PDA

View Full Version : Do we really HAVE to drop crowns

goddessnikole
12-12-13, 11:15 AM
In order to progress? I think this game mechanic is ridiculous and needs to be fixed. It isn't ideal aside from crown hunting but also because it seems silly. What about the lower level players who are being attacked and trying to build? SMH just seems like an exploit that is unfair to ALL parties involved.

How can we counter this tactic? What improvements can be made? I am at a loss here. I can't even think of a counter at this point and I do not want to drop crowns just to finish upgrading my base.

sand
12-13-13, 01:47 PM
The short answer:
NO. You do not HAVE to drop crowns.

The long answer:
You can proceed at the slow natural pace which is what FireMocha actually wants players to do. That's why they make upgrades so expensive and time consuming and why they make it possible for attackers to loot without winning. Crown dumping is an OPTIONAL way to avoid the speed bumps and resource drains that the game developer has deliberately put in place to slow down the game.

It is still possible for entry-level players to build up and take themselves out of the high-assault farming ranges. Also, there are tactics at the disposal of smart players to make themselves less attractive targets even if they are not the strongest. Lower levels don't need to hold onto large stockpiles of resources for any long period of time because their upgrades are much cheaper and shorter than they will be later on. If they CHOOSE to raid a lot and pile up loot in their vaults while their crews are busy, what can I say? They will hopefully learn not to do that.

As for higher levels in upper crown ranges, they too can play a smart game that will minimize resources lost while offline. One loss. One defensive loss is all you need when offline to shut down any further raiding. What you bleed out in that single loss can be easily regained in one or two attacks when you return. But you have to set your base up to ensure that will happen instead of getting drained by non-victorious looters. To be honest, the reason I started dropping crowns lately is not because I couldn't compete or build my base in the higher ranges. Just that I saw my peers who had started in late September like me, but they had taken the short-cut and were far more developed (at least where their walls were concerned). Call it envy, but I decided I might follow suit for a week or two just to bridge the gap a little.

goddessnikole
12-13-13, 05:42 PM
And where I can appreciate what you are saying, in the last week, the amount of available resources per 0-40 crown opponents versus the amount lost is significantly different. Even taking one hit for 250k, the same is not being offered in return. Furthermore, my son who also plays is affected by this tactic. I watched his base be attacked repeatedly by players 15-30 levels higher than him and end the battle before hitting a 50% victory. RH outside placement and all, it is a struggle and IMO an unfair tactic. If everyone in the higher player ranges drops crowns in order to meet the needs of their individual base, then what? My main point is that this strategy seems ridiculous because if everyone does it there will be no resources anywhere. So again what can be done what are other options and how can FM improve the game rather than resulting to cheap tactics? What fun is it really defeating a low level base? For me at least, I prefer the challenges of winning over the ease of losing.

nachomandeluxe
12-18-13, 07:08 PM
I find it it easy as a RH 7 in 1000 crown range

Rockinkitten
12-30-13, 06:31 AM
What decides how many crowns you lose? I can't find anywhere how many crowns my kingdom offers to attackers.

Chianti
12-30-13, 11:04 AM
The short answer:
NO. You do not HAVE to drop crowns.

The long answer:
You can proceed at the slow natural pace which is what FireMocha actually wants players to do. That's why they make upgrades so expensive and time consuming and why they make it possible for attackers to loot without winning. Crown dumping is an OPTIONAL way to avoid the speed bumps and resource drains that the game developer has deliberately put in place to slow down the game.

It is still possible for entry-level players to build up and take themselves out of the high-assault farming ranges. Also, there are tactics at the disposal of smart players to make themselves less attractive targets even if they are not the strongest. Lower levels don't need to hold onto large stockpiles of resources for any long period of time because their upgrades are much cheaper and shorter than they will be later on. If they CHOOSE to raid a lot and pile up loot in their vaults while their crews are busy, what can I say? They will hopefully learn not to do that.

As for higher levels in upper crown ranges, they too can play a smart game that will minimize resources lost while offline. One loss. One defensive loss is all you need when offline to shut down any further raiding. What you bleed out in that single loss can be easily regained in one or two attacks when you return. But you have to set your base up to ensure that will happen instead of getting drained by non-victorious looters. To be honest, the reason I started dropping crowns lately is not because I couldn't compete or build my base in the higher ranges. Just that I saw my peers who had started in late September like me, but they had taken the short-cut and were far more developed (at least where their walls were concerned). Call it envy, but I decided I might follow suit for a week or two just to bridge the gap a little.

AMEN. I just spoke with a friend about this last night, to be honest. My base setup is dismal lol. Especially since I'm constantly in the top 3. However, the reason I don't change it is because I WANT THE 12 HOUR SHIELD. Can I set up a better defense? Of course. However, knowing there is no such thing as an "Undefeatable" defense, I'd rather get attacked once, and be done with it. Then I have 12 hours to SLEEP - and regain crowns the next day. Having an awesome defense just means you'll lose more crowns unless you play the game like a crack addict.