PDA

View Full Version : Back arrow disappeared

Angelus002
12-16-13, 02:17 PM
I use to have a back arrow when I visited nbrs I would click on social from their island and there would be a back arrow in the upper left hand corner to go back a menu. It is no longer there. I used it to move from nbr to nbr faster than having to go back to my island then go to another nbr. Is there anyway to pls get that back button back. Thank you for all y'all's hard work on these games that we love so much. ❤️❤️ Erik

FrozenTurtle
12-16-13, 02:31 PM
This was a recent design change. You will need to tap on the "social" icon again to go back to the social menu. Sorry for any confusion!

Angelus002
12-16-13, 02:53 PM
I'm Sry but I don't understand. When I visit my nbr I can only touch the social icon once. Then the menu says community , nbr and invite. The social icon at the bottom of the screen is no longer available to touch again unless you X out of that menu. The only way to visit another nbr is go home then menu. But there used to be a back button from that social screen from your nbrs. It is there from my home screen but not when I visit nbrs. So how do I hit the social button again if it disappears after hitting once from a nbrs screen? Sry if I'm not following you on that exactly.

FrozenTurtle
12-16-13, 03:12 PM
The social icon is available when viewing your neighbor's island. You have to go through that menu to access your neighbor's list again.

kbrown0410
12-16-13, 03:13 PM
You should be able to go from neighbour to neighbour following the Socail>Neighbour trail. The social button should be available on every neighbour's screen - at least it is on mine.

Angelus002
12-16-13, 03:36 PM
Awe, now I see the confusion. I'm not wanting to go to my list of nbrs. I'm wanting to go back to my posts or news feed. The back button would take me back to that options menu of news feed, social or my wall, From my nbrs island. That option is no longer available. Now I have to go back to my island to access my news feed or wall. It was quicker using that back button. I hope this clears up what I was trying to convey.

NouraMoh
12-16-13, 04:34 PM
The social icon is available when viewing your neighbor's island. You have to go through that menu to access your neighbor's list again.

Mr. Turtle
We used to be able to have a look at a neighbour's album with that little blue arrow. It was fun and it's was a good way to show off our full complete albums
You guys took that feature away and now nobody's motivated to keep up
I know I'm not
I threw my Dino in Stable and sold his habitat cause nobody is gonna notice
I did the same with Virtue. And I think Forest and Air are next

I know I have a full album and I can see all my dragons. But what's the point when I can't share it with others

danni7788
12-16-13, 04:41 PM
Mr. Turtle
We used to be able to have a look at a neighbour's album with that little blue arrow. It was fun and it's was a good way to show off our full complete albums
You guys took that feature away and now nobody's motivated to keep up
I know I'm not
I threw my Dino in Stable and sold his habitat cause nobody is gonna notice
I did the same with Virtue. And I think Forest and Air are next

I know I have a full album and I can see all my dragons. But what's the point when I can't share it with others

I agree with this! I have nowhere near a full album but I enjoyed seeing others

Lesimony
12-16-13, 07:29 PM
I also find it a lot more time consuming to have to go home and have my island reload when I am trying to visit all the people on my newsfeed or wall. I also enjoyed viewing other peoples albums and knowing they could view mine.

doop01
12-17-13, 12:12 AM
I know it was stated earlier that the removal was due to privacy issues to do with viewing nbr's albums. Ok, i can understand that I guess. But why not just remove that feature? Why remove the access to our own walls while visiting? I hope this is changed back. It is very annoying, I'm sure that I'm not the only one that visits via wall posts first, rather than just from the nbr list :(

Kami365
12-17-13, 05:41 AM
I know it was stated earlier that the removal was due to privacy issues to do with viewing nbr's albums. Ok, i can understand that I guess. But why not just remove that feature? Why remove the access to our own walls while visiting? I hope this is changed back. It is very annoying, I'm sure that I'm not the only one that visits via wall posts first, rather than just from the nbr list :(

Exactly I'd understand privacy of each neighbors album,yeah why remove back arrow while visiting,please TL change back, now I'm less visiting neighbors island,b'coz each time I have to go back to own island than access to my wall,this option consume time.

gdmcrjunkie
12-17-13, 11:34 AM
I don't understand what the album has to do with privacy, the dragons are already on display... But either way surely there's another way of hiding it? Please let us see our news/wall while visiting other islands!

Angelus002
12-18-13, 02:24 AM
Hi, i was wondering why I had not received an answer to my last post. And also why others are saying that the back arrow was removed due to privacy as I see No post from TeamLava saying that it was removed for privacy. Thank you for looking into this for me and also for making such fun games.  ps: I don't see what the back arrow has to do with privacy concerns as it was only used to get back to My newsfeed or wall, which as I hope you know, the wall is the main feature that makes TeamLava games stand out from all others. The ability to converse with nbrs instead of just visit them makes all the difference in the world. As others have said, it makes you not want to visit nbrs anymore due to this inconvenience.

sabrinainde
12-18-13, 02:13 PM
I'm going to put my two cents in on this issue - this was a terrible move. I really don't get the "privacy" issue for the dragon album. Why do we need to keep dragons private?! They're on our island. It has become very cumbersome and time-consuming to visit the people who have visited you and posted on your wall. We need to back button to return!!

Angelus002
12-19-13, 10:01 AM
Hi, I'm just checking back.:)

jim23cash
12-21-13, 04:19 AM
Please, Please, Please! Put the arrow back to go to our msg page while visiting. I visit from the msgs left by neighbors and it's a huge hassle to add all the steps and waiting. This issue could be fixed another way, surely? I don't care either way about albums or my lack of privacy around which dragons I have (Really? Someone actually CARES if others can see their albums?) but my ability to visit neighbors as easily as possible is really important. Please consider fixing this fix!! Thank you!

asyran2012
12-21-13, 06:37 AM

Pretty much everyone knows that! But we would like to visit our neighbours much quicker! I wonder what's the problem of visiting other people's album... :/
Please TL! Change this back to it's original format :p

NouraMoh
12-21-13, 08:31 PM
I second that request!
I want that blue arrow back!

asyran2012
12-24-13, 02:07 AM
Anyone would like to try PM-ing a CM? Give it a try :p

kooky panda
12-24-13, 10:32 AM
This was a recent design change. You will need to tap on the "social" icon again to go back to the social menu. Sorry for any confusion!

Anyone would like to try PM-ing a CM? Give it a try :p

The question has been answered by a CM earlier in the thread. This was done by design to protect the privacy of players albums.

Members are welcome to leave constructive feedback, but please do not keep bumping this thread.

Bumping threads is against the forum rules. (http://forum.storm8.com/forumdisplay.php?6-Forum-Rules-amp-Policies)