PDA

View Full Version : A few suggestions on troop donations and air units

Chianti
12-16-13, 10:41 AM
With the alliance portal now able to support upwards of 30 housing spaces, I believe some modification needs to be made.

1) After the recent game update boosting defenses, most players (at least in my range) prefer using the higher end units (dragons, etc.) This often leaves the portal with open housing spaces if the person selected dragon or knight as their preferred donation. What I propose is adding secondary preferences. Instead of a "*" being placed next to your preferred unit, allow us to place a "1" (multiple if necessary, just like you can place multiple *'s) for our primary unit requests, and a "2"'s for our secondary unit requests.

For example, I could place a "1" on Dragons and Knights, and a "2" on archers and demolitionists. The "1" would continue to show up as a gold banner, and the 2 would show up as a silver banner (just a suggestion). This way, if I go to donate troops, and someone has already donated a dragon (leaving only 5 housing spaces left) I would know to donate either warriors, archers, demolitionists, etc.

2) I know this one is a "reach" goal, but I believe you should also allow players to build troops marked for donation purposes only. For a while, I was using dragons and air bombers exclusively, leaving me unable to help donate troops to my fellow alliance members requesting archers and other units. You should allow the alliance portal to build troops which cannot be used in battle, marked for donation exclusively. This way, people can donate irrespective of their primary army layout. The troops should have their own housing limitation (not part of the 240 army limitation), so we can build troops for donation without affecting our attacking army.

3) On a similar note, I believe it's time to add an anti-air bomb or trap. Higher end bases can often (sometimes) handle both all-air or all-ground attacks, but lower end bases can choose to configure for either air attacks, leaving them vulnerable to ground attacks, or vice versa. Anti air-unit bombs or traps will help.

SANDSCApe
12-16-13, 11:13 AM
Upwards of 30 housing spaces? That means 30 OR MORE! The Alliance Portal goes up to level 5 with a MAXIMUM capacity of 30 troops.

Chianti
12-16-13, 05:27 PM
Upwards of 30 housing spaces? That means 30 OR MORE! The Alliance Portal goes up to level 5 with a MAXIMUM capacity of 30 troops.

Take a look at the troop descriptions, my friend. Each one shows how much "Housing Space" it requires. A level 5 Portal can accommodate 30 troops if you are only using warriors archers demolitionists or thief's; they all only require 1 housing space.

On the other hand, Assasins require 2, summoners 8, airships 4, bears and wizards 5, mages and knights 15, a finally dragons require 25, so only 1 dragon can fit in an Alliance portal, with 5 housing spaces left. You can use those spaces for 5 archers, or 1 airship and 1 archer, or 1 bear... you get my point.

kittensabc
12-16-13, 06:58 PM
I believe it's time to add an anti-air bomb or trap.

I was actually thinking about this yesterday, and I came up with two or three one-time missiles that can each destroy three airships/one healer/10~25% damage to a dragon. (Provided the three airships are close together) I think that that is perfectly reasonable, considering that bombs (The big kind) and pit traps can cause mass damage. They would cost somewhere around 30k each and would be subject to the normal worker-less placement rules. This wouldn't be enough to destroy air units as an effective troop, it would just add another weapon in the meager air-defense arsenal.