PDA

View Full Version : Book club theme

zaaracake
12-19-13, 03:51 AM
TL has already given a nod to all us readers out there with their bookshelf floor decor, but for one of those in-between months that don't have a holiday or seasonal theme, I reckon a reading/book club theme would be great..we could have Manu script/bookmark tables and A/Z bookend stools, bookworm floor decor, and reading round robin/bookmark wall decor. And the theme food could be cupcakes or cookies based around famous novels or literary characters. The main prize could be a book club meeting.I'm pretty sure this would be a popular quest. What do you guys think?

goofy42
12-19-13, 11:28 AM
TL has already given a nod to all us readers out there with their bookshelf floor decor, but for one of those in-between months that don't have a holiday or seasonal theme, I reckon a reading/book club theme would be great..we could have Manu script/bookmark tables and A/Z bookend stools, bookworm floor decor, and reading round robin/bookmark wall decor. And the theme food could be cupcakes or cookies based around famous novels or literary characters. The main prize could be a book club meeting.I'm pretty sure this would be a popular quest. What do you guys think?

That is a marvelous idea. I love it! It really would work, because it isn't an age-related theme..There might be items for kids, and for adults, as well. I used to work in a library, so I'm all for this great idea! Thanks for presenting it, and I hope others agree!

MsBrookeNicole
12-19-13, 11:41 AM
I love that idea! Once winter is over, I plan to make a little nook with bookshelves so more things to add would be wonderful.

mergirl96
12-19-13, 11:45 AM
This is a fantastic idea! I'm a major bookworm so I would love something like this, especially if we got some famous characters from good novels.

nky1111
12-19-13, 12:10 PM
my granny has some of these.. altho i still can't figure out howto turn them on. probably their batteries have dried long ago ))))))))))))))

justmine2
12-19-13, 12:40 PM
that would be great!!

irlanda_c
12-19-13, 02:32 PM
Excellent idea!! Something you can actually can see in a cafe shop. Not that hard team lava!!

pipipooh1977
12-19-13, 02:52 PM
Could do a Barnes & Noble type thing, have a coffee and book theme in one! :D

jdelvalle1
12-20-13, 04:09 PM
I've been trying to have a nice library area in my cafe for ages, but the decor is so little, it's a little discouraging. I have the standard decor bookshelves, the round gem one, a few couches, lamps....but I would love 2 new bookshelves that were all books without decor (candles, ect), so I could alternate them & create a nice experience... especially now that I have my barista counter, I really wish there was more coffee/book shop feeling decor. I want it not to feel too kiddy or girly...that's what my garden is for lol

cherryberry9
12-20-13, 04:12 PM
I'll be honest, I'm not in for a book club theme, not my favourite type of thing but I'm happy you want a book theme.:)

zaaracake
12-20-13, 09:56 PM
No worries, this place is all about feedback! Hi nbr!

zaaracake
12-20-13, 09:59 PM
I read somewhere on the forum about having more baking-related floor displays, like loretta rolling out a pie crust etc...I don't remember where I read this but it's a great idea...

xoxjenn
12-21-13, 12:35 AM
I am not all that into reading &/or book clubs, but I think it is a great theme for a bakery & I would definitely buy the items! There is so much TL could do with this theme, also.

Ideas:
Stack of books table/chair.
A wallpaper that looks like pages of books? (Maybe too much, lol.)
Shelves with books on them (as a wall decor).
A bookworm floor piece.

zifun
12-26-13, 10:26 PM
i love the book theme idea as well! especially if there is a goal associated with it

sally_brown
12-31-13, 08:20 PM
I would love a book theme! I've made sort of reading corner in my bakery, and I'd love to expand it.

cozyreader13
01-01-14, 04:48 AM
Considering I'm a bookworm and read 66 books this year. I would love a book / bookstore theme