PDA

View Full Version : WTF? Troops are AWOL

Saphire8
12-13-13, 10:18 AM
After getting to Level 21, I am still unable to figure out a few important things. Like how to figure out which kind of troops I bring to a battle. I train up a well-rounded crew, & when I show up at the battle, half of them aren't even there, like my demolitionists. When I look at the barracks, they're right there, but when I check in on the army posts, they're not there, & nothing I do seems to change that. After having my head handed to me a couple times lately (by lower-level players), I'm more than a little bit ticked off about this.

jahil
12-13-13, 10:26 AM
You seeing them in the barracks means you are still training them, troops that are done training are seen in the army post!!!! There is a certain training time for each troop... Learn about it...

sand
12-13-13, 10:32 AM
Learn about it...

Let's get a few things straight.

What troops will be available on the battlefield?
Check the Army Post. Tap any Post, and the TROOPS button will show you exactly what troops you have on hand, collectively; i.e., it will show what is housed in total (you won't get a post-by-post breakdown). These are exactly the same troops - type and number - that you will see at the bottom of your screen when you are out on the battlefields, with possibly one addition - the portal unit. On the battlefield, the portal unit will be to the far right of the troop selection bar.

Which troops are queued up to enter the Army Posts?
Check the Barracks. Tap any Barracks and the TRAIN button will show you all your barracks with a separate queue for each one. The troops clustered to the left side of each queue are the ones who will enter your Army Posts next. You can change the order of the queue by removing any cluster that's in front of the ones you want next. That will bump the wanted troops toward the front (left side) of the queue. You can then add back the troops you removed so that they go to the back (right side) of the queues.

What happens when you donate?
Donations go out from your Army Posts. Beware that if your Barracks has troops training and you donate to your allies, troops will drop in from the Barracks to replace the ones that went out from the Posts. This will often happen INSTANTLY. Likewise, if you are training troops while you battle, any ready troops will drop into the Army Posts as soon as you return home, with others close on their heels.

How to manage troop replacements?
Get into the habit of checking both the Army Post and the Barracks as you head out to battle, to ensure that troop replacement goes the way you want upon your return. Also, if you want to keep the same configuration in your Army Post, make sure the Barracks is either empty before you donate or that the troops at the front (left side) of the queue are the ones you are donating. Alternately, you can use donations as an opportunity to change the configuration of your ready troops by adjusting the Barracks queues to replace your donated troops with a different type.

Finally, take note that troops don't entirely come out of the Barracks in the same order you entered them, otherwise your queue for each Barracks would be too long. The system will automatically cluster troops by type. That means if you add a Bear when other Bears are already being trained, that Bear may not join the back of the line; it may jump the line to join other Bears already there. The system also tries to use all available Barracks space, so 60 Thieves will likely be spread into clusters, but no more than one cluster in each queue.

joylogan
12-13-13, 11:11 AM
After getting to Level 21, I am still unable to figure out a few important things. Like how to figure out which kind of troops I bring to a battle. I train up a well-rounded crew, & when I show up at the battle, half of them aren't even there, like my demolitionists. When I look at the barracks, they're right there, but when I check in on the army posts, they're not there, & nothing I do seems to change that. After having my head handed to me a couple times lately (by lower-level players), I'm more than a little bit ticked off about this.

novato

Saphire8
12-14-13, 09:31 AM
Thanks! Your reply is worth More than gold...and answered so many of my questions. Just one remains (& hopefully you'll not laugh too hard at my ignorance)~ but where did these Q&A come from? (It sure didn't come from the pitiful Help/FAQ section.)

kittensabc
12-14-13, 11:00 AM
Thanks! Your reply is worth More than gold...and answered so many of my questions. Just one remains (& hopefully you'll not laugh too hard at my ignorance)~ but where did these Q&A come from? (It sure didn't come from the pitiful Help/FAQ section.)

Sand posted that on this thread in response to a similar question
http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?61835-A-way-to-know-what-troops-will-show-up