PDA

View Full Version : Patch Notes - December 12, 2013

FrozenTurtle
12-12-13, 04:10 PM
http://i.imgur.com/ciCOMQt.png
Hey everyone, I've included a list of today's changes in this post. These changes apply to all versions, but remember that not all versions will have the same available units. We recommend upgrading to the most currently version, Kingdom Clash 1.3.4 (https://itunes.apple.com/app/id638320037?mt=8&at=10l3QL&ct=forum), which you can find in the App Store.

Troops

Assassins

Now target Alliance Portal Troops in addition to Royal Hall (whichever is closer).

Other

Alliance Portal

The trigger radius has been increased.

jenmer8907
12-12-13, 08:18 PM
Can't do anything please help
I updated my version of kingdom clash. Went to play kicked me off multiple times telling me my connection was bad it's completely full. then wouldn't let me chat so I restarted my fully updated iPad. Let me send one message then did then same thing all over again so I uninstalled and reinstalled the game. Have done this process multiple times now. Emailed support prob won't get a real response for a few days, in the mean time I'm loosing resources and crowns. I am really frustrated by all this and I just bought gems tonight as well. What do I do?

sand
12-13-13, 02:11 PM
Can't do anything please help
I updated my version of kingdom clash. Went to play kicked me off multiple times telling me my connection was bad it's completely full. then wouldn't let me chat so I restarted my fully updated iPad. Let me send one message then did then same thing all over again so I uninstalled and reinstalled the game. Have done this process multiple times now. Emailed support prob won't get a real response for a few days, in the mean time I'm loosing resources and crowns. I am really frustrated by all this and I just bought gems tonight as well. What do I do?

Many players are complaining of chat problems after the last update. Version 1.3.3 is running fine. It just doesn't have the new chat interface. Can you possibly revert to that version until they sort out the bugs in v. 1.3.4? If you synced your device with your computer after downloading 1.3.3, but haven't synced since updating, then that previous version is still in your iTunes files. You can delete the app from your iPhone or iPad and do a sync to get back on v.1.3.3 for the time being.

mainmike
12-13-13, 06:57 PM
is the app for android gone for good? i was following the advice in an e-mail to uninstall and reinstall. but to my surprise NO APP on the market. Has the game game been recalled for good?

goddessnikole
12-13-13, 10:47 PM
Mike, I have a friend who is also on Android, and they received the same issue. Would be a shame if they simply didn't port the game correctly and are refusing to implement changes properly to Google customers.

is the app for android gone for good? i was following the advice in an e-mail to uninstall and reinstall. but to my surprise NO APP on the market. Has the game game been recalled for good?

goddessnikole
12-13-13, 10:48 PM
JEEEENNNNNN..... Please update me on your status. I'm really unhappy your game isn't acting right. What I do not understand is how some iOS users have no problems and other's do..

syllrag
12-14-13, 12:39 AM

Mike, I have a friend who is also on Android, and they received the same issue. Would be a shame if they simply didn't port the game correctly and are refusing to implement changes properly to Google customers.

I think they are ditching the android development, since developing for Android is more difficult due to the multiple operating systems and variety of devices. Their effort/cost for developing the android version also terribly outweigh the benefit/profit they get from it. Storm8 mod had been locking threads on android topic and prohibits the topic, so be careful.

Reference:
http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?53559-Feedback-Android-parity-discussion-Part-4/page110

kittensabc
12-14-13, 10:53 AM
I think they are ditching the android development, since developing for Android is more difficult due to the multiple operating systems and variety of devices. Their effort/cost for developing the android version also terribly outweigh the benefit/profit they get from it. Storm8 mod had been locking threads on android topic and prohibits the topic, so be careful.

Reference:
http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?53559-Feedback-Android-parity-discussion-Part-4/page110

That is a shame, I can play Kingdom Clash on my ipad, but I would prefer to have it on my android phone so as to play it more often...

mainmike
12-14-13, 12:07 PM
i agree with you guys. i love playing this game. i actually miss it. It was a good up-all-night game for me. Does anyone know of a similiar game that works on an android phone?

goddessnikole
12-14-13, 03:10 PM
Isn't it all the same OS? I'm not versed in this but I thought all google operated on same OS just had multiple devices.

goddessnikole
12-14-13, 03:11 PM
i agree with you guys. i love playing this game. i actually miss it. It was a good up-all-night game for me. Does anyone know of a similiar game that works on an android phone?
Clash of Clans is similar mike

HenryLucky1
12-14-13, 04:04 PM
This game is just a copy from game Clash of clans, try it, coc is better than this

HenryLucky1
12-14-13, 04:06 PM
Clash of Clans is similar mike

Similar, better, better and better

syllrag
12-14-13, 10:53 PM
Isn't it all the same OS? I'm not versed in this but I thought all google operated on same OS just had multiple devices.

There are several versions of android: jellybean for v4.1.x, kitkat for v4.4, etc. The developer would need to test run the apps on the different versions and code it properly to avoid any compatibility issues. Similar with in iOS, when iOS 7 was released, the developer would need to check whether their apps have issues with the latest version and implement a fix when needed; likewise, apps which run in iOS 6&7 might not be available/supported for iOS 5 or lower.

Different devices would also affect the code, such as in some cases, some iPad apps have another different app for the iPhone version, and some iPhone apps also aren't available on iPad. Apps that run on the big screen of Samsung Galaxy S4 might have some issues when run in the small screen of Sony Xperia Mini. The apps would need to be test run on those different devices and coded accordingly to be able to run properly without bugs and incompatibility issues.

Those are a lot of effort to develop a good android apps that could run without any issue with most of the android devices and versions. Furthermore, a research mentioned that android users are less likely to spend money compared to iOS users, both for iAP and apps purchasing. App developers developing for both iOS and android mentioned that 80% or more of their revenue come from the iOS platform apps. Therefore, the cost is greater than the benefit. You can read some articles on developers dropping their support for android.

CMIIW, since I am also not too well versed on apps development.

----

Reference:

An article from electronista in 2012.

Battleheart's creator Mika Mobile in an update explained that it was dropping Android support. Google's platform was losing money for the company, since it spent about 20 percent of its time supporting the platform but only ever made five percent or less of the company's revenue. Much of the effort was spent on issues specific to Android, where the diversity was only creating problems rather than helping.

"I would have preferred spending that time on more content for you, but instead I was thanklessly modifying shaders and texture formats to work on different GPUs, or pushing out patches to support new devices without crashing, or walking someone through how to fix an installation that wouldn't go through," one half of the husband and wife duo said. "We spent thousands on various test hardware. These are the unsung necessities of offering our apps on Android."

As such, the company could "no longer legitimize" the effort spent. Even a long-sought answer from Google, which allowed up to 4GB of hosted content so that developers didn't have to offer their own separate downloads for large apps, wasn't deemed worth reworking the software.

The statements are most suited to game development rather than general apps, but do reflect a hesitance from major developers to support Android for gaming. While Apple's iOS has a narrow spread of hardware, this and an emphasis on high-end graphics has given developers a consistent and more easily optimized platform to support.

Apple may have also fostered a culture willing to pay for good content that doesn't yet exist for Google. Metrics from mobile tracking firms have shown Android making just a sixth of iOS' revenue as the bias is much more in favor of free apps in the Google Play Store. Rovio's Angry Birds line is only available as a free, ad-supported version on Android as it was assumed too many would either refuse to buy a full copy or would pirate the title instead.