PDA

View Full Version : Calling cards

grover60
12-19-13, 08:42 AM
Now lets face it, this is not a friendly game. We are in competition with each other and as alliances and there is no love lost here. We all want to plunder and pillage and climb the rankings at the expense of everyone else's coins, stones and crowns and we also want to be able to rub our rivals noses in the sweet scent of our own victories. And we want to brag about it, too.

I propose the idea of calling cards, the ability to add an extra level of communication -which is lacking- in the game in the form of a short note we are able to write to a player after a battle. I suggest the attacking player be able somehow to write this note, the same number of characters as a post on global chat, to his/her chosen target regardless of the outcome. The calling card could be used to gloat, congratulate, give advice, a greeting, anything... It would be subject to the filter of course, so notes couldn't be too crude and just left up to the attacker and what he or she would like to say.

What say you?

scottyhaha
12-19-13, 08:54 AM
Sound good, I love the idea. If a got a friendly note I will hunt them down. Put some spice in a good game can make a better game. And maybe they will spend more gems too. When revenge a stronger base they need to become stronger. Become stronger means gems, gems is cash!

SANDSCApe
12-19-13, 09:32 AM
subject to the filter?
The same language filter that won't let you follow the word "but" with the word "it" but allows offensive foul-mouthed people to bypass it with slight spelling variations? NO THANKS!
Nobody's going to use this "calling card" to say "Hi Kathy. It's Grover. It was an honor doing battle with you." No. Players will mostly use it to disrespect their targets, creating a huge headache for FireMocha when the abuse complaints start pouring in. They are already getting tons of complaints about the obscenities in Global Chat. At least when people get nasty there, it doesn't remain visible for long.

The biggest headache with the battle log is that it's crammed with attackers against whom revenge is impossible because of online or shielded status. A note from the attacker will only make the revenge block more frustrating. It will do absolutely nothing to encourage more battles.

syllrag
12-19-13, 10:51 AM
If personal wall and private message haven't been implemented yet, there's no way this is gonna be in the upcoming update. But I like the idea, innovative features are always welcomed.

grover60
12-19-13, 11:34 AM
subject to the filter?
The same language filter that won't let you follow the word "but" with the word "it" but allows offensive foul-mouthed people to bypass it with slight spelling variations? NO THANKS!
Nobody's going to use this "calling card" to say "Hi Kathy. It's Grover. It was an honor doing battle with you." No. Players will mostly use it to disrespect their targets, creating a huge headache for FireMocha when the abuse complaints start pouring in. They are already getting tons of complaints about the obscenities in Global Chat. At least when people get nasty there, it doesn't remain visible for long.

The biggest headache with the battle log is that it's crammed with attackers against whom revenge is impossible because of online or shielded status. A note from the attacker will only make the revenge block more frustrating. It will do absolutely nothing to encourage more battles.

Yes, subject to the language filter. Would you suggest Implementing the idea without it? I also acknowledge quite clearly that people would use it to gloat and to wind others up. That is the beauty of it. I said that no one is friends here and are all looking to get one over on each other so why not allow that to be reflected in the communicative aspect of the game? Abuse complaints. Don't think FM cares too much at all about that looking at this forum in general and as stated, there is no way that anything that doesn't already exist on the game can be written on the card, yes it stays there as a permanent reminder but therein lies the beauty of the idea, it will make revenge easier and not more difficult as you state. If someone receives a calling card, then it would be a permanent reminder of the attacker, therefore allowing the victim to take their revenge , in theory, at any time, not just as long as the attack log keeps that attack on page.

And lastly, yes of course it would encourage more battles. Look at your response to me? You read something you don't like that adds a personal edge and it makes you angry, this making you far more likely to go out there and seek out your tormentor and make them eat their words. This idea would allow people to add insult to injury but also allow a longer lasting opportunity to allow revenge which would be made sweeter. Like I said in my OP, this is not a friendly game.

Chianti
12-19-13, 12:24 PM
Calling cards?

"K.I.S.S." - best acronym ever. These developers are having extreme issues with the game itself, so lets just keep things simple. We need the ability to send private messages to people inside the game. End of story. No complication.