PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story: 12/12/2013 Update Christmas Trees

Pages : [1] 2

Aggwynn
12-12-13, 11:15 AM
Hi All,

The holidays are nearing! We hope you got all your shopping done!

Today's update:

1) 3 Christmas Trees are going to be available in the Market for a limited time: Classic Christmas Tree, Winter White Tree, and Grand Christmas Tree
- All 3 Trees drop random items that can be found throughout the game
- Classic Christmas Trees have a low chance of dropping valuable items
- Winter White Trees have a better chance than the Classic Christmas Tree at dropping valuable items
- Grand Christmas Trees have a better chance than the Winter White Tree at dropping valuable items
- Trees on your game board will not disappear after the Limited Time Event

2) A short quest line will be available for a limited time around these 3 Trees
- Like other Limited Time Quests, this is optional

http://i.imgur.com/dfBGeGA.jpg http://i.imgur.com/HYVzHJP.jpg http://i.imgur.com/rrbPB4x.jpg

Enjoy!

Aggwynn
12-12-13, 11:16 AM
Edit(KP) 1-3-2014

Sorry! Christmas Trees were storable temporarily, but unfortunately, we had to turn off this ability. When you store a Christmas Tree that's been chopped, even if it's down to to the last one, you can pull it back out and chop the whole thing again. This is an exploit, which would allow players to infinitely chop trees for loot. While that sounds like a party, it's bad for the game's economy. We've passed on the feedback that you'd like to store them, but for now, this isn't an option.

aimeeq
12-12-13, 11:22 AM
Yay! I just got home! Is it possible to have all of them?

hottrthanhott
12-12-13, 11:25 AM
Awesome! New update! I'll like to know what they drop before I purchase them! HINT PLEASE! :)
I checked already, it's not available for me yet. Can't wait!

Castloninian
12-12-13, 11:29 AM
Awesome! New update! I'll like to know what they drop before I purchase them! HINT PLEASE! :)
I checked already, it's not available for me yet. Can't wait!

I think it will be another hour and a half, before it's available, it is usually at 8pm UK time. I guess these trees will need to be bought with gems?

josh090813
12-12-13, 11:51 AM
I hope at least the classic tree doesn't require gems. I lost nearly all of my gems by accident (20 for 12 energy and 8 to speed up a super glue, wasted!) over the last couple days. If I can only get one with gems I'll be even more frustrated with how this game is run.

hottrthanhott
12-12-13, 12:27 PM
I think it will be another hour and a half, before it's available, it is usually at 8pm UK time. I guess these trees will need to be bought with gems?

Ok. I'll check back then. And yes, I'm afraid it will be a gem purchase. That's why I would like to know what "random items that can be found throughout the game" will it drop before I consider spending gems.

Castloninian
12-12-13, 12:34 PM
Maybe sap? Apparently a sap tree is in the pipeline...

dezzzila
12-12-13, 12:46 PM
Maybe sap? Apparently a sap tree is in the pipeline...

To me, sap from a Christmas tree doesn't make much sense. I would expect gifts not associated with trees, like the presents under the tree.

Castloninian
12-12-13, 12:55 PM
I am always so low on sap, it would be a good present for me :)

bethmadison
12-12-13, 01:03 PM
Chopped my first Classic and got 1) creep tooth 2) wood 3) 1 energy

bethmadison
My second classic was 1) trade ticket 2) wood and 3) 10 energy

My third classic tree chop was 1) a stone block 2) 1 red petal 3) 3 energy...

Going to do the winter white next...

dezzzila

How much of each? That sounds like crazy low for $25,000

dezzzila
12-12-13, 01:04 PM
I am always so low on sap, it would be a good present for me :)

Hahaha I understand!

JayUK69
12-12-13, 01:04 PM
Oh well, i'll sit this one out aswell. Did the first as it rewarded with 30 gems that you spend on the tree. Won't be spending 180 gems on the second part.

Maybe you can give some quests that don't rely on loads of gems too?

Castloninian
12-12-13, 01:06 PM
First quest is to buy 3 classic trees for 25,000 coins each, and 1 winter white tree for 30 gems. The reward for doing that is 30 gems so you basically get the winter white for free. But then the next quest is to buy 3 more winter whites and 1 grand tree, which will cost a total of 180 gems for a 30 gem reward... Who's going to so that?

Queenzod
My second classic was 1) trade ticket 2) wood and 3) 10 energy

My third classic tree chop was 1) a stone block 2) 1 red petal 3) 3 energy...

Going to do the winter white next...

My first gave me 3 wood. A load of BS. Plus, 30 gems for a tree you then CHOP DOWN? I don't get this...

josh090813
Good news is classic tree can be bought with coins. Bad news is the white tree costs 30 gems (which I had yesterday before getting caught in 2 gem traps) which is needed to finish the quest :(

bethmadison
12-12-13, 01:07 PM
My first winter white was

1 each of iron ore, mushroom, red petal and fairie jar.

I will probably buy more of the classic but I don't know if I'll go much farther.

Also they were one of each for the classic drops above unless I stated otherwise sorry

dezzzila
12-12-13, 01:07 PM
My first gave me 3 wood. A load of BS. Plus, 30 gems for a tree you then CHOP DOWN? I don't get this...

I definitely don't either. If I don't get a pretty tree I get to keep in my kingdom, I don't want it!

josh090813
12-12-13, 01:08 PM
Skipping this one. No thanks!

madz1303
12-12-13, 01:09 PM
classic- 1 wood,1 energy , 1 wood

bobbo26
12-12-13, 01:09 PM
2nd quest wants you to spend 180 gems to get 30 back:

http://i41.tinypic.com/2qji2s9.png

mistleomi
12-12-13, 01:10 PM
Just chopped the 3 classic trees... Pretty expensive wood + sap + manticore whisker for 75,000 coins... What is the whisker for anyway?

sunnygirl634
I received one Expansion Permit (costs 250 gems) while chopping down one of the White Christmas Trees! So, paying 30 gems for that was worth it!

bethmadison
Just chopped three more classics (lots of money so no biggie) and got more wood drops (I'm full in wood so not sure how much, more 1 a piece energy, a wooden beam, a stone block and a hearty stew.

marco418
12-12-13, 01:12 PM
I got white dye from the Classic Christmas tree

gtz971
12-12-13, 01:13 PM
I just finished the first quest and the only valube thing I get is a mithirl which cost me 75000 coins.

bobbo26
12-12-13, 01:14 PM
2nd Quest ends the chain of quests nothing after it.... don't waste your gems on it.

http://i41.tinypic.com/2a5m9s2.png

my607
12-12-13, 01:15 PM
Classic tree I got 2 wood total and 1 energy for 25,000 tree then tree is gone. I don't like this update. Why can't we keep the tree it's dumb. I don't think think I will be finishing these goals. Plus the trees r gems and it will be gone too if you want to find out the object it drops.

mistleomi
12-12-13, 01:15 PM
I bought one white tree, received the gems back and am going to leave it standing in my kingdom for the holidays. Not doing the quest further.

Triple_K
12-12-13, 01:17 PM
What is this?!?! Why the heck would I want to spend so much gems on a tree just to chop it down!!? I thought it would be something like collecting from the tree! :/ Ya no thank you!!

dw9893
lame all together, why would I chop down a tree that SHOULD be a permanent decoration with drops at said X amount of time, like a real gift giving would be.

I wont be doing any of this.. not even the one that costs coins.

total bull

maz3girl
I have exactly 0 gems right now. Looks like this isn't happening for me. The regular trees are kind of fun though!

Gina113
12-12-13, 01:18 PM
Definitely don't waste your gems beyond the tree you get the gems back on. Not sure what the fanciest tree drops bc I'm not gonna spend that many gems and then chop it down but the others didn't drop anything special. It also doesn't take very many chops to chop them down so will have to be careful not to accidentally chop any of them down. :(

maz3girl
12-12-13, 01:19 PM
One of my reg trees gave me a sundae, hearty feast, coal, and some coins.

gtz971
Don't waste your coin on this quest unless you don't know how to spend your money

bethmadison
The first post is a bit misleading when it says the trees "drop" items... It should be edited to say that the trees can be chopped for items.

I bought another winter white and that's where I'm staying if the quest ends. I thought about going further but it@: not worth it.

I really hope they update so that it snows in the kingdom. That would be wonderful!

wedgegirl
12-12-13, 01:20 PM
?25000 for 3 pieces of wood ��������

morgaine2005
12-12-13, 01:20 PM
I wonder if it's possible that at least one of these trees might drop from a Polaris quest? (Hopefully the gem ones.) I got a red trillium from my first Polaris quest, which costs about the same amount of gems ... Hmm.

The rewards were rather meager for me. (I only did the first quest.) I probably won't be spending gems on the second one.

Castloninian
12-12-13, 01:23 PM
Chopped 2 full classic ones, and then all but one chop of the other classic and winter white. Mostly got wood and mushrooms, 1 log, 1 silver, 1 bread, 1 hot sauce and a spicy feast. Glad it only cost me 75,000 coins and no gems.

rosym47
12-12-13, 01:23 PM
As this runs for 19 days I might decorate with Christmas trees and chop them after the holiday.

vontalken
12-12-13, 01:24 PM
I like the trees and wish I could get one of each just to have as decoration. This would be similar to me keeping the weeds from the Valentine Expansion. I doubt I will be able to save enough to get all three. I absolutely prefer the tree to the gifts.

s_creen
12-12-13, 01:24 PM
haha, i've just got frecking sap and iron ore from big 90 gems tree! teamlava u r the worst santa in the world

TinksThots
12-12-13, 01:25 PM
Did the first part: Fancy beam, stone block, glimmerdust, noodles, blue dye, and wood. Not going further. Baloney update.

zuma022
12-12-13, 01:25 PM
I just chopped down about 8 classic trees. Got plenty of money, so that's okay, but it's not even worth my energy!
Got wood, sap, energy, glimmerdust, mushroom, 1 living wood and 1 sundae. Meh.

I'll leave one up as decoration and that's it. Not spending any gems on a chance. Disappointing! I'd rather have fewer updates, but proper ones, [not] like this.

Castloninian
12-12-13, 01:27 PM
I am kind of glad it is a bit lame, because now I won't feel rushed to finish the Polaris quest. I love the look of the trees but 30 and 90 gems for one is extortionate. An apple tree is 90 gems and you get continued use from it, plus chance of golden apples. The grand tree is gone after 5 chops and if you are unlucky you get worthless items.

dezzzila
12-12-13, 01:28 PM
This is sad I was excited for an update today:(

flatulent
12-12-13, 01:30 PM
Beautiful trees though. I'll keep a few classic trees for decoration.

dinojuju
12-12-13, 01:30 PM
Classic trees:
1.Glimmerdust
sap
wood
2. jewels
wood
wood
3.wood
yellow dye
wood
Winter tree:
blue dye
energy
wood
red petal

I wont be continuing with this one - the trees are very pretty would enjoy having them in my kingdom but not spending gems on something I chop down with so little return....

my607
12-12-13, 01:31 PM
This is sad I was excited for an update today:(

You aren't the only one. I got excited too and this has to be one of the worst updates of all times.

dezzzila
12-12-13, 01:35 PM
I just don't understand the logic on this update, why are they so expensive?!

ghjvcucjb
12-12-13, 01:38 PM
Also, make sure you aren't full on everything or the message pops up that you are full and lose out on those items, like me.

dizzy7373
12-12-13, 01:38 PM
As we get the 30 gems back I bought a silver tree, chopped twice and got Enchanters essence and purple petal. If this is a better drop then I will save my gems. I thought the coin trees gave a better drop than these, pasta and bread.....

Frosty_Wench
12-12-13, 01:39 PM
Boo this, man...Boo this

Triple_K
The tree shouldn't drop things like wood and petals unless it's wood beams or red petals.
I bought a few classic, got some lame drops and some useful ones.
Energy, wood, wood, wood, wood lol, petals, coal, sundae, simple glue, simple feast, dyes, sap, jewel, silver, rat tail, chocolate, Mithril :) pasta, stone block.
I probably chopped down like 10 so far. Got lots of wood and one each of the rare items except Mithril I got twice.

katbtodd
Got mushoom , apple, wood come on..., white tree wisp, sweet feast one energy,and a bag of wheat,,, orange ,,, not worth 30 gems

rosewaterlily
12-12-13, 01:40 PM
I did the first goal only since no net gems spent. Maybe if the gem trees dropped unlimited items like the fruit trees it would be worth it but no.

ghjvcucjb
12-12-13, 01:40 PM
I have to admit, this is the first goal ever that I'm disappointed in.

Aggwynn
12-12-13, 01:41 PM
Trees purchased and placed on your game board will not disappear after the Limited Time Event has expired!

roodog13
12-12-13, 01:42 PM
It seems like each "update' gets more negative feedback than the last one!

I like the update, at least the trees that cost coins. For those of us who have more $ than we know what to do with, it is something to spend coins on that will give us something in return. My limiting factor is crafting space, especially kitchen space so random food items are helpful. I won't be doing the second quest, but I like the first part just fine.

katbtodd
12-12-13, 01:43 PM
Just chop another ,,faye crystal wood,wood

dezzzila
12-12-13, 01:43 PM
Trees purchased and placed on your game board will not disappear after the Limited Time Event has expired!

What do you mean?

TastyCakeBakery
12-12-13, 01:44 PM

But they only stay if you don't chop them down, correct? It's not like they're going to come back after they are chopped down.

dezzzila
12-12-13, 01:44 PM

They have been disappearing as soon as they are chopped!

bobbert29
12-12-13, 01:46 PM
Picked up a sweet and hearty feast from the classic trees, other drops were generic items like stone blocks, glimmerdust, and wood. Still worth purchasing the classics when I'm at $8m.

mrbinky
3 classic trees: wood, energy, bone; wood, wood, apple; rat's tail, wood, architect's paste.

Not worth it.

JayUK69
Chopped down the first 3 trees and got an ornate beam and stuff I am already maxed on, did 3 chops of the white tree and got bones and mushroom. Totally a waste of time.

Was looking forward to a great christmas update and we get this, such a letdown.

Aggwynn
12-12-13, 01:47 PM
For players that want to save their tree as a decoration, they will not disappear from your game board after the event unless you chop them down.

vednir
12-12-13, 01:47 PM
You could at least have made it a decoration to collect from instead of chopping down. The gem trees should have shorter cool-down times with better drops obviously.

vednir
12-12-13, 01:48 PM
Note that like all chopable trees these cannot be stored in your inventory. Once placed you *MUST* chop it down to regain the space. Be very careful of this if you have not maximally expanded.

Sandeuro
12-12-13, 01:50 PM
Waste of precious gems. I bought them all because it Sa?d drop and absolutely not shop. I want my gems back.

marrrina
12-12-13, 01:51 PM
I completed this goal entirely. The benefits did not outweigh the amount of gems that had to be spent.

claver1
noooo wasted all my gems on those trees, thought they just costed gold coins..what kind of christmass is this :(

dinoTT
Classic Tree drops: 1st - wood, white petal, wood 2nd - simple feast, sugar, block 3rd - wood, energy, beam
Winter Tree drops: sundae, enchanters essence, mermaid scale, enchanted beam

I would totally pay gems if they stayed and dropped like the fruit trees (refresh time could shift based on how "expensive" the items, classic tree times would be shorter than winter tree times...) oh well, the first part was cheap and entertaining for about 2 minutes. Back to farming and milking and waiting for next week.

Sandeuro
Waste of precious gems. I bought them all because it Sa?d drop and absolutely not shop. I want my gems back.

Shop=chop of course

Vladnabbit
12-12-13, 01:53 PM
Grand Christmas Tree (90 gems)

Mysterious Venom
Fancy Block
Sugar
Fancy Block
Hearty Feast

so.......

ghjvcucjb
12-12-13, 01:53 PM
It seems like each "update' gets more negative feedback than the last one!

I like the update, at least the trees that cost coins. For those of us who have more $ than we know what to do with, it is something to spend coins on that will give us something in return. My limiting factor is crafting space, especially kitchen space so random food items are helpful. I won't be doing the second quest, but I like the first part just fine.

Yes the coin ones mean nothing as I have over $5.9 million and that's after doing all expansions a week and a half ago. However I just bought the gem trees because I was instructed to and thought I was going to get some wondrous gifts only to find normal craft able items that I was already full of. This is the first goal I won't be finishing and the first one I'm disappointed in. Can't cut them done until I empty all my inventory or thats a huge wast of 30 plus gems and don't want Xmas trees for months on end in my kingdom.

cloudsail
12-12-13, 01:55 PM
Chopped a classic and got one earth wisp, one builder's paste, and one glimmerdust.
Not bad, going to keep the rest as decorations, might chop more classics if I feel like spending money (well what else are the holidays for....).

Triple_K
12-12-13, 01:55 PM
Note that like all chopable trees these cannot be stored in your inventory. Once placed you *MUST* chop it down to regain the space. Be very careful of this if you have not maximally expanded.

Yea that's too bad. I was thinking of buying the grand tree for a decoration and keeping it in storage after the holidays is over but won't bother doing that if I'm going to have to just chop down 90 gem item!!

jessicattt
12-12-13, 01:57 PM
Did the first one cause you get the 30 gems back anyway! The trees are pretty. I got a few cool gifts such as earth wisps, hearty feast and royal sundae!

elaur
12-12-13, 02:00 PM
White-
Mushroom
Energy

This is crazy.

elaur
12-12-13, 02:01 PM
I would like to have the chops and them a decorative tree. It's ridiculous to spend 90 gems on something and not get all the gifts from it unless you destroy it.

I did a chop if winter white and got an orange cobbler do thought it would be worth something. I actually got wood from one chop of a 30 gem tree. One chop I got nothing (and no pop up of a filled inventory item)

Classic-
Wood
Wood
Wood
Glimmerdust
Mushroom

White-
Sap
Wood
Creeper tooth
Bread
Red petal
Noodles
Nothing
Enchanted block
Wood

celphyn
12-12-13, 02:02 PM
Disappointed for the Christmas update this year =(
Got nothing special by chopping the christmas tree (bye bye my 75 000 coins) >.<
I though we gonna get a TL/Santa present ! A real good one !
It requires a lot of gems (i'm saving for a wizard school, 110 more gems).
Even if Christmas is my favourite holiday of the year, I rather skip it than spending gems for something I won't be happy to it =/

meme1098
12-12-13, 02:02 PM
Wow...180 gems for some trees just to chop them down? Why would anybody do that? Looks like nothing special comes from them anyway, except for the expansion permit someone got but don't think that's worth 30 or 90 gems...sorry.
And like bethmadison said these tress don't drop anything, you have to chop them down to get anything and then that's it...no more.
Better change your wording cause there's no collecting from these trees. You gotta chop them down to get items not worth the trees cost. Sorry, TL, this one's an epic fail IMO.

caiaxoxo
12-12-13, 02:04 PM
I only did the first part of this quest because I don't want to waste any gems. I am usually very impressed with TL's creativity and ability to give us exciting quests that are fair, fun and challenging, but this quest was a huge disappointment. I would really appreciate if TL would create new Christmas trees that drops items but cannot be chopped down, or switches these ones to have drops instead of being chopped down and disappear forever.

meme1098
12-12-13, 02:06 PM
I only did the first part of this quest because I don't want to waste any gems. I am usually very impressed with TL's creativity and ability to give us exciting quests that are fair, fun and challenging, but this quest was a huge disappointment. I would really appreciate if TL would create new Christmas trees that drops items but cannot be chopped down, or switches these ones to have drops instead of being chopped down and disappear forever.

Not going any further than the first step either. Like I said-- who would spend 90 gems on a tree just to chop it down? That's insane!

Castloninian
What I did like was the substantial gem reward for this quest (compared to e.g. the golden obelisk or trials and tribute gem rewards). It's just a shame it cost you that same amount or more to do it ;)

sabbywabbys
TeamLava what fresh hell is this? christmas is a time to give not take! This new update/quest was a total rip off! 150 gems on trees for the most pathetic drops! What on Gods green earth have you done? For those who don't purchase gems this was a total robbery! I only had 212 gems and now i only have a lousy 66 and am literally on the verge of tears. I seriously feel like this update was the grinch who stole christmas! Im so heartbroken.

I wish i had come here first as had i known what that quest was all about i would never have gone through with it. But i was not expecting such disappointment and truly believed this was going to be some fun kind of event giving it had a 19 day duration. Seriously no one waste your precious gems on this non sense. How rude!

Bexx85
12-12-13, 02:13 PM
As others mentioned, it is quite ok for people with millions of coins. I chopped 6 classic trees and got 1 enchanted beam and 1 magic cement. Since the latter needs a ton of resources that was nice. But all the other stuff was pretty much useless. Is there a new white dye in the potion shop? It was mentioned as a gift from the christmas trees and my potion shops are very busy at the moment so I can't check it out.

meme1098
12-12-13, 02:14 PM
TeamLava what fresh hell is this? christmas is a time to give not take! This new update/quest was a total rip off! 150 gems on trees for the most pathetic drops! What on Gods green earth have you done? For those who don't purchase gems this was a total robbery! I only had 212 gems and now i only have a lousy 66 and am literally on the verge of tears. I seriously feel like this update was the grinch who stole christmas! Im so heartbroken.

I wish i had come here first as had i known what that quest was all about i would never have gone through with it. But i was not expecting such disappointment and truly believed this was going to be some fun kind of event giving it had a 19 day duration. Seriously no one waste your precious gems on this non sense. How rude!

If you bought the 30 gem tree for the first part of the goal line, you got that back when it completed. When I saw that the reward for spending 180 gems was all of 30 gems, I quit right then & there. Plus according to this thread, you don't get anything near the value of the gems you're spending. What a rip off.

meme1098
12-12-13, 02:17 PM
What I did like was the substantial gem reward for this quest (compared to e.g. the golden obelisk or trials and tribute gem rewards). It's just a shame it cost you that same amount or more to do it ;)

What substantial gem reward? The first goal line gave you back exactly what you spent. The 2nd goal line is costing you 150 gems (after spending 180 for the trees and only getting back 30 when completed).

Triple_K
12-12-13, 02:17 PM
As others mentioned, it is quite ok for people with millions of coins. I chopped 6 classic trees and got 1 enchanted beam and 1 magic cement. Since the latter needs a ton of resources that was nice. But all the other stuff was pretty much useless. Is there a new white dye in the potion shop? It was mentioned as a gift from the christmas trees and my potion shops are very busy at the moment so I can't check it out.

No, I just checked, just the regular ones

Castloninian
12-12-13, 02:18 PM
What substantial gem reward? The first goal line gave you back exactly what you spent. The 2nd goal line is costing you 150 gems (after spending 180 for the trees and only getting back 30 when completed).
I think 30 gems is the highest reward I've ever seen for CS goals, and I would like to see that level continue. As I said, in this case it was a shame that in order to finish the goal you had to spend that amount of gems or more.

meme1098
12-12-13, 02:19 PM

Nope...no white dye. Just the usual yellow,red, blue & purple.

cookie2crumble
12-12-13, 02:22 PM

WOW!! So Not impressed - spent 75,000 chopped down three trees and got 1 energy, wood, stone block, 1 mushroom 1 hot sauce. What a waste will not buy tree with gems have lost far too many gems in the last couple of weeks without even realising and not spending hard cash any more.

rosym47
12-12-13, 02:25 PM
I have been waiting for a large diamond to hatch my dragon egg for months, if I don't get one before I will spend 80 gems for one as a Christmas present to myself. If will be better value than trees that give gifts most of which I can make myself. Now if the main tree gave guaranteed unicorn parts or the items used to hatch dragon eggs it would be worth the gems.

cloudsail
12-12-13, 02:26 PM
People who spent the gems for the second part of the quest and are now complaining....... if you care that much about your gems, how about doing a little math and research before you spend them? When I saw that the second part required a substantial amount that I wouldn't immediately get back, the first thing I did was log into the forums. That seems like basic common sense if your gems are very precious to you. Otherwise, if you can spend them in such a carefree way, why so heartbroken afterwards?

waddelow
12-12-13, 02:26 PM
I did the first part, spent 30 gems & lots of coins to get 30 gem reward & 5 Xmas trees. I was reluctant to chop. I got
Wood( but I'm full)
Leaf/petal
Wisp lantern
GOLDEN APPLE
Wood more

I cut each classic tree 2x
I have not touched the white tree ( thought I'd keep until after Xmas) I'm bound to touch the others & lose them, but can buy back.
I am short on apples for my trade ticket so worth 5 gems.
I am happy!
I still have 7 gifts to come :)

Sadly it looks like it's a random drop
I still need an item for my dragon months after I got all the other parts, so I know how random is evil!
Good luck!

bobbo26
12-12-13, 02:28 PM
This is one of the worst updates ever.... who ever pick the drops for these trees should be fired. You need to add another quest after then last one and make it reward (refund) 150 gems. The drops on these tress are the worst and no where near the price they cost in gems. Really silver trees rewarding you 1 energy when you chop it down.... it costs 30 gems... why would one of the fours chops you get ever give you 1 energy as a reward or wood or stone. If you wanted decorations then you should of made it a timed drop of 22 hours.

ghjvcucjb
My first coin tree gave me 3 pieces of wood for $25,000. Could we at least have those pieces of wood gilded in gold or silver for that amount of money?

midnightmeerkat
I definitely don't either. If I don't get a pretty tree I get to keep in my kingdom, I don't want it!

You don't need to chop it down... I will chop twice and then leave the tree in my kingdom :)

natwstrickland
12-12-13, 02:30 PM
Castle Story: 12/12/2013 Update ~~ no comment

SybreTiger
12-12-13, 02:31 PM
This is another instance where TL told us there will NEVER be a quest that you need gems to finish, but then they did exactly that.

But anyways, here's a hint, if you buy the 90 gem tree, chop it FOUR times, that's it. Leave the last chop to save it as a decoration. that way you get 4 gifts and keep the tree.

Just be careful you don't accidentally click on it and chop the last one.

elaur
12-12-13, 02:32 PM
People who spent the gems for the second part of the quest and are now complaining....... if you care that much about your gems, how about doing a little math and research before you spend them? When I saw that the second part required a substantial amount that I wouldn't immediately get back, the first thing I did was log into the forums. That seems like basic common sense if your gems are very precious to you. Otherwise, if you can spend them in such a carefree way, why so heartbroken afterwards?

I cut the white tree once and got an orange cobbler so figured it would be around that. Also someone HAS to chop them to see what you get. Who would you be getting information from if no one bought them before checking the forums?

MiniLaura
12-12-13, 02:33 PM
This is another instance where TL told us there will NEVER be a quest that you need gems to finish, but then they did exactly that.

Actually, TL said that they would not have a quest that requires gems that also WOULD STAY IN YOUR QUEST BOOK. All quests that require gems have been quests that expire over time.

vednir
12-12-13, 02:37 PM
Look on the bright side, this gives everyone a chance to restock everything to 99 for next week when there may be another time limited quest insanity since it's likely a lot of people have been focusing on the holiday feast quest line.

In other words, nothing special about this week's update, best to just move along after you spend/receive your 30 gems for the first part of the quest.

cloudsail
12-12-13, 02:38 PM
I cut the white tree once and got an orange cobbler so figured it would be around that. Also someone HAS to chop them to see what you get. Who would you be getting information from if no one bought them before checking the forums?

There are always going to be people who have gems to spare, and are willing to take a calculated risk. I'm talking about the ones who seem to have just jumped into this headfirst then came to complain about not knowing certain things, all of which they could have easily found out by this point.

bethmadison
12-12-13, 02:42 PM
I have never been disappointed in the quests. I am a little disappointed that I started playing after VDay and that was gone when I started but it is what it is. Everything else I've been happy with, I've managed to work my way through all quests since I started. The gem traps suck but I can avoid them for the most part. Was super happy to spend gems on things that benefitted the kingdom on an ongoing basis like the red trillium and barracks (didn't do the quest but bought it after when I had enough gems).

I play other TL games to get gems and have even bought a few. I've rolled my eyes when others have complained about times quests or there have been complaints about space/expansions.

I truly love the game, the graphics and the details.

But this "quest" is horrible.

The trees are very nice! And I totally would have spent money or gems on all three had they been decorations that gave random drops and could be stored. I'd even be fine if they only did random drops each December from the 1-25/31... And then stopped working until next Christmas. And random drops of good and bad stuff would totally be ok the !

However having to spend lots of money or LOTS of gems on trees that are CHOPPED down and can't be stored is not a good quest/gift. The items aren't really a big deal to be big/small/random if they are a dropped decoration but to be asked to spend gems and get wood? Not cool.

This is the first time I've actually been disappointed in an update. I skipped a nap while sick this afternoon to stay up and see the new quest because last weeks Polaris one was awesome!

Vladnabbit
12-12-13, 02:44 PM

As far as I can tell, I am the only one in the thread who started in on the second part of the quest. I am pretty sure I did not complain. I made a choice that I would risk the gems for the "best quality gifts." I was not carefree with my gems as there was no data available. I made my choice and I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

EllieTheBeeEater
12-12-13, 02:45 PM
NOT COOL teamlava! :(

I did the first goal as I got the gems back but I'm gutted to see how rubbish the drops were and now I don't want to do the next goal.

Totally ridiculous to have a 90 gem tree that you chop down. You should change it to be like the fruit trees so it drops gifts even if it's only once a day. I'd totally buy that (with real money - am only on 80gems right now but I'd happily top up) but a chop-downable tree? Are you INSANE?

I love this game so much but I'm actually gutted at this. Please, please consider changing it.

cloudsail
12-12-13, 02:46 PM
Weekly updates are tough, and this is December, when a lot of people are on holiday. I don't think we can expect a long and interesting quest line every week. I appreciate that Castle Story doesn't just fill up weekly updates with random decorations like most of the other TL games. And whenever they introduce a new item that drops stuff, they have to consider what it would do to the balance of resources in the game. These trees do drop some valuable items, which is probably why they made them use and lose instead of a renewable resource. But if they didn't drop valuable items, they wouldn't be as interesting.

parlski
12-12-13, 02:47 PM
seems to me TeamLava has no concept of how dear we think gems are.

dezzzila
12-12-13, 02:48 PM
seems to me TeamLava has no concept of how dear we think gems are.

They are in this business to make money, and gems are the only way they make money, so this quest makes sense to them.

cloudsail
12-12-13, 02:50 PM
As far as I can tell, I am the only one in the thread who started in on the second part of the quest. I am pretty sure I did not complain. I made a choice that I would risk the gems for the "best quality gifts." I was not carefree with my gems as there was no data available. I made my choice and I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

Not talking about you, and definitely appreciate the information that you provided for us. There are others in the thread though who did complete the second part and seem extremely upset, which I find difficult to understand.

dezzzila
That is a good idea though, to buy the trees and just not chop them all the way down. I think I might do just that. It is an expensive decoration, but they're cute.

But another part of me is so annoyed by this quest and update I don't want to participate at all

poppelia
Well I got the same things as mentioned on the forum, no expansion permit, but I got to things I did not even know existed (or what they are needed for) very interesting: Fey Chrystal and Manticore Whisker. Maybe this is for high level players well known but I never had them before.

rosym47
12-12-13, 02:52 PM
This quest is not compulsory, you have a choice. Take a gamble if you want but don't be disappointed if the results are not up to expectations. It's a game and sometimes you are lucky and sometimes not. However this quest does appear to be mean because it is only an option if you have the cash and gems to spare and that means beginners usually don't have these. It would have been nice if we had been offered a real present.

mjauuuu
12-12-13, 02:54 PM
They are in this business to make money, and gems are the only way they make money, so this quest makes sense to them.

Well, not if they lose players because of bad business decisions like this update proved to be. I would've expected that trees that cost 30 and 90 gems would be decorations and not something to just chop away for some coal or mithrils...

bethmadison
12-12-13, 02:55 PM
Gems are fine, users can (usually) choose to spend them or not. The complaint isn't that these trees cost gems. It's that they cost so many for an item that disappears after 5 chops. There are so many better ways this could have been done. 90gems for a tree with a 16 hour refresh rate (and 30gems for a 22 hour refresh rate and $$ for a 2 day refresh rate) that drops random items throughout December and can be stored? I'd spent money for more gems for that! I'd be willing to put more money into TL's pockets.

But 90 gems for a 5 chop item that may of may of drop something good and can't be stored after December? Not happening! I'll keep my money!

mjauuuu
12-12-13, 02:57 PM
I got so excited when the goal popped up thinking we were getting REAL presents from those trees like new christmas decorations. That would've been sweet! I'll only buy the coin tree and keep as a decoration, just gotta hope I don't accidentally chop it down :mad:

cloudsail
12-12-13, 03:01 PM
Gems are fine, users can (usually) choose to spend them or not. The complaint isn't that these trees cost gems. It's that they cost so many for an item that disappears after 5 chops. There are so many better ways this could have been done. 90gems for a tree with a 16 hour refresh rate (and 30gems for a 22 hour refresh rate and $$ for a 2 day refresh rate) that drops random items throughout December and can be stored? I'd spent money for more gems for that! I'd be willing to put more money into TL's pockets.

But 90 gems for a 5 chop item that may of may of drop something good and can't be stored after December? Not happening! I'll keep my money!

I agree, the price is too steep for these trees. They may have priced them this way because of the chance of high value drops, but that chance doesn't seem very high. They should have made these closer in cost to the Valentine's trees, a little higher because of the useful drops, but 30 and 90 are too much. Or at least give them more chops, like 5 and 10 instead of 4 and 5.

ggfdddgh
12-12-13, 03:03 PM
I chopped one coin xmas tree and got 1 iron, 1 red petal, and one wood

tromalyt
12-12-13, 03:04 PM
Have we been THAT naughty this year?

Queenofheartland
12-12-13, 03:07 PM
The trees are sooooooo pretty.
But thank God I came to check on the forum before I spent my precious gems on them. I stopped playing further on this quest after I received my 30 Gems back otherwise I would have been heartbroken.
Got only 1xwood, 1xwood and 1xwood from the classic Christmas trees and 1xGrit, 1xWood and 1xWood from the Winter white tree. So lame & useless drops
Def not continuing with this quest but might buy more classic christmas trees for decoration.
Thanks for all the info you guys

luke1100
12-12-13, 03:09 PM
Must admit I was looking forward to something festive that we can keep, so after reading that you have to chop them down to get something back in return for spending gems on I'm disappointed. Sorry TL but I'm not wasting my gems, energy or time.......bah humbug and a happy Christmas to you too!

craterlake
12-12-13, 03:10 PM
I'm simply amused this update has been going for only a few hours and we are up to 13 pages (probably a lot more prior to editing) anyway did first quest - got nothing special but only lost 75,000 so no big deal. But agree with the general vibe that this is a rip off. So permanent decoration would have been nice - or something with a daily drop even nicer. All future updates I'll be reading the thread before I even start.

katbtodd
12-12-13, 03:14 PM
The last two trees I bought got wood wood sap ,, I'm done was hoping to get a golden apple I see some one mention,, just not that lucky,,have fun not !!!!

sabbywabbys
12-12-13, 03:16 PM

The post was ever so clearly directed at me. No big whoop though. I am most certainly kicking myself in the rear for not looking into it first. I was just excited and surely didn't expect such a lame quest like that because TL usually has fun quests and worth the gems i ever spent on quests before. I have indeed learned a lesson but I'm entitled to my opinion as everyone else to express my feelings on the matter and if i want to be upset about it thats my prerogative. Its feedback for TL to see how their players feel about what they present to us. Just also wanted to advise anyone else who is considering buying the gem trees NOT to do so because you will not come out of it a happy camper.

ghjvcucjb
12-12-13, 03:19 PM

I had a vision of the TL staff all enthusiastically nodding their heads YES when they read your comment! LOL!!! ;):D:D

oliverrr11
12-12-13, 03:19 PM

Yes. We have complained too much. 😁

BungoCook
12-12-13, 03:22 PM
You are joking me.......90 gem tree....... Gave 2 silver 1 fur 1 builders paste and a sugar!!!!!!!
Disgusted...... Even though you guys all warned me

dezzzila
12-12-13, 03:26 PM
Yes. We have complained too much. ��
Except our complaints/constructive criticism should help TL understand what their players want. It's their job to deliver, because without players they have no market! I am just amazed how not one person in this forum thought this update was a good idea. If I ha millions of coins I would too buy some trees... But what about the people that just started playing? I started right around Halloween and was so annoyed I couldn't finish the glimmerbat habitat that I almost quit. Then I found this forum and understood the game better... But there is no way if I was a new player I would buy those trees or spend money on them. Comeon TL give us something we would be delighted to spend gems on!

meme1098
12-12-13, 03:27 PM

It appears so. Or someone at TL has one terrible sense of humor.
Either way I'm throwing the coal in my stocking right back atcha, TL. (This is tongue-in-cheek btw, so no one calls me on my rudeness)

veehazy
12-12-13, 03:29 PM
I was hoping for a fun quest like finding all the reindeers that would be hiding. Then your grand prize would be Santa and his sleigh. But instead you get Christmas trees to chop......

JayUK69
12-12-13, 03:30 PM
Even though most of the drops are rubbish, I have loads of coins doing nothing, so bought 10 classic trees.

Had a few decent drops including

4 spicey feasts
3 mythril
2 adamant
2 wisp lanterns
4 simple feasts

So not all bad. Will probably spend another million on these trees. Shame you can't store them for a later date when needing materials.

dezzzila
12-12-13, 03:33 PM
I was hoping for a fun quest like finding all the reindeers that would be hiding. Then your grand prize would be Santa and his sleigh. But instead you get Christmas trees to chop......

Aww that would be cute! Why can't you work for TL?!

berknip
12-12-13, 03:39 PM
You are joking me.......90 gem tree....... Gave 2 silver 1 fur 1 builders paste and a sugar!!!!!!!
Disgusted...... Even though you guys all warned me

You did better than I did. I received a lemonade and wisp lantern. More than disappointed at this 'quest' for a game TL has done a decent job with until this. 180 gems for the final quest for items that would cost MUCH less if you just rushed them under normal construction.

This was definitely the 'used car salesman' quest.

How about I throw in a little tree air freshened for another thousand dollars?

ambulldog615
12-12-13, 03:41 PM
I have a lot of coins and just bought the Christmas trees.
I was very happy with some if the drops!
Trade tickets and expansion permits were dropped just to name a couple things I was surprised to get.

oliverrr11
12-12-13, 03:44 PM
Except our complaints/constructive criticism should help TL understand what their players want. It's their job to deliver, because without players they have no market! I am just amazed how not one person in this forum thought this update was a good idea. If I ha millions of coins I would too buy some trees... But what about the people that just started playing? I started right around Halloween and was so annoyed I couldn't finish the glimmerbat habitat that I almost quit. Then I found this forum and understood the game better... But there is no way if I was a new player I would buy those trees or spend money on them. Comeon TL give us something we would be delighted to spend gems on!
I was just kidding! Yes I know. I have put in my share of feedback too :).
Thank you TL for listening to some of our feedback and for updating weekly - even though I'm sitting the last part of this one out

vontalken
12-12-13, 04:03 PM
For players that want to save their tree as a decoration, they will not disappear from your game board after the event unless you chop them down.

Woot! hurry for decorations.. any chance we can have them with the ability to be put into inventory. pretty pretty please:):D

hopesdragons
12-12-13, 04:05 PM
I've read through the whole thread and I must agree with everybody.

TL... SERIOUSLY? This is the best you could do?

GhostZephyr
12-12-13, 04:07 PM
I did the first quest - it's a wash gem-wise and I wanted to see what it did.

I don't know why, but I suspect that there will be a way to get the trees in ways other than gems? No idea. I'll wait patiently.

I don't really mind the 25K coins for trees that drop random stuff. When I started 25K coins was a lot. Now I don't collect from coin buildings unless I'm flush with energy (I was north of 1M in coins not too long ago. Down to a "mere" 800K at the moment... but coins for random drops isn't a horrible deal.)

jimboser
12-12-13, 04:07 PM
Wow, I just got 2 Alicorns, a Dragon, and 3 Burning Embers!

NOT!

Something like that would certainly have been worth the gamble on the gem spend...

ghjvcucjb
12-12-13, 04:14 PM
2nd $25,000 tree got 1 red petal, 2 pieces of wood.

Running total, $50,000 = 5 pieces of wood (which I was full on) and 1 red petal. hmmmmmmmmmmm?

schmookis
12-12-13, 04:21 PM
Awwwww. The trees are so sweet. I wish we could keep them for decoration. Without the danger of giving the one accidental chop too many. And put them into storage for Christmas in July. Which is when we have some chance of snow here in Australia
I would love it if the trees were permanent with temporary presents underneath. You would chop/open the presents for the prizes. Then when all the presents were unwrapped you would be left with the tree.

caramel411
12-12-13, 04:32 PM
Hi everyone, I've chopped many coin trees and I'm happy to report that it has dropped sweet feast, royal beams, super glue, sugar, fancy blocks, breaded fish, swords, etc. I'm not going bother with gem trees, because 3 out of 4 chops on the white tree only dropped a petal, glimmer dust and sap. Overall I think the coin trees are worth it if you have millions of useless coins to spend. Happy holidays!

SyCoDeath
12-12-13, 04:36 PM
Well, I was bored of this game so added a bit of money for Gems and purchased a few of each...

Not overly impressed, but some items will save time in future for items...

Not the best update though TL... Must try harder..

leonsandcastle
12-12-13, 04:36 PM
I'd consider buying more of the $25k trees, but the 30 gem tree was garbage. The "better" gifts were 1x wood, 1x energy, 1x wood, 1x wood. Wow... I'd never risk it with the biggest tree.

zuma022
12-12-13, 04:37 PM
I just don't understand you, TL. I know it's all about making money, but if the drops arent worth it, nobody will spend the money. If a 90 gem tree just gives stuff that's not all that special, like a builder's paste, then why would we spend hard earned cash on it. Why not give out unique deco, burning embers and alicorn parts? Business wise this would make a lot more sense. If you would guarantee one truly useful item per 90 gems, you'd make money. I can pretty much guarantee that people would be buying these trees and more than likely even more than just once.

Game wise it'd still be ridiculous however. Why on earth did anyone think chopping a decorated xmas tree down was a great idea?? We could have bought and planted a fir and then cut it down and make Christmas decoration for it or something.

llamafarms
12-12-13, 04:38 PM
My first coin tree gave me 3 pieces of wood for $25,000. Could we at least have those pieces of wood gilded in gold or silver for that amount of money?

Same thing for me with my first tree. 25,000 coins for 3 pieces of wood. Ouch.

elaur
12-12-13, 04:46 PM
I did the first quest - it's a wash gem-wise and I wanted to see what it did.

I don't know why, but I suspect that there will be a way to get the trees in ways other than gems? No idea. I'll wait patiently.

I don't really mind the 25K coins for trees that drop random stuff. When I started 25K coins was a lot. Now I don't collect from coin buildings unless I'm flush with energy (I was north of 1M in coins not too long ago. Down to a "mere" 800K at the moment... but coins for random drops isn't a horrible deal.)

I'm fine with the trees for 25k too. I'll probably buy a ton and try them out for fun. The gems are way too high for something that goes away and boy the 'quests' were terrible. Nothing even fun. Just spend your gems... done!

jtm101
12-12-13, 04:48 PM
I wonder if the drops have improved...

Ive only chopped 2 classic christmas trees and i'm pretty happy with what ive got so far, notably no wood from 6 chops.

Ornate Beam, Jewel, Hide, Apple, Flour and Builders Paste.

I'll probably buy a few more of the coin trees in the hope of some good items like the pastes and beams.

rosewaterlily
12-12-13, 04:52 PM
I got one piece of wood, one apple pie, and one ice cream from chopping a coin tree, not too bad, maybe I'll buy more.

wassupbaby
12-12-13, 04:57 PM
Enough with the feedbacks :)i dont need any item so i'll keep 1 xmas tree as deco and that's it. No hard feeling :)
You can no longer dissapoint me ,TL :)

CoalCountry
12-12-13, 04:57 PM
I hope at least the classic tree doesn't require gems. I lost nearly all of my gems by accident (20 for 12 energy and 8 to speed up a super glue, wasted!) over the last couple days. If I can only get one with gems I'll be even more frustrated with how this game is run.
The Classic Tree is 25,000 coins, White Tree is 30 Gems, Grande Tree is 60 Gems. Then you must CHOP THEM DOWN to get the drops!!

elaur
12-12-13, 04:58 PM
Well it appears for us old timers with lots of money with nothing to do who are done with the quests it's worth chopping christmas trees.

I bought a bunch and got some good stuff.

I did get a lot of wood (most common) so I don't know that the drops have gotten better.

They should at least drop sap with the wood, I think. But the good stuff is good.

I got hearty feast, simple feast, pepper sauce, fairy jar, royal beam, apple pie, cake, fancy beam, stone block, long sword.

I got energy 8 times although I don't know how much energy each time.

I got 18 wood in with those.

wool x2 creep tooth, manti whisker (full), living wood, coal (full), lemon, glimmer dust, purple petal, orange petal, bone

meme1098
12-12-13, 05:11 PM
An apple ... Don't need it, I have an apple tree I only collect from maybe once a week at the most.
1 wood ... Don't need it, always at the limit &, besides I can get one or more from the sawmill.
1 spicy feast ...don't really need that either since they're easy enough to make, besides I have a bunch of them, too.

And that's all I got from one classic tree. Not even close to being worth $25k. And not anywhere near being good drops.
This quest is one big bad joke.

TastyCakeBakery
12-12-13, 05:13 PM
If TL is going to have us pay gems for the Christmas trees, the least they could do is put the gems on sale.

kellerjack
12-12-13, 05:42 PM
Wow, I just got 2 Alicorns, a Dragon, and 3 Burning Embers!

NOT!

Something like that would certainly have been worth the gamble on the gem spend...

I read this without thinking and almost lost my []LOL. WE WISH.

I, too, am in the boat of only doing the 30 gem one and not proceeding. I wish there was a quest line where OH NO! Santa crashed into glimmerwood! Everybody band together and get his sleigh back up in time for Xmas!!! And then at the end our little friends here make him a "grand" tree to celebrate and send him off. A tree we can keep! That would be fun.

priscillasp
12-12-13, 05:53 PM
I don't want to chop the Christmas trees after spending gems on them!! But, you can't store them. I don't want to leave them out all year either. Please suggest that they be changed with a 'store' option.

parlski
12-12-13, 05:58 PM
bah, humbug.

jptheripper
12-12-13, 06:06 PM
I usually defend TL, but this one is a stinker

ambulldog615
12-12-13, 06:07 PM
Filling my land with $25,000 trees.
Still more then 6 million $$$ left to spend.
Getting really nice drops in the 3 chops.

Don't get why people are complaining to TL?
TL.... Your doing a great job with missions!

Don't need anyone telling me why they complain, it's just a game I like playing.
If I don't get something finished, it's not TL's fault

hopesdragons
12-12-13, 06:25 PM
On my 3-25,000 trees I got 7 wood, and 2 white petals...

I can spend 900 coins for an Iceland poppy and a red acer tree and get 10-12 wood, a few sap, possibly a living wood and petals every 3 minutes...

Which is the better deal??

elaur
12-12-13, 06:28 PM
I think they might sell more with a low gem tree (5?) that seemed worth chopping down. We don't expect to discard stuff priced so high.

storytx
12-12-13, 06:29 PM
$75,000 spent to get stuff I can get for free.......:(.

gogo0811
12-12-13, 06:30 PM
Just got a classic christmas tree to check out what it gives before spending on the one which needs gems...for 25000 all i got with the three chops is 3 energies! (1 energy per chop)... Totally not worth it...for each chop I spend one energy and then get it back! And for this I just spent 25000 coins...!!! :(((

elaur
12-12-13, 06:35 PM
Well it appears for us old timers with lots of money with nothing to do who are done with the quests it's worth chopping christmas trees.

I bought a bunch and got some good stuff.

I did get a lot of wood (most common) so I don't know that the drops have gotten better.

They should at least drop sap with the wood, I think. But the good stuff is good.

I got hearty feast, simple feast, pepper sauce, fairy jar, royal beam, apple pie, cake, fancy beam, stone block, long sword.

I got energy 8 times although I don't know how much energy each time.

I got 18 wood in with those.

wool x2 creep tooth, manti whisker (full), living wood, coal (full), lemon, glimmer dust, purple petal, orange petal, bone

6 wood
glimmer dust
grits
sap
blue dye
living wood
magic fruit (??)

Maybe it's just drops of everything in game with percent chance on each?

elaur
12-12-13, 06:36 PM
Ok I just checked and it's 1 energy for energy drops. Could you please fix that TL? It takes 1 energy to chop the tree so basically we are spending 25/3 k for nothing (same energy, uses 1 chop of 25k) when we get an energy drop of 1.

labsandboxers
12-12-13, 06:57 PM
IMO this was a waste of gems. The pay off after chopping was a big let down. Not what I was hoping for in an update. Finished the Inn. May be the next up date will continue the story. Not a very merry Christmas present

missbandette
12-12-13, 07:07 PM
Wish I wld have read here first before chopping my white tree and at least saved it until just before it expired. Definitely won't be going onto the next part. Wish we cld keep the trees in storage like I read somewhere. I was like a kid in Christmas when I started the first part of the goal then it was like I got a lump if coal in my stocking! :( oh well.

nasha86
12-12-13, 07:15 PM
I bought FOUR classic ones and this is what I received:
- two white petals
- one iron ore
- one mermaid scale
- one glimmerdust
- 3 energy
- 3 woods
And the most valuable item is 1 simple feast. Lol, I think this is the most surprising presents I received, LOL. Still dream about the Christmas gifts of the boy next doors *.*

dragoniakingdom
12-12-13, 07:24 PM
Silly me for not reading the forum FIRST.

Have finished the quest line & spent my hard earned gems for very little reward.

However,there does seem to be a bug on my game as I cannot see the new character The Grinch - he must surely be hiding someplace!

Christmas in my Kingdom will be bleak as I have spent the kingdom reserves on nothing.:mad:

jessarrazzii
12-12-13, 07:34 PM
I didn't care for this update. It comes of greedy. At least we have the option to not participate, thank god for the forums! Suggestion maybe?? I liked the jousting arena, harvest pergola, & kingdom inn because it improved each time we leveled up. (And these buildings all offer random drops!). Something like a pine tree that we could level up and have goals of stringing lights, hanging ornaments, and placing the star on top would probably be well received! I was really hoping we would get a "Castle Story Christmas Edition" similar to Valentines day, with trees and buildings covered in snow and lights, and a special Christmas crafting building! I still believe in you Team Lava!

llamafarms
12-12-13, 07:52 PM
My winter white tree seriously just gave me nothing but wood. 30 gems for wood? Gee thanks. :mad:

craterlake
12-12-13, 08:02 PM
I think we should all be grateful to TL - I mean at least we didn't have to water each tree 5 times.

craterlake
12-12-13, 08:03 PM
Although that would have made the quest last longer lol

stuffedmounts
12-12-13, 08:28 PM
First quest is to buy 3 classic trees for 25,000 coins each, and 1 winter white tree for 30 gems. The reward for doing that is 30 gems so you basically get the winter white for free. But then the next quest is to buy 3 more winter whites and 1 grand tree, which will cost a total of 180 gems for a 30 gem reward... Who's going to so that?
Not me. Too much of a rip off in my opinion.

caramel411
12-12-13, 08:34 PM
The Classic Tree is 25,000 coins, White Tree is 30 Gems, Grande Tree is 60 Gems. Then you must CHOP THEM DOWN to get the drops!!

Just wondering if it's different prices for trees. The grand Christmas tree costs 90 gems for me instead of 60.

stuffedmounts
12-12-13, 08:36 PM
Just wondering if it's different prices for trees. The grand Christmas tree costs 90 gems for me instead of 60.

90 here as well.

deadeye204
12-12-13, 09:00 PM
I have only done the first quest and many classic trees. Loot includes mithril, adamant, magic front, glimmerdust, mermaid scales, coal, wood, sap, creep, tooth, royal block, bread, wool, super glue, builder paste, hearty feast, bones, spicy feast simple feast, multiple flower petals, flour, apple pie, iron ore, energy, enchanters essence and more. Not bad considering the amount of cash I have.

From the 30 gem tree - Trade ticket, mermaid scale, ivy's hot sauce and silver ore.

elaur
12-12-13, 09:02 PM
Ok I'm addicted to these coin trees. Wish the gem ones were worth trying over and over 'cause I've probably bought 20 of the coin trees! I love seeing what I get!

preinsko
12-12-13, 09:05 PM
I totally missed out on Valentine version and get jealous every time in visit kingdoms with all the red and pink goodies. I was hoping for something really cool for Christmas. I kept my knights home in anticipation and I worked to increase inventory of special things like petals. Imagine my disappointment in this quest, I only did the first one; but out 75,000 coins needed for expansions. I got nothing I didn't already have plenty of. BAH HUMBUG! TL you could redeem yourself by putting a dropless Christmas tree in the decorations store, charging a normal price like 500 coins, and making it storable.

vontalken
12-12-13, 09:11 PM
I don't suppose that the date or time left alone would have any effect? Kinda like you buy a 25K tree and get better chances the longer it remains on your board. Or that on Christmas day (or closer to the 25th) the prizes get better. I guess in a round about way I'm wondering if the chopping of the trees now is leading to .. less than awesome.. presents because the kids are not waiting for "Santa"? maybe .. or am I just reaching.

.. or it is just an on demand Sir Pigglesworth. who i love so much..

elaur
12-12-13, 09:24 PM
I think it is on demand sir piggy.

I have been chopping with all my energy and just got a golden apple.

I've been recording all chops and it was around my 131st chop That wasn't my favorite thing though.

MBRBTBRB
12-12-13, 09:32 PM
What a terrible quest line. A total rip-off. So much for the Christmas spirit, looks like TL is Scrooge!

elaur
12-12-13, 09:39 PM
I like the coin trees but yes the quest line was horrible. It's not even like it was a quest line!

calipitter
12-12-13, 09:48 PM
I get the coal drops....kinda ironic. But was TL expecting us to be happy unwrapping a log or loaf of bread for Christmas?!
How about a present that is just a decoration for the kingdoms? A snowman, a poinsettia ( would be really great if it also dropped red petals), an igloo or snowball fort, an angel statue? Those are presents. We would have knocked ourselves out spending all of our money trying to get these "collectors items." But bread? That is the weirdest Christmas present ever! TL, in one of the more recent update threads another player applied to be your marketing director.....PLEASE, PLEASE hire him! You need someone badly to explain to you the psychology of consumerism.

s_lynne
12-12-13, 09:59 PM
Okay, I'm glad to see that I won't be the only one skipping this goal. I will not be spending hard earned gems just to complete goals. I did, however, get those other trees that costs 25,000 coins, but all I got was wood, stones, and petals.

Questhaven
12-12-13, 10:16 PM
Someone must have phoned this one in.
One classic chop = one wood. I am done.

Oh well, now Questhaven is decorated for Xmas.

Please TL do not be confused. Any gem purchases made are for last weeks awesome update not this awful tree fiasco.��

Jaeron_Q
12-12-13, 10:37 PM
I chopped a classic tree. The most "fascinating" thing I got was yellow ink. I was so overjoyed as you can see..

GeorgeK
12-12-13, 10:41 PM
Thought this would be worth mentioning since I haven't seen anyone else mention getting it...I chopped down a handful of classic trees and got some white dye.11719

ggfdddgh
12-12-13, 10:52 PM
chopped simple tree got fancy block,royal beam and truffle
chopped white tree got dragon scale, sugar and that's it.

outhouse01
12-12-13, 11:01 PM
Ok, just for giggles, after reading this forum, I did some of the quest. Part 1 - 3 trees at $75,000 dollars for - 4 wood, 4 energy, 1 bone, 1 creep and 1 coal. 1 tree for 30 gem - meaning 30 gem return - 1 hearty feast, 1 orange petal, 1 flour and 1 stone block (unfortunately I was already full of that)' so at the end of that one, I was gem neutral, $75,000 down and just a bit up on what I already had, which is close to max, easy to craft or already maxed out on.

Then as I have some gems, I bought the 90 gem tree. For that I got 1 red dye, 1 earth wisp, 1 mirthil, 1 lumin essence and 1 royal block. The only things useful were the red dye and the lumin - as when, and only when I finally get that elusive burning ember, it will come in handy. Sorry to those mirthel chasers, i have 41 now. The rest are relatively easy to come by. That haul was not worth the 90 gems.

Finally, for giggles again, I bought 1 30 gem try. From that I got, now wait for it - 2 sap, 1 wood and again 1 stone block, which I was still already full of.

I do understand that TL needs to make a buck, but this (non existent) quest is certainly taking the p--s.

Unfortunately, the quest will now sit idle in my little book for 19 days. At least it will keep the Raw Materials quest company, whilst I await that burning ember. Cheers

hottrthanhott
12-12-13, 11:22 PM

Thought this would be worth mentioning since I haven't seen anyone else mention getting it...I chopped down a handful of classic trees and got some white dye.11719

Someone did mention the white dye. You are the second. Ok, maybe next weeks update is to craft them. Hmmm, besides white petals and water... What else may be needed so I can stock up? Maybe that's where the wisps come in handy!??

Hope next week's update is better than this one. I did enjoy the Inn. Got one horn for Alicorn from Polaris Adventure, though I really needed the Burning Ember instead. BUT, won't complain for the second Alicorn I'm crafting as we speak... Well, type. :)

bottledH20
12-12-13, 11:43 PM
First of all, I would like to thank those who provided the information of their drops from the white and grand Christmas trees. Without you, many of us would have felt like we wasted 150 gems and been very bitter towards TeamLava.

Second, I'd like to say that, like others have said, I like the coin trees. They are nice for people with lots of coins and are an additional decoration without having to spend gems. I also was okay with the first quest, since it reimbursed you for the gems that you spent on the white Christmas tree. I actually got some decent items from my trees, including 2 spicy feasts and a fey crystal. I also had the foresight to not use my last chop, so that I have 2 new decorations for my kingdom. None of it was really worth 30 gems, but hey, it was free at this point.

However, the second quest was absolutely terrible. I thought surely with only 5 chops on the 90-gem grand Christmas tree, it would have amazing gem-worthy drops like orange trees, lemon trees, gem pigs, gem cows, maybe a rare gem building, etc. Stuff that would lift our spirits and feel worth 90 gems. Instead, you basically stole 150 gems from your most trusting players. It feels like yet another gem trap, which is not the feeling we want to have for Christmas. This should have been something to lift our spirits for the holidays, and instead you let us down.

You could have done the same thing you did with the first quest with the second quest. You could have reimbursed us the 180 gems, or close to it, with the quest completion. It obviously would not have given us game-breaking drops to have given us 4 white Christmas trees and 1 grand Christmas tree for free or cheap. It would have felt like a Christmas GIFT from TeamLava and lifted our spirits. And then some people might have even purchased additional ones for the gamble and/or for decorations, and I think everyone would have been at least content with the update, if not happy. Instead, you were greedy and took 150 gems and gave very little in return on what is supposed to be a giving holiday.

You've done some things I've been disappointed with in the past, but this one takes the cake. Or the gems, as it were.

Triple_K
12-13-13, 12:08 AM
First of all, I would like to thank those who provided the information of their drops from the white and grand Christmas trees. Without you, many of us would have felt like we wasted 150 gems and been very bitter towards TeamLava.

Second, I'd like to say that, like others have said, I like the coin trees. They are nice for people with lots of coins and are an additional decoration without having to spend gems. I also was okay with the first quest, since it reimbursed you for the gems that you spent on the white Christmas tree. I actually got some decent items from my trees, including 2 spicy feasts and a fey crystal. I also had the foresight to not use my last chop, so that I have 2 new decorations for my kingdom. None of it was really worth 30 gems, but hey, it was free at this point.

However, the second quest was absolutely terrible. I thought surely with only 5 chops on the 90-gem grand Christmas tree, it would have amazing gem-worthy drops like orange trees, lemon trees, gem pigs, gem cows, maybe a rare gem building, etc. Stuff that would lift our spirits and feel worth 90 gems. Instead, you basically stole 150 gems from your most trusting players. It feels like yet another gem trap, which is not the feeling we want to have for Christmas. This should have been something to lift our spirits for the holidays, and instead you let us down.

You could have done the same thing you did with the first quest with the second quest. You could have reimbursed us the 180 gems, or close to it, with the quest completion. It obviously would not have given us game-breaking drops to have given us 4 white Christmas trees and 1 grand Christmas tree for free or cheap. It would have felt like a Christmas GIFT from TeamLava and lifted our spirits. And then some people might have even purchased additional ones for the gamble and/or for decorations, and I think everyone would have been at least content with the update, if not happy. Instead, you were greedy and took 150 gems and gave very little in return on what is supposed to be a giving holiday.

You've done some things I've been disappointed with in the past, but this one takes the cake. Or the gems, as it were.

DITTO! �� 2 thumbs up

mrbinky
12-13-13, 12:18 AM
One more try at the classics: 1 wood, 1 energy, 1 bread.

Yum!

BriarAvenue
12-13-13, 12:19 AM
Even though most of the drops are rubbish, I have loads of coins doing nothing, so bought 10 classic trees.

Had a few decent drops including

4 spicey feasts
3 mythril
2 adamant
2 wisp lanterns
4 simple feasts

So not all bad. Will probably spend another million on these trees. Shame you can't store them for a later date when needing materials.
But not good either, n definitely not worth for the cost!
Those items are not that difficult to get from regular resources.
I got a golden nugget from deep mine today.

BriarAvenue
12-13-13, 12:25 AM
I get the coal drops....kinda ironic. But was TL expecting us to be happy unwrapping a log or loaf of bread for Christmas?!
How about a present that is just a decoration for the kingdoms? A snowman, a poinsettia ( would be really great if it also dropped red petals), an igloo or snowball fort, an angel statue? Those are presents. We would have knocked ourselves out spending all of our money trying to get these "collectors items." But bread? That is the weirdest Christmas present ever! TL, in one of the more recent update threads another player applied to be your marketing director.....PLEASE, PLEASE hire him! You need someone badly to explain to you the psychology of consumerism.

Sorry for my suspiscion, wonder if it might be TL didn't give its employees a generous bonus,
So that the creation team find their consolation price by such "funny gifts" that they are now amused
to find us grumbling. What's that movie called? The Gringe that stole Christmas?

JayUK69
12-13-13, 12:32 AM
But not good either, n definitely not worth for the cost!
Those items are not that difficult to get from regular resources.
I got a golden nugget from deep mine today.

Adamant is a rare drop for me and spicy feasts take a lot of resources, especially rat tails which don't drop often for me either. I have/had loads of excess coins so it wasn't a problem for me.

BriarAvenue
12-13-13, 12:39 AM
Btw, all the other buildings give dropping, most plants drop petals too without chopping
So pls tell me why I need to spend coins and gems
(jeweller costs 27500 coins but allows me collecting regularly without tearing it down)

All these updates since thanksgiving are supposed to let us hv some fun during holidays seasons,
But up till now, it seems one disappointment after another.
TL, are you getting too many players and it's too much for your server,
So you need to get rid off us to leave room for players who are prepared to purchase gems?
I just wonder because all these are against all the rules in business management, customer relation
n marketing.

BriarAvenue
12-13-13, 12:42 AM
Adamant is a rare drop for me and spicy feasts take a lot of resources, especially rat tails which don't drop often for me either. I have/had loads of excess coins so it wasn't a problem for me.
Not so rare for me. I believe I even got it from mr. Piggy once if I remember correctly.
Compared to these trees, my deep mine works far better.

JayUK69
12-13-13, 01:08 AM
Not so rare for me. I believe I even got it from mr. Piggy once if I remember correctly.
Compared to these trees, my deep mine works far better.

That's the thing though, we all have different drop rates and our own struggles to get certain materials. I just had an expansion permit drop, which has saved me doing 30 trades, so well worth spending coins on. I had a few million coins that aren't much use at all, so it gives me a chance to use them on these. I'm not saying this update is good at all, but at least I'm getting something out of it. To be honest, I'm getting bored of all these timed quests and expensive gem only items. But, until TL fix the gem trap issue, I won't be paying cash for any more gems and seeing as they refuse to fix it, I save money.

CLOVERKAITO
12-13-13, 01:11 AM
When I saw the new quest with x'mas tress I was so excited!... then I saw there is a tree that costs 30 gems to buy, but the reward is 30 gems too, so sure, why not.

Then when I saw the second quest, if you do the math, it costs 150 gems to complete... while I *do* have the spare gems to buy them, I didn't. And good to know that I'm not the only one here who thought it was outrageous and unreasonable. After I read what everyone had been getting as drops from these trees I'm even more grateful that I didn't spend that 150 gems...

I only chopped down 1 coin tree. Gonna save the rest for later. Here is what I got: orange petal, yellow dye, noodle

Not worth 25000 coins imo.

nasha86
12-13-13, 01:23 AM
That's the thing though, we all have different drop rates and our own struggles to get certain materials. I just had an expansion permit drop, which has saved me doing 30 trades, so well worth spending coins on. I had a few million coins that aren't much use at all, so it gives me a chance to use them on these. I'm not saying this update is good at all, but at least I'm getting something out of it. To be honest, I'm getting bored of all these timed quests and expensive gem only items. But, until TL fix the gem trap issue, I won't be paying cash for any more gems and seeing as they refuse to fix it, I save money.
Hi JayUK, how many classic one You had chop down? You are lucky with this random drop, so far.

JayUK69
12-13-13, 02:20 AM
Hi JayUK, how many classic one You had chop down? You are lucky with this random drop, so far.

I've chopped about 20 so far and spent about 500,000 coins. Some trees have only dropped 3 wood though and I'm maxed out on those. For me, the adamant, gold nuggets, trade ticket and expansion permit made the spend worth it. Especially as I only needed 1 more permit to do the final expansion, but needed to do another 25 trades before I can get another permit.

Sandeuro
12-13-13, 02:23 AM
Just got an expansion permit from the classic tree.

newzealander
12-13-13, 03:05 AM
Just got an expansion permit from the classic tree.

Now, THAT's what I call Christmas :)

ciarjen
12-13-13, 04:03 AM
I got a few coins from chopping a classic tree. A lemon and a piece of wood from the other.

I dont understand the point of the quest. It makes no sense to chop down Christmas trees before Christmas, particularly if you are not getting anything from them.

elaur
12-13-13, 04:28 AM
Are you guys getting expansion permits or trade tickets? I've chopped about 200 classic chops and have gotten a couple trade tickets but no expansion permits.

elaur
12-13-13, 04:29 AM
Rereading it looks like you actually mean expansion permit. Nice luck!

JayUK69
12-13-13, 04:46 AM
Are you guys getting expansion permits or trade tickets? I've chopped about 200 classic chops and have gotten a couple trade tickets but no expansion permits.

I've had a few trade tickets and 1 expansion permit. I've also had 6 adamant drop now, but down to my last million coins, so might stop there.

Sandeuro
12-13-13, 05:04 AM
YEP, expansion permit. Trying for more, so far no luck.

belbar22
12-13-13, 05:23 AM
I've chopped about 20 so far and spent about 500,000 coins. Some trees have only dropped 3 wood though and I'm maxed out on those. For me, the adamant, gold nuggets, trade ticket and expansion permit made the spend worth it. Especially as I only needed 1 more permit to do the final expansion, but needed to do another 25 trades before I can get another permit.

How I wish I had 500,000 coins. This quest is really best suited to players who have been playing for a long time, have finished all the other quests and have managed to save loads of money. Although I have been playing since April, I think and am on level 30, I am always saving money and then spending it straight away on expansions. It seems that the people who need the resources the most have the least chance of having the money to get them, as it would appear you need to invest in a lot of trees to get a few great drops. I don't buy gems and this quest for me is a total waste so I won't be doing it.

Not much xmas cheer from TL then this xmas.

youbugme
12-13-13, 06:10 AM
YEP, expansion permit. Trying for more, so far no luck.

I chopped a classic tree, got 75 coins. No tickets, no feasts. Just 75 coins. SMH

BriarAvenue
12-13-13, 07:35 AM
How I wish I had 500,000 coins. This quest is really best suited to players who have been playing for a long time, have finished all the other quests and have managed to save loads of money. Although I have been playing since April, I think and am on level 30, I am always saving money and then spending it straight away on expansions. It seems that the people who need the resources the most have the least chance of having the money to get them, as it would appear you need to invest in a lot of trees to get a few great drops. I don't buy gems and this quest for me is a total waste so I won't be doing it.

Not much xmas cheer from TL then this xmas.

Exactly, the timed quests are really not fair for those newcomers who are not prepared to spend real monies.
Maybe that explains the high drop out rate I saw in my neighbours.
Quite a few stopped after quests left incomplete. Just don't know what TL is thinking!

Leilani613
12-13-13, 08:24 AM
This game used to be enjoyable. I even had a nice little group of friends that would chat about this game outside of this forum. Well we're all still playing, but the chat has moved on to a different game. I'll probably buy a few more of the coin trees since I do have a nice stash, but there is no way I'm buying the gem trees. I'm not going to encourage this kind of strategy by TL by supporting it with money. The timed quests that have ended early leaving folks frustrated was one thing. Now updates that require premium content to take part in, no thanks. I get that people don't have to do this quest. I get that people who do do it are doing so of their own free will. I also get that this sort of thing is a quick way to alienate customers who either can't or don't want to spend real money on a free game. No matter how much someone knows that they don't have to do something, the psychological drive to be part of this fantasy world that they've created is strong. So while the rational side of people knows that they don't have to take part, the psychology of the game makes them feel as though they're missing out on part of the game and people feel an irrational need to spend money to be part of this quest. What TL is forgetting is that people are very willing to spend real money on gems when they want to buy them. They resent spending money on gems when they feel they need to buy them.

My other reason for not supporting this latest scheme, is that the descriptions are deceptive in my opinion. I know I'm not the only person who has played this game for any amount of time that thinks a drop is something that comes on a schedule. Even the nest which hasn't given me anything other can coins since the second week I had it, drops those on a schedule. The only way to get any benefit from these trees is to chop them. The only way to find that out is to read this forum or, for the people who aren't on the forum, to buy them and then discover that you have to chop them. I also don't consider anything that the trees I've tried so far valuable or useful. I understand I've only done the coin trees and the one 30 gem one that ended in a gem wash. I can't even say that the items I got from the gem tree are better than the ones I got from the coin trees. Although, I suppose it could be argued that if I give you a nickel, someone else gives you a dime and a third person gives you a quarter; then, it is true that the third person gives a better reward. But, that reward is still not worth what it cost to acquire it.

Now maybe if TL thought this out a little and made the trees truly drop items, made them decorations or made them chopable but after the chops they became a decoration that gave a couple royal points people wouldn't be upset. The way they did this though is just a poor business model.

I already did in a lengthy e-mail. They should definitely hire someone or grab a copy of "Marketing and Psychology for Dummies" because they clearly didn't understand the crash course. You don't have to a marketing degree or a psychology degree to figure out that they have embarked on a path that is altering the game in such a way that it will eventually cause customers to move on. Now maybe they think they can pick up enough to customers to offset the ones that leave, but one of the first things you learn in management is that it's cheaper to keep an existing customer than it is to lure new ones.

katbtodd
12-13-13, 08:50 AM
Spent 1 million coins and wasted over 40 engery choping the Christmas tree. The best think I got was a gold nugget. Got to say got mostly wood,, was hoping for a trade ticket, it didn't happen good luck to esle that tries. ,I'm done

michelle4102
12-13-13, 08:59 AM
I think the trees are beautiful, but really not worth chopping down. Please, please, please... Is there anyway TL can let us store the trees after the holiday season?

cloudsail
12-13-13, 09:24 AM
The only way to get any benefit from these trees is to chop them. The only way to find that out is to read this forum or, for the people who aren't on the forum, to buy them and then discover that you have to chop them.

Just wanted to point out that it says quite clearly in the market when you buy the trees: "Can be cleared in x chops."

JayUK69
12-13-13, 09:50 AM
Just had a white dye drop from the classic tree.

letf8b
12-13-13, 11:09 AM
I would like to know if we save tree will it disappear after Xmas? Regular trees have given enchanted beams blocks glimmer dust. I don't want to chop down the one I bought for 30 want to save for decoration. Maybe on Xmas will take down or New Years if it's possible to keep and open gifts still😜. Happy holidays and thank u team lava❤️

dezzzila
12-13-13, 11:12 AM

I would like to know if we save tree will it disappear after Xmas? Regular trees have given enchanted beams blocks glimmer dust. I don't want to chop down the one I bought for 30 want to save for decoration. Maybe on Xmas will take down or New Years if it's possible to keep and open gifts still��. Happy holidays and thank u team lava❤️

They should stay on your board. I bought two classics so far, and only chopped them both twice and got 1 builders paste, 1 wood, 3 energy and 1 glimmerdust.

EllieTheBeeEater
12-13-13, 11:22 AM
I would only want them as a decoration if they dropped stuff. I don't like the idea of keeping them knowing that they are ridiculously expensive and yet pretty much worthless.

TeamLava - please considering changing the trees to DROP, not CHOP! It'll be worth the backtrack to show you are listening to your faithful customers! :)

AuntyRose32
12-13-13, 11:45 AM
This absolutely baffles me TL. When I got this update yesterday I didn't have time to take it all in, so I just had a quick glance but right off I could tell something wasn't right. When I got home and had time to look at it I just laughed. You want us to chop down gem trees...really, you haven't learned from past experiences. This is the equivalent of planting gem crops in Farm and harvesting them. Nobody likes it there, why would you think it would be such a hit in Castle? It is after all only dropping regular items, nothing special that I can tell. I'd rather get wood from a coin purchased tree from the market. After chopping it we don't even get to keep it as a decoration...it just goes puff! Meanwhile we are all dying to have Christmas decorations in our kingdoms and would gladly pay gems to have them, like all other games we want to be able to store these decorations and take them out for display again in the future. The trees are beautiful but chopping them and having them gone for good or not chopping them but having to look at them all year long does not make for a happy player, in my opinion.

I usually love everything released in Castle and appreciate all the work that you guys put into, so I'm not really complaining, nothing's perfect and that includes Castle Story. I'm really just saying I think you guys let yourselves as well as us players down on this one, it doesn't seem like it was well thought out, it doesn't seem like it came from the CS team, it's like somebody who doesn't even know the game came up with this. When I first saw this I thought, oh great, trees that drop gifts - 'Christmas decor' and can be stored, what a great idea! Then I saw 'can be cleared in 5 chops' and it was game over. I'm never gonna pay to chop/harvest a gem item or crop....never. I rarely even spend gems to speed something up as I think that's a waste of gems too and I'm just not in that much of a hurry to get something done, I get more fun out of the game playing at my own speed. Thirty days to complete goals is plenty for me, it allows me to do them at my own pace. I don't need to complete them in the first day or two but that's just me. Anyway, I spend a lot of money on these games and I know people who spend ALOT more than I do, I'm happy to support the games, I get a lot of enjoyment out of them but that to me just makes no sense. So after all that I guess I just want to say that this is one quest line I'll be glad to see the timer run out on :/

dezzzila
12-13-13, 12:32 PM
So 75,000 coins later, I chopped 3 classic's 6 times and got 1 builders paste, 1 wood, 3 energy, 1 glimmerdust, 3 energy again and 1 earthwisp.
The winter tree I chopped 3 times and got 1 sap, 1 simple glue, and 1 longsword.

Gonna leave them till I get two anxious to chop again

1Murphy1
12-13-13, 12:48 PM
I'm still playing, hope I'm not too late when they transfer the game to my new device, emailed the request on the 12 to tech support, any one know how long it takes, my friends will be deleting me, thinking I've stopped playing

patoubzh1
12-13-13, 12:59 PM
Usually on threads, you see one or two comments from TL people..after 24 pages I do not think I have seen a single one...

bobbo26
12-13-13, 01:26 PM
Usually on threads, you see one or two comments from TL people..after 24 pages I do not think I have seen a single one...

They already posted about faeries to distract us from this terrible update, they wont admit they messed up now.

shellandtrev
12-13-13, 01:28 PM
Dear Team Lava/ Grinch Who Stole Christmas
Do you read this forum at all? If you did you would note that whenever you release an update that requires using gems to buy BUILDINGS ( that we get to KEEP forever) people are not happy! So why oh why would you release an update that requires spending gems on an object that we chop down and is LOST forever? Where is your Christmas Spirit? Have we all been naughty cos this is the equivalent of Santa putting coal in our stockings :-(

caiaxoxo
12-13-13, 01:47 PM
I literally got coal as a present from a chop! Turns out I've been naughty and don't deserve any good presents.

katbtodd
12-13-13, 01:48 PM
I keep coming to the forum, hoping to read some thing positive,,, but I guess that's not going to happen

ambulldog615
12-13-13, 02:02 PM
I know, there's no positive hear.
People need to post those comments in the feedback forum!
I truly love this game and everything TL is doing with it!

shellandtrev
12-13-13, 02:49 PM
I keep coming to the forum, hoping to read some thing positive,,, but I guess that's not going to happen

There isn't really anything positive to say about this update. I love playing castle story I play several times a day and look forward to every update that is released, and I have never complained about having to use gems to purchase stuff related to these updates cos usually the gem items are totally worth what team lava ask for them eg. Wizard school, barracks, glimmer dust trove to name a few. But to spend 30/90 gems on a tree to cut down with a chance you'll only get wood or some other item that is easy to produce is really not fair this has been the Only update I have been disappointed with

bobbert29
12-13-13, 04:12 PM
There isn't really anything positive to say about this update. I love playing castle story I play several times a day and look forward to every update that is released, and I have never complained about having to use gems to purchase stuff related to these updates cos usually the gem items are totally worth what team lava ask for them eg. Wizard school, barracks, glimmer dust trove to name a few. But to spend 30/90 gems on a tree to cut down with a chance you'll only get wood or some other item that is easy to produce is really not fair this has been the Only update I have been disappointed with
Absolutely nothing whatsoever positive to say about this update? Nothing at all? Really? The classic tree is gem-free and nobody is FORCED to buy the other trees. Without coming to the forums I was able to tell pretty quickly that the trees would get chopped down, gem and coin both. They always said right from the start that they can be cleared in so many actions. That means it goes away permanently. Seriously. TL, thank you for the Classic Trees. I won't be spending gems because I spent them all on my barracks, but the Classic Tree is a welcome addition. I'm grateful that you're focusing on providing updates for this game again, even if they sometimes aren't well-received.

ac302
12-13-13, 04:40 PM
I just read the forum about this topic....after I completed the goal. LOL. I can't do anything but laugh now.

guyrye
12-13-13, 05:06 PM
So I complete the first quest with a reward of 30 Gems (no harm on this one, since the tree cost 30 gems). Not too happy that the reward is the same as what we pay for the tree. Then I chop down the tree and get rewarded A WOOD BEAM! What the hell kind of "present" is that? A 30 Gem, not cheap, tree should drop better items than that. "Info: Chop for better quality gifts", yeah right. I got better rewards from the 25000 trees. I am not about to find out what kind of reward I would get buy spending 180 Gems to complete the second part of that quest. What a joke of a quest to be that expensive. I think I will save my $10 real cash instead of using it on trees that are not forever, and drop the equivalent of chopping at a tree one time.

guyrye
12-13-13, 05:08 PM
Absolutely nothing whatsoever positive to say about this update? Nothing at all? Really? The classic tree is gem-free and nobody is FORCED to buy the other trees. Without coming to the forums I was able to tell pretty quickly that the trees would get chopped down, gem and coin both. They always said right from the start that they can be cleared in so many actions. That means it goes away permanently. Seriously. TL, thank you for the Classic Trees. I won't be spending gems because I spent them all on my barracks, but the Classic Tree is a welcome addition. I'm grateful that you're focusing on providing updates for this game again, even if they sometimes aren't well-received.

I appreciate the update as well. My problem is that when I spend 30 Gems on a special present tree and it drops a Wood Beam, which is far from special.

outhouse01
12-13-13, 06:40 PM

I also appreciate the updates and understood the concept of "chopped down in xx actions", however, this one is really a complete joke. As I said in my previous post (post 194) I did some of it for giggles.

Now lets do the math, which I must say is not a strong point of mine. 3 trees - $75g - 9 energy to chop. Received 4 wood, 4 energy, 1 bone, 1 creep, 1 coal (thanks Santa, now I know I have been bad this year). Therefore 5 energy down already. For my 9 energy, I could have visited a sawmill and got more wood, knowing my luck touched a cow or chicken and a fanger beast showed up and got the bone and creep, given, I would have had have defeated him to get them, but at least would have got some energy back in return, visited a mine and received more than just 1 coal, visited a few other buildings and got coin or something else. Therefore my $75g was not worth it. That is a decent down payment on an expansion.

Then the 30 gem tree comes into the equation. My return 1 hearty feast, 1 orange petal, 1 flour 1 stone block. Must say, thanks for the hearty feast, that was pleasant, however the rest, not hard to come by.

The final kicker, and yes, as previously said, I did for giggles only, bought another 30 gem tree for fun. My return - 2 sap, 1 wood, 1 stone block (4 energy use) All that for 30 gems. I could have got that in the scenario noted above.

So whilst happy for the updates, this one really is a bad joke in my opinion. Yes, I did it for giggles, however, what about new players, they would be totally dismayed at that return for a 75g spend, or spent their hard to come by gems and got what I got from the second 30 gem tree. I know I am. Cheers

bottledH20
12-13-13, 06:42 PM
They should thank us for the feedback and learn from it, whether or not it is negative. Many of us are providing constructive criticism. If they can't handle that, they're in the wrong business. We obviously enjoy the game overall, or we would a) quit the game, and b) probably wouldn't bother providing feedback.

Problem is, I'm not sure they listen.

outhouse01
12-13-13, 06:51 PM
Further to the above. I just collected from my 2 mills and 2 mines (normal mines, not deep mines), 4energy in total. Received 7 sap, 12 wood, 11 stone, 4 coal 1 earth wisp. That puts my issue about the second 30 gem tree into context. Cheers

mamareader02
12-13-13, 07:28 PM
I'm just enjoying buying the coin trees and chopping them to see what I get,I know most of the items aren't worth coins,but I love it when I get feasts are part of them,it's like a lottery scratch off to me,you may or (more likely) may not get your money back:)

outhouse01
12-13-13, 07:41 PM
I'm just enjoying buying the coin trees and chopping them to see what I get,I know most of the items aren't worth coins,but I love it when I get feasts are part of them,it's like a lottery scratch off to me,you may or (more likely) may not get your money back:)

I understand both sides of the coin, however, for people that are not gem/coin rich, it is just a quest that will sit in the book for almost 3 weeks just taunting players. Cheers

starlighter21
12-13-13, 09:47 PM
One of my reg trees gave me a sundae, hearty feast, coal, and some coins.

Do you mean one of the classic christmas trees or regular non-christmas trees?

Castlevilla
12-13-13, 09:50 PM
You don't need to chop it down... I will chop twice and then leave the tree in my kingdom :)

Be very careful!!! I chopped my White tree and just left one chop and my finger hit it and poof it was gone and I had decided to keep it as a Beautiful decoration!! Having problems with my counter so don't want to purchase another!!!

midnightmeerkat
12-13-13, 10:49 PM
Be very careful!!! I chopped my White tree and just left one chop and my finger hit it and poof it was gone and I had decided to keep it as a Beautiful decoration!! Having problems with my counter so don't want to purchase another!!!

I've only chopped once as i want to keep them for decoration, I did accidentally touch one but managed to hit edit in time to cancel it

ambulldog615
12-13-13, 11:20 PM
Another trade ticket

BriarAvenue
12-14-13, 12:58 AM
Did the dumbest thing just now - hit the buy button by accident n bought the most expensive one with gems!
Gosh, just hate my dumb finger.