PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story: 12/19/2013 Update -Reindeer Stable

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

Cesar49
12-20-13, 05:01 AM
No, you're not. I just completed the first 12 hour exchange. Got 4 planks, no trade ticket. As far as I'm concerned that's it for this quest. If you do a trade of ANY kind then you should get a ticket, apart from when you exchange the trade tickets themselves for building materials or an expansion permit.

Whoops! Thought I did 'reply with quote' for the above. Anyway it was in response to traxle's post 252.

mrbinky
12-20-13, 05:15 AM
My only issue now is that I did buy the building, but haven't built it yet and can't store or sell it. So am I going to have to waste precious materials (builders paste, ouch!!) to get rid of a building site? If so, perhaps every kingdom needs a building site ;).

Good luck to everyone who is doing this quest.Same here - it's very disappointing to have to waste precious materials simply in order to store it. If we could sell it, even at a fraction of the price I'd be happy, just to not have it in my inventory or board.

This one isn't for me. I'm almost level 26 but would have no hope of getting anywhere near all the stuff needed.

EDITED to add: I didn't know about the drag an unbuilt building thing people mentioned this last page or two. Yet another waste. Still, thanks everyone for letting me know to get out sooner rather than later. This one's not for me.

wedgegirl
12-20-13, 05:24 AM
It baffles me, if they took the time element away, we would all be happy, those of us who wanted to part with our Gems to speed things up or skip certain elements would.

jtm101
12-20-13, 05:36 AM
Just a tip. If any of you have purchased the building and decided afterwards you do not want to waste your stock with this quest, you can sell your unbuilt building. Simply drag it into the woods where it should give you the option to sell.

Unfortunately this doesnt seem to work, ive tried repeatedly. I have an unbuilt theatre which seems to work this way though. I may have to just lose the parts and build it just to sell this abomination.

my607
12-20-13, 05:43 AM
I don't think this quest should be timed everything takes so long to craft. TL you should changed it to no time quest. I think TL wants us to buy gems and skip .

mymummy789
12-20-13, 05:48 AM
I only got 4 planks from my first exchange, and don't have enough troll essence to do another one. Definitely looks like this is going to be the first quest I don't finish :(

sabrinashal
12-20-13, 05:55 AM
I don't think this quest should be timed everything takes so long to craft. TL you should changed it to no time quest. I think TL wants us to buy gems and skip .

they just need to give more days and everything will be ok

there is not even one person here that will be against it .....

TEAMLAVA just change the deadline and add a few more days or make it timeless quest

kooky panda
12-20-13, 06:02 AM
No, you're not. I just completed the first 12 hour exchange. Got 4 planks, no trade ticket. As far as I'm concerned that's it for this quest. If you do a trade of ANY kind then you should get a ticket, apart from when you exchange the trade tickets themselves for building materials or an expansion permit.
I noticed I did get any trade tickets either. I am going to check to see if this is by design.

traxle
12-20-13, 06:06 AM
Kooky panda, is your name, by chance, holly?

vitriolicheart
12-20-13, 06:07 AM
they just need to give more days and everything will be ok

there is not even one person here that will be against it .....

TEAMLAVA just change the deadline and add a few more days or make it timeless quest

Agreed. The others have been hard but this is next to impossible.

esmerelda35
12-20-13, 06:13 AM
I only got 4 planks from my first exchange, and don't have enough troll essence to do another one. Definitely looks like this is going to be the first quest I don't finish :(

I only got **three** planks from my first exchange and I too don't have enough troll essence to do any more. Those darn desert adventures trying to find burning ember! I am having grave difficulty summoning any more trolls, despite collecting from spires/towers quickly, glimmer bulbs, mushrooms, chopping rocks , etc. the few I've summoned have dropped only one essence.
Even assuming I somehow suddenly go on a troll essence rampage, I am out when we get to the magic fruit part, as I gave always done the magic fruit trade as soon as I collected six magic fruit, and have never stock piled the magic fruit (obviously a mistake).
I do love this game, and have made the other timed quests with relative ease, and without spending gems, but this one is without a doubt impossible for me. If it wasn't such a shortly timed quest I would plug away at it, but it is literally impossible for me (maybe not others) to do, especially over the holidays where I would actually like to spend time with family!

kooky panda
12-20-13, 06:29 AM
Hey guys, thanks for all the constructive feedback on the timeframe for this quest. I am going to try and make a plea to the community managers to see if TL will consider extending the
time frame, or at least increasing the drop rate.
The magic fruit is a tough one since we only get one every 22 hours.
I will also ask if maybe the magic fruit can drop from something else.

No promises, but it is worth a shot! (that little reindeer is soooo cute!)

kooky panda
12-20-13, 06:30 AM
Kooky panda, is your name, by chance, holly?
nope :)

manu90ela
12-20-13, 06:34 AM
nobody knows how many gems the lichens cost? :(
i would like to know, because thats the part I would have to buy with gems, if I decide to do this goal...
because like so many others I always did the magic fruit trade as soon as I had 6 fruits.... BIG MISTAKE... bit I would never ever have expected that TL would be so mean to ask magic fruits ina time limited quest... and then so many..... :p

manu90ela
12-20-13, 06:41 AM
and of course thanks to my bad luck I did my last magic fruit trade.... guess when.... a few hours before the quest started.... grrrr

Spelletje1
12-20-13, 06:47 AM
and of course thanks to my bad luck I did my last magic fruit trade.... guess when.... a few hours before the quest started.... grrrr

me too!

kooky panda
12-20-13, 06:52 AM
nobody knows how many gems the lichens cost? :(
i would like to know, because thats the part I would have to buy with gems, if I decide to do this goal...
because like so many others I always did the magic fruit trade as soon as I had 6 fruits.... BIG MISTAKE... bit I would never ever have expected that TL would be so mean to ask magic fruits ina time limited quest... and then so many..... :p

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y416/kookypanda99/6C492CFC-6CFD-471D-8037-33DD12C1E53F_zpset0klqt6.png (http://s1273.photobucket.com/user/kookypanda99/media/6C492CFC-6CFD-471D-8037-33DD12C1E53F_zpset0klqt6.png.html)
http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y416/kookypanda99/4A7A09C0-8813-4BD6-844A-EACA0E139310_zpsmktythux.png (http://s1273.photobucket.com/user/kookypanda99/media/4A7A09C0-8813-4BD6-844A-EACA0E139310_zpsmktythux.png.html)

youbugme
12-20-13, 06:52 AM
Hey guys, thanks for all the constructive feedback on the timeframe for this quest. I am going to try and make a plea to the community managers to see if TL will consider extending the
time frame, or at least increasing the drop rate.
The magic fruit is a tough one since we only get one every 22 hours.
I will also ask if maybe the magic fruit can drop from something else.

No promises, but it is worth a shot! (that little reindeer is soooo cute!)

Never hurts to ask!
Thank you!

kermodie
12-20-13, 06:55 AM
Uh - I may be wrong here but are you reading the actual goal carefully? It only says upgrade the stables to level 2. You may be jumping to conclusions that you need to upgrade though to level 5 within the 7 days. Could a moderator check this out?

8theSniper
12-20-13, 06:59 AM
This quest... It's so obvious that it's not doable without gems, I give up. I don't the items, RL money or time to do this. Good luck to you guys who are doing it.

traxle
12-20-13, 07:02 AM
Ahhh, well anyway I like ur "enjoy the holly days" sign

Questhaven
12-20-13, 07:15 AM
Okay. Now I am sad. I just did an inventory and well I don't Think I will get a reindeer for Christmas and it is what I always wanted. The red dye was the straw for me. It took me a month to get my last red petal requirement. I was so excited about this quest but even with my gems and a gem purchase (which was planning but changed my mind) is not doable for me.

My Christmas wish is that TL would make gem prices psychologically doable. The prices are so crazy that you just can't buy them unless there is a sale. I would spend much more each month if prices started at .99 and 1.99. When you see 4.99 - 99.99 for gems, I makes you not want to buy because it is overpriced. Just a little marketing strategy....

Questhaven
12-20-13, 07:21 AM
Okay now how if you get rid of the stable? I tried dragging. I can't sell or store mine. Depressing little thing.

girufel
12-20-13, 07:29 AM
Can I store/sell the building after the first upgrade? How is everyone else going to deal with their building sites?
I have no idea what to do it, but my builder's pastes were too hard to make to waste on an upgrade that will go into storage.

I'll put mine into storage beside the unfinished harvest pergola.

Questhaven
12-20-13, 07:30 AM
I can't. I tried to store or sell. It's grayed out.

Btw TL I would totally do this and wilingly
spend gems if it wasn't timed. Or if it started on dec 1st and we had until Christmas to get a reindeer. Oh well maybe next year.

girufel
12-20-13, 07:31 AM
Okay now how if you get rid of the stable? I tried dragging. I can't sell or store mine. Depressing little thing.

You have to build it up to the first upgrade. Then you can store it.

Petasos
12-20-13, 08:03 AM
So I noticed that the Harvest Pergola and Kingdom Inn are both for sale for 200 gems in the market. Would is not be far cheaper to just purchase the building after the quest expires? Has anyone bought one of the two gem buildings? Is it fully upgraded when placed or do you have to go through the upgrade process as you do with the quests? My guess is that they are fully upgraded as you cannot get the materials to upgrade them anymore.

Any thoughts on this strategy?

Also can you have two or more of any of those buildings? Some of the drops of the stable look to be interesting.

gtz971
12-20-13, 08:06 AM
This quest is crazy! Tl, Are you guys out of your mind? All the step require rare drop material. 30 Truffle and 5 magic fruit for one trade? Just 5 fruit will takes about 5 days! Truffle may need longer. How many people will be able to finish this quest? This is Christmas!

gtz971
12-20-13, 08:17 AM
nope :)

Most people won't be able to finish the quest, unless they give us more time. A lot of people just used their truffles in the new recipe. And this trade need 20.

kermodie
12-20-13, 08:23 AM
Uh - I may be wrong here but are you reading the actual goal carefully? It only says upgrade the stables to level 2. You may be jumping to conclusions that you need to upgrade though to level 5 within the 7 days. Could a moderator check this out?

:confused: can someone check this before people give up on this goal?

Questhaven
12-20-13, 08:30 AM

Please let us know on this.

Petasos
12-20-13, 08:33 AM
The Kingdom Inn had a total timeline which spanned every upgrade. There is no reason to believe that this quest is any different. Certainly is worth checking out as this seems impossible without gem purchasing.

dragoniakingdom
12-20-13, 08:33 AM

I think it will be like the Kingdom Inn,in that it only shows the quest level you are working on. Once that part is finished you move onto the next one,but the timer is still ticking down until you reach the completion stage level 5.

I would love it to be only to level 2 as level 5 in the time we have been given is near impossible unless you have an abundance of gems to speed up the process.

my607
12-20-13, 08:39 AM
It won't hurt trying to ask. Yes, I used a lot of magic fruit trying to get permits and I only have 4. Thanks Kooky . Eight days is a close call. I also entered the sweepstake that's why I'm low on things too. TL please listen to us players few days is all we ask for.

echo1996
12-20-13, 08:50 AM
My first exchange only drops 3 planks, it will take at least 3 exchanges for me. That's almost 2 days alone. I start to worry about this quest for the first time. But I still like the quest and the challenge. I will try it no matter what.

TastyCakeBakery
12-20-13, 09:03 AM
It sure would be nice to have a gem sale about now... Just sayin.

infinitelove19
12-20-13, 09:30 AM
Well, I definitely won't be getting the reindeer on my old iPad - I just got my first faerie the other day & don't have the magic garden.

I am pretty well set on my main game, have over 50 magic fruit... might have some trouble with the truffles as I only have a couple special piggies. Definitely feel like we need some concession from TL, whether increasing the time, increasing the drop rates or decreasing the requirements. Even the sheer quantity of builder's & architect's paste could take days to make from scratch! So glad I didn't buy the cathedral (?) I was prepping architect's pastes for!

Off to send another trade. *fingers crossed*

jessicattt
12-20-13, 09:31 AM
This is really gonna take a while to complete! I didn't manage to get to level 5 with the Inn... I really hope I can complete this quest!

preinsko
12-20-13, 09:36 AM
I got 5 plank drop from first exchange + 1 plank from the Inn. Total 6 with 4 to go.

minndom
12-20-13, 09:54 AM
Ok, this looks hopeless for me. I had only three regular glues in stock and have to craft everything else. :( I'm on level 1, and don't think there is enough time to get all the needed resources before the time runs out.

jimboser
12-20-13, 09:59 AM
I got 5 plank drop from first exchange + 1 plank from the Inn. Total 6 with 4 to go.

Same here! For now, I'm still hopeful. I've managed to battle a few trolls and have a bit more Troll Essence now, I should be OK on this phase. Hopefully the quantity of drops will be manageable for the next levels.

For those that are thinking the 7 days applies only to Level 2, I seriously doubt that, but it would be a pleasant surprise if that were the case.

This is the only goal I am working on at the moment, between waiting for planks, and trying to trigger trolls. All else is on hold.

Castloninian
12-20-13, 10:06 AM
I think it will be like the Kingdom Inn,in that it only shows the quest level you are working on. Once that part is finished you move onto the next one,but the timer is still ticking down until you reach the completion stage level 5.

I would love it to be only to level 2 as level 5 in the time we have been given is near impossible unless you have an abundance of gems to speed up the process.

Yes, I imagine that to do those special trades will disappear from the Royal Exchange once the times runs out? If not, you could work this at your own pace.

joneill12345
12-20-13, 10:16 AM
Aaaaaand I just got 1 plank from my exchange. 1. From the exchange (not the inn). Obviously team lava is the best </sarcasm>. :mad:

echo1996
12-20-13, 10:36 AM
Aaaaaand I just got 1 plank from my exchange. 1. From the exchange (not the inn). Obviously team lava is the best </sarcasm>. :mad:

Oops, I used to think 3 planks are the lowest number the exchange can drop. You made it even worse. I guess I have to adjust my time table again.

my607
12-20-13, 10:40 AM
This sounds worse and worse. My biggest problem is magic fruit. I think the magic garden needs to drop like 6 or more fruit for us. Or not have us wait sooo long for them. This goal should be intime so we can all do the quest and enjoy the holidays.

HistoryGirl7
12-20-13, 10:57 AM
I'm really hoping TL will modify this whole thing.

asna12345
12-20-13, 11:01 AM
TL please give us some more time:(

judyvines
12-20-13, 11:02 AM
I only received 12 forever snow on my first collection. Since it needs 50, that will mean 5 trades are needed. That is two and one half days. Hopefully the next trade will drop more than 12. If not, I'll never get this done, and I have all the materials needed.

caiaxoxo
12-20-13, 11:02 AM
This quest would be so much fun if we had an extra week to complete it. It's completely unfair at this point that the only way to finish it is to spend hundreds of gems. TL, where's your giving holiday spirit? I think the grinch may have taken over at the TL headquarters.

vednir
12-20-13, 11:23 AM
TL wants you to spend money. Your call if you want the stables by paying them or not.

HistoryGirl7
12-20-13, 11:24 AM
I try to never complain....this game really helps me get through the days while being sick. First time I've been truly and utterly disappointed with TL. I hope they hear our pleas...maybe they made a mistake in programming. I'm hoping so.

eepopp
12-20-13, 11:25 AM
I got 4 planks from the Exchange (and no trade ticket either). So with the single plank I got from my Inn, I now have a total of 5 planks after 12 hours (after I started playing this quest line). Hopefully my next Inn and Exchange collections will net me 5 more, so that I can make the Level 2 upgrade by 12pm Pacific, Friday.

I'm going to try and see how far I can get, but I know for sure I'm not going to finish this within the time limit.

While the 50 Snow thingies concern me a little, it's the Magic Fruit that is going to kick me down flat.

On my 2nd Inn collection, I got 1 plank. On my 2nd Royal Exchange, I got 4 planks.

So in 24 hours, I got 10 planks. If I didn't have the Inn, I probably would have needed 36 hours to upgrade my Inn to Level 2.

ghjvcucjb
12-20-13, 11:25 AM
me too!

Me three! Only three planks from exchange, no ticket.

But my goal stopper is the magic fruit. Always doing the trade the very day I have enough.

My other problem and another first, too much energy. Can't use my exchange while crafting planks so maxed on milk, eggs, bacon, water, fish etc so can't gather anything. Afraid to make any feast for fear of not having enough carrots etc the second I need them. So a ton of energy sitting there not being used and it's driving my OCD insane!

crystalfire2000
12-20-13, 11:29 AM
You and me both, with Christmas around the corner it won't happen for me. Hate to miss it as I really wanted the reindeer. Won't even be starting it. 😪

eepopp
12-20-13, 11:36 AM
guys i need pics of level 3-5 if you got any

post them and i will add them to the post

Here are the pictures for upgrading the stable to Level 3:

http://i43.tinypic.com/jkhtlf.jpg

http://i43.tinypic.com/15507pi.jpg

Queenzod
12-20-13, 11:40 AM
So I just upgraded and now working on level 3. The forever snow is 2 gems per piece, but I don't know how many you get from the exchange. It only took me two exchanges for 11 planks. Not too bad!

my607
12-20-13, 11:45 AM
I just got 3 plank from exchange and 1 plank from inn. The drop rate for plank should be more than 3 and it's a time quest too.

judyvines
So I just upgraded and now working on level 3. The forever snow is 2 gems per piece, but I don't know how many you get from the exchange. It only took me two exchanges for 11 planks. Not too bad!

I only received 12 forever snow from my first exchange.

moon331
I try to never complain....this game really helps me get through the days while being sick. First time I've been truly and utterly disappointed with TL. I hope they hear our pleas...maybe they made a mistake in programming. I'm hoping so.

I always upgrade buildings and do exchanges as soon as I have enough materiel, so I don't have anything of many in stock. Currently I am still crafting Lumin Essence to do my first exchange for the plank. Definitely I won't finish this quest in time. Do you think it is wise to simply give up and save those precious materiel?

kooky panda
12-20-13, 11:48 AM
Me three! Only three planks from exchange, no ticket.

But my goal stopper is the magic fruit. Always doing the trade the very day I have enough.

My other problem and another first, too much energy. Can't use my exchange while crafting planks so maxed on milk, eggs, bacon, water, fish etc so can't gather anything. Afraid to make any feast for fear of not having enough carrots etc the second I need them. So a ton of energy sitting there not being used and it's driving my OCD insane!

I did find out that the Magic Fruit can also be picked up from any of the three Christmas trees.

PikaSquirrel
This sounds worse and worse. My biggest problem is magic fruit. I think the magic garden needs to drop like 6 or more fruit for us. Or not have us wait sooo long for them. This goal should be intime so we can all do the quest and enjoy the holidays.

Any of the three Christmas Tree may drop Magic Fruit.

zuma022
I always upgrade buildings and do exchanges as soon as I have enough materiel. Currently I am still crafting Lumin Essence to do my first exchange for the plank. Definitely I won't finish this quest in time. Do you think it is wise to simply give up and save those precious materiel?

I would. With the other times quests it looks like it was cheaper to just but the finished building after if you feel you really need it rather than paying gems each step of the way. This goal really only is for player who have just about all the materials before starting.

jimboser
12-20-13, 11:55 AM
I did find out that the Magic Fruit can also be picked up from any of the three Christmas trees.

If only there was a way to craft Magic Fruit from wood, because that's mostly what my Christmas trees dropped... I've chopped down almost 30, I think the closest I may have gotten was a lemon.

patoubzh1
12-20-13, 11:58 AM
Only 3 planks for my 1st.. No way I can make it...

konstans07
12-20-13, 12:03 PM
Hi everyone!!
What's the highest chance of glimmer troll appears and have that troll essence that we need?
I was tending my mushrooms and came out but no troll essence grrrrrr

ghjvcucjb
12-20-13, 12:04 PM

Thanks Kooky.

Just chopped another very expensive xmas tree and got 1 energy, 1 sap, 1 red petal. All of which I'm maxed on. So far all the Xmas trees have given me is wood (maxed), sap (maxed), red petal (maxed) and one simple feast. So approximately a quarter of a million dollars and 60 gems for one usable simple feast. There's got to be another way.

newzealander
12-20-13, 12:05 PM
I was just speaking to someone with an uncompleted glimmerbat habitat,uncompleted harvest pergola & uncompleted Kingdom Inn. She's had enough of these timed quests, and is deleting the game. I suspect this will be the one that tips meant people over the edge, particularly anyone who has travel or plans over Christmas that prevent them being tied to the game. Let's see if the Christmas spirit strikes TL, and they rethink the timed quests. It's the season for miracles!

cloudsail
12-20-13, 12:06 PM
I agree that this questline is probably not possible for people who don't have a stockpile of all the resources.

I would like to continue to protest the lack of trade tickets for the exchanges. I understand that this is a special event. But it's taking up our exchange! And will continue to do so for probably the next week. So we can't do any regular exchanges to get trade tickets. I really don't understand why we don't get trade tickets for these special exchanges. It's not like the special adventures that we had to go on for previous questlines did not also drop stuff that we have come to expect from the regular adventures, like energy, items in boxes, gems, etc. So why no trade tickets???

ghjvcucjb
12-20-13, 12:07 PM
Any of the three Christmas Tree will drop Magic Fruit.

This should say "may drop but probably won't" instead of "will drop". Just chopped Xmas trees and no magic fruit.

AuntyRose32
12-20-13, 12:11 PM
I really don't understand why we don't get trade tickets for these special exchanges. It's not like the special adventures that we had to go on for previous questlines did not also drop stuff that we have come to expect from the regular adventures, like energy, items in boxes, gems, etc. So why no trade tickets???

I agree, at the very least these exchanges should be dropping trade tickets.

my607
12-20-13, 12:35 PM
I wished the same drops for things would be the same for everyone. That's only fair but no TL has to make the game so difficult for us.

ginrae22
12-20-13, 12:36 PM
crud. Once again i'm wayyyyy way behind. ONe day doesn't sound like much but in this case it is! and I just messed up by using one of my only two builders pastes so now i can't actually do even the first upgrade for another 6 HOURS ugh! I love this quest it just seems super complex i mean there are so many items that we need a ton of! They are really making us work for it. That's for sure.

my607
12-20-13, 12:38 PM
I got 2 Christmas tree one gave me wood and some other things. No, magic fruit at all but still have one tree left. I will give it a try maybe get lucky.

jimboser
12-20-13, 12:39 PM
Hi everyone!!
What's the highest chance of glimmer troll appears and have that troll essence that we need?

There is no guarantee that a troll will drop essence, it's another random drop. The last time I was hard up for essence, I think I ****ed at least 15 trolls in a row before getting one finally. The odds have gotten better lately, it's been about 1 in 3 for me the last few days.

Mushrooms and cocoa beans are the biggest draw for me lately, none of those coin only dropping buildings have helped at all.

ginrae22
12-20-13, 12:40 PM
thank God for the tinker camp! I literally just got it a few days ago and just realized that I can make builders paste ! It'll only speed things up by 2 hours but i'll take what i can get!

manu90ela
12-20-13, 12:41 PM
why can't there be an option to gift magic fruit in these days.... please.... :o

my607
12-20-13, 12:42 PM
I just chopped my last tree ad no magic fruit. I got 2 wood and a teeth. I'm not buying no more trees for wood. Good point it should of said may drop magic fruit instead it will drop.

bonniesue48
12-20-13, 12:42 PM
I always upgrade buildings and do exchanges as soon as I have enough materiel, so I don't have anything of many in stock. Currently I am still crafting Lumin Essence to do my first exchange for the plank. Definitely I won't finish this quest in time. Do you think it is wise to simply give up and save those precious materiel?

I upgraded to level two and then realized it would be almost impossible to finish in the time allotted so I gave myself permission to NOT continue. Stored my unfinished reindeer stable and am feeling really good about it. There is enough stress this time of year. Time for a little peace on earth!

katbtodd
12-20-13, 01:06 PM

The last 3 Christmas tree I bought ,I got nothing,,, cuz my invertory was full in want they offered ,,not thinking the people are going to be happy about this ,,,then please give us more time

judyvines
12-20-13, 01:17 PM
Here's an update for anyone working on third upgrade. My first exchange gave me 12 forever snow and my second gave me only 10. I just collected from the kingdom inn, and it gave me 3 snows.

li1168
12-20-13, 01:18 PM
I figure out the materials are not really hard to get all of them. The most difficult is "limited time ", It's too long for 12 hours to get few planks or forever snow.

anissada
12-20-13, 01:25 PM
3 trolls = 3 horns.
Come on TL a little generosity won't **** you.

the droprate from mermaidscales and truffles has also gone down from 1 in 2 times to 1 in 10 or even more times !
that is truly mean and not fun to play anymore

anissada
12-20-13, 01:27 PM
There is no guarantee that a troll will drop essence, it's another random drop. The last time I was hard up for essence, I think I ****ed at least 15 trolls in a row before getting one finally. The odds have gotten better lately, it's been about 1 in 3 for me the last few days.

Mushrooms and cocoa beans are the biggest draw for me lately, none of those coin only dropping buildings have helped at all.

try glimmerbulb :)

anissada
12-20-13, 01:28 PM
I just chopped my last tree ad no magic fruit. I got 2 wood and a teeth. I'm not buying no more trees for wood. Good point it should of said may drop magic fruit instead it will drop.

magic fruit only comes one a day from the magic garden, no other way getting it

volissos
12-20-13, 01:29 PM
I was literally pursuing Alicorn for almost a year. And finally got the horn to summon him -which needs 5 Lumin Essence- a few days ago. Plus, I decided to upgrade the deep mine, so that I might get some adamant, which means use of magic cement. And all this the day before this -impossible- quest appeared... Why, oh why??? Sorry for whining, but I had to share this with someone?

anissada
12-20-13, 01:30 PM
Any of the three Christmas Tree may drop Magic Fruit.

no way i am going to chop up trees that cost 25.000 coins or 30 or more gems in 3 times....

anissada
12-20-13, 01:31 PM
Hi everyone!!

try glimmerbulbs or red mushroomcircles

4ral3
12-20-13, 01:34 PM
Thanks! I better save my 58 irons for later, and time to make those enchanted blocks and beams in advance...

Thanks! Time to take all those mushrooms out from the storage cuz I have none stocked.

Don't mind me, just making a placeholder post for myself...

Good (?) that I got lots of troll essence (76) stocked because I'm not at the burning ember stage yet so I haven't been cooking feasts for that...

This post was sooooo useful, thanx a lot, I've just saved it for myself! :)

rosewaterlily
12-20-13, 01:35 PM
Ugh, I just did two feed the barons without looking on here and now I realize I need all those truffles. I'm still on the first exchange so I have a little while to gather them again (luckily I just bought a royal pig) but still.

li1168
12-20-13, 01:38 PM
Regret to spend $25000 and gems to buy the Christmas tree. Wood or sap is not a valuable Christmas present, Any one spend 90 gems to buy a grand Christmas tree?

ghjvcucjb
12-20-13, 01:43 PM
Second exchange another 3 planks so sending off third exchange for another 12 hours.

4ral3
12-20-13, 01:44 PM
Yes I compleatly understand that. My question is why make a limited time quest that requires such high level materials. Just seems like reasons to leave the game if you can't do the cool quests you'll never get to do again.

I understand your frustration as I was in the same situation when I realized that I was late for the Valentine edition and couldn't get, not only all the cool Valentine stuff, but mainly my red petals from anywhere but sheer luck: nonetheless I kept playing and SO MANY new things came along! I'm completely addicted to the game as I have been playing for months and learned how to deal with the annoyance that comes with it! :p

farmergrandma
12-20-13, 01:48 PM
Never mind

luke1100
12-20-13, 01:48 PM
Living wood? Why am I not getting any more living wood? It says that I get it from chopping trees......I've just chopped 3 and not got a single bit ......and no....I'm not maxed out on it. Anyone got any ideas?

preinsko
12-20-13, 01:51 PM
A couple of observations. The number of planks dropped are not static, always 1 or N. There are several combinations like 5+4+1 to get a total of 10. Like everyone else I panic when it gets to the wire; but I have always magically met the goal. As for gifting of magic fruit it should replace the depreciated valentine items which are useless, however, it is only available after you have the magic garden right? Rule of thumb I use for inventory never fall below 50 of a critical resource, especially single drop resources. If I hit 50 I stop using that resource and just hoard.

farmergrandma
12-20-13, 01:51 PM
Low on living wood & not much luck from trees. Anyone know the best trees for it & other sources?

preinsko
12-20-13, 01:52 PM
Living Wood also comes from the sawmill.

4ral3
12-20-13, 01:59 PM
200 sap?!? Yikes!

While I'm a bit nervous about finishing, I'm not going to play into this kind of gem trap. Yet. :). I finished the Inn goal with 5 days to spare, so I'm pretty sure they're doable. But then I'm horrible at math. :)

I have 99 of most everything, 5 glimmerdust troves, 4 flutter mush rings and plenty of trees to chop. And if that doesn't work, I also have 3500 gems. :)

Ok, now you're just showing off! :mad:

rosewaterlily
12-20-13, 02:03 PM
I've been making living wood in the potion shop with white petals and wood and water all afternoon.

4ral3
12-20-13, 02:06 PM
Upgrade Reiner Stables to Lv.2
Materials:
3x Architec's Paste
4x Enchanted Block
40x Water
10x Polarian Planks (Exchange)

Exchange Polarian Planks
1x Lumin Essence
1x Enchanter's Essence
6x Troll Essence

12 hours, multiple planks on completion

Upgrade Reiner Stables to Lv.3
Materials:
50x Forever Snow (Exchange)
50x Iron Ore
5x Enchanted Block
5x Enchanted Beam

Exchange Forever Snow
10x Living Wood
30x Glimmerdust
50x Mushrooms

12 hours, multiple snow's on completion

Upgrade Reiner Stables to Lv.4
Materials:
10x Polarian Lichen (Exchange)
10x Apple
60x Carrots
60x Cabbage

Exchange Polarian Lichen
5x Magic Fruit
30x Glimmerbulb
20x Truffle

12 hours, multiple lichen's on completion

Upgrade Reiner Stables to Lv.5
Materials:
1x Reindeer (Exchange)
5x Blue dye
5x Red dye
5x Faery Jar

Exchange Reindeer
2x Hearty Feast
2x Spicy Feast
9999x Coins

12 hours, single reindeer on completion

Fairy Magic
Clean the Reindeer stables (0/2)

Visit the building 2 times
16 hours cold down, gives Ice Cream, sugar and possibly other sweet/cold items on completion

I'm sorry as this is most likely a stupid question but...how do you even know that???

ginrae22
12-20-13, 02:11 PM
I've been making living wood in the potion shop with white petals and wood and water all afternoon.

Yeah that's a slow way to do it but at least an option for many. Although you have to get i don't remember haha some certain item or whatever in order to craft living wood. Unless I'm confusing it with something else in which case I apologize! There's so many quests and too many item names for me to remember them all!

tigarlilyvol
12-20-13, 02:12 PM

Thanks, forgot that was an option, got too focused on mushrooms and glimmer dust.

jessicattt
12-20-13, 02:37 PM
Are we gonna miss out on anything in the future if we don't make the reindeer stable?

BriarAvenue
12-20-13, 02:47 PM
Good point! Can anyone shed any more light on these Forever Snows? I agree that this would appear to make the quest impossible; but surely that's not the case?? I am pretty nervous about this one, and am tossing up just skipping it so I don't feel the need to have the iPad handy while I am enjoying Christmas :). It's all about priorities....

I agree. There is another one. The lichen requires 5 magic fruits.
Unless they increase the drop rate, just that 5 fruits will take 5 days.
Unless the exchange gives 10 lichens at once n not random dropping,
or else it will take at least 50-51 days to collect enough lichens

If they allow only 7 days to finish the stable, no way except purchasing with real monies!

Aggwynn
12-20-13, 02:50 PM
All Limited Edition quests are optional and does not affect the core storyline.

JayUK69
12-20-13, 02:52 PM
I had another 5 planks drop on my second exchange, so now I'm on the next part. Just hope that the forever snows drop at a high rate too.

Luna48
12-20-13, 02:56 PM
I have gotten Living Wood from Ivy's Hut, the Magic Garden & Sawmill as well as chopping trees. The potion shop 15 minute crafting is pretty quick if you have enough wood, white petals and water.

taran430
12-20-13, 03:11 PM
I know this isn't where this post would most likely go but I have two questions and am new to the forum. Question 1 can you still get glimmer bats by going into the dark caves because the habitat is still available. Secondly we have a Polarian theme again but my quest disappeared which left me 3 things short of the last level on the inn will we have access to those again or is this Polarian a different thing all together? Any help is greatly appreciated it.

ghjvcucjb
12-20-13, 03:18 PM
I'm sorry as this is most likely a stupid question but...how do you even know that???

They always skip through the goals with gems. Which is great for the rest of us to find out early on what the requirements are.

jtm101
12-20-13, 03:23 PM
Just thought of a good tip if you were like me and almost getting close to 10 planks. Hold off on collecting from your Inn the 2nd time until you collect from your 2nd exchange. I wish i had followed this advice as i have 7 planks (from 1 exhange and 2 inn collects) and only need 3 from the exchange today, i guess i may go over and have 1-2 spare.

JayUK69
12-20-13, 03:29 PM
I know this isn't where this post would most likely go but I have two questions and am new to the forum. Question 1 can you still get glimmer bats by going into the dark caves because the habitat is still available. Secondly we have a Polarian theme again but my quest disappeared which left me 3 things short of the last level on the inn will we have access to those again or is this Polarian a different thing all together? Any help is greatly appreciated it.

Unfortunately, once a quest expires, you can only complete the upgrades by using gems for the remaining materials.

jessicattt
12-20-13, 03:44 PM
Think I'll pass on this one. I'd love to gain all these cute festive items but I'm never gonna finish the quest so it's a waste of materials. I love this game but just gonna stick with the main storyline and not get stressed like most other players!

anissada
12-20-13, 04:02 PM
Living wood? Why am I not getting any more living wood? It says that I get it from chopping trees......I've just chopped 3 and not got a single bit ......and no....I'm not maxed out on it. Anyone got any ideas?

yes... all the things you really need are blocked for dropping often.
when you do not need that item you will get plenty again, just pay attention then :)
TL likes to give us a feeling of desperation so it seems

luke1100
12-20-13, 04:09 PM
when you do not need that item you will get plenty again, just pay attention then :)

Typical TL then......full of the joys of Christmas......not:(

preinsko
12-20-13, 04:29 PM
In order to make living wood you must have passed the 4th shard of knowledge from Tablet of Tabernum. I'm maxed out on living wood so I've never used it.

moon331
12-20-13, 04:52 PM
Please at least make magic fruit requirement from 5 to 1. Then I can still have a little chance to finish in time. The magic fruit requirement doesn't make any sense.

MVSapphire
12-20-13, 04:53 PM
On note: Royal Exchange give 4-5 Polarian Planks....only 3 I just got 😧

dezzzila
12-20-13, 04:58 PM
Good luck to everyone doing this quest :) I only with I could get this construction site out of my kingd

dezzzila
12-20-13, 05:00 PM
---om without using my precious materials to just have it sit in storage :/ looks like it's just going to sit there until I get really sick of it! Haha

kimberly0822
12-20-13, 05:01 PM
Just chopped 17 Classic Christmas trees and not a single magic fruit so I think TL needs to look at that again...I would say the average is regular logs and 1 energy...out of all those trees I got 1 white dye, 1 royal block, 1spicy feast, 1 simple feast, 1 hide, 2 super glue, 1coal, 2 creep tooth, 1 flour, 1 red petal, and 2 glimmer dust the rest was logs and energy all for $425,000 gold coin. Lucky for me I had lots of extra coin. Just bought 10 more trees will update when I chop them.

ginrae22
12-20-13, 05:33 PM

That is soooo true! When we were doing that crazy one for Thanksgiving, the market one or whatever, it wouldn't matter what I collected from NO monsters would show up so I couldn't collect anymore bones or whatever they give you. And then the minute it was done it was like bam couldn't get rid of all the vermin!

creolepraline
12-20-13, 05:54 PM

Gems used to speed up some parts.

How the heck are we supposed to collect ALL of these things in the small amount of time we have? This seems like am impossible quest. And I never ever complain about anything to do with the game. Rudolph better dance for me every time I see him, should I complete this task. Singing beyonce and everything!

jimboser
12-20-13, 06:21 PM
My trade for the polar wood just came back, along with a trade ticket. Hopefully everyone is getting these now.

I was able to upgrade the stable, and started a trade for snow. Hoping my next drop from the inn drops enough snow to help out.

troubadours
12-20-13, 06:25 PM
Just finished my first exchange for planks, collected from it and got 4 planks.... Game decided to sync at that moment and reverse my collection. Once I collected from it again I only got 3 planks! So not cool

meme1098
12-20-13, 06:30 PM
Just sped up my trade to get my last 4 planks, and you guessed it! Only got 3. So now I either buy the last one with gems or go on another 12 hr. trade. Merry Christmas to you too, TL.:mad:

ajax1964
12-20-13, 06:48 PM
All finished if you want to check it out

jenwilhelm
12-20-13, 06:59 PM
This update looks really fun, but after buying (and then wasting) so many gems and resources and energy trying to speed up or obtain the last few buildings, only to get stuck on level 4 all three times, I'm going to skip it all together. Not enough time to dedicate to gaming over the holidays, and sticking to my ***s about no more times quests or buying new gems until TL gets rid of timed quests. Good luck to everyone who is trying for it, though! Hope TL doesn't piss you off too much over the holiday season, lol.

cloudsail
12-20-13, 07:27 PM
Yes!! Thanks so much for giving us trade tickets!!!

cloudsail
12-20-13, 07:29 PM
Thanks for listening TL, very much appreciated :)

My inn dropped 3 forever snows just now, I'm quite hopeful about this quest.

Luna48
12-20-13, 07:42 PM
Looking great, Ajax. As usual your place is beautiful. Love the Inn and Reindeer Stable together.

esmerelda35
12-20-13, 08:09 PM
I got three planks from each of my exchanges - and had to buy some of the troll essence with gems to even do the second exchange. So I now sit at 8 planks (3 x 2 exchanges, plus two from collections from the Inn). I have no troll essence at all now (yes, exactly, not one troll essence earned in the 12 hours from sending out my last exchange!). I think it's cheaper to just pay 10 gems each for the two remaining planks to move on.
Frustrating - have never had to use gems to finish any quest ever before even the recent timed quests!
And I am definitely going to need some gems when I get to the magic fruit trade.
I appreciate that this is "optional" and does not affect the core game, as glimmergate (?mod?) pointed out, but of course we want to do it!

maz3girl
12-20-13, 08:17 PM
Why did I buy this I'm never going to be able to finish. Ugh

cloudsail
12-20-13, 08:30 PM
Here's the second level of the stable, btw. I always appreciate the artwork in this game.

jimboser
12-20-13, 08:46 PM
My inn dropped 3 forever snows just now, I'm quite hopeful about this quest.

So, 3 snow from the inn, which only dropped 1 plank. Let's hope the Trade will be 3x greater also, if not more...

Questhaven
12-20-13, 09:02 PM
All finished if you want to check it out

That's no ordinary reindeer -- that's Rudolph!!! 😄

sharandi
12-20-13, 09:12 PM
esmerelda, how did you get two exchanges?

I got three planks from each of my exchanges - and had to buy some of the troll essence with gems to even do the second exchange. So I now sit at 8 planks (3 x 2 exchanges, plus two from collections from the Inn). I have no troll essence at all now (yes, exactly, not one troll essence earned in the 12 hours from sending out my last exchange!). I think it's cheaper to just pay 10 gems each for the two remaining planks to move on.
Frustrating - have never had to use gems to finish any quest ever before even the recent timed quests!
And I am definitely going to need some gems when I get to the magic fruit trade.
I appreciate that this is "optional" and does not affect the core game, as glimmergate (?mod?) pointed out, but of course we want to do it!

dllrlw14
12-20-13, 09:26 PM
Maybe Teamlava gave us this impossible quest so we get ourselves all razzeled and frazzeled, and then Christmas when we check on our game cause you know we will, even if we have to sneek, SUPRISE there's an update or something of the sort and our building is at level 5 and we all have our Christmas reindeer. I know your probably thinking yeah right, but it is the season to be hopeful!!

esmerelda35
12-20-13, 09:33 PM
esmerelda, how did you get two exchanges?

Sorry for the misunderstanding - I do only have one exchange; I meant that I had done the exchange trade for the planks twice - and got three planks only in doing each trade.

preinsko
12-20-13, 09:38 PM
1st Exchange dropped 5 Planks, Inn dropped 1 Plank.
2nd Exchange dropped 4 Planks & 1 Trade ticket.
Either I am very lucky or it is setting me up for the great truffle heist. I fed the baron the other day I only had 53 to start.

lonerlexie
12-20-13, 10:31 PM
I'm getting trolls but they just aren't dropping the essence. I don't think I will even get level 2 done at this rate. This quest is too boring since there are no results to keep me interested.

eepopp
12-20-13, 10:45 PM
So, 3 snow from the inn, which only dropped 1 plank. Let's hope the Trade will be 3x greater also, if not more...

My first Royal Exchange trade resulted in 10 Forever Snow + 1 Trade ticket.

I'm thinking that with 50 Snow required for the Level 3 Stable upgrade, I'll do 4 Royal Exchange trades (netting ~40 Snow) and two Kingdom Inn collections (netting ~5-6 Snow) over a 48 hour period, and then I'll just buy any missing ones for 2 Gems each (~8-10 Gems).

So by Sunday, I'll probably upgrade the Stable to Level 3. I'm not even thinking about the Level 4 or Level 5 upgrades yet, because I know the Magic Fruit thing is going to block me.

Castloninian
12-21-13, 12:19 AM
Good luck to everyone doing this quest :) I only with I could get this construction site out of my kingd

Same here. I don't want to put in 8 royal items and 2 builders paste just to get rid of it so a building site I will have. Makes the Kingdom all the more realistic I think ;)

missbandette
12-21-13, 12:58 AM
Christmas is a time for giving! We give u our money all year and you give us something nice at the END of the year! We are asking please help us! Look at everyone giving up! These are your players that are so into the game they belong to a forum for it! Really!? I mean I'm trying to go for it, I don't have a ton stocked up, but I'm on this game all day and it's going to be hard for me! I just got to level 30 with not really anything maxed out. I was on the Greselda quest, which is now on hold bc of need for mermaid scales and the blue[] u make with the mermaid scales! I know it's not supposed to advance ubin the game ... Blah blah blah! But my son now has missed out on all these things bc he's too low level and it's rly sad! Atleast give everyone a fair shot at the same thing! I know alot of higher level players playing for months are dying for the challenge but is there a way to make it different for different levels? Something!? I'm by no means an expert and I'm totally in love with (probably borderline addicted to and more than one of)ur games and this is depressing!

MBRBTBRB
12-21-13, 01:38 AM
Error in post #2

It says Planks needs 2 Enchanter's Essence but actually it needs 3.

katbtodd
12-21-13, 02:43 AM
I'm not getting any trade tickets and I started on my forever snow ,

JayUK69
12-21-13, 02:53 AM
I had 12 forever snow drop from first exchange, glad to see they fixed the trade ticket issue. And I had 3 drop from the inn, this quest might just be doable in time. However, won't be able to access game over Christmas as we're going to family, so only have until Christmas eve.

Spelletje1
12-21-13, 03:12 AM
Christmas is a time for giving! We give u our money all year and you give us something nice at the END of the year! We are asking please help us! Look at everyone giving up! These are your players that are so into the game they belong to a forum for it! Really!? I mean I'm trying to go for it, I don't have a ton stocked up, but I'm on this game all day and it's going to be hard for me! I just got to level 30 with not really anything maxed out. I was on the Greselda quest, which is now on hold bc of need for mermaid scales and the blue [] u make with the mermaid scales! I know it's not supposed to advance ubin the game ... Blah blah blah! But my son now has missed out on all these things bc he's too low level and it's rly sad! Atleast give everyone a fair shot at the same thing! I know alot of higher level players playing for months are dying for the challenge but is there a way to make it different for different levels? Something!? I'm by no means an expert and I'm totally in love with (probably borderline addicted to and more than one of)ur games and this is depressing!

I agree with you. Of course it is nice to do all the quests but the point is that TL doesn't really care if you finish them or not because there are always players who will pay to finish them. That is what they are counting for to make their profit. Don't worry TL, I am somtimes one of them and hate myself for doing it!
Please, please give us a nice X-Mas bonus so we can buy festive ornaments for couns or Stone Blocks/Wood Beams.

manu90ela
12-21-13, 04:23 AM
It would be interesting to know if the stable will drop things, even if we don't manage to do the last part of the quest (the two collections from the stable). Because otherwise we will have to upgrade to level 5 at least 32 hours before the end of the time limit, since the stable has a 16 hours cool down period....?

faeriedust
12-21-13, 04:35 AM
It would be interesting to know if the stable will drop things, even if we don't manage to do the last part of the quest (the two collections from the stable). Because otherwise we will have to upgrade to level 5 at least 32 hours before the end of the time limit, since the stable has a 16 hours cool down period....?

I upgraded my Kingdom Inn but wasn't able to do the last part of collecting from the Inn because I ran out of the time. My Inn still drops earth wisps and quest items. So you should be good if you can't finish the last part of the reindeer quest.

CLOVERKAITO
12-21-13, 04:35 AM
1st collection from inn = 1 plank
1st exchange = 5 planks
2nd exchange = 4 planks
UPGRADE TO LEVEL 2 (held off on clicking the inn)
then 2nd collection from inn = 3 forever snow

Will be able to collect from exchange when I wake up and see how much snow I get...

And the Fruit Splash Mania goal is back! I immediately downloaded it this time (I really only needed the gems on Castle Story and Kingdom Clash since that's the two games I mainly play) after I loaded the goal on both of these games and got 30 gems in both of them. :D This game is like a cuter version of match the dots; so far I'm liking this game and I'll finish all the goals to get the gems for CS and KC!

Magic Fruits part will probably **** me for this quest line. I currently have 6 fruits after previous collection (like many others I too almost always do the trade after I have 6 fruits) so I'll see how far I get with this quest line. I may end up buying magic fruits or skipping with the gems I have right now (from downloading other games / adventures / goals / purple cow). Really, really hoping for 2 fruits drop per day now... I don't have a lot of coins to burn on x'mas trees since I just got to level 30 last month...

Bottom line is I won't spend a single penny on gems no matter how much I enjoyed CS and KC, because I really hate gem traps (had fallen into one where I lost 300+ gems in KC), and how they make this current x'mas goal nearly impossible unless you pre-stocked a lot of things AND lucky with the exchange. I happened to have most of the building materials in this quest line already pre-made (they were pre-made because I was going to upgrade my other buildings but haven't). I won't regret using up pre-made materials or the gems I already own even if I end up getting stuck in level 4 in day 8... I just wanted to give it a shot.

I repeat: Bottom line is I won't spend a single penny on gems. So TL, stop making these goals so impossible and let people have fun, you know? This goal is so much more attainable for more players if you make it at least 15 days long... into the new year, you know?

PS. I chopped one of the 25000 x'mas tree and got lemonade, wood, and glimmer dust. Lemonade is kinda nice since I don't have a lemon tree, while the other two items is useless since I got like 7 glimmer dust troves (got 3 of them from the Polaris adventure 2 weeks back)... Where is my magic fruit lol.

I upgraded my Kingdom Inn but wasn't able to do the last part of collecting from the Inn because I ran out of the time. My Inn still drops earth wisps and quest items. So you should be good if you can't finish the last part of the reindeer quest.

Same here. I didn't do the last collecting and my inn does drop earth wisp / plank / forever snow, but it's because I decided to send my knights out on a few more adventures in hopes of getting burning ember that some people mentioned getting. I didn't get anything extraordinary... mostly got building materials, but since they drop a couple of gems as well so it was worthwhile.

All Limited Edition quests are optional and does not affect the core storyline.

While it may not affect the core story line, it certainly is deteriorating the holiday spirit of a lot of players here! :rolleyes:

faeriedust
12-21-13, 04:40 AM
Do you think we are making a mistake. As in you start the quest but stop at level 4. What if the fairy quest is much more rewarding... but requires a stockpile of resources that have been used up for this quest?

CLOVERKAITO
12-21-13, 04:47 AM
Do you think we are making a mistake. As in you start the quest but stop at level 4. What if the fairy quest is much more rewarding... but requires a stockpile of resources that have been used up for this quest?

For this quest you need the following:

Upgrading the stable
2 Builder's paste
4 Royal blocks
4 Royal beams
3 Architect's Paste
9 Enchanted Block
5 Enchanted beams
5 Blue dye
5 Red dye

Getting planks
1 Lumin Essence x ?
3 Enchanter's Essence x ?

As I happened to have 90% of these stock piled (because I was trying to upgrade the deep mines and wizard schools before this quest started), I already premade what's needed for the rest of this quest line, and I'm restocking building materials with the potion shops/workshops as we speak. So hopefully I'd have enough stockpiled by next week for whatever TL is gonna hit us with...

I only have just enough fairy jars for the reindeer quest line, so hopefully the next quest won't need too many of these fairy jars...

manu90ela
12-21-13, 04:52 AM

I thought the same thing.... That would be sooooo sad...

JayUK69
12-21-13, 04:59 AM

That is why I am making all the materials I used on this quest. Although I already had over 50 of each enchanted beams and blocks stored. It's only really magic fruit, mushrooms, glimmer duts, troll essence and living wood. Most of which I am maxed out on anyway and they are easy to replenish.

DrP4ever
12-21-13, 06:02 AM
Agree with so many of you, the amount of materials needed to accomplish this goal is ridiculous in such a short time!
Also, need red leaf to make red dye. My red trillium has disappeared!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am angry about this!!!!!!!:mad:

Blanche_Lady
12-21-13, 07:37 AM
i just cannot understand why have a new and exciting goal that probably took programming and etc to just have in one second all of us players depressed that we won't be able to finish it as it is impossible to do it in time even if you had all materials in stock because of the exchange time. it just does not make sense at all
we know you tl want us to spend gems but this is just ridiculous as the time given is not enough from the beginning

my607
12-21-13, 07:38 AM
My biggest problem is magic fruit don't have much. Magic garden takes forever th drop them. TL can't you give us more fruit in one drop. It's not only me or make this quest last longer.

my607
12-21-13, 07:43 AM
Sometime soon there should be something that drops magic fruit besides the garden. It would be nice if you change 5- magic fruit to just 1 magic fruit. There's just to much to do and the exchange takes 12 long hours to complete.

DelStorm8
12-21-13, 07:48 AM
I feel *****ed! I made the change stabe Master 2 times, but only got 3 Polarian Planks at a time... one day only got 6 when it should have at least 8 as originally entered. With time given to complete the task and the resources that I have to spend more: I feel robbed!

CaymanTurtle
12-21-13, 07:54 AM
I read that some of you get gems for downloading new games. Is this only available in the US? When I look at those "quests" in my game it doesn't mention anything about earning gems.

anissada
12-21-13, 08:51 AM
In order to make living wood you must have passed the 4th shard of knowledge from Tablet of Tabernum. I'm maxed out on living wood so I've never used it.

ok, so you are a low level player or just never needed to make ORNATED BEAMS as material for upgrading/building ?

anissada
12-21-13, 08:57 AM
That is soooo true! When we were doing that crazy one for Thanksgiving, the market one or whatever, it wouldn't matter what I collected from NO monsters would show up so I couldn't collect anymore bones or whatever they give you. And then the minute it was done it was like bam couldn't get rid of all the vermin!

so the lesson in this is : keep your stock at (almost) maxed.
start crafting things that use materials you get from the production buildings just before you collect to bring your max stock down, because else you miss out on the free things ;)

anissada
12-21-13, 09:17 AM
Agree with so many of you, the amount of materials needed to accomplish this goal is ridiculous in such a short time!
Also, need red leaf to make red dye. My red trillium has disappeared!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am angry about this!!!!!!!:mad:

buy some old logs, they give also besides wood many red petals, mushrooms, glimmerdust and other petals as well

dng1234
12-21-13, 09:24 AM
Oh wishful thinking. You know, I would have enjoyed this quest had it not been timed. For me, even if it wasn't a holiday period with limited playing, I just don't have the stocks to do this quest. And I've been level 30 for quite some time now. I would have enjoyed making things and building things up and doing all the trades. Never mind.

Me too, Castloninian. I'm at level 30 and guess I've been playing long enough now to know I should stick pile supplies but what's the fun in that. Why all the timed quests? Didnt we go through a Valentine's Day with quests with people having no timelimit to finish? I hate not finishing/doing a quest but its Christmas and for me family comes first.

cloudsail
12-21-13, 09:47 AM
Argh, only got 8 snows in the first exchange. Hope the drop rate picks up.

dragoniakingdom
12-21-13, 09:49 AM
Christmas being a time of giving...sadly this limited time quest has been a time of taking.

The Valentine quest was the way to go TL,players had ample time to reach the deadline - this Xmas quest is a shame on you.

To have players upset that they have no hope of completing the deadline does not fair well for the game in general as players will not recommend it to their friends.

Please remember also that many of these player would spend gems when they had an abundance,but being forced to spend at a time when cash may be low due to the more important real life spending of cash for gifts makes it all the worse & makes TL look very much like Scrooge/Grinch.

A very bad public relations manouver that may well turn around to bite you in the rear, just take a look at the unhappy players!

moon331
12-21-13, 09:53 AM
Does anybody know how many gems a Polarian Lichen costs?

I am low on magic fruits and I will have to buy Polarian Lichen. Thanks!

preinsko
12-21-13, 09:54 AM
ok, so you are a low level player or just never needed to make ORNATED BEAMS as material for upgrading/building ?

Hmm. I am a level 30; but in my game creating living wood was not available to me until I had the passed Alchemy Reseach task from 3rd or 4th shard. I am U.S. Player if that makes a difference. I do not have some of the buildings that require higher level materials because I Am still expanding.

preinsko
12-21-13, 09:56 AM
First Forever Snow drop fro Inn & Exchange.
3 Forever snow + Wisp from the Inn.
10 Forever snow + 1 Trade Ticket from Exchange.

manu90ela
12-21-13, 10:02 AM

1 polarian lichen costs 12 gems.
I'll have to buy them too. I think I can only do 1 exchange for polarian lichens and collect once from the Inn maybe. So hopefully I'll be lucky and have to buy 4 or 5....

judyvines
12-21-13, 10:06 AM

Each lichen costs 12 gems. You need a total of ten. Good luck!

sabrinashal
12-21-13, 10:19 AM
guys use this:

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?63095-Castle-Story-12-19-2013-Update-Reindeer-Stable&p=810688&viewfull=1#post810688

it will help you alot!!!

cad33
12-21-13, 10:25 AM
Bummer. I'm traveling for holidays and doing my best to play. For the planks:

Time 0:
Inn - 1 plank

Time 12 hrs:
Exchange - 3 planks (4 total)

Time 24 hrs:
Inn - 1 plank (5 total)
Exchange - 3 planks (8 total)

Time 36 hrs:
?? I'm pretty sure I'll get the planks I need in the 3rd one. Bummed it puts be back another 12 hours.

jptheripper
12-21-13, 10:37 AM
after upgrading

Inn - 3 snow flakes
Exchange - 10 snowflakes

tanderson573
12-21-13, 10:46 AM
Can someone explain why my reindeer stable went back a level!!!?? I spent gems to buy a plank to get from 9 to 10 and I log in and it's back to 9?! Luckily my kingdom was ready for collection. But still would like to get my gems back that I spent :(

mjauuuu
12-21-13, 10:54 AM
Christmas being a time of giving...sadly this limited time quest has been a time of taking.

The Valentine quest was the way to go TL,players had ample time to reach the deadline - this Xmas quest is a shame on you.

To have players upset that they have no hope of completing the deadline does not fair well for the game in general as players will not recommend it to their friends.

Please remember also that many of these player would spend gems when they had an abundance,but being forced to spend at a time when cash may be low due to the more important real life spending of cash for gifts makes it all the worse & makes TL look very much like Scrooge/Grinch.

A very bad public relations manouver that may well turn around to bite you in the rear, just take a look at the unhappy players!

I agree with this 100%. I could not have said it any better myself!

eepopp
12-21-13, 11:00 AM
My first Royal Exchange trade resulted in 10 Forever Snow + 1 Trade ticket.

I'm thinking that with 50 Snow required for the Level 3 Stable upgrade, I'll do 4 Royal Exchange trades (netting ~40 Snow) and two Kingdom Inn collections (netting ~5-6 Snow) over a 48 hour period, and then I'll just buy any missing ones for 2 Gems each (~8-10 Gems).

So by Sunday, I'll probably upgrade the Stable to Level 3. I'm not even thinking about the Level 4 or Level 5 upgrades yet, because I know the Magic Fruit thing is going to block me.

2nd Royal Exchange Trade - 12 Forever Snow + 1 Trade Ticket
1st Kingdom Inn collection -3 Forever Snow
-------------------------------------------------------
Total Forever Snow collected : 25 (out of 50 needed).

With two more Royal Exchange Trades planned for in the next 24 hours, I should be close to the required 50 Forever Snow by 9:30 am Pacific on Sunday.

I'll Upgrade my Stable to Level 3 then, and plan on collecting from my Inn for the Lichen starting Sunday. I expect to only get one every 24 hours. I unfortunately only have 6 Magic Fruit, so I only have enough for 1 Trade. If I get 5 from 1 trade and 3 from collecting daily from the Inn, I'll buy any missing Lichen at 12 Gems each on Tuesday to Upgrade to Level 4.

On Tuesday, I then plan on assessing how close I'll be to Level 5.

I have only spent less than 10 gems so far for this Level 2 to Level 3 upgrade, but that was only to accelerate the Exchange Trade to a 9-9:30 am/pm Pacific 12 hour cycle. I got one of those offers from Storm8 to play the Home Design Story game (or whatever it's called), so I haven't purchased any gems and am using those free promo gems (Thanks TeamLava / Storm8!)

Castlevilla
12-21-13, 11:03 AM
my Royal Exchange is not showing Any of these items for trade in it. Is anyone else having a problem?

stuffedmounts
12-21-13, 11:05 AM

They refuse to even acknowledge us, much less do anything about any of this. Not even reasonable compromise. People are a whole lot less willing to give you money when they're pissed at you. Several people have openly said they will not give TL one more penny until more respect is shown towards their users/customers, and the money they've already wasted.

shambalaya
12-21-13, 11:20 AM
I read that some of you get gems for downloading new games. Is this only available in the US? When I look at those "quests" in my game it doesn't mention anything about earning gems.

After you download the game you will get another quest (usually the baron wants you to visit a coin building) and you will get gems for completing that quest.

cloudsail
12-21-13, 11:22 AM
How come everyone else got at least ten snows per exchange but I only got 8? *sad face*

eepopp
12-21-13, 11:49 AM
guys use this:

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?63095-Castle-Story-12-19-2013-Update-Reindeer-Stable&p=810688&viewfull=1#post810688

it will help you alot!!!

I know it's helping me out. Thanks for doing this.

raghadd1
12-21-13, 11:58 AM

Nedded parts for level three upgrading

Good luck

ghjvcucjb
12-21-13, 12:07 PM
My biggest problem is magic fruit don't have much. Magic garden takes forever th drop them. TL can't you give us more fruit in one drop. It's not only me or make this quest last longer.

My ONLY problem is the magic fruit, went to collect from the garden this morning hoping the drop rate had been increased and...........NOPE, 1 magic fruit. Won't have enough for even one trade let alone multiples. Really sad.

anissada
12-21-13, 12:25 PM

they appear as a goal. make sure you have that goal in your goallist in all the TL games you play BEFORE you install the offered game. this way you get gems in all the other games. once installed it won't pop up as a goal in other games anymore if you forgot to act like this!
if, and when they pop up is random. but take advantage of it when you can. easy way to earn extra gems

marse66
12-21-13, 12:29 PM
There is a strategy to this game.. While you wait for goals, cook, forge, collect from buildings, animals, plants, mines, hatchery etc... To get other resources... Don't waste you energy on just coins... Plant your veggies and you will be surprised how quickly you will reach the max.. Prepare items that would use fish, scales and water so that when you collect from your wells and ponds you have a chance of getting all three.. ****ing three birds with one stone so to speak... Our castles are getting very big and very busy but concentrate on your own specific goals... I used up 50 mushrooms and 50 glimmer dust for the snow exchance so I collect from the mushroom patches to get mushrooms and by chance get the odd glimmer dust then will collect from the manticore... Maximize what each energy can give you... Other than waiting for time to pass I quickly get each goal done as I am prepared for whatever comes my way...

marse66
12-21-13, 12:31 PM
Sorry. Not the manticore but from the glimmer dust patches..

anissada
12-21-13, 12:32 PM
Hmm. I am a level 30; but in my game creating living wood was not available to me until I had the passed Alchemy Reseach task from 3rd or 4th shard. I am U.S. Player if that makes a difference. I do not have some of the buildings that require higher level materials because I Am still expanding.

that explains it 😸
the living wood is needed in the ornated beams for a building which you probably haven't bought yet.
don't remember which, sorry, but more than one. take a look at my kingdom, i play about one year now.
only 1 expansion left to go, only need 5 expansion permits.. (150 trade tickets... on hold due to the polarstuff now)

anissada
12-21-13, 12:35 PM
There is a strategy to this game.. While you wait for goals, cook, forge, collect from buildings, animals, plants, mines, hatchery etc... To get other resources... Don't waste you energy on just coins... Plant your veggies and you will be surprised how quickly you will reach the max.. Prepare items that would use fish, scales and water so that when you collect from your wells and ponds you have a chance of getting all three.. ****ing three birds with one stone so to speak... Our castles are getting very big and very busy but concentrate on your own specific goals... I used up 50 mushrooms and 50 glimmer dust for the snow exchance so I collect from the mushroom patches to get mushrooms and by chance get the odd glimmer dust then will collect from the manticore... Maximize what each energy can give you... Other than waiting for time to pass I quickly get each goal done as I am prepared for whatever comes my way...

maybe you do not know, but i can see you play by strategy. the old logs give wood every knock, but as a bonus you get mushrooms, petal or glimmerdust as well.. so double materials

marse66
12-21-13, 12:57 PM
You got it..

traxle
12-21-13, 12:59 PM
I noticed I did get any trade tickets either. I am going to check to see if this is by design.

Yay, it's now giving trade tickets!

CoalCountry
12-21-13, 12:59 PM
My biggest problem right now is the troll essence. Right before this quest, trolls were popping up all the time. Now I can't force one. I'm getting plenty of Skunkupines!

DrP4ever
12-21-13, 01:17 PM
Have done the change twice for snowflakes and received 3 flakes each time. No way I can finish the goal at this rate of 3 every 12 hours and needing so many mushrooms and glimmer dust. :(

sunnybabi1986
12-21-13, 01:24 PM
Have done the change twice for snowflakes and received 3 flakes each time. No way I can finish the goal at this rate of 3 every 12 hours and needing so many mushrooms and glimmer dust. :(

Wow :( That is a lot of mushrooms and glimmerdust wasted on a few measly flakes. This is starting to make me reminiscent of TL's Dragon Story, which I quit playing and deleted from my phone 4 months ago for putting out ridiculous impossible quests. If it comes to it, I will delete this game as well. I really enjoy the quests. The ones that we are actually able to complete, that is...

ambulldog615
12-21-13, 01:30 PM
Luckily I was maxed out on troll essence and had plenty of the other materials, only need the planks. This quest, like others are aimed more towards high level players who will have accumulated plenty of materials. They are also trying to force players hands into purchasing and using vast amounts of gems. If future quests are going to follow suit, I will just quit the game like several of my neighbours have done recently as they have been left with too many useless unfinished buildings because of these tedious quests.

We'll it was nice you were part of the community.
Sorry you and your neighbors quit or are going to.
If you want you can always visit my kingdom to see what the buildings look like that you can't complete.
It'd take a lot more then a couple unfinished missions for me to quit!
Just sayin

manu90ela
12-21-13, 01:32 PM

😱You got only three from an exchange?? Well this is really disapointing...

TinksThots
12-21-13, 02:33 PM
I used to get a glimmerdust from at least every third or fourth mushroom circle collection.

I've collected from roughly 15 circles in a row four times so far this morning, (about 60 collections altogether) and they've given up four, maybe five dusts. TL's claim that there's no algorithm in place to reduce drops of needed items is a flat out lie, that's been proven time and again.

Their claim that timed quests would never require gems was a flat out lie as well, and a low down dirty one at that. This is ridiculous. People have to sleep. People have families. People hate you now. But they're still opening their wallets, so you don't care, do you? Despicable.

kooky panda
12-21-13, 02:37 PM
Yay, it's now giving trade tickets!
Yes I got my ticket this morning! Thank goodness, I am still short 3 expansions!

kooky panda
12-21-13, 02:40 PM
my Royal Exchange is not showing Any of these items for trade in it. Is anyone else having a problem?
You will not see the new trades, until you reach that specific quest.

moon331
12-21-13, 02:44 PM
1 polarian lichen costs 12 gems.
I'll have to buy them too. I think I can only do 1 exchange for polarian lichens and collect once from the Inn maybe. So hopefully I'll be lucky and have to buy 4 or 5....

Thanks! I can do one exchange, too. Hopefully I only have to buy 4/5 polarian lichens. Good luck.
Time is so limited. If I get reasonal amount of planks, snow flakes ..., there is still a chance for me to complete the goal in time.

One more question, what's the rate of Reindeer dropping? Do we always get one from royal exchange?

dng1234
12-21-13, 03:37 PM

Agree 100% with you.

caramel411
12-21-13, 03:41 PM
How come everyone else got at least ten snows per exchange but I only got 8? *sad face*

I received 8 snow as well upon first collection..I was hoping for 10 as well

katbtodd
12-21-13, 03:53 PM
I received 8 snow as well upon first collection..I was hoping for 10 as well

I recieved 8 from exchange 3 for the Inn ,, at this rate , with 6 days left , I'm not going to make it

anissada
12-21-13, 04:04 PM
My biggest problem right now is the troll essence. Right before this quest, trolls were popping up all the time. Now I can't force one. I'm getting plenty of Skunkupines!

try RED mushroom circles and old logs, stuff that gives glimmerdust give you the best change of challenging a troll
(also glimmerbulb)

anissada
12-21-13, 04:05 PM
I recieved 8 from exchange 3 for the Inn ,, at this rate , with 6 days left , I'm not going to make it

first time i got 12, 2nd time only 8. the inn gave me 3. no way i can finish this upgrade in 48 hrs as i hoped.. will take 12 more ��

preinsko
12-21-13, 04:07 PM
that explains it 😸
the living wood is needed in the ornated beams for a building which you probably haven't bought yet.
don't remember which, sorry, but more than one. take a look at my kingdom, i play about one year now.
only 1 expansion left to go, only need 5 expansion permits.. (150 trade tickets... on hold due to the polarstuff now)
Oh wow I see you have all of the buildings. I have not been playing long and it took awhile for me figure out a strategy.

freesiawoods
12-21-13, 04:11 PM
Okay I am giving up on this one and possibly all future timed quests. I am on vacation and was happy enough to spend gems to complete the kingdom inn, but this quest is just too ridiculous. It requires too many materials that are difficult to get. I don't like the way this game is going. Sure these quests are optional but who likes to know there is something you could have but can't because of whatever reason. Worse still, many players start the quests and use precious resources on them before they realise they can't make it and are left with an unfinished building. 50 snowflakes and then lichen and reindeer in 6 days? No fun at all

anissada
12-21-13, 04:15 PM
Oh wow I see you have all of the buildings. I have not been playing long and it took awhile for me figure out a strategy.

i see, just a little tip. check if something is (almost) maxed BEFORE collecting free materials from mine, mill and so.
if you have 99 coal you can start crafting an earth wisp to lower your amount. this way you get the most for free.
if you would leave it at 99, you only get the msg... you cannot hold anymore coal.
this rule goes for a lot of stuff. playing like this, you can make max supplies without lossing out on free materials ��
feel free to add me and if you have questions just post them on my wall (i check that more often than the forum)

midnightmeerkat
12-21-13, 04:23 PM

The min seems to be 8 and max 12, Every 12 hours .....if you get only 8 each time the max time it will take to get the snows is 3 days, however you also get 3 from the inn every day, also they only cost 2 gems each so depending how many left to get after a couple of days it may pay to buy the last 2-3

I have collected twice and got 8 and 12 with another 3 from my inn

calipitter
12-21-13, 05:01 PM
Bottom line is I won't spend a single penny on gems no matter how much I enjoyed CS and KC, because I really hate gem traps .....

I repeat: Bottom line is I won't spend a single penny on gems. So TL, stop making these goals so impossible and let people have fun, you know? This goal is so much more attainable for more players if you make it at least 15 days long... into the new year, you know?

While it may not affect the core story line, it certainly is deteriorating the holiday spirit of a lot of players here! :rolleyes:

If you are going to blatantly announce that you are not a paying customer, what incentive does TL have to acknowledge your concerns? You do know they are also trying to make a living, trying to buy their own families Christmas presents too, right? Having said that, I don't begrudge them the attempt to make more but the timing stinks! As do some of the tactics. They really need someone who understands marketing so they don't continue to alienate customers. My two suggestions: 1. I've stated before that it is easier for people to part with $1.99 frequently than $5 once in a great while, so sell a smaller package of gems and I think more people will buy.
2. Don't do these 'stress' goals when people are already stressing. Money is short this time of year for many people.

For some reason TL decided to put out the most Challenging goal at the most inopportune time. I am disappointed that they did that. I just feel bad about the game right now. It is not a joy and I am not having fun.

And one more thing.....I really feel bad for Ivy! She encouraged us to buy those trees because "Belladonna gives the most wonderful gifts!" Poor, poor Ivy! What have your Christmases been like?

belbar22
12-21-13, 05:02 PM
Okay I am giving up on this one and possibly all future timed quests. I am on vacation and was happy enough to spend gems to complete the kingdom inn, but this quest is just too ridiculous. It requires too many materials that are difficult to get. I don't like the way this game is going. Sure these quests are optional but who likes to know there is something you could have but can't because of whatever reason. Worse still, many players start the quests and use precious resources on them before they realise they can't make it and are left with an unfinished building. 50 snowflakes and then lichen and reindeer in 6 days? No fun at all

Totally agree. I have just stored mine. I am on holiday and have no intention of playing continuously to build up the relevant resources required. Very disappointed I wasted any time on it. I am a level 30 player and have been playing about 5 months. This is impossible without logging into your devise every hour or so.

my607
12-21-13, 06:46 PM
This quest is really frustrating. First there's a time limit next you need a lot of things, then these things drop random amount and it takes 12 hours for you to collect.

craterlake
12-21-13, 07:05 PM
This quest is really frustrating. First there's a time limit next you need a lot of things, then these things drop random amount and it takes 12 hours for you to collect.
Hey they must be listening to us finally - my magic garden just dropped 2 magic fruit
and a faerie jar

shelby647
12-21-13, 07:15 PM
Good luck 👍😊. Do you really need to sleep...ever? 😉

moon331
12-21-13, 07:15 PM
Hey they must be listening to use finally my magic garden just dropped 2 magic fruit
and a faerie jar
If only they could make this change earlier... Hope there is a chance to get 3.

craterlake
12-21-13, 07:26 PM
Who knows this thing might be doable after all - now madly collecting truffles (22)and magic fruit(8) for my lichens. Really depend on that drop rate

farmergrandma
12-21-13, 07:32 PM
Never mind

anissada
12-21-13, 07:38 PM
Who knows this thing might be doable after all - now madly collecting truffles (22)and magic fruit(8) for my lichens. Really depend on that drop rate

are there more ways to get truffles, other than the black and royal pig and sir piggles.....

anissada
12-21-13, 07:40 PM
Even a gem sale would be greatly appreciated right now.

snif... do you really not get that us buying gems is the whole purpose of these stupid timebased goals ?
never in my life will i give in to that !

stormie29
12-21-13, 07:45 PM
ireceived 12 snow, then 8 snow, bought one snow but i only have 12 showing! force closed and reinstalled to see if they would show but no luck. very hard to collect all the snow.

bravewarrior
12-21-13, 07:47 PM
Truffles and living wood will be my downfall in this quest.

bravewarrior
12-21-13, 07:49 PM
BTW: I got 15 snowflakes the first collection... and then the app CRASHED. I opened my realm up again and had to do a do over on the collection: eleven!

olcastle
12-21-13, 07:50 PM
Hey they must be listening to us finally - my magic garden just dropped 2 magic fruit
and a faerie jar

Magic garden drops 2 magic fruit sometimes, it's not new.

preinsko
12-21-13, 08:04 PM
i see, just a little tip. check if something is (almost) maxed BEFORE collecting free materials from mine, mill and so.
if you have 99 coal you can start crafting an earth wisp to lower your amount. this way you get the most for free.
if you would leave it at 99, you only get the msg... you cannot hold anymore coal.
this rule goes for a lot of stuff. playing like this, you can make max supplies without lossing out on free materials ��
feel free to add me and if you have questions just post them on my wall (i check that more often than the forum)
Yep, I finally figured that out and I make wisps whenever coal gets to 89, then I make lanterns. That has helped me get the move ahead with expansions. Of course right now my time is on the Raindeer quest; but soon I have to figure out which RP buildings to buy. Thanks for your help and I did send an invite.

rosewaterlily
12-21-13, 08:08 PM
I only got 8 snow my first time exchanging living wood/mushrooms/glimmerdust as well, after only getting three planks all three times I did that exchange. Unfair that some people are getting so many more materials per trade that they potentially do maybe three less exchanges (and 36 hours) total, whereas it will likely take more than six days to complete on my end.

eepopp
12-21-13, 08:46 PM
2nd Royal Exchange Trade - 12 Forever Snow + 1 Trade Ticket
1st Kingdom Inn collection -3 Forever Snow
-------------------------------------------------------
Total Forever Snow collected : 25 (out of 50 needed).

With two more Royal Exchange Trades planned for in the next 24 hours, I should be close to the required 50 Forever Snow by 9:30 am Pacific on Sunday.

I'll Upgrade my Stable to Level 3 then, and plan on collecting from my Inn for the Lichen starting Sunday. I expect to only get one every 24 hours. I unfortunately only have 6 Magic Fruit, so I only have enough for 1 Trade. If I get 5 from 1 trade and 3 from collecting daily from the Inn, I'll buy any missing Lichen at 12 Gems each on Tuesday to Upgrade to Level 4.

On Tuesday, I then plan on assessing how close I'll be to Level 5.

I have only spent less than 10 gems so far for this Level 2 to Level 3 upgrade, but that was only to accelerate the Exchange Trade to a 9-9:30 am/pm Pacific 12 hour cycle. I got one of those offers from Storm8 to play the Home Design Story game (or whatever it's called), so I haven't purchased any gems and am using those free promo gems (Thanks TeamLava / Storm8!)

So for my 3rd Royal Exchange Trade, I got 8 Forever Snow, and I now have 33 total. (I knew my 10+ Snow per collection streak was probably going to break since many people were getting 8 per trade.)

My next trade collection should yield 8-12 Snow, so my total tomorrow could be anywhere from 41 to 45. I plan to buy the remaining Snow (~10 to 18 Gems), because I definitely want all remaining Inn collections focused on Lichen.

I recognize that many of you are upset at the material requirements and limited time constraints, but I'm having a lot of fun with this so far. It's challenging, and if I finish, I know that all the time and inventory that I spend will have a guaranteed payoff, unlike the Thanksgiving Caravan quests in November. I did not start any portion of those Sweepstakes entries. If there were any future type of quests or events planned, I'd rather do something like this.

NeNa3838
12-21-13, 08:53 PM
Hi. Stuck... Pls help... In the Royal Exchange, I don't see the "The Trade With Master Stable". How do I write letters to the stable master?

FigmentValley
12-21-13, 09:10 PM
So.... Am I doing something wrong? My level 5 inn gave me 2 forever snow in one collection. My trade gave me 1 snow in one trade. 12 hours later I got 1 more snow.

4 snow in 24 hours is not a reasonable drop....

Is there some other source I'm missing? I sped with gems to see if that would influence the drops - with no luck.

What gives? There is no way I will be able to come up with 50 snows!!!

HELP!

hottrthanhott
12-21-13, 09:11 PM
Guys! For Glimmerdust, I know it's 40 gems, but I bought the Glimmerdust Trove and it gives 1-3 glimmer dust every 4 hours, I believe. I was lucky to get 3 more from adventures so I rarely run low on Glimmerdust. If you have the 40 gems, it may be worth it for this and other goals.
Hope this helps!

ghjvcucjb
12-21-13, 09:17 PM
So.... Am I doing something wrong? My level 5 inn gave me 2 forever snow in one collection. My trade gave me 1 snow in one trade. 12 hours later I got 1 more snow.

Is there some other source I'm missing? I sped with gems to see if that would influence the drops - with no luck.

HELP!

You are not doing anything wrong. That's one of the irritating problems with random drops. I'm thinking many of us won't be able to finish (without gems).

cloudsail
12-21-13, 09:21 PM

HELP!

I would post in the bugs and support forum, this sounds like something is wrong. You should definitely be getting more than 1 snow from your exchange.

NeNa3838
12-21-13, 09:32 PM
Is the Kingdom Inn the only source of getting Polarian Planks?

NeNa3838
12-21-13, 09:34 PM
Why doesn't my Royal Exchange have that trade?

my607
12-21-13, 09:41 PM
Planks come from the royal exchange too. I don't know why.

petal209
12-21-13, 09:44 PM
What level are you? Mine doesn't have it but that is because my platform will not support the newest updates.....Must be level 22

preinsko
12-21-13, 09:54 PM
First Forever Snow drop fro Inn & Exchange.
3 Forever snow + Wisp from the Inn.
10 Forever snow + 1 Trade Ticket from Exchange.

I hit a Bonanza with my second exchange.
10 Forever Snow + 1 trade ticket.
I finally won the final Trials and Tributes badge (trader) so I received 10 gems. Can use the gems in Raindeer quest.

NeNa3838
12-21-13, 10:10 PM
What level are you? Mine doesn't have it but that is because my platform will not support the newest updates.....Must be level 22

I'm on level 30 and On my 2nd upgrade on the Reindeer Stable. My Royal exchange doesn't have the Polarian Planks trade. When or how do I get it? Pls help :)

vednir
12-21-13, 10:16 PM
The randomness of drops is a huge issue and getting a single snow dropping from the exchange is just another sign how much TL encourages people to spend money.

These timed events clearly demonstrate that TL does not want you to interact with the game more than absolutely necessary. You must hoard any random drops (troll essence, furs), never spend your limited drops unless you have 99 (troll horns, magic fruit), never send an exchange unless you've stockpiled 99 of the item, never use your alicorns unless it's in support of a timed event, never send an adventure 24 hours before the potential weekly update, never collect from your any of your buildings for up to 24 hours prior to an update so you don't lose any time from their ridiculously short timelines.

As for the person who claimed above that you had to spend money to get a voice, the whole point of these games is to convert all of the non-paying players into paying players. TL obviously gets enough money from the false sense of urgency it generates through these short time-limited goals and gem traps to keep pushing them out there. So you can either live with both or find another game to play.

eepopp
12-21-13, 10:20 PM
I'm on level 30 and On my 2nd upgrade on the Reindeer Stable. My Royal exchange doesn't have the Polarian Planks trade. When or how do I get it? Pls help :)

Carefully read the first page of this thread that outlines the steps from Stable placement to Level upgrades.

1) Buy & Place Stable (Stable at Level 1)
2) Upgrade to Level 2 with Planks
3) Upgrade to Level 3 with Snow
4) Upgrade to Level 4 with Lichen
5) Upgrade to Level 5 with Reindeer

If you're at step #2, you should have purchased your stable for ingame coins, and then placed it. Then, to get it out of placement to Upgradeability stage, you needed to turn over 99 wheat and a couple of other things. At that point, your stable is at Level 1.

Once you finished that part, THEN the upgrade to Level 2 goal appears where you have to trade for planks. This manifests by the Royal Exchange getting the new Trade, and if you have a Level 5 Kingdom Inn, the Inn will drop 1 plank for you upon coin collection.

Please verify what you've accomplished.

NeNa3838
12-21-13, 10:21 PM
Edit (KP)

Forever snow
10 living wood
30 glimmer dust
40 mushrooms

And it takes 12 hours

Planks

1 Lumin Essence
2 Enchanter's Essence
6 Troll Essence

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y416/kookypanda99/4A7A09C0-8813-4BD6-844A-EACA0E139310_zpsmktythux.png (http://s1273.photobucket.com/user/kookypanda99/media/4A7A09C0-8813-4BD6-844A-EACA0E139310_zpsmktythux.png.html)

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y416/kookypanda99/6C492CFC-6CFD-471D-8037-33DD12C1E53F_zpset0klqt6.png (http://s1273.photobucket.com/user/kookypanda99/media/6C492CFC-6CFD-471D-8037-33DD12C1E53F_zpset0klqt6.png.html)

Hello. I'm on level 30 and on my 2nd upgrade on the Reindeer Stables. I'm trying to get some Polarian Planks in the Royal Exchange but but I don't have that trade. What am I doing wrong/ what did I miss? Pls help :)

NeNa3838
12-21-13, 10:25 PM
Carefully read the first page of this thread that outlines the steps from Stable placement to Level upgrades.

1) Buy & Place Stable (Stable at Level 1)
2) Upgrade to Level 2 with Planks
3) Upgrade to Level 3 with Snow
4) Upgrade to Level 4 with Lichen
5) Upgrade to Level 5 with Reindeer

If you're at step #2, you should have purchased your stable for ingame coins, and then placed it. Then, to get it out of placement to Upgradeability stage, you needed to turn over 99 wheat and a couple of other things. At that point, your stable is at Level 1.

Once you finished that part, THEN the upgrade to Level 2 starts where you have to trade for planks.

Please verify what you've accomplished.

I already gave 99 wheat and the other things requested but still not in my Royal Exchange :(

cloudsail
12-21-13, 10:26 PM
I really think the single snow from exchange is a bug. I think the lowest drop is 8 and highest I think someone reported 15. I just got 12 from my second snow exchange. Have a total of 26 at this point. Expect to go on two more exchanges and one more Inn collection in the next 24 hours, and will hopefully only be short a few more by that time, which I'll buy with gems. Then a couple more days for the lichen and 12 hours for the reindeer and if all goes well I should be able to finish *knock on wood*.

cloudsail
12-21-13, 10:28 PM
I already gave 99 wheat and the other things requested but still not in my Royal Exchange :(

Did you force close and restart your game?

eepopp
12-21-13, 10:37 PM

Visit a neighbor, touch a couple of hearts and return to your kingdom. The new goal should appear in your quest log.

If not, then do what cloudsail recommended and force close Castle Story and relaunch.

If it still doesn't appear, I got nothing, and recommend you post in the Castle Story Bugs section and/or email Castle Story support. (I have no idea what their email addy is)

Good luck!

midnightmeerkat
12-21-13, 10:49 PM
Hello. I'm on level 30 and on my 2nd upgrade on the Reindeer Stables. I'm trying to get some Polarian Planks in the Royal Exchange but but I don't have that trade. What am I doing wrong/ what did I miss? Pls help :)

The trade pic you quoted is the wrong one ..have you got this trade?11805

moon331
12-21-13, 11:00 PM
Feel stressed on this goal ... :(

DrP4ever
12-21-13, 11:15 PM
If you don't have the trade then try and close and restart. Don't just close it out, you have to really close it out. If that doesn't work, then delete the game and reinstall.

Just got 3 from the Inn, getting 3 from the exchange. I'm never going to make enough snowflakes sadly!

tanderson573
12-21-13, 11:39 PM
I really think the single snow from exchange is a bug. I think the lowest drop is 8 and highest I think someone reported 15. I just got 12 from my second snow exchange. Have a total of 26 at this point. Expect to go on two more exchanges and one more Inn collection in the next 24 hours, and will hopefully only be short a few more by that time, which I'll buy with gems. Then a couple more days for the lichen and 12 hours for the reindeer and if all goes well I should be able to finish *knock on wood*.
I'm in the same boat... Really crossing my fingers that I will be able to finish. I have finished all of the timed goals from glimmer bat till now. It would be a shame if I couldn't get this one done. I'm feeling like I will just squeak by with this one.

Seranda
12-21-13, 11:55 PM
I have been working non stop on this. These are the hardest goals ever. And the timing is sooo long. With one inn visit and one exchange done I'm at 11 snow. I do hope they extend this. Living Wood is so rare and glimmer dust is hard to get too. I have two troves for g dust. The rare items required for these quests are unbelievable! If they don't extend this, I think this will be the last straw (lol pun). This game just doesn't seem to be fun anymore if all these goals are unattainable without spending real money. With all the gem traps in this game, I hate having more than 10 gems on me.

I'm honestly considering quitting all Teamlava games. I've been playing them for a year. It just doesn't seem worth my time anymore if I can't finish goals and story lines. :(

farmergrandma
12-22-13, 12:15 AM
snif... do you really not get that us buying gems is the whole purpose of these stupid timebased goals ?
never in my life will i give in to that !

Wow! Good for you. I'm out of here.