PDA

View Full Version : Compatible models?

kbrown0410
12-15-13, 11:14 AM
Not sure if this question can be answered without proper experimentation. I'm looking at buying myself a tablet (most likely low-end, nothing fancy), and ideally I'd like to move my DS game there. Is there any way to know if a specific model is compatible with the game, other than trying and buying? Is there a list anywhere?

Know it's a long shot, but hopefully someone could help.

yayacupcake
12-15-13, 11:35 AM
Assuming you are taking about Android tablets since you said low-end (guessing cheap). Probably not a list but what you are going to want to look at are the CPU and Memory. You should at least get 1GB of memory and I think a dual-core CPU should be fine.

But we're talking about the Android version of Dragon Story here, so any tablet, low-end or high-end plays pretty horribly. Just expect crashes, navigation issues and general issues getting around your own island (don't bother visiting anyone else).

kbrown0410
12-15-13, 11:58 AM
Yeah, Android and reasonably cheap (bout 100-150€/200€ range). Phone not really cutting it anymore, though no problems with navigation. Just looking for something with reasonable amount of memory and storage so I can install other things on the phone instead.

jimmiejoe
12-15-13, 01:31 PM
But we're talking about the Android version of Dragon Story here, so any tablet, low-end or high-end plays pretty horribly. Just expect crashes, navigation issues and general issues getting around your own island (don't bother visiting anyone else).

Dragon Story works just fine on my Galaxy Tab.

kooky panda
12-15-13, 01:57 PM
Not sure if this question can be answered without proper experimentation. I'm looking at buying myself a tablet (most likely low-end, nothing fancy), and ideally I'd like to move my DS game there. Is there any way to know if a specific model is compatible with the game, other than trying and buying? Is there a list anywhere?

Know it's a long shot, but hopefully someone could help.

kbrown- There is no set list but you can maybe get a list together of the tablets you are looking at and send an email to support@teamlava.com and ask them which ones are compatible.

yayacupcake
12-15-13, 03:54 PM
Dragon Story works just fine on my Galaxy Tab.

So no force closes, scrolling around your island is easy, going between multiple neighbors is easy? No lag and the UI runs smooth?

crystalrayn3
12-15-13, 11:55 PM
I use an iPad Air (Santa came early this year ;-) ) and I find playing all my TL games much easier & more enjoyable using a tablet. More apps are geared toward iOS users especially those put out by TL. The updates seem to go much smoother as well. There are many older generation iPads for sale online & you can usually find one for around $150-200. Just make sure the seller is reputable.