PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story: 12/12/2013 Update Christmas Trees

Pages : 1 [2]

Castloninian
12-14-13, 03:40 AM
Did the dumbest thing just now - hit the buy button by accident n bought the most expensive one with gems!
Gosh, just hate my dumb finger.
Oh bother, hope you get a couple of good presents at least!

DrP4ever
12-14-13, 04:13 AM
I did the quest all the way. I don't usually come to the forum. I swore it said Drop which is totally different than Chop. I want my gems back! And I want the ability to store the trees. Santa didn't give this gift, the Grinch did and it stinks!!

katbtodd
12-14-13, 04:32 AM
There isn't really anything positive to say about this update. I love playing castle story I play several times a day and look forward to every update that is released, and I have never complained about having to use gems to purchase stuff related to these updates cos usually the gem items are totally worth what team lava ask for them eg. Wizard school, barracks, glimmer dust trove to name a few. But to spend 30/90 gems on a tree to cut down with a chance you'll only get wood or some other item that is easy to produce is really not fair this has been the Only update I have been disappointed with

Was,hoping there was more to the quest for me to finish it a big surprized at the end, but I thinking not,,, just a energy sucker and a waste of well guarded. Gems

katbtodd
12-14-13, 04:33 AM
I did the quest all the way. I don't usually come to the forum. I swore it said Drop which is totally different than Chop. I want my gems back! And I want the ability to store the trees. Santa didn't give this gift, the Grinch did and it stinks!!

Tell us ,,what's at the end,, since we got 19 days to finish thinking they had to be more then just chopping trees

shambalaya
12-14-13, 04:34 AM
TL, are the gem trees available as rare drops from adventures? It would be nice to think I had at least a remote chance of completing the quest without spending 150 gems.

Breathtaking1
12-14-13, 06:53 AM
Lol 25k tree that dropped 10 coins and one energy... They are having a laugh.

calipitter
12-14-13, 08:12 AM
I wonder if they are laughing (all the way to the bank) or how this really worked out for them. Was it a good move or did it backfire? I purchased gems two days before the Christmas tree quest came out because I felt that they deserved some compensation for creating and continuing to update a great game that I enjoy playing. (And I still feel that way! If you are a higher level player and have never spent any money to buy gems and pay for the pleasure of playing the game, shame on you!) But this quest was a real slap in the face to the players! Thinking about how teams and discussions go at my own job, I can't help but believe there was at least one person at TL who was saying "guys, this is not a good idea". That person was right. People should buy gems once in a while to support the continued efforts of the designers. (Just don't do it during this quest! This one calls for a []!). Next time you see TL release an update you do like, let them know your appreciation by buying some gems then! I can't afford much so I buy the lowest amount when they are on sale but If we all did that it would add up. And maybe, just maybe, they wouldn't use this kind of creepy salesman tactic on us.

guyrye
12-14-13, 08:20 AM
The trees are pretty to look at and leave around the kingdom. I'll buy another 25000 tree and leave it for decorations, but not waste the energy for its dismal drops.

ratandrooster
12-14-13, 09:36 AM
sap, wood, living wood.

my earlier trees gave me a lot of better stuff, i think a food item or feast, energy. better than sap and wood! i'm full on living wood too

BriarAvenue
12-14-13, 09:56 AM
I wonder if they are laughing (all the way to the bank) or how this really worked out for them. Was it a good move or did it backfire? I purchased gems two days before the Christmas tree quest came out because I felt that they deserved some compensation for creating and continuing to update a great game that I enjoy playing. (And I still feel that way! If you are a higher level player and have never spent any money to buy gems and pay for the pleasure of playing the game, shame on you!) But this quest was a real slap in the face to the players! Thinking about how teams and discussions go at my own job, I can't help but believe there was at least one person at TL who was saying "guys, this is not a good idea". That person was right. People should buy gems once in a while to support the continued efforts of the designers. (Just don't do it during this quest! This one calls for a []!). Next time you see TL release an update you do like, let them know your appreciation by buying some gems then! I can't afford much so I buy the lowest amount when they are on sale but If we all did that it would add up. And maybe, just maybe, they wouldn't use this kind of creepy salesman tactic on us.

You said it well. To give them benefit of doubts, they are good in IT n game design.
Wonder if any of them did any consumer behavior or marketing course.
The ideal is for them doing focus group of some sort or hv "QC" (not "Queen's Counsel)
by a person who looks at the end product from consumer perspective.
Everything is cost effective.
I believe they hv decided for weekly update which may be barely enough to wrap up the design portion.
So no time to really think about what impression these updates might hv.
But having said that, they should hv learned from past experience by now if they care abt their image.

minndom
12-14-13, 10:33 AM
Wood, one energy and sap. Honestly?

ambulldog615
12-14-13, 10:43 AM
Nice! Just got another trade ticket from the chop on a 25,000 coin classic tree.
Don't know why the whining from everyone. It's a choice to spend gems to pass a mission or spend coins just sitting there any how. I was waiting for something to come out to spend my coins on.
People are looking to deeply into this!
Plus this is the wrong forum to post about this mission, put comment in the feedback forum!

Oh ya, another trade ticket

vednir
12-14-13, 11:07 AM
If you think of it as 3 lottery/raffle tickets for 25,000 instead of a Christmas tree maybe that makes it only slightly less absurd.

For those with millions in the bank it's probably best to keep at least a few million coins in reserve. You never know whether the next time-limited quest will require coins. Just as the sweepstakes a couple of weeks ago cleaned out a lot of inventories it's likely many have not rebuilt all their stockpiles with the craziness of the Kingdom Inn.

miracle789
12-14-13, 02:45 PM
Spent a million coins and got one trade ticket. Well, think this is not too bad. For those who didn't get any, wish you better luck for your next trials!

I played this game more than a year and have bought a lot of gems because I really like this game (thanks, TL!). Of course, sometimes hate things like gem traps and too expensive items and lottery only valid for US residents though :mad: Well, whatsoever, I'd like to see less of complaints that argue people shouldn't spend any money to play this game. I just don't like the idea of asking and pushing too much "enjoying for free"...

1Murphy1
12-14-13, 05:06 PM
I got my game transferred, I'm a happy camper, requested on the 12th was transferred late on the 13th

4ral3
12-14-13, 05:14 PM
I bought one white tree, received the gems back and am going to leave it standing in my kingdom for the holidays. Not doing the quest further.

Exactly my plan. The second quest is basically 150 gems for trees you are supposed to destroy? It doesn't make any sense whatsoever. Trees are nice, though, I'll give you that :)

Dabag
12-14-13, 08:52 PM
http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/i5/CS%20Featured%20Items/P2dec1420132013-12-140031024x768-Copy.jpg

To the Artists for their vision:
Thank You for ALL the beautiful Christmas Trees

http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/i5/CS%20Featured%20Items/P2dec1420132013-12-130051024x768400x267-Copy.jpg

http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/i5/CS%20Featured%20Items/P2dec1420132013-12-130111024x768400x265-Copy.jpg

Castloninian
12-15-13, 06:20 AM
I think the classic trees are a bit addictive. Every so often I buy one, or a few, and chop them down to see what I get. Mostly useless stuff but it's still exciting to see what you get.

JayUK69
12-15-13, 11:07 AM
So far from the classic tree I have had 4 trade tickets and 2 expansion permits, which saves me doing 64 trades. Well worth spending all my surplus coins on.

meme1098
12-15-13, 11:46 AM
That's pretty good. I've only chopped one so far but bought several more classic trees that I will keep until after Christmas and then I will chop them all down.

BriarAvenue
12-15-13, 12:01 PM
http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/i5/CS%20Featured%20Items/P2dec1420132013-12-140031024x768-Copy.jpg

To the Artists for their vision:
Thank You for ALL the beautiful Christmas Trees

http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/i5/CS%20Featured%20Items/P2dec1420132013-12-130051024x768400x267-Copy.jpg

http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/i5/CS%20Featured%20Items/P2dec1420132013-12-130111024x768400x265-Copy.jpg

Not being critical for critical's sake, but I don't like the winter white at all,
And can't tell the difference btw the class and the grand.
It seems the classic is more grand than the grand.
The grand's coloring should be in a different color, perhaps more red ribbons or pastel peach n gold.

tiedyetim
12-15-13, 12:01 PM
Grand tree gave me: earth wisp, 15 coins, 15 coins, mushroom, sap.

My problem is not spending the gems, it's the gives the best gifts of all thing.

Thank you so much.

If you try to tell me I should have waited for Christmas, I will tell you to bite me.

jackie2006
12-15-13, 12:13 PM
i stop at the "it's raining presents" task because I don't have 90 gems to buy 3 winter white trees and 90 gems for Grand Christmas tree.

troubadours
12-15-13, 12:45 PM
By now I have spent more than a million coins on classic trees. I've noticed the variety of items that have dropped increased and the items dropping have gotten better since I first started chopping those trees. The best items I've gotten so far though are a wisp lantern and royal block, hoping for something better!

tiedyetim
12-15-13, 01:06 PM
I had begged my wife to spen $5 to get grand tree. All my earned gems were spent on the 30 gem trees. Wanted to complete the goal

cloudsail
12-15-13, 02:35 PM
I think the classic trees are a bit addictive. Every so often I buy one, or a few, and chop them down to see what I get. Mostly useless stuff but it's still exciting to see what you get.

Lol, same here, it's like gambling :)
The best things I've gotten are trade tickets, I think, or enchanted block/beam. Builder's paste was pretty good too. Would love to get an expansion permit!

labsandboxers
12-15-13, 05:46 PM
After reading some of the post it has encouraged me to buy some more classic trees. I really could use the expansion tickets that others have gotten. A burning ember would also be a treat. Very curious about the next update but not to excited about the last couple

elaur
12-15-13, 07:22 PM
I never got an expansion ticket. I spent about 2 million on trees.

prispunya
12-15-13, 08:38 PM
What so saddening about this quest is that the Christmas Trees all so beautiful but the quest is about chopping down christmas trees?? It's unlogical to chop down a christmas tree, christmas tree is a decoration to be enjoy, not a big pinnata dolls that you have to crush in order to get the candies inside.

I would say yes for others' suggestion that it would be better if the xmas tree drops gifts during xmas (even every 1 day is ok ) rather than 'chop for gifts'. Even if it's only decoration that gives nothing but able to be STORED in inventory after the xmas passed, i would really consider buying the xmas tree using gems because it would look beautiful even as decoration only.

Cmon' teamlava, chopping down a xmas tree is so un-christmas.

rubydale
12-15-13, 10:35 PM
What so saddening about this quest is that the Christmas Trees all so beautiful but the quest is about chopping down christmas trees?? It's unlogical to chop down a christmas tree, christmas tree is a decoration to be enjoy, not a big pinnata dolls that you have to crush in order to get the candies inside.

I would say yes for others' suggestion that it would be better if the xmas tree drops gifts during xmas (even every 1 day is ok ) rather than 'chop for gifts'. Even if it's only decoration that gives nothing but able to be STORED in inventory after the xmas passed, i would really consider buying the xmas tree using gems because it would look beautiful even as decoration only.

Cmon' teamlava, chopping down a xmas tree is so un-christmas.

my tree has disappeared😞had this happened to anyone else? I was saving them for the holidays

cloudsail
12-15-13, 11:23 PM
Ooh, got a white dye! Excited about what it will be used for.

crystalrayn3
12-16-13, 12:06 AM
I wasn't happy with the update but went ahead & purchased Gems so I could complete the Quests. It's an OCD thing. Anyway I was more disappointed that only Xmas trees were introduced. I was hoping to see visitors from the other realm mentioned in the Kingdom Inn Quests.

CoalCountry
12-16-13, 12:29 AM
I wasn't happy with the update but went ahead & purchased Gems so I could complete the Quests. It's an OCD thing. Anyway I was more disappointed that only Xmas trees were introduced. I was hoping to see visitors from the other realm mentioned in the Kingdom Inn Quests.

Same here. I wanted to actually VISIT Polaris! Same here with the OCD thing too. Can't stand something unfinished. I look at some people's kingdoms with lots of unfinished projects, and it just makes me want to leave a bad message on their walls. But I hold back. Haven't done it yet! LOL

rene2222
12-16-13, 01:02 AM
I wasn't happy with the quest either. Used earned gems to buy the trees and I didn't want to chop them off. LOL

luminariaflora
12-16-13, 11:14 AM
Argh, have a problem... I decided to use my gems to purchase 3 winter white trees (knowing I'd get 30 back to complete this section of the quest). I already had one, so I clicked "buy" for the second, and then hit the repeat button to purchase my third. I got my third tree, but the counter on the quest didn't register the third purchase! I closed the program and reopened with no success. Is this a glitch?

crystalrayn3
12-16-13, 12:38 PM
Same here. I wanted to actually VISIT Polaris! Same here with the OCD thing too. Can't stand something unfinished. I look at some people's kingdoms with lots of unfinished projects, and it just makes me want to leave a bad message on their walls. But I hold back. Haven't done it yet! LOL

LOL same here!

Gardienn
12-16-13, 02:11 PM
For getting goods, the trees stink, for the most part, but I bought several coin trees and one each of the white and grand trees, just because I liked them as decorations. I'd rather spend my gems on decorations I love than lose them in gem traps.

TL, please give us the option to store our Christmas trees!

esmeetje1990
12-17-13, 04:12 AM
So far I have only received stuff from the trees that I already had in great abundance... What a waste of 150 gems.

bowlfullofcherries
12-17-13, 10:52 AM
I just got a white dye from the 25000 coin tree. Anybody else?

bowlfullofcherries
12-17-13, 10:55 AM
Argh, have a problem... I decided to use my gems to purchase 3 winter white trees (knowing I'd get 30 back to complete this section of the quest). I already had one, so I clicked "buy" for the second, and then hit the repeat button to purchase my third. I got my third tree, but the counter on the quest didn't register the third purchase! I closed the program and reopened with no success. Is this a glitch?

You have to buy a total of four winter white trees. I actually put in a report itch this same issue only to realize after that the first tree didn't count. *mumble grumble*

bowlfullofcherries
12-17-13, 10:57 AM
Autocorrect is a pain. *palatable* *with*

meme1098
12-17-13, 12:35 PM
You should have the option to edit now. It was finally added a while back and I have been using it a lot since my big giant fingers make lots of mistakes.;)

cad33
12-17-13, 01:04 PM
I've gotten some really fantastic things in the ~2 million I've spent on trees.

The 30 gems I've spent on the White tree got me 2 wood, something I already was maxed at, and like a white dye. Not the amazing "full completed meals" that the coin trees have gotten me, nor blocks or beams. It was quiet disappointing. Having spent gems I was thinking it would be like a complete guarantee for ornate or cements or feasts... Shrug, oh well. Won't make that mistake again.

Woot! Edited this post just because I can edit this post!

bowlfullofcherries
12-17-13, 05:03 PM
You should have the option to edit now. It was finally added a while back and I have been using it a lot since my big giant fingers make lots of mistakes.;)

Oh, thank you. Thank you so much!

I've gotten some really fantastic things in the ~2 million I've spent on trees.

The 30 gems I've spent on the White tree got me 2 wood, something I already was maxed at, and like a white dye. Not the amazing "full completed meals" that the coin trees have gotten me, nor blocks or beams. It was quiet disappointing. Having spent gems I was thinking it would be like a complete guarantee for ornate or cements or feasts... Shrug, oh well. Won't make that mistake again.

Woot! Edited this post just because I can edit this post!

Lol!

Cesar49
12-20-13, 05:07 AM
Having gained 30 gems on one of the baron's parades I thought I'd try one of the white Christmas trees. Four chops later I had 1 mermaid scale, 1 orange petal and 2 logs. No more trees for me - thank goodness I don't celebrate Christmas!!!

djeyefly
12-22-13, 12:27 PM
Hi i spent the money to buy gems for the three 30 gem trees and the grand 90 gem tree, only to have it (the 90 gem grand tree) vanish. I did not chop it down and its not in inventory. Were did it go ?

sabrinashal
12-25-13, 02:06 AM
i bot the first 4 Christmas Trees

3 cost all together 75,000
and the 4th tree cost 30 gems which i got back! so total cost was nothing for the 4th tree

and i didn't finish the 2nd goal on the Christmas Trees

today i woke up and saw the 66% discount on the trees

so i bought and purchased those 4 remaining trees on the 2nd goal

which only cost

Winter White Tree - 10 gems x 3 trees
Grand Christmas Tree - 30 gems

and again i got 30 gems back!

so now i have 8 Christmas Trees

- 6 Classic Christmas Trees
- 1 Winter White Tree
- 1 Grand Christmas Tree

and the total cost was only 30 gems!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thank you TeamLava!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;););););););)

nasha86
12-25-13, 03:39 AM
It's a wonderful discount. Thank you, Teamlava. I just buy the Grand and three White Trees ;) and finish that mission

sabbywabbys
12-25-13, 07:57 AM
So my husband is super lucky and im super jealous! Get this, he ignored the x mas tree quest until today when they went on sale. Basically i was the rat test, did it, lame drops, gems out the door. No big woop. Well kinda i cried a lil, huffed and puffed but im over it now. So today he decides well they are on sale low on coins but whatevs. So for 75,000 coins and only 10 gems, three classic trees, 4 winter white trees and 1 grand x mas tree. So what does he get u ask? Well ur about to find out. The following does not include lame drops like wood, sap , coal , yellow/purple die,fur, rat tail and red petal.

architests paste, glimmer dust, earth wisp, golden egg, EXPANSION PERMIT, enchanted block, faerie jar, fancy block, wisp lantern. and from the grand x mas tree not ONE but TWO , yes Two i tell u magic cement from ONE chop! Where was all this luck from the get go! Well gratz to my husband and not so much to the less fortunate such as myself!

Lol. Well main point, i believe the drops have improved so if anyone wants to try their luck, go for it! An good luck! And happy holidays!

vednir
12-25-13, 12:02 PM
I spent the 30 gems for the christmas trees now that they're on sale. It's only a net 30 gems for 3 white and 1 grand christmas tree which I'll probably keep around for decorations until I run out of space. With all the gems awarded by TL for us advertising their other games it was easy to do.

faeriedust
12-27-13, 10:27 PM
Will the christmas trees still drop gifts after they are removed from the market? I don't want to chop mine down just yet.
Also will the white dye be available from another source/crafting for future quests?

kmcd2824
12-25-14, 08:25 PM
I completed both quests in 2014...REVIEW
1) Buy 3 Classic Christmas Trees (25,000 coins each)
2) Buy 1 White Christmas Tree (30 Gems)
Total cost: 75,000 coins, 30 Gems
Gain: 30 Gems
Net cost: 75,000

So if you have 30 gems to spend on the White Christmas Tree, you're only loaning them for a moment because you get 30 gems when completing the quest

Quest #2
Buy 3 White Christmas Trees
Buy 1 Grand Christmas Tree (90 gems)
Also gains 30 gems back when completed

okay I was skeptical . but I knew it was Christmas season and I've been playing TL games long enough to know that I could get gems back. So I decided to go for it. All you have to do is open all the games that you play, wait for the quests to be active, download all the games that it wants, play them for a minute, and go back to your games that you play. Castle Story is usually collect from a coin building and gives you 30 gems for downloading a new game. and you get 30 for each one you just downloaded and played.
I still gained over 70 gems after I bought all the Christmas trees and collected from downloading all the other games.

White Christmas tree drops:
Purple Petal/ Creep tooth + 15 coins / 1 wooden beam / 1 Fancy Beam / 1 Royal Block
1 Sap/ 1 Simple Feast / 1 wood / 3 energy / 1 wood

Grand Tree
3 energy / Hide / 1 bacon / 1 lumin essence / 1 wisp lantern/ 1 builders paste / 10 energy

Verdict: I don't regret doing it during a holiday season when TL releases so many new games. I also wouldn't recommend it. the drops were too little (come on 1 bacon from a 90 gem tree?!?!?! . I did like the lumin essence, lantern & paste. Would have liked more wood & completed things like fancy beams, 10 wood etc. energy in +10,+20 crates would have also been nice. & more feasts. I think I should be getting something better when I'm spending gems. Go for it if you want.