from any building." E per quello poi avrai il tuo "reward: 30 gems". 😄😄😄😄😄

jojoreibo
12-22-13, 07:56 AM
I've never seen such whining in all my life! It's a game people, just a game! We still have 5 days left to complete the goal!
I was worried the first day, since one of my potion shops was tied up hatching a baby dragon, (a two day process) yet here I am collecting snow, finishing up on my carrots & cabbages. Trying to get more truffles (I had JUST FED the baron) replenishing my glimmerdust, etc. it's ALL what makes this game fun!
I realize it's Christmas, and maybe it won't get finished by everyone, big deal! It's just a game, you shouldn't be playing if it's too much stress. Quit "threatening" to delete the game, just do it, and move on...
I'll use the extra 60 gems I just got for FREE if I need to finish anything on the LAST day...five days from now��

girufel
12-22-13, 08:07 AM
ok.. pls in english.?
i think you say you did not get gems after installing the bonusgame, that is normal.
you get those bonusgems after collecting from a coinbuilding

Sorry, thought U were Italian. TL says, no Gem-rewards for iOS-Players (which I am). But other players say, it works for them despite iOS. So........??

lonerlexie
12-22-13, 08:17 AM
I've never seen such whining in all my life! It's a game people, just a game! We still have 5 days left to complete the goal!
I was worried the first day, since one of my potion shops was tied up hatching a baby dragon, (a two day process) yet here I am collecting snow, finishing up on my carrots & cabbages. Trying to get more truffles (I had JUST FED the baron) replenishing my glimmerdust, etc. it's ALL what makes this game fun!
I realize it's Christmas, and maybe it won't get finished by everyone, big deal! It's just a game, you shouldn't be playing if it's too much stress. Quit "threatening" to delete the game, just do it, and move on...
I'll use the extra 60 gems I just got for FREE if I need to finish anything on the LAST day...five days from now��

You must not spend much time on the internet. Especially in game forums.

eepopp
12-22-13, 09:13 AM
So for my 3rd Royal Exchange Trade, I got 8 Forever Snow, and I now have 33 total. (I knew my 10+ Snow per collection streak was probably going to break since many people were getting 8 per trade.)

My next trade collection should yield 8-12 Snow, so my total tomorrow could be anywhere from 41 to 45. I plan to buy the remaining Snow (~10 to 18 Gems), because I definitely want all remaining Inn collections focused on Lichen.

I recognize that many of you are upset at the material requirements and limited time constraints, but I'm having a lot of fun with this so far. It's challenging, and if I finish, I know that all the time and inventory that I spend will have a guaranteed payoff, unlike the Thanksgiving Caravan quests in November. I did not start any portion of those Sweepstakes entries. If there were any future type of quests or events planned, I'd rather do something like this.

On my 4th Royal Exchange, I got 12 Snow, so I had 45 Snow total. I purchased the remaining 5 for 10 gems (2 gems apiece), and upgraded the Stable to Level 3.

I then initiated my 1st Trade for Polarian Lichen, and collected from my Inn to get my first (of 10) Lichen.

Yesterday, I had 6 Magic Fruit. I bought 200k in Classic Christmas Trees, and got a Magic Friut, so I then had 7. This morning, I collected from my Magic Garden and got 1 Magic Fruit, so then I had 8. After my Royal Trade, I now have only 3 remaining. When I collect again twice in the next 48 hours, I'll have enough for one more Royal Exchange trade.

I think I'll be able to get to level 5 by Tuesday, or Wednesday morning at the latest. That is my goal, and I'm focusing all efforts to achieve it. I am having a ton of fun, and when I get my little reindeer, I'm gonna pet him and feed him and love him forever, while full knowing that I didn't spend a whole lot of gems for it.

manymain24
12-22-13, 10:09 AM
So there is no way I am going to be able to finish my stable. I have not even upgraded my stable for the first time yet. Is there away to delete it without having to upgrade it and then put it in my inventory

jojoreibo
12-22-13, 10:17 AM
I started playing CS in July, and haven't spent a penny on gems. I've finished each timed quest without paying for anything....
We still have 5 days left, why are so many giving up?

dragoniakingdom
12-22-13, 10:17 AM
So there is no way I am going to be able to finish my stable. I have not even upgraded my stable for the first time yet. Is there away to delete it without having to upgrade it and then put it in my inventory

You will have to do the first upgrade for it to be put into inventory or sold.

Without the upgrade it will stay in your game unfinished.:(

eepopp
12-22-13, 10:19 AM
In response to the other post someone else wrote complaining about people complaining:
And yes it's a game but it's money and there is a forum and we are allowed to post our thoughts and concerns. I think information is better than quitting.

I always appreciate posts that show strategy. I frequently see when some players accomplish a goal, but they don't always say how they achieved it.

For me, I was intimidated by the Level 4 upgrade with the Polarian Lichen and Magic Fruit trades, but after doing the Inn collection math plus getting fruit from the Magic Garden and Xmas trees, I feel that I'll be able to finish with plenty of time to spare. I am positive that I'll have my reindeer on Christmas day. Since I don't care about the last mission of collecting from the Stable twice, I may or may not actually finish those. I just want the reindeer.

cloudsail
12-22-13, 10:32 AM
I got only 8 snow again :(
That's 8, 12, 8. Thank god I have the Inn.

rosewaterlily
12-22-13, 10:51 AM
After barely sleeping the last two days I've managed to craft/acquire 50 living wood and forage 60 truffles. If it takes more than five trades to get 50 snow and more than three trades to get 10 lichen I'm going to be very cross. :P

CoalCountry
12-22-13, 10:52 AM
I'm feeling the same way about this quest. It is so frustrating, I can't keep up with what I'm supposed to be growing, making, and trading half the time! I think using the Trade building has complicated things more than what we're used to doing.

evritta
12-22-13, 10:57 AM
Where has all the Living Wood gone? I use to always be maxed out, now I am lucky if I get 1 a day. I have chopped over 10 trees and 8 dead wood and did not get 1 living tree. My sawmill finally dropped one today. Its the first one I have gotten in days from any source. I am using all my energy to get wood and white petals to make enough for the exchange. I have been playing this game since March, I play daily and pay attention. This is not right. No one can tell me the drop rate for Living Wood is the same as it was 4 month ago.

I don't mind these timed Quest and I don't even mind using a few gems to speed things up so I finish the Quest but when sources are decreased, that makes the game seem very unfair. I don't want to stop playing but I am starting to resent TL for being so greedy.

olcastle
12-22-13, 11:17 AM
For me, I was intimidated by the Level 4 upgrade with the Polarian Lichen and Magic Fruit trades, but after doing the Inn collection math plus getting fruit from the Magic Garden and Xmas trees, I feel that I'll be able to finish with plenty of time to spare.

How many Magic Fruit you got from Christmas Trees? And how many trees you've chopped?

evritta
12-22-13, 11:20 AM
When this Quest was started, I came to this site to see all the requirements. I had lots of Inventory and even with the 12 hours exchange, it seemed like I could do this. I needed to plant cabbage and carrot, make some dye, and harvest mushrooms but had plenty of time. The only thing I really have been low on (for months) is living wood. If anything would drop it, this Quest would have been challenging and completable. As it is, I may get it done and will try but I am ... at TL for decreasing the drop rate of Living Wood.

eepopp
12-22-13, 11:24 AM
How many Magic Fruit you got from Christmas Trees? And how many trees you've chopped?

1 fruit - took 8 trees at $25k each, so $200k total cost. I got the fruit on the 8th tree.

I bought 8 more trees, and didn't get any more.

CoalCountry
12-22-13, 11:27 AM
I used to get a glimmerdust from at least every third or fourth mushroom circle collection.

I've collected from roughly 15 circles in a row four times so far this morning, (about 60 collections altogether) and they've given up four, maybe five dusts. TL's claim that there's no algorithm in place to reduce drops of needed items is a flat out lie, that's been proven time and again.

Their claim that timed quests would never require gems was a flat out lie as well, and a low down dirty one at that. This is ridiculous. People have to sleep. People have families. People hate you now. But they're still opening their wallets, so you don't care, do you? Despicable.

The same thing is happening with me regarding Trolls. We need the Troll essence, and I cannot get a troll to show up! I've chopped trees, gathered crops, fed cows, and all that will pop up are Skunkupines and Fangbeasts! And before this quest, I was OVERRUN with trolls!

cloudsail
12-22-13, 11:34 AM
The same thing is happening with me regarding Trolls. We need the Troll essence, and I cannot get a troll to show up! I've chopped trees, gathered crops, fed cows, and all that will pop up are Skunkupines and Fangbeasts! And before this quest, I was OVERRUN with trolls!

Different monsters are triggered by different things. Chopping trees and feeding cows will not trigger trolls, and only glimmer bulbs and cocoa plants trigger them (I think). Some ways to trigger trolls are collecting from any coin building, mining, and tending mushroom circles.

JayUK69
12-22-13, 11:54 AM
Well looks like this quest has been made a little easier, with 105 free gems so far.

eepopp
12-22-13, 12:17 PM
1 fruit - took 8 trees at $25k each, so $200k total cost. I got the fruit on the 8th tree.

I bought 8 more trees, and didn't get any more.

I bought 4 more Classic trees and got another Magic Fruit! Yay! So I now have 4 Fruits, and with another Magic Garden collection tomorrow, I'll have enough fruits for a second Exchange Trade.

I bought a total of 20 trees at a cost of $500,000 coins. Most notable drops : 2 Magic Fruit, 3 Trade Tickets, 1 white dye, 2 Royal Beams. There were more, but those were the ones to stick out.

Seranda
12-22-13, 12:55 PM
Done this twice and I got 8 snows each time. I am now low on glimmer dust, living wood and mushrooms. I hate this part of the goal. This is the hardest goal of them all for me... Chopped two trees (10 hits each) and got not one living wood. Mushrooms hardly got me any glimmer dust. How can they expect us to complete these goals at all with these terrible drops rates. Bah humbug on you TL... Way to be a grinch!

ghjvcucjb
12-22-13, 01:16 PM
These people complaining about these missions are so funny!
Seems they all got happy with the game when they get 60 free gems
Wow look at all the happy go lucky people now������
JMHO but I don't think people are "happy go lucky" about the 60 gems (which many can not receive) I believe they are happy that they now may have the resource to finish this goal...valuable gems. And before anyone says just buy them, as I've stated before, some of us, take me for example, can not buy them and have spent weeks working with TL and APPLE support but no one can figure out why so the only way we can get precious gems is through the game system.

Legally (contract with apple) they can not reward for downloading apps. So they have you download the app and give you rewards for collecting from a building.
THANK YOU! Every time I see the, can not receive gems for downloading games statement I wonder what???? But now I understand.

I got only 8 snow again :(
That's 8, 12, 8. Thank god I have the Inn.
Your comment made me think that although these last few goals have been told to us as "not needed" for the continuation of other goals, they in fact sort of do. If we didn't have the barracks or the inn,( or even the exchange, although that isn't a goal that went away) many of us wouldn't have been able to finish most of these goals. I'm thinking it may be a good idea to try and finish ALL the goals/buildings given to us or it may adversely affect our ability to finish future goals. Just some rambling thoughts in my head this morning.

ghjvcucjb
12-22-13, 01:21 PM
Well looks like this quest has been made a little easier, with 105 free gems so far.

Where do you get 105 free gems?

JayUK69
12-22-13, 01:39 PM
Where do you get 105 free gems?

There were 3 games made available today, and after you install each you get to collect from coin buildings for 30 gems each time and the final game, some dot-to-dot thing, you get to play 40 levels each time for another 15 gems each. So far I've had 120 gems today and another 15 when I have completed 120 levels. So I'll collect from exchange later to get a few parts, do another exchange overnight and see what the inn drops, then use some of the gems to buy the last few and upgrade to level 4. I already have all materials for the level 5 upgrade, so will only have the collect twice from stable part of the quest left.

ghjvcucjb
12-22-13, 01:44 PM
There were 3 games made available today, and after you install each you get to collect from coin buildings for 30 gems each time and the final game, some dot-to-dot thing, you get to play 40 levels each time for another 15 gems each. So far I've had 120 gems today and another 15 when I have completed 120 levels. So I'll collect from exchange later to get a few parts, do another exchange overnight and see what the inn drops, then use some of the gems to buy the last few and upgrade to level 4. I already have all materials for the level 5 upgrade, so will only have the collect twice from stable part of the quest left.

Thanks for the reply. I did NOT get any of them so no gems for me.

li1168
12-22-13, 01:58 PM
Agree, I love this game and I am willing to pay to buy gems, but if every quest must pay over 100 or 200 gems to finish it . It's not fun.

li1168
12-22-13, 02:01 PM
Totally agree!

mymummy789
12-22-13, 02:10 PM

and you will be overrun with them again once you have completed that part of the quest - I am!!! I am afraid that I do not believe TL's constant claims that they do not tinker with the drop rates. I have had far too many instances where I have struggled to collect a certain resource, only for it to become abundant once the need has passed.

li1168
12-22-13, 02:20 PM
I think they are all realizing that they were complaining about free things not being "free" enough.

I complaint because I love this game, just want TL can improve and impossible to finish the quest. I am paying to buy gems , not a greedy person want everything is free, if every quest need 100-200 gems to finish , it's not fun. Sure I appreciate TL give me gems when I download the games, it makes the quest more doable now.

midnightmeerkat
12-22-13, 02:22 PM
and you will be overrun with them again once you have completed that part of the quest - I am!!! I am afraid that I do not believe TL's constant claims that they do not tinker with the drop rates. I have had far too many instances where I have struggled to collect a certain resource, only for it to become abundant once the need has passed.

Well, I have been constantly triggering trolls the whole time .....mainly when collecting from mines and lots collecting from mushroom circles

JayUK69
12-22-13, 02:34 PM
First exchange dropped 4 lichen for me, so if the inn drops one and another 4 from exchange in the morning will only need to buy one more.

katbtodd
12-22-13, 03:06 PM
First exchange dropped 4 lichen for me, so if the inn drops one and another 4 from exchange in the morning will only need to buy one more.

Thanks I was wondering

katbtodd
12-22-13, 03:22 PM
Just collect from my exchange and inn got 6 lichen so it looks to only be two run,,,, This is good news ,,,

JayUK69
12-22-13, 03:33 PM
Just collect from my exchange and inn got 6 lichen so it looks to only be two run,,,, This is good news ,,,

I was pleased with 4 lol, was only expecting 2 or 3. Fingers crossed for at least 5 in the morning.

nickiz09
12-22-13, 03:46 PM
How many polarian lichen has everyone been getting after their 12 hours is up?

Never mind saw other posts :)

jptheripper
12-22-13, 03:50 PM
thats awesome news since between garden, xmas trees i have been able to save up 9 magic fruit. one more and i will have enough for the 2 trades + inn to hopefully be done tomorrow night with level 4 (i need 10 snowflakes to complete level three tonight)

s_creen
12-22-13, 04:00 PM
plz correct info about last upgrade, it takes 99999 to make a deer, not 9999

DeeDeeBird70
12-22-13, 05:02 PM

Kookie,
I'm playing on an iPad (iOS 6) and have gotten a lot of gems from downloading and playing TL and other games. Just got 60 today. 30 for Farm Story 2 Christmas edition and 30 for Connect the Dots.

DeeDeeBird70
12-22-13, 05:14 PM
Sorry, misspelled your name. I should clarify that I got the gems after the Baron called for a parade and collection from a coin building.

CLOVERKAITO
12-22-13, 05:35 PM

Thanks for the notice... I have been spending my coins on x'mas trees (trying to get magic fruit)! It'd suck if I get to that point and I don't have 99999 coins. Time to save up!

3rd exchange collection yields 8 snow... I'll see what my next collection yields. I need 16 more snow, and I can collect from the inn in 4 hr 38 min, exchange in 7 hr 36 min... probably will buy a few snow (2 gems each) if I don't get 50 by then and move on to the next upgrade.

I currently have 8 magic fruits. Chopped 6 x'mas trees down so far and no magic fruit. 1 white dye is still so far the best item I got... Today's garden collection only yielded 1 fruit unfortunately...

HistoryGirl7
12-22-13, 05:42 PM

Whoa! Thanks! I've spent over a million on Xmas trees :o so I appreciate knowing this! Time to collect from buildings again!

dragoniakingdom
12-22-13, 05:49 PM
My first trade for Polaris Lichen (upgrade to level 4) has just completed. The result was 4 lichen,so be aware that you will need enough magic fruit for at least 2 if not 3 exchanges as the upgrade requires 10.

To purchase the lichen are 12 gems each.

anissada
12-22-13, 05:55 PM

105? i only got 2x30

s_creen
12-22-13, 06:20 PM
aye, u have to keep ur money tight for stable's last upgrade ( 99 999 coins for deer, not 9 999)

Liloze
12-22-13, 06:28 PM
I am trying to finish level 3 in This reindeer stable, and if you do the math, with 12 hours waiting for only 2 eternal snow given,( first 12 hours) then 7 on the second trade, ( and that assuming we have all the resources needed for the trade) especially that TL makes them disappear conveniently, so we use our bought gems, there is no way to up grade in time, which means, TL is forcing our hand, to use the gems one way or another.

There 's no way you are going to get 50 eternal snow in 5 days! And that assuming you have all the resources required! I spent two days now trying to get the 50 eternal snow, And got only 11 one of the snow I got from the Inn, not to mention all the glimmer dust that you need for the the enchanted blocks/ beams etc...

Let alone that I spent 40 energy today cutting trees to get living wood, ( while my Sawmilks are giving 2 /3 maximum), not surprised by the drop of the production, for TL knows their business) I got only One.

I smile sarcastically at the not subtle ways TL are using to force people to use their gems, it is their business, but at least try to use some finesse,some subtlety, It might soften the regressing opinion one is starting to make about such underhanded tactics!

Good day and Thank you!

calipitter
12-22-13, 06:30 PM
Losing too much gems to gem traps when I first started playing this game was the biggest reason why I have made a resolution to not pay for any gems. If they actually removed all those gem traps, I would be more willing to pay for gems as I won't have to worry about pointlessly losing gems to gem traps. But because I worry about losing money on double-clicking by accident, I refuse to spend my hard earned cash on this game.

While I won't be a paying customer, I can be an advertising customer, such as writing reviews on my blog, telling my friends about this game (and friends can be potential paying customer), and writing a 5 star review on iTunes/Google ....

Touche'. Those are some very sound counter points and I agree with you, people would be more willing to pay for gems if there was a pop-up asking if they were sure they wanted to spend them. Losing real money because your finger slipped is ridiculous. I just feel that if I am going to play and enjoy the game I should reimburse them for their efforts. Too many people these days feel it is okay to enjoy the fruits of others people's labors without compensating them. Look at all the pirated movies and videos. Everyone wants something for nothing these days. Because of that, it costs $12.00 to go see a movie in the theater and companies like TL have to resort to gem traps.

Good luck with the quest!

CLOVERKAITO
12-22-13, 07:08 PM
Touch?. Those are some very sound counter points and I agree with you, people would be more willing to pay for gems if asked if there was a pop-up asking if they were sure they wanted to spend them. Losing real money because your finger slipped is ridiculous. I just feel like if I am going to play and enjoy the game I should reimburse them for their efforts. Too many people these days feel it is okay to enjoy the fruits of others people's labors without compensating them. Look at all the pirated movies and videos. Everyone wants something for nothing these days. Because of that, it costs $12.00 to go see a movie in the theater and companies like TL have to resort to gem traps.

Good luck with the quest!

Just chopped the last x'mas tree I got (make that my 7th) and I got orange petal, purple petal (maxed out), and noodles...... Well, can't chop anymore as I need to save up for 99999 coins (currently has 57986).

Guess I'll have to use gems to either buy magic fruit or some lichens later (and some snow if I don't get 50 after the collection tonight). Hopefully over all it won't cost me more than 50-100 gems to upgrade to level 5. :)

Current collection stats for whoever interested:

1st inn collection: 1 plank
1st exchange collection: 5 plank
2nd exchange collection: 4 plank

3rd exchange collection: 8 snow
(new) 3rd inn collection: 3 snow
(new) 4th exchange collection: 12 snow
(that adds up to 49 snows LOL. 1 short. Doing 5th snow exchange now)

No gems spent yet. Too bad I can't just go outside and take 1 snow from the park LOL!

Thank you to TL for the x'mas edition games and the fruits game download. I got 30 x 4 (download bonus) + 15 x 2 gems (finished level 30 for fruits game) out of them so far, and they'll help with completing this reindeer stable quest line.

eepopp
12-22-13, 07:54 PM
On my 4th Royal Exchange, I got 12 Snow, so I had 45 Snow total. I purchased the remaining 5 for 10 gems (2 gems apiece), and upgraded the Stable to Level 3.

I then initiated my 1st Trade for Polarian Lichen, and collected from my Inn to get my first (of 10) Lichen.

My 1st Trade for Polarian Lichen netted me 5 Lichen, and so with my first Inn collection, I now have 6 Total Lichen. I now only need 4 Lichen.

I'm sorely tempted to gem through to the end, but we still have the "Free the Fairies" quest coming, so I am going to save them for the future and repeat to myself, "Slow and steady wins the race!"

gdmcrjunkie
12-22-13, 08:26 PM
I'm sorely tempted to gem through to the end, but we still have the "Free the Fairies" quest coming, so I am going to save them for the future and repeat to myself, "Slow and steady wins the race!"

Yes, yes, yes! This is why I'm somewhat glad the trades take so long and therefore cost so much to speed up. It's so hard to resist though...

Doing the first lichen trade right now, I shouldn't have trouble completing the goals in time... I hope.

prancinland
12-22-13, 08:50 PM
This is a very time consuming challenge! Is it even possible to get these reign deer? :(

prancinland
12-22-13, 08:51 PM
Sorry.. Or are we wasting our time?! Ba-humbug

CLOVERKAITO
12-22-13, 09:17 PM
This is a very time consuming challenge! Is it even possible to get these reign deer? :(

If you don't have most of the materials already stocked / premade, you'd need to use a lot of gems to complete this quest line. I personally don't think it's possible to complete this quest line if you have to craft / collect everything from scratch.

ghjvcucjb
12-22-13, 09:21 PM
Just want to say thank you to TeamLava for the opportunity to download other games and try them out. There was no way I was going to finish this goal without gems due to the lack of magic fruit so having the opportunity to collect from my coin buildings has greatly helped me out. Just wanted to balance my concerns (whining) about this goal with an appropriate thank you for helping.

CLOVERKAITO
12-22-13, 11:03 PM
Can someone tell me how many gems it costs to buy magic fruit for the exchange? Just trying to debate whether it'd more worthwhile to speed up magic garden for a magic fruit (+ other random drops) with gems, or buy a magic fruit with gem for the exchange, or just buy the lichens after I use up my existing fruits. Thanks! =3 I think each 30 minutes cost 1 gem to skip for the magic garden... so to fully skip it, it is 48 gems to collect from magic garden again.

I'm pretty sure I can only manage max 2 lichen exchanges since I only have 8 fruits right now, and will probably have to buy however much lichen that I'm short on with gems instead. I know each lichen is 12 gems, so if the magic fruits cost more or less the same, it's probably more worthwhile to buy lichens than fruits (and you don't have to wait 12 hours for the exchange). Just a thought...

After this quest line is done, I'm pretty sure I'd be stockpiling on these fruits and won't use them unless I have 60+... that means no fruits exchange for 2 months! lol

vontalken
12-22-13, 11:30 PM
It is cheaper to buy the finished product like the lichen by far most of the time. Yes. For this quest I paid for the goods instead of trading. The bill was about 300 gems (only did the final trade) and I am slightly ashamed of not completing it the true grit way..... And then I hug my cute reindeer and eat the free ice cream it makes and forget all that. :D

eepopp
12-22-13, 11:34 PM
Can someone tell me how many gems it costs to buy magic fruit for the exchange? Just trying to debate whether it'd more worthwhile to speed up magic garden for a magic fruit (+ other random drops) with gems, or buy a magic fruit with gem for the exchange, or just buy the lichens after I use up my existing fruits. Thanks! =3 I think each 30 minutes cost 1 gem to skip for the magic garden... so to fully skip it, it is 48 gems to collect from magic garden again.

I'm pretty sure I can only manage max 2 lichen exchanges since I only have 8 fruits right now, and will probably have to buy however much lichen that I'm short on with gems instead. I know each lichen is 12 gems, so if the magic fruits cost more or less the same, it's probably more worthwhile to buy lichens than fruits (and you don't have to wait 12 hours for the exchange). Just a thought...

After this quest line is done, I'm pretty sure I'd be stockpiling on these fruits and won't use them unless I have 60+... that means no fruits exchange for 2 months! lol

For the Polarian Lichen Trade, each missing Magic Fruit costs 20 gems. You need 5 Magic Fruit per trade.

Queenzod
12-22-13, 11:37 PM

You are going to save tons of energy! You can get trade tickets faster by skipping the magic fruit trade and using the extra 85 energy or so that you save to collect from cows and chickens and do the milk and dairy exchange instead. I can usually get in 2 or 3 of those per day.

eepopp
12-22-13, 11:40 PM
It is cheaper to buy the finished product like the lichen by far most of the time. Yes. For this quest I paid for the goods instead of trading. The bill was about 300 gems (only did the final trade) and I am slightly ashamed of not completing it the true grit way..... And then I hug my cute reindeer and eat the free ice cream it makes and forget all that. :D

There is no shame in using gems. I've been shaving off time and straggling goods with gems myself! I think that if there was one quest that deserved using hoarded gems, this one would be it. Gems were meant to be spent!

... And by golly, I look forward to to the day that I can hug my lil reindeer, too!

CLOVERKAITO
12-23-13, 12:18 AM
For the Polarian Lichen Trade, each missing Magic Fruit costs 20 gems. You need 5 Magic Fruit per trade.

Hmmmmmmmm I'll probably buy only 1 fruit to complete the trade (I can do two trades in total), and then buy the rest of the lichens with gems... Thanks!

I just did something stupid and used up some of my enchanted blocks and beams QAQ (upgraded a building by accident when I was just checking what its requirements were) :(

So I'll have to re-craft 2 each (not paying 120 gems for them) and it's gonna take 4 x 2 hours... in other words, I won't be able to upgrade to level 4 until during lunch break at work tomorrow. By then the quest line would still have 3.5 days left. I think I should still be able to upgrade to level 5 before time runs out. Pretty sure I won't be able to do the collect from stable twice but that doesn't matter as long as I can complete the stable and get the reindeer... Of course, that means I won't be buying snows with gems tonight since I have to wait for the enchanted items to be crafted anyway, might as well do another snow exchange.

I still have some gems saved up at the moment (thankfully we had those x'mas version games goals), so I'll skip till the end if I really have to... My goal is still to finish the level 5 stable within 100 gems spending :p

Note to self: Stop checking buildings! Especially when sleepy!

Judging from past experience though, the finished building will be available for 200 gems afterwards... so wouldn't it be cheaper to buy it later?

By TL's standard, skipping / buying items with gems is probably their definition of completing this quest line the true way anyway XD

nairi7
12-23-13, 12:18 AM
Out of curiosity... Does the inn drop the deer at that part of the quest? If it does... That saves a lot of cash/feasts :)

JayUK69
12-23-13, 01:04 AM
Finished my reindeer stable this morning, just have to collect twice from it.

http://www1.picturepush.com/photo/a/13934874/img/Anonymous/IMG-1176.png

http://www2.picturepush.com/photo/a/13934875/img/Anonymous/IMG-1177.jpg

Cesar49
12-23-13, 01:13 AM
Wow! That is one enormous deer! Or are the guests in the Inn really dinky?! ;) Either way, congrats on achieving the stable, Jay!!

4ral3
12-23-13, 01:24 AM
I upgraded my Kingdom Inn but wasn't able to do the last part of collecting from the Inn because I ran out of the time. My Inn still drops earth wisps and quest items. So you should be good if you can't finish the last part of the reindeer quest.

So you are saying that if we finish the upgrades in time and get the reindeer, there is no point whatsoever in speeding up collection time with gems as that won't affect the stable behaviour for what concerns the drops? Cause that would be very useful to know and sort of great, too: I spent gems to speed up the Inn collection and I could have just saved them, ugh!

4ral3
12-23-13, 01:45 AM
Bottom line is I won't spend a single penny on gems no matter how much I enjoyed CS and KC, because I really hate gem traps (had fallen into one where I lost 300+ gems in KC), and how they make this current x'mas goal nearly impossible unless you pre-stocked a lot of things AND lucky with the exchange. I happened to have most of the building materials in this quest line already pre-made (they were pre-made because I was going to upgrade my other buildings but haven't). I won't regret using up pre-made materials or the gems I already own even if I end up getting stuck in level 4 in day 8... I just wanted to give it a shot.

I repeat: Bottom line is I won't spend a single penny on gems. So TL, stop making these goals so impossible and let people have fun, you know? This goal is so much more attainable for more players if you make it at least 15 days long... into the new year, you know?

Ok, I am all for complaining about TL's faults and, of course I hate gem traps as the next player but I think it's time to point out that they WORK on games that we can all basically enjoy for free. I just think that NEVER spending money on gems and stating that one NEVER will is simply not fair to them and to all the time they surely put into making great games such as CS. Sorry, just my thought...

vitriolicheart
12-23-13, 01:55 AM
Ok, I am all for complaining about TL's faults and, of course I hate gem traps as the next player but I think it's time to point out that they WORK on games that we can all basically enjoy for free. I just think that NEVER spending money on gems and stating that one NEVER will is simply not fair to them and to all the time they surely put into making great games such as CS. Sorry, just my thought...

They're saying they'll never spend money on this game while the Gem trap still exists. That's something TL can solve quite easily but chose not to do.
It's not unfair to withhold cash when there's a glaring fault with the game that they just can't be bothered fix. If they fixed it they'd get paid.

JayUK69
12-23-13, 02:06 AM
Wow! That is one enormous deer! Or are the guests in the Inn really dinky?! ;) Either way, congrats on achieving the stable, Jay!!

I wouldn't have done it so quickly had I not used gems. I used 20 on the last 10 snow and this morning when I completed the stable, I used 48 to speed up the exchange to get the reindeer, as it was 50 to buy it instead. But I got 135 free gems yesterday, and another 30 today, so I still have 107 more than I started with. Just wanted it out of the way as won't have time over Christmas.

JayUK69
12-23-13, 02:12 AM
Out of curiosity... Does the inn drop the deer at that part of the quest? If it does... That saves a lot of cash/feasts :)

The inn doesn't drop the reindeer. After you upgrade to Level 4, you need the reindeer to upgrade to level 5. You can do an exchange, which will drop it after 12 hours, or you can buy it outright for 50 gems. I chose to do the exchange and speed up at a cost of 48 gems, 2 cheaper than buying it. If it wasn't for Christmas, I wouldn't have sped things up, but I have commitments over Christmas and can probably only log on once in the morning and last thing at night, which is enough to do the 2 collections from the stables.

4ral3
12-23-13, 02:21 AM
I'll use the extra 60 gems I just got for FREE if I need to finish anything on the LAST day...five days from now😉

Wow!! FINALLY someone who makes sense!! I couldn't have said it better myself... :)

CLOVERKAITO
12-23-13, 02:26 AM

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?63095-Castle-Story-12-19-2013-Update-Reindeer-Stable&p=812355&viewfull=1#post812355
^ I already addressed what you mentioned in post #504.

They're saying they'll never spend money on this game while the Gem trap still exists. That's something TL can solve quite easily but chose not to do.
It's not unfair to withhold cash when there's a glaring fault with the game that they just can't be bothered fix. If they fixed it they'd get paid.

Exactly my point. Thank you.

4ral3
12-23-13, 02:34 AM
Different monsters are triggered by different things. Chopping trees and feeding cows will not trigger trolls, and only glimmer bulbs and cocoa plants trigger them (I think). Some ways to trigger trolls are collecting from any coin building, mining, and tending mushroom circles.

I think I get my trolls from just about anywhere as long as I collect/chop/harvest lots of things together, i.e. mostly, for me, they come out when I queue up several actions of the same kind. As for harvesting I can't say which crops exactly trigger trolls as I am constantly harvesting all sort of things but I would trust the glimmerbulb/cocoa post. Oh, and I have put together about 40 patches of soil and always plant the same crop on all of them and try collecting them all at once when I have enough energy: learnt that from a fellow neighbour, that's why I love you all, guys! <3

Hope it helps!

katbtodd
12-23-13, 02:40 AM
Finished my reindeer stable this morning, just have to collect twice from it.

http://www1.picturepush.com/photo/a/13934874/img/Anonymous/IMG-1176.png

http://www2.picturepush.com/photo/a/13934875/img/Anonymous/IMG-1177.jpg

Ohhhh so cute,,can't wait..

4ral3
12-23-13, 03:03 AM

I understand that and at the beginning I lost plenty into gem traps but now that I've been playing for months I know exactly how to avoid them, i.e. I let the items collect themselves without clicking on them and I generally click everything VERY slowly now :p + I never leave the game unattended as once I accidentally bought energy for 50(!!!) gems while carrying the phone from one room to another :(((((

This way I have been able not to fall into gem traps for ages now and that, added to the "collect from any building" goals and to the occasional 0.89/4.99 gem sale purchase makes me a very happy player indeed!

kradovcich
12-23-13, 03:07 AM
They better extend this quest. Magic fruit does not come easily

JayUK69
12-23-13, 03:08 AM
More free gems today from the baron challenges. So that's 135 yesterday and 105 today. 240 free gems isn't bad at all.

mymummy789
12-23-13, 03:13 AM
105? i only got 2x30

check the app store for the new/christmas games and make sure you don't have another version already loaded. I had Halloween jewel mania already on my ipod but I deleted it last night and this morning got the goal to download the Christmas version.

sabrinashal
12-23-13, 05:42 AM
guys i updated the post

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?63095-Castle-Story-12-19-2013-Update-Reindeer-Stable&p=810688&viewfull=1#post810688

i also fixed the reindeer cost so you should check it!

(i wrote 9999 instead of 99,999)

i also uploaded a few pics you guys posted here to help out

celphyn
12-23-13, 06:11 AM
More free gems today from the baron challenges. So that's 135 yesterday and 105 today. 240 free gems isn't bad at all.

What are the baron challenges ?!?
It's related to this quest ?
I gave up the quest because i have no time =/

ganda12habibi
12-23-13, 06:20 AM
How to get more free games... Like me i dont have enough money to spend/buy with the gems thats why i join in this forums so that i get more tips.. Hope u can help me guys thanks. 

ganda12habibi
12-23-13, 06:24 AM
Hope that anyone can give me a tip(s) Thanks u very much

ganda12habibi
12-23-13, 06:25 AM

hi can i ask if how to get more free gems? Its hard for me to buy gems coz i dont have enough money.. Hope u can give me tip.. Thanks you

moon331
12-23-13, 06:36 AM
Thanks for the free gems. Not only I can finish reindeer goal but also buy the fortune teller.

ganda12habibi
12-23-13, 06:41 AM
Hope that anyone can give me a tip(s) Thanks u very much

hi can i ask if how to get more free gems? Its hard for me to buy gems coz i dont have enough money.. Hope u can give me tip.. Thanks you

Thanks for the free gems. Not only I can finish reindeer goal but also buy the fortune teller.
Hi how did u doo that?

infinitelove19
12-23-13, 06:44 AM
So for the lichen, whch requires magic fruit, faeries & glimmerbulbs to trade for it, we also get one each time we collect from the inn. On one account, I have only just gotten the magic garden & collected one magic fruit from it yesterday. I realize it will be well worthwhile to spend a few gems on the last of my snow, collect from the Inn as much as possible. Do one trade if I can, then buy the rest of the lichen on the 2nd to last day, leaving enough time to trade for the reindeer & do the last upgrade on the last day. I will definitely have to make sure to have all items needed prepared ahead of time & won't be able to 'collect twice' but that shouldn't affect anything.

I have to admit that while I would have preferred this goal be slightly more easily achieved, I will be happy to use some gems to get Rudolph & a building that gives sweet treats!

Yesterday I only had one faerie, but have gotten two more harvesting glimmerbulbs. Have faeries always dropped from glimmerbulbs, or is this new?

Also Kooky, is there any word on extensions or extra help with the lichen part of this quest?
One suggestion I have is just to have the Inn drop two lichen each time instead of one.
That would be a swell Christmas gift in my humble opinion!

infinitelove19
12-23-13, 06:49 AM
Hi how did u doo that?

You know the pop-ups in the game asking you to download this or that game? Well, after the goal/pop-up appears, you click on it, it takes you to the app store & if you download and play the game (briefly), when you return to Castle Story, the baron will comment saying to collect from any coin building & THAT will award you with gems.

Once you have enough gems saved up you can buy any of the gem only purchases in the game, like the Wizard School or the Fortune Teller. After this event I'm buying a Wizard School if I have enough. Hope this helps. :-)

JayUK69
12-23-13, 07:05 AM
What are the baron challenges ?!?
It's related to this quest ?
I gave up the quest because i have no time =/

After installing games that show up on the pop up boxes, you get challenges from the Baron (collect from any coin building) and you are awarded 30 gems for the first and 15 gems three times after each, depending on if you have already done them previously, in which case you only get 30 gems for the first. If it wasn't for these free gems I wouldn't have completed in time as I'm always so busy over Christmas.

moon331
12-23-13, 07:30 AM
You know the pop-ups in the game asking you to download this or that game? Well, after the goal/pop-up appears, you click on it, it takes you to the app store & if you download and play the game (briefly), when you return to Castle Story, the baron will comment saying to collect from any coin building & THAT will award you with gems.

Once you have enough gems saved up you can buy any of the gem only purchases in the game, like the Wizard School or the Fortune Teller. After this event I'm buying a Wizard School if I have enough. Hope this helps. :-)

Yes, can't explain better. I have two fully upgraded wizard schools so I bought the fortune teller. I felt mad when I lost gems in traps for so many times but these free gems did make this game free. CS is my favourite among all the games offered by teamlava and it is the only game I have spent my real money on.

hottrthanhott
12-23-13, 07:50 AM
Yes, can't explain better. I have two fully upgraded wizard schools so I bought the fortune teller. I felt mad when I lost gems in traps for so many times but these free gems did make this game free. CS is my favourite among all the games offered by teamlava and it is the only game I have spent my real money on.

I'm debating! Should I get my second Wizard School? Or the Fortune Teller?
Everyone I know says they wasted gems on the Fortune Teller since the fortune stopped.

I love this game too! I just started my first Lichen exchange! Wish me luck! And good luck to all!

sabrinashal
12-23-13, 07:53 AM
Everyone I know says they wasted gems on the Fortune Teller since the fortune stopped.

I love this game too! I just started my first Lichen exchange! Wish me luck! And good luck to all!

from what i know Wizard School is the best choice

moon331
12-23-13, 07:58 AM

Definitely wizard school and upgrade the school as much as you can. I bought the fortune teller because I didn't have anything else to buy.

lonerlexie
12-23-13, 09:06 AM
After spending about 50 gems because of trolls I don't think I will put more gems into this quest. Because of the Barron quest I think I will just buy the thing out right if I don't finish. It's with their money so I don't care. I'm pretty sure I will not finish because I wasted so much time trying to get the troll essence. The thing might be a dud anyway once Christmas is over anyway.

maz3girl
12-23-13, 09:33 AM
So what's everyone doing with this? I regret buying it because I know that I wont be able to finish it without gems, but I can't sell it at this point, so.... Just store it or finish w/gems?

preinsko
12-23-13, 10:20 AM
I hit a Bonanza with my second exchange.
10 Forever Snow + 1 trade ticket.
I finally won the final Trials and Tributes badge (trader) so I received 10 gems. Can use the gems in Raindeer quest.
this was wierd.
Last night I got 12 Forever snow + 1 TT from 3rd exchange which put me at 48 total. However, inn normally gives only 1 so I decided to trade one more time. This morning I sped up the inn in last hour and this time I received 3 Forever snow which pushed me over the top. Now my exchange is tied up for three hours more. Wish I had trusted that the required number of snow would drop from the inn; but I didn't.

preinsko
12-23-13, 10:28 AM
periodically you should see challenges from the baron to install another game. If you install the game the reward is typically 30 gems even though the rewards are not published. After installing the new game you will see thank you; but no reward. Then another baron popup instructing you to collect from a coin building. After you collect you are rewarded with gems.
You can earn more gems by reaching some specific level of the game once.
Hope this helps. At minimum install the game for that reward. Playing the game is another time stealer so it is up to you.

xoxoBabyGirl
12-23-13, 10:39 AM
If the quest times out, am I able to buy the reindeer stable after? If so, will it be at level 5?

And does this work for all buildings? I'm pretty new at the gem buying thing :)

hottrthanhott
12-23-13, 11:00 AM
Definitely wizard school and upgrade the school as much as you can. I bought the fortune teller because I didn't have anything else to buy.

from what i know Wizard School is the best choice

THANK YOU! 2nd wizard school it is!
In my other account I have one wizard school and no barracks. I am contemplating getting the barracks instead of a second wizard school. Good call?

farmergrandma
12-23-13, 11:02 AM
Don't know if anyone else has this problem, but since I started this quest the monsters have really gotten scarce no matter what I do & when they appear the trolls don't drop essence & skunkupines/lovecupines have dropped 1 rat tail of the last 10. Not getting them from anywhere (like ivy's hut) & stopped getting living wood even from sawmills. That used to be a pretty sure thing. Also my pigs don't find truffles. Last 5 or more Christmas trees have dropped logs & petals. Pretty hefty $ when old logs are much better at $600.

Queenzod
12-23-13, 11:31 AM
Look at her! There's a giant fairy brigade out there and they are getting mad at Ivy! Ooo, dawg!

craterlake
12-23-13, 11:41 AM
Well just sent away for my Rudolph, so only 12 hours and two visits to go. Thank you TL for all the extra gems. Would really appreciate not having a weekly update this week. Like many I'm about to head off for a holiday and won't be able to come online. In my case I'm off to Australia to visit family. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.

meme1098
12-23-13, 11:45 AM
Look at her! There's a giant fairy brigade out there and they are getting mad at Ivy! Ooo, dawg!

Did you get this when you completed the reindeer stable? No new one for me ;(

eepopp
12-23-13, 11:53 AM

There's a dialogue exchange between a couple of fairies that show up after you complete the Level 4 Stable upgrade.

I wonder if this is the brief appearance during the holiday season that TeamLava hinted at, or if there is a larger story arc coming.

3) The glow-y visitors will make a short appearance in this week's seasonal quest.

http://i42.tinypic.com/2moeekx.jpg

http://i40.tinypic.com/xc2nx1.jpg

http://i43.tinypic.com/15xra0w.jpg

http://i43.tinypic.com/ycghc.jpg

http://i42.tinypic.com/9bknk1.jpg

http://i39.tinypic.com/2jfnk11.jpg

http://i42.tinypic.com/amfbwo.jpg

http://i41.tinypic.com/2weyq0p.jpg

Queenzod
12-23-13, 11:54 AM

It came with a bunch of dialogue I didn't understand after I upgraded with the Polarian lichen. Right before you start growing the reindeer. The fairies call themselves "The Plume." At least I think that's what they call themselves. Ivy wanted to take a bunch of them and string them together to make sparkle lights for the reindeer compound, and then this magnificent being showed up and authorized the fairy on the left to take something and do something. Like I said, I didn't really understand what they were talking about. It's like they have their own world or something! :)

eepopp
12-23-13, 12:05 PM
My 1st Trade for Polarian Lichen netted me 5 Lichen, and so with my first Inn collection, I now have 6 Total Lichen. I now only need 4 Lichen.

Last night, I caved and bought a Magic Fruit for 20 Gems, and initiated a 2nd Exchange Trade. I could explain that I've got family coming over to the house on Christmas Eve, and I'm driving the spouse and kids to Disneyland on the 26th..., so I really needed to wrap this puppy up, but I'm just going to admit that I'm weak. :D

Anyway, my 2nd Lichen Trade netted me 5 Lichen. I finished the Level 4 Stable upgrade, and have my reindeer trade cooking.

meme1098
12-23-13, 12:35 PM
It came with a bunch of dialogue I didn't understand after I upgraded with the Polarian lichen. Right before you start growing the reindeer. The fairies call themselves "The Plume." At least I think that's what they call themselves. Ivy wanted to take a bunch of them and string them together to make sparkle lights for the reindeer compound, and then this magnificent being showed up and authorized the fairy on the left to take something and do something. Like I said, I didn't really understand what they were talking about. It's like they have their own world or something! :)

Oops....messed that up. Guess I'll see that shortly since I'm waiting on the last lichen exchange. Thks Queenzod & eepopp

Queenzod
12-23-13, 12:45 PM
I must say, I want "My Lady" to be walking around my kingdom! She's fabulous! I want to *be* her!

Aggwynn
12-23-13, 01:05 PM
The Plume is what they call their home =)

katbtodd
12-23-13, 01:09 PM
The fairies are so cute can't wait for that adventure,

eepopp
12-23-13, 01:16 PM

Can you please, please tell us if there is another update coming this Thursday?

Pretty please?

ghjvcucjb
12-23-13, 01:18 PM

Like a hive? YES! Can we have an epic battle? Maybe we can throw cake recipes at each other?

anissada
12-23-13, 01:20 PM
check the app store for the new/christmas games and make sure you don't have another version already loaded. I had Halloween jewel mania already on my ipod but I deleted it last night and this morning got the goal to download the Christmas version.

does not matter if you have another version, if you have ever installed that game already you only get gems for installing and starting to play again.
i did get goals for santa jumo orso? and some others, but when i installed one, all the other goals had gone missing

Cesar49
12-23-13, 01:23 PM
Do please tell me that this adventure is not dependent on having the reindeer stable!

minndom
12-23-13, 01:26 PM
Interestingly my pigs have stopped dropping truffles. Silly me, I did Feed the Baron in the beginning of this quest. I still had enough to do one exchange but doubt if I can get 8 truffles overnight for second one. Nice to have got so many gems today, I didn' feel so bad when buying snow flakes.

ghjvcucjb
12-23-13, 01:29 PM
Do please tell me that this adventure is not dependent on having the reindeer stable!

Uh oh, didn't think about that. Hopefully NOT.

eepopp
12-23-13, 01:37 PM
Like a hive? YES! Can we have an epic battle? Maybe we can throw cake recipes at each other?

The Fairies hate/fear humans..., I mean, our kingdoms did use them to make Enchanted Bars during the Glimmergate quests, and now we're using them as light bulb decorations for a furry, nose glowing mutant reindeer?

Some lines were not meant to be crossed, and this my dears, is the ominous sign of an all out fairy war. Hide the children, protect the elderly,... And prepare yourselves for battle! RAWR!

eepopp
12-23-13, 01:41 PM
Can you please, please tell us if there is another update coming this Thursday?

Pretty please?

Nevermind. I found Aggwynn's post (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?62831-Castle-Story-Sneak-Peek&p=808577&viewfull=1#post808577). This Reindeer Stable is the last Christmas quest, and the Fairy quest starts in January.

ghjvcucjb
12-23-13, 01:43 PM
The Fairies hate/fear humans..., I mean, our kingdoms did use them to make Enchanted Bars during the Glimmergate quests, and now we're using them as light bulb decorations for a furry, nose glowing mutant reindeer?

Some lines were not meant to be crossed, and this my dears, is the ominous sign of an all out fairy war. Hide the children, protect the elderly,... And prepare yourselves for battle! RAWR!
I just don't understand what Ivy was thinking of? Considering the fact that she was once trapped as a tree, you would think she would be more sensitive to their plight trapped in jars? Besides she could use wisps for lights AND they're already round.

Well, I for one hope the faeries win. That said, I'm not into pain so will think about making protective armor out of mermaid scales and a shield out of dragon scales and cooking a whole bunch of sticky syrup and cake to distract any angry faeries with ill intentions!

meme1098
12-23-13, 01:45 PM

I rather throw the whole cake! LOL :D

maguar
12-23-13, 02:55 PM
Yesterday I only had one faerie, but have gotten two more harvesting glimmerbulbs. Have faeries always dropped from glimmerbulbs, or is this new?

Faeries have always been a rare drop from glimmerbulbs. Got to wonder what it is about those crops that both trolls and faeries like

elaur
12-23-13, 04:13 PM
Ok I finished it. I didn't realize how many gems we were getting for installs.

Best money I spent was the 50 gems to finish the snowflakes. They were taking forever and were resource intensive.

Then I sped up the exchange twice for rocks (although had to wait for glimmer bulbs so one was a waste) and then I just bought the reindeer. The speed ups and reindeer were option gem expenditures but the snowflake wasn't.

eepopp
12-23-13, 04:19 PM
Last night, I caved and bought a Magic Fruit for 20 Gems, and initiated a 2nd Exchange Trade. I could explain that I've got family coming over to the house on Christmas Eve, and I'm driving the spouse and kids to Disneyland on the 26th..., so I really needed to wrap this puppy up, but I'm just going to admit that I'm weak. :D

Anyway, my 2nd Lichen Trade netted me 5 Lichen. I finished the Level 4 Stable upgrade, and have my reindeer trade cooking.

My reindeer is done, and I finished the Level 5 upgrade. Now I only have to collect from the Stable twice. There was some additional dialogue when the Level 5 upgrade was done, but I'm not sure if posting it would spoil it for those who are still finishing it..., so I'm just going to hold off.

By the way, just an fyi to those that are still cranking away on this..., when you perform the Level 4 upgrade, and if time is running short for you, and you can't do the 12 hour Royal Exchange to get the Reindeer, you can just purchase the Reindeer for 50 gems on the Stable Upgrade screen. I would only recommend doing that if you have less than 12 hours left. I do not know whether it matters if you start the Royal Exchange Trade with less than 12 hours remaining and if the Upgrade option remains after the timer disappears.

http://i44.tinypic.com/dolw13.jpg

labsandboxers
12-23-13, 05:41 PM
Just started my reindeer tonight. He will ready in the morn. Just a heads up to new players, try to always have as many things brewing, cooking or growing to have a stock pile put away. If you leave builds and plots not earning their keep. Then you are doing you self a disservice. Have fun everyone. I can't wait till morning for the little guy to arrive.

QueenCarolyn
12-23-13, 07:48 PM

I think the red mushroom circles drop way more glimmer dust. They also drop mushrooms. And they reset every 4 minutes. So you can collect and wait 5 min and collect again.

cityfan
12-23-13, 09:16 PM
How many gems is it to buy a magic fruit for the level 4 upgrade?
I only have 6 of them, so I can only do 1 trade...suspect it won't be enough.....

Triple_K
12-23-13, 10:28 PM
I need 11 more of the snow things so hopefully get that when I collect in the morning.
I was wondering if anyone else did not receive trade tickets when they did the planks part?
I only started getting trade tickets from doing the snow trade. Hope I finish in time since I have a next upgrade before the reindeer. I think its doable though.

CLOVERKAITO
12-23-13, 11:00 PM
Progress:

3rd inn collection: 3 snow
4th exchange collection: 12 snow
5th exchange collection: 8 snow

1st inn collection: 1 lichen
Next exchange collection: 3 hours, next inn collection: 19 hours

Still no gems spent. There is still 3 days left so I think I'm pretty safe at upgrading to level 5 before time's up.

Chopped another x'mas tree (because I got 125000 coins): wood, flour, builder's paste. Still no magic fruit...

ginrae22
12-24-13, 12:01 AM
Sounds like I'm the only one who is majorly behind in this ! I just feel like it's a very complicated string of quests that take a good amount of time and not so much time to complete them in. I mean 50 snow and 12 hours each trade ?' The wait times should have been less. I need more time ! I used gems to finish the last push for the inn and it wasn't honestly worth it in my book for one earth wisp every what 16 hours or something ? This I hope is more rewarding but I fear I'll never even get close to finishing it and that's with me collecting things and looking ahead to be prepared. Is anyone at all in the same boat that's so far behind ?! It's such a crazy time and so busy to be doing such a demanding quest. That's my opinion.

KadeeDid
12-24-13, 12:17 AM
How do you get apples? I only have 7. I don't think I have a tree.

CLOVERKAITO
12-24-13, 12:24 AM

My Sir Piggy drops them on an occasional basis.

cloudsail
12-24-13, 12:25 AM
Just sent off for my reindeer. Turns out I will be able to finish this in plenty of time. Only spent two gems for the snow part because I was only short one.

ghjvcucjb
12-24-13, 12:28 AM
How many gems is it to buy a magic fruit for the level 4 upgrade?
I only have 6 of them, so I can only do 1 trade...suspect it won't be enough.....

I was in the same boat. Only had enough fruit to do one trade and only got 3 lichen. Can't remember how much each fruit cost but when I worked out the math and time went with buying the last seven lichens instead. My reasoning is that you'll have to buy 5 fruit, wait 12 hours and chance not getting enough lichen, buying another 5 fruit, wait 12 hours and chance not having enough fruit again. Then buying another 5 fruit, wait 12 hours. I felt it was cheaper and faster to just outright buy the lichen and be done with it.

JayUK69
12-24-13, 02:54 AM
Visiting neighbours today, only 5 have completed this goal and about 80% are either still on level 1 or haven't even built it to that stage.

Seranda
12-24-13, 02:59 AM
I'm stuck at the Forever Snow upgrade. I have done the trade twice and only got 8 each time. I'm really hoping I can burn through the quests afterwards to finish in time. I even bought 8 snow with the gems I did have. I got stuck on not having enough living wood. Even doing the quest 3 times I wouldn't have gotten enough to finish. I need 9 so fingers crossed I get enough. I have 3 gems so I'll buy the last one if I need to so my inn will give me the next part I'll need. I sure hope I can finish in time! I do love reindeer!

minndom
12-24-13, 03:08 AM
I'm wondering whether to buy the remaining 4 truffles or 4 lichen. Most likely I'll end up buying the lichen - I have inn to collect from before I have all the carrots- and saving 12 hours there. Wow, A few days ago I didn't believe I'd this far.

anissada
12-24-13, 04:41 AM
I think the red mushroom circles drop way more glimmer dust. They also drop mushrooms. And they reset every 4 minutes. So you can collect and wait 5 min and collect again.

the old logs (3x to chop) also give besides wood, as bonus also glimmerdust, petal or mushrooms

ciarjen
12-24-13, 05:33 AM
Sounds like I'm the only one who is majorly behind in this ! I just feel like it's a very complicated string of quests that take a good amount of time and not so much time to complete them in. I mean 50 snow and 12 hours each trade ?' The wait times should have been less. I need more time ! I used gems to finish the last push for the inn and it wasn't honestly worth it in my book for one earth wisp every what 16 hours or something ? This I hope is more rewarding but I fear I'll never even get close to finishing it and that's with me collecting things and looking ahead to be prepared. Is anyone at all in the same boat that's so far behind ?! It's such a crazy time and so busy to be doing such a demanding quest. That's my opinion.

I stopped for a day because I thought this was just impossible but I got some gems from installs and decided to complete my unfinished inn and see how I get on.

I've got 22 snow with my third exchange due in 4 hours, I'll see what I get before I decide on whether to use gems to finish that upgrade.

I've had no truffles in the last couple of days from the pigs, so I need to check the numbers on those. I do have plenty of magic fruit though.

One thing I find very difficult with his game is keeping track on what stock I have and it seems with this quest you need to have all your stocks high. I find the inventory very un-user friendly. It would be more helpful to have everything on one page like in Dragon Story or at least have similar items grouped together.

KadeeDid
12-24-13, 08:46 AM
I am on Level 3 but only have 8 forever snow and need some more mushrooms and glimmerdust for the trade. I am stocked on cabbage and carrots, truffles etc. but only have 7 apples ( no tree). I am picking up company tomorrow. Should I just drop it? I don't like quitting. I missed the inn by a few hours. Was just waiting on last bit.

shambalaya
12-24-13, 08:54 AM
I am on Level 3 but only have 8 forever snow and need some more mushrooms and glimmerdust for the trade. I am stocked on cabbage and carrots, truffles etc. but only have 7 apples ( no tree). I am picking up company tomorrow. Should I just drop it? I don't like quitting. I missed the inn by a few hours. Was just waiting on last bit.

You basically need at least 7 more trades x 12 hrs, 4-5 to get forever snow, 2-3 to get polarian lichen and 1 for the reindeer. You just need to start the reindeer exchange before the timer runs out and don't bother about the cooling down quest. If you download all the christmas TL games and get all the unrelated baron gem quests you can buy an apple tree and pay gems for a few of the forever snow and lichens and manage to complete the quest in time.
It's up to you :-)

poppelia
12-24-13, 10:13 AM
I must say that TL solved the problems of the gems elegantly by giving so much opportunity to earn gems by downloading games. Thanks.

PikaSquirrel
12-24-13, 10:35 AM
Uh oh, didn't think about that. Hopefully NOT.

As mentioned before, all of these timed quests are optional so they will not affect your main storyline.

ciarjen
12-24-13, 10:49 AM
You basically need at least 7 more trades x 12 hrs, 4-5 to get forever snow, 2-3 to get polarian lichen and 1 for the reindeer. You just need to start the reindeer exchange before the timer runs out and don't bother about the cooling down quest. If you download all the christmas TL games and get all the unrelated baron gem quests you can buy an apple tree and pay gems for a few of the forever snow and lichens and manage to complete the quest in time.
It's up to you :-)

That's a great answer....helpful.

Do you mean that once you start the exchange to get the reindeer it doesn't matter even if the timer runs out, you can still place the reindeer and finish the quest?

sabrinashal
12-24-13, 11:06 AM
That's a great answer....helpful.

Do you mean that once you start the exchange to get the reindeer it doesn't matter even if the timer runs out, you can still place the reindeer and finish the quest?

yes.

because all you need to do is to complete level 5

that's all!

JayUK69
12-24-13, 11:18 AM
I only just noticed the reindeer's nose flashes/glows red.

ghjvcucjb
12-24-13, 11:35 AM
I must say that TL solved the problems of the gems elegantly by giving so much opportunity to earn gems by downloading games. Thanks.
I already thanked TL for the opportunity to earn gems a few pages ago but want to say it again. THANK YOU TL!

As mentioned before, all of these timed quests are optional so they will not affect your main storyline.

Thanks for the confirmation. I posted pretty much the same thing you stated on my neighbors' wall but it's nice to have it confirmed!

dizzy7373
12-24-13, 11:45 AM
Visiting neighbours today, only 5 have completed this goal and about 80% are either still on level 1 or haven't even built it to that stage.

I know we aren't neighbours but I bought the basic stable and then saw it needed troll essence.
I had 4 in my inventory and after 2 days of trying to get trolls and then trying to get essence I managed to get 3 more essence so I didn't bother progressing.
The annoying part is that I have plenty of magic fruit, sap etc, I would have breezed through the later levels, but troll essence is my kryptonite.
I will probably just buy the completed stable once it is released, much cheaper and less stressful than doing the goal.
If there had been no time limit then I would have just plodded along for a month or 2 to get this done.

vednir
12-24-13, 11:54 AM
I just placed my reindeer and now I have all of the options in the royal exchange to craft another reindeer, more lichen, more snow and more planks. Is this supposed to happen?

JayUK69
12-24-13, 12:05 PM
I know we aren't neighbours but I bought the basic stable and then saw it needed troll essence.
I had 4 in my inventory and after 2 days of trying to get trolls and then trying to get essence I managed to get 3 more essence so I didn't bother progressing.
The annoying part is that I have plenty of magic fruit, sap etc, I would have breezed through the later levels, but troll essence is my kryptonite.
I will probably just buy the completed stable once it is released, much cheaper and less stressful than doing the goal.
If there had been no time limit then I would have just plodded along for a month or 2 to get this done.

This quest was definitely aimed at long term players with well stocked inventory and those who purchases large amounts of gems. Had i not had all materials and used gems, there is no way I would have completed it on time. I will only have very limited access over Christmas, so needed it finished today. I had my second and final stable collection this afternoon. Just having it drop ice cream makes the sweet feast crafting that little bit easier.

PikaSquirrel
12-24-13, 12:06 PM
Once you have completed the whole questline, those options in the Royal Exchange will disappear as you do not need those items anymore.

JayUK69
12-24-13, 12:07 PM
I just placed my reindeer and now I have all of the options in the royal exchange to craft another reindeer, more lichen, more snow and more planks. Is this supposed to happen?

The exchanges are still present even after finishing the quest line.

JayUK69
12-24-13, 12:07 PM
Once you have completed the whole questline, those options in the Royal Exchange will disappear as you do not need those items anymore.

Mine were still showing as available, even after I had done the second and final collection from the stables, but they have gone now.

cloudsail
12-24-13, 12:33 PM
So the reindeer's name is Rini? I thought Rudolph was the only red-nosed reindeer!

jptheripper
12-24-13, 12:35 PM
its his long lost girl friend.

preinsko
12-24-13, 12:49 PM
It is really worth it buy a tree since a Tree drops every two hours. Get gems by installing linked games. Comes a time when you have to purchase additional resources. It really does pay off.

preinsko
12-24-13, 02:42 PM
The Christmas quest has been great for me. My Raindeer in in the trading house and will be ready around midnight. I have lots of gems from installing other games. thank you TL. I got my Knights hall for finishing the trials and tributes quest. Yep, pretty good Christmas if you ask me.
BTW I got 5 Polarian lichen for each trade and 1 from the Inn. Really lucky.

mymummy789
12-24-13, 02:46 PM
I would also like to say thank you TL - all those new games have enabled me to have my reindeer happily settled in her stable in time for Christmas :D

Merry Christmas to all my neighbours, and everyone else too. Off to have a couple of ipod free days now!!!

tigarlilyvol
12-24-13, 04:01 PM
My reindeer is in the stable also, having dinner with my son, daughter-in-law, and 3 year old grandson tonight, will cook dinner tomorrow for 12. All is right in my kingdom! Merry Christmas!

troubadours
12-24-13, 05:04 PM
Just sent out the reindeer exchange!!! Yes! I wasn't sure if I would be able to finish the quest in time since I really didn't have most of the materials stocked up, but with some determination (and a few alarms to wake up and collect the exchanges) it has totally been possible. I think I have spent less than 50 gems total to finish the last few planks, snowflakes, and lichens, which isn't so bad since TL has been offering so many game trials. I love the storyline and graphics in the game and it is unfortunate that a lot of players won't be seeing this segment due to the time limits- I would usually be out of town this time of year and there is no way I would have been able to finish it if my husband and I didn't decide to have a quiet Christmas.

1Murphy1
12-24-13, 05:33 PM
Dont waste any thing I just finished the reindeer .... Nothing registered . The clock is running out. Worst thing I used gems
To speed it up. Guess what nothing registers, and according to team lava ... They don't care.... Next day is Christmas , watch this ........don't wAste your money, they don't care!!!
S

gorgyboy
12-24-13, 07:19 PM
I don't know what just happened on my Ipod. I installed Bakery Story, came back to CS, and my game has been reset!!!
HELP!

midnightmeerkat
12-24-13, 07:22 PM
Dont waste any thing I just finished the reindeer .... Nothing registered . The clock is running out. Worst thing I used gems
To speed it up. Guess what nothing registers, and according to team lava ... They don't care.... Next day is Christmas , watch this ........don't wAste your money, they don't care!!!
S

Have you tried force closing and restarting the game, otherwise try deleting and reinstalling the game from itunes

oceans_of_time
12-24-13, 08:37 PM
Awww I don't think I'm going to make it. Just paid 22 gems and got 3 snowflake.

SpiritWind00
12-24-13, 09:16 PM
Awww I don't think I'm going to make it. Just paid 22 gems and got 3 snowflake.

Buy snow outright, it's only 2 gems, and much much cheaper then speeding up the exchange! You will get 5 Lichen from each exchange and if you've done all of the extra games to get gems, it is totally possible to finish this goal.

Merry Christmas everyone!

BriarAvenue
12-24-13, 09:45 PM
Question, can we have more than 1 reindeer? The trade is still available in the exchange.

gdmcrjunkie
12-24-13, 10:17 PM
Question, can we have more than 1 reindeer? The trade is still available in the exchange.

There was another thread discussing this - apparently if you do the reindeer trade again you'll get coins and a trade ticket. Shame, I'd love to get a friend for Rini!

my607
12-24-13, 10:39 PM
I didn't get 5 Lichen from each trade. So don't just assume everyone gets 5.

BriarAvenue
12-24-13, 11:02 PM
There was another thread discussing this - apparently if you do the reindeer trade again you'll get coins and a trade ticket. Shame, I'd love to get a friend for Rini!
Thanks! Happy holidays!

Spelletje1
12-24-13, 11:28 PM
Thanks! Happy holidays!

I have already one in my inventory and cannot do anything with it!

minndom
12-24-13, 11:28 PM
I just placed my reindeer in the stables. I ended up buying one architect's paste, 4 planks, about 40 snow flakes and 4 lichen.

Spelletje1
12-24-13, 11:30 PM
The Christmas quest has been great for me. My Raindeer in in the trading house and will be ready around midnight. I have lots of gems from installing other games. thank you TL. I got my Knights hall for finishing the trials and tributes quest. Yep, pretty good Christmas if you ask me.
BTW I got 5 Polarian lichen for each trade and 1 from the Inn. Really lucky.

Yes, thank you very much TL for the gems from installing other games!

arikasi
12-24-13, 11:41 PM
My account didn't get ANY of the baron popping up with quests to download, it only had the advertising square of the new game in the bottom left, and when I follow that to install it doesn't result in the subsequent gem quests :( So I guess not everyone gets the same offers.

CLOVERKAITO
12-25-13, 01:59 AM
Just saw a pop up ad in the game showing Winter White tree now for 10 gems, and Grand x'mas tree now for 30 gems... (66% off)

I wonder if I should finish this goal (plant 3 winter white tree and 1 grand x'mas tree)... it costs 60 gems now, will reward 30 gems... is it worth it? lol
The 25000 tree I chopped didn't really have super drops.

Progress:

Progress:

3rd inn collection: 3 snow
4th exchange collection: 12 snow
5th exchange collection: 8 snow
(ended up with 7 excess snow)

1st inn collection: 1 lichen
1st exchange collection: 4 lichen
2nd exchange collection: 4 lichen
2nd inn collection (skipped 23 minutes with 1 gem due to impatience): 1 lichen

Now crafting my reindeer in the exchange with 4 hours left! It seems I can upgrade to level 5 with only 1 gem spent! *gives self a pat on the back*

Unfortunately I did fall into a gem trap during this quest line, but fortunately it was only 4 gems (sped up crafting fancy beam).

After this one last exchange and upgrade, I can stop setting alarm clocks to wake myself up in the middle of the night, right at those 12 hours mark with exchanges... Yay quality sleep! So yay, it's still possible to complete this quest line without gems if you do have a significant amount of items pre-stocked and time...

4ral3
12-25-13, 02:37 AM
Ok, 3 days to go and, as expected, I'm stuck with only 3 magic fruits after the first exchange :( so now I have 4 lichens and 22 hrs before next collection from the Inn. Any suggestions on how to proceed? I guess my main concern is about the 16x2 hrs of cooling down time for the "collect twice" goal: do we really not need to complete that? Are we sure I'm not going to end up with a baby reindeer that can't grow up? 'Cause if we only need to complete the reindeer exchange in order to finish, then I can wait a little longer for the Inn or maybe even for the garden to give me more fruit and save on gems: I have about 500 now and I am finally SO close to the Alicorn!!

Please help with some good advice!

BriarAvenue
12-25-13, 03:45 AM
Ok, 3 days to go and, as expected, I'm stuck with only 3 magic fruits after the first exchange :( so now I have 4 lichens and 22 hrs before next collection from the Inn. Any suggestions on how to proceed? I guess my main concern is about the 16x2 hrs of cooling down time for the "collect twice" goal: do we really not need to complete that? Are we sure I'm not going to end up with a baby reindeer that can't grow up? 'Cause if we only need to complete the reindeer exchange in order to finish, then I can wait a little longer for the Inn or maybe even for the garden to give me more fruit and save on gems: I have about 500 now and I am finally SO close to the Alicorn!!

Please help with some good advice!

The reindeer I got seems to be it. But may be it is, the antlers are not that branchy.
But there are still 3 days on my timer.
I actually hv to spend gems to get the 5th magic fruit for my 1st lichen trade,
But the 1st collection gave me 4 lichens, so I just finished the 4th upgrade with 72 gems and spent the 12 hours on trading for the reindeer itself. Hope that my neighbors can finish in time this round n a Merry Christmas for all!

BriarAvenue
12-25-13, 03:54 AM
My experience is trolls from coin collection buildings, gems shop, n glimmer fruit crops, glimmers troves
Fang beast from strawberries crop, chicken or cow collections,
Skunks from corn, wheat n sugar cane and Iceland poppies collections.

sabbywabbys
12-25-13, 03:58 AM
Managed to finish with 3 days left. The magic fruit trade only had to do it once got 4 first time and 5 the second. +1 from inn. Used a couple gems overall but not too much to worry about! I may have freaked out too soon thinking it wasnt possible but it was! I hope all that stress was worth it. Also FINALLY got the blade of light this morning after over 10 adventures to the glimmergate so im super excited to be one step closer to building greseldas castle!

Questhaven
12-25-13, 04:20 AM
Merry Christmas to all! Thank you TL for the game installs. My reindeer is in the exchange. I am a huge Rudolph fan so I really wanted this one. I was doable with the free gems. Again Merry Christmas and happy new year to all. 🎁

girufel
12-25-13, 06:53 AM
My account didn't get ANY of the baron popping up with quests to download, it only had the advertising square of the new game in the bottom left, and when I follow that to install it doesn't result in the subsequent gem quests :( So I guess not everyone gets the same offers.

You need to install the game and play a few levels. Then go back to CS and play. After a few minutes the Baron tells you to collect from a coin building.

Kwackers
12-25-13, 07:13 AM
Agree with mymummy789. Thank you so much TL. You have come up trumps. Reindeer is great addition to kingdom. Gems from other games were much appreciated.

moon331
12-25-13, 07:14 AM
Did anyone get new game promotion today?

I just received my lovely reindeer. Feel so happy that I could finish in time!

KadeeDid
12-25-13, 07:47 AM
Is it 3 gems total or 3 gems per snowflake?

tigarlilyvol
12-25-13, 08:32 AM
Three for each one.

mjauuuu
12-25-13, 09:03 AM
For me in the beginning this felt like an impossible task in such a short amount of time given but I was proven wrong. I'm now looking forward to having this wonderful addition in my kingdom and the design is extremely detailed and pretty. I love it! I have spent 12 gems so far in this quest and it will definitely have been worth it. Thank you TL! This game really deserves more praise because it's without doubt THE BEST of all TL games IMHO. Oh, and Merry christmas everybody!!:)

kooky panda
12-25-13, 09:53 AM
Did anyone get new game promotion today?

I did ! 100 gems
15 lanterns
50 Trade Tickets

moon331
12-25-13, 10:12 AM
I did ! 100 gems
15 lanterns
50 Trade Tickets

Thank you! This is the value pack. I bought value pack twice. This one isn't very interesting.

cloudsail
12-25-13, 10:22 AM
Wow, first collection from stable got two ice creams. This is really going to help with sweet feast. I'm going to keep trying for that burning ember!

olcastle
12-25-13, 01:55 PM
Ok, 3 days to go and, as expected, I'm stuck with only 3 magic fruits after the first exchange :( so now I have 4 lichens and 22 hrs before next collection from the Inn. Any suggestions on how to proceed? I guess my main concern is about the 16x2 hrs of cooling down time for the "collect twice" goal: do we really not need to complete that?

I really hope that the last goal is not necessary for the Reindeer like it was not needed for the Inn and Glimmerbat.
I won't have time for completing it because I didn't have enough Magic fruit too and lost couple days waiting for them from Magic garden.
Spent 2 million coins chopping Christmas trees and found 1 magic fruit.

eastie41
12-25-13, 01:58 PM
Hi Aggwynn,

Just finished my reindeer and he is adorable. The quest line certainly kept me busy! The stable and the Inn are both are cute addition to CS. Please pass on to your colleagues that many of us really appreciate the in-game offers to download other games and receive gems. The new value pack is great, too. Merry Christmas :cool:

BriarAvenue
12-25-13, 04:16 PM
How come the reindeer in the stable looks different from the one in the trading option?
The horns are different. The one in the trading option is more cute.

CLOVERKAITO
12-25-13, 07:11 PM
Got my reindeer! Only had to spend 1 gem during this quest! I'm actually pretty impressed with myself =D I think there is still enough time to do the two collections but I don't want to wake up at 4am to collect from the stable, so I'll just leave it be. :o

Merry x'mas everyone!

(I also bought the trees to complete the x'mas tree quest line, since I only had to spend 1 gem for Rini I do have 30 spare gems for the trees)

CLOVERKAITO
12-25-13, 07:16 PM
Is it 3 gems total or 3 gems per snowflake?

I think it's 2 gems per snowflake.

At this point if you are still far behind on this quest, it might be cheaper to just buy the finished building later (probably gonna be 200 gems?) when it is released.

maz3girl
12-25-13, 07:20 PM
This was a hard one for me with I ended up buying $10 worth of gems (and downloading pretty much every app for additional gems that I could lol). It's been a very busy few days but it is def really cute when all finished.

rosepetal58
12-25-13, 07:41 PM
You have too much stuff that takes too long to grow and make even for players with stash. With it being Christmas, 8 days is not long enough. I have started this, but I am going to quit, because getting 2 forever snows that take 12 hours is ridiculous. I am not going to spend a fortune on this quest just to complete it. So, if you wanted extra money for this escapade I am not giving it up. Merry Christmas and may you not rip off many people this glorious season. I think the timer should be taken off this as a gesture of good will for all your players of the game. This could be a customer appreciation to all players.

ambergryphon
12-25-13, 11:33 PM
Never going to finish this with garden items needing 16 hours to 1 day to grow. that and the truffles make this an almost impossible task with only 2 days left. thanks

sumnerrain
12-26-13, 01:02 AM
This may be what ends up ruining the game for me. I am tired of wasting time and valuable resources of rare items to try to build an item that is impossible to finish without spending gems. I am sick and tired of having to store half finished buildings.

hidinout
12-26-13, 01:22 AM
I've had TWO troll essence drops in TWO weeks. I was noticing the lack of troll essence drops starting just a few days before this goal came out. Since the goal came out, I've only had those two. So I'm still stuck at trying to upgrade to level 2 of the stable! Obviously it won't be possible to finish this goal in time. :(

Really TL? You swear you don't affect item drops but my game play hasn't changed one bit and I used to be able to get enough troll essence to keep up with every other day desert adventures. Until a few days before this goal comes out that was.

FYI for those who attempt to invite me, I play Castle Story under a different ID.

rosewaterlily
12-26-13, 02:04 AM
I haven't spent a single gem on the stable goal and will collect from the reindeer stable for the second time in the afternoon to complete the quest (with assistance from twelve hour alarms to collect from my exchange). However this goal definitely would have been impossible if the list of things to do hadn't been posted on the forum so I knew to hoard truffles and living wood and grow cabbage ahead of time, so cheers to our gem skippers who post the instructions. Can't imagine any non-forum players finishing the goal without using gems.

dala12
12-26-13, 04:28 AM
Almost done! Just waiting for the 12hrs that is needed for Rudolph...the reindeer.i spent only gems to finish the white stones I was running out of time and had only 13 blue fruit. So I am glad that I did not listen to some of the players. It is possible to do it! And that is why I want to thank Team Lava and wish you all a very merry Christmas!

4ral3
12-26-13, 05:55 AM
I ended up spending quite a few gems for the lichens, (I regularly do magic fruit energy exchange and was completely out) but I got many of those off the "collect from any building" goals so I'm happy and now waiting for my Rini to breed: she'll be ready by 4pm :))))))))))

Btw, I'm both happy and mad about the "collect from stable twice" goal not needed in order to complete the quest: I spent about 50 gems on the Inn quest just to speed up the collection time!! :((( Forums are so useful indeed: had I checked it for the previous quests I wouldn't have made that mistake!

Thanks to TL for a great quest and Merry Xmas to you all :D

labsandboxers
12-26-13, 07:03 AM
I agree with some of the above comments. I am forever grateful to the form for posting the requirements. I finished Rini yesterday. Thanks for those who post ahead for helping everyone to look ahead.

dearchloe
12-26-13, 07:37 AM
I am so disappointed about the two xmas mission lines
it's too short and expired now.:(

mommeeof4
12-26-13, 07:54 AM
Just so I am understanding this correctly, right now I am doing the 12 hr exchange for the reindeer. Once that is finished, which it should be with about 6 hrs left in the quest, I am safe? There is no need for me to speed up the collection times to finish the quest? My reindeer or stable won't disappear or anything crazy like that? Thanks!

MiniLaura
12-26-13, 08:15 AM
Just so I am understanding this correctly, right now I am doing the 12 hr exchange for the reindeer. Once that is finished, which it should be with about 6 hrs left in the quest, I am safe? There is no need for me to speed up the collection times to finish the quest? My reindeer or stable won't disappear or anything crazy like that? Thanks!
They won't disappear. The only consequence is that you will not be able to finish the last bit of the quest line unless you use gems to speed up the stable (probably not worth it). You could also choose to skip the goal (10 gems to skip), which would allow you to "complete" the quest line, but would not give the reward for the last goal. (Which means you would not get 310 coins and 2 XP.)

mjauuuu
12-26-13, 08:17 AM
I'm now waiting for my reindeer to arrive. I'm so excited!! Thanks to all you awesome guys and gals for posting requirements here on the forum. It was because of you that I was able to have all the materials done beforehand and therefore also being able to finish this quest in time.:) Can't wait for the new years quest to kick off!

mommeeof4
12-26-13, 08:42 AM
They won't disappear. The only consequence is that you will not be able to finish the last bit of the quest line unless you use gems to speed up the stable (probably not worth it). You could also choose to skip the goal (10 gems to skip), which would allow you to "complete" the quest line, but would not give the reward for the last goal. (Which means you would not get 310 coins and 2 XP.)
Great, thanks for the clarification!

jptheripper
12-26-13, 09:19 AM
I've had TWO troll essence drops in TWO weeks. I was noticing the lack of troll essence drops starting just a few days before this goal came out. Since the goal came out, I've only had those two. So I'm still stuck at trying to upgrade to level 2 of the stable! Obviously it won't be possible to finish this goal in time. :(

Really TL? You swear you don't affect item drops but my game play hasn't changed one bit and I used to be able to get enough troll essence to keep up with every other day desert adventures. Until a few days before this goal comes out that was.

FYI for those who attempt to invite me, I play Castle Story under a different ID.

Really? Between collecting from mushrooms, cabbage, etc.. I seem to get two to three trolls every few hours . My last 40 energy I got four?

lycopodium
12-26-13, 11:40 AM
Was anyone able to complete this quest without spending a bucketful of gems? This is ridiculous!

cloudsail
12-26-13, 12:42 PM
I would also like to thank everyone who sped up with gems then came here to post all the requirements for us. Without you guys a lot of people would not have been able to finish this quest. I myself only spent two gems, and I could probably have finished without spending any if I was more patient.

ghjvcucjb
12-26-13, 12:43 PM
Was anyone able to complete this quest without spending a bucketful of gems? This is ridiculous!

There's a few posts that said they only spent a few gems, less than 10.

I spent 4 & 2 gems to finish exchanges that were ending around 3am and 1 am. That way I could start another exchange before bed. I also had to buy 7 lichens (not sure how much they were each but vaguely remember it was over 40 gems total) because I didn't have any more magic fruit after the first exchange that only netted me 3 lichens. So all together under 60 gems total. After thinking long and hard about it, I felt that anything under 100 gems for cheap compared to the outright cost of many of the specialty buildings and animals. Then two days ago TL started providing opportunities to download and try out other games and those more than adequately provided enough gems for this goal for my circumstances.

It seems to me, and this is just my opinion, that at the very end of each goal, when you think you can't get it done, the drop rates increase, gem opportunities pop up, sales appear, just in time. So I always tell myself to try each goal and pretty sure at the eleventh hour something good happens. Same with the Xmas tree goal which I though was going to be the first goal I didn't accomplish. Last minute it went on sale and I was able to get my last three trees.

jptheripper
12-26-13, 12:51 PM
same here.

BriarAvenue
12-26-13, 12:59 PM
Would have been better if the lights at the stable we're sparkling, to match the reindeer's nose.

vednir
12-26-13, 01:18 PM

I finished using 1 gem to speed up a collection so I could head out for an appointment on time. But I also had stockpiles of everything including magic fruit because I stopped doing those trades about a month and a half ago anticipating something like this would happen (around the time the Thanksgiving time-limited harvet pergola nonsense started).

Unfortunately that's the way to play the game going forward. Stockpile everything, keep everything at 99 and as soon as you use something replenish the stocks.

MBRBTBRB
12-26-13, 02:44 PM
I'm now waiting for my reindeer to arrive. I'm so excited!! Thanks to all you awesome guys and gals for posting requirements here on the forum. It was because of you that I was able to have all the materials done beforehand and therefore also being able to finish this quest in time.:) Can't wait for the new years quest to kick off!
Seconded!

CLOVERKAITO
12-26-13, 02:53 PM

I only spent 1 gem to speed up something (because I couldn't wait 23 minutes - as I otherwise won't be able to go online for another 5 hours) and now I do have Rini in the stable. I won't be able to do the second 16 hours collection part tonight as I don't plan to take my iPad mini to work anymore (it's a bit stressful to keep watching my purse like a hawk - I only bring $20 & phone to work with me and that fits in my pocket; the iPad mini doesn't, and everything else in my purse is food, water, medication, notebook, hand cream etc), and the quest line timer ends before I get home from work. It's too bad; I wanted to read what they were gonna say after the 2nd collection! =P

To be honest, if it weren't for the forum players who graciously posted all the requirements up ahead of time, I definitely wouldn't have been able to finish the stable. When I saw the cabbage, carrots, truffles, magic fruits etc, I immediately checked my inventory to see what I need to plant ahead of time / start hoarding and plan my schedule accordingly. Had I not brought my iPad mini to work, I wouldn't have been able to do those 12 hours exchange collections in a timely manner (ex. during meal breaks) as I work 12 hours a day, so without bringing the iPad to work I'd only be able to collect once a day, making the quest line impossible to finish on time unless using a lot of gems. So a GREAT THANK YOU to those who were generous and posted the requirements up ahead of time for all of us. Merry x'mas to you all! :o

PJColley
12-26-13, 02:55 PM

I have 2 kingdoms, and it doesn't look as if I'm going to finish the quest in either kingdom. And I had been stockpiling everything in one of the kingdoms. I have literally sat all day, and most of the night, with my iPad and iPhone in my hand or lap to just be able to get as far as I have. At least I'm at the point where I can store the unfinished stables, and they won't be an eyesore just sitting there! The Inn and the Reindeer quests have both been ridiculously time consuming!!

rosewaterlily
12-26-13, 03:13 PM
I just finished my second collection from the reindeer stable and completed the goal with no gems used, so it is possible. I did 3x planks, 5x snow, 2x lichen trades and collected precisely every 12 hours). I did sacrifice a normal sleeping schedule to be able to collect on time and to make all the living wood and collect all the truffles I needed though. And none of it would have been possible if I hadn't know to collect the necessary items ahead of time thanks to the forum players who posted the instructions here. Also for the future I am stocking up on at least fifty of all raw materials ahead of time instead of using them up to make stuff. Not using up my living wood for ornate beams anymore (have fifty of those stockpiled anyway), and the baron is going to go hungry from now on!

cityfan
12-26-13, 03:57 PM
I just finished putting Rini in her stables.....won't have time to do the last part of the quest, just like last time with the Inn, but it doesn't matter.

Thanks once again to those who posted requirements to the forum.....couldn't have done it without you :)

anappletree
12-26-13, 04:01 PM
I am so pissed about this quest. It is the quests that make the game so much fun, but when you have such ridiculous material requirements it makes it near impossible. I have two kingdoms and was unable to finish either one. My newer kingdom would not drop any troll essence! It took me 4 days to complete level 3, and I had all of the other materials. FRUSTRATING! I used to love this game and thought it was brilliant, but now I think team lava is a bunch of JERKS!

dubbleyooteeyef
12-26-13, 07:55 PM
I just finished putting Rini in her stables.....won't have time to do the last part of the quest, just like last time with the Inn, but it doesn't matter.

Thanks once again to those who posted requirements to the forum.....couldn't have done it without you :)

Same here -

on the inn as well i think

what do we miss out on?

dave8459
12-26-13, 08:01 PM
I agree about the short time limits for these adventures. I have an unfinished bat habitat, unfinished pergola, unfinished inn (where do you get the column blueprint) an I will soon have an unfinished reindeer stable. I just saw what we need to get the reindeer. Two of two different kinds of feasts!?! are you kidding me? The polarian snow requiring tons of living wood was ridiculous (how come water was not an ingredient). Also the polarian planks didn't have wood as an ingredient. Come on, you are just making this stuff impossible to get so we have to spend gems to finish them. This is really starting to irritate me.

PJColley
12-26-13, 08:03 PM
I am so pissed about this quest. It is the quests that make the game so much fun, but when you have such ridiculous material requirements it makes it near impossible. I have two kingdoms and was unable to finish either one. My newer kingdom would not drop any troll essence! It took me 4 days to complete level 3, and I had all of the other materials. FRUSTRATING! I used to love this game and thought it was brilliant, but now I think team lava is a bunch of JERKS!
I don't know about TL being a bunch of jerks, but I definitely agree with you on the rest of it. Sounds like my exact experience. And players of these games should not have to disrupt a normal sleeping schedule, to just be able to successfully play a game! That is ridiculous!