PDA

View Full Version : Help! Cannot pass level 256

kwhung
12-19-13, 07:07 AM
There are too few ghosts provided to defeat the evil gummy bear by 100%. Please fix it.

http://i42.tinypic.com/s16rlw.png

MiniLaura
12-19-13, 09:07 AM
I am having the same problem. I always seem to pass tough levels eventually, but I've been playing this level for a week, and I never get closer than around 25%. I can have a good game going (knocking down 50% in 15 moves or so), but then I don't get any ghosts for several moves and it's all over.

I actively work to get sugar blast and candy scoop places, but nothing I do allows me to pass the level!

Has ANYONE passed this level?

Burroughs7
12-23-13, 03:02 AM
I'm currently on level 265 :O)

kwhung
12-23-13, 08:20 AM

How could you pass 256 ?

Burroughs7
12-24-13, 05:41 AM
A lot of patience!!! It doesn't get much easier after this level...Merry Christmas!

MiniLaura
12-24-13, 10:22 AM

Did you buy a lot of extra turns? I'm reluctant to use any boosts because I don't even get close to finishing.

bukowski112
12-29-13, 09:50 PM
I'm having the same problem with 256. I never get far enough that using boosts would be beneficial toward helping me beat it. I've played this level over 50 times already and the furthest I've gotten is 18%. There aren't enough monsters to destroy in order to reach the goal and they are pretty inconsistent in how many/how often they drop. This is maddening. I love this game and I'm good enough at it to know that if I haven't come close to passing this level after this many attempts, then it must be a poorly constructed level. The admins clearly need to address this issue.

MiniLaura
12-30-13, 09:48 AM
I never get far enough that using boosts would be beneficial toward helping me beat it.
yep, I feel the same way. I would be more than happy to use boosts and/or spend gems for extra turns if I could get close to finishing the level. No point in doing that if I'm not even in single digits!

Burroughs7
12-31-13, 06:38 AM
Did you buy a lot of extra turns? I'm reluctant to use any boosts because I don't even get close to finishing.

Nope - Didn't buy anything extra - Just the daily ones. I did take me a while to get past that level and there are a couple more like that afterwards which was annoying but I've completed them all now and waiting for another update :OD

Miflatzonet
01-01-14, 05:33 PM
I'm at 261 now and I'm pretty sure I only got past 256 because I really got lucky... you know how some times you play a level and all the candies align in your favour and matches "magically" happen and also a lot of boost-making-combos n such, and then you can play that same level and have absolutely no good matches to make?

I have to admit that I really enjoy the challenge in these new levels, but an hour recharge for one energy when you hardly ever get gems from those chests things if waaay too long to wait (I always get boosts, and if I don't use them when I get them they disappear the next time I open the game :\)

Sawabugh
01-02-14, 06:43 AM
That sounds awful, I'm starting to think I should delete the app now while only stuck on 63! LoL. I saw someone else say 262 is really bad since there aren't enough purple ghosts showing up. That's the problem I'm having at 63 only I need 50 blue/yellow candies and hardly any show up and if they do the ghosts get them. This isn't a matter if being "good at the game", it's just luck if draw and hoping to eventually get the right combo. Kind of like slot machines I guess. Good luck every one.

Phaedrakiki
01-02-14, 02:31 PM
No! Don't delete now...this game is so much fun! :D On Level 63, make sure when the round starts, there are plenty of blue & yellow candies onscreen. That way you can start making matches right away (preferably next to a Gobbler--so you can stun/get rid of them...) If there aren't many of the candy type you need, press pause & then back arrow to restart the game. As long as you don't touch anything, it doesn't waste an energy. You can "shop" for good boards this way on any level, which comes in handy as you move along into more challenging levels... Collect the higher number candies, while watching out for ways to get rid of Gobblers (preferably with your "needed" candy matches.) Also, make as many 4 & 5-candy matches as you can...those Candy Scoops & Sugar Blasts are SO helpful!

Good luck!

ktb222
03-19-14, 03:56 PM
I am having the same problem on 256. I get down to the high teens, but no more ghosts or blocks to smash. I bought some extra lives to try and figure out different ways to encourage more ghosts last night, but if it's going to be like this and not give you enough of what you need regardless of strategy, I may as well not waste my time. I love a challenge, but this level is not right and will take a crazy amount of luck. I use the lives I have left, but if this issue isn't addressed soon, I won't play or commend it to anyone any more.